Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Taijutsu 101 Weapons R Us [Class]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Mochizuki Sonoko - NPC
Sonoko sat quietly at the teacher's desk, a warm smile on her face. Today was another fun day with the kids, and she couldn't hide her excitement. She loved children dearly, and being able to teach them was something she adored. She glanced back at the chalkboard behind her, making sure her name was easy to read. Today was going to be focusing on Taijutsu. No, she wasn't going to let the kiddies beat up on each other. It would be more of a lecture, and afterwards she'd be the one to judge their skills. She glanced down at the sheet on her desk, a copy of the one she'd posted in the hall.
Taijutsu: Where Do Your Skills Lie?
If you have a weapon, please bring it.
If not, you will be supplied one.
Classroom T3 - 11am​

She wondered how many students she'd have. What they'd be like. Perhaps she could chat with them when class was over. She'd had minor success the last time she'd given this lecture. How long ago was it? She shook her head, finding it difficult to pinpoint the time frame. Time is such an abstract thing sometimes. Turning her attention back to the door, her eyes almost seemed to sparkle whenever a student would enter. She would urge them to introduce themselves before they took a seat. Class would begin after a short while.
Welcome! If you are interested, please join the class within the next 72-ish hours. I will keep this time limit throughout the thread (unless everyone posts earlier, then I too may post before the deadline). If you have issues getting a post in time, please inform me. Remember, three strikes and you're out!

Click ->Here<- to find weapon creation rules if you would like to have a custom weapon already created. If you want to use this class to help you find your weapon, that's great too! Click Sonoko's Picture if you'd like more details. Please PM me if you have any questions!

Harou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The hallways were crowded with students once again, bumping into each other, gossiping about the latest trends and what they deemed important. Gattsu stood taller than most of them, rather tall for a boy his age at five foot five already. Most of the students avoided or ignored interacting with the new kid, though being thirteen years of age and just entering the academy would put him in a different social bracket altogether. However, Gattsu wasn’t the most social of the students, living most of his life in isolation and concentrating on his shinobi skills as well as studying as there was much he did not know. In his left hand was a sheet of paper, a copy of the sheet that Mochizuki Sonoko posted in the hallway. The brooding boy looked down at the sheet again, checking the location of said class he looked up and saw the classroom which the lesson would be taught. His empty hand grabbed a hold of the door and slide it open, casually stepping in and closing it behind him.

His clothes were old but washed, he wore boots instead of the traditional open toe sandals as he grew accustomed to such footwear during his childhood growing up in the mountains. His hair black and disheveled, the only other thing that stood out besides his height was the ridiculously large sword he had strapped to his back. The blade was large, on the larger end for the adult side yet the way he walked with it seemed that he was accustomed and comfortable with such a large weapon. Unstrapping the sword from his back, he placed the weapon against a window seat, taking a seat as he then grabbed his blade and rested it over his shoulder casually and finally looked up towards the teacher. He hardly showed an expression however a trained shinobi such as his teacher would be able to easily tell that buried in his less then excited expression that he was marveling at how colorful her baby blue hair seemed to stand out. Her orange colored eyes and hair made her seem unreal and he was unaccustomed to such people, though he said nothing and patiently waited for class to start.

Word Count: 375 | Post: 1/5

Ryoko Yamamoto

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sighing softly, Ryo brushed her long hair from her forehead, only to have them slip right back, her dark strands were clearly, as stubborn as she was. She'd kept away from her brother, mostly to not have him suspect her of anything, earlier that day, she'd stolen his time-table and re-written it carefully, so it said that their next class was in T9 and began only after lunch. Knowing him, with that information, he'd probably take the opportunity and bound away to some unexplored part of the village, sure that he'd make it back in time...

She snickered softly at her small victory, but after the mean tactics he displayed this morning, just this, wasn't enough. The girl had to hatch a plan to one-up him. Confronting him and yelling insults aggressively was the way of the past and not an option anymore... Ryo was on the path to being a shinobi and even for the purpose of petty vengeance, her actions would be measured and carefully executed, she'd strike her twin at a time and place where he'd least expect it... and it would cost him.

She was perched upon a log of wood, in an attempt to practice maintaining balance, while the cogs of her mind whirred. Idly, she pulled out the piece of paper which had the schedule for the day inked on it and scanned it, to glean and confirm that the information she possessed, about her next class, was correct. It was a weapon-wielding taijutsu class. Her fist fell into her open palm in frustration, Ryo could have stolen Ryuk's weapons as a bonus step to ensure his ridicule, but the twins hadn't been granted ninja tools yet... The Yamamoto parents believed that their children were too irresponsible to have shurikens or kunais at their disposal, with the way Ryoko was feeling right now, it was probably wise of them.

No matter, she thought, as she gingerly leaped off the log and flicked her hair, the class would provide her with enough to get back at him if he managed to show up that is. Ryoko knew she'd get a sound scolding for nicking the precious Yamamoto heir... But maybe the class would be a good excuse to could land a blow somewhere not too visible, or she could hope Ryuk would display some pride and not want to admit that he got beaten by her... A smirk stretched her lips just at the prospect. Now to class... Despite it only being their first official day, with the help of another student, Ryoko quickly found her way to T3 and slunk in.

She peered into the room and noticed the large-sword wielding guy... Who seemed much older and... roughed up than her. R-something. Rou... Ruo-lan... -kan? she couldn't remember and didn't want to risk making a fool of herself, especially not when he looked like someone who didn't want to be messed with. She just gulped and introduced herself 'Ryoko Yamamoto' and bowed stiffly towards the teacher and then slid into the very first bench. Eagerly, her eyes remained fixated on the kind-looking, blue-haired sensei, her eyes betraying the fact that she was itching for the punching and kicking to commence.​

WC: 537

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Setsu timidly entered the classroom, hoping he wasn’t late. He had been literally tossed from his bed that morning by the dormitory supervisor and ordered to ready himself for classes. Not wanting to incur any further wrath (and risk incineration), Setsu had quietly and quickly done as he was told. The class was being held in room T3, and the teacher, Mochizuki Sonoko, wasn’t one of the staff Setsu had grown accustomed to seeing. Setsu sighed dejectedly. A new teacher meant he had to learn how to act around her from scratch. I’m going to get incinerated for sure this time.

The first student who had entered was tall, grim looking fellow. He wielded a sword that was as tall as he was, and nearly twice the height of Setsu. He didn’t introduce himself when the teacher encouraged him to, instead moving to sit by the window before staring at the teacher with a seemingly bored expression on his face. Setsu made a mental note, Do. Not. Piss. Him. Off. The thought of being skewered, decapitated, or otherwise injured by that monstrosity of a weapon made the boy reevaluate just who he should fear. Comparing the teacher to the brooding boy was like comparing one of those extremely fluffy rabbits to an attack dog.

The student just ahead of him entered and seemed to have a similar reaction to the boy and his gargantuan blade. Introducing herself as Ryoko Yamamoto, she took a seat near the front of the class, looking eager to begin. While not as scary as the first student, Setsu was still a bit wary of the girl. Since this was a taijutsu class, her eagerness probably stemmed from the fact that she considered herself good at it. The young boy had the basics of combat drilled into him during the initial conditioning he went through as a conscripted student, but was not in any way good. He barely qualified to be called competent. Setsu just hoped he wasn’t going to end up a training dummy for his two obviously more skilled classmates.

Now it was his turn to introduce himself. Visibly shaking, he gave a slight bow to the rest of the class before quickly mumbling, “Suzuki Setsu.” He took a seat a few rows behind the girl and several desks away from the boy, staring nervously at the teacher, but also occasionally making small glances at the imposing figures of the other students in the class. If he was lucky, this class would be over quickly and Setsu would come away unscathed.

