Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private The Basics [Tutor]

Nakamura Kana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kana had a lot on her mind of late as there was lots going on in the world of this young fifteen year old kunoichi. A lot of the weight and pressure was beginning to get to her and she needed to find a way to blow off some steam. The way her mind best focused in recent times has been through training. Rebuilding herself and becoming a stronger more dangerous weapon than even before. Leaving her home she would only take one thing with her, a large stone training sword that weighed nearly thrice what she did. Hefting it over one shoulder she would make her way toward the Dojo.

Dressed in simple brown robes, Kana would find herself a secluded area in which to train within the Toraono Dojo. Normally she would find hitting a target helped her, but today she would spend time working on her form. With her unique doujutsu it made finding even the smallest flaw in her movements possible to detect, and Kana was doing her best to teach herself. Though not all of it was perfect, as nothing could be without being properly instructed. Kana would weave her feet into sloppy positioning where it would be easy to throw off her balance. Attempts to slice were a bit wild instead of concise and to the point. There was much to work on, though the young girl just wasn't seeing it for herself.

She had quickly mastered a lot of her ninjutsu-based techniques but the subtle arts of taijutsu constantly seemed to escape her. However, persistence and practice would be key here as she continued to master this craft. A sense of pride could be felt coming forth from the Uchiha as she attempts to hone her skills and truly become a deadly weapon in every facet available.

[Tutor: 1/5]
[WC:304/1,500]
[MFT]

Last edited:

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sound of a series of muffled pops would echo out from within the mostly silent dojo. The sound, while not loud, would find it's clashing with the silence that followed the focus of the young female. Had she chosen to address the sound of the noise, or more so had her reflexes and special eyes drawn her to the source, she would notice a rather tall figure approaching. The man, standing 190.5 cm, would be dressed in a peculiar fashion for the dojo; a purple suit with a red button-up shirt and dark purple tie. His hair, a lighter shade of purple than his attire, would also stand a bit out, but people having unique hair was fairly common nowadays. His face wore a pleasant smirk as he tucked his left hand into his pants pocket and continued to make his way towards the girl.

His previous master, the former Sennin Roku, requested before he disappeared during the night he went to confront the forces of the Daimyo, that he, and the members of their elite team that served the Sennin within the ANBU ranks, would take time to take off their masks and integrate themselves back into the village. They were rather unremarkable until Roku had found them and turned them into his ANBU and personal squadron, but they were never part of the village. Kousuke believes that Roku, who had also become reclused from the heartbeat of the village, regretted that before his disappearance. Knowing that he might not return, he made sure to leave this as one of his final orders. So in honor of that, Kousuke found himself at the dojo and eager to help a young potential shinobi. It was then that the young female, withdrawn from the rest of the dojo, caught his attention.

"You are rather unrefined, young one."

He would then pause. Now that he was closer, he would take time to once more scan the figure before him and begin to discern a quick write up of her skills. It wasn't an exact science, of course, but more of an experience and practice thing. Something his time in the ANBU, especially since taking over as the acting "Tenken", the leader of the masked soldiers, had instilled in him. Yet, he needed a bit more to fully assess this young one.

"You have sharp eyes, your face wears the strain of heavy concentration rather clearly... you don't seem to struggle to wield the weapon, which can be a limiting factor for some young shinobi. Instead, your hurdle lies within."

Placing his still exposed right hand into his pants pocket, he would narrow his eyes upon the girl and her practice weapon. "Would you like a little lesson, young practitioner?"

Was this abrasive? Was this too forward? Was this too random? Probably, but he didn't care. He gave up a long time ago worrying about how others viewed his actions or his appearance. What he lacked in potential tact of approaching a random person, he could easily make up in experience handling a weapon.

And he would help this girl, whether she realized it or not.

