Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Taking a Break [Contract Search]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Traversing the tundra of Water Country was exhausting - both mentally and physically. The lack of landmarks - aside from the obvious light originating from what could only be the ruins of Kirigakure - makes it feel like no progress has been made. To avoid slipping, one must practice caution on the ice, which only makes traveling even longer. Cold air makes the young Byakko's usually dexterous body stiff and slow, and his usual determination to uncover the undiscovered was beginning to fade. Perhaps it was time to rest?

Having decided that would be the best course of action, Yanji found a patch of earth that jutted out from the ice. Placing his travel pack - currently filled to the brim with essentials and specimen he'd gathered from within Kumogakure's Ancient forest - he removed several pieces of fire wood, flint and steel, a cooking pot, and a package of instant noodles. One can't be picky when traveling, after all. It took a moment to spark a flame due to the wood being wet from snow, but it was worth the effort. After allowing himself a moment to thaw his hands, the boy gathered snow into his pot and placed it atop the fire. Once the snow melted, and the water boiled, he poured it into the open noodle container and began to eat.

The warm noodles rejuvenated his soul, and gave him a new found determination to continue his trek into the unknown. Once his sleeping bag was laid out, the boy looked up to the sky and admired its beauty as the clouds began to clear. Without the light pollution from any nearby villages, the countless stars gleamed with an indescribable beauty. Unfortunately, he was unable to appreciate this beauty for long as thoughts of home flooded his mind. The stresses of his past once more made the boy anxious, and his disregard for the time limit set for his journey clawed at the back of his mind. Lord Kuro's statement that he was to be the heir to the Toraono clan worried him as well, what was he to do with all of that responsibility? He'd lived his whole life being allowed to roam free and pursue his desires, but to have the safety of an entire clan thrust upon his shoulders, and what of his clansmen? Would they really accept a mere child as their new lord? The young Byakko still wasn't sure how he was going to handle it.

Perhaps he would have to inform Kuro that he simply wasn't ready to take over, that he still believed himself to be too naive for such an important role. But wouldn't that be a mature enough statement to convince that beast man of the exact opposite? There truly did not seem to be a way out of this, and he may end up having to deal with his own prodigious past... Hopefully things would not be as taxing as he expected them to be.

Eventually, amidst all of his thinking, the boy drifted into sleep. The fire gradually died throughout the night, and the boy could do nothing but hope that things remained uneventful...
WC: 523 Let's do this!

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A random pair of otters, sliding across the frozen waters playfully. These two were twins, brothers. One funny, the other funnier. One smart, the other smart enough to act dumb. The only physical difference between the two, was eye color. One would have jet black eyes, a sensible otter, the other would have white eyes, a taco short of a combination for an otter, or so it appeared.

c06ead58bff084dca8d50dd044be986c.jpg

They giggled and tussled over the ice, until one saw a light. It was a fire, signaling maybe an intelligent species was in the area. The two finally composed themselves, clearing their throats and marching in unison to the fire. Indeed, they saw a boy, asleep. The light eyed otter rubbed his cheek. Was this an intruder? Or the destined one? They would have to find out, and soon. The otter kicked the boy awake.

???: "Hey, yo! That's my but of Earth you're drooling on!"

The other otter rubbed the bridge of his nose that he really didn't have.

???: "Ugh, must you be so frugal?"

If he woke up, he would find two bright blue faces with squishy round pink noses sniffing, all in his personal place. He wreaked of a traveler, someone who has gone a long time without home, or a decent play to stay indoors, isn't what most humans lived? The otters bickered with each other in a whisper, probably a different marine mammal language, who knows? The two of them stopped, looked at him and hovered over him with wonder. Again they cleared their throats, this time introducing themselves. The black eyes otter spoke first.

Wottsu Ranger Azure: "I am Azure. Wottsu Ranger of the Water Country."

The light eyed would was delayed by personal thoughts, before catching himself dozing off and jumped with an answer.

Wottsu Ranger Bob: "Bob... Call me Bob..."

Bob looked away suspicious, as if this wasn't his real name. In anyway, the two continued to hover over the boy if he allowed them to do so. They examined him, sniffed him and determined, this must be the one. He apparently wasn't afraid of the risks of being out in the open in a desolate land that once thrived on beauty. Azure cut straight to the point.

