Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

So It Has Come To This (Private/Takeshi)

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He’d gone home first, a quick visit to his wife to let her know his trip was far quicker than expected and a shower to recover from the grime of travel. And to get the foreign scent off him. And to clear his mind from all that had gone down. As the hot water dripped from his face he began to hyperventilate, his mind returning to the scenes at the gate and the necessity to leave as they did, to the reaction it garnered. He shuts the water off as his brain lights on fire at what would come to be after his report, after it all ended. Maki’s face took on a grim mask as he dressed himself.

A maroon double breasted jacket with six gold buttons and peak lapels fit over a black dress shirt accented with a spiral-striped gold tie. Pleated pants to match the dress shirt were worn above a pair of black monk-strap shoes with gold accents. As was the norm of late, his cane was in hand, not so much a walking aid as a fashion accessory at this point. He breezes into the mansion and as the nearest aide attempts to stop them she would find a buffer of wind breezing between them, keeping her away without harming her. For his part, Maki simply pushes open the door to Takeshi’s open and uses the cane to quickly shut it behind him.
KLiTeqR.gif

”Sorry to interrupt whatever is going on, but we need to talk. Our alliance with Cloud has been violated, and I’ve let them know that upon my return, we’ll be ending our half of it also.” That might catch his attention. Maki brings the cane down to hook a chair over and sits heavily in it, so heavily that it creaks under the added weight of the metal in his system. ”I’ll take one of those drinks now.”

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka sighed and continued speaking. "Yeah." She spoke, reporting the new promotion to Takeshi "In summary. Yuki is the new head jounin, in charge of the security for high ranking Leaf Shinobi. Right now, she has two duties. Finding potential recruits and, based upon her relationship with you, protecting you." That's when her... not so favorite person in the world walked in. Clinching her teeth Rayne held her arm out to her. "Don't." Was all she said, her last experience by throwing out everything without thinking was stupid.

But what Maki started saying kind of threw everything out the window. Asuka gasped and Rayne looked at Maki with confusion in her eyes "The hell happened?" She spoke, Asuka unable to speak simply looked at Takeshi for the next steps. Hopefully this wouldn't turn into a conflict but she was ready for it if it indeed turned to it. With a sigh Asuka sank back into her chair. "Whether I like you or not, I'll happily buy you that drink."

[Topic Entered]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nagisa was in her office working on some minor notes from the day's activities when Maki came in and made a beeline for the Kage office. IT was a surprise as he was part of a diplomatic mission to Cloud. It seems that it went very quick which means it was really good or really bad.

'With that speed, bad.' a voice chimed in her head.

Nagisa pushed the thought aside, finished up her note, and placed it into a folder which was quickly deposited into a cabinet. She would then charge forward at her own brisk pace and appeared in the office behind Maki, but Asuka beat her to it. Nagisa, herself, was wearing her blue monk like attire but not her sennin robe. The Teardrop seal on her back was in full display for those that bothered to notice it.

"so I take it things went very poorly Maki." Nagisa would say coolly.

Nagiasa would take a seat nearby on whatever was available and watch, her blue eyes watching the events carefully, bouncing between the Hokage, Asuka, and Maki in turn.

[topic entered]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi sat in his office seat taking in all the information that was being fed to him. He knew full well that he still had to get his head around all of the news that had been put into his mind. Though it seemed that Maki had managed to come back quickly and without a second thought of hesitation. He allowed the sigh to escape his lips as he looked at the group that had already made it into his office. It seemed that the Sennin had already got a wift of blood in the air and wanted to see what would become of this. Takeshi had to admit he was slightly intrigued as well by this.

“What actually happened at the gates, coming back saying the treaty is over. Did you actually manage to speak to anyone who sent letters to validate the situation. You had the authority to make that call, I want utter proof that you made the right call. I want to know exactly what was said, and what happened at the gates.”

His voice calm as he spoke and address the Sennin that was in front of him. It was clear that a lot has happened but Takeshi wanted to know every inch of it. He wanted to know why the sudden change and if anything had been picked up on this little trip. He would not act without case, while the lines had been drawn up he didn’t want to fire the first shell before deciding what the outcome of this situation would be.

[Topic Entered]
[MFT: 260]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It seemed he had interrupted a meeting between Takeshi and Asuka. Ironic, to say the least. And problematic if he ever hoped to repair the burnt bridge between himself and the main branch sennin. As her twin holds her back from something stupid, Maki’s statement seems to create some tension in the room. Tension that kept him from realizing Nagisa was with them until she spoke. And Asuka offered to buy him a drink. Olive branches all around then.

