Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

So wait Gen is useful now? [Pvt w/ Sanyu]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ever since his exam with the ANBU Sennin, Tatsuo had wondered just exactly happened there. He was wise enough to realize it was probably a Genjutsu, but other than a quick class he had in his Academy Student days he had no experience in it. Luckily for him, lots of the best shinobi in the world were gathered here so there might be someone to help him. Though, he still wanted to keep the experience local, not great to spill your weaknesses to a foreign shinobi, ya' know?

He had heard a few things about Sanyu, a Chuunin who gave Umashi a run for his money in a fight, who happened to be a master of illusions. After a little bit of asking around he had managed to figure out that he was indeed in Tea. After convincing the hotel management that it was something important, and flashing his passport that said Jonin on it, they finally allowed him to know which room Sanyu was staying at.

It didn't take him long to find the door, just a few minutes in an elevator and some sign language with a deaf janitor he managed to make his way to Sanyu's door. He knocked and then waited, hopefully he was in.

[Requesting Sanyu]

Sanyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'Traveling here was such a bitch.' Sanyu sighed as he soaked in the bathtub. When the announcement of the tournament spread through the leaf village Sanyu was initially excited. At first he wanted to join, but he was passed up by others. Somewhat understandably, those chosen were prominent members of the village, and though Sanyu is confident in his own ability to fight he mostly just acted as a teacher within the village, he didn't make a strong enough presence. Granted, his recent fight against Umashi made him somewhat more popular, especially as Umashi made him a disciple for his sage mode. Sanyu still wanted to watch the tournament, but the travel was long and he really didn't feel like it was worth at this point. He was so lethargic he completely ignored the first round, placed his bets and left.

Sanyu stood from the bath and dried himself. Feeling famished he sync'd his mind with the receptionist at the front desk to get himself some food delivered to his room, and while it was accepted it wasn't particularly appreciated that he just randomly delved into the man's mind. Not long after he sent the message, there was a knock on his door. God that was fast. "Uh, just a second!" Sanyu opened his pack and quickly put pants on. He opened the door in a haste, his towel still over his shoulder as he continued to dry his hair. "Sorry I'm not completely decent, I was't expec-" He looked at the man who was at his door. Sanyu noticed he didn't have any food with him, then he noticed the headband. "Oh, you're not room service... uh, sorry come in come in." Sanyu walked away from the door leaving it open and for Tatsuo to close himself as he obtained a shirt to put on. "What can I help you with?" He sat on his bed before realizing his mistake. "I'm sorry, I just ordered food, did you want any?"

[MFT]​

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo waited at the door as the man went to get dressed, he diverted his gaze opting to enjoy the fine carpet mesh the hotel's floor had to over. For some reason it's almost like he expected it, perhaps a sixth sense. Once Sanyu was finally decent, Tatsuo entered the apartment with permission and when offered food he shook his head and smiled. "No thanks, I actually wanted to ask you for something though." he said closing the door behind him. "I should probably introduce myself first though, I am Ranna, Tatsuo. A Jonin in Leaf." Extending his hand out for a shake he continued to explain his intentions.

"I heard about your fight with Umashi-sama and after a recent encounter of mine I thought I should learn a thing or two about Genjutsu. My Ninjutsu is great and my Tai is up to par, but I know about as much about Genjutsu as I do Sunagakure." he said with a chuckle. "I know you're probably enjoying the festivities, but if you're willing would you be able to show me a few things? Here or back in Konoha is fine with me." he said following up with another friendly grin.

Tatsuo thought back to his fight with the ANBU Sennin, he wasn't exactly sure what happened there but even after he resisted the Genjutsu he still felt like his legs were shattered in a billion places. It really was a strange feeling but it did prove to him the power of Genjutsu, something that he would need to learn at least a little bit if he wanted to continue growing as a shinobi. Ignorance isn't an excuse for weakness.

Sanyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sanyu noticed the man's hesitation on entering the room but made no comment on it, in fact, he was far more surprised by the refusal of free food. Its free food, sure maybe the cooks here aren't of the highest quality but its free. Sanyu shrugged, "So be it." He throw the towel behind him onto the bed as Tatsuo explained his reasoning for coming to his room. Once Tatsuo introduced his rank Sanyu instantly stood up and did a slight bow. "Forgive my rudeness sir." He sat back down but in a more professional stature.

Sanyu couldn't help but grin at the mention of his fight against the hokage, it wasn't that he was arrogant but he had a right to be slightly proud about the fight. He didn't win, and the outcome could have been bad if the fight continued, but he definitely feels like he did well in the fight. "Teach you genjutsu? I guess I could try..." Sanyu contemplated this for a moment. Teaching students was easy, their minds still malleable. Teaching someone so seasoned always tend to cause problems, there was the first step of gauging their power level, then their understanding of the subject as to not waste time. "Well ok, uh... I guess we could find some time at some point." A knock on the door followed and Sanyu stood to answer it.

After recieving his food he sat back down. "I would say now but I already ordered the food, but give me time to eat and we could start. Though I guess while you wait you can tell me about yourself." He took a large bite before clarifying "Well I mean the jutsu you use, any special talents, and yanno, a detailed extent of your knowledge over genjutsu so I can understand where we should start." He tapped his hand on the opposite end on the bed inviting Tatsuo to sit down. "No need to be shy, I didn't introduce myself but I assume you already know my name since you had to find my room."