Azure: "You've been selected. We are otters, few of many marine mammals that inhabit this country. Our Overlord wishes to pledge and alliance together. We will be your guides. We will lead you there. But the journey will be perilous. There will be decisions to be made, trust your instincts, and do not doubt yourself. Our first task, is to retrieve her Pearl. Our last candidate... Failed... And in doing so, we misplaced our Pearl, which is our form of scroll for the alliance. Together, we will retrieve it. By bringing it back, I'm sure she will reward you, and accept us back as her followers. Deal?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oof!" Yanji quickly sat up after his rude awakening. He never expected to be kicked awake, eaten alive awake maybe, but kicked? Something silly was afoot...

Just as a precaution, the young Byakko activated his Tetsuyaiba and enveloped his hand in a sort of metal gauntlet. Once he'd fully woken up, however, he realized that the two, talking creatures before him posed no threat. Two talking creatures...

"Oho!" Yanjirou sprang to his feet and began observing each of the creatures as they spoke. It was already clear to him that they were a sort of contract beast, unless they were some strange dog that belonged to an Inuzuka. Regardless, their forms fascinated the boy, and once looking stopped exciting him, he proceeded to touching. If they allowed him, the boy would get a feel of every inch of their bodies - head to toe - as they spoke. Only key points of the explanation given to him would be remembered, and once he finished he took a moment to contemplate all of the information.

"Based on their fur, it's probably safe to assume they're a mammal of sorts. Their webbed toes must make it easier to move through water, and I'm sure they have some means of either breathing underwater or remaining submerged for long periods of time."

"Otters, hm? I've never encountered one of your kind before, but I'm pleased to make your acquaintances. My name is Byakko Yanjirou, I hail from the lands of wind and sand, and I'd be happy to oblige. It seems mutually beneficial, after all." By the way they spoke, the boy assumed that they knew their way around the terrain, and it was very likely that they would lead him to areas of interest. And how could he possibly say no to learning more about their overlord? No scholar in their right mind would say no! Except maybe at the mention of certain doom and previous failures, but that failure wasn't his own - and the young Byakko will do anything to uncover the secrets of the world for himself.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The kid woke up, startled, showing off a gauntlet with needles. The otters responded taking a step back and quick drawing shuriken sharp seashells. Once the boy assessed they were friendlies and eased up, they did as well giving out a defeated, 'whew.' They continued their dialogue, but the boy was swift to his feet. He began touching the otters who at first slapped his hand away with their human like otter hands, complete with thumbs. If the kid would persist, Bob would only give up and allow him while Azure would continue slapping his hands at the wrist with a smack of his teeth.

When he spoke it was the obvious, the two nodded. When introducing his name, in unison they would say, 'Hai!'<i></i> It sounded as if originated from the land of Suna. It was a simple deduction, but two would grin at his volition to oblige the otters. They rubbed their tiny little hands together and whispered to each other, Bob nudged Azure who snarled, and nudged him back, the whispering became loud mumbling but it wasn't audible. After the fussing they would straighten up, and clear their throats.

Azure: "Good, thank you by the way. Well, the pearl's last known location is here in the tundra. Yeah and see the thing we don't is..."

He looked away, east, to his right in the direction he was facing, he gave a sigh. He held up a hand with one finger as if to comment on his previous remark before the twin cut in.

Bob: "Heh, there's a shark guy who kinda, has it?"

Azure pushed Bob, Bob pushed Azure, they began slapping each other up throwing out foul comments about each other, some personal so far on the level of who bathes more. After the fuss the two caught their breath, Azure would face Yanjirou and continue.

Azure: "That's technically true but, we do have options. He's not your average shark, he can walk on land, if he so wills, or he can prey in the waters. Although, he can't really beat all three of us on land."

Bob cut in...

Bob: "Chances are..."

He thought about it, counting the little fingers of his puny hand.

Bob: "That guy is stashing the pearl in the ice somewhere. It is a chakra source, so where ever he is, it is bound to be near by! Yanjirou, follow we will lead the way!"

The two ran toward the ice, jumped onto their bellies and freely slid down the icy wonder way.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This land was already proving to yield more information than even Yanjirou could have anticipated...

The boy listened closely to the otters' explanations, and nodded along to show that he was listening. It all seemed simple enough, but what really intrigued him was the shark that could supposedly travel on land. If this - somehow - was not a contract beast, then it could be the discovery of a lifetime. When "Bob" mentioned that the pearl was a chakra source that was likely buried beneath the ice, the only other complication he could see was how to get it out. The blessing he received from his lord Byakko would certainly come in handy for this - hopefully - short venture.

