Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

sweetness and compassion (private)

Hansame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With the busy life of a hard working student, even an aspiring shinobi needed a little 'me' time. Hansame had taken a break from making clothes to go over to the richer part of town and spend his money on things. He decided to wear his best clothes for this occasion, a light purple suit with little star patterns, shorts, and shoes with long socks, with them being only slightly dirty, showing signs of tear and repair. Mind that even though he wasn't homeless, he wasn't exactly rich either, and he had to save up quite a bit for a spending trip. Walking down the clean neat streets and amongst the wealthy people who most of them gave him no second looks, which wasn't too bad for Hansame.

Turning a corner and making his way around several people, Hansame finally reached his destination, a rather large shop filled to the brim with candy and other sweets. The optimistic blond's eyes grew wide with amazement and excitement as he dreamily strolled into the shop. Making his way down the seemingly endless isles of candy and sweets, he could barely contain his excitement for the infinite selection of confections and others. Trying to stay calm, the blond looked like, well, a kid in a candy shop, only more quiet and wider eyes as well.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Desert Crown was not Yanjirou's favorite place to visit.. So many people that, to him, were so normal. All the same, but trying so hard to be different, at least different from those (literally) beneath them. But for once, there was something that he needed to do. As much as he used to believe that all "commoners" wore raggedy clothing, as he had been in an attempt to blend in, he was quickly proven wrong upon his first visit to the lower sections of Sunagakure. There were still those few outliers that practically wore rags, but most seemed to wear at least decent clothing for how much they were paid. Which only meant that Yanji would finally be allowed to wear something more fitting of his status while he studied the common folk of the village, so long as he didn't choose anything too expensive.

On his way to the nearest, low(est) cost clothing store in the Crown, however, something managed to catch his eye. A young boy, seemingly around his age, that looked far too happy to be living in the village they were in... After all of the things his father had told him, it didn't really seem possible that anyone could be so excited in this age of war. Nevertheless, it might be something worth looking in to. Who knows? Maybe there was some strange secret the boy knew, that gave him everlasting happiness. While the two walked through the streets, the boy being tailed fit right in, while the young Byakko stuck out like a sore thumb. His current outfit simply wasn't something people saw everyday in such a high class area, so he received many glares from the people passing by him, if not out of anger, then out of confusion. Thankfully, it didn't take long for the happy-go-lucky child to get to where he wanted to go. A candy store...

Yanjirou really didn't have any problem with candy stores, but the fact that he was following someone that he believed might be so interesting, only to end up in the place everyone expected children to go, it was rather disappointing. Yanji stood still for a moment, such an anti-climactic discovery making him question his decisions up till now, before letting out a sigh and going in about a minute after the other boy had. Since he was there, he might as well buy something small before going clothes shopping. The boy approached an aisle that mostly had bubblegum, and stared at many different flavors that costed one yen per ball, occasionally looking up to see what the other child was doing, or to check to see if any other interesting individuals would enter the shop.

Hansame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hansame had no apparent clue that someone had been tailing him into the shop, and completely unaware that that person was still inside of the shop. Continuing to wander aimlessly down the rows and rows of candy, Hansame looked a little overwhelmed by all of the candy, and how he was going to spend his money. Wandering into an aisle full of bubblegum that was fairly cheap, he got a bag and began to fill it up with all sorts of flavors from strawberry to chocolate, but made sure he had enough yen to pay for everything. Brushing off some of the dirt on his clothes and making sure that no adults were watching him, they seemed to get pretty stingy about dirt getting everywhere, and in the process, Hansame laid eyes on another person around his age.

Smiling even brighter at the possibility of a new friend, he stared at the boy with a smile, but then his eyes sparkled when he saw that the boy had...cat ears?! Hansame was a little taken by surprise at first, but slowly accepted the fact and became really curious about them. Moving a little closer to the new possible friend, Hansame smiled in a friendly way, lightly noting the clothes and assumed that he was from part of the lower levels since he hadn't seen many rich folk wearing clothing like that. Feeling a little more comfortable he went over so that he was a bit more closer to the stranger with a smile.