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It honestly was odd to have someone call him sir, especially someone older than him. His brow furrowed instantly and he shook his head growing red in the face. "Oh, no worries. I don't care about titles or anything." he said offering a shrug and a friendly smile. "Never been called Sir before either, guess there's a first for everything though." he said rubbing his chin for a moment as he listened to Sanyu. He hoped the man could show him how to use Genjutsu because it really was proving to be a glaring hole in his fighting style.

When he agreed Tatsuo smiled and nodded a few times, "Thanks, a lot!" While it was true Tatsuo was seasoned enough, he probably was a better student with age. When he was young he was filled with a strange sense of pride that had no real source. However as he matured that left him and made him quicker to learn and listen. Especially to those who knew better than him. "Yeah you really gave the Second a run for his money. I can't say I wasn't really impressed when I heard that. He's always been a ninja i've looked up to." He thought back to Umashi fondly, while they're first meeting wasn't anything too memorable he grew to respect the old man a lot over the years.

When asked about his abilities Tatsuo rubbed the back of his neck and looked around the room as he thought. "Well, i'm pretty good at Ninjutsu. Honestly i'd say that's what i'm best at. I got pretty good at unarmed Taijutsu as well but for the most part my go to is that. I never attempted to learn Genjutsu because for the most part, i'm not capable of many ninjutsu either. Pretty much everything I do comes out as wood of some sort.. Like this." Tatsuo said as he extended his arm, a wooden tendril forming from his arm and appearing for a brief flash before coming back into him.

When invited to sit on the bed he nodded and took a seat, listening to him as he continued to ask questions regarding his skills. "Well, when it comes to Genjutsu I really know next to nothing. I know how to cancel them, but that's really the extent of that. I've been lucky enough to not fight anyone who used lots of Genjutsu yet, but gotta be prepared for anything, ya' know?" he said joking a bit and placing his hands on his lap. "It's alright, Sanyu, right? It took me a while to figure out where you were staying, had to tell some of the people at the front desk it was important village business." he smirked a bit and waited for Sanyu's response to all of that.

Sanyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
tumblr_n96dg5j4mp1snu1b0o1_500.gif
Sanyu was brought up to respect the chain of command, but if that chain was telling him to drop all formalities he wasn't going to object. He switched his seating style to a more lax position, leaning against the wall as he continued to eat. "I can keep calling you sir if it tickles your fancy." He added jokingly as he continued to eat his food. He had no intention of calling Tatsuo 'sir' anymore, it wasn't something he enjoyed doing for anyone in power. They were already higher up in the hierarchy, they didn't need to be reminded of it every time someone speaks to them. "I'm joking if I didn't make that obvious enough."

Sanyu looked away once the compliments came, not because he didn't like compliments, but because he didn't want people to see how prideful he really was. He attempted to wave away the compliments thrown at him. "I'm sure the Hokage was going easy on me, we stopped early so theres no telling what the next couple of rounds could have done." He began to place the packaging neatly within one another to lessen the space it would take in the trash. He began to stand up as Tatsuo was explaining his skills so he could throw away his trash when Tatsuo showed him his wood. It came as such a surprise that Sanyu fell back on his bed. "Oh... thats... interesting." It was weird. Not the weirdest thing that Sanyu has seen in his life but definitely weird. He stood back up and threw his trash away.

When Tatsuo sat on the bed Sanyu somewhat hopped back on, causing it to bounce. He gave a slight sigh at Tatsuo's explanation of his genjutsu knowledge. "So basically, you know absolutely no genjutsu? Like... at all?" He looked to the ceiling and gave a slight chuckle while at the same time sighing in exasperation. "I mean, I guess its better late than never, its good to be well rounded." He rested his chin on a fist as he stared at Tatsuo, analyzing him. "We'd have to start from the beginning, though you have the chakra reserves to utilize stronger genjutsu, a foundation is always important." He moved over to the edge of the bed and began to put shoes on.

Sanyu shrugged when Tatsuo explained how he got his name. "Shouldn't lie to village officials, but I understand if you wanted to stalk me." He stood and turned to Tatsuo, a grin on his face and his hand outstretched to help Tatsuo up. "Of course, I'm kidding, but we should go, can't very well do any sort of training in this small room." Sanyu wasn't quite familiar with Tea country, so where the training would begin was somewhat up in the air.​

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tastuo was more comfortable with the lax position Sanyu had now took, all the formalities made him uncomfortable. He'd rather just talk to him like a friend. He rolled his eyes and grinned a bit when he joked about continuing calling him sir. "We're good, i'd rather just be friends. I'm sure you're just as qualified as me. I just was stupid enough to ask for a Jonin exam." He said rubbing the back of his neck and laughing a little bit before letting stretching a bit. Ready to start training but he had to wait for Sanyu to finish eating.

"Maybe, Umashi definitely is powerful but even staying as long as you did with him is an accomplishment in its own. I wouldn't sell yourself so short, ya' know?" Tatsuo hadn't seen the fight himself but word around the village was Sanyu was actually giving Umashi a run for his money. Genjutsu truly was a scary thing and that was why Tatsuo had to learn a thing or two about it. When asked about his knowledge about Genjutsu he nodded once and shrugged his shoulders. "I never thought it useful, I don't know a single Genjutsu technique. I've got great chakra control and more than enough chakra to keep fighting for a long time." Whatever ran through his blood, the access to natural energy and increased stamina he never had chakra issues. Attacks that would make other men question their longevity in battle Tatsuo would shoot off without hesitation.

