Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Stranger Danger! - [ Tag! Kimi! ]

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
EhPZp0N.png

The moon was a hanging crescent in the sky tonight. The fine pinpoints of light that were the stars loomed in a less backlit manner, but they were still as brilliant in their own rights. By no means was this night one that warranted mischief, but that did not mean that it would come. As the sun settled in it's slumber for the night, the moon and stars became more and more apparent. Children would make a mad dash down the street to catch up to their parents and nestle into their comfortable little beds to have a good night story read to them. After all, the night was when all the freaks would come out to play. Right? Riiiight. Heavy footsteps would sound beneath the man known as Kazuhiko as he held his hands deep inside of the pockets of the noir jacket that he wore. His carmine eyes would remain focused forward as he walked. That was his first mistake, or maybe his first mistake was not swiftly side stepping as one of the aforementioned children came bounding right into him. The child barely reached up to his hips, and being the mountainous man that he was. . . of course the child took a little bit of a spill there on the sidewalk. His eyes would drop down as he paused in his step. He could've stepped right over this kid, taken his boot down and ground it right into his face, popping it open all over the concrete of the walkway. . . but not in public. If this had been in some type of haunted house setting, then maybe he would've been the boogyman and made this kid scream.

Oh wait, he didn't even have to do anything for the kid to suddenly begin wailing loudly. Rather than wails of terror, the sound that passed the kids lips were more familiar to him than he'd like to admit. They were of pain. Obviously he had spilled and scraped some part of his anatomy. The man would then kneel down and reach a hand out, suddenly taking a hold of the kid's arm. "Shh, shh." He'd state in a stern tone, "It's just a scrape. And I can fix that for you." He'd lift a hand up while holding the injured elbow in his grips. His fingertips would glow a faint lavendar color as he touched his fingertips to the child's flesh. He couldn't tell whether this was a girl or boy, but it didn't necessarily matter to him. He just knew that the kid was squealing, and that was something that needed to be fixed. His ears were, uh, kind of precious to him. Not as much as his hands or feet or anything, but still. It'd be hard to enjoy life without his hearing. The kid had fallen silent at the sight of the glow, and the soothing touch would heal up the scrape on kid's arm. . . However. . .

"Aaaahhhh! STRANGER DANGER! HE'S TOUCHING ME! HELP! HELP! NINJA PLEAAASE! SAVE ME!"

Oh, Jashin damn it. Leave it to a little shit to scream like this when he was actually TRYING to help. His hands would let go as if he had just touched fire and he let out an exasperated sigh. What now?

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Night. It was just the sort of time best spent in quiet reflection. Barely a sound reached through the darkness, bathing the world in an eerie shadow. The dark didn't bother her. No, she hardly noticed it's presence. The dark neither benefited, nor harmed her as she wandered the streets. Her soft footsteps providing just enough to find her way through the winding roads. It was strange to be sure, to find no signs of music filling the night air, though not without reason. The female was simply enjoying the night, not worried about the sounds that usually guided her life. No, she was walking to a different tune that night. So completely lost in thought, she almost didn't notice when a sound broke through. It was loud, as far as sounds were concerned at that time of night, the pathway towards the source illuminated. A cry for help. Though she certainly wasn't a ninja...not yet at least...she simply couldn't ignore someone's cry for help. Especially not one who sounded so young and so obviously in danger. With an unexpected purpose, she ran towards the source.

Violin case bouncing off her back, making a soft rhythmic thump with each hit, Kimi sped towards the call. Skidding to a stop, she surveyed the scene. The commotion brought it clearly to light. A small child was the source of the screaming, accompanied by someone they obviously didn't know. She took a second to survey the scene before deciding someone should step in, if only to save their poor ears. "Calm down!" she spoke, her voice quivering slightly. It was very un-Kimi-like to step forward like that, but if she was truly serious about becoming a Guardian, she had to start doing things she may not be completely comfortable with. "No need to scream anymore, child. No harm will come to you." she turned her attention to the screaming child, begging them with her questioning to stop that infernal yelling. The child did, indeed, stop, though barely. "There. Isn't that better? Now. What's going on here?" She stared blankly between the two of them, not even bothering to try and pretend she was looking at them. Her peaceful night was thoroughly disturbed, and she was not thrilled. She could only hope thing wouldn't end in a fight. She didn't even bring a hair tie.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
EhPZp0N.png