Once they all agreed it was time to set off, the young Byakko grabbed his traveling gear. The moment he turned around however, he was surprised to see his two otter companions sliding down the ice at speeds he couldn't even hope to keep up with simply walking. His immediate reaction - which he quickly discovered was not the best response - was to try and sprint after the two. As he should have expected, his feet flew out from under him and he ended up with a mouthful of snow...

Now deciding to take a slightly different approach, Yanji wet the bottom of his sandals with a water jutsu, and waited a moment for it to freeze over. Thankfully, this didn't take too long with the sub-zero temperatures that he had been facing since his arrival, and after a solid kick off the patch of land, he was on his way. Although a bit unsteady. Eventually, the boy not only caught up to the otters, but managed to level himself out enough to feel comfortable trying to start a conversation. There was no telling how long this journey might take after all, and there was no point in simply sliding in silence.

"So, what are these Wottsu Rangers you two mentioned? I apologize for not having heard of them before, but the village I come from is relatively... Land locked." Hopefully the two, who certainly seemed talkative before, were up to have a conversation as well. Otherwise Yanjirou would just feel silly for even trying.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The otters were giggling sliding down the icy pathway, it almost tickled their furry bellies. Their human friend Yanjirou wasn't far too behind, though they were surprised of his method of choice. Honestly, Bob thought he'd slide on his stomach like the otters and follow suit, meanwhile Azure thought it was very clever of him. Once he caught up he sparked a question of the famed Wottsu Rangers! Bob looked back, tongue dangling from the corner of his mouth flapping in the wind. He smiled so big he almost choked himself and cough. At this time they all hit a sharp turn, the otters would use right arm and extend it outward, while swinging their legs up. It caused them to roll over onto their bottoms, but rotated them enough to turn and the momentum from maneuver would slide them back onto their bellies. Then Azure would answer Yanjirou.

Azure: "Ah the Wottsu Rangers! They are the famed five of the Samurai Otter family. Their feats have been legends our whole lives! Ting and I were almost inducted into their ranks, Samurai's in training!"

Ting heard his real name and stopped laughing, smiling altogether in an instant, and frowned. He had been found it. His left arm darted out and jabbed his brother, causing him to twist and twirl on the ice like a top, until he was dizzy. He was stopped abruptly from a monstrous figure exploding out of the icy surface from below. It was a massive orca that just missed its mark. Barely missing Azure, he reacted as he should have evading the orca and sliding back on his belly down the frozen waters. The orca continued its arc in air until it crashed into ice, crushing the surface but allowing him to go back into the frigid cold waters.

The trouble now was for Yanjirou and Ting to have to maneuver through the broken ice and avoid the icy waters, it would likely shock Yanjirou's cardiovascular system from temperature alone. Ting swung himself to his bottom once more and jumped, with one foot he landed on a small portion of floating ice, and jumped to the next and one last before turning around to face Yanjirou. The little otter waved tiny hand seals with miniature fingers and summoned wave from the fluid chakra in his body. This small wave crashed into the broken pieces, a breath afterward colder than ice itself froze the path again for a sliding Yanjirou.

Ting: "Well I guess the jig is up! You can call me Ting now!"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"If they're so famous then why-" The boy almost questioned the Otters' validity, but stopped himself midway when he thought of an issue in the past that was caused by his sheltered nature. He hadn't heard of them, because he trapped himself in his room with his books for most of his life...

"Hmmm, interesting. And Ting, is it?" The boy questioned, looking to Bob, "I had a feeling you weren't giving me the whole truth." The creature's demeanor quickly changed, and this did not go unnoticed by Yanjirou, but he decided not to dig. Perhaps he was simply trying to have some fun with the boy? It reminded him of a child (poorly) trying to keep a secret for their own entertainment.

A sudden crack in the ice caught the young Byakko off guard, and the appearance of another unknown creature distracted him far too much to take action. Ensuring the safety of his companions quickly became second on his list of priorities, and his mind underwent the usual routine of analyzing new sights. Ting's act of heroism went unnoticed for the most part, until the Orca disappeared from sight and the boy realized that the path he now slid on was artificial.

"Ah, thank you. And I apologize, I was simply amazed by the sight of such a large creature. What do you call it, do you know?" His eyes were - literally - glowing with excitement. The only other large creature he'd seen that crashes through the surface and tries to eat people were sand worms, but they may be just a touch larger. Hopefully his curiosity would be satisfied by one of the two, and once it was, his mind would shift back to the safety of the group. Also, potentially gathering a "sample" from the beast.

