Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Basics of Puppetry

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
773368_vavacung_armor_u18chan.jpg

Ah, today was the day Shenron would be molding the mind of the young shinobi about the art of puppetry. Puppetry is one of the most versatile form of combat and yet so few seem willing to learn it. Shenron just could not understand why are there are so little puppeteers in this village. It is her how she can change that with the next generation of shinobi. The room Shenron resided in looked like a normal class room for the most part. Rows of desks pointed towards the front of the room. In the front of the room was a large pillow that replaced the teacher’s desk. Shenron found sitting at a desk far too uncomfortable for her particular form. Along the front wall was a row of little puppets of various types.

Shenron lays on the large pillow as she waited of her student to arrive. She would surely give them a surprise for Shenron has a quite unusual equine form. She is a dragonsteed, a name given due to her unusual tail and ability to breathe fire. Golden plated armor cover her white fur like a knight in shining armor. Her mane was a mix of blue and orange and her eyes a crimson red. Her white coat was short and fine. Her mane was lush and well kept; it may raise once curiosity to figure out who brushes her hair. Her wings were feathery with a small mixture of fur within them. Her armor was polished though there were some nicks and dents. She inhaled and exhaled and her breast plate moved slightly with each breath. Despite the puppets around her she would not likely to be assumed to be one.

The headmaster had informed her that there was at least one student interested in her class. She hopes more will turn up, but if only one comes she will be happy just the same. As she lays on her pillow she eagerly watches the door to see the first student to arrive. She wonders how they would react to her; humans are so unpredictable that way. Perhaps next time she’ll have Ryuki accompany her.

Kirashi Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nao walked quietly down the hall, keeping an eye out for the classroom she was supposed to have a puppetry lesson in today. The subject had always held her interest, she just didn't know that the academy had classes on it. She always found ninja puppetry graceful, attacking with only a flick of a few fingers Her eyes glided from door to door as she passed them one after another. They all looked exactly the same, just at different intervals, it was a wonder how anyone found their destination in this building. Nao wondered what her teacher would be like; a man? Woman? Nao was sure they would be an accomplished shinobi of some sort, maybe even a master of puppets. She was excited to meet this mentor of hers for today. When the correct room finally showed up, Nao made her way inside and noticed a row of small puppets line up at the front of the classroom.

"Hm, intersting. Um....Excuse me? Is the teacher i-" Nao was cut off by her own shock. At the front of the room next to the puppets was a horse. Literally, a horse. "Ummmm....?" Nao's mouth wouldn't formulate intelligent words until a few seconds later. "A-Are you the teacher?" Nao asked, not sure of the equine.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shenron smiles and nods her head, “Yes please pick a puppet and take a seat.” There were eight dolls to choose from and they did not look cheap. They looked like fine china dolls with porcelain skin; however these were much more durable. Each one resembled a little girl stand a little over a foot in height. Who ever created them spent a lot of time crafting these works of art: it almost seems a shame to use them in combat. The details in the looks of the dolls were so vivid that they seemed to portray personalities even though they were simply standing up against a wall.

The first one furthest from the door was taller than the rest; a good head above the one next to her. Her appearance had an almost dark persona like one that primarily put herself first. Not surprising, she was an offensive type puppet; built to attack her enemies without mercy. Ironically she is dressed in black in an almost maid like outfit; though she gives of the feeling of only caring for herself, her outfit say she will serve her master. Her hair is long and is as white as a dove. Her eyes were the color of amethysts and small black wings spouted out her back. She was like a dark angel; welcoming but still drew fear.

The next one was also an offensive type, but unlike the one before she does not give of the feeling of one who would attack with out mercy. She seemed to be more like one that would only attack in order to protect. Unlike her predecessor that inspired fear; she inspired confidence. She had long blonde hair that went all the way to the floor tied into twin pony tails with black ribbons. Her attire was red; a red bonnet in her hair and a red dress on her body. A green bow with a rose center piece decorated her neck. Her eyes were like sapphires and even seemed to shimmer in the light.

The next one had a somewhat fearful expression on her face like someone that is rather shy around new people. Her persona was that of a timid little girl not meant for the front line of battle and nor was she created for such a task. She was a support type puppet whose task was to stand behind with her master and provide healing to those who are injured. She looked like one with a tender heart and a kind soul. She had an Irish maid look about her with lots of green. Her hair was long a brown, but what were really interesting were her eyes. They were two different colors; the left was green and the other red.