"Hello!" he exclaimed happily, showing no really other change in emotion.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The one thing that Yanjirou never expected to happen, of course, happened.. Instead of accepting the fact that the boy was a stranger, like most would in this village, he instead decided to walk straight up to him and say hello! It wasn't even the kind of hello that was meaningless, where you say it but continue to walk ahead like nothing was ever said. No, the child remained in place after saying it so enthusiastically, and was practically forcing Yanji to reply. Unfortunately for the young Byakko, conversation was never his forte if he wasn't interested enough.

"He-" He took a moment to take a breath in after his first mess up, "Hello?" Maybe, just maybe, the boy would realize he'd made a bit of an awkward situation between the two of them and back off a bit. There was no desire in Yanjirou's little heart to make conversation with strangers currently, but if he must then he would. It might even help to have the boy around, if it meant not having people glaring at him while he walked through the streets.. He would just have to lead them to the clothing store! If the other boy planned on sticking around, that is.

Hansame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The small optimistic blond remained oblivious to the expression and awkwardness of the other boy, he was too caught up with thinking about all of the friend things that they could do together if they were friends, like playing tag and such. Pausing a second to let the other boy speak, he heard the awkward nervous tone the boy had, which caused Hansame to tilt his head slightly, and the gears in his head started to turn. Misinterpreting the stranger's intentions of trying to avoid conversation, Hansame came to the conclusion that the stranger was just a little shy.

Smiling even brighter, an idea popped up in his head; perhaps he could help the possible friend get out of his shell. Nodding to himself, he felt a wave of determination wash over him. "My name is Hansame, er, Ehime Hansame, but call me Hans! It's pretty different here in the upper class area huh? it's my first time here in this area, but i kinda been in the upper class area to deliver some clothes to people. The people here can be kind of mean to lower class, but they don't really mind if you dress like them! It's kind of funny, but it gets hard sometimes for us lower class folk, but it's not so bad!" he smiled, feeling that if he was sort of relatable to the stranger that maybe that would help, but he was just assuming that the other person was from a lower class area like he was.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Things just weren't going his way right now... He was now stuck in a conversation with a boy that couldn't pick up on social queues, and the kid believed him to be someone that was lower class. There was no way he could really blame him though, considering the fact that his outfit was meant to fool people into believing that, it's just that he never expected anyone to call him out on it! Yanjirou's only chance now, was to lie his way out of the situation and hope for the best.

"I've uh... I've noticed that, I actually came up here today to buy some clothes. Until I started foll-" He stopped himself there before revealing what he had done to end up in the candy store, and it wasn't the first time he almost revealed something he shouldn't either.. He'll have to work on that before he starts to learn some actual classified information. Yanji would stand around awkwardly for a moment before realizing he hadn't introduced himself just yet.

"My name is Yanjirou by the way, I suppose you can just call me.. Yanji?" If Hans had a nickname, was it common for a commoner to have nicknames as well? If that were the case, Yanji would have to do. He's never had much of an imagination after all, so any "cool" nicknames that other kids might give wouldn't be something he could think of. Now that he'd given his name, was there a chance the conversation would be done? There were so many interesting things he could be learning right now, that being stuck in such a location was almost mind numbing.

Hansame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hansame still remained blissfully ignorant of the other boy trying to get out of the conversation, and just kept thinking of happy friend thoughts that kept on springing up one after the other. As he rocked back and forth on his heels, the small blond continued to listen to the nearly a friend, or at least that's what Hansame thought their friendship rank was at, instead of the reality happening.

When the cat eared friend brought up the subject of clothes, Hansame's eyes brightened up as an array of thoughts sprang up in his head. Nodding his head excitedly, he waited a bit more while his excitement levels slowly grew and grew along with his smile. When the "near friend" introduced himself as Yanji, Hansame smiled brightly. "Nice to meet you Yanji! I know how to make clothes, and i don't mean to brag, but i do make some pretty good clothes. The stores here have good materials, but their sewing is ok. Hey, i know! I could make you some clothes! What'ya say?! It'll be fun!" he suggested, giving a small hop up and down in excitement. He waited a few moments for any sort of response before looking over at all of the candy then back to the cat eared friend.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The things this kid did were just... Childish, believe it or not. Constantly bouncing around, smiling left and right, and just overall an active individual. It was almost painful to see, but the one thing Yanji had to remember was the fact that the circumstances of his birth and upbringing were likely much different than that of other children. Certainly not a difficult one, but also far from normal. Being raised in an alternate realm where you do nothing but train and study could leave several lasting impressions on a child. Curiosity of the new world being one of many traits the young Byakko had acquired from his 8 years in that place. Of course, he can't say much about how his stay was. Most of his memories about it were blotted out by their so called "god" upon exiting, so the only information retained was anything relating to this world or combat.