The weak. . . they cannot do anything but yelp in fear like rabid dogs. Though the irritation would not convey to his facial features, he would put on a more human look of shock more than anything. He would stand there with his arm half extended outwards almost like he did not know what to do. Yet I know what to do. . . Crush the child's skull, stop the incessant cries that never cease. . . The thought would bounce around in his head along with the fantasy of a red painted sidewalk where the child sat back. Could he really raise his hand against a child, though? After all, they were the most malleable towards the good word of Jashin. Oh, especially if you took it upon yourself to threaten to kill everything that they loved. As another approached, he would watch a bit blankly. So, it was that loud, huh? He just thought it was loud because he had been standing right there helping the dumb creature. As Kimi stopped, halting where she stood, the child would scramble up and stand behind her, peering out behind the female now. The child would pant in fear, or maybe just because he-she-it was out of breath from screaming so damn much. This was becoming more of a situation than what he wanted to deal with at this point. Really, who screamed like that when you were a damned doctor just trying to help? Reaching up, he would pinch at the bridge of his nose now and close his eyes.

"He touched me! He touched me! Mommy always said if a stranger touches you, they're gonna. . . muh-mo-muhlbest you. Yeah, that's right! He was going to mulbest me!" The kid would point a dirty finger in the direction of Kazuhiko and the older male would drop his hand now from his face, standing there in an unmoving stance. He wasn't even phased at the accusations. If only this kid really knew what he was capable of? A demonstration would be lovely at this point in time.

Alas, this was not the place, though. "You fell and scraped your elbow." He'd now offer an uncharacteristically warm smile in the two's direction. "I'm willing to bet you that scrape is no longer there because I healed it. I'm one of the head doctors of the clinic. Now, you should run along because it's getting far too dark out here." He'd state in a calm manner. Now, he'd look over towards Kimi.

"Don't you have a bed time, also? Or am I mistaken?" Kazuhiko had just freshly turned into an adult, so he was only half serious. "Are you a shinobi? You sure did dash over here pretty fast. My name is Akiyama Kazuhiko." Here's to situational diffusal. Time to make something decent out of a shitty situation.

The child would soon back away and run off, screaming once more. This time, though, the screams sounded more like an affirmation to getting home.

"Noisy little one, eh?" Noisy little fucker it was more like. He'd press a hand against his ear, and make the characteristic motion to get the ringing to just stop.

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Small feet skittered her direction, a tugging on her pants confirming what she heard. The child determined her to be their savior. Small whimpers of fear, a slight annoyance, yet much preferred to the screaming of before. Those she could at least deal with. The screaming was threatening to drive her deaf, as if she could handle more sense-deprivation. She pat the child's head softly, before sighing as they ran off, almost relieved. Good. She wouldn't have to deal with a crying child. Now she simply had to figure out what the deal was with this stranger. A voice spoke, unfamiliar, and strangely unsettling. It wasn't something completely out of the ordinary for Kimi, so she paid the feeling no mind. Head doctors at the clinic? Huh. It was good to hear that it wasn't some stranger trying to hurt the child. There was enough going on around Iwa without some child predator on the loose. Akiyama Kazuhiko. The name sounded vaguely familiar, but in no way more than a simple 'oh, I've heard it said once or twice in passing' sort of way. "I'm Kimi. Academy Student..." she felt a little silly. He was some high-up in the clinic, and there she was, rushing to defend a child from him. That kid didn't even need defending, the 'stranger' was trying to help. The entire situation was a little ridiculous. He commented on the child's noisyness, and she smirked. "You have no idea. I could have heard him even if I was safely in bed." it wasn't an exaggeration. Kimi's sonar abilities have been growing steadily since she began training, and she was finding herself able to hear more than she had ever thought possible before.