"So, do you think it will return? I would hope a seemingly predatory creature such as that wouldn't simply give up after its first failure. I can't imagine it would still exist if that were the case." He may have even begun praying to Byakko if that's what it took to get the Orca to return. Anything for him to look at, and preserve for later, and he would be a happy little cat boy.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Azure looked back at everyone, they seemed to be okay. But that Orca wasn't going to stop anytime soon. What the hell, they were suppose to be friendlies. If anyone else would have caught, the beasts eye's were in a daze, with stretch markings in the iris, most likely from a genjutsu. He watched his brother spring into action, making a way for Yanjirou. Azure turned his head around, face front focusing on the path ahead. Ting was in the back with Yanjirou who began to spark some interesting questions.

Ting: "Oh they'll be back! But usually, they are friendlies I wonder what's going.."

Ting was back on his belly, eyes darting from left to right, he was vigilant now.

Ting: "That was an Orca, they serve the Overlord too, but like I said, it's been weird around here lately, especially with the pearl missing!"

Just then, a rumbling could be felt beneath them. It would have felt like an earthquake, but just in front of Azure to large obstructions in the ice burst out, two Orcas, who mid air changed form into a humanoid. Now it was apparent, from their hypnotized eyes that they were being controlled. Azure slid to a stop and leaped to his feet. Now wielding his seashell shurikens by the two in each hand. Incoming was a speedy Ting who took flight with a high jump. Mid air, he would summon a samurai katana out of the essence of water. It would solidify into an icy deep blue with a razor sharp edge. Ting came down with an arcing slash, the Orca dodged, tucked its leg into its torso and launched a kick, rocketing Ting into an icy wall with a thud and spew of spit. It was now Azure and Yanjirou, one focused dueling with Azure. The other lunged at Yanjirou with a roar.

Azure: "Incoming!!!"

83c9be4a68dd9bf74392d6e232e66682.jpg

The Orca attacking Yanjirou would swipe with its humanoid arms to bind him, if unsuccessful it would attempt to give a large swing of its tail while rotating, hit or miss, the Orca would flail more jabs and hooks wildly at the young Shinobi. The Orca would perform agile high knee jumps, flying overhead elbows, anything he could to try and pummel the fool into the ice!

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"An orca, hmmmm?" Committing this to memory, the boy refocused on the task at hand, and it wasn't long before that task refocused on them as well. Ting was quick to react to the two pillar of water that erupted from the ice, and before Yanjirou could do anything, he slipped and fell trying to stop sliding. As he struggled to get back on his feet, he witnessed the more rambunctious otter get swatted aside like a play thing, and he was quick to assume he'd be out of commission after receiving such a blow.

The two, although obviously confused as to who their true allies are, were smart to split up and target the two individually, especially considering how they had yet to see Azure's abilities. Yanji, personally, didn't think he would be much more useful than Ting, but perhaps his caution would make him a useful distraction while the boy dealt with the first foe.

"Keep that one busy while I deal with my own, I'll come to your aid in a moment!" Contract beasts though they may be, Yanjirou was confident enough in his abilities to trust that he could handle at least one of them at a time. The agile boy leapt into the air as the orca lunged at him, but was not expecting to be attacked by its tail. He was quick to reactivate his Tetsuyaiba, and latched on to the hulking figure after taking the brunt of the blow. He hoped to confuse and disorient his opponent by doing this, and would quickly detach himself and take advantage of what he assumed to be a blind spot by jumping up to its neck and slashing its throat with his claws. If things went awry, he would jump back to a distance and cause himself to slip a little once more, but quickly recovering.

"Are either of you the least bit aware of what's going on?" He attempted to question the two, see if they would be able to answer questions in their confused state. Whether they answered mattered not, but it may be helpful if he could gather some information before disposing of the two of them.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ting was slumped over, back to an icy column, he was shaking his head slowly coming back to consciousness. They were attacked by the Orcas again, Azure and Yanjirou were taking them on, one and one. For the moment Ting had to rest, that hit really made him dizzy and slow to get up. He looked over to Yanjirou and gave out a small answer.

Ting: "Whoa... Ouch... They seem... Controlled... Azure!!!!"

Azure was towered over by the large Orca, but he was fearless. Size mattered not, he would leap up to the Orca's chin with a small leg darting a kick to its jawline. The Orca stifled, grappled the otter's leg and tossed him over shoulder crashing into ice, cracking the surface. Azure gasped.

The Orca missed its first few shots but was successful with the tail whip. Yanjirou countered with a strike that dazed the Orca but only for a moment. Yanjirou attempted slashing its throat but the Orca recollected itself and performed a back hand spring out of the way. The Orca saw Yanjirou slip, snarled and dashed toward him.

