Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Steadfast

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Steadfast
Stalwart.jpg

The Steadfast ninja is one who doesn't go down easily. They are tough and durable, able to resist heavy amounts of damage and defend their teammates. They are also incredibly determined, and it is impossible to ever truly break them down.

Maximum Defense - Ability Modification (2 points)
Restriction- Requires Defensive Technique
A Steadfast can learn this variation on the Defensive Technique once they have practiced it to its full potential. Instead of dodging around like a flea, they can focus on guarding all of their weak points in order to reduce they amount of damage from attacks. As an alternative, they can almost completely forgo attacking, throwing all of their energy into evading enemy attacks instead.
Effect: When using Defensive Stance, you can trade 1 point of Accuracy in order to reduce oncoming damage by 5% instead of gaining a dodge bonus (to a maximum of -2 accuracy and -10% damage taken), or you can trade 1 point of Accuracy for 1 point of Dodge up to a maximum of 6 (as opposed to the previous 4).

Great Fortitude - Passive (3 points)
Restriction- C Rank and up
A Steadfast that learns this has mastered their ability to take hits without injury, making their bodies almost impossibly strong. It takes quite a bit to make them actually feel an attack, and even then you might not illicit a reaction.
Effect: Ignores damage each round. How much is reduced is based on your character level, this skill reduces 75 Damage per level each round.

Stand Fast - Independent Special Move (2 points)
A Steadfast who learns this particular ability is able to tap into a great reservoir of inner resolve, temporarily becoming able to suffer huge amounts of damage without incurring any serious harm to themselves by taking an absolutely defensive stance.
Effect: For one round, the user reduces all damage against themselves by 75% but cannot attack in that round. Usable only once per combat. Does not take any more Damage reduction buffs. If the user is not hit during the round this is used, it will not count as being used.

Human Shield - Independent Special Move (2 points)
Restriction- Requires Body Switch
A Steadfast is excellent at taking blows, but not everybody else is. Using their natural ability to soak damage an extension of the Kawarimi (Body Switch) jutsu, a Stalwart can leap in front of an ally and take attacks for them, perhaps preventing them from being harmed.
Effect: The Steadfast can switch places with an ally that is attacked at a cost of 0.5 AP (they cannot switch places with an ally when they are being attacked). Allies that are aware of this ability and can Body Switch with real clones can designate the Steadfast as a target; if the Steadfast is unwilling to switch, then the jutsu automatically fails. The triggering attack is resolved against the Steadfast instead, who can attempt to dodge it normally.

Awesome Power - Ability Modification (2 points)
Restriction- C Rank and up, Requires Hidden Power
A Steadfast ninja with the ability to bring forth a deep seeded power within them will often test that power, pushing to themselves to the limits at all times until they have mastered those reserved abilities. When they are pushed again, you can expect the backlash to be severe.
Effect: Whenever the user loses 10% of their maximum HP, the user gains +1 Dodge/Gen Save to attacks made against them for the next 10 seconds. May stack multiple times, up to a maximum of +3. Normal ability effect still applies once the user reaches below 50% max HP.

Willfull - Boost (1 point)
Restriction- Can only be purchased a maximum of two times
A Steadfast ninja has willpower beyond that of anybody else, able to beat away enemy illusions and maintain focus on their goal. A Steadfast nin is one who possesses not only fortitude of the body, but of the mind as well.
Effect: +1 Genjutsu Save

Second Wind - Independent Special Move (3 points)
Just when enemies think they've got the Steadfast one down, when they've hit their limits and can’t fight any harder, that’s when it’s time to use the Second Wind. Due to training, those with Steadfast have amplified their natural ability to recover to extraordinary levels.
Effect: The user regains 20% max HP, and cancels all Bleeding. This is usable only once per combat.

Free Will - Passive (2 points)
Those with Steadfast are not easy to detain, able to break out of jutsu and traps that would seem completely foolproof by sheer willpower. They simply cannot be held down when they've got a goal to accomplish, and you’d be a fool to try.
Effect: The Steadfast gains +2 Dodge/Save against binds, and has an additional +5% chance of escaping.

Indomitable Spirit - Passive (3 points)
Through raw training and persistence, the Steadfast ninja has a will stronger than their body. No matter what torturous pain they may be going through, they can overcome and fight on.
Effect: The user ignores one point of debuff from any and all sources (so a Blinding Flash that causes a -3 to Accuracy and Dodge only causes a -2 to the user). In addition, they are not influenced by any fear effects.

Poison Immunity - Ability Modification (2 points)
Restriction- Requires Poison Resistance
A Steadfast ninja who learns to resist poison takes things a step beyond what normal people would do, putting their excellent health to the test and continuing to poison themselves where others would stop. Nearly killing themselves, the Steadfast gain incredible resistance to poisons of all sorts.
Effect: User is immune to the effects of poisons.