Back on subject, Yanjirou raised an eyebrow when the boy mentioned that he could make clothes. It was impressive that a skill that would take someone years to perfect was a profession for someone as young as Hans. Nonetheless, if he could get away with having clothes made for him, and potentially even getting them for free because they're "friends," or whatever Hans believed they were it would be worth sticking around with the kid for a little while longer. Yanjirou would shift his stance as he looked back out to the street, where there were small groups of people walking to and fro. This district really didn't have as many residents as the lower ones, made it seem too cold for his liking..

With a small sigh, he responded, "I suppose we could go do that... I'm assuming you have a workshop of sorts? You lead the way." All of the thoughts about not wanting to talk to his new acquaintance made him forget all about common courtesy, but by the time he would've realized this, it was already far too late. Bowing now and saying "nice to meet you" would just make him seem like an idiot, or perhaps someone who was a bit slow, and neither of those were him. So he would simply wait for Hans' response now that they had decided what they would do with their day. And he could only hope that the clothes made for him are free.. The money he has on him took quite a while to save, and something handmade had to be expensive.
OOC: To the place with the things!

Hansame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed to almost be practically impossible, but the Child of the Ehime clan seemed to grow even more excited when the cat eared buddy Yanji agreed that Hansame could make some clothes for him. He nodded his head a few more times excitedly before running over to pay for his candy, as well as pick up a stick of cotton candy, place the bag of gumballs in his pocket before grabbing the hand of his new "friend" using his free hand and exited the shop. Avoiding the gazes of all the upperclass people staring at him and Yanji making their way out of the rich class area, or the tiny trail of dirt Hans was leaving behind him, the blond happily munched on the artificial goodness as the area around them slowly began to look more and more run down.

When they got to an apartment complex that was sealed off by a large rusty gate, Hansame opened it and held it up for Yanji before walking in. Inside the front desk was empty, but Hansame moved right passed it and went to the stairs. Making his way up the flight of stairs to one near the roof, Hansame opened the door and once again held it open for his pal.

Inside the apartment was filled with an array of racks full of clothes, cloth, and other tools, though it had a certain bright and cheery look to it. Going to a nice quilt full of constellations sewn onto it, Hansame plopped to the ground and sat, motioning Yanji to sit down to. Regardless if Yanji sat down or not, Hansame would smile and reach for a pair of scissors. "So what kind of clothes do you want? plain and simple or maybe something more fancy?" he asked excitedly.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yanji waited by the door as he watched Hans purchase the absurd amount of candy he had grabbed, wondering how he was ever going to eat it without losing all of his teeth because of cavities. The boy would've been stuck in his own little day-nightmare thinking about that if he hadn't been taken by the hand and dragged out of the building. This seemed to be a common thing now, strangers taking him to even stranger places. At least this one wasn't an old man. He couldn't help but wonder how so much dirt could fall off of one boy, especially one that was dressed so well. Even with such raggedy clothing, Yanjirou had no troubles staying clean enough to keep what dirt was on him stuck to his clothes.

It took them quite a while to reach their destination, and the sheer amount of running it took just to get from the upper districts to the lower districts nearly killed the poor little Byakko. While Hans was opening the large rusted gate, Yanjirou was just focusing on trying to catch his breath.. Even with all of the training he had been through, that was a challenge. Once he managed to regain his usual composure, instead of coughing and trying not to die, the boy looked up at the run down building they had come to. It seemed almost abandoned, but if this was where he could get free clothes, it would be worth the risky adventure. Once the two entered the building, it became clear to Yanji that this place practically was abandoned! There was no one running the front desk, and from what he could tell no one making noise in the rest of the complex. It was certainly strange, but he wasn't going to ask questions just yet, he would just hope that no demons pop out of no where and try to kill him.. Scratch that, a demon would be an interesting specimen to study... Might as well just try to summon one if there aren't any in the area.