Azure was now being mounted by the giant Orca who was going to commence the pounding of an otter face. That was just before Ting came in with a dynamic otter entry, kicking the Orca square in the face sending it flying a few feet sliding on ice. The two brothers stood up side by side. Ting summoned another wave of water, Azure jumped on top, shuriken shells flying like a thousand tiny daggers.

Azure: "Thank you brother! Let us go! To victory!"

The Orca fighting Yanjirou closed the distance, spinning with a tail whip again, unfortunately he would miss his mark. Upon missing, or a counter attack he would leap and try to body slam the young boy. He would miss again, but crack the icy surface, making this a field of thin ice. Snarling out of berserk uncontrolled anger he lashed out a 16 hit combo, complete with jabs aerial kicks and final tail whip. This would find its mark unless the kid had some cool reactionary move.

Ting: "I assume if knock them out they will be freed of the jutsu."

Azure: "Yes, remember Yanjirou, these are our comrades as well, we must not forget that!"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Orca's attacks were fierce, and it was a miracle that Yanjirou managed to dodge the attacks he did, especially considering the ice. With each failure, the ice was weakened more and more, but thankfully its frailty mattered not to the light footed young Byakko - he was already formulating a plan to use it to his advantage in fact. As he avoided the mass of flesh hurling toward him, the boy positioned himself in front of the weakest point of the ice; waiting for whatever attack was thrown at him next.

Luck was in his favor, it seemed, as the beast led with his fist. Just before his meat hunks would have sent him flying, Yanji thrust his claws into the orca's forearm, making it so the attack went just above his head. He hoped that its fist would break through the ice, and allow him an opening. Regardless of whether or not this plan was successful, he would follow it up by leaping into the air and attempting to strike the beast with an axe kick atop its head. Once again, he would use the size of his opponent to his advantage, dig into its flesh, and throw himself into its blind spot. From here, well-placed strikes with chakra infused attacks, to the chakra points in its legs would hopefully limit its mobility and allow for Yanjirou to take a quick rest in order to recollect his thoughts.

Jumping back, he once more looked to the fight occurring beside his own. It was good to see that Ting was back in the fight, and able to knock the other orca around well enough to cover Azure's back, but it was mildly annoying to hear a reminder that these two were their allies, and should be spared. Until of course he remembered how he attempted to slash one of their throats just moments before.

"Of course, refrain from using potentially lethal attacks..." This may prove to be difficult considering his arsenal, but he was certain they would all persevere and make it through. Trusting the other two to be able to handle - or at least hold off - their opponent, Yanjirou returned his attention to his own. Assuming all went well, he hoped to see the beast mostly immobile, and easier to handle.
OOC: Used overwhelming power to counter the Orca's sixteen hit combo, I suppose the axe kick would be a basic attack, then the attack made against the its chakra points would be some Hyuuga stuff.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The furious multi hit combo was beautifully parried, startling the Orca warrior. He looked to Yanji with wide hypnotized eyes. The Orca crashed into the thin ice breaking the surface into floating mini bergs. He performed some acrobatic moves to where the Orca couldn't see. Suddenly some numbing in his legs weakened his body to a stifle.

The Orca yelled out, causing the other Orca to look in concern.

Azure: "Fool! We are your enemy!"

Azure launched more shuriken shells that darted through the air whistling, tearing flesh wounds into the Orca, was then suddenly rocked by a 6 foot wave from Ting. Ting's water jutsu was superb, while Azure specialized specifically on taijutsu. Together they were a fierce combo, the other Orca went down crashing hard with slide until he stopped unconscious and free from the genjutsu.

The Orca fight with Yanjirou became conscious from having his chakra network disrupted and freeing him of the trap. His eyes blinked until they returned a natural black hue, he looked over to Yanjirou and the Wottsu Rangers.

Orca: "Human beware... Tell the rangers, he was stronger than we thought."

After that he slid into the icy waters, as did the other Orca leaving the same message with the rangers. The otters quickly slid over to Yanjirou.

Azure and Ting: "Do not falter! We must proceed! For our Over Lord!"

The two would raise a small fist, hoping to invigorate the young boy's spirit as much their little hears were ablaze. Without a second, they returned to their high speed belly slide!

When Yanjirou would follow, it would be about 300 meters later where a fork in the road would determine a split. A decision was to be made.

Ting: "Which way?! Do we split up?!"