Undying Warrior - Independent Special Move (2 points)
Restriction- B Rank and up
This powerful skill is the penultimate technique that any Steadfast ninja could learn, allowing them to increase their resolve to a level that defies imagination. By focusing all of their attention, energy, and willpower on one target, the Steadfast ninja is able to stave off even death until that enemy is laid to rest. This is best used when they are in desperate straights, as a final act of will.
Effect: When the Steadfast ninja starts their turn unconscious due to having 0 HP or lower (but no lower than -50% of their Max HP), they may choose to revive and act again. They receive +2 to Accuracy on all attacks against the opponent that felled them. If their HP drops below -50% of their Max HP, they fall unconscious again and cannot use this technique unless their HP rises above this value. They lose 1500 CP at the end of every round they act while having less than 0 HP (if they run out of CP, this is taken from their HP), and this technique can be used for a total of three rounds in a battle.

Resilience - Boost (1 point)
Restriction- Can be purchased up to three times
Steadfast ninja push the limits of the human body, ignoring pain and pushing on to absorbing more damage than their heartiest allies. This helps them to defend their allies as long as possible by extending the time they can remain fighting.
Effect: +2 HP modifier.

Reciprocate - A-Rank Variable Taijutsu (1 point, 1 point to rank up)
Restriction- A-Rank and up
This deadly jutsu unique to the Steadfast taps into the muscle memory of their body, taking the pain that they've suffered and turning it against an opponent. With a solid hit from their palm, the Steadfast transfers all of their pain and injury into the enemy’s body, sometimes with interest.
Rank 1: Deals all of the damage dealt to the Steadfast in the past two rounds (including damage that was negated), at +1 Accuracy
Rank 2: Deals all of the damage dealt to the Steadfast in the past three rounds (including damage that was negated), at +2 Accuracy
Cost: 3 AP, Costs CP equal to 50% of the damage Dealt
Note: Usable at any time; does not require to be declared 2-3 rounds beforehand. Max damage is at 6800. This cannot be buffed. Uses melee accuracy.

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Code:
[b][u]Steadfast[/u][/b]
[img]http://www.Ninpocho.com/images/BattleSystem/CoreAbilities/Stalwart.jpg[/img]
[quote]The Steadfast ninja is one who doesn't go down easily. They are tough and durable, able to resist heavy amounts of damage and defend their teammates. They are also incredibly determined, and it is impossible to ever truly break them down.

[b][u]Maximum Defense[/u][/b] - Ability Modification (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Requires Defensive Technique
A Steadfast can learn this variation on the Defensive Technique once they have practiced it to its full potential. Instead of dodging around like a flea, they can focus on guarding all of their weak points in order to reduce they amount of damage from attacks. As an alternative, they can almost completely forgo attacking, throwing all of their energy into evading enemy attacks instead.
[b]Effect:[/b] When using Defensive Stance, you can trade 1 point of Accuracy in order to reduce oncoming damage by 5% instead of gaining a dodge bonus (to a maximum of -2 accuracy and -10% damage taken), or you can trade 1 point of Accuracy for 1 point of Dodge up to a maximum of 6 (as opposed to the previous 4). 

[b][u]Great Fortitude[/u][/b] - Passive (3 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] C Rank and up
A Steadfast that learns this has mastered their ability to take hits without injury, making their bodies almost impossibly strong. It takes quite a bit to make them actually feel an attack, and even then you might not illicit a reaction.
[b]Effect:[/b] Ignores damage each round. How much is reduced is based on your character level, this skill reduces 75 Damage per level each round. 

[b][u]Stand Fast[/u][/b] - Independent Special Move (2 points)
A Steadfast who learns this particular ability is able to tap into a great reservoir of inner resolve, temporarily becoming able to suffer huge amounts of damage without incurring any serious harm to themselves by taking an absolutely defensive stance.
[b]Effect:[/b] For one round, the user reduces all damage against themselves by 75% but cannot attack in that round. Usable only once per combat. Does not take any more Damage reduction buffs. If the user is not hit during the round this is used, it will not count as being used.

[b][u]Human Shield[/u][/b] - Independent Special Move (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Requires Body Switch 
A Steadfast is excellent at taking blows, but not everybody else is. Using their natural ability to soak damage an extension of the Kawarimi (Body Switch) jutsu, a Stalwart can leap in front of an ally and take attacks for them, perhaps preventing them from being harmed.
[b]Effect:[/b] The Steadfast can switch places with an ally that is attacked at a cost of 0.5 AP (they cannot switch places with an ally when they are being attacked). Allies that are aware of this ability and can Body Switch with real clones can designate the Steadfast as a target; if the Steadfast is unwilling to switch, then the jutsu automatically fails. The triggering attack is resolved against the Steadfast instead, who can attempt to dodge it normally.

