Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The First Day of The Rest of Your Life [ANBU Branch/Open]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was a large gathering of people here, outside of the Hokage's office and anyone with a pair of eyes could see this. This gathering of people were a mixture of the employees who worked for Konoha's Village Council and what seemed like most if not all of the village Anbu were gathered here.

At the head of the crowd, a large stage was set up with a podium, yet oddly no Mic or Sound System. There were some older advisors who sat on top of this stage but none more relevant than the man who was now Konoha's Anbu Sennin.

Masaru Yuuto stood at the front of the podium though he had not said a word. All any Anbu knew was that a call went out earlier that stated any Anbu Personnel, Anbu, Trainee, Secretary etc. Were to show up in front of the Hokage Mansion for a Branch Address.

Yuuto was dressed in a large black leather coat over his lightweight body armor underneath. Everyone who didn't know theThree Eyed Sennin would find out about him today. For now he would stand still observing the crowd file in until he felt like no one else was coming.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi walked into the auditorium, his eyes instantly latched onto the ANBU Sennin, a small smirk on his lips as he knew that this would at least be an interesting meeting. As he passed pass those that intending he recognised a few of them from passing and his duty as the ANBU Captain. The white hood of his robes up above his head identifying him among the lot for his station on the branch as he passed the normal blank masked black robed men of the branch. His black and red mask unique for them but showed a tiger like features as his chosen animal as he moved.

Gone was the usual dyed black hair that he took on when he was on assignment, the green hair hidden from under the hood that covered him. He nodded to a few of the ANBU as he passed that decided to state hello, or recognise him through the mingling of the crowd, knowing that soon they would see more in their ranks. At least that is what he hoped for, as he slunk past a few of them he found himself in the front row, trying to figure out where to sit. Shrugging he looked down at the ANBU that sat in the corner seat, the rest of the isle free for him to move to.

“Hey, I’m going to need that seat and the one next to you for my better half”

“Yes Sir”

The response blunts as the man moved up slightly, not wanting to cause a fuss. Being a captain was hard work sometimes, but it had its perks. As he slunk down into the corner seat the space beside him now free for when Yuki turned up. The captain allowed his eyes to glance to the flow of people before he turned back to Yuuto. His mind flashed back to the very relaxed conversation he had previously had with the man, he was a strong leader. Takeshi allowed his mind to wander as he let the room fill up.

One day, maybe not soon but I will have that title.

Haku Yuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yuki rushed to the meeting place, the business that she was dealing with took longer than she was expecting she was hoping that Takeshi had saved her a seat as promised, she rounded the corner and was greeted by a sea of people she sighed and began to rustle her way through luckily, she was still wearing her mask and full ANBU gear, which made getting through the crowd a little easier.

Finally, she got to the entrance of the auditorium, her eyes scanned the space looking for Takeshi. It wasn’t long until she spotted him she slid her way through the crowd taking her seat next to Takeshi, next to him was a man you looked rather frighten to be seated next to the Captain, although to be fair he was rather intimidating in his full gear. She nodded at him smiling at him under her mask

“Sorry, that took a little longer to deal with than I thought, have I missed anything?” She asked him quietly so as not to disturb any of the others that was around him. She turned her attention to the stage at the front looking to see the Sennin waiting silently, from that she assumed that it hadn’t started yet. Yuki shuffled in her seat getting comfortable not sure as to how long this was going to take.

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It had not been long since the young Ninja had begun his path towards joining the ranks of the ANBU branch he hadn’t even become an AiT yet and for all his exam was just around the corner he could never be certain he was ready for the trials they would place before him. But the meeting in question he wasn’t even sure if he should arrive to it, not having earned his mask or gear yet it was a gamble in turning up but if you didn’t have the guts to do something would you be able to get very far.

Walking through the crowds he didn’t really recognise anyone feeling something like a shadow cast over him by the sheer difference in experience between him and everyone else present in this place. As he entered the Auditorium he let his gaze wander across the room, seeing the numerous members that had already arrived as he made his way to the back of the room. Taking a seat he looked a bit more closely at those present seeing if he could recognise any features on any of them as he thought to himself.