The next doll had the same eyes but in the opposite order. This one was a little harder to tell the gender of. With her shorts brown hair and her wearing short instead of dresses like the other, most would assume she was a boy. However she does still possess a feminine figure like the others. This one gave off a similar feeling as Shenron; duty and honor above all else. She was a defensive type and will do all that is in her power to protect her master from any incoming dangers even if it meant sacrificing herself in the process.

The next one was the smallest and stood less than a foot. She was like Goldilocks straight from the story of the three bears. Her persona was cheerful and carefree. She welcomed new people with glee. She was a supportive type but not like the previous one. The pervious one was timid and stood back to heal, but she would jump into the fray without any hesitation. This support puppet was one that worked in collaboration with a puppet of an offensive type. She would aid to make an attack stronger. She worked well as a partner, but fights quite poorly by herself. Her hair was short and blonde and her attire was all pink.

The next one was not too much taller than Goldilocks and served a similar purpose. She was also a support type that specialized with working with other puppets. However instead of making attacks hit harder, she made barriers stronger and armor more durable. Like the pink one she too required a partner to be of any use. Her hair was short and green. She wore a yellow outfit and held a violin. She was the only puppet in the set the held some sort of weapon. She was made to use chakra infuse music to perform support type jutsu.

The last two seem to be twins for they looked practically identical. Now if the first one inspired fear, these two inspirited under terror. They looked like they would kill someone just for the fun of it. Funny enough they were both defensive types. They laughed at enemies attacks as they block it with little effort. Unlike the other defensive type it was not about honor, it was a mater of pride. They wore similar outfits of white and purple respectfully. They also had a rose like eye patch in a single eye.

Shenron was more than curious to see which one she would pick. Her chose could say a lot about and how she fights. It was likely obvious which one the teacher favored. “Choose wisely.” A random pick would tell Shenron nothing; not to mention picking a puppet by random is never a good option. A puppet is no mere weapon; it is a partner that will fight along side you. Shenron have seen Puppeteers wielding puppets incompatible with there fighting style.

th

Kirashi Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nao was a little shocked that her teacher for a class on puppets was well...a horse. It seemed a bit odd, considering she doesn't have fingers, something key to working the machines. Nao didn't want to bring it up though, so she just followed her instructions and began examining the small dolls at the front of the classroom. They were smooth and lifelike, seemingly made from porcelain and garbed in little outfits that betrayed their fighting style and personality; Nao questioned if that was the right word in her head. She looked at the puppets closely, trying to imagine what their abilites and traps were, she assumed the two with eye patches were of a kind, they gave of a dark, scary vibe, Nao decided she wouldn't pick those ones. Nao did find interest in the one that seemed very shy and timid, she sort of mimicked her in that regard, Nao wasn't very good with people, but like helping people. This puppet was probably not meant for hard combat, she didn't seem like the type for the front lines.

Nao decided on the shy looking one, she picked it up and said:

"I'll pick this one." Nao said making her way to a seat on the front row. The puppet was slightly heavier than she would have imagined, Nao almost dropped her, but caught her at the last second.

Nao set the little doll next to her on the desk and looked to the teacher expectantly. She was excited to learn about puppets, she always found the fine art intriguing. Fighting with only a flick of a few fingers, she assumed it took a lot of concentration and skill, she was eager to gain these. She took a second and glanced around the room, until now she hadn't noticed, the room was completely empty. Was she the only student interested in the subject of puppets? It seemed a valuable skill for a shinobi, Nao expected a bigger turn out for this class, but a one-on-one lesson might let Nao learn more than she would if the teaching was generalized for many students. She decided to not look this gift horse in the mouth and focus on the puppet.

She examined the doll, she hadn't gotten a really close look at this one. She wore a lot of green cloth and had long brown hair, it was very beautiful, her eyes finished the package and tied it off with a bow. The left was green and the right was red, it was called "heterochromia" in humans, if Nao's cousin Kaoki was correct. It was probably just an interesting design feature in this puppet though, still rather pretty. She really did look and feel like a little girl, she gave off an aura of timidness and social anxiety, Nao wondered how one would use her in a real fight. Nao didn't even realize that she was referring to a puppet, an inanimate object with human characteristics; that, if anything should speak to the puppet's creator's skill. Nao admired the puppet in silence, waiting for further instruction.​
<i>
</i>