WC: 427

Ryuzaki Yamamoto

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryu had a blast in the morning class. He was no genius. There were many students who were far superior to him, but that didn’t bother the kid. He was happy experimenting with the weapons and learning the basics. The boy couldn’t wait to get to the next class and learn more things. He only wished it wasn’t some boring history class. To his surprise, when he opened his schedule, he noticed that the rest of his morning was free. He found that very hard. From what he heard from his father, the academy always packed classes so tightly together that the students barely have time to empty their bowels. The still naïve boy presumed they were taking it easy on them because it was just the first day for them. And so, he began roaming the grounds lethargically, seeing if something caught his interest.

Unaware that he actually had a Taijutsu class in about ten minutes, Ryu strolled the corridors keeping away from the busy students without a care in the world. Eventually, he got so bored that he decided to leave the campus and come back after lunch, which was when he believed the class began. Luckily, on his way out, he decided to stop by the notice board to see the current happenings at the Academy, and saw a very familiar name on one of the sheets posted up. Mochizuki Sonoko? The boy wracked his brain to figure out where he had heard or read that name before, and finally remembered it was in his schedule that he had read her name. To his surprise, however, the sheet on the notice board stated that the Taijutsu class would happen in less than five minutes at classroom T3 and not in the afternoon.

The confused Yamamoto boy pulled the schedule out of his pocket and compared it with the one on board. After a close inspection, it was obvious that someone had meddled with his schedule. He didn’t have to think too much to know who it could be. RYOKO! he screamed within his head as he dashed towards classroom T3.

Thanks to his Seikon blood, the boy was rather quick with his feet. He did everything from jump over, push, slide under and whatnot to every other kid he met on his way, getting insults from every direction possible. But the boy didn’t care. He was not going to let his sister get back at him. After an extremely exhausting sprint, Ryu finally reached the classroom, just on time. “Ryuzaki… Yamamoto…” he introduced himself to his sensei as he entered the classroom. After all that running, Ryu was breathing heavily. He walked to one of the empty seats far from his sister, all the while squinting at her devilishly.​
WC: 462| Post: 1/5​

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sonoko watched the muscular boy walk across the room and settle into a seat by the window. She gave him a simple smile, not too warm, just genuine. He seemed rather rugged compared to her usual students and she feared that if she came on too strong, it would make him see her as weak or untrustworthy. Sonoko made a note to speak with the boy after class, perhaps get him into a more social environment.

The Mochizuki's attention was pulled away from the mystery boy when a young girl entered with a stiff bow. Sonoko gave a small wave and chuckled to herself. "No need to be so rigid Ryoko-chan. I promise I do not yell." It was true, in her years of teaching the woman had never raised her voice to a student. In place of screaming, however, she had mastered a scarier technique...the disappointed mother act. It did wonders on her multitude of siblings, and had caused a few students to break down in tears. Sonoko glanced between the gruff guy and the little lady, wondering if either of them would be susceptible to such antics.

When a small boy slunk into the classroom, the teacher knew instantly that this lad would crack under even the tiniest amount of guilt. Sonoko gave Setsu a reassuring smile. "My, what a splendid cast of characters I have in my class today. With only a few minutes left to wait, I wonder what last minute additions we will have?" She rose from her chair and began sifting through a small stack of papers. She looked to the clock and walked to the door.

As she reached for the lock, a boy burst in, causing Sonoko to have a case of déjà vu. Hearing his name, the Mochizuki couldn't help but laugh out loud. "That look in your eyes tells me everything I need to know." She placed a hand on her hip and shook her head, causing her long braid to sway. "I am all for sibling rivalry. I dare say it builds character. Just make sure it does not interrupt my class. Pranks during a weapon demonstration will not be tolerated."

With all the students situated, Sonoko grabbed one more sheet of paper from the desk and slowly approached the desks of each student. "As it says on the board, I am Mochizuki Sonoko. You may refer to me as Mochizuki-sensei, Sensei, Teach, anything your heart desires as long as it shows proper respect." She approached Ryuzaki first and placed a sheet in front of him. "Please take a moment to fill out this small questionnaire. It will help me get a better idea of your fighting style, should you have one, or let me help you find one." She handed one to Ryoko. "When you are finished, bring them to me. Take your time answering if you need it. If others get done before you, they can learn the art of patience." She slipped a paper onto Setsu's desk, directing her next statement more towards the cowardly boy than the others. "If you need help, just ask." The last sheet was placed before Gattsu. Sonoko bent down and lowered her voice so the others couldn't hear. "I am sure I already know the answer you will put down, but this way I can get your name without calling you out." She gave him a playful wink before returning to her desk at the front.
Questionnare said:
1) Do you have a weapon with you? Yes/No
If Yes, what? __________
If No, proceed to question 2.

2) Is there a fighting style you are interested in? Yes/No
If Yes, what? __________
If No, proceed to question 3.

3) If you do not have a weapon, are there any tools you have used in your everyday life? Yes/No
If Yes, what? __________
If No, think harder.

Once all her students handed their answers in, Sonoko clapped her hands together to get everyone's attention and addressed the class. "Alright children. Today we will learn about the very basic styles of fighting. First I will lecture on accuracy verses power. We'll move on to weapon types and their secondary effects. Next I will have you demonstrate a weapon strike, followed by a discussion on weapon augmentation. At the end of class, I will teach everyone a Taijutsu move." The woman walked out from behind the desk and began her lecture. "When we fight with our bodies, our intent means everything. How we move, where we strike, what we use. In order to fully embrace the ways of physical combat, we must look within ourselves and ask our intent. Do we want to ensure we hit our target? Or perhaps we want to put everything we've got into our attacks? These are important questions to ask, and will truly define the shinobi or kunoichi you will become."

The sensei stepped forward and turned her back to the children. Sonoko went through a set of hand seals and two shadowy clones rose from the ground in front of the chalkboard. Her left hand moved to the pouch resting on the small of her back. Slowly she pulled out a kunai, one that looked a little smaller than the average sort. In a motion so fast it would be missed by most of the children, Sonoko whipped the weapon at the neck of the left clone. Though the weapon didn't imbed far into the clone's neck, it had landed in exactly the location Sonoko had intended. The clone dissipated and the kunai clattered to the floor. Next her right hand moved to the pouch, and pulled out a kunai that was larger than the generic kind. Those close enough to her might see her body strain for a brief moment before she was gone. Looking to the remaining clone, Sonoko stood before it, obviously in a position that told she had lunged at the makeshift enemy. The woman hopped back, showing that the kunai had almost disappeared entirely into the stomach of her shadow victim. Only the very end of the handle was visible. Like the last, the shadow clone melted away and the weapon fell. In a fluid motion, Sonoko walked to her weapons and scooped them up, placing them in her pouch.

Looking again to the children, she scanned their expressions. Were they impressed? Bored? Did they understand what she had intended to show them? "What I demonstrated was the difference between accuracy and power." She opened her arms to her students. "Now I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on accuracy versus power. What are the good and bad of each one? In your opinion, which is more important? Even if someone has said the same as you, please say what you think anyway. I want to hear it in your own words." She pointed a finger up and tilted her head. "This is for participation points. If you're shy, please write it down and I will read it aloud." Sonoko smiled as she looked to each student.
OOC said:
Class Start! Now that everyone is in, there is no posting order. Post whenever you get the chance. Remember the time limit though. If your character would ask Sonoko for help on the questionnaire, pm me whatever question they may have and I will get back to you asap so you can put it in your post. If your character is going to write down his/her response to the accuracy vs power question, then just state that Sonoko read it out loud to the class. She won't judge or ridicule.