“Not a chance, it’s not like they are going to look the same every time you meet them and even if they did subtlety is something required within these ranks. Can’t really just go pointing people out when I’m not a member of the branch completely yet.”

As he sat there he wondered what kind of person the branch leader was, if he was inspiring or one to instil fear in those who followed them. At the end of the day he couldn’t complain if he had been chosen as the Senin it was for more than a good reason and no matter what they turned out to be like it was not his place to Judge the decisions made by the branch or the Hokage.

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu arrived at the designated area and did his best to fit in and go unnoticed. He'd never really had a reason to go near the Hokage's offices, and truth be told he was a little nervous. As he approached he'd noticed that a lot of the gathered were Anbu, which did little to ease his apprehension. Something about crowds always reminded him of carnivals, but the atmosphere in this little gathering was somewhat different.

Am I even supposed to be here?

He shuffled slightly where he was stood, his hands pushed deep within the pocket on the front of the dark grey hoodie he was wearing. As he looked around the crowd he noticed that Yuukio was also in attendance. He let his gaze rest on the young nin for a second to try and grab his attention, but found that he was too far away from him to shout. That and he didn't really want to draw attention to himself.

His gaze finally turned to the reason they were all there, the man on the stage. Well, he assumed that was why they were there anyway. As an Academy Student he was surprised to have even been invited to such an occasion, but with two Anbu lessons under his belt his path into the branch seemed set.

Megu found himself staring at the man on the stage, wondering if he was going to be the one speaking. Megu felt that there was something a little different about the man. The first thing he noticed was the way he was dressed, a large black coat covering armour underneath. However, they were in a ninja village so that probably wasn't something out of the ordinary. Maybe it was the way he stood, or something else that-

HE HAS THREE EYES

For a second everything stopped as he finally realised what it was that was different about the man. He blinked and tried not to stare, instead going back to scanning the crowd, stealing glances at the man every opportunity he got.

[MFT-341]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuuto stood poised overlooking the crowd. There are a hell of a lot of people here…, the Anbu Sennin thought as he looked at the crowd of masked and unmasked faces. He didn’t feel comfortable to be honest, there were far too many unknown people here. Regardless this was his new home and his new Branch. He was going to have to get them under control and much stronger within the next 2 years that he would be stationed in Konoha. He was going to turn this lot into the strongest and most fearsome unit that Konoha had ever conceived. This meant that the Anbu would need to change, from the smallest ways they interact day to day, to the training, exams, and missions they undergo, and the commitment they plan to make to Konoha. It would seem that it was time to start, as an advisor of the Konoha Council waved him after peeking at their wristwatch.

It was Show Time.

The Anbu Sennin gathered purple chakra around his left palm creating a condensed construct of energy. This construct took the shape of a mic that Yuuto would use to speak to the crowd.

“Hello and welcome, I’m Masaru Yuuto Konoha’s new Anbu Sennin. This will a surprise to most of you because you probably know nothing of me other than I’m brown skinned and that I have three eyes. To be brief I am from Kumogakure, and I come from a Clan of humble mercenaries who hunt monsters. Since the day I was able to hold a weapon I was trained in combat, stealth, and various forms of conditioning. I plan to not only impart but to also evolve those traditions into Konoha’s Anbu.
In order to do that however I’m going to have to implement some changes to the way that we operate. To start with the obvious one and probably most defining, I need every Anbu here to unmask. I’ll give you a few seconds to register that command. Most of you are probably sneering at the idea, but I’m going to explain only once why I need you to unmask:

[Yuuto would take a full minute to pause and allow the Anbu who would listen without hesitation to take off their mask, some did not]
In Kumogakure we have watched beloved Raikage, and Sennin fall to betrayal from those within their ranks. As Anbu one of our jobs is to assist with Village Security. While the Main Branch is over the Gates, we are truly the Elite Force for handling threats. We need to start acting like it and instead of simply being reactive we must be proactive as well. So in order to accomplish that we need to tie up loose ends, [Yuuto would summon a Three Eyed Raven Mask from thin air with the Mask Summon Jutsu]

game_of_thrones_three_eyed_raven_leather_mask__3_by_b3designsllc-da41ci9.jpg

Just as he did, a robed Anbu from the crowd leapt up in the air, and broke all kinds of trajectory and gravity rules, as he bulleted towards Masaru Yuuto. Other Anbu from the crowd reacted instantly trying to grab this rogue Anbu who was heading towards the Sennin. However the bastard was slippery and evaded them sliding around them like a snake (while flying through the air?) He brandished a blade dripping with poison as he brought it to the Sennin’s neck, the black liquid dripping from the edge pressed falling onto Yuuto’s chest. However he was unbothered by this and only moved the blade aside and started wiping his chest. While he did this the rogue Anbu crumpled onto the floor. Yuuto raised his hand to show his finger movements and the robed Anbu rose up from the ground like….
tumblr_mkfu6mVWen1qb5qxmo1_500.gif

It was clear that this Anbu was not human, it was a Puppet that Yuuto controlled to give an example of a mid speech assassination just one of the many things that could happen. He would make a statement to cement the real possibility a situation like this posed.

”Now how many of you thought this could be a real attempt? Kudos to the ones who decided to move that loyalty is the rareness Konoha needs to lead it into the future. Now back to business, this mask system is a double edged sword that we swing too carelessly.

On the positive hand this protects our identities, and allows for people to know who you are off assumption. However that is the crux, the issue in this is that they assume automatically that it must be an Anbu. If it must be an Anbu we show it Anbu Courtesy, and depending on who you’re targeting this could serve as cooperation or people turning you away. It is also a chink in our armor, because this assumption can lead to people allowing someone in deep simply because they are an “Anbu”. For now on I want the Anbu of Konoha to feel that it is odder for one to be walking around dressed in Anbu Gear with a Mask on instead of Anbu Gear without a mask. Some of you may be wondering, how will you be disguised? If you know anything about early Shinobi History then you’d know they relied on their natural ability and creativity to compensate for subterfuge, not a silly mask. The only time someone should be wearing a mask is on a mission and in order to know identification in Kumogakure, Mask On or Off I will implement a Rune System. For now on Anbu will be administered a Chakra Rune that is recorded in a database that I and the Anbu Captains of my choosing will have access to.

These runes will symbolize what Division of Anbu you are and what Rank. Now that I’ve broken the ice it’s time for me to show you an example

[Yuuto cupped one of his open hands around his mouth and began to murmur. His words inaudible, only heard by him (and a Hashigaki if one is here) soon an emblem appeared that was made of a Lion Head, Goat Head, Snake Head, all on the same Circle]</B></COLOR>
c45fb2_4d9a7336f1d84357af2e28346fbf8219.jpg

[The Lion, Goat, and Snake all break apart into singular emblems with the circle forming another shape
828f4c8df062e8348492926f9ffcd512--life-tree-tattoo-tree-roots-tattoo.jpg

[Yuuto would grab the Tree emblem and enlarge it to great proportions with his chakra. This Emblem was now in full visibility to all in this room now]

You see this Emblem? This Tree symbolizes Konoha, and all of the intersecting roots to the tree are the representation of our efforts feeding this village. This will be the Emblem worn by our Anbu Employees as every division has general workers among them. If this symbol is shown then you know the person is among the general ranks of Anbu, this includes our AiTs as they have not officially been brought into Anbu and can drop out of the training program. AiTs will not receive all of the pertinent Information we Anbu have access to, but they will train and be brought up.