The apartment only started to look a little better once they reached the young boy's apartment, where there was a mess of brightly colored quilts and clothing littering the room. Just like when they first arrived at the apartment, Yanji had to take a moment to catch his breath before looking around, this time because of the sheer amount of stairs they had to walk up. He would have to add some serious cardio to his training schedule... The boy watched Hans walk to a large quilt and sit down, signaling for him to join in. He complied, and sat next to him before setting his hand on his katana's hilt after seeing him reach for scissors. To him, the boy was still enough of a stranger not to be trusted, so he would have to take some precautions incase it turned out he was some kind of serial killer. But he eased up a little after being asked a question.

"I suppose something in between. I don't want it to be too fancy, but I also don't want it to be too simple. Perhaps a casual dress shirt and some slacks? Also a jacket, I tend to wear a hoo-" The boy reached up to touch his hood as he spoke, but quickly realized it wasn't even on. He went into a panic as he quickly threw the hood over his head to hide his ears. "I uh... I like to hide.. Those." He said timidly under his breath. If he realized sooner that his ears were out in the open like that, he might have been able to avoid their discovery. At least they were in the Desert Crown, most people there already knew about the Byakko clan, so it can't have been too strange for them. Yanji tried to avoid eye contact as he said one last thing, "Make sure you take some measurements before getting started.."

Hansame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was almost funny how oblivious Hansame had been this entire time, in the shop and even making their way downtown. If he had paid the slightest bit of attention to Yanji and what he was doing, perhaps Hans wouldn't have come out as so aggressive towards him, or at least would've asked Yanji about what he wanted to do really, rather then just drag him over to his house. When Yanji placed a hand over his sword, Hansame looked a little confused, mostly because he didn't realize that Yanji was carrying a weapon this entire time, then realized that he was carrying things in his hand that would be classified as weapons, so he placed the scissors back down on the quilt, then took pinch of the cotton candy, which was about half its original size, and placed it over in a jar near them.

Grabbing his trusty notepad, The Ehime child made a quick layout of what he was going to do, but then paused when Yanji's voice suddenly became quieter and much more timid. Looking up, at Yanji's eyes, he saw that his new friend was talking about his ears. Hansame paused, He didn't know what to do, and started to panic mentally, but he looked like he was studying hard on the ears. Trying to think of a solution, he tried to think of what his father would do in a situation like this, then decided to try and act like him in order to solve this problem. Looking at Yanji again after he spoke, Hansame nodded and smiled, only this time, it looked a little more different. Hansame had lost some of the childish energy all around him, and his eyes and smile looked a little more caring, though the cheerful energy hadn't disappeared from him entirely, only a small portion disappeared really.

"Yeah, i'll make sure to cover those ears, and any other part of your head and body too, so don't worry!" he said before blinking a few times and grabbing a tape measure, the childlike energy had returned to himself once again, and he bounded over to his cat eared pal. Beginning to measure out his friend's head, Hansame decided a little more conversation might not hurt. "So, you have a katana! Are you a student too? I kinda want to get strong and stuff to protect people, but still have time to enjoy little things when i grow up, like relaxing strolls along a beach, or eating more sweets! but what is a beach? i'll find out sometime, but i can't wait! What about you yanji? What do you want to do when you get big and strong? Be strong? Hurt people? Maybe become the next Kazekage? That would be fun! But maybe being someone that protects someone else would be nice to!" He went on and on, smiling as he finished up with his measurements.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yanjirou immediately calmed down after the scissors were placed back on the ground, and he quickly realized how silly he was to have reacted like that. Even if there was a chance that he would be attacked, it was idiotic to show that you're aware of the threat. Better to take your opponent by surprise when they try to do the same to you. He watched as Hans placed the remainder of his cotton candy in a nearby jar, and continued to stare as he thought about what to do about the young Byakko's mini heart attack. Hans' smile seemed reassuring enough as he began taking measurements and kept them talking with a different conversation entirely. After ensuring that he would cover his head an ears, Yanji was asked about his future. A question he had been asked recently, but one that he still ad no real answer for. He would just have to wing it to avoid sitting in silence for too long.