Even so, with the relative silence, certain things would inevitably be missed. As such, while she could recognize the motions, facial expressions were something she had yet to quite master. She knew he'd get there eventually, but wasn't too worried about it at the moment. "As for a bedtime...I don't think I've ever had one of those." she half-laughed at the thought. Since when did her father care what she did with herself. Most nights she spent wandering the town, playing violin until the absolute latest, before dragging her half-asleep form back to her bed for the night. There was a reason she rarely took a morning class.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
EhPZp0N.png

Oh now, if only she knew what was really running around the village. It would probably make her turn tail and run away. Something that he always very much enjoyed. Now, when they were Academy Students, though. . . Granted, he had no real limitation. They were, as stated before, the best molding clay for remodeling into some screwed up ways. He would digress, though. His carmine eyes would watch the young woman carefully. A neighborhood Academy Student? Questionable at best. Perhaps there was something there beneath the surface that was not discernible without further prying? After all, it would take a good amount of digging and stabbing into him to find out what was working in his favor. Or rather, he'd go with the tall tales end of things. Not everyone was spectacular, and not everything needed immediate dissection. Let it all come to him eventually. It would work out. Now, then. . . "I'm sure I would've been able to, too. My ears are still ringing, of course. There's just nothing like having a small child squeal in your ears when you're doing nothing more than good for them." His voice was a bit gruff. Obviously he was a bit taken back by the way the child acted. Rather, that was how he wanted to appear. Bringing a hand up, he'd thread a few strands of his ebony hair through the digits now as he listened to her speak.

"Ah, forgive me." He'd state suddenly, "When I'm outside of the clinic, I sometimes have a habit of jumping to conclusions. Never know who's a civilian or who is a shinobi. I guess that's how it is supposed to be." Of course.

"Would you like any type of company on this long walk through this area? I may be medically oriented most of the time, but I like to think I can provide a decent amount of amusement." He'd smile now, dropping his arm back down his side. "Not to mention if you stand in one place for too long, you get antsy." Only just a little bit. He was a person who had to be moving.

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A smirk. The stranger really had no idea what sort of things Kimi heard. Then again, most people didn't. She was pretty sure people would get freaked out by some of the things she could hear. Most didn't like when you went around talking about how you could hear their heartbeat. It was just not common. Speaking of, she paused for a moment, listening for the tell-tale thudding. So he was at least somewhat normal, as far as human biology was concerned, if not a little prone to over-exertion by the sound of it. He really should try to get that under control. Being a mednin, a chief at that, he should know what an irregular heartbeat could do to you. Then again, Kimi wasn't overly knowledgeable on medicine to begin with. Who was she to say. He'd certainly know better than her what was healthy and what wasn't. "You really can't blame the child. I'm sure they were terrified." she muttered, though her shrug would insinuate otherwise. Little kids were prone to over-reacting. "It's all good." she commented, referring to his apology, "I sometimes forget not everyone knows me. Especially without my violin in hand." she gestured to her back, where the case was kept. Between the student tournament that hadn't quite yet been forgotten, and her habit of constantly playing her violin, a surprising amount of people recognized her.

"Sure. The company would be nice." she smiled. "Standing still for too long makes everything fuzzy." she commented in a really strange way. Always amusing to see how her vocabulary has changed in the months following her blindness.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
EhPZp0N.png

Ever observant, the man would catch the smirk that fell on the young woman's lips. He couldn't help but wondered what exactly brought on that sort of reaction, but hey, it could've been anything he said. Pre-teens and teenagers were really, really good at making things into something that they were not. "I understand that I can't blame the child," he'd state, leading off a bit. That didn't mean that he still didn't wish to cave in his head. Oh, wait, that was a normal reaction because he was someone who played in bloods, guts, and death regularly. Oh, not like that. When you were in charge at a clinic, you saw some crazy messes. "Moving on from that, though... I'd like to hear you play that violin of yours." He'd comment, his head nodding along with his statement. Kazuhiko, the arts lover. How strange was that? In the face of the public, it was absolutely and dreadfully normal. Boring in a sense. That was the public in general, however. Her next response would also cause an interest to rise once more. Fuzzy? What was that supposed to mean? Either way, to his medically inclined mind, it was not something that sounded too good. Fuzzy was how one described the sensation of losing sensation in your toes or something like that. You know, almost akin to pins and needles, but less painful.