But Takeshi was the one who he focused on now. And he didn’t seem interested in giving Maki that drink. Instead he demanded to know what happened. ”Well, it started off well enough.” He begins tossing something between his hands. It was the crystal atop his cane, the cane itself seeming to have simply vanished into thin air. ”We arrived at the gates and announced ourselves. Shinrya Kitsune met us, and gave us leave to enter. Then it went to shit.” He slides the two letters from the people claiming to be Raikage from his pocket and sets them on the table before Takeshi. ”Some ANBU showed up and was either a mute or refused to talk to us. He instead kept scribbling messages on a notepad. And asked us why were there. He did confirm that Ayumu is of ill health and no longer apparently in charge. And that there is an election going on and neither of these two are in charge. And then he used his headset, seemed to be morse code of some sort but I don’t know the language he used. And then Okada Kaji showed up.”

Once more that crystal goes flying from hand to hand, and it became apparent it was somehow helping him concentrate and remember details of what had happened. His mind was still on the mend, and he had found such tools to be a godsend to using it properly. ”I’m sure you recall him. Traded off to Cloud in exchange for Yuuto, who you recruited me into the village to help you deal with. He told us we were welcome, and like brothers. And then told us there was a sickness and we should turn around and leave. And didn’t seem to want us asking questions about Mikasa. Claimed he would have that handled ‘without any assistance from the Leaf.’ But that’s not the important bit. What is is what came next.”

His brown eyes meet the sharingan of his best friend. ”I was informed by this ANBU that the remains of Maru were delivered to us, Cloud claiming they had handled their end of the alliance with him, no doubt? Well, some idiot came running out of the village and offered your wife a whip and handcuffs. An idiot that Kitsune confirmed to be one Maru moments later. And then the ANBU grabbed Maru and tried to haul it out of there after flashing a message to Kaji. Fearing an ambush, I got Yuki and Yukio back in the carriage to leave. So near as I can tell: They’re doing nothing about Mikasa and don’t want us asking questions or even being there, they have no real leader and there is much internal strife over who is going to take power next, and Maru is there doing god knows what. So yeah, I’d say they violated the hell out of our alliance. With Maru and Mikasa there, who can tell what they’ve been told without bothering to come verify in person.”

The crystal stops flying through the air and he lifts his hand, the thing now once more firmly attached to the cane that seems to appear out of thin air again. ”As for what we do about it? I see three options. Keep our alliance and pretend this never happened. March on Cloud and begin a foolish war that would destroy both our villages. Or, and hear me out here, end the alliance and raise our defenses for the worst while we focus on strengthening Konoha from within.”

(OOC: Editted out things I wasn't able to know due to leaving the thread. Apologies.)

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka listened very closely to what Maki had to say. It certainly was alarming the news he was bringing. What did Cloud do to enrage the diplomatic team to such degree that they would leave... Cloud went into so much trouble to try and stop them? There is actually no Raikage at the moment? Was Cloud falling apart? It just, didn't make any sort of sense. Apparently there visit was full of revelations but it only brought more questions into the mix. Rayne was the first to speak. Her companion having the more controlled mind of the two.

"So your telling us that cloud is a leaderless, unorganized shit hole at the moment?" Asuka nodded in agreement, although she would have liked to use a different kind of wording. Pinching the bridge of her nose Asuka sighed loudly. Looking up at Takeshi after hearing the news. "If I may." Asuka started "I would say this. End the alliance, as Maki suggested but give Cloud a chance at fixing what they did. Give them a chance to send... whoever is representing their village to come over and explain what the hell is going on, if their explanation makes sense we re-enstate the alliance. If not, the alliance stays broken. In either case we can work on making the village stronger worst case scenario."

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nagisa would listen carefully, brow furrowed.

"I do hope Lord Ayumu is ok. There was an issue in their village not long ago and I helped as best I could. He seemed a nice sort who gladly accepted my help. A pity he is feeling ill. I would go to him if you allowed but it seems the situation in Cloud is... perilous at the moment. It seems that Cloud is harboring traitors to Leaf especially this Maru and my predecessor. If they can lie about this, they can lie about anything and it seems they lack leadership. Oh dear." Nagisa would shake her head.