"I'm.. Honestly still thinking about what I want to do with my future. Even if all of those examples you gave sound nice and all, being in a position of power or putting myself in harm's way for the sake of others hasn't ever appealed to me. If anything, I would prefer to be the one being protected while remaining fairly unknown. My goal in life, at least right now, has been to learn. There are so many fascinating things in the world, that I couldn't possibly allow myself to miss out on all of it, which is part of the reason that I'm becoming a shinobi at all. It will allow me to visit places and see things that most people would never dream of seeing, so it simply wasn't a chance that I could pass up. Of course, there are limits to where I can go and for how long, but when you can see some of the massive beasts I've read about in Earth Country, it's all be worth it." After talking about what he wanted out of life, Yanji's eyes began to glow slightly while he thought about the different things he could see and do once gaining permission to leave the village. But he also realized he had talked a bit longer than he would've like, so it was time to pass it back to his new acquaintance. And after how long he had been talking, Hans most likely would've finished his measurements.

"Sorry about talking for so long, new things excite me. So you said you want to learn what a beach is? I haven't seen one in person, but from what I've read, it's a - typically sandy - area of land right on the coast. Maybe we'll..." Yanji paused for a moment, as he realized he might regret what he was about to suggest, but quickly continued speaking, "Maybe we'll have to go visit one sometime soon. There's supposed to be some just outside of Suna, but it'll be quite the long walk." With that said, there was no going back. He had no thought in his mind that Hans would listen if he changed his mind, as it seemed the boy was intent on being friends with him. But it shouldn't be too bad.. After all, isn't this what he wanted? To co-exist with the common-folk of the village? If things turned out well, it only meant that all of his effort would finally start to pay off. The moment he was done speaking, Yanjirou would lean back on his hands and watch Hans as he worked, if he had started of course, it would be interesting to see how the clothes on his back were made. His eyes, surprisingly, would remain glowing throughout the entire process as a small smile was pasted on his face. Learning... Is there anything better in life!?

Hansame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hansame finished up measuring and writing them down before moving back to where he sat before. He looked up with a smile with what Yanji's dream was, and instantly was hooked on the idea of traveling around the world and examining the different creatures of each region. It seemed almost familiar to him, but Hansame wasn't picking up anything that would remind him of why that dream sounded so nostalgic. "wow! That sounds pretty cool! So you're kinda like a scientist in a way?" he asked, taking a pinch of cotton candy and put it in his mouth. After a few minutes of drawing some clothes and munching on the cotton candy, he nodded his head in excitement and ran over to the rack to get as much cloth as he needed.

Coming back with mostly grey cloth, though there was a bit of other colors like a nice crimson, Hansame quickly went to work. Cutting out the layout for the pants using one of the darker grey cloth strips, he often checked for any measuring errors, and seeing that he had none, he began to stitch up the pants. “cross that, stitch that….” He mumbled as his hands formed a repeated patterns of sewing back and forth and crossing in an X formation. When he felt that he was satisfied with the leg part of the pants, he then moved over to the waist, where he folded the top part, then slipped a piece of rope like cloth through the top, making the pants adjustable. Then moving on to the dress shirt. Taking a lighter grey, he sis mostly the same with the pants, only with the shirt he didn’t sew it up all the way, leaving a small part open at the top, so it looked like a deep v-neck. Then he went over to a shelf to get a strange metal object. The object was long and rather flexible, looking flat. At a closer glance, it turned out to be a zipper. Hansame looked over at the shirt and smiled. The cloth of the shirt wasn’t cotton like, more of a nylon, but with a softer and less rubbery texture. Attatching the zipper, Hansame caught wind of Yanji’s definition of a beach, and his offer to go to a beach one day in the future, Which Hansame looked absolutely estatic about. “Yeah! We can totally do that, and go to the other lands that you want to go to!! I can protect you if you need to, so no one’ll know who you are! Unless you want to be known. I’ll be there for you and it’ll be lots of fun!” he said before moving over to the Jacket, which he paused.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hmmm, I suppose you could say that, but I would prefer the word.. Researcher." Yanji replied to Hans' comment with a slight smirk, finding someone else that was equally interested in the things he is was... Exciting. Perhaps making friends with this child wouldn't prove to be as bad as he thought it would be. It remained silent for a while after that short conversation, but the two were both occupied with something: Hans with the clothes, and Yanji simply watching him do his thing. The process of making clothing was far more interesting than he ever would have imagined, so many precise cuts and folds had to be made so that the outfit would fit his form perfectly once it was finished. It may even make it more satisfying to wear knowing not only that it was handmade, but how it was made as well. He could take solace in the fact that he knew how each leg fit together, or why the waist fit without even wearing a belt. It would be wonderful! But also awful, if his body does what's natural and grows another foot or so.