"Fuzzy?" He'd ask in a confused tone of voice. "That doesn't sound good no matter how I try to justify it, Kimi-chan." He'd state. A worry tinted his tone, but it did not reach his eyes. Those eyes would remain as stoic as ever, hardened like strange rubies. That was how it was, trying to feign humanity. You could sugarcoat your words and you could sugarcoat your actions, but the eyes never lied. "Let's walk and rid you of these fuzzies. Come on," he'd motion for her to follow and begin to walk in whatever direction. "Perhaps you can explain your situation to me through song. Let's just say you made me interested in a lot of things about you." Shinobi. The most interesting people in the world.

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Why did she mention her violin? Of course now he'd want to hear her play. It wasn't as though she didn't like playing, or minded when others listened, but there was something a little strange about playing specifically for someone else to hear. Even so, the night was practically perfect for it, the whispers of the wind calling to her. Giving in, she pulled the violin from the case, and placed bow to strings. The first notes broke through the silent world as she walked, continuing the conversation as if nothing had changed. "Yes fuzzy. It's why I often play." she nodded, the music swirling around her, bringing the world to life. "It's perfectly natural." she stated with a slight shrug. Of course she would expect him to be worried. He was a mednin. It was the sort of thing that would be a huge red flag. It wouldn't be natural for him to firstly assume something completely natural was the cause. "I'm blind." she revealed rather nonchalantly. It had since become a non-issue for her. "I see through sonar. So when there isn't much sound, things get fuzzy." she continued in explanation, figuring it would be easier than having him try to ask all sorts of questions. It was funny, in a way, how her words wouldn't quite match the mood of the song, yet the two seemed to flow together in a strange, intricate pattern. Everything she did, in fact, seemed to fit to the song like a puzzle. The music was part of her.

And so it would be that he fit into the music as well, inevitable that his footsteps would find their way into the music, the melody accommodating for the secondary steps, blending them together in a complimentary way. Anyone with an ear for music could tell that this was not conscious, but instead a natural progression of the song, the sounds conforming to the world around them. "It seems I wouldn't be the only interesting person around at this time of night. You're quite an interesting one yourself." a moment's pause. "I'd have to say I know hardly a thing about you." As she talked, and walked, still her music played.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
EhPZp0N.png

Well, people did have their own little knacks for mentioning their talents and prowess. This young woman would be no different at this point. After all, everyone had something to prove. And yes, the fuzziness was on the lower ended spectrum of red flags, but it was red none-the-less. He'd walk along side the girl, slowing down his stride in a considerable manner to fall in step with her. It was easy for him to just take off. There was enough practice in wandering the clinics back and forth. However, her lax statement just stating how she was blind caused him to nearly stop where he stood, but he managed to just keep on going along. His eyebrows would raise a considerable distance, though. "Interesting, very interesting." That statement there was genuine, of course. He was interested in such a thing. Someone who saw like a bat would? Let's just say that he just found the next subject towards his research. A good reason to keep this girl alive for as long as she proved useful. And he assumed the usefulness would not run out due to her seeming so youthful. "I'd like to keep a watch on you to see how you progress, Kimi-chan." He'd state carefully, "I guess you could say that I get really intrigued by such things. Most people accept their physical disabilities and remain defeated civilians. It's refreshing to see someone pushing forward." It was true, at least to him. He'd seen many people fall into the pits of despair when they wanted to find more out of themselves, but were limited. You could say that they were lazy. Incredibly so. Here was a young woman pushing through the Academy and playing beautiful music for the world to hear.

"Of course. The night brings out some rather interesting people, you know." His words followed the flow of the music, mending and molding along with the notes that she played. His carmine eyes would watch forward as he listened now. What did she want to know about him other than what he did? He was a dull person on the outside, and very bloody in his personal life. "I guess outside of the world of everything Medical, I'm intrigued by the arts. I do sculpture and painting in some of my leisure time. A lot of my time is occupied by research, though." He'd state, chewing on the inside of his lip. "I specialize in Hematology, and I'm looking into other things. Just not sure what. Like I mentioned before, the eyes intrigue me. I always believe they're something you need to keep safe. Not only does it hurt like hell to damage 'em, but would you say it's a bit harder to function without them?" He'd ask, then he'd pause for a moment:

"Stop me if you think I'm going too far, Kimi."