Azure: "I don't know! I don't remember this obstruction!"

At that moment large icy stalactite pierced from below almost implying the otters, instead separating them by spinning them off course each taking a different path wailing out at each other. Azure going left, Ting going right.
Decision

Choose right. Follow Ting and ? Happens.
Choose left. Follow Azure and ? Happens.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yanji smiled, happy to see that everything went as planned. It was also good to see that his actions had allowed the otters to dispatch their foe, allowing the three of them to move on. Despite the Orca's unnerving statement about what could only be the shark Azure and Ting had mentioned previously, the young Byakko felt confident that their teamwork would allow the three to overcome any further obstacles and retrieve the pearl for their overlord. After watching the orca slide back into the ice from which he originated, he turned to the two otters which had slid back to his side.

"Onward!" The boy yelled shortly after the Wottsu Rangers' war cry. Oddly enough, the normally cold boy could not help but play along with them. It was as if he was beginning to grow attached to them, even with the innocence that would usually make him uninterested in an individual. Something about their dynamic fascinated him... Azure was the clearly the thinker, but when push came to shove, Ting was able to motivate his ally to fight with the fury of the ocean! Or so he could imagine them saying. Yanjirou quickly reapplied ice to the bottom of his sandals once the otters pushed back off onto the path toward the pearl.

"How much longer do you think?" He inquired, hoping that it would not be for much longer that he would have to endure the cold that he is so unaccustomed to. But before the two would be able to give an answer, they became distraught about a fork in their path. The young Byakko intended to be the tie breaker, but a pillar broke through the ice just before he was able to put in his two cents. Thankfully the two split up and remained unscathed, but it seemed impossible for them to remain together. Having to make a split second decision, Yanji maneuvered to the right and followed Ting. As he'd observed before, Azure is the voice of reason out of the two, and he assumed that he would be able to avoid danger should he come across it.

"Do not fear, Azure! We will find you and be back on our way to find your pearl!" Yanji shouted out, hoping to keep the otter from being distressed. Now sliding away from their ally, Yanji looked to Ting - who he thought might be worried for his brother, "Don't lose faith Ting, we knew something was bound to happen. Azure can handle himself, and it's only a matter of time before we regroup with him." This was an attempt to console him, should he fear for his fellow ranger's safety. A distracted mind can be the death of someone in battle, after all.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ting: "Azuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure!"

Azure: "Wh-whoa! Hey! Ting it will be fine! Protect Yanjirou!"

The group had been split, Ting and Yanjirou going one way with Azure flying solo until they can find themselves as a group again. Ting showed immediate worry in his face, although his brother's and Yanjirou's words were reassuring, he would nod reluctantly.

Azure down his path was sliding at high speeds already enduring an obstacle course of more icy pillars obstructing his path to deter him. He had to swerve and maneuver each stalactite that could impale him with precise movements. It took an extreme amount of focus but he weaved through. The journey wasn't getting any easier for Azure as the numbers would increase and also speed up in timing. Azure was even nicked and sprinkling otter blood upon the ice.

Meanwhile for Ting and Yanjirou who would have been slipping and sliding away with ease would have time for some comforting thoughts, a short lived breather. Ting was in worry but had to snap out of it fast seeing the path way before splitting in two, cracking the surface revealing the icy waters. The only visible thing in sight was, a shark fin?

Ting: "No way, this wouldn't be him! Azure would know, this is a clone! But even this will be a tough one for us without Azure! Yanjirou, my ninjutsu is useless against him. He will absorb my chakra and store it within himself!"

Ting tried to explain as fast as he could before the fast approaching shark clone would break the ice beneath their feet. Ting would hope Yanjirou was watching and was on his good foot! Ting would leap over with a no handed cartwheel. As he did the beast would reveal itself as a shark humanoid, a large fin upon his back, gills on his ribs and his neck. The beast also toes and fingers that were webbed for increased swimming speed. He walked on water with ease by focusing chakra into his feet. He snarled and laughed at the two.

Kuzo: "Well well, fancy I met you here. Where is your brother? Who is this? You've recruited fresh blood?!!!! Bahahaha! This time... I'll finish the job!"

Ting landed finally, having to float on the water the same way Kuzo, the shark man abomination did. He only hoped Yanjirou could do the same and even the odds. He was counting on him, they haven't yet had the chance to go over tactics on dealing with this chakra draining opponent. Kuzo looked at Ting.