Once his acquaintance took a quick break to reply to Yanjirou's earlier comment, he couldn't help but smile a little with him. He was surprised to find that emotions were contagious, like a disease, and the only reason he hadn't felt better about their meeting sooner is because his immune system was better than most. That would be his explanation anyways, it was an awful thought to think that his research subjects would ever make contact with him, and be out of their element as they spoke. Perhaps in the future the two could be more like partners rather than "scientist" and subject... After all, he was made the offer of protection if they were to travel the world together, maybe his "great lord' Byakko arranged this meeting for just such a fate!

Before jumping to any conclusions, he had to make sure.. "So... I've told you what I want to do, but what do you want to do? I know you said you want to live comfortably in the future, and even offered to protect me should we travel, but I can't imagine that's all you have planned for the future/ What branch do you plan on joining? Any specific rank you wish to achieve? All of those are most likely important things you should think about before being made a shinobi, you have to think ahead after all." The young Byakko said, squinting his eyes as he waited for the boy's reply. It would certainly be interesting to find out what kind of goals his future classmates would have, and if there were any chance that someone had similar goals to his own, company... Might be appreciated on any journeys he might take. "Of course, I'm not saying I don't want you to join me on whatever adventures I go on, but it can't possibly be enjoyable playing second fiddle to someone else your whole life. Unless.. You loved them." Just to gauge Hans' reaction, Yanji stared him in the eyes, putting emphasis on the word "loved." It was still a foreign concept to him, but he had read about the different sexualities, and he'd learned from several interactions that the best way to get information at times, is by using sneaky methods. Of course, he had no intentions to be anything more than friends with the boy.

Hansame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While in the middle of cutting out the jacket’s base, Hansame looked over at Yanji when he asked him about what he really wanted to do in the future. Hansame paused to think about what exactly was his plans for his future. He hadn’t really given it much thought, though he was fairly confident about what sort of career he wanted to have. “Well, i want to get the best rank i have, and even better then that! For branches i don’t really have a plan yet, but maybe not the ANBU corps, they seem to be sorta uptight and stingy about what is or isn’t allowed, and i don’t think living like that would be very fun, so maybe i could learn a lot and use my career to help other people!.” he said before taking a quick break to start to sew up the jacket. Though when he got to the hood Hansame paused, thinking a moment before getting out the scissors and cutting out four triangular pieces of cloth and sewn them on the corners of the jacket, and not before cutting out a few small holes, ones that most people wouldn’t see.

He was about to finish up and add some small details when Yanji spoke up again, this time about if he was sure about his offer to protect him, and especially about his reasons for it, which Hansame just smiled happily. “I mean, things like second fiddle isn’t so bad once you get used to it. I just want to see my friends smile, and i’ll have some goals along the way too, and I’m sure we’ll have similar goals along the way too, and most of all, it’ll be so fun, so with all of that, I don’t mind playing the harmony or second fiddle!” he smiled and nodded his head, but then he heard the comment about love. He paused for a moment before a goofy grin formed on his face. “Er love? I mean, you’re the only friend i have, but i haven’t really gotten to know you, so i don’t think i have any feelings about love for you, so i think i’m doing it for friendship and things like that!” he smiled, then went back to the jacket, almost done with it.