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimi didn't quite know what to make of Kazu, though she brushed off most of his slightly quirky mannerisms as simply due to his obvious dedication to the medical cause. She could admire such dedication to one's work. In truth, he seemed to be nothing more than a slightly awkward med chief who was overly into his work and had a rough time separating himself from it. And ultimately that didn't bother Kimi one bit. If someone had asked her to separate herself from her studies as a shinobi, she'd simply laugh. She couldn't expect Kazu to separate himself from his medicine, just as she couldn't separate herself from her music. It was part of who she was.

Her song continued, it's music filling the night are in a strangely balancing way, the music as natural to the world as the rustling of the wind through the trees. A skip in the music, accompanied by her skipping as she walked, added a little variety into the otherwise somber tune. "How I progress?" she tilted her head sideways, her hair dragging along the ground as she did. "Oh! You mean because of my different way of seeing! Right." she nodded, straightening herself. She tended to forget that people found her sonar abilities to be interesting, and not as normal as she had come to find them. "I started my time at the academy before going blind. There was no reason to quit just because of that!" she laughed, though her face wasn't quite as cheerful as she sounded. If she were honest with herself, sometimes she did miss the way the world looked through her own eyes. Then again, she wouldn't give up her sonar for anything. Being that closely connected with the sounds around her was the best thing in the world for her. It truly brought her music to life. "Hema-tology?" she inquired, unfamiliar with the medical term. She shrugged it off, turning to answer his next question. "Harder to function without them? Not really! I mean, reading's a bitch. And color isn't a thing." she took a few steps ahead of him before turning around and walking backwards. "But that's really it!"

She continued walking backwards, not slowing in her pace at all. "I mean. I see through sonar. So I'm more aware of everything around me! I can walk like this all day, even run if my balance would allow, and not worry about running into anything!" as if to prove her point, she began walking a little faster, almost dancing around as she moved in reverse. "It's all about give and take, really!"

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
EhPZp0N.png

In all seriousness, it was hard to gauge a psychopath properly. That was why many people chose to stop looking past the surface and they started, instead, to judge the book by the bindings and the cover photo. That was a very welcome change, because it was not like the male was trying to let anyone inside. Rather, he did his very best to pursuade someone else's mind with ideas that he was something different. Would it be odd or simply disturbing for him to state that this was something simply just like a game for him? Not really. People did more horrendous things on a day to day basis, after all. "Well, naturally that is what I meant. Just trying not to mention that you're anywhere near. . . different." He'd comment, looking up towards the sky as he lazily meandered on forward with the young woman. "Determination to go on, I can get behind that notion." He'd smile, even though she could not see it. It was one of the faces of death he had seen before. People would beg to be saved, to be able to go on with their lives. If only those self loathing nobodies could see a child doing what they were too lazy to work for. "And hematology. . . The study of blood and blood-born illness and infection. Anything that has to do with blood, really." He'd comment with a far off sound to his voice. "It's interesting to think that we honestly need blood to live. Granted, you could bleed me dry and I would still go on. My body is just different. I never get sick nor infection. So I'm a bad example to use." It did make him one hell of a medical ninja. He could work with dying people and be unflinching towards any infection they could spew at him. Ha.

"I think when it comes to sight, the thing that I would miss the most is color. Though, I don't really wear things of color. . . The world would be a dull place if it were just one continuous conglomerate of nothingness. What exactly do you see in the place of color? If your sonar is not feeding images into your mind, that is. How would you describe it, Kimi-chan?" His hands would now lift and he'd lace them behind his head, strands of his hair getting collected between his digits. "Just tell me everything and more, I guess. That's what my mind is saying."

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimi slowed her pace, returning to a steady walk beside him. Hematology. Blood. Seemed like a rather morbid thing to be so passionate about. Then again, there were definately worse things he could have a fondness for. "So, would you then go so far as to call the mere presence of blood humanity's one great weakness? And, if as you say, you are an exception to this, why not simply try to take that exceptional quality, and make it more available for the general public? Wouldn't that prevent such things as illness and, even, in some cases, death?" she tilted her head, her bright eyes wide with curiosity. As a medical chief, surely he wanted to better the lives of humanity, especially those he works so hard to cure. If there was a way to prevent disease all together...well common sense said those who devote their lives to medicine would be the first to jump towards the opportunity. There were definately interesting things to be learned from everyone around, if you put the time and effort into hearing them.