"Asuka I feel has the gist of it. Until such time that Cloud is honest with us and has a stable leadership, it seems they are little better than a group of missing nin with little to no cohesion except that part of their population is Leaf turncoats. It is disturbing. Mayhap, My Lord Takeshi, we should use this opportunity to make ourselves better acquainted with Sand? Also we should let Sand know of this anyways as we do not know if they will treat them like us. I do agree with Leaf focusing on itself for the time but we should not delay on extending our hand to anotehr potential ally in these troubled times." Nagisa would become quiet watching everyone's reactions to her words.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to consider the words from Maki, it seemed that what had happened at cloud was truly showing the true intentions of this ‘treaty’ as the Fourth Hokage ever since ascending to that position he had seen that they had never once actually kept to the treaty. It seemed that the Anbu at the gates had lied to his face the bag that was given was one of lies that left a very sour taste in his mouth as he leaned back in his chair for a few minutes his hand coming to rub his chin as he mumbled to himself.

“Umashi, this treaty was a curse more than it was a gift”

His voice calm and collected as he brought his attention back to Maki to hear him at the last part about the option, even the possibility of war made him twitch slightly. He didn’t want to be known as the Blood Hokage as much as that was becoming a possibility these days it seemed. He allowed the other Sennin to speak first, it seemed that each of them had something to say on this matter.

It seemed that Asuka was once more thinking logically, Takeshi had to wonder if that beating that he had given her actually managed to knock some sense into her head. But that thought was quickly lost as he nodded back to her finally turning her eyes over to Nagisa for the final Sennin to have an input. Yukio was busy at the moment, he gave leave for the Anbu Sennin to not be present, he didn’t expect the man to be here but would have loved to have his council at this time.

Nagisa seemed to want to put her hand out once more to a village who had done nothing but slap the hand away each time it was held out. Takeshi saw this but it seemed the new Medical Sennin was missing that point. He allowed himself to run his hand across his eyebrows as they furrowed into what would be considered a frown. He cleared his throat before address this group.

“The treaty with Cloud is here by ended, as is all military aid to the village for what they need. We are not going to war, I agree that is the worst choice. But consider ourselves Allies with them is now something that is off the table.”

He allowed the words to linger for a few moments, to hang in the air as if poison, it hurt his very core that it came to this. Cloud needed to see that the Alliance went both ways and lies and deceit on one end had corrupt that agreement, poisoned the very foundations until they sunk and brought the whole thing collapsing in on itself. This had been the last straw that broke the camel's back.

“Asuka triple the gate duties, work them over time if they have to. No-one enters or exits this village without someone from Main Branch interacting with them. Consider the village now at high military alert. If you need help work with the Anbu Branch to drag man power to that gate. At least three Shinobi to every one person that turns up to my gate, fail me in this task and I will personally have to consider your position as a Sennin.”

His attention and focus once more changed to Nagisa.

“Stock up supplies, medicine, put more man power into our own research and development departments. I want them working over time. If anything happens I want us to be supplied with everything we need to deal with it ourselves. Consider we will not get any outside help we must become self reliant village that we always have been. Get the hospital running like a well oiled machine.”

Finally his gaze fell upon his friend and advisor. The man that had fought side by side with him on to many times, who had bled and sacrificed for this village.

“Maki, I want detailed reports on area’s we need to improve in, where our weaknesses are and what we need to do to turn that into a strength. Consult with those that you need to and get trade agreements where you can. Turn to any village you think may help us. Finally send a letter to Cloud, let them know of these decisions, tell them if they want to make peace for their actions to send someone to Leaf who can explain what the hell they are playing at. I will let you use your own words.”

He leaned back in his chair and waited for the replies.

[Cloud Treaty Ended by Order of the Fourth Hokage]
[MFT: 700+]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
4okSLUI.gif

Everyone seemed to have some input, it seemed. As Asuka spoke, Maki knew that while her effort was indeed noble it would be wasted. Takeshi was not the type to easily forgive something like this. A bald lie right to his face. But the Advisor shelfs the idea for later, knowing he could potentially work it out himself and get Takeshi onboard. Nagisa seemed more worried about the Raikage who aided the lie than anything else, but what little Maki knew of her he wasn’t too shocked there.

The important bit was from the Hokage himself. The man who was muttering under his breath about Umashi cursing them with this alliance. The twitch let him know that war was off the table for now, which was good. He spoke to the group after clearing his throat, officially declaring what Maki himself had and ending the treaty between the two villages. He then handed out orders to everyone. Asuka to man the gates even harder than they were, improving their defenses. And authorization for her to utilize the ANBU branch which was not too surprising. Nagisa was to keep stocks up and personnel awake.