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shenron could not help but smile at Nao choice, though any of them would be alright if it fitted her. Shenron felt like she got a small glimpse of who this child really is. The mare could tell that there was a connection between Nao and her choice. Now Shenron would love to just drive straight into the lesson, but etiquette dictates that introductions should come first before continuing on with the lesson. Considering it appears no more students will be attending, to Shenron’s dismay, that time would be now. “My name is Shenron and yes I am a pony. Explaining my ability to talk and teach this class would likely take up all of our time. Please just accept I am what I am.” Her words sounded rather rehearsed like she’s practiced this introduces many times before starting the class. "It is unfortunate the turnout was not what I expected, but that simply means I can guide you better.” Shenron gets up off the pillow and trots over to her student for her first lesson. She wanted to be able to see the reaction clearly for what she was about to ask of her. “The one you picked as your partner is Suiseki. Please introduce yourself to her.” Probably one of the most unusual requests she’s gotten; to talk to a doll like it is real. She might even think she is mad, but there is a reason for her madness. Some of the greatest puppeteers deceive others into thinking their puppets are real people. Why? Because any idiot would know to rush the puppeteer in a battle, but if he doesn’t know the person is puppeteering he may decide to attack the puppet instead. Talking to the doll is the first step to learning this deception. If she feels uncomfortable, it’s only natural. If she complete refuses to do it, it’s understandable. These actions are alright for a beginner; Shenron will just have to explain herself. However it is her understanding that human girls do like to play with dolls, so perhaps she will be able to do it without discomfort.

Kirashi Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Suiseki. That was this doll's name, interesting, it suited her well. Nao was told to introduce herself to the little puppet; she did, saying "Hi, my name is Kirashi Nao, I hope we can work well together." Nao said smiling at the little figure.

Nao didn't expect a response, but she tried to be as polite as possible to the little thing. She was pretty sure she knew why Shenron-sensei had asked her to introduce her self, the puppet isn't meant to be a tool, more of a partner. Another member to help in combat and support you accordingly; Nao knew this and acted as such. She shook the little dolls hand, she wasn't as put off as Shenron-sensei must've imagined. She lived in her bed for 6 years of her life, she had to make friends with her toys then, so speaking to a puppet wasn't anything new. She looked at the other dolls and wondered what their personalities would be like if they talked. Nao imagined that Suiseki would be very timid and cute acting, like a little sister,(did Kaoki-nee-san saw her like that?) the others would be different obviously, but she didn't think any were evil or malicious, maybe the two on the end. The twin looking puppets gave of an aura of terror, instilling a fear in both "friend" (Nao used the word liberally) or foe. She didn't like those ones, she really didn't like them. She might have been over reacting, children tend to do so often, but she averted her eyes from the twins and faced Shenron-sensei.

[OOC] Sorry for short post, kinda tired today, wasn't feeling it.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Nao would shake the dolls hand she would experience something she did not expect; a response. Suiseki looks downward unwilling to look her partner in the eyes and spoke, “Um, well thank you for picking me. I’ll try to do my best.” She was just as timid as she looked but how was she moving? The answer is simple if Nao was looking at Shenron. Shenron’s tail performs graceful movement as the doll did her actions. Shenron’s tail was not like a horse where it is all hair; it was more like a long donkey’s tail, but covered in armor.

“I’m sure you were wondering how I am able to use puppetry without any fingers. That is because you’re thinking puppetry is like controlling a marionette; using string to tuck and pull at limbs. This is a common misconception and leads to jumpy and jagged movements, which is not very convincing in fooling anyone. A master puppeteer can control a puppet with a single thread like how I’m doing it with my tail. You infuse the puppet with your chakra and control the puppet by manipulating the charka you put into it.” Suiseki suddenly goes limp as Shenron breaks her control over the little doll. “Now to make things easier I want you to keep hold of Suiseki’s hand and let your chakra flow into her. Once you do that try to get her to move.” Creating strings is difficult for beginners, so the first step would be mastering control with physical contact. This technique may also help her learn how to channel ninjutsu through weapons like some shinobi do. Her first attempt will most likely be small or fidgety, but Shenron will help guide her through the motions.

[OOC: Oh I know how it is. Probably could have done a little better myself but I don't want to have you wait on me to long.]

Kirashi Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
WHA?! The puppet responded! How did it do that? It wasn't attached to strings was it? Nao was shocked at the puppets response to say the least. She jumped back and inspected it with caution. Maybe Shenron-sensei had been controlling it some how...but how? She didn't have fingers, but wait, her tail. Nao noticed her tail flicker as Suiseki moved and responded. It was graceful and very fluid, almost effortless. She was mesmerized by the ability of this equine, she wasn't even human, but Nao suspected she was and is more powerful than Nao could think to imagine. She was lucky to have such a gifted teacher all to herself, now Nao was a bit happy that no one else showed up, but she wouldn't voice that opinion.