To make sure we are all on the same page, this class will hopefully help you to OOCly think about how weapons work, but I am 100% not a battle build maker. Comments by Sonoko will be what would make IC sense based on personality, weapon type, etc of the students. If any of you would like to make your weapons based on build instead of rp, then Junko's class might help you more with that.

Ryoko and Ryuzaki, for definitive papertrail purposes, please state at the end of your next post (either putting "OOC:" in front of it or in quotes like this) whether this is the thread you will be treating as your class, or if this is a free rp.

Harou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The precious silence that Gattsu yearned would seem be cut short. His expression hardly changed as the students began to arrive in the classroom, however he glanced briefly at his classmates, making mental notes of each one. The first to arrive after him was a petite young girl who if he remembered correctly was part of a set of twins at the academy. He hardly paid attention to her, but from what little he could recall from the young girl, she seemed to have a sibling rivalry relationship with her twin. She like many others at the Academy actively avoided him which he preferred regardless. He barely noticed the second young boy arriving into the classroom. His timid nature and fearful demeanor made him seem extremely weak and pathetic in the cynical young boy’s eyes. If he had any empathy, he would feel sorry for the boy though realistically he just deemed him useless and ignored that boy too. Seemingly on the later end, the last student to arrive was the second of the twins, the girl’s brother. It was almost creepy how alike they look, if the girl had cut her hair to stylize it as her brother’s, they would certainly be indistinguishable. Did that mean that the young girl had masculine qualities or that the boy had feminine qualities? Not that it mattered much, in typical Gattsu fashion he quickly lost interest in his classmates and wondered if anymore would arrive.

Noticing his instructor smiling at him, he shifted his gaze out of the window, failing to reciprocate the gesture. Something about her felt off to him though he couldn’t quite put his finger on it. He quietly listened to the instructor upon realization that she quickly deduced the girl as a tad bit stiff. He paid attention to the instructor without gazing at her, paying attention to her as she seemingly calculated each of her student’s personalities and seemingly was already evaluating each one of them. He realized what felt off, she seemed nice and genuine to the point he seemingly almost mistaken her as weak, but as she kept speaking he realizing that she was far more calculating and seemingly far more intelligent than she let herself be portrayed as. People such as her were difficult for Gattsu to handle, he felt it was a constant challenge of wits and they could be cunning if required to be, psychologically calculating to the point of manipulation, or at least that was his impression. He couldn’t explain why, but an instinct emerged telling him not to underestimate this seemingly sweet woman.

Class was starting. He was seemingly the eldest child there. It stuck him like a lightning bolt, “Taijutsu 101”. This was a beginner class seemingly for first timers. Unfortunately, despite his Taijutsu experience with swordsmanship, he lacked the credit as he was enrolled fairly late at thirteen years old. A small sigh escaped him though he realized he could probably have his style better refined for better movement and less wasted energy. Recently during his sword practice, he felt that his muscles tensed at inappropriate times. Such tension was decreasing his mobility and milliseconds of speed. He had been having difficulty with changing his rigid stance to accommodate such movements. Perhaps despite being a 101 class, the instructor would be skilled enough to help him correct his stance and allow that movement to be adjusted properly he thought.

He listened half-heartedly to the instructor’s explanation. Her eyes seemed to track one student in particular when enforcing her statement on aid. He narrowed his eyes slightly, she was most definitely calculating woman, despite her seemingly small statute. Actually, he just realized his five foot five frame nearly reached her. He had every intention of keeping to himself and not drawing attention to himself he thought, definitely don’t need someone like this involved in my affairs.

As the papers were passed out, the instructor whispered to him with a seemingly playful expression. “Tch”</B><i></i> he thought, already stood out. There went Plan A apparently, up in flames and into the trash bin. Though skilled at swordsmanship, he wasn’t the best with social interaction. He wasn’t attempting to be mean per se, he simply lacked emotional connections and seemingly failed to grasp social norms that a more civilized student would comprehend. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, realizing he just let her know he didn’t like the extra attention. “Tch” he seemingly repeated, he just gave her the edge, as if this was a mental battle between cat and mouse.

He looked around the class at the other students. Was he the only one with actual combat experience? He had a hard time believing these seemingly normal kids had ever taken a life. His eyes seemingly went blank as he seemingly remembered the blood on his hands. “Killer” he heard a voice whisper silently. He sighed ignoring the voice again. “Bathe in their blood” he heard it whisper again, “Shut up” he seemed to quietly tell himself. He was seemingly going mad lately, he simply blamed it on his lack of sleep and looked down at the questionnaire.
Questionnaire Answers said:
1) Do you have a weapon with you? Yes
If Yes, what? Claymore Long Sword

2) Is there a fighting style you are interested in? Yes
If Yes, what? Slashing – Physical

3) If you do not have a weapon, are there any tools you have used in your everyday life? Yes
If Yes, what? Throwing Knives

He carefully placed the piece of paper down. It would likely go unnoticed by most, but he carefully placed it on the upper left corner of the desk, perfectly an inch from each side of the desk. He seemed to have been developing an obsessive attention to detail, he felt that every shinobi should be trained to notice subtle details, that it would perhaps change their outlook and allow them to notice traps easier and possibly save their lives one day. Despite his gruff exterior, Gattsu was a boy of extreme focus and dedication. He pushed himself far harder than most, his bloodied and bruised hands that hid under bandages hid that fact very well. He believed in training his body, mind and spirit as if it was his sword. A dull edge was a broken edge, it was important to him to sharpen his skills and tactics. Though seemingly lacking motivation, he felt discipline was far more important.

“Dammit” he thought as he watched the instructor, he could hardly follow the blade strike her clone. In reality he barely kept up the blur of her blade. She was incredibly skilled, he marveled at the sheer skill she possessed. He wondered if any of his other classmates followed the blade as he himself could hardly be considered following it. The second blow was noticeable slower though had more penetrative power. A perfect example of accuracy versus power. Her body was better suited for small accurate pinpoint precision he thought to himself, but she seemed to still have mastery over the heavier objects as well, he wondered what her natural fighting style was. Had he been the one she struck, he would still be processing and dead on the floor, that thought disturbed him. He had a long way to go.

Participation? He had to speak? How pathetic, he wasn’t so much shy as he was more annoyed and uncomfortable with being the center of attention in anything. He couldn’t afford to fail however as despite the massive lack of experience, he at least understood the fundamentals of the lesson.<B> “Theoretically, assuming you are fighting an opponent of equal skill, build, and power, speed and accuracy would be a colossal advantage. However, that is not always the case. Accuracy has the advantage of being able to hit vital areas, causing tremendous damage to the target. However, it’s more important to equate accuracy with speed accuracy as one could be accurate though slow. In your example you showed quick accuracy while maintaining velocity and were able to pinpoint the damage location. However, depending on the situation it would take longer against a physically dominant opponent. Power allows more penetrative abilities, inflicting severe damage at the expense of having slightly less accuracy in terms of hitting the precise area such as small nerves or small vital areas. However, against a particularly defensive opponent, experience dictates that power could break through their defenses far more effectively than weaker accurate strikes would. It’s important to understand your physique, habits, and general style while also adapting to the differences between yourself and your opponent. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages” he stated calmly, albeit with boredom as he continued looking out the window, not once making eye contact with anyone in the room. It obviously showed that he wasn’t shy so much as hated socializing, he felt comfortable in the subject of Taijutsu though he was looking forward to hearing the instructors explanation as he knew his rudimentary explanation would eventually be expanded, possibly corrected with more expertise, and that he would learn more. He always had respect for powerful opponents, such he figured he should respect his instructor at this time.