When he did finish up with the jacket, Hansame showed it up. The jacket itself looked like a combination of a lab coat and regular jacket, or a lab coat with a hood. He used crimson as the main color with a few grey stripes here and there, but the most interesting feature was the black cat ears on top of the jacket. "Now this way you could just hide your ears in these! Like hiding in plain sight! i cut some holes in so you can hear and so it won't get too hot, and the best part is that i made it a few sizes larger then what i measured, so you can take your time growing!" he exclaimed, smiling happily at his work and at his new friend.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yanji was glad to hear several things from the boy. For example, they both agreed that the ANBU were a bit to strict to get any real enjoyment out of joining them. Not only that, but they would most likely not be leaving the village as often as they would like, which would make it difficult to see the things they wished to see. He was also happy to hear that the other boy wished to learn as well, maybe the act of acquiring knowledge would be more fun with two there to enjoy the experience? After answering his first question, Hans went back to working on the jacket. Things seemed to be coming together at this point, and he was adding some interesting designs onto the hood. At this point, Yanjirou could kind of tell what he was doing with it, and at first he didn't quite know what to think.

Once the hood was practically finished, another question of his was answered, which received an equally exciting answer as the first. "So he doesn't mind fulfilling my dream before his... Interesting." The boy thought, a small smile visible on his face as he began day dreaming some more about the different things they might see... Together, possibly. It was also entertaining to see Hans' reaction to his bluff from before, he almost seemed flustered by the idea of it! But at least he wasn't particularly interested in a romantic relationship either, that wasn't really something children should be thinking about anyways.

It didn't take long for the jacket to be finished, and the result pleased Yanjirou. "Oooo, I like it." He said when it was first held up, but he had to admit that the ears weren't entirely his thing. His twin sister wore a similar kind of jacket, and it might make it a little weird if they had semi-matching jackets. The moment the purpose of the ears were explained, however, it brought a smile to the boy's face. "That could actually be helpful... Although I never really thought about it, I have noticed it's a bit hard to hear when my ears are held against my head by hoods or hats." After taking another moment to admire the craftsmanship that went into the jacket, Yanji would remove his worn one and reach out to take the newly created one. If Hans allowed him to take it, he would immediately put it on and look at himself from any angle he could. As explained, the jacket was a bit baggy on him, but it would leave plenty of room to grow, and may even be something he could wear for quite some time.

Just to see how it felt, the boy threw his hood up and stuffed the ears on his head into their specially designed holes. Thankfully, it was a perfect fit! It practically felt like a second skin to him, and it certainly wasn't something he was used to doing with his ears.

"It all fits wonderfully, thank you Hansa- Hans, sorry." He managed to catch himself before saying his new... Friend's, full name. After all, it would be rude to call someone by a different name than the one they wanted. "Now, I kind of feel obligated to do something for you as well. Is there anything you can think of that might need my assistance?" It was a strange feeling, owing someone. There hadn't been a moment in his life - till now - that the boy actually felt he needed to return the favor. Perhaps it would be a good feeling to help someone else?

Hansame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hansame waited anxiously as he held up the jacket for his friend's response, and felt a wave of relief and happiness when his cat eared pal Yanji said that he liked it. And more, Hansame smiled even brighter when Yanji smiled and gave him the jacket, and when he put it on, Hansame nodded, clearly showing some pride in his work, although he hoped the jacket would survive the weathers that the world gave them. With a bright smile on his face, the small blond was surprised to see that his new friend asked him for anything in return. He thought for a moment about any sort of thing to say that would make it seem like an important favor, but in the end he simply shook his head and his smile grew a bit.

"You don't have to do anything for me, being friends isn't like a i.o.u sort of relationship. But I guess if you're really adamant about trying to find a way to repay me, maybe you could show me where you live sometime? Unless it's an off limits place or you don't want to show me, then it's no problem at all! I could just ask you for something maybe in the future!" He nodded, and then thought for a few more moments before cutting up another strip of cloth to make himself a jacket. He made it in the same fashion as Yanji's the same size, only he had no cat ears on his, and the colors were an inverted version, so grey with the occasional red stripe. Putting his jacket on, Hansame extended his hand out towards Yanji with a bright grin planted upon his face.