OOC: Entered as NPC Kousuke
524 words

Nakamura Kana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kana was accustomed to the passing glance, as well as those who would stop and stare. Obvious whispers about her to a friend, and things of the like. So, it wasn't out of the ordinary for Kana to simply pretend that the footsteps she heard growing closer did not exist. Perhaps if she ignored it for long enough, it would simply go away. At least that's what usually worked. Though this man seemed different, he approached with a very self assured posture, even while looking in the opposite direction she could easily tell this man carried an air of superiority with him. Fully expecting the man to take note of her and move on, it was quite the surprise when he stopped and continued watching a bit. This did not deter her practice and she would continue with the task at hand, though curiosity was beginning to peak. So when the man spoke and it seemed there was nothing vile within his words, she would listen. Taking in the knowledge that the man was attempting to impart unto her and then responding.

"Of course. I'm not too stubborn to turn away the help. Most simply don't seem as willing to offer it."

For the first time she would turn to the man and he would be able to see the unique doujutsu the girl possessed. Swirling tomoes on a blanketed sea of endless white filled her hues as they seemed to stare into the very being of everything before her. Perhaps the man's style was a bit abrasive or forceful. Though, it seemed that was the sort of attitude that Kana best responded to.

"Show me please."

A simple request and as she made it her arms would wind back into a starting positioning. Her feet spreading a bit too far apart, and her elbows a bit too close together. She looked stiff as a board instead of fluid like water, and it showed with every movement that came after. Kana would go through a full routine of slashes before looking back up at the man for either a sense of approval with improvement, or more likely a sigh that there is more to still be learned.

[Tutor: 2/5]
[WC: 671/1500]

Last edited:

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Be polite... you know, not like an asshole.

It was one of the simplest teachings Roku had given himself and his fellow squad mates. Roku, while having a bit of a heyday in his youth, was more of a normal person. Hina, Shiki, and himself were on the opposite side of the spectrum. They weren't known for their sophistication or social presence, they were outcasts. Granted, of the three, he was head and shoulders the closest one with any tact. Shiki looked and acted deranged since day 1 and Hina could barely form a sentence. While he had the appearance that spoke one way, his actual words at times would defy that image.

"I am going to ask a serious question--is this truly the weapon you wish to master?"

Seriously, just don't be an asshole...

It was easier said than done, and his assumed dead master should have been very well aware of that. That said, and while it came off as blunt, he did not care to sugar coat this to the girl because of her gender or her age. Kousuke viewed shinobi, regardless of anything, as weapons for the village. They were either sharpened, on their way to be sharpened, were dull, or broken. This young girl needed to be sharpened.

"If this is your weapon of choice, that is fine, and I will get to the recommendation of your form here in a moment--"

Hina once referred to him as "...a lot...", and maybe he was. Maybe this was too much for a random new person who was trying to build themselves into whatever ideal image they had in mind. What they had in youthful hope, he had in experienced reality. Still, he had not flat out said she couldn't use the sword, he just wanted to process a bit more before actually continuing.

With his hands still in his pocket, he would take a step forward and then pause, turning his head to the side as he once more assessed the figure before him. "This isn't meant to be cliche, so don't go that way, but what are you striving for? What is the big goal you have set out before yourself? Why draw this sword at all?"

Youth had a tendency to telegraph the response to this question. It wasn't bad, it just was what it was; their perception wasn't fully developed so there tended to be more idealism to their "goals". Yet, this girl's eyes were different, and not just because they were ghostly white with strange markings swirling within them. She had the eyes of someone who had the bandaid of "just being a child" ripped off already. So he wished to know more about her.

453 / 977 total words

Nakamura Kana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kana would look at the man and truly listen as he spoke. She would give him some time to process what she was doing and how to formulate his words. The true eagerness of a child to jump and respond the second a question was asked was not something the young Uchiha was keen on. Often times preferring to allow a person time to formulate their ideas in full so as not to misunderstand them. She would place the sword to her side for a moment, allowing the massive weight to relax within her arms, and causing her to emit a sigh. Starring down at herself for a moment, then looking at the weapon and back up at the man she would slowly reply.

"I wish to master all weapons. I figured this was a good start to build strength, form, and a way to make myself feel uncomfortable. Often times it's when we master being uncomfortable that we can strive in situations that are unknown. I don't exactly imagine myself using something so large and clunky in a real battle, though training with it did seem practical."