Kuzo: "I have no interest in you. Bahahahaha! That means your brother's fate is sealed. Sad, he was the stronger one. BOY!!! State your name, so that I might remember another victory! Bahahahaha!"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was nice to be allowed a few moments of rest, and it would be good for Ting to process what had happened before the coming battles. This was very easily the most calm moment they'd had since crossing paths, and Yanjirou was taking advantage of the breather. He had no idea what to expect from the shark man they'd mentioned so many times before, so it would be best if he had a clear mind as well. Azure would be fine, he had no doubt in his mind, it was simply Ting that he would have to look out for now. Regardless of what Ting's brother said to reassure him.

A crack in the ice came so suddenly, but from the numerous times it had happened that day, the young Byakko was almost expecting this sort of ambush. Ice turned to water, and the boy quickly focused chakra to his feet and took a couple of steps to ensure he wouldn't fall and submerge himself into the freezing waters beneath him. Death by cold water would be the lamest way to go at the moment. Precisely as Ting had observed, the creature that appeared before them was the shark - or a clone of the shark. Which would be advantageous to the two of them considering that clones are typically weaker than the originals.

As one might expect of the antagonist of any story, the shark was rather rude to the two of them, but the boy simply adopted an amused looking face. The biggest talkers were always the weakest fighters, and Yanjirou simply couldn't wait to show the beast what was in store for him, while simultaneously observing how he might fight. According to his friend in the Wottsu Rangers, he absorbs chakra, which was fine as well since Yanji preferred to use taijutsu anyways.

Yanjirou happily obliged the shark-man when asked for his name, "Byakko Yanjirou, pleasure to make your acquaintance..." He answered, giving his usual deep bow, before flipping into the water in the process. Of course, the boy had a plan, and was heating his body by building up as much chakra as he could within him. He knew this would only work for long however, and acted fast refocusing chakra into his feet and launching himself upward - claws bared - then attempting to dig his weapon as deep into Kuzo's back as possible, before tearing them through his flesh. Hopefully that amount of damage would be enough to dispel the clone and prevent excessive fighting, but he had to be sure he would hit the beast first. Whether he was successful or not, Yanji would jump back to a safe distance and await his results.

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Azure still desperately dodging spikes for his life had finally caught a break or so he thought. This pathway took a slight turn into a cave, catching him by surprise. As he entered, he felt his stomach rise to his throat as he dropped. This caves descent was like a roller coaster but shortly enough it lead him back up... and ended. This slide launched him into the air without a ground to fall on, oh wait there was water. But still, if he crashed on still waters from this height, it would be the same as landing on solid ground. He whipped out a grip of his seashell shuriken tossing a flurry of shadowy clouds into the still waters, breaking the surface with many ripples. He collected himself and cannon balled his way into the icy waters. The temperature shocked Azure but he was steady. His swam his way out the cave and back on course. Except, he had already reached his destination. At the end of the icy road, which was a frozen lake, it almost looked like a winter wonder castle.

Azure: "Tch! There it is! But, where..."

Azure caught eyes of the contract pearl, his hues widened. It was good for the taking but he knew better. It could just as easily be a Genjutsu, or a mouse trap to lure him in alone. This wasn't a fight that Azure could do alone, clone or not. This guy's massive amount of chakra could extend into his clones and make them exceptionally stronger, while his main body has to rest, or suffer being weakened. Or, it could be the reverse. Anyway, he needed to formulate a plan to draw him out he quickly thought to himself.

Meanwhile with Yanjirou and Ting the battle was commencing. Yanjirou with his agile feet evaded the cold waters. Ting revealed to Sai's from his back pouch pocket and wielded them with expertise. He smirked, although he wasn't an ace at Taijutsu like his brother, he was still nothing to scoff at. Kuzo was steadily watching the two. He was awestruck the boy flipped into the water, who reappeared behind him and seemed to be striking the shark man, piercing his back with his gauntlets as he let up a screech of pain. Just then, a flume of interstellar smoke would reveal a pierced a log, Ting cringed.

Ting: "Wait! Can clones body switch?!"

Ting was confused but ever so looked around and caught the chakra sense of his opponent via his sonar. The shark was now beneath them crashing up from the surface wielding a spear ended trident. He would attempt to stab Yanji in the back, but that was just before Ting crossed his Sai's and parried the Trident, trapping it. He twisted his body doing a cartwheel, causing the shark to spin and tumble, then released his Sai's sending the shark crashing into the ice. Kuzo slid, shook his head, weaved one handed jutsu's before a Water Shark Bomb was tunneling its way into the two, mid way the shark split into five, three at Yanjirou and two at Ting. These sharks would explode on contact, causing a crush effect on a full hit. They needed to be dodged entirely. Ting dropped down to his left knee. The first shark was incoming so he dodge rolled forward and tossed his Sai at the other shark bomb causing him to detonate early. Quick hand signs from Ting resulted in the ice around Kuzo encasing his feet up to his thighs and even more ice shooting from the surface to capture his arms and back, revealing his torso.

