Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Sneaking off to the woods! [Open RP]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Years of being the Raikage had given Ayumu a lot of experience. That experience was with filling out paperwork, naturally. He got more practice with that in the past few years than most ever got in a lifetime. Of course, he was still a shinobi and filling out paperwork wasn't the only skill he needed to hone. The amount of time Ayumu had on his hands to train over the past years had been slim. He'd get in enough to maintain, but was he slipping? He'd often wonder this. Fortunately for him, his experience with paperwork was not for nothing. He was getting more efficient, getting things done more quickly. Nowadays he even sometimes had free time! So it was that with that free time he'd slipped away into the woods for a bit of privacy from the guards who'd prefer to keep him within sight at all times. He'd left a note on his desk to let them know he'd be back the next day and not to worry, of course. Stopping by his room he'd swapped his usual uniform for garb he'd more likely wear on a mission. A jacket with chainmail woven inside, boots, gloves, dressed from head to toe with reinforced dark brown leather. A brown cloak rested upon his shoulders, a hood over his head, his two blades strapped to his back. Better gear for trekking through woods obtained, he made his way off to the Ancient Forest.

A bit deeper within the woods, he reached a pond into which a roaring waterfall poured drowning out the other sounds of the forest with its soothing white noise. He'd found this place many years ago when he was a younger man. He surely wasn't the first to find this place, nor the last, but it was deep enough within that it wasn't swarming with students doing their daily kunai practice. As of the moment, he was the only one present in fact. Certainly it was a picturesque spot, but Ayumu had chosen this place for its looks. It had what he needed for the training he was interested in today. Stepping near the water's edge, Ayumu peered up to the top of the waterfall through the mists and followed its flow down to the base. Upon taking in the spirit that now dwelled within him, Ayumu had unlocked something else inside of himself, a latent ability that had always been there beneath his notice. Whereas Ayumu had focused on Taijutsu for a large portion of his life, the spirit had helped him realize his knack for Ninjutsu. A whole new realm of techniques had become available, literally at his fingertips. V'eru was not the social type, often only paying attention when danger was afoot. Training like this was nothing to pay any mind to so he remained dormant.

"Alright," Ayumu said to himself, rubbing his hands together before letting one fall to his side. The other remained in front of him forming a few quick seals as he focused himself on the waterfall. At once, the flow of the water near the base shifted and defied gravity, flowing sideways instead. Raising his hand, Ayumu willed the flow of water to go upwards next, forming a U shape with the natural falls going down the cliff side. Reaching the top of the cliff, the flow of water controlled by Ayumu split off into three small currents, the tip of each forming what looked like the head of a serpent. Bringing his hand down quickly, Ayumu willed the water to change course once more, branching off in three direction but converging in their route straight back down. The three serpent heads crashed into the pool of water simultaneously creating a rather large splash. Ayumu almost realized his mistake took late as a wave of water threatened to soak him to the bone. Performing another quick set of handseals, he cast another technique to counter his unintended backlash. The air in front of him, controlled by his whim, would kick up leaves from the ground as it focused into a scythe of wind which rushed forwarding splitting the wave in two just before it reached Ayumu, miraculously leaving him dry.

"Phew... Got to keep that in mind for next time,"<i></i> he noted, watching as the water receded back into the pond and the waterfall went back to its natural state. It was only a matter of avoiding soaking wet clothes, but it would have been unpleasant all the same. It was a bit chilly out, after all, and he hadn't built a fire just yet. Of course, had he done so it would certainly have been extinguished just now. Only now looking down, Ayumu realized that he hadn't escaped completely unscathed. His cloak had still been splashed just a bit, nothing that wouldn't air dry fortunately. Pulling back his hood, Ayumu took a few steps backward and leaned against a tree to think for a moment as he untied his cloak to remove it. "What should I get up to next?"<i></i>

[OoC: If this thread ends up somehow blowing up, let's try to keep it at four (including myself) max please. Don't want it to get too crazy.]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Meanwhile, the Butcher of Kumogakure herself, Shinigawa Otome, was enjoying some quality time without her demon-possessed blade--or anyone else for that matter--above where the Raikage himself stood. After several complaints from civilians and shinobi alike, she decided that perhaps she needed some way of channeling her passion and conviction in a more positive way; or at least in a way that didn't involve as much bloodshed. Plus, she really didn't feel the same after Zansatsu had been nibbling at her soul through her broken katana.