"Well, Shenron-sensei, I had no idea you could puppeteer with your tail, that's quite a skill. I guess I should expect no less from my sensei." Nao complimented.

Shenron then explained how she was able to do such a feat. She infused the doll with her chakra and was able to manipulate it's movements with only one string. That's pretty incredible, being able to work a puppet with only a single string. Nao could only hope to attain that level of skill, she probably couldn't do that now, obviously. She listened to the explanation and then proceeded to do as she was told. She began to channel her chakra into the tips of her fingers, that were firmly placed on the back and arms of the doll. Nao could feel pressure building up in her finger tips, and then she imagined a dam opening, letting out water, and like that, the doll hopped up and stood straight, but as quickly as it woke up, it fell lifeless back to the table.

"Ooops..." Nao said looking to Shenron "What did I do wrong?" Nao asked saddened, but not defeated.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Nao was quite impressed with Shenron’s ability to puppeteer with only one string, but of course that is only a stepping stone to a master’s ability. “My dear Nao, my tail is only one method.” She then takes in a deep breath and turns to the puppets standing in the front of the room. With a roar like that of a tiger’s, she spewed dark violet flames. Within the flame were little white sparkle that sparkled as they traveled now the stream of fire thus giving the flame an almost night sky-like appearance. The blaze hit the puppet dressed in red covering its whole body, but the fire did not consume it. It seemed to have a life of it own and like water it swirled and flowed into the doll. When Shenron silenced her roar the doll came to life. “I can allow my chakra to remain in the puppet while having no connection to it at all. This is called puppet channeling, but that is for a far more advance class.” Normally Shenron did not like to show off, but she figured this little act could inspire Nao to become better; it could give her a goal to shoot for.

The doll brought to life by Shenron’s flames of chakra smiles, “No you have done fine for your first attempt.” The doll walks forward and spoke as she nears Nao. “A puppet is more than just a partner. It is an extension of yourself.” When she got to Nao’s desk she looks over at Shenron. Shenron sighs and lays down, thus allowing doll to step on her back. Shenron then gets back onto her feet and the doll walks onto the desk. “Unlike a clone which only shares experiences after it has been extinguished, a puppet shares its vision constantly. It can serve as a second line of sight; almost like sharing a soul between multiple bodies.” There are those who go in search of forbidden arts for such an ability and yet something so simple as this lay under there nose completely unnoticed.

Now Shenron was not going to let the doll take over the class. She appreciated the little one giving her input, but she is still the teacher here. “Looking through your puppets eyes can be disorienting. So this time I want you to close your eyes and try again. Don’t just move the doll, be the doll. Let you essence flow into her; have her be a new body for your consciousness to inhabit.” Shenron remembers when she first did this. To have one’s soul free from the shackles of one body and entering into another vassal, it was quite an unique experience; it was very… transcending. It’s like being reborn. She has seen weak and cowardly people take on a brave soldier as their companion. She has seen those who are hot headed and short tempered have kind and gentle partners. It is because we desire to be greater than ourselves and a puppet can be an excellent outlet for these desires. As a new body they are not bound to the same expectations; they can act however you want them to and through them you can come closer to how you desire yourself to be.

Kirashi Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nao listened further to the teacher and was thoroughly impressed with Shenron-sensei's demonstration. The flames of chakra swirling their way towards the puppet dressed in red. Then, when they made contact, the puppet came to life, without strings! Nao was amazed she didn't think this sort of thing was possible. The doll moved as if it were a human itself, this must've been Shenron-sensei controlling it, right? No way the puppet was alive, or was it? Nao watched as the puppet smiled (it was kinda creepy) and praised her attempt, then further explain that puppets weren't only partners, but extensions of yourself, like another body, Nao hadn't ever considered puppets like that before.

"Wow, ummm, I'm sorry I don't know your name." Nao said, addressing the puppet directly, as if it were the teacher. " And this 'Channeling'... at an advanced level, I could do this?" Nao asked.

She wanted to master this technique, she could essentially, use puppets and taijutsu at the same time, without having to pull strings and control the bodies directly. It was incredibly useful in combat, at least for her personal style anyway, she continued to listen, but her mind wandered, she put her hands on the doll when instructed and tried to focus, but began to think about a fight where she was using 'Channeling'. She looked up at the ceiling, mind gone from the class and on a future fight, that may or may not happen. She didn't realize that her puppet was doing the same thing. Where ever she looked, it followed, she'd 'let her essence flow into her' as her teacher instructed. The funny thing was, she did it without trying, it must've happened because her mind was a blank and she was open to the flow of her chakra. Strange, Nao had expected it to be a bit harder, she wasn't bragging, only it seemed effortless when touching the doll, why had it been so hard before? Nao also wanted to try one more thing.