Word Count: 1536/1911|Post 2/5

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her tears dried, her hand was set and healed. The bruises faded, scars lingered as phantoms of her weakness but she survived them all. Tenko was better than her and not by some small amount. Her clever tricks wouldn't win the day because no matter how hard she struggled she learned an absolute truth that day.

Nanami Hideaki was weak. The strong would be able to beat her, and if they could beat her then her life was not her own, it was theirs. She would die if they wanted her to die. Someday one of them would want her to.

There was the faintest glimmer that revealed itself in all of this, in the midst of her fight with Tenko she saw there was a chance, a power she had that she did not fully understand. She would train, she would learn, she would put everything of herself into her lessons and she would become strong. So strong that nobody could hurt her, nobody could take her life from her.

And she'd make it up to Tenko too.

This training, the effort she put in every day, had its price. Her body, already worn from the normal lessons was running on near empty. This was what led to the inevitable, a lesson she'd arranged to take on the use of weapons with Taijutsu, another idea given to her from her experience with Tenko had already begun by the time her weary eyes open to a new day.

The blankets exploded off of her, thrown with a sudden panic and anger the left them in a heap beside her bed. She rolled to her feet and sprang across the room. She was dressed in the clothes from the night before. A quick sniff and a wrinkle of her nose suggested that it wasn't ideal not to change, but she had little choice. She stepped into her sandals and grumbled, feeling her fatigue wrestle with her towards the bed. She'd slept in and it still wasn't. She raised her hands and slapped her cheeks gently to try to shrug off the rest of the fog and bolted out the door and through the academy.

Her rapid footsteps sounded out through the academy towards the classroom. The door was closed, never a good sign. She reached for the doorknob and tried it gently, to not give away if it turned out that-yep it was locked. She stepped back from the door and scanned left to right, looking up to a window nearby. Hrmph.

She neared the wall and took a breath, two quick steps and then a hop, she braced her foot against the wall and pushed upward with all her might, snatching the bottom of the window frame. She pulled herself up to the edge and craned her neck, giving a quick scan of the room before trying to drop quietly into the back.

Whew. She huffed out a breath and glanced about. No. There was definitely no chance at all she got in undetected. She turned towards the teacher with a very serious expression and knelt. "I'm very sorry I was late, please forgive me, I can stay to clean up, or...whatever it takes."

Her name? Of course. "Nanami Hideaki. I-it's very nice to meet you." She pulled herself up and bowed politely. The teacher looked interesting for someone who taught Taijutsu Weaponry but honestly, all of the teachers were a pack of weirdoes. This one had a kinda cute outfit, at least. She knew a bit about her, seemed friendly enough? She took the questionnaire quickly and wrote down.

No
Yes, unarmed but a sword or blade also
And she left the third one blank as instructed.

She considered briefly, a blunt weapon. Maybe if she understood it would help her figure out how to fight against it. She decided not to in the end and handed the questionnaire over and surveyed the rest of the class. She knew none of them all that well which was fine with her. She'd give them each polite nods if they looked at her when she looked at him and turned her attention back to the lesson.

She listened to Gattsu's answer. It was a well-measured answer, but not really commital, she decided to go another route with hers.

"I think accuracy is the most important. Being able to land a hit matters way more than how much it hurts because it means if you're clever enough to avoid them in return you can win the fight. Plus, being able to hit lets you do way more than just hurt them if you have the right techniques at your disposal. Poisons and stuff, distractions, all of these things only need to hit, not hurt, to be effective."

794 words, post #1

Ryoko Yamamoto

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryoko noticed another boy walk in after her, he seemed to be shivering and Ryoko assumed it was the cold, because had it been fear, why would he be here to be a Shinobi and stuff? She nodded at him, in an attempt to be approachable, should he consider it, turned out he didn't so she just shrugged and faced the sensei again. She relaxed visibly, just to put the teacher at ease post the woman's sweet assurance. Ryoko took a few deep breaths, her stoic nature dissolved and she nodded, smiling at the teacher.

The woman seemed kind-hearted, sparkling eyes and all, her words were soft and encouraging. Even with the students being scarce in number, Mochizuki Sonoko maintained her passion and eagerness to teach. Ryo hoped they'd be blessed with teachers like this often, a good sensei can really bring out the best in student, she thought... Lost in the dreams of a future momentarily.

The girl gleamed and was playing the part of a good innocent little student, that's until Ryuk showed up, her eyes instantly narrower, her stance went rigid again. What was he doing here? so just like his plan had failed earlier this morning, hers had too, damn. He was breathless and she hoped the exhaustion would weaken him, so a gentle smirk still played on her lips, she flicked her hair and scoffed, turning her head away to avoid his stare.

That was enough of a clue for the teacher who spotted their rivalry immediately. She sort of encouraged it too, except for the warning, which made Ryo cringe, like the older woman had seen right through her plans. She looked at the woman guiltily, despite not even committing the crime she intended to. Ryo nodded and made a silent, solemn promise, to not do anything crazy with weapons, She then folded her hands grumpily, wondering how long she'd have to find another time to get back at Ryuk.

She listened carefully as the teacher introduced herself and picked the traditional sensei to add after the teacher's name. The students were given their first task and Ryo nibbled on her pencil as she read the questions they were pretty straightforward, so she quickly got to work on the answers for them. For the first, it pained her yet again, to admit she had no weapon and wrote she wrote that down redundantly, as she stubbornly decided to do whatever it took to convince her parents to change that today. She hoped they'd be provided weapons for any trials later in the class... Or she could borrow from someone maybe...

On the second, she was divided between the two types of taijutsu, she had heard would aid a Seikon like herself... So she jotted them both down. On the third, she wondered how often the teacher meant... She'd thrown the occasional shuriken and kunai while practicing on the occasional days that she could trap her brother into indulging her, despite her parents' strict forbiddance. She ended up mentioning that she used them on Ryuk, then added only to practice and then, in her nervousness about the teacher's warning, struck the whole thing out.
1) Do you have a weapon with you? Yes/No
If Yes, what? No weapon.
If No, proceed to question 2.

2) Is there a fighting style you are interested in? Yes/No
If Yes, what? Slashing and Piercing would be great!

3) If you do not have a weapon, are there any tools you have used in your everyday life? Yes/No If Yes, what? I do throw shuriken use kunais on my brother... when we practice sometimes.
If No, think harder.

Just as she finished, the teacher demonstrated the difference between power and accuracy on two shadow clones, since she was on the first bench, she saw it all pretty clearly, her mind debated, she preferred the grace of the first, but the second's raw power did the trick too. The teacher posed a question and the sword guy gave a rather winded response, Ryo tried to keep track of it, but automatically summarised it to 'It depends on the situation, sensei' which she piped up with, as her own answer. She could elaborate if the teacher asked her to, but she didn't want to stop others from placing their responses too, unless it was Ryuk, in which case she'd find some reason to butt in, she decided and nodded, gently.​

WC: 690

Choosing this as a social RP

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The last person to enter was a young girl, or boy, with short hair who breathlessly introduced herself as Ryuzaki Yamamoto. Setsu felt a strange sense of deja vu, as he could have sworn that the this person had entered before him. And he thought her hair was longer. His eyes darted to where the the one who called herself Ryoko was seated, she was still there albeit with a look of annoyance on her face. The short haired doppelganger gave a devilish grin towards Ryoko before taking a seat himself, or herself. A few confused seconds passed as Setsu wondered whether or not some shinobi magic was at work, but he finally understood when Mochizuki-sensei pointed mentioned something about sibling rivalry. The instructor seemed oddly excited about the prospect, nostalgic even. Setsu was just glad the two of them would be directing any aggression they had towards each other and not him.