The mednin seemed to be extremely skilled at finding the sort of question that made Kimi pause. She never really thought about the loss of color. Sure, there were times where being able to see the way she used to would be convenient, ultimately her sonar gives her a much better sense of awareness. "How...I see?" she paused, collecting her thoughts. She wanted to find the best way to explain things, making it as easy to understand as possible for someone who'd never been there. "It's not images, exactly. It has to do with the way sound works. It's sorta like..." in a burst of genius, she came up with a good way to explain it. "It's like when you throw a pebble into a puddle of still water. It sends waves through the water in every direction, right? Well, sound works the same way. A single sound sends waves out. Now, with the water example. Say you were standing perfectly still in the water when the pebble was dropped. When the waves made in the water reached your leg, they would hit it, and split, moving around you. Sound, again, is the same. The sound waves hit whatever may be in the area, and react. I can hear and sense those waves, which means, when they hit something, and react accordingly, i can tell. That tells me where everything is. It's actually a lot more reliable than vision, because it's easy to look over things, but really hard to not hear them. The more sounds there are, the better a view of the world I get, even if it takes a few seconds longer for me to understand it." she just hoped her explanation made sense.

[[ooc: in which I try very hard to try and find a good way to explain how sonar would work in a way that simultaneously makes sense, and sounds Kimi-like. AKA: you suck.]]

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
EhPZp0N.png

Morbid, ha. What a word it was. People used it to describe so many different things here in this strange little orb of a world. Granted, this is just the musing of a crazy authoress. However, he would pause in his mind there for a few moments at her questioning. Why couldn't shinobi just extract certain things from themselves and apply it to others? His dark eyebrows would raise for a moment there as he mulled it over in his mind. After all, it had always been an attribute that was very specific to him. He'd never met anyone that was like him before. He could bleed dry and still keep on going like it was nothing. In all actuality, he was not sure on how he would sit down and isolate that particular prowess from himself. He could recall countless hours as he worked dilligently upon himself to get to such a state in his working. Death, it may have made the world go round for humanity, but that didn't mean that he had wanted to experience it himself. After all, there were still so many things that he needed to do. Mainly for his lord and savior, Jashin. Hell, wasn't everything that he did now a days dedicated to the entity-slash-God that many feared and served? "It's not that I was born this way, Kimi-chan." He'd speak rather abruptly now, blinking those carmine eyes of his at the way that the wording would slip from his mouth. "I worked myself to death and death's end to become this way. I had a special attunement to it, but it's not something that you can sit down and isolate. It's dictated by personal choice, and personal choice alone. He'd now sigh at his own words as he looked forward, up to the sky that almost undoubtedly she had not seen in quite some time. "It would be preventive in nature, but that means that people would have to take their own traits and specializations and work with them. I like to say that I was very dedicated to being able to serve my purpose as a Medical Ninja." And to serve his purpose to Jashin, but that wasn't something that needed to be spoken out loud. No, that would probably make some people's skin crawl and cause more questions than what he hoped for to come up. It was too complicated for explanation for him to slip up like that.

Finally, now, he'd give pause for her to answer the question that had been posed towards her. A hard question for yet another hard question. It was a fair trade, he believed. After all, it wasn't like he was going to give away something without posing another thing in return. He was incredible at making people think. That was a trait of someone who destroyed lives and rebuilt them for a living. So thus, he would await her answer, to which she really seemed to be mulling it over. It intrigued the man that such a thing was harder to explain. Mainly because he understood that she probably never even thought about it in conjunction with other such things. Finally, she had started to talk and he would only crack a small smile that would not travel to meet his eyes. He would think it over in his mind, unconsciously closing his eyes as he thought about standing amidst a lake or a pond, and dropping those pebbles. It would take him a lot of training and hard work to rid himself of his sight. It was hard to operate on a person with your eyes closed, after all. Maybe if it had been attuned correctly, one would be able to detect the various motions of the muscle and the way a person's blood fueled their cells. It would take an incredible amount of study and dedication for something like that. He almost wondered if Kimi would have been able to climb to that level. He could see it happening with someone who had been born with no sight what so ever, but she had already experienced the luxury of sight. Or maybe it would be more of a burden to her. He would slide open his eyes once again and he let out a small sigh. "I don't honestly think that I could deal with sonar in the fashion that you do. It may be something that comes naturally to you, but it sounds complicated in my head, even though I know it's probably really, really simple to you." He'd have to research to understand it more thoroughly. That was how he got a better clue on everything.

