Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[SSMM] What it takes to craft.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A glance was given from Izumi towards his weapon, his trustworthy ranged weapon which seemed to have aged up quite a bit through the years. He knew that this bow had seen better days before and he knew for almost 100% sure that he could see through the repairs how battered this bow was looking.
A soft chuckle left the young white-haired male as he went over the repairs with the tops of his fingers. He knew that this would soon be an end. Something that came closer as he looked towards the bow, the gears also had spots of rust coming on to them... And he knew he had to learn himself so much more regarding taking care of a bow, the arrows and what not. He needed time to actually learn those things and with this, he started to walk around in the village itself. But as he searched his work did continue, using a default bow instead of his own his shorts were still fine. But the feeling he had with that bow wasn't one he was going to agree on forever. Which was why he wanted to train with his own unique bow, but that bow didn't agree to that so much... As he was bringing back the tension on to the bow the bow itself made a weeping sound as it had tension... When he lifted to bow to check a crack sounded and there was a backlash happening as it broke under the tension. Covering one arm his face the other held the bow still. His reaction was to hold on... Which sadly was followed by a tiny pain sound which was soon silent and a boy crouched to the floor, the bow now laying on the floor. His arm had a red string showing that had blood seeping out. What was smarter than not wear the bracers that were specially made for bow shooting? Minutes passed as he was going over the place with bandages, cotton, and water. He wasn't good at healing himself like a pro would.... So instead he disinfected the spot and started to wrap it up as best as he could with a single hand. Once taking care of that was done he looked towards its old bow. The one laying down now in two pieces. A sigh got to him as he slowly sat down, legs crossed. He... really needed to hurry up with finding a place to get a new bow.
Once more he started to search around the village as it was now the only way to get something as Izumi didn't have a single clue how to make a bow himself. As he was searching the minutes turned into hours, hours into days and days into a week before he finally had found a location that was actually right for the craftsmanship. He had gotten this name from a person within the household he was staying at. Yet once he was there... He looked towards the old man, a back bolded as he leaned forwards. Grey long hairs and a beard, something told him... This was a right place, also because the rumor was that people that were here that they only had to come once and never more. Even years after they hadn't returned for a new bow... And since that was heard Izumi took up on this opportunity to look what was this all.
"Good day mister." Izumi greeted the old man who was looking towards Izumi, judging him and seeing already the old wound on his lower arm. "Let me take a guess boy, that wound is from a string of a bow?" The eyes of the young boy started to grow wide. 'How did he knew that?!' Were the words running through his mind as he started to look a bit more skeptical. "Maybe.." He said a bit... cautious. This man already knew the origin of the wound. "You want a new bow, either because it broke or it is unfit for you." Spoke the elder in front of Izumi. Their height not being that much of a difference. Slowly he started to talk more back. "That is true... My old bow broke in my hands when I placed the tension back on it. After serving me for such a long while I was surprised it hadn't before." Izumi spoke and smiled softly in return. The man started to nod and walk around a bit. "Alright..." He mumbled a word here and there and started to place a hand under his chin. Having the old person walk and mumbling to himself Izumi figured it would be a good decision to follow him around.
Once he started to follow the older man he looked around the place, there wasn't even much displayed as he let his eyes glance over it. "Pfuwah..." He let some air go from under his breath and almost bumped up against the older male. He simply snorted and started to point towards an old sturdy stool. "Sit on it." He mentioned and Izumi did as was being told, sitting down he knew there wasn't much to go against that. "So uhm I was wondering I--" And further he didn't get as he slowly looked to the side. The man already had gotten a gaze towards him as if he needed to be silent. Slowly Izumi swallowed a little and found it a little awkward as for what it was.