Mochizuki Sonoko moved to close the door, locking it once shut. No backing out now, the young student thought as the class began in earnest. The teacher walked around to everyone and handed out forms, asking that they be filled out. When Setsu got his, he scanned the paper quickly reading the questions. Do I have a weapon? Well, he didn't. A glance at the taciturn boy best the window and his large blade made him wonder if the fact he didn't already have a weapon was weird. He marked no and moved on to the second question as instructed. What fighting style am I interested in? He wasn't sure what that question meant. His basic combat crash course he received after being conscripted had really only covered punching sometime and then trying to not get punched in return. I guess I'll just say no for now. He moved on to the third question. Are there any tools I have used? Finally a question he could answer. Growing up in a small lumber town meant that everyone learned how to use at least a few tools: axes, saws, chisels, lathes, and carving knives. So Setsu wrote that down and handed the form to Mochizuki-sensei.

Setsu momentarily relaxed after filling out the questionnaire but a noise from the back of the classroom once again startled the boy. He turned to see another girl enter. She was taller than Setsu, with unkempt white hair and piercing brown eyes. She seemed similar to the boy with the greatsword, someone who excelled in combat. But she had arrived late. What was her punishment going to be? Setsu knew that some of the other teachers could be quite brutal with tardiness, who knew what kind of terrible punishments Mochizuki Sonoko hid behind that sweet smile. Setsu waited for the hammer to fall on the newcomer, but it never did. She was just instructed to fill out the form same as everyone else. He let out a breath he didn’t realize he was holding. Good, if we do any sparring, the twins can fight each other and this girl can fight the other boy. Hopefully, Mochizuki-sensei pulls her punches versus students. Setsu definitely didn't want to fight any of the present company, but the teacher would probably hold back to ensure he wouldn't get hurt, right?

Setsu corrected his initial thoughts immediately following the demonstration. He didn't want to fight anyone in this room. Mochizuki-sensei’s kunai were on point. The first seemed to vanish from her hand and reappear only after striking a vital spot in the neck. And the second lodged itself in its clone, only being removed once the thing dissipated and the weapon clattered to the classroom floor. Setsu knew the targets weren't real, just another bit of shinobi magic, but he could imagine himself in the same position as the clone all too easily. He also made a note to try to avoid using weapons that emphasized brute force. The young boy wasn't sure he'd be able to commit to swinging a weapon if there was a chance it could get stuck in someone.

Mochizuki-sensei's next task for the class was to in their own words explain the difference between the two attributes to melee combat and give their opinion on which is the superior quality. Thankfully the option to simply write the answer down and have the teacher read it aloud was available, Setsu knew he didn't have the courage to honestly speak his mind in front of all these strong willed individuals. The older looking boy was the first to respond. For as gruff and silent as he was at the start of class, he had a lot to say on the subject of battle. His explanation went over Setsu's great though, velocity, speed accuracy and quick accuracy, were among the things that confused the boy. He knew velocity had something to do with speed, but did it affect speed accuracy? And was that the same as quick accuracy?

Before Setsu could think on it more, the girl who called herself Nanami Hideaki spoke up. She flat out said accuracy was better, because it opened up more options in a fight. Setsu wasn't sure if she was right, but she sounded confident, and he basically understood what she was saying. The young boy began to write down his answer, intending to agree with Nanami. As he was writing Ryoko chimed in with her take on the matter. A simple, one-sentence answer. After hearing that, he had to reconsider his response, and the gruff boy's response as well. What the stoic shinobi-to-be clearly defined, and the snarky girl succinctly summarized was that it was important to be aware of both precision and power and use them both where most appropriate. He finished writing and handed the paper to Mochizuki-sensei.

“In a way it’s kind of like woodcarving. To get the best results you have to use the right tools on the right materials to get the desired results. It’s not like combat, but if you take a hammer and chisel to balsa you’ll snap it, and a small carving knife will barely scratch tougher woods like oak. I like working with balsa wood myself, agree with the boy with the sword and Yamamoto-san. Though I think I’d stay away from extremes.”

He flushed as she read his statement out aloud, including the bit he thought he had scratched out. The idea to have Mochizuki-sensei read his thoughts aloud had backfired, it was ten times more embarrassing to listen to his words while the rest of class stared at him. He kept his eyes rigidly focused on his desk and wished he could be anywhere else but here. There was still that other twin right? Hopefully, his or her response would be enough to draw attention away from him and back to the class.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sonoko gave a small nod with each page given to her. She quickly read their contents, keeping the key points of each one in mind. Ryuzaki was the only one that hadn't given his sheet to her, and she gave him a curious look. He seemed a little fidgety, so she decided to let him keep his paper while she let everyone give their answers to her questions. She politely smiled at everyone's responses, and read Setsu's reply with a chipper voice. She chuckled a little at his aside, letting the students hear it so they could use it as a means to bond with him. Still Ryuzaki was quiet, and she cocked an eyebrow in his direction. She motioned to the door as she assumed his predicament. "Ryuzaki-kun, if you are feeling a little queasy, you have permission to use the restroom. However, I will have you stay a little late to hear any parts you miss."

Sonoko walked to the chalkboard. She wrote accuracy and power on the board and began filling in the pros and cons. "Those were lovely answers." She turned to point the chalk at Gattsu and Nanami respectively. "I appreciate Roukan Gattsu's and Nanami-chan's in-depth answers. If my explanation does not convey correctly, I do hope theirs helped you." She returned her attention to the chalkboard. "As Ryoko-chan mentioned so simply, it depends on the situation. Nanami-chan is correct that without accuracy, ones power does little for them. However Setsu-kun's tree metaphor brought up a good point. Accuracy with a knife will do little against a large tree." She drew a heart between the two words when she was done and clapped her hands lightly to remove the access chalk powder. "Do not forget that a healthy balance is also an option. But most importantly..." Sonoko pulled her weapons from her pouch yet again and spread them across the table. There was a wide assortment of kunai, ranging in size and shape. "Variety is the spice of life. While it is perfectly acceptable to wield one weapon for the rest of your life, do not be afraid to experiment. Having the right weapon at the right time could save your life."

The Mochizuki woman tapped her cheek lightly and frowned. "I was hoping my special guest would be here, but it appears my brother is as inconsistent as always." At that moment, an arm slapped over the windowsill and a man's head popped up. "I-I'm here. I would have been here sooner if you hadn't locked the door. If you knew I was coming, why did you lock me out?" Sonoko waved off the odd man's question. "You were late to my class. Guest or not, I have to keep standards. Perhaps I should make you sweep the classroom with Nanami-chan after this?" She gave the white-haired girl a playful wink before motioned for the man in the window to come in. "Class, this is my younger brother, Mochizuki Tomo. He has agreed to help me with my lecture. Please treat him as you would me." The new visitor tossed a large sack into the classroom before following suit. After introducing her sibling, Sonoko grabbed a sheet of paper, scribbled something onto it, then handed it to Tomo. He looked it over and gave a nod. The man sat at the teacher's desk and slid the kunai collection to one side. He then placed the sack beside him and revealed its contents. A large block of clay was within, and Tomo pulled a large chunk from it while Sonoko returned to her lecture. "Next on our agenda is weapon types and their specialties."