Only in his earliest days did he ever remember running low on chakra at all. "Yeah you're probably right." he said laughing at Sanyu's laugh. "Won't happen again, I promise. but yeah you're right. Probably don't want to cause a ruckus here. I've been training out in the countryside, plenty of open fields great for training. Occasionally you even run into some young shinobi practicing." After offering an out, Tatsuo made his way to the door with Sanyu in tow.

"Sound good? Or do you have something else in mind?"

Sanyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
FaintUnitedCopepod-size_restricted.gif
Sanyu gave Tatsuo a goofy grin. "Yeah, I'd like to be friends too." Sanyu began getting his equipment, while it didn't seem completely necessary as the events in tea seemed to be peaceful, you never know what type of roguish characters decide to come out during this time. "I've thought about going for a promotion, but it just seems like more work, I like just being a lowly paid teacher." The pay was okay, it could be better but it was enough to survive on, as well as take small vacations like coming to tea was. He also wasn't sure what the exam would be, he didn't really like missions, maybe he could fight one of the sennin. Maybe the Hokage will waive the exam all together based on how he did in their fight, but that was only wishful thinking.

"Still, I'm kinda sad we ended it the way we did, really felt like proving myself, maybe then the kids will respect me more." He sighed as he finished obtaining all his gear. He leaned against the wall as Tatsuo explained his chakra supply. "Well, weaving a couple of genjutsu inbetween attacks will definitely save your ass in a fight, and if you're not worried about chakra, there are several ways to increase the effects but it is a drain on your chakra." Sanyu has placed a lot more on his chakra reserves than his physical vitality, though with his muscles it definitely doesn't appear that way.

Tatsuo gave Sanyu a good destination for their training montage, though again Sanyu wasn't quite sure which way to go. "Ok, well..." He did a dramatic bow, how arms and hands gesturing toward the door. "Would you like to lead the way, sir?" If Tatsuo took the invitation, Sanyu would follow closely behind them. Instead of wasting the entire trip in silence, Sanyu decided it would be good to remove all confusion about Genjutsu. "Ok, so, I'm sure you know at least some basics about genjutsu from the academy, but for the sake of clarity Genjutsu is vastly different than Ninjutsu. Genjutsu doesn't make anything physical, and as far as I know, theres no way to make that happen, instead Genjutsu tricks the mind. This can cause several effects, though it doesn't create anything physical, tricking the mind will make it feel like something is actually happening. Not only that, conducting genjutsu can cause a slight headache. Some Genjutsu do nothing but enhance that headache, but I don't use those that often. There are four senses for genjutsu, Visual, Audial, Kinetic, and Will. Each of them do very different things." He took a few minutes before speaking again, allowing Tatsuo to interrupt with any questions he may have.

"For example, in my fight against Umashi I utilized mostly Visual, Audial, and Kinetic genjutsu. Visually, I made clones, I'm not the fastest so dodging isn't my strong suit so I made clones constantly to confuse him. I used Kinetic to increase the pain he recieved generally, and I used Audial to increase the damage that he took from my ninjutsu and mess with his reaction time for said genjutsu. If you're not too strong in either ninjutsu or taijutsu, genjutsu can be a good crutch to utilize. Audial is good against people who mostly use Ninjutsu, as well as good for you if you mostly use it. Visual is also really good against Taijutsu users and for yourself if you mostly use Taijutsu." Sanyu took a deep breath, realizing he had been talking with very few breaths in-between his sentences.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I'm sure you did fine, Umashi-sama is a clever guy. He's not someone i'd like to stay a while in a fight with. Never know when the tables will turn." he said rubbing the back of his neck thinking about the Hokage. He really was an exceptional shinobi an example of how powerful a shinobi could be. Even if Tatsuo didn't know him that well, the stories he was told and the things he heard, he knew even the people in Kumogakure respected the battle prowess of their Hokage. When the topic moved back to Genjutsu, Tatsuo nodded and shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah in my Jonin exam he did something that made me think my legs were broken. Beforehand I'd never really been effected by a Genjutsu so I underestimated it, really. But I learned my lesson." he smiled and laughed thinking back to the terrible situation with the only way he knew how a cheerful expression and a light laugh.

When Sanyu brought up the basics of Genjutsu Tatsuo shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. "My academy days were pretty short, all I managed to learn was Cancel. I'm not exactly a great student so I spent most of my time cutting class and hanging out with my friends." His face turned red a bit but he was eager to listen. He was quiet most of the time while Sanyu spoke about the ins and outs of Genjutsu and what he did to the Hokage to make him more susceptible to his harder hitting techniques his interest was piqued. He didn't realize all of the things you could do to support yourself with Genjutsu. He tried to keep up to the best of his abilities and while none of it was very confusing, at least how Sanyu explained it, it was all foreign to him. The last time he had even talked about Genjutsu with anyone was with Yuii and that felt like ages ago.

There was just so much to know, Ninjutsu came to him naturally and Taijutsu was just punching people but Genjutsu had all these senses, some brain stuff. He already had a headache thinking about it, but he was too far in now to give up. "So how do you learn it? My chakra control is fine and i've got enough to practice until the sun goes down. I just don't know where to start." While it was true Tatsuo knew what his fighting style was like already, it was obvious he was eager to learn. He needed to become stronger and the only way for him to truly bridge that gap is to take out one of the thorns in his side.

Sanyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sanyu allowed Ark to lead the way as he listened to Sanyu's rambling. He had gotten a few weird looks from other people as they passed, but they went back to their businesses, some not quite understand what they were speaking about but noticed the headbands and realized they wouldn't understand anyway. When Tatsuo mentioned his academy days Sanyu felt a certain kinship. "Oh my academy days were terrible, mostly my fault. I failed to become a genin several times because I was focusing only on Taijutsu and just wanted nothing but muscle. Plus I was a bit of an asshole." He let out a roaring laugh.

Once they got to their spot he gestured for Tatsuo to stand on one side of the field while he made his way about ten feet away. "Ok... how to perform Genjutsu...." It took him a while to think of a way to explain it, he hasn't thought about performing genjutsu it just kind of happens, kind of like Tatsuo and ninjutsu. "Well, its kind of the same as ninjutsu, you think about what you want to cast, using hand seals as a sort of focus for those thoughts, and then you materialize it, like so." Sanyu did a single hand seal, pointed his finger at Tatsuo before producing a small Water Gun, attempting to hit Tatsuo in the face, all while having a shit eating grin on his face.

"Like so, Genjutsu is essentiatlly the same thing, except you don't physically materalize what you want. Since you have the chakra for it unlike most of my students, I'll start you off with something somewhat difficult. A commonly used genjutsu, called Phoenix Embrace, is invaluable. I utilize this in almost all my fights, I won't cast it on you yet, but let me explain what it does. Its a pretty high level Kinetic genjutsu, what you should visualize is your opponent on fire, their body temperature rising to unbearable levels, but also visualize them completely calm. Then, visualize you touching them, in any way you desire I don't judge, but once you touch them the fire attacks that spot and amplifies the pain. Now, here's the hand seals." Sanyu demonstrated several hand seals, going through each slowly totaling in about 14 seals. It seemed like a lot but it was a high level genjutsu, not the highest, but not something you teach the students without first knowing they won't kill themselves by depleting their Chakra. After he finished the first time he held up a single finger for Tatsuo to wait before speaking, and then demonstrated once more, just to give him a chance to memorize. "Ok, now, go ahead and try it on me." Sanyu crossed his arm and took a relaxed yet militaristic stance.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo grinned at the thought of the one he knew as a Genjutsu specialist to be devoting his life to Taijutsu but as people grow older they tend to change. It was nice after all to have someone who had similar experiences to him when it came to the academy, school sucked and Tatsuo was never a fan of it. "Oh well, you seem nice now." he said before moving to the spot that Sanyu told him to. He listened intently as he was asked how to perform a Genjutsu, all of this was difficult for him after all. He had never used a Genjutsu in his whole time being a shinobi and old habits die hard.

"Think about what you want.. like ninjutsu..?" he sort of said to himself, but audibly for Sanyu to hear. Tatsuo was compltely focused as Sanyu had been explaining him so the water-gun was unexpected and as he got splashed in the face he shook his head and had a bellowing laugh. "Oh c'mon, now i'm wet!" obviously he didn't care as he was quick to go back to the lesson at hand. After seeing the things you could do with Genjutsu, Tatsuo knew he would need to utilize it in his arsenal of shinobi abilities.

Everything seemed like it was going alright until Sanyu really got into the bulk of things. High level? Kinesis jutsu? Something about someone being itchy? Or was it on fire? Tatsuo visibly looked confused as his brows furrowed and his bottom lip popped up. He tried to look like he knew what was he was doing with a simple nod here and there but to anyone with two eyes, or maybe even one, could notice that he understood absolutely nothing that Sanyu was saying. However Sanyu was quick to get into the actually, doing part, which Tatsuo had always been good at. Mimicking the handseals to the best of his ability he tried to visualize Sanyu.. was it on fire? No I think it was being itchy or something. So that's probably what would happen, unless that's not how Gen worked. Tatsuo had no idea.

Sanyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
tumblr_owah7kGu5u1vep5cho3_500.gif
As Sanyu continued to explain Genjutsu he watched at Tatsuo's face slowly fall into absolute confusion. He finished his statement but watched Tatsuo for a moment, chuckling as he realized that maybe Tatsuo isn't much of a listening learner. He could recognize what people needed, some people can just hear the explanation and understand, some people can just read a book and understand, and some needed hands on lessons. Clearly Tatsuo was part of the latter. "Like I said, just imagine me as hot as possible." He held his arms out and left himself open to Tatsuo's genjutsu, if he was able to do it.

Sanyu watched Tatsuo go through the handseals somewhat clumsily, the first time doing the combination is always tricky. When Tatsuo finished, Sanyu waited, his arms still held out waiting for the jutsu to take hold, and then... nothing. He raised an eyebrow before waiting a few more moments, maybe it needed times to fully activate. He did feel a little hot, but that was probably from the walk over here. Nope, the genjutsu didn't take hold. "Ok... here, lets try again." He walked over to ark and grabbed his hand. "Maybe a more physical approach is necessary. See how cold my hands are?" He wasn't completely sure if they were actually cold but he imagined they were. "Just imagine my body heat rising to unbearable levels, let me go over the handseals once more." He took a step away from Tatsuo, showing the hand seals once more, slowly. "Try the handseals a couple time to get then down, then try the genjutsu." He stayed in place in front of Tatsuo, waiting for him to attempt the genjutsu again.