The young girl already had an idea that the man would tell her to practice with what you plan on using. Yet every practical application seemed to tell her otherwise. The ability to learn to utilize ninjutsu in the way she can to warp the world around her took immense amount of stepping into the unknown. To face that fear and learn as she went. Why was this so different? Perhaps that's why she had such an issue with Taijutsu at all. Though it's something she wanted to fix, and she would. Kana was determined. Not only to master the sword, but how to properly use every weapon available to a shinobi.

"So, yes. I want to learn this wield this weapon, and many many more."

[Tutor: 3/5]
[WC: 985/1500]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
He would listen to her reasoning and he would nod.

"The practicality of being good at every weapon, it's idealist... it's the trait of a good soldier... it sounds like the right answer", yet he would follow this with a small sigh as he would finally remove his hands from his pocket. "Jack of all trades is a master of none... in a real life or death situation will you be scouring your arsenal to find the best weapon? Will you bring multiple weapons to the battle with you... or will you fixate to a singular weapon, maybe two, that is the core of who you are... in a battle sense, of course."

He would then stretch out his right hand and beckon for the weapon from the female. It was true, she was wielding an ungodly weapon for her form, frame, and physical abilities. It was like a bird trying to learn how to swim to make it a more effective animal. Would it be good, probably. Was it practical, hardly. It could already fly.

"That said, I feel I understand the pride of youth, and you have the dedication to use this god awful thing to become better... better at wielding a big clunky weapon you will never use, but still... better."

The youth take on burdens that we place on them, so go easy when you hear their ideas!

"Taijutsu users are different than ninjutsu... and then genjutsu are their only little weird thing. You splitting your focus because you believe there is some benefit to being 'multifaceted' is a tremendous waste of your talent. It's the thought process of the young. In a real fight, your mind will narrow on the core things that you are good at. You won't be thinking "okay, for this fight, I think I will use this because of that". I mean, you can have options, but to think that you will either have the time to completely change your foundation each encounter or that your opponent will give you the benefit of time to decide the best course of action is the quickest way to a foolish death."

He would still wait upon the sword, and if she placed it in his hand he would then proceed, "But I get it; you know why what you are doing is the best. Who am I to stand in the way of your... years of experience." He would smirk and glance down upon the child. "That is a bit of a mean joke, but the rest of my words are sincere... speaking of sincerity, I am not here to just knock you off what you wish to do. It is good to hear an argument against your own thoughts at the time, that said... let me show you advice that you might find more helpful in this moment."

476 / 1453 total words

Nakamura Kana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kana would intently listen to the man before her. He was attempting to give her some overall life lessons. Stop trying to be a master of everything, for you'll become a master of none. This was something she had heard before, though she still believed she could master many things. She would heed the words of the man and she would place the sword forward. Offering it to the older shinobi.

"I do wish to learn to master the art of Taijutsu. With this weapon in particular or any other, i figured the motions would typically be the same. Though if you had some advice as to what weapons in particular I can pick up. I'm all ears."

Thinking further on what he said she would think back to all her training with Ninjutsu, and truthfully how she felt a plateau for her power in that regard. With her new found body, she believed she could focus on melee combat to a far greater degree than she was ever capable of taking her ninjutsu previously.

"I've handed over my blade, but today I don't wish to practice on my Ninjutsu. I also don't see that as being the key thing to win me a battle. I've seen others fight, and I know my capabilities in those regards. I think I'd lose, even if I put all my effort toward it. Though, I think if I get good enough at this, I can use them in combination to be the greatest fighter that this village has ever seen."

Kana would not be blunt. She knew the potential she had in herself, and one day... she would be the strongest.

[Tutor 4/5]
[WC:1261/1500]

Last edited:

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Taking the weapon he would begin to slowly swing it around, analyzing the bulky thing.

"Yes, yes... becoming a good soldier, fighter, weapon... all commendable, if not predictable."

Her admittance that this art, this weapon, or potentially any other wouldn't be her forte in a fight did make him smile.

"Good, since you are honest with yourself, in at least the notion that this pursuit outside of your strengths may ultimately be fruitless, I will bless you with some true advice."

He would then begin to swipe the weapon. The swipes at first would be slow and clunky, but each successive swipe would increase in speed and fluidity.