"You know, I don't want to treat you like a research paper or a science fair project." Or some crazy shit like that. You know. "So would you let me help you hone your sonar? I'd love to get some more insight, and you're a growing Student." He'd nod his head once with his statement. "I promise you I won't bore you to death with medical stuff, either." Now, he'd laugh. Ha~.

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A tilt of the head caused long strands of hair to fall haphazardly across her face. It was one thing to talk about internalized abilities that one was born with, but to insinuate that he somehow became the way he is through other means was a little ridiculous in her mind. She'd seen crazy abilities and skills as a result of heritage. People who could seemingly melt into shadows, morph the very aspects of reality, stand amidst a raging fire and emerge unscathed (Okay, she hadn't actually witnessed this one, but something told her that if Chi really wanted to, she would be the one to pull it off)...but someone being able to deny death itself completely through means other than their birthright? Simply put, it made no sense. Kimi of course would say nothing of that sort. If she had, it would most likely come off as rude and snarky, and that was no way to begin a newly forming friendship. Especially not when dealing with someone so much older and more powerful than she was. That wasn't to say she thought he was particularly old. No, he could very well be of a decently young age. It was simply that, by being a higher-up in the medical field, he very obviously had to be at least a decent amount older than she was herself. That, in her young mind, made him old. It was almost funny to think of him in that way, though she didn't laugh. The conversation didn't seem appropriate for laughing, after all. Perhaps if he had just made even an unintentional joke, but no.

He seemed to find her own answer just as intriguing as she had found his. Thought provoking, even. She still wasn't sure she explained it exactly right, but it was the best her young mind could come up with. She knew what it was like to see with use of her eyes, but even so, she felt as though she hadn't truly seen the world at all until she lost that sense. So many things were different when your perspective changed. Her music grew as a result of the blindness, becoming more complicated and intricate as new sounds and experiences filled her daily life. The more she heard, the more she could play. Even her voice, always fairly good even if she rarely sang, expanded and grew, allowing for new abilities to manifest themselves. Before her blindness, she never would have considered singing in public. Yet, there she was, her voice becoming a key part of her fighting style. It was an entirely new, and strange, feeling. Almost freeing. She didn't think she really explained any of that very well.

Reassurance that he wasn't using her for misplaced means came unexpectedly. Did people truly think that ill of others that one would have to preface their kind offers with dissuasion of ill intent? Perhaps it was naive of her to think that way, but she couldn't help but hope for better from the world. Not everyone was a good person. She knew that quite well. But that didn't mean every stranger had to be held to a standard of 'bad person until proven otherwise'. That sort of thinking would move them no closer to progress. Even so, she appreciated the effort. It was nice of him to recognize a fear that could quite easily have been picking at the edge of her brain, and easing it before it rose to the surface. "I wouldn't mind the extra help." she spoke after a few seconds thinking. "It would be interesting to get a medical point of view on it. I had never really thought about it from that side of things before." she agreed. "Well as long as there won't be boring medical stuff involved..." now was an appropriate time to let out a small laugh. "...It could be nice." she finished.