Dr. Daddy Werewolf - Today at 5:05 PM
Tatsuo successfully casts Genjutsu on Sanyu, 1 = yeah 2 = no
t!dice 1d2
TatsumakiBOT - Today at 5:05 PM
:game_die: Rolling Dice!
[d2 : 2]
In the end, the result was: 2
Dr. Daddy Werewolf - Today at 5:05 PM
damn Tatsuo you suck

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo nodded along, practicing the Genjutsu's hand seals quite a few times. Over and over he worked through the motions until about ten minutes later he felt completely confident in doing them, at least in practice. With the hand seals down packed he really only had to figure out the chakra control with the jutsu. Considering all of his jutsu had been physically manifested up till this point it was a bit different but Sanyu told him to just imagine and have it happen. So that's what he did. He imagined Sanyu's skin begin to get hot, as if he was in a sauna. Whether it'd work or not was yet to be seen but he felt the chakra flow through him, much like he would during a regular jutsu but there was some mishaps. It was hard for him to focus on such a jutsu for long and whilst Sanyu may have felt a flash of heat it would be fading almost as soon as it hit him.

Rubbing the back of his neck, he shook his head and thought back. "You know, I don't really use my chakra all that often. I know that sound strange but mines a bit different than most.." Bringing his hand from his neck and then to his chin he began to think of a way to explain it. "Do you know what Natural Energy is? Or should I explain that first?" It wasn't a common thing and it took him a long time to identify what it was exactly, but his secondary pool of chakra which felt more his than his own at times was what Tatsuo mostly used to perform jutsu. Perhaps finding a way to utilize that pool for Genjutsu would be his saving grace in all this.

Focusing on the natural energy around him, Tatsuo began to tap into power that not everyone had control of, less of those who had control to the same level he did. The natural energy began to flow within him and in a burst of inspiration he quickly formed the same hand seals, but instead used his manipulation of natural energy to use the jutsu. With Sanyu not protecting himself he would feel the jutsu hit him with ease, sending his body burning!

Sanyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sanyu stood and watched as Tatsuo practiced the handseals, though after the first minute or so he got distracted and began bird watching. He started to wander around the area for the ten minutes that Ark was practicing, just sitting there waiting would have gotten awkward. When Tatsuo seemed to stop practicing Sanyu came back over, standing on the other side once again. "Ok, lay it on me." He waited for the handseals to be completed to try and feel the effects of the genjutsu. Due to his training with his parents he was immune to the effects of some genjutsu sometimes, and he could tell that this was one of those times. He couldn't quite will it to take hold, but it was there and he felt the start of it before it slowly went away.

"There, you did it... well kind of. It would have worked on anyone else." He realized it either sounded like he was gloating or being condescending. The mention of Nautral energy did strike a bell and he snapped his fingers in realization. "Yeah, Umashi was telling me about that. He offered to give me some or something but I decided to find my own way of obtaining it." At the time it seemed like a great idea but realized he didn't want to borrow power from the Hokage, it'd make him look bad. Tatsuo began to once again attempt the genjutsu on him, but Sanyu noticed it was somewhat different. He wasn't a hyuuga, he couldn't really see chakra being used, but it was obvious it wasn't natural. Or was it more natural? Sanyu began to feel the genjutsu take hold of him once again, this time he knew it was there before his natural defenses kicked in, protecting him from the full force of it.

"Now you got it!" Sanyu lifted his fist to Tatsuo, offering a fist bump in congratulations. He began to back up, his seemingly happy go lucky smile fading to a more serious tone. "Now, lets put it to pratical use." He took an offensive stance and put his hands into his pouches, preemptively taking hold of several ninja tools. "Since you're a jounin I expect you to be quite adept at combat, don't hold back!"
[Calling Bmod]​

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
xmKRqZy.gif

I will be your moderator for this fight. Please send me the following and take note of the other items on the list as well:​

• Copy of your stats, abilities, BL/CA, and jutsus. Please link it all.
  • You can only use the stats, abilities, BL/CA, and jutsus listed in your battle profile. That said, there will be 2 PMs (the Battle Profile and the actions)
  • When making your actions up, remember to list as much information as you can. not only does this improve the speed of your mod but also its accuracy.
  • List your maintains with your actions if you are maintaining a jutsu.
  • Conditionals are tricky, refer to the UBR for more information.
  • Link the attacks you are using, failing to do this may result in your actions not being moderated by your mod.
  • This battle follows the Rules of Engagement.
  • I'll try to post within 3 days after both parties have sent actions. That said, you have a maximum of 5 days per battle round to send your actions, otherwise, you will be put into Defensive Stance
  • If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at any time via PM or Discord.
  • Good luck and have fun! ^_^

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ROUND 1

NI8E7Dz.jpg

Sanyu
HP: 34, 245 / 36,000
CP: 40,647 / 42,000
Enchanter Style, Equipped (Ninja Tools v2), Bound, Wired
AP: 10 - 9 = 11 (next round)
VS

er77MxD.jpg

Tatsuo
HP: 42,000 - 3,187 = 38,813 / 38,813
CP: 25,096 / 33,600
NE: 23,520 - 4,600 - 1,721 = 17,199
Sage Mode, Equipped (Wood Reinforced Skeleton), Hidden Action 1, Hidden Action 2, Hidden Action 3, Hidden Action 4
AP: 10 - 8.5 = 11 (next round)