"Shenron-sensei, am I doing this correct?" Asked Suiseki, the doll's lips moving as if they were Nao's own.

"Yes!" Shouted Nao, breaking her connection and dropping the doll from her control. "Ooops...sorry."

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Before the doll in red could answer her question on channeling or even give a name, it falls onto the desk lifeless like a puppet with its strings cut. “And that’s the draw back of that jutsu. Without a connection to its master, it eventually winds down. But yes I can teach you at a later date.” Shenron would be proud to teach this young girl. For a long time she longed to make a difference and here she is inspiriting a child to greatness. Nao was a dream come true to her. Watching the girl and her doll, it seems Nao has quite an innate gift for puppetry. She seemed to move the doll on an almost unconscious level; a feet she has seen a few times before. She recalls those who were mentally imbalanced and were plagued with voices. They too puppeteer on an unconscious level giving the voices they hear a body through which to speak. Puppetry true is quite a useful skill for all to learn for it has so many applications. This is not to say she was mad, but unusually gifted. “Impressive. I was not expecting you to be able to make it speak. You have quite a talent, but you need to control your emotional outbursts. Now try again.” Shenron wants to see if this was a fluke or did see really have the skill to go to the next step, which would be puppetry with strings.

Kirashi Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Alright..." Nao breathed in and placed her hands on the small porcelain doll. She tried to do what she did before, focus on speaking in her head, thinking what she would want to say as the doll. She tried for a couple minutes, but nothing happened. How? This was so easy before, Nao kept trying and refused to show any sign of it not working, she didn't want to disappoint Shenron-sensei. She tried flowing more chakra in, almost all of it was being infused into the puppet, it wouldn't move. Nao was not going to give up until the very end, she would make this doll talk! ... Maybe that was just it. Maybe she needed to think of this doll not as such, but as a living thing, at least..she could try. She tried talking to the doll mentally:

"Hello, Suiseki? Can you respond?" Nao thought towards the doll. "Please...I need to do this, if you can talk or let me make you talk, please." Nao pleaded.

Still, the doll sat motionless, held up by only her hands. Nao was just about to give up, but suddenly, a response. It could've been Nao's imagination, but it seemed entirely real. She didn't care, either way. Suiseki spoke into her mind.

"Ummm...Hi. I'm Suiseki, but y-you already knew that...sorry." She said bashfully. Nao was overjoyed. She had gotten through to the doll. Man, that sounded crazy even in her head. "ummm, what was it you needed?" Suiseki squeaked.

"Oh my gosh! Suiseki! You can talk! Yes! Can you help me?" Nao asked.

"Wi-with what?" She responded.

"Can I speak through you? As a sort of start to our partnership?" Nao asked hoping to coax cooperation from the shy puppet.

"Ummmm... I don't know how...sorry." Suiseki said, shrinking back.

"Well, let's just try this, I'll tell you what I want you to say, then you say it. Alright?" Nao asked.

"We can t-try." Suiseki said.

Nao then proceeded to flow chakra and lines of dialouge to Suiseki. She recited a short excerpt from her favorite novel. The doll spoke with fluency of any other person, except, a bit timid, that was Suiseki's personality bleeding through. Nao was so proud of herself and Suiseki, she was the center of the plan. The little doll worked hard to remember the words Nao relayed to her via a mental connection. It was awesome. Nao finished and thanked Suiseki and promised to speak again sometime. She then looked to Shenron-sensei expectantly.

"So? How was that?" Nao asked shining her pearly whites.​

[OOC: Sorry it took so long. I had some irl happenings, but I posted now, so yay. And just fyi the conversation between Suiseki and Nao was all mental, if you didn't catch that. :D ]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Okay it was definitely not a fluke; obviously she has mastered this lesson and is ready to move on to the next one. “Okay, now that that you got that down let move on to the next step, which of coarse is to have your partner take a step.” Shenron smiles a little because she felt like she did a pun there. It was a bit of a lame joke but Shenron was not one to tell jokes often. “I want you to keep your chakra flowing into the doll like you are now and just have Suiseki walk away from your hand. Strings should form to connect you to your companion.” Shenron then waited to see the inevitable. Chakra strings are fragile and can break under a disruption of chakra flow. From previous events she assumes the doll will take a step, which would cause Nao to cheer and then her string would snap thus causing Suiseki to fall lifeless once more. But who knows, she has surprised her once already.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back