She needed to find herself at the very least, so she sat cross-legged a comfortable distance away from the waterfall's edge and meditated, at least she tried to do so until a massive torrent of wind and water brought her to her senses.

"Jesus Saito!" she shouted loud enough for even Ayumu to hear as she attempted to dry herself off as best as she could. After a minute or so of desperation, Otome sighed and simply glared down over the edge, only to find her leader practicing his ninjutsu.

"Well isn't this a nice surprise!" she thought as her rage subsided and curiosity got the best of her. Using only chakra to soften her landing, the kunoichi jumped off the edge of the waterfall and landed on the pond's surface, her light frame causing only a slight ripple across the water.

"I must admit you are the first man to get me wet, Raikage-sama," Otome teased the leader of Kumogakure as she leaned against a tree and struggled to light one of her Reapers with her drenched lighter. "I wouldn't mind something a lot hotter though; care to give me a light?"

Despite whatever banter between the two, Otome hoped Ayumu was both honorable and intelligent enough to not try anything he'd regret; after all, she had no genuine interest in any kind of relationship, and the Raikage had his own family to tend to.

(topic entered as NPC Shingawa Otome)

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The shout of surprise echoing from the top of the waterfall took Ayumu off guard. Of course, he had done his best to make sure nobody was around before beginning his training, but clearly he had not checked hard enough. 'Oh, shit,' he thought, looking up to the top of the falls which by now had resumed their natural state. A torso appeared over the edge of the cliff, glaring down at Ayumu with understandable anger. Her expression seemed to change slightly as recognition set in. Taking a few steps forward Ayumu tracked Otome as she dropped from above and landed smoothly on the surface of the pond before stepping out to lean against a tree. Before Ayumu could say a word of apology, the woman took him off guard with a lewd comment. If accidentally soaking her wasn't embarrassing enough, that certainly pushed it to a new level. It was a wonder his face hadn't gone red. It only got worse as she asked him for some help with a light.

"Well, fire jutsu aren't my specialty... but I might be able to arrange something," Ayumu responded, shrugging off the comments as he stepped closer. Performing a quick one-handed seal he activated a jutsu which led to his hand becoming covered in a small electrical field. Putting his thumb and finger together he built up a bit of a charge and then pulled them apart causing a little electricity to arc between them. Reaching out, he touch the arcing electricity to the tip of her cigarette. Within just a moment it was lit. Ayumu cancelled the jutsu and stepped back, dropping his hand back to his side.

"There we are. Sorry about all that. I hadn't realized anybody was in the splash zone," Ayumu apologized, scratching the back of his head. He'd managed to keep himself dry aside from his cloak which by now he'd removed and tossed to hang from a low hanging branch. Fortunately, the amount of water that would have reached the top of the waterfall wasn't nearly as intense as if somebody had been standing at the bottom. Still, it was his fault and he felt bad. "I had intended to build a fire eventually... imagine you wouldn't mind drying off. Just need to gather some wood," Ayumu commented, taking a cursory look around and spotting a few choice pieces that weren't too wet. He walked to the nearest one and picked it up, tossing it into a clear spot on the ground before scanning for the next and piling it on top.

"So, obviously I was here to cause a natural disaster- what brings you out here?" Ayumu asked curiosity as he continued gathering wood.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Otome nodded and took an extended drag of her Reaper, her amusement at the Raikage's embarrassment evident by the smile on her face. Taking care to not be rude, she turned her head away from him before exhaling a puff of wispy smoke before tapping away the ash from the lit end onto the ground and smothering any embers with the heel of her knee-high boot.

"Thank you; you are certainly quite the gentleman," she continued teasing Ayumu as she snuffed her cigarette out and saved the remainder for later. Now that her mind had been calmed by the potent tobacco mixture and her hands were free, the blonde-haired vixen began helping with gathering the tinder necessary to fuel a fire.

"Disaster relief, of course," she jokingly responded before her own hands formed a series of chakra fueled zodiac signs. As she finished, a volatile ball of chakra formed in her right hand. Then she rushed towards one of the smaller trees in the area and slammed the energy into its bark, the resulting explosion upon impact not just felling it, but sending it hurtling several feet deeper into the forest. A big grin stretched across her features as she motioned for Ayumu to come closer.

"Well, that should be enough to keep the fire going," she rhetorically commented before she struggled to lift the tree by herself. "Mind giving me a hand? I'll take care of the fire once this in a safe spot."