Kt4YwiQ.jpg

Koto
HP: 31,050 / 31,050
CP: 30,475 / 31,050
AP: 5 - 2.75 = 6 (next round)​

~0.00 sec~
Sanyu Enters Enchanter Style
Sanyu Draws Ninja Tools v2
Sanyu does a Hidden Action targeting Tatsuo:
Hit!
- 290 illusory damage
- There are 3 Sanyus on the field
Tatsuo Healing Factor takes effect

~1.00 sec~
Tatsuo enters Sage Mode
Tatsuo draws Wood Reinforced Skeleton
Tatsuo enters Defensive Stance

~2.50 sec~
Sanyu does a Hidden Action targeting Tatsuo: Hit!
- 412 illusory damage

~4.50 sec~
Tatsuo summons Koto

~5.50 sec~
- 1,960 illusory damage
Tatsuo uses Transformation Jutsu (M): Fail
Koto draws Ruyi Jingu Bang

~6.50 sec~
Koto attempts to Wire Sanyu: Success!
- Sanyu is entangled

~8.00 sec~
- 525 illusory damage

~9.00 sec~
Koto uses Grapple (M) targeting Sanyu: Fail

~9.50 sec~
Tatsuo uses Everlasting Stain (M) targeting Sanyu: Hit!
- 2,475 Holy damage
- Sanyu is Bound!
- Suppression Failed

~10.00 sec~
Tatsuo cast Free Cancel but fails to notice
Tatsuo uses Special Action Quick Healer: not applicable

Koto heals for 4,600 (MAXED)
Tatsuo sees 3 Sanyus in the field once more
Sanyu heals 2% maxHP
Sanyu gains 2% maxCP

Notes:
- if there’s something wrong, please contact me. T_T
EDIT
#1 - corrected Tatsuo's CP and NE total
#2 - corrected Koto's AP next round

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ROUND 2

NI8E7Dz.jpg

Sanyu
HP: 6,804 / 36,000
CP: 35,249 / 42,000
Status: Enchanter Style, Equipped (Ninja Tools v2), Wired, Bleeding Rank 1, Suppressed
AP: 11 - 10.25 = 10 (next round)

</B>VS<i></i>

er77MxD.jpg

Tatsuo
HP: 29,466 / 31,904
CP: 25,096 / 33,600
NE: 17,199 - 3,162 = 14,037
Sage Mode, Equipped (Wood Reinforced Skeleton), Phoenix Embrace Genjutsu, Prolong Genjutsu, Hidden Action 6, Hidden Action 7, Hidden Action 8
AP: 11 - 6.5 = 10 (next round)

Kt4YwiQ.jpg

Koto
HP: 31,050 / 31,050
CP: 28,415 / 31,050
Equipped (Ruyi Jingu Bang), Hidden Action 8
AP: 6 - 5.5 = 5 (next round)​

<B>~0.00 sec~
Sanyu maintains stuff
Tatsuo suffers 1,050 illusory Damage
Tatsuo is aware of Phoenix Embrace Genjutsu on him
Tatsuo is aware of Prolong Genjutsu on him
Tatsuo cast Free Cancel with Will Power on himself… Failed

~2.73 sec~
Sanyu does a Hidden Action: Hit!
- Bind on Sanyu is dropped
- Tatsuo is bound and cannot move or use Chakra
- 462 illusory damage to Tatsuo

~2.93 sec~
Koto uses Fist of Sin: Pride (M) targeting Sanyu: Miss!
- Weapon Mastery: Unarmed Combo
Koto uses Fist of Virtue: Diligence (M) targeting Sanyu: Hit!
- 6,188 damage to Sanyu
- Suppression success
- Rerolling Fist of Sin: Pride (M) targeting Sanyu: Hit!
- 4,950 damage to Sanyu

~3.18 sec~
Sanyu uses Shattered Reality on Hidden Action 5 target Tatsuo: Hit!
- 4,200 illusory damage
- Tatsuo is no longer bound

~4.09 sec~
- 147 illusory damage to Tatsuo
- 210 illusory damage to Tatsuo

~6.91 sec~
Tatsuo uses Water Dragon Bullet (M) targeting Sanyu: Hit!
- 6,600 damage to Sanyu
- Cascade Chance Success
- Suppression Hits from Cascade
- Tatsuo heals for 660
Tatsuo uses Grand Hydra Excavation (M)
- Tatsuo was able to find his target. Targeting Sanyu: Hit! Hit! Hit!
- Pierce effect: 1 succeeds
- Sanyu has Bleeding Rank 3
- 7,228 total damage to Sanyu
- Suppression Failed
- Tatsuo heals for 722

~6.82 sec~
Sanyu does a Hidden Action: Hit! Hit!
- 840 illusory damage to Tatsuo and Koto

~8.23 sec~
Tatsuo enters Earth Style: Aftershock

~9.32 sec~
Sanyu uses Heavenly Rain Drive (M) targeting Tatsuo and Koto:
- Tatsuo: Hit! Hit! Partial Hit! 4,021 Damage
- Koto: Hit! Hit! Miss! 2,474 Damage

~10.00 sec~
Tatsuo uses Special Action Quick Healing on himself.
- Tatsuo regains 201HP
Koto heals for 4,600HP (MAXED)
Sanyu heals 2% max HP
Sanyu gains 2% max CP