The woman looked to her brother, who opened the palm of his hand and dropped the clay into it. The piece disappeared, and the sound of chewing filled the room. Soon after, a hilt appeared in Tomo's palm, and he tugged at it. A small, white sword emerged from the opening in the man's hand. Sonoko took the blade and held it up for the class to see before swinging it to the side. "Slashing weapons are one type. They are commonly used to cause your enemies to bleed. A bleeding foe will slowly lose their health, allowing you to either act defensively and await their eventual downfall, or continue your assault to not let them rest to patch themselves. Slashing weapons are also capable of slowing your enemy, which we in the shinobi line of work like to label as 'suppression'. By causing 'suppression', opponents can become dazed and possibly lose their chance to respond in full. This can be helpful to disrupt your enemies' plans." While Sonoko spoke, Tomo continued crafting weapons out of clay. He had already crafted a small hand axe, a kunai, a few shurikan, and a hammer. The female Mochizuki grabbed the hammer from the table and lightly pounded it against her palm. "Another weapon type is bludgeoning. While they also can cause bleeding, usually internally, they are far more useful at stunning enemies with suppression." Sonoko grabbed the dagger and stabbed at the air. "Piercing weapons use a thrusting style of fighting and are also capable of causing enemies to bleed. They are also used to perform pinpoint strikes, allowing one to focus on specific body parts. It takes great mental concentration to cast Genjutsu, so a strike to the head could reduce a shinobi foe's ability to use said jutsu. Attacking legs can be make dodging more difficult. Such effects could be quite helpful in battle if used properly." Looking back to the table, where there was now a boomerang, a pair of knuckle guards, a slingshot, a hand crossbow that Tomo was currently stringing, and a small clay teddy bear with joints and sharp claws. Sonoko grabbed the crossbow from Tomo's hand and acted as if she shot a bolt out the window. "Projectile weapons are any kind that shoot something from them. Bows, crossbows, and firearms fall into this category. Depending on how you use them, they can bleed your opponents, daze them with blunt ammo, or pinpoint strikes, though not as precise due to the distance you generally want to shoot from." The teacher grabbed the shuriken next and spun it on her finger before tossing it up and down. "Thrown weapons are just that, weapons you throw. They are similar to projectiles weapons, though they are not as useful for hitting specific body parts. Instead, they have the benefit of keeping your hands free to use hand seals for Ninjutsu and Genjutsu." Sonoko punched the air, then pumped her fist. "Unarmed, of course, also is a hands free approach. You can also daze someone with a well aimed smack." She held up a knuckle guard for everyone to see. "While not mandatory, giving your hands or feet protection is something to think about." Lastly the woman grabbed the clay bear from the table. She placed it on the ground and held her fingers over it. Small trails of chakra connected the clay creation to her hand. She wiggled her fingers, causing the bear to dance. "The final weapon type to discuss are puppets. Depending on how they are built, they can cause suppression, bleeding, or allow you to cast non-offensive jutsu a bit faster than normal. I will be honest, they are not my forte, so if you find yourself interested in such weapons, please let me know and I shall find a proper teacher for you."

Sonoko let out a fake sigh. "Whew. That was quite a lot of information, was it not?" She had the small bear point at each student in turn. "Now tell me, what is your favorite weapon type and why? I know some of you may see this as an unnecessary question, but a weapon can tell a lot about its owner." She motioned towards the desk where Tomo lounged backwards, obviously drained from producing weapons for the past few minutes. "If there are any weapons that intrigue you, please feel free to take one. A clay weapon produced from a Toujigikou can be as strong as metal when crafted properly. I promise that my brother has learned such a feat. He can also create something else if you have something in mind." Sonoko placed the clay bear on the desk to show it was also up for grabs. "After that, please form a line by the window and face the door. We shall be moving on to the physical applications part of the class."
OOC said:
-In order to be fair to those who joined before the first deadline, Nanami has agreed to enter the class with a strike, meaning she only has two left.

-Ryuzaki, if you are taking this as a class then I'm afraid you have a strike. If you ever find you don't have the time to post, please pm me so I can work with you.

-If any of you are interested in taking one of the clay weapons, feel free. I can also have Tomo produce anything else if there is an interesting item you'd like him to make. Think of him like a 3D printer. You can describe the weapon as you like, or I can try to make an image.

-Like before, it is not necessary, but if you'd like more information about Mochizuki Tomo, you can click his picture.

-Lastly, below is the actual OOC information pertaining to what I talked about, since some of the information was hard to translate into IC wording.

Weapon Damage Types
o Slashing: When creating a Slashing Type weapon the creator may choose either Suppression or Bleeding.
o Bludgeoning: When creating a Bludgeoning Type weapon the creator may choose either Suppression or Bleeding.
o Piercing: When creating a Piercing Type weapon the creator may choose either Bleeding or a +5% increased success chance with Called Shots.
o Unarmed: When creating an Unarmed Type weapon the creator may choose either Suppression or they may retain the ability to use Handseals with their weapon equipped.
o Projectile: When creating a Ranged Type weapon the creator may choose either Suppression, Bleeding or a +3% increased success chance with Called Shot attempts.
o Thrown: When creating a Projectile Type weapon the creator may choose either Suppression, Bleeding or they may retain the ability to use Handseals with their weapon equipped..
o Puppet: When creating a Puppet type weapon the creator chooses either Bleeding, Suppression, or having non-offensive jutsu used with it modded .25 AP faster (affecting timing only, not AP cost).

See this page for info on Called Shots, Bleeding, and Suppression -> https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=5510#bbCalledShot

Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nanami brightened in spite of her fatigue at the teacher's praise of her answer. It was an unusual feeling, not that it never happened but...you know, not very often. She considered the other student answers but decided that she liked hers most.

As the weapons unfurled she took an exploratory step towards them, craning her neck to examine each of them. Their Sensei truly was some kind of weapon nut considering how many variations she had! She meant it endearingly, at least. This kind of collection was impressive. She'd never really considered weapons for herself, always with her own two fists.

She turned sharply to the sound of a hand slapping against the windowsill and narrowed her eyes briefly in consternation. That was her entrance! She turned back to Sonoko when she declared her punishment for the pair of window entrance and made to complain, but Sonoko's smile turned that into a smile of her own. Only fair, right?

She looked the new entrant up and down for a moment, sizing them up before turning her attention back to Sonoko's lesson.

"Woah!" she exclaimed when the weapon formed in his hand, she was on her feet for that one! "Cool...." awa! That was neat as heck. She missed the first bit of the lecture, but she knew the gist of weapons right? She grabbed her seat and jotted some pretty half-assed notes on the whole process, paying much more attention to the formation of weapons.

The note about unarmed caught her attention, she had stopped writing merely looked at her hands. Long white scars stretched down her knuckles, fresh knicks, cuts, bruises. Gloves huhn? Some kind of knuckle guards. She made a face and turned her attention up. Hey, at least puppets were just weird.

"Unarmed," she declared immediately when asked. "The reason is...because it leaves me flexible and ready, I know my fists best, better than any other kind of weapon because I've had them all my life, and they don't get in the way if I need to be ready with a Jutsu. Plus I know a bunch of techniques already."

She paused for a moment. "Well uhm," she walked up to the array of weapons and leaned over to grab a short blade made of clay, she tested the weight, gripped it tight in her left hand and fell immediately in love. She moved swiftly to form a line by the door.

+399 1193 words. 2/5 posts.

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mochizuki-sensei complimented everyone’s answers, but focused primarily on those of Gattsu and Nanami. Setsu expected this to some degree, he himself didn’t understand the full scope of the comparison until Ryoko had spoken. This left him very surprised when the teacher specifically called out his answer. It was just a small mention, but more than Setsu envisioned happening. The young boy couldn’t help but feel a little proud of himself. Mochizuki-sensei went on to encourage them all to experiment with different weapons, showing off her own collection of kunai of varying shapes and sizes.