A moment of silence went by as the man started to the boy. "Alright, I will teach you." Were the words slowly falling out of the old man's mouth. A confused gaze got on the young boys face as he looked back to him yet before he could ask a single question the man already started to talk further. "Let me first introduce myself, I am Halt, I used to be an amazing archer but faith took it turns and since then I teach the youngsters a thing or two regarding their bows and their arrows." He said as he made a hitting gesture towards his back, showing off why he wasn't able to do such a thing anymore. Slowly the young man started to nod and nod once more. He slowly turned his head and stretched out a bit by bit as he wasn't used to this kind of stools. A mug of dark liquid was offered and within a few sniffs, he knew what kind of liquid it was... Coffee. With a polite nod, he agreed on having a mug. The man explained that they would do a whole lot of talking right now before getting towards the work part. So that Izumi knew what to do a little... yet he had explained to him that it wouldn't be perfectly done in an instant.

As they started to go through each step the man showed them all. How you needed to use the feathers for an arrow... How you had to make them clean, sharpen the shaft of the feather and eventually glue them on. All these steps looked so simple, even winding the small wire around to make sure the feathers and the arrowhead stayed in its place... But now it was Izumi's turn. And it would soon show that it wasn't easy. The feathers weren't cleaned at the right density with water and they started to clog together, not to forget the feathers lost its practical use. It took him already a solid 30 mins before he had a single set of 1 arrow done... The man had enjoyed looking into this and asked Izumi what he had been doing wrong. "I applied too much water, pressure... Or something on the feather... Which caused it to drench it and make it unusable. " The man would nod and let him process further. Slowly Izumi started to make the small cuts into the tiny shaft of the arrow for the feathers to be placed in, then a dot of glue... Gentle message the shaft of the feather into the gap and a little glue on top... The next... and next... and as for last the wire... but then the judgment of the man itself which was a harsh one. "One arrow... for... an hour and a half... That is kids work... Not to forget this arrow wouldn't even make a lethal target without a head... A sharpened head that is." And With that gave the arrow back... Instead of getting discouraged he started to come here each day making arrows bring his own materials until he finally made roughly 30 arrows in an hour. Because Izumi finally would have found out how to do them quicker if you kept having a certain phase into it. Make sure you have everything laying ready before making it... Then you made them that quick. Once his arrow bunch was approved they started to go towards bows... and man did Izumi regret having that decision. One time the boy made a nasty snap back while he was bending it and he was out for at least an hour laying on his side with ice against his lower hips. The man had a laugh of a lifetime to have a youngster like Izumi learning all this. But to every good moment for him came to an end. Izumi was getting quick the hang out of things. How to slowly bend a bow, how to fasten it correctly and not to forget how to apply tension onto the bow in a correct way. Izumi was slowly working on a bow without telling the old man it was for him. Eventually, he started to engrave parts also which made it even cooler as it would be really a unique kind of bow. Even though the old man wouldn't be able to use it, he would have something hanging from the boy.

"Who are you..?" Were asked finally by the man, who had now the idea that his name would matter. "Izumi Uchiha Delia.." He started to say with a proud smile. "Uchiha?" He asked yet was looking at the eyes. "I am an adopted son of Uchiha Takeshi and Haku Yuki." He smiled even brighter as he talked regarding his parents. The man held a surprise set of eyes and Izumi started to check out the bow once more. Making his name in an engraving on the bottom as a maker mentioning. The old man started to look at the bow once Izumi gave it. Izumi meanwhile started to lean on his knee. Seemed the pupil had become a master as Halt didn't even have a single thing against it... Yet told him the most simple bows were without engravings. "I know..." Were the words of Izumi soft and warm. "This is for you as an extra." He stood up and inched just a little over the man. "You taught me a lot, making arrows, making a bow out of scratch... You showed me the ropes even though I was just a new kid..." And the man gave a chuckle. "It was fun as long as it lasted."
" That indeed... Oyaji... But please, bear in mind that if you need me.. just shout out... and I will be there." He gave a smile and they started to round things up.

WC: 1904

[topic entered]
[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back