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Today was like any other day, wake up, get dressed, work, study, train if she didn't have a mission to do that is. Aya liked training in different areas, she wasn't sure where she'd go, or what'd she'd do, but she usually coddiwompled like this everytime. No real plan, but she was definitely going to find a place that was nice, and didn't have a bunch of kids around. Aya was still a kid herself, but her ego had grown ten times the size since she first started out. Having a win streak against your best friend did that sometimes.

Aya wasn't a natural blonde, she was a natural redhead, but she decided to bleach her hair since there were more blondes in the village than redheads. Maybe it was just a phase and she just told herself it was to better hide amongst the ANBU. Who knew. She was about five foot four, that's about all she'd grow in her life, maybe she'd gain an inch but there was no guarantee about that. She was carrying a bag full of food boxes, at least four, Uri usually made her food for her training. She could eat the teahouse into bankruptcy if she was allowed since she usually trained her taijutsu, and her body burning more calories than what the average girl needed to. In order to stay healthy, she just ate a lot but she usually ate way more than she needed too...

Aya walked deeper into the forest, further than she usually went, eventually she heard a waterfall, so she started to walked towards it. Then she heard an explosion, the next thing she knew she was hit in the side of the head with a branch, stick or something. "Ow! What the hell!" She yelled and held the side of her head, she had a small cut but she could still see, and walk so she was okay.

She walked towards the source of the explosion, she spotted two people, adults. "Don't you think you should make sure no one is in the blast zone? There are children out here." Aya stated and put her hands on her hips. Though if she was paying attention she probably could have at least tried to avoid getting hit by debris, but that wasn't the point.

[Topic entered!]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
All things considered, Ayumu counted himself pretty lucky in this situation. A lot of people would be much more angry to be suddenly doused with water, even if he was the Raikage. All it had cost him was a bit of embarrassment which had faded by now. Plus, he'd gotten to practice forming lightning based chakra- a bit of training in itself. He didn't mind getting a fire started either, it was just a matter of doing it now rather than later. With Otome helping to gather the needed kindling, it would even go faster. Her response to his question prompted a laugh from him. He paused in the middle of picking up a dry branch to watch as she activated her own jutsu, forming a swirling ball of chakra in her palm before dashing forward and thrusting it into a tree. The immense force and the twisting chakra combined tour the tree apart at the point of impact and send it hurdling through the trees into the near distance. Otome proudly announced that they had all the wood they needed and asked for a hand bringing it back into the clearing, but another voice drew their attention before Ayumu could move. A outburst of pain and anger.

"Oh, shit,"<i></i> Ayumu repeated the same thought that had crossed his mind earlier when he heard Otome call out. "Random bystanders can't catch a break today,"<i></i> he lamented. At least it wasn't his fault this time. Within a moment, another individual approached looking irritated and bleeding. This one was younger, of Genin age if Ayumu had to guess. Another blonde, though Ayumu had no idea that this one was dyed. "One can never be too cautious in this forest. A lot of people come out here to train. Do you know how many fires we've had to put out in these woods? Got caught in the middle of one, once..."<i></i> Ayumu recounted before pausing. The story was irrelevant and didn't help the girl one bit.

"Sorry- not important right now. I know some medical jutsu. Can patch that up for you pretty easily, if you'd like,"<i></i> Ayumu offered. He was no Med-nin, but he had received some basic training under the current Medical Sennin- his wife. He was pretty proficient at the medical jutsu, if nothing else. Kahako and many Med-nin were quick to tell him that medical jutsu couldn't solve everything. That said, judging by the size of the cut she had received, it was nothing that some chakra magic couldn't fix... this time. Of course, that was irrelevant if she didn't want his help. She'd live regardless and he wasn't going to insist.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
"Oh, shit," Otome said in unison with the Raikage as her eyes widened. Perhaps it was the past few years of avoiding Makaibatsu cultists that fried her ability to observe her surroundings accurately; perhaps it was that same time being inactive within the village itself that dulled those same sense. Either way, the self-proclaimed vigilant defender of the innocent had harmed one of her charges, all because of her haste.

"I guess it's true what they say," Otome addressed the younger girl as she massaged the back of her neck. "'It's bark is worse than its bite.'" The woman nervously laughed at her own joke, her unease apparent despite trying to raise morale. After a few seconds, however, she realized it would be in her best interest to simply apologize and introduce herself.