Sonoko then mentioned something about a guest, and then another person entered in from the window, complaining about the door being locked. Why doesn’t anyone knock? the young student wondered. The smiling teacher addressed the newcomer and jovially suggested he suffer the same punishment as Nanami for his apparent tardiness. The newcomer was the teacher’s younger brother and was going to make them weapons out of clay. Setsu pondered how long exactly this class was going to take if they had to wait for clay weapons to be made. He didn’t know exactly how pottery worked, but he did know that it took a long time. So when the shinobi dropped a chunk of clay into his hand spitting out a finely detailed sword, Setsu could only incredulously gape at the front of the room. The boy was still getting used to the fact that superbeings once only known to him through stories were now his neighbors.

Sonoko continued her lecture on weaponry, this time going into the specific types of weaponry and their different quirks. Setsu had never known so much strategy was involved in simply picking a weapon. Making someone bleed, slowing them down, targeting specific body parts, there was a lot he didn’t know. Prior to this, he assumed shinobi simply just won through sheer power. Setsu listened intently to these things, not necessarily because he was too keen on learning the ins and outs of battle, but because he wanted to survive this crazy world he was being thrust into.

The next question posed to the class revolved around what weapon they preferred. Mochizuki-sensei would have her brother create that weapon and the class could get a feel for them. Setsu wondered what he should ask for, maybe something for his hands and feet? No, that was a little too up close and personal for his liking. Maybe something ranged? Again not an option, Setsu was not confident in his throwing abilities. He tended to squeeze his eyes shut at the last second, resulting in his shots always going awry. The puppet was a bit too complicated for Setsu to consider as a choice, and something like Gattsu’s greatsword seemed too bulky for the small boy.

Again, someone else answered Sonoko-sensei’s question before Setsu could decide anything for himself. Nanami stated she preferred unarmed combat because that what she had learned from a young age. She mentioned a few other reasons for liking the style, but Setsu stuck on the first portion of her response. I guess when in doubt go with something I feel comfortable with, he thought to himself. “I don’t really have a favorite weapon, but I suppose the axe feels the most comfortable.” Now for the why, Setsu didn’t want to just repeat Nanami’s reasons so he paused a bit to try and consider the woodcutter’s tool as a potential weapon. “It’s got a bit of reach, and you can alternate between fast strikes and powerful strikes based on where you grip the handle. So you can potentially change your style in the middle of a fight.” To be honest, Setsu was just making a guess. He had never thought of the axe as a weapon until now. He noticed Nanami picking up a clay sword, which Setsu thought odd given her answer to the earlier question. Is she thinking about learning something new? Admirable on her part, but for Setsu, learning how to use a weapon at all was the top priority at the moment. He asked the grumpy newcomer for the small handaxe then stood next to Nanami near the window.

{MFT}
{WC: 695}

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sonoko nodded at Nanami and Setsu's answers. "With enough training, your fists can indeed be the most reliable of weapons as they will always be with you." Seeing the girl grab for one of the clay weaponry, the teacher's smile widened. "Though I am very glad to see you broadening your horizons." Turning her attention to Setsu, the woman resisted the urge to pat his head. "A lumberjack using an axe to begin with is a marvelous idea. Starting with what you know can help you focus on other facets of your fighting style." When the boy asked for the clay axe on the table, Tomo obliged him.

Sonoko entered lecture mode again as the children got into line. "Very nice answers. The rest of you take your time to contemplate your answer, but do not think you can dodge the question." A clone rose from Sonoko's shadow, and she motioned to it with her palm up. "Let's see if what you believe goes along with your actual talent." The clone positioned itself in front of the door, across from the line of students. "That's why I locked the door. I did not want anyone hurt." She chuckled quietly before continuing. "Give my clone a good, solid strike. Let's see where your skills lie."
OOC said:
Smack that clone! Please rp using a basic strike, but feel free to give it some flair you like. Sonoko is going to analyze your strike through her clone. I am going to base her response on your created weapons or based on your rp flavor.

-Note: After the clone takes a hit from a student, it will disappear and Sonoko will create another one for the next person.

-Ryuzaki: You're not out yet. You can still catch up, but you only have 1 strike left if this is indeed the class you are using.

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Setsu stepped up first. He couldn’t keep letting others go before him. It's just a clone, just a clone. Not an actual person. The young boy knew that being a shinobi meant he would one day be pit against actual humans, but just knowing that it was inevitable didn’t make it easier to strike anything vaguely humanoid. He took a stance in front of the clone and swung the clay axe, but shut his eyes at the last second, as he didn’t actually want to see the blade strike ‘flesh.’ This of course ended as one would expect, with the strike going wide and slicing into the clone’s arm.

Setsu opened his eyes and upon seeing he only partially hit the shadowy figure before him the boy sighed dejectedly. Surely he would be looked down on for failing this task. He knew the shadowy form in front of him was only a creation, something Mochiuzuki-sensei had cobbled together from chakra. And it hadn’t even been moving. He moved back into the line next to Nanami. Hopefully, he would get a second try at this after Nanami went.

Harou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gattsu was growing irritated by some of the behavior being exhibited by some of the current members. How annoying it was to be dealing with such people he thought, how could an Academy such as this one be comprised of people without the sheer will to want to simply annihilate their targets and opponents? It was annoying, perhaps annoying the boy much more then was necessary as his facial expressions indicated his annoyance at the situations. He didn’t struggle much at all once he was taken to the Academy, this was a place where he was supposed to be able to satiate his warmongering behavior with the legal right to face others in brute force he told himself. Yet here he was, dealing with mostly shy and seemingly inept individuals.

He stood up abruptly from the class, his large sword being placed back in its sheath. Walking past the instructor and the clone, he coldly ignored them and opened the door as he walked out. Shinobi’s at this Academy were overrated, his desire to return to the mountain range intensified. Was this an elite school that trained the incredibly powerful shinobi he witnessed tear mercenaries apart? Or perhaps it was a small select few who could attain such monstrous abilities and most of them were weak in mind and body. A sigh escaped him as he placed his hand on the back of his neck, signifying the increasing stress being placed upon his young body as if carrying too many problems at once. What a pain this all was he thought to himself.

[Topic Left]
[Word Count: 263]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sonoko quietly observed Setsu's attempt to attack the clone. He was not the first to find harming others difficult, nor would he be the last. But it was a quality that would be viewed as negative in his current "occupation". Her eyelids lowered slightly as she watched Gattsu leave the classroom. Some teachers might protest, but Sonoko too had seen children like him. They grew in harsh environments, and were often brought into the village to be used for their physical capabilities alone. It was obvious Gattsu did not need a class such as this. What he needed was more social in nature, though he would most certainly object. She made a mental note to keep track of him, to ensure he didn't fall into the same mindset as other unfortunate younglings. While strength and killing were sometimes required, a shinobi could be much more than tools of death if they were willing to open their mind.

Regardless, what was important now was to attend to the students that remained. Nanami seemed reluctant to come forward. Perhaps it was stage fright, or maybe she was hoping the others would go first so she could observe. Whatever the case, Sonoko urged Nanami to do as she was instructed previously without waiting for the other students. Ryuzaki had not returned, and Ryoko was sent to check on him. It was unlikely that those two would return in time to receive full credit for the class. They would have to make up for their absence in another class.

Not wanting to keep Setsu waiting any longer, Sonoko turned her attention back to him. "That was an admirable effort Setsu-kun, but I am sure you are aware of the biggest mistake you made." The woman pointed a finger to her eye and winked. "Nothing is more deadly than closing your eyes at the point of impact. Were I keen on killing you, I could have easily avoided your blow and taken your life." She quickly followed her statement with a gentle ruffle of his soft hair. "But I of course would never want such a thing, so you have nothing to worry about."