Note:
  • I wrote it as Hidden Action 6, 7, 8 but it doesn’t mean there are 8 active. I just decided to allocate each succeeding hidden actions numbers in order for me and the record to not lose track of them, so if previous Hidden Actions have passed, I won’t reuse their numbers in order to avoid confusion.
  • Also just to clarify since i forgot to list in round 1, Koto has equipped his weapon in round 1
  • If there are any mistakes, please contact me T_T

EDIT
#1 - Fixed timing of GHE due to cascade effect. Prolong doesn't end. CP of Koto. HP of Tatsuo and Sanyu.
#2 - Fixed the HP of Sanyu as I forgot to include the damage of Everlasting Stain which was maintained. But since it was maintained and broken at the same time, it will still deal damage.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo hadn't expected for Sanyu to rush into a sparring session so quickly, while he was no stranger to a friendly fight he hadn't fought in a while. At least not since he had met Koto, there were still things he was learning from Saru Ken. In the past Tatsuo was a much more defensive fighter, using the strength of Wood to protect himself and while that still showed in his fighting style, the training alongside Koto resulted in a new style of fighting which led to Tatsuo being on the offensive much more. For the most part, he forgot even what they were training about, he was just so excited to fight.

A huge smile appeared on his face, as he took a deep breath and stood still for just a moment. Odd to do in a fight but it wasn't without reason, from all the time Tatsuo had practiced absorbing Natural Energy he had gotten to the point where he could do it in the blink of an eye even amidst the heat of combat. The Natural Energy flooded towards him, he gathered support from the very living things around him. From blades of grass to the animals living among the trees all offered their support to the Jonin. Not everyone had access to these abilities, especially without the training of a contract but Tatsuo had had it as long as he can remember being a shinobi, the birth of these powers were the pillar of his ability as a shinobi. He owed his Natural Energy everything.

However his collection of energy was different this time. There were things even Tatsuo could learn from a contract animal and this was one of them, while before it was a purer energy that lacked any sort of alignment. With his newfound allegiance to the Monkey's of Hiroo Onoda there was a physical change. A long brown tail grew from Tatsuo's backside which then wrapped around his somewhat as a belt. His hair grew a bit, more wild and feral. Without a perfect mastery over this type of Natural Energy resulted in such a physical change one he would seek to master, but for now, it worked.

Entering a stance, his legs separated and his shoulders in line with hips it would seem Tatsuo was ready for anything. This was further solidified by the fact that shards of wood began to appear on his skin almost as if he was converting to bark himself. While not as strong as true armor, it did result in a lessening of physical blows, his stance favored defense over accuracy but not terribly so. Immediately Tatsuo was aware of the fact that he was seeing clones, a staple of shinobis but annoying nonetheless he didn't want to waste time attacking fake Sanyu's even if he had the stamina to fight for ages.

Sanyu had kept up with Umashi a shinobi Tatsuo had the utmost respect for not only for his abilities as Hokage but as his ability in combat. This was an opponent Tatsuo would have to push himself against and because of that there was something he needed here. Bringing his hands together in a flurry of seals he then bit his thumb, a bit of crimson appearing on the tip. Brushing that thumb against his palm leaving a streak of blood on his hands he slammed it down to the ground beneath him which resulted in the summoning of his ally, Koto. As the cloud of inter-dimensional smoke dissipated, left in it's place was a small white monkey no larger than Tatsuo's head. A backpack and a bandanna were visible on the monkey but the monkey spent no time trying to evaluate the situation there would be only one reason Tatsuo would summon him in Sage Mode. There was a fight to be had.

While Tatsuo brought his hands together for a simple transformation jutsu, one that Sanyu quickly saw through, Koto reached into his backpack and withdrew his weapon. A short stick which then grew into a longer staff. Koto looked to Tatsuo for just a moment and asked, "Real fight or fun fight?" He tilted his head at Tatsuo before bringing his attention back onto Sanyu.

Responding to the little guy Tatsuo said, "Just for fun, so don't aim for blood." Koto responded with a nod of his own and banged his chest a little bit before declaring, "Me am Koto! Warrior monkey!" Probably too small to be intimidating, but he was doing his best. Tatsuo smirked as the monkey dashed forward towards Sanyu at inhuman speeds. From his staff appeared wires which wrapped around the Genjutsu specialist, lowering his already disadvantaged mobility. Tatsuo could feel his body begin to be assaulted by the Genjutsu, what was happening he couldn't be exactly sure but he could feel things changing. His body grew hot as if he was on fire, he must've used the Jutsu he had just shown on him. Unfortunate that Sanyu's illusions were too powerful to be merely cancelled with just a hunch.

He'd have to make this quick. Koto followed up with his wire attack in an attempt to pin Sanyu down, missing by just the hair on his hands. However Tatsuo used this opening to strike at him with his own bind, a small tree grew at Tatsuo's feet and from it a thick sappy substance emerged and went straight towards Sanyu binding him in place. Luckily this one hit it's mark and the special part of this bind is it not only effected one's ability to move while under it, the substance didn't come off easy so it'd prevent Sanyu from performing further actions while under it's effects.

That would be too easy though, wouldn't it? Before he knew it, Tatsuo was met with some sort of aberration one that prevented the boy from moving. He could feel fear in his heart and the bind he was maintaining dropped. Luckily it wasn't long until he was free from that particular Genjutsu's effects but Koto didn't hesitate to jump into things. A three hit combo, the first missing but the two follow ups were powerful hits that would definitely make Sanyu understand the power of the monkey. While he wasn't exactly at the strength of Tatsuo or Sanyu, he definitely held his own weight in battle. "TAKE THIS, AM KOTO!"