"Forgive me; I shouldn't forget that others are susceptible to collateral damage as well." The kunoichi bowed before the other before a weak smile crossed her features. "My name is Shinigawa Otome, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. . . . Though I'm sure we could have met under better circumstances."

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Aya was greeted by the two adults here, probably training as well. She set her bag on the ground as the man approached. He started telling a story, so he was one of those kinds of people? He didn't look that old, but who knew. Those old geezers that tell stories all the time were young once too. Aya accepted his help, "Thanks, any healing is better than none." That and she prepared for the pain to go away sooner than later. Aya looked at the woman and grinned at her joke... She'd have steal it one of these days. "Ha, That's a good one." SHe stated then followed it with a small giggle. She wasn't really mad about getting hit in the head, maybe she was, but she cooled off fast. No point in milking a bad incident.

"It's okay, I didn't die, so it is all good." Aya stated to Otome, who would introduce herself after her apology. Aya saw no reason not to forgive and forget. It didn't cause any permanent damage right? At least she hoped not. "I'm Aya, it is nice to meet you." She said with a smile, she gave up trying to use a secret name, a lot of non-anbu already knew her as aya anyways. That could be her secret name since it wasn't her birth name either, but due to her upbringing, Aya was the name on her files.

"SO what are you guys doing way out here?" Aya asked, then a sly grin crossed her face when she had a thought. "Oh wait did I interrupt a date?" Aya looked a the two suspiciously. Then again they could be just training, but it wouldn't be fun if she didn't jest like this. She could be much more lewd about it, but she didn't want to get hit again. SHe assumed they were Ninja since civilians don't wander in a forest full of ninja that often come here to train, and that explosion was probably a ninjutsu. They were probably chuunin rank or above, or really old genin.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Permission granted, Ayumu formed a couple of quick one-handed seals and held his hand, palm up, in front of his chest for a moment. A green glow surrounded his hand and he lifted it, hovering it slightly over Aya's wound as the two women traded some words, apologies and forgiveness. The others introduced themselves and Aya questioned what the two of them were doing out in the forest together, suggesting that perhaps they were on a date. Ayumu sighed, shaking his head. It seemed he was a target for teasing today. The healing was finished, so he took a step back as the glow diminished and placed his hand on his hip.

"Please, I don't need any weird rumors spreading. I'd rather not die by my wife's hand,"<i></i> he replied. The sad fact was that he wasn't even fully convinced that he was joking about that. "Kogami Ayumu, by the way,"<i></i> he introduced himself at last. He never assumed anybody would recognize him- it seemed about fifty fifty odds whenever he met somebody in the village outside of the tower. "To answer your question, I was getting in some training when I accidentally soaked Otome here with water jutsu. We were in the process of..."<i></i> he paused and looked at the felled tree for a moment. "...gathering some firewood in order to start a fire to dry her off,"<i></i> he explained. In a way, this entire chain of events could be traced back to his mistake for not making sure nobody was around, but he wouldn't mention that specifically.

Moving towards the fallen tree, he lifted up one side of it and began to drag it along to the clearing near the pond. "Of course, it's a bit... large for kindling in its current state,"<i></i> he observed, letting it drop to the ground once he was back in the open. He considered dicing it up with his sword, though he didn't particularly like the idea of dulling the blade on wood meaning he'd have to sharpen it later. That was a last resort. Perhaps one of the others could do something to cut the tree down to a more manageable size.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Otome failed to stifle a small chuckle as Aya teased the Raikage as well. "I guess it's true," she thought as Ayumu mentioned the possibility of his wife murdering him. "Blondes really do have more fun!"

"Yeah," woman folded her arms and stuck her bottom lip out, her posture and expression both of faux discontent. "Raikage-senpai is too busy to notice me." Allowing just a few seconds for the illusion to cement itself, Otome would finally break character and give Ayumu a wink and slight nudge with her elbow. "Sorry, it's just fun teasing you," she said with a grin. Despite her nonchalant behavior, the Butcher of Kumogakure had the utmost respect for the Raikage; perhaps it was his ability to appear casual outside of the tower that gave him such prestige in her eyes.

As the only man between the three suggested that the felled tree was much too large to use as tinder, Otome sighed as she extracted the blood-rusted kunai strapped on the inside of her thigh and held it before her. "I got this," she declared as she took a few, slow swings through the air, mapping how exactly she would dice the tree up with the small kunai alone. "Just make sure the coast is clear, please."