Ting: "Ice Style! Ice Prison! Yanji!!!!! Noooow!"

Ting held his hands together trying to clasp the beast even if it was just for a second on a good hit. If they could, and if he was a clone, he could disperse, and they can return to his brother whom he was so worried for. Those fleeting thoughts never escaped his mind during the heat of combat.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yanji scowled as his claw met with wood, sticking into the log and momentarily preventing use of his hands. Eyes darted around in an attempt to locate their adversary, but it was too late - for the shark-man was already upon him. This was quite possibly the moment that the young Byakko appreciated the otter's company the most, as sparks flew and the spear that could have easily been the death of Yanjirou was masterfully parried, and Kuzo sent flying backwards. Soon after, the beast found himself bound by icy pillars - a taste of his own medicine - and Ting was shouting out for his human-for-hire to finish him.

Removing his lodged claws from the slab of wood, the boy dashed over to where the two remained. Freezing water splashed up with each hurried step the boy took, and once he arrived at his target, he would thrust his claws through Kuzo's chest - assuming he was still imprisoned in ice. This would be the time that they would learn whether the creature they fought was a clone or his physical body, but hopefully his strike would be lethal regardless. Stepping back in either case, Yanji would go to Ting's side in preparation for the worst. There was no end to the surprises in this place, and neither of them could afford to make mistakes. That much was becoming clear to him. If their attack was successful, Yanjirou would relax his stance a little, but keep his all seeing eye on their surroundings. Otherwise, he would prepare to attack again.

If Successful

"I suppose we should get back to finding Azure... Shall we?" The boy said, turning to Ting and awaiting a quick response before he would return to the ice and begin walking back on the path. Once Ting took the lead once again, he would begin sliding after him. Hopefully everything was still all right on the other otter's end, it would be terrible to find that he perished due to lack of assistance. After all, Yanjirou was just beginning to like the two of them..

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Azure was waiting in silence. Things were still here, but he was one his toes regardless. He couldn't even sense th shark with sonar, he couldn't be anywhere near by. He left his position of stealth, slowly entering the opening where the pearl rested. It dazzled and beamed its beautiful glow, shimmering golden names that were engraved with infused chakra. It held many names of contractors who made pacts with the marine mammals. Just then, from around the corner clapping could be heard. It was the real Kuzo.

Kuzo: "Looks like your brother and that noob you brought, defeated my clone. Heh, I didn't really give it enough chakra. I kinda hoped I could get your brother here by himself. You are too much of a pain, but hey. You will die just fine first. Look, I don't understand, why don't you just give her up? Renounce your lord... Now please?

Azure turned to face Kuzo, drawing his Katana blade made from a tough seashell, with a razor sharp cutting edge. He took stance, pointing the top at Kuzo.

Azure: "Our loyalty is already in question for even dealing with you in the first place, and you double crossed us! I will retain my honor! I slay you HERE!"

Azure dashed, as so did Kuzo, who suddenly grew razor edge fins on his forearms, he would send an overhand left with the blade looking to cute Azure. Azure met the fin with conch sword and the clinging rang out in the icy dome, sparks flying as the two countered each other in a stalemate. The struggled against each other, Kuzo laughing, while Azure grunted.

They pushed off each other, created distance. Azure swung for Kuzo's neck, he lowered his head, Azure cut air. Kuzo counterattacked with an uppercut and Azure side stepped easily. The two turned to face each other and came each other again, clashing fin with blade in a tug of war.

Meanwhile the clone was pierced by Yanji and chuckled aloud before it dispersed into a interplanetary steam. The clone now had a breakdown on Yanji fought, that info was instantly relayed to the real Kuzo. Ting shouted out in victory. He looked over to Yanjirou to answer.

Ting: "Yes! Right! Let's go!

Ting began the pursuit, tuning into his sonar to find Azure. They still had some ways to go before they would see him again. Ting jumped onto his belly and started sliding at high speeds. This journey would be rough and riddled with obstruction such as broken icebergs, erupting geysers and other hazardous obstacles. If Yanjirou wasn't too careful one thing could lead to another and he could go down unexpectedly.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back