Maki listens to his own orders then nods a bit before speaking up. ”I can give you a report before I leave. But I think it best if I go to these other villages in person to request such agreements. And I want to take my wife with me. We haven’t had any time together in a very, very long time. Since we got married. I think I can hit up Moon and Sunagakure in short order, and instead of a letter deliver my words in person to whoever seems to have the most authority in Cloud by the time I do so. Hopefully at that point, they’ll have their heads out of their asses.”

It was true, they’d never truly had any time together between the tournament, Frost, and everything since. They had a lot of catching up to do. He would need to make his trips quick, but make them he would. After all, as far as anyone in this room was aware he was still not fit for combat.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka listened to people speak, Takehi's orders were quite simple. Village pretty much on lock down. She understood the sentiment, Cloud was by definition a wild card. Who knew if they would be friends or enemies. In the end it didn't matter what they thought, it simply mattered what they did. Asuka nodded to Takeshi's request. Looking at Maki, she sighed. "If Takeshi agrees. I'll prepare your wife's passport." Looking back to Takeshi Asuka spoke "I lack the manpower to fulfill your request on my lonesome, so I will be speaking with Yukio-san and coordinating with him to have ANBU man the gates as well."

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nagisa would listen and bow her head slightly.

"I have some recent recruits that I will be sure to push. I will start gathering supplies encase of a siege if you wish. I will make sure that, should we be cut off, we will have a year's worth of medical supplies in the worst case scenario. I hope we don't need it but I hope this... issue with Cloud is just an outlier. Still, I will assume the worst unless told otherwise. If you need help at the gates Asuka, let me know. I can handle myself in a fight I assure you but work best with allies. I wish you luck, Maki, in your mission and time away from the village."

Nagisa would wait for a response to her words or to see if they were dismissed. Still, Shizue hummed a small tune in her head.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to watch the interaction between the three Sennin in his office. Yukio was still missing from but the man was busy, he allowed himself to listen to Maki speaking it seemed the man wanted to take a field trip. He could understand why and honestly it came as no surprise to the Hokage, as he nodded slowly allowing himself to listen to Maki and what he wanted to do instead.

“Approved, you and your wife go and make sure that you come back with results for me if you can I would prefer the words of others to be in writing. Let's not make the same mistake we did with Cloud, so go spend your time away but when you come back at least support it with results. Do what you must remember we are not here to join a war though so consider that medical information, any history they want feel free to disclose at your discretion.”

Takeshi allowed himself to listen to the words of the others, it seemed that the conversation was done and over. He could read that much from the air. Allowing himself to take a short breather he waved his hands to dismiss the rest of them. He allowed a glance to each of them to make it clear that this conversation was completely done now.

“Thank you for your time each of you. If anyone has any other business to discuss feel free to hang around. I will be around for a brief chat afterwards. Feel free to speak to me and just hang back at the end.”

[MFT: 269]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As the approval is granted, Maki rises. His chair lets out an audible groan of appreciation at the weight taken off of it. ”By your leave, Lord Hokage.” He turns and bows his head to the other two Sennin before exiting the office. Each step measured, each moment calm and collected. Only after he left the building would his nerves catch up to him. Maki stops in his tracks, shaking violently for a moment before he catches hold of himself and once more begins his measured steps home.

He had a trip to plan. And other plans to make.

(Topic left)

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nagisa would look around and nod at Takeshi has he dismissed them all.

Nagisa would rise gracefully form her seated position and would head back towards her office. She had paperwork to do especially concerning orders of gathering medicinal work.

'I will need to rally the medical shinobi.'

'Yes you do. Do you have the manpower to do so?' a voice asked in her head.

'In theory, yes. Still, we will make due with what we have. I will have to put more time into this and making sure our supply would last in a siege. I expect some sleepless nights in the future and I hope you keep me awake.'

'Not for too many nights. If your body fades away, I fade away and I think we don't want that.'

'Agreed. Fine. 48 hours at most. After this, please coax me to sleep.'

Nagisa entered her office and immediately began to gather supplies. She places the supplies into a bag and went directly to the hospital. It was going to be a long night and she had no need for delays. There was something afoot in the world and she was going to be ready.

[topic left]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka looked as everyone started to leave and simply scratched the back of her head. She had something else to discuss with the Hokage. With a sigh she walked forward and took the liberty on sitting down. Rayne looked down at Asuka and pinched her nose in annoyance. "You're not actually going to..." She sighed loudly "Screw it, I ain't gonna be here if he kicks your ass again." With that Rayne walked out of the office, probably going someplace to calm herself down. Asuka immediately spoke "Sorry about that... we don't agree on what I'm about to do." Asuka tried to find the correct words, took a few moments to finally she spoke.