She grabbed the axe that Setsu had left in the clone and placed it on the table. "Watching you swing, I believe this weapon is not quite your style at the moment." As she looked over the weapon options, she gave her small student advice. "Your hesitation to fight is refreshing to see, but will be detrimental for your future." She gave him a reassuring smile. "But I will give you options that will help you find your style." She picked up the hammer, but put it back with a shake of her head. "For now, it may be best for you to remain defensive. A large weapon or perhaps a shield might let you focus on protecting yourself. Sometimes a mission will only require you to stay alive or protect others rather than kill. Such a weapon can be augmented to help you stay strong when taking a defensive stance, giving you an edge is such situations." She grabbed the shurikan on the desk and lightly placed it in Setsu's hand. "It may also benefit you to keep your distance. Using thrown weapons might do well your you..." She chuckled before continuing. "Though you would still need to solve the problem of keeping your eyes open when attacking." Sonoko tapped the small clay star. "To mitigate that problem, though, we could augment your thrown weapons to contain the proper chemical and components to act like an explosive note. That way when you throw your weapon, it will cause an explosion as well, allowing you to be less accurate but still likely to hit your target." She tapped her temple. "A true shinobi utilizes not only their physical, but mental strength to overcome their shortcomings. In essence, that is the true power of augmenting ones weapons."

She knelt down and gave Setsu's nose a small poke. "Now lastly, I will teach you a Taijutsu, just as I promised. What would you like to learn?" She knew she couldn't baby this boy forever, but something told her he needed more positive encouragement in his life. She could easily transition from doting teacher to strict instructor later, once he was more confident in himself.

OOC said:
-Nanami has one more strike left. You have already reached the word limit, so I am perfectly fine with short posts if you are finding it hard to write. You just need to get in the proper number of posts now.

-Due to how the class has declined in such a manner, I have removed the time limit. However, I hope to finish things off by the end of next week. (Mar. 19 - Mar 25)

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Keep your eyes open. It was obvious, keeping one’s eyes shut made accurate attacks impossible. It sounded simple in theory, but was so much harder in practice. Mochizuki-sensei also pointed out the other dangers of keeping one’s eyes closed at the point of impact. He wouldn’t be able to defend himself. A slight shiver went down the boy’s spine as his teacher described how simple it was to injure and kill someone who was unaware of their surroundings while giving a playful wink. But Mochizuki-sensei reassuredly ruffled Setsu’s hair, saying she would never desire to kill any of her students.

Moving on, Sonoko-sensei took the axe Setsu had clumsily used and placed it once again on the table. She posited that perhaps the grand melee was not Setsu’s forte. She rummaged through the assorted weapons on the table for awhile, while noting her observations and opinions on Setsu’s fighting style. Focusing on defense doesn’t sound so bad, the boy thought to himself. While not providing a clear win condition, not getting hit or hurt seemed like a very attractive prospect. Mochizuki-sensei returned with some clay shuriken, suggesting that perhaps he try to avoid direct combat. At least until he could keep his eyes open during battle. Sonoko-sensei also mentioned he could have his weapon customized to great effect in fights. Specifically she mentioned one that caused his weapon to explode when thrown. Weapons are more complicated than I thought, he reflected while looking at the set of clay throwing stars. But still, overcoming my physical weaknesses with mental strength. I’d like to learn about that if possible.

However, Setsu didn’t have time to pursue the topic of weapon augmentation in detail. The class was drawing to a close, and Mochizuki-sensei was moving to the final part of the lecture, teaching a specific technique. Setsu supposed she had something already in mind, but since the majority of the students had left the classroom for one reason or another Mochizuki-sensei allowed Setsu to choose what he’d like to learn. He thought about it for a moment, and decided to follow up on his teacher’s suggestion. “Sensei, could you teach me a technique I could use with these?” the young student asked, lifting the shuriken.

WC: 372
MFT

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sonoko's cheeks flushed a bit at Setsu's answer. She was used to children ignoring or rebelling against her. To have someone take her words to heart was music to her ears. She reached into her pouch and produced small throwing kunai. She motioned for Setsu to watch her hand as it glowed a faint blue. "Then let me teach you a technique that is more about brain than brawn. This jutsu is known as Instant Fall. First you charge your throwing weapons with chakra, like so. Then when you throw them into the air, pull at the energy to cause them to change trajectory to rain from above." She demonstrated the jutsu. "This type of attack is a feint, meaning you trick the opponent into believing you are doing something before performing an action they might not normally expect." The teacher reached into her pouch again and charged another set of kunai. "But this jutsu has another ability." She threw the weapons again, but this time they hovered in the air. "If you charge the weapons with more chakra, you can suspend them in the air, delaying your attack and allowing you to lure your opponent into the attack rather than striking at them directly." After a few seconds, the stylized knives clattered to the floor.

Sonoko was about to ask Setsu to give it a try when she recalled the file she'd been given about the boy. He had come from outside the village, and most of his training up until this point had been focusing on merely strengthening his capabilities. However, before she felt confident in him performing this jutsu, she decided to take precautions. "Keep this technique stored away in your memory. Before you perform the jutsu, I would like to place you in a chakra control class. Without a proper understanding of how chakra is utilized, even the most simple of jutsu can go awry. I will send you the time and place when the specifics have been arranged. In the meantime, practice your throwing accuracy. Chakra cannot solve every problem."

The woman looked up and clapped her hands together. "I am sad to say our time is drawing to a close. Nanami-chan, I would like you to clean the chalkboard and sweep the floors, along with my brother." Sonoko gave Tomo a cold smile when the man attempted to sneak out of the window. "While you do that, I will see if I can find a more suitable class for you. Perhaps you thrive in a more personal environment? I can arrange a tutor for you, but you have to be committed. A wandering mind rarely carries knowledge as it only weighs it down."

With a final smile, Sonoko declared, "Class dismissed!"

OOC said:
Suzuki Setsu has met the criteria (1,500 words/5 posts) and successfully passed the class.
Roukan Gattsu, Ryoko Yamamoto, Ryuzaki Yamamoto, and Nanami have not met one or more of the criteria and were unable to complete the class.

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Setsu stared silently as the teacher began showing him the technique. Sonoko was obviously well practiced, and seemed happy that she could share what she had learned over the years. Mochizuki-sensei tossed a few kunai above and to the left of the clone, then made a slight gesture and the knives abruptly spun towards the shadow creation, descending on it in a shower of steel. Setsu flinched slightly at the sound, but tried his best to keep his eyes open so he didn't miss anything.

Sonoko also explained an alternative way to use the technique. She first charged her weapons with her blue chakra, Setsu noted that Mochizuki-sensei had said this version of the jutsu required a bit more chakra than normal. This time the knives were held in the air for a few seconds before being unleashed on the shadow clone. The few moments of hangtime let Setsu prepare himself for the impact, and he was able to watch it without averting his gaze.

The boy was ready to try the technique out himself, but was stopped. The teacher wanted Setsu to learn more about controlling his chakra properly first. He could lose control of the shuriken if he applied his chakra incorrectly. Setsu became a little more apprehensive at using these techniques, he hadn't realized exactly how dangerous what he had been learning was until now. The ability to control chakra was indeed a wondrous yet terrifying power. As Sonoko dismissed the class, she instructed Setsu to work on his accuracy. The boy promised he would, and left the classroom as Mochizuki-sensei addressed those who remained.

[Topic Left]
[Thank you for the class!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back