Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Stupid Paperwork! [E-Rank SSM Mission]

Murakami Reizo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Reizo could only stare when the older shinobi (a woman who had been injured in the field and restricted to office duty until she had healed further) opened the door to the closet where (supposedly) the paperwork was that he was looking for was stored. He had thought that the work would be troublesome to begin with, but now that he had actually seen the room… he turned his head and looked flatly at the woman.

”Are you serious…?”

”Completely.” the woman nodded slightly, trying not to burst into laughter.

”...That is why you laughed when I told you I was instructed to look for anything with Takuyou-san’s name on it…”

”Heh heh, yup! You caught me~” the woman allowed herself a little giggle, ”Good luck, kid~ They probably don’t expect you to be able to find anything in there. It’s probably just busywork to keep you out of someone’s hair. Or maybe no one else feels like doing it…” she mused for a moment, ”I certainly don’t.”

And with a little wave, the woman turned and walked off, her footfalls the silent ones of one use to field duty rather than pushing papers.

Reizo turned his attention back to the room before him and shook his head slowly. ”This is going to take all day… if not longer…” he briefly pondered whether or not if it took more than one day, would he get paid a little bit more? It hadn’t sounded like a multiple day job when he had taken it… most of the things students were given took a day, if that. He gave a little sigh, another shake of his head, then pulled the key from the lock and stepped inside.

Papers were strewn everywhere, as if people had given up on organization and just begun throwing the folders and such into the room rather than placing them in their proper places. The kid determined his first order of business was to at least pick up and stack all of the loose stuff in piles, that way he wasn’t stomping all over the papers and risking ruining them. He didn’t bother even glancing at the words on the pages and folders, instead focusing on just getting them stacked relatively neatly next to and on top of the filing cabinets. (and of course there were more filing cabinets than he had been led to believe too.)

Then he started looking for information on “Takuyou Koga.” He started with all the loose piles first, skimming the papers but not really retaining any of the information. I do not think anyone realized what kind of information was left in here… if they did, I doubt that they would have a student going through the files… he mused as he skimmed. Any paper with any mention of a “Takuyou” was pulled and put to the side. There were only about three or four in the entire pile of loose stuff.

That left the filing cabinets. The kid went to pull a drawer open and spent about five minutes struggling with the stupid thing before it sprung open and proceeded to spew its contents all over the room (rather like a waterfall, in fact), sending Reizo tumbling to his butt in surprise. He looked on quietly as sheets of paper drifted down, sort of like giant snowflakes, then sighed again. "...this is ridiculous..." he mumbled, half tempted to set the entire room on fire. Not that it would accomplish anything.

Once again, Reizo found himself scooping up scattered papers in the room, putting them in piles and searching for more references to "Takuyou." Again, there seemed to be scarce little information on the shinobi. "There is probably a lot more in the medical files, or in rooms I am not allowed access to..." he commented to the still air around him. At least he wouldn't be responsible for either of those parts...

[MFT, WC: 650]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back