[mft]

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
EhPZp0N.png

Yet, he stated he didn't wish to treat the young woman as some kind of a science fair or some other project along those lines, but here he was, sitting there and asking her if he could follow along with her development. Was it really so weird, though? After all, it was simply just the process that his convoluted mind followed. If one was trained in such a manner, then so be it. He was going to follow whatever instincts that came to him, and he would be fine with how everything worked out. Drawing in a small breath of the mild air, he'd simply just walk at this point. It was no problem that she was not speaking. He could take this moment to just survey the area and get a clue of what was going on during this night. However, his mind drifted. Star gazing. It was more interesting to him than the people who would wander by him and his short-by-comparison companion. So he'd lift those eyes of his up towards the sky and hold his hands up behind his head now, lacing his fingers through his soft black hair. "I'm glad you don't mind the extra help," he had to resist that age old urge to call her kiddo. It was a thing that he picked up in the clinic. When they were younger, it was nice. They were more malleable, and susceptible to what he had to say or do. And these days, his mind was mainly stuck on Jashin and what he had to do to please that entity that was now considered his lord and savior. "I guess I myself would have said no, but that might be a guy thing, you know?" He'd comment a bit off-handedly. "We don't like to admit to stuff like that. Actually, I think I'd rather walk out into the middle of a busy street rather than admitting I couldn't see, or hear, or something bad like that." He'd laugh a bit dryly. It was the curse of being a male, and the humanity that came along with it. It was so silly to be dictated by such actions and methods of thought.

"Not to mention, the study'll be great. It'll help me with parents that come in later on with the worry that something may be horribly wrong with 'em. It goes to show that no matter how bleak stuff can get, people have to be able to pick the hope out of supposed hopeless situations." Inspiring words from a mad man, eh? At least he knew that if he were in some sort of entangling situation, he would rip someone's spine out and just strangle them with it. Other people? They needed help. "You have my word that it won't be absurdly boring. I'm a ninja. We don't do boring, ever." He would then drop his hands down by his side. He'd let out his own laugh just as she did. A very appropriate thing to do now.

"I can guarantee it'll be more than nice. As long as we're working together, you've got a protector." He'd admit now, and he would furrow his brow. Of all the chaos and shitting things up, he sure did take a lot of people under his wing. He had a soft spot for ladies, though. And surely, Kimi would make a fine lady soon enough in her own charms and way.

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It never even occurred to Kimi that others might not take to losing a "vital" sense as well as she had. The fact that guys would see such things differently was even more of a foreign thought. What was so different between the two that they would see something like that so differently? Kazu was a mednin after all. And seeing as how Kimi's sonar abilities didn't seem to be all that common, it was only a matter of common sense that she would agree to help him with his studies. And maybe it'd even give her more of an insight on what it was that made her so different. In any case, it couldn't hurt. "D'you really think it could help you out? With your patients, I mean. Cuz that'd be pretty cool. I'd love to know I helped out in some important way like that." she grinned, her eyes sparkling slightly. He made mention of being a sort of protector, and Kimi couldn't help but smirk. It seemed almost comical to her that so many people took an interest in her study. She had Souji, her mentor, pseudo brother, and close friend. Then there was Katsu, her teacher, and friend. And now this mednin, Kazu, expressing his promise to protect her. For as long as they were working together, at last. That last part should have worried her slightly. The way it was phrased was unusual. But it wasn't such a worry as to dissuade her from the situation. "That's very kind of you." she smiled.
"Now...it's quite late, and if I'm not home when my father gets home...he may end up accidentally drowning himself in his own vomit. I really should be off."
the young female wished she was exaggerating. Her father's perchance for coming home drunk out of his mind had led to quite a few such encounters. "We should definately get together soon! I might be graduating in a short time!!" she sprinted off, turning around to give him a wave.

[topic left unless stopped; trying to close out my pre-exam topics as I can...to get ready for the next stage in her life. XD ]

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ah, ah. Wonderful. Kazuhiko gave a strange, delighted smile. One that he knew that the young woman would not be able to see. He knew now that he had someone to study, someone to get him further into the system. Now, it was going to be incredibly interesting for him. He would take a step back from blood for a while to take a look into chakra, sight, and other such things that allowed a person to be that much more even with a disability. "I do. It'll give me so much more perspective than what I could hope to have without running into something like this. Everyone has the ability to harness their chakra or inner power, so why not give everyone a chance at a normal life?" Yeah, a normal life until he made their life a living hell or something along those lines.

"Now get home, it's late. I don't need to look like a creep or anything escorting a young woman around the village." He'd laugh now, cutting off to a different path. He would give his own wave to match hers. "Good luck with graduation. I'll be sure to show up to the ceremony if that is the case." And with that, the man was gone.

[ Topic left ]
<i></i>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back