"Look. You know I'll follow you to hell and back, but... I can't keep quiet with what I believe to be the wrong course of action." She looked up and continued "I understand the change of policy in making things more strict, specifically in terms on how the village runs. And I can agree on the Shinobi force but I've been busting my head open on trying to find a way to implement your orders to the students and I'm sorry.... I can not run the academy like you are requesting me to do. I don't think it's the best way to do things."

Asuka leaned forward and started explaining "Rayne says that the Shinobi world is a cruel one and that the faster the students learn that the better. But I disagree, forcing military tactics down students throats and teaching about how everyone HAS to be loyal to the village is not the way to go." Asuka sighed pinching her nose "And with the new changes you are ordering... I'm afraid loyalties, friendships, simply comrades will never come into fruition the way it's supposed to."

Asuka stopped momentarily "What I'm trying to say is.... instead of teaching loyalty, let's let them come to a decision based upon what they want rather than what they should. Lets let them be themselves and have fun in their own way... I don't like the idea on living like a soldier from the moment anyone steps into an academy. " Asuka stopped, hoping Takeshi would take her seriously on the request.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi was about to stand up when he allowed himself to catch a glimpse of Asuka hanging behind, it seemed that the Main Branch Sennin wanted to have a word without the presence of everyone else. Though honestly it didn’t surprise the Hokage he figured that this was coming his way after her recent discussion ended more like a building falling down than anything that could be considered to be more successful than that. As he allowed himself to lean back in his chair he listened to her speaking.

“You know, the village is a military village Asuka, we cannot rely on anyone like we used to. We must become stronger, we must train and we must make sure that everyone understands there place in this world. You need to understand yours as well, but I can understand your concern.”

Allowing himself to turn his attention out to the village he allowed himself to think for a few moments, gauging the situation and what Asuka had stayed behind to say, he knew that he couldn’t always lead the way he wanted to and also accepted that the time had come for them to make sure that the future of the village was secured.

“Asuka, I gave you Sennin in the hopes that you learned how to grow stronger, how to become better than you consider yourself now. My dream was that one day you would take the mantle of Hokage, recently you have been proving me wrong, you have been hurting my expectations of you, my hopes for you. I don’t know if that was your plan but this is what has happened.”

Taking a breather he pondered for a few minutes, it was clear that he still had a lot of work to do in the future, but right now he had to address what was taking place. Knowing that he couldn’t leave Asuka once more feeling the way she did.

“Do what you think is best for the Academy, I won’t stop you, that was the role that you took on. But make no expectations when they come out of the Academy, they will have to be prepared for what awaits them, they will have to be ready for what the future holds. That is the key to how we survive Asuka, we must do better in the next generation or even ourselves, but the goal will always be to do what is best for the new generation. I hope you understand.”

Takeshi allowed himself to turn his attention back to Asuka as he looked to the woman that she had become. Waiting to see what her next words would be.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka scratched the back of her head and laughed nervously. Takeshi was right on the first remark, everyone had a place in the world and Asuka had found hers being Takeshi's.... subordinate of sorts. Quite a problematic one at that. She figured early on that they didn't see eye to eye in most situations but it she was loyal to him. Whether she agreed or disagreed, Takeshi had the final say on what was going to go. "I get that. I get the reasoning behind it. Besides, my place in this world is to make sure the main branch is suitable to take care of village affairs, that the students graduate with a certain standard as to have the transition from branch to branch be as effortless as possible."

His next words... kinda hurt Asuka couldn't lie. Although she wasn't expecting it, it still hurt. She couldn't believe being the Hokage, being on par with Takeshi seemed a long way off. Like a mouse trying to reach the sky, too much out of the way. "Although I did have my reasons.... the recent outburst wasn't... ideal. Let alone how I should've acted." She laughed nervously.

Asuka smiled widely once Takeshi had agreed to what she had asked. It seemed as though they can agree on , on a base level, how the academy should run with a smile on her face Asuka bowed. "Thank you takeshi, I'll make sure graduates are on par with your expectations." With that she turned to leave.

[Topic Left]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself a few moments to listen to Asuka speak before she left, he allowed the small sigh to escape his lips, knowing full well that he had sorted the business that was required of him at that specific moment in time, though if the future could be told, it would tell a very different story and he knew that. He allowed a sigh to escape his lips before making sure that draws in his office where locked. It seemed that these days he was always busy, but that was to be expected with the job. Even he knew and understood that much. This was the life that he signed up for when he took on the role of Hokage.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back