[b][u]Awesome Power[/u][/b] - Ability Modification (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] C Rank and up, Requires Hidden Power
A Steadfast ninja with the ability to bring forth a deep seeded power within them will often test that power, pushing to themselves to the limits at all times until they have mastered those reserved abilities. When they are pushed again, you can expect the backlash to be severe.
[b]Effect:[/b] Whenever the user loses 10% of their maximum HP, the user gains +1 Dodge/Gen Save to attacks made against them for the next 10 seconds. May stack multiple times, up to a maximum of +3. Normal ability effect still applies once the user reaches below 50% max HP.

[b][u]Willfull[/u][/b] - Boost (1 point)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Can only be purchased a maximum of two times
A Steadfast ninja has willpower beyond that of anybody else, able to beat away enemy illusions and maintain focus on their goal. A Steadfast nin is one who possesses not only fortitude of the body, but of the mind as well.
[b]Effect:[/b] +1 Genjutsu Save 

[b][u]Second Wind[/u][/b] - Independent Special Move (3 points)
Just when enemies think they've got the Steadfast one down, when they've hit their limits and can’t fight any harder, that’s when it’s time to use the Second Wind. Due to training, those with Steadfast have amplified their natural ability to recover to extraordinary levels.
[b]Effect:[/b] The user regains 20% max HP, and cancels all Bleeding. This is usable only once per combat. 

[b][u]Free Will[/u][/b] - Passive (2 points)
Those with Steadfast are not easy to detain, able to break out of jutsu and traps that would seem completely foolproof by sheer willpower. They simply cannot be held down when they've got a goal to accomplish, and you’d be a fool to try.
[b]Effect:[/b] The Steadfast gains +2 Dodge/Save against binds, and has an additional +5% chance of escaping.

[b][u]Indomitable Spirit[/u][/b] - Passive (3 points)
Through raw training and persistence, the Steadfast ninja has a will stronger than their body. No matter what torturous pain they may be going through, they can overcome and fight on.
[b]Effect:[/b] The user ignores one point of debuff from any and all sources (so a Blinding Flash that causes a -3 to Accuracy and Dodge only causes a -2 to the user). In addition, they are not influenced by any fear effects. 

[b][u]Poison Immunity[/u][/b] - Ability Modification (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Requires Poison Resistance
A Steadfast ninja who learns to resist poison takes things a step beyond what normal people would do, putting their excellent health to the test and continuing to poison themselves where others would stop. Nearly killing themselves, the Steadfast gain incredible resistance to poisons of all sorts.
[b]Effect:[/b] User is immune to the effects of poisons.

[b][u]Undying Warrior[/u][/b] - Independent Special Move (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] B Rank and up
This powerful skill is the penultimate technique that any Steadfast ninja could learn, allowing them to increase their resolve to a level that defies imagination. By focusing all of their attention, energy, and willpower on one target, the Steadfast ninja is able to stave off even death until that enemy is laid to rest. This is best used when they are in desperate straights, as a final act of will. 
[b]Effect:[/b] When the Steadfast ninja starts their turn unconscious due to having 0 HP or lower (but no lower than -50% of their Max HP), they may choose to revive and act again. They receive +2 to Accuracy on all attacks against the opponent that felled them. If their HP drops below -50% of their Max HP, they fall unconscious again and cannot use this technique unless their HP rises above this value. They lose 1500 CP at the end of every round they act while having less than 0 HP (if they run out of CP, this is taken from their HP), and this technique can be used for a total of three rounds in a battle.

[u][b]Resilience[/b][/u] - Boost (1 point)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Can be purchased up to three times
Steadfast ninja push the limits of the human body, ignoring pain and pushing on to absorbing more damage than their heartiest allies. This helps them to defend their allies as long as possible by extending the time they can remain fighting.
[b]Effect:[/b] +2 HP modifier.

[b][u]Reciprocate[/u][/b] - A-Rank Variable Taijutsu (1 point, 1 point to rank up)
[i]Restriction-[/i] A-Rank and up
This deadly jutsu unique to the Steadfast taps into the muscle memory of their body, taking the pain that they've suffered and turning it against an opponent. With a solid hit from their palm, the Steadfast transfers all of their pain and injury into the enemy’s body, sometimes with interest.
[b]Rank 1:[/b] Deals all of the damage dealt to the Steadfast in the past two rounds (including damage that was negated), at +1 Accuracy
[b]Rank 2:[/b] Deals all of the damage dealt to the Steadfast in the past three rounds (including damage that was negated), at +2 Accuracy
[b]Cost:[/b] 3 AP, Costs CP equal to 50% of the damage Dealt
[i][b]Note:[/b] Usable at any time; does not require to be declared 2-3 rounds beforehand. Max damage is at 6800. This cannot be buffed. Uses melee accuracy.[/i][/quote]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back