Once reassured that no harm would befall anyone else on her behalf, the kunoichi channeled chakra through her body and into the blade before unleashing a torrent of projected slashes at the tree, dicing the lumber into more manageable chunks without ever having to dull the already deteriorated kunai.

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Aya thought for a moment, Ayumu? like the Raikage? Otome confirmed it. Aya blinked and looked clearly embarrassed. "Ah! I'm sorry Raikage-Kogami. I won't spread any rumors, it'd be bad for everyone in your case..." She stated, if rumors spread like that, the respect for other villages might fall, people might look down on their leader, it'd be bad in the end.

Aya looked at the tree and nodded. "Well I'll leave you guys to train then, I wouldn't want to get in your way." she said, making sure she was in the clear for Otome's next attack. "Thanks for the patch, I'll probably see you guys in the future. I plan on climbing the ranks, so it is very likely." She said in a confident tone of voice, She wanted to be sennin, but of which branch she couldn't say. Even if he was the Raikage, she couldn't let her guard down, what if this was a fake? Who knew, so she'd only talk about the deeper stuff in private.

Aya then took her stuff and walked away to go train somewhere else. Too many cooks in the kitchen, too many shinobi training in one place called for trouble.

[Topic left, going on hiatus soon for military stuff]
[mft]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The two seemed to enjoy taking turns teasing Ayumu, Otome pretending to be disappointed that Ayumu wasn't interested in her like that. She apologized for teasing him to which Ayumu simply replied with a gruff harumph. Then, just as quick as she had showed up, the injured party took her leave with thanks for the healing and a promise of her potential. She seemed to be an ambitious one. Ayumu made note to keep an eye on her though he had only her first name. He waved as she departed and then turned back to watch Otome's handy work with the tree turning it into firewood quite effectively with her kunai technique leaving a pile of usable tinder.

"Right, well done. Somehow we've managed to do one thing without hurting anybody," Ayumu observed with a chuckle, kneeling down and gathering a bundle of wood into his arms. It was plenty for a campfire. Somebody else would be able to take advantage of the rest some other time- perhaps even Ayumu the next time he came around this spot. Transporting the wood closer to the waterside he knelt down once more and arranged it into a good formation conducive for starting a healthy fire. It would take a bit more than a small small spark to ignite the wood pile this time. He took a few steps back and then looked around to make sure nobody could possibly be harmed or otherwise adversely affected by his jutsu this time.

"Okay, I should be clear this time..."<i></i> he commented before running through a few handseals and then holding his hand up. A few sparks starting snapping around his hand as an electrical gathered in his palm, concentrating and forming loosely the shape of a small javelin. Once it had taken shape, he threw the formation of lightning at the pile of wood, the intense heat of the jutsu causing the wood to burst into flames, the electricity dissipating soon after. It was a cheat, this was certainly not the conventional way to start a fire, but it was effective enough.

"There we are. Now you can dry off. Your clothes really are soaked,"<i></i> Ayumu commented, taking another look at Otome's misfortune by his hand. At least he could do something to rectify it somewhat. Getting closer to the fire, he lowered himself to the ground and took a seat, stretching out one leg and bending the other up as he leaned back propping himself up on his arms. It was a bit chilly out and even to someone who wasn't terribly wet, the warmth of the fire felt good.

"So you know I was training, you never told me what you were up to out here before I accosted you,"<i></i> Ayumu prompted curiously, hoping to find out what Otome had been doing.

[Sorry for being so slow, my motivation has been low lately but I'm trying to get back into it!]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Otome chuckled to herself as Ayumu responded gruffly to her antics and Aya bid the two of them adieu. "I hope you do, Aya," she confirmed her own faith in the younger lady as her own smile softened. "In fact, I'm betting on it."

She beamed as the Raikage himself praised her handiwork in taijutsu. "T-thank you, Raikage-sama," she stammered with a blush, not used to being complimented on anything besides her figure; it was certainly a relief after being shown up in battle by the Leaf gaijin and then by Hoshi. "You have a knack for ninjutsu yourself, you know?" she awkwardly complimented the leader of Kumogakure no Sato after he ignited the tinder with a lightning technique.

As Otome crouched low by the fire and slowly dried drenched attire, Ayumu's question prompted a sigh from her. "Training, like you," she succinctly answered, leaving the full story hidden behind those few words. "Or perhaps healing is a better way of putting it. Regardless, it is one hell of a story."

[No worries; look how long it took me ^_^]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back