There was no question that Tatsuo's ability in battle centered around Ninjutsu, something that Sanyu would soon find out as he performed hand seals he could feel his timing off but nonetheless he was lucky with timing. From the earth sprouted a large wooden bear which charged towards Sanyu, striking straight into the illusionist. Though in the same moment he was also struck by three wooden tendrils, each hitting their mark. Despite the success he found in that maneuver he still felt like he was forgetting something, shaking his head he prepared himself for more strikes of the same type. Truly a master of Wood Style.

Sanyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
4d28770d0693ef019a8347077df418e5eda21299_hq.gif

Sanyu could tell that Tatsuo wasn't completely prepared for the fight, and it wasn't his intention to get a cheap shot in but in this world fights aren't always expected. Sanyu wasn't certain of the outcome of this battle, sure Tatsuo seemed to be a few years younger than him, but he was also an entire rank above him and that must have meant something. Of course he knew Tatsuo specialized in ninjutsu, and outright damage was probably Sanyu's biggest weakness, but the point of this is to demonstrate the strength of Genjutsu to Tatsuo, even if he loses.

Once the battle officially began Sanyu went with his old favorite, immediate clones. Basic clones, but most of the time it was enough to confuse the opponent long enough for him to ensure he can give himself some safety. Unfortunately it didn't last for very long. While Sanyu prepared his next course of action he watched Tatsuo stand still for a moment. Sanyu didn't completely understand the workings of Natural Energy, he received a small introduction from Umashi but that was it. It seemed, to Sanyu at least, to just be a secondary pool of Chakra to pull from. Sanyu could understand that trying to go through Tatsuo's chakra would be meaningless at this point.

Sanyu went ahead and used the genjutsu to make Tatsuo's body feel like it was on fire, of course, it was the topic of their lesson, its best to demonstrate how it works in actual combat. Shortly after doing so Tatsuo summoned the most adorable little monkey. Sanyu didn't want to attack the little guy. "Yanno Tatsuo, if I thought this was going to be a two against one I would have called in backup!" He was slightly serious, he wasn't sure what the monkey was capable of but he wasn't stupid enough to assume it was just there to be cute. Sanyu continued his onslaught of genjutsu, preparing himself for the future, when Tatsuo attempted to confuse him by transforming into the monkey. "Yanno... I'm not sure which is more adorable, you normally or as the monkey."

Sanyu could feel every attack hit it smark, but unfortunately either Tatsuo could see through the clones or had a lucky guess as these vines began to wrap around Sanyu's body. He had no access to his hands to make handseals so he panicked for a moment, but then he took a moment to chill and go through his repertoire of genjutsu. He gave a very long stare into Tatsuo's eyes, his eye color changing rapidly though at the distance Tatsuo might not have noticed, but he would notice his body locking up, and anything he was maintaining drop, including the bind Sanyu was under. Not one to like binds Sanyu immediately snapped his finger, shattering the bind on Tatsuo and giving him the worst possible headache for a second.

He made the mistake of not binding the monkey as well, as it threw out two powerful punches into Sanyu's side. While it hurt, it wasn't as bad as what came next. After two quick successful genjutsu Tatsuo threw out a combo of Ninjutsu that, while Sanyu was expecting it, he wasn't fast enough to dodge it. Underneath all the rubble Tatsuo would be able to slightly hear a yelling Sanyu. "The point of this was to practice Genjutsu, not show me more wood!" As Sanyu found his way out he could definitely feel a few broken bones and his shoulder was definitely dislocated. He could tell he wouldn't survive another one of those.​

"Not giving up though."
[Actions Sent]​

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
</B>ROUND 3<i></i>​

NI8E7Dz.jpg

Sanyu
HP: -1,184 / 36,000
CP: 32,864 / 42,000

</B>vs<i></i>

er77MxD.jpg

<B>Tatsuo
HP: 24,916 / 27,354
CP: 25,096 / 42,000
NE: 13,382

Kt4YwiQ.jpg

Koto
HP: 30,210 / 30,210
CP: 26,705 / 31,050

<B>~0.00 sec~
Tatsuo attempts to use Will Power but something goes wrong and it doesn’t happen.
Sanyu Shatters Prolong and inflicts pain to Tatsuo
Tatsuo’s After quake triggers to attempt maintain Grand Hydra Excavation targeting Sanyu… Fails
Sanyu does a Hidden Action… Success!

-> Sanyu is now nowhere to be found
Tatsuo attempts to enter Stealth…
-> Sanyu is unaware of Tatsuo’s location
-> Koto is aware of Tatsuo’s location

~2.00 sec~
Tatsuo uses Enlightened Suppression (M) targeting Sanyu… Hit!
->Sanyu is now Chakra Bound!!
->Sanyu is can now be found

~2.63 sec~
Sanyu attempts to Escape… Fails

~3.50 sec~
Koto uses 16-Hit Combo (M) targeting Sanyu… All Hits!
-> Sanyu takes 1,440 damage
-> Suppression Fails
Koto combos into Fist of Virtue: Diligence (M) targeting Sanyu… Hit!
-> Sanyu takes 6,188 damage
-> Sanyu is KO’d
-> All of Sanyu’s maintains are dropped

~Battle Ends~

Note:
- If you have questions, please DM me. ^_^

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back