"So let's make a promise to stay friends no matter what! I'll protect you and we can go see what the world has to offer. I mean, goals may change, but can we stay friends if that's ok?" He asked, this time for a few seconds his face showed a signs of doubt and worry, but it was quickly covered up by a bright smile.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was good to hear that Hans didn't want anything too significant in return for making the jacket, but what he did ask for might still be a little problematic. His identity was one that he still wanted to keep a secret, and showing him where he lived would only reveal his true self. Maybe he would just have to trust the boy with a little more information than he was typically willing to give, after all, they did plan on being friends for a while. "That would be... Do-able, I suppose." He said with a smile, nodding his head once as he became a little more sure about this decision. "Next time we see each other, I'll be sure to take you there. Or we could plan to go on a certain day, if you'd like." Yanji would watch as his friend went through the same process he did before, making another jacket that had inverted colors to his own. It was amazing how quickly he was able to do it now that it had already been done, and it almost felt good having (basically) matching jackets. Not only would it be easy to identify each other in public, but people would also be able to tell they're together, possibly deterring them from trying anything shady.

To ensure a lasting relationship, Hans even suggested they shake on being friends for a while. It almost sounded like the agreement people make before getting married, "in sickness and in health" and all that. Before he could even think about what he was really agreeing to - not that it was anything bad, just a lifelong commitment - he gripped the boy's hand and smiled in return, noticing the slight look of worry on his face as they both agreed to the suggestion.

"Well, it's been fun Hans. And as much as I hate to say it, it seems our time together has come to an end. As I said before, I'd be happy to show you where I live whenever you want to do so, and..." Yanji paused for a moment as he took a deep breath in, wondering what he should say to give Hans' an idea of where he's from without saying too much, "My last name is Byakko, by the way. Sorry I didn't say it before, it's just not something I trust to strangers usually." As much as he hoped the boy didn't recognize the name after saying it, he till realized that it was a branch of the great Toraono clan, so it was still fairly likely he had at least heard it once before. The young Byakko would turn to begin walking out of the building, turning as he reached the door.

"Thank you again for the jacket, I really do appreciate it." Yanji closed his eyes and smiled once more, waiting for a moment to see if Hans would have anything else to say, before making his way down the stairs. His face would return to his usual, expressionless one as he walked, but he was still excited to see his newfound friend again. But with all of that out of the way, it was time to complete his newly started outfit by buying some nicer clothing to go with the jacket. After that.. Who knows?
Topic Left Unless Stopped

Hansame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hansame nodded his head and Yanji gave the a-ok, even if it seemed slightly reluctant, that he could come over to his house sometime in the near future, and a new cluster of ideas and thoughts as well as imaginations with what the two could do together at where Yanji lived, like playing tag, or maybe find some sweet stuff to eat, like more candy or other things like that. When the small blonde child waited for his friend to shake his hand, a strange new feeling welled up inside of him, not similar to the feeling of love, but something different, something Hansame couldn't really describe. It wasn't entirely a bad feeling, rather the opposite in fact.

It was the moment when his hand shook his friend, the sensation in his head seemed to double in size as Hanse's smile grew along with it. After they let go of the handshake, Hansame took a deep breath and felt a new resolution in his heart. 'Yeah....I'll get stronger, so I can protect Yanji when we explore the world, and not just him, but maybe a lot more people too!" he thought to himself. "no one'll be able to hurt the people i care about, all i have to do is get stronger".

He then looked over at the clock on a wall, finally noticing how late it had gotten since he had originally went to the diamond district. Nodding his head again once Yanji said he had to go, Hansame waved goodbye happily, glad that he made a new, and first friend along with some plans for the future. As the cat eared friend left, Hansame turned to see the shirt and pants folded up on the ground. "huh, he forgot the clothes, i'll just give them to him tomorrow" he said to himself, then moved over to place them on a counter for later, then finally moved to clean up his mess. When he was finished he headed straight to bed even though he usually went to sleep much later. Surprisingly, he almost instantly went to sleep after his head hit the pillow, where he dreamt about the strange places that he and his new friend could go when they grow older.

Topic left

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back