"I will give you three lessons, no additional cost is necessary. The first lesson is simple--what you were already doing is the path to traditionally learn to use weapons. There isn't some magic spell to change that fact; repetition and perfect practice make perfect. Not simply 'practice makes perfect'. What you were doing early, however, wasn't perfect. You were pushing ahead with the practicing while not working on the fundamentals. That is a good way to improve at being sloppy. Slow down, work on your movements, and then with time, you will master. This weighty thing comes with a catch, as you are also needing to increase your upper body strength to use it properly...and then focusing on proper form."

He would then stop his swings. Tightening his grip with his right hand he would use his left hand to undo the button on his coat jacket. Giving himself a bit more freedom to move, he would raise the stone training blade up into the air. The area around him would start to build tension as his body, stoic, would start to emit a faint glow.

"The second lesson maybe isn't revolutionary... and maybe goes against my notion early that there isn't a magic spell to just become better at taijutsu. There isn't... but there is a way to immediately cover up your piss poor form in the short term, and that is by becoming more destructive with the use of chakra."

Through his clothing, the tensing and expanding of his muscles would become noticeable, as the buttons of his redshirt began to tighten and his neck seemed to be pushing his collar to its limits.

"Manipulating your chakra to not aid you in jutsu but to aid you in physical feats should honestly be common practice, but many avoid it to sustain their chakra reservoirs for their ninjutsu. Yet, if you use it in moderation you can increase your offense and your defense, making your body more durable and stronger."

He would then swing the training sword downward, missing the training dummy before him but letting loose a booming forceful gust from his swing that the dummy would uproot and go rocketing towards the nearest wall of the dojo. Kousuke would let out a sigh.

"Better weapon and I would have split the damn thing open... oh well, anyway... the last lesson."

Taking the training sword he would lightly flick it downwards sending the blunt weapon stabbing into the ground.

"Poisons. Don't become proficient in weapon usage, hell purposely look bad at using weapons, but learn to coat your weapon of choice in poison and practice to become an expert at delivering a single blow. Use your poor form to lull the opponent into thinking you aren't a threat, and then work them into a position that you know you can execute a single strike flawlessly, and then kill them."

With that, he would nod to the female and smirk, "I think I like the third option the best. I know it's a pretty played-out trope; the kunoichi with poison... but still, I think it's a damn good approach and one that doesn't have you obsessing to become a master at every weapon."

642 / 2,095 total words

Nakamura Kana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kana would listen and watch intently. Taking in everything the man said and not replying until it was her turn. He would touch on a volume of topics, the most important towards helping her though was the first. Mastering her practice and making it truly perfect, this would be her main intent her moving forward. If nothing else, she would at least learn from that.

"Played out trope or not. I do think utilizing any advantage is something we should all aim to do. I'd like to give what you're saying a shot. Perhaps you can tell me if I'm picking up what you're putting down.

Extending her hand she would wait for the man to pass her back the stone training sword. Once she had the blade again in her grasp she would exhale fully in preparation. It would seem like she took everything the man had just done before her and molded it into her fighting style in a most seamless fashion. Projecting and pumping her chakra into her limbs she would beef herself up, utilizing the form the man showed her to swing now with a force and precision that was not there previously. The first few swings like his would be slow and clunky, then speed up with force and direction. Now she would add some of her own flare. Spinning above the ground she would twirl the hilt of the blade within her fingers causing it to spin rapidly. Then standing atop the blade she would use the force of her momentum to drill it into the ground of the training dojo. A burst of chakra moving outward to the training dummy against the wall would shatter the material to pieces upon contact. Flipping off her blade her feet clung onto the hilt and flipped it back into her hands.

Extending her hand with the blade she would like to see the man do more. After all, she learned best by watching.

"That's a lot! I think I'm getting the hang out of it though. Think you'd help me some more in the future?

It was a lot of training for one day. She was planning on leaving, but could stay for more if prompted.

[Tutor 5/5]
[WC: 1,630/1,500]
[Leaving Topic, or Continuing Tutor in a new Thread. I'll leave it up to you Raizo :)]

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back