[He’d minimize that Symbol and grab the Lion head expanding its size like he did with the tree. *Yuuto will Minimize and then Enlarge as he grabs each symbol]

The Lion symbolizes the Pride of the Anbu. The Lion Division will be the first Responders in our Branch. When a crime that involves Anbu, a mission that requires our appearance immediately or generally these will be the Anbu that show up. They are in the thick of the action and need to be trained and battle hardened. This Division is Currently headed by Yaken Tanizawa or codenamed Hydra. Give Tanizawa a round of applause for his hard work and accomplishments have brought him this far.
Isaac.McDougal.full.1400794.jpg

[Yuuto moved onto the Goat Symbol now]

The Goat symbolizes the Intelligence of Anbu. We will no longer be dubbed simply as the killers of the village. Anbu is much more than a weapon, and Goat will prove that our resilience with our ingenuity. This will serve as our R&D Division which will begin producing new equipment, weapons, and techniques for the Anbu. However simply because it’s R&D does not mean that they sit on the sidelines and work in labs all day. Field-Testing the new equipment, and harvesting the materials will also fall into Goats’ hands as well. Goat will also be involved with Communications and Coordination with our other Divisions Missions. The head of this Division will be Yamanaka Taokama, thank her for her efforts and accepting the responsibility to head Goat.
Karin.%28NARUTO%29.600.945745.jpg
<COLOR color="purple"><B>

[He gripped the serpent doing the same downsizing and enlarging]

Serpent is the 3rd Division of Anbu, the Hidden Venom. This Divison is home of espionage and reconnaissance however we require other sensitive missions that cannot be mishandled. Joining this Division and rising up in it will be faced with certain scrutiny. You will need to learn how to be not only the most flexible weapon you’ve ever handled, but have the sharpest blade for your targets and objectives. Understanding what a Target and what an Objective truly is are the first steps to truly being a Serpent. Due to the nature of sensitivity in this beast I will be the Head of Serpent until I find someone who I believe is worth of replacing me.

[Yuuto would bring all the symbols together re-creating the symbol of the Chimera]

Anbu is more than a simple weapon, more than some ideas, and more than a cold visage. Anbu is a combination of ideals and training to make you elite soldiers. If you cannot get down with this simple format or the Structure that will be Konoha’s Neo-Anbu then you need to leave now. I will no longer accept anything less than the best out of each and every one of you, as you should be expecting the best from me. We are more than a unit, we are kin.”
Yuuto quieted down and observed the room. He wanted to see how many would leave, how many Anbu would give up their career because they couldn’t be the romanticized super secret killing spy that they always dreamed of. How many would throw it all away because it wasn’t what the book and movies said it was, how many? He saw some of them leave, when they hit the door a group of Anbu would be awaiting them to take their masks, and identification as their official resignation from Anbu. They were still Shinobi just not Anbu anymore. After that had settled down he would start discussing a few more key points in the Anbu Reform.

”So now that we have that figured out it’s time we work on the next phase. You Anbu who decided to stay will pick a Division you wish to follow and this decision needs to be made by next week otherwise you’re going to be another AiT or defaulted into the Lion Division if you have the proper combat ability. Each of you will receive your Rune that represents your division and your access level. That’s right Anbu Has C, B, A, S level clearances that are administered depending on your job. A double S (SS) means that it’s for Sennin eyes.
The next big thing will be the revival of our Bingo Book and the expansion of the job bulletin. For now on Anbu will receive a larger pool of missions. As I stated earlier I am from a clan of Monster Hunters. I will have Anbu learn and adopt some of those ways in order to bring in more cash. This will also allow us to protect the country at a greater scale, and on top of that source the materials for Goat’s R&D endeavors.
As for our Bingo Book, criminals from before the Leaf War have been exonerated. However this doesn’t mean crime will stop, in fact it will only increase once more and we need to be on our game. Therefore, a larger prison will be developed away from the Prison in order to create a stable environment for where our Prisoners can stay out of the way from harming anyone in case of a issue.
This concludes the topics that I have to briefly touch on and more information will be giving as time proceeds. By next wing our Neo-Anbu Program will be in full swing. I need any active AiT or Student Prospects to come by the Anbu Headquarters by tomorrow where I will address upcoming Exam Dates and Evaluations. Thank you for your time, and remember Anbu that this change does represent ill will, it represents a time of evolution, what you do with the change is your choice.”

Yuuto would leave with that, walking away from the stage. He would make his way for the back while the Advisors said their words of Konoha’s Expectations for Anbu. He however had other matters to attend to…

[Topic Left]
[OOC: Read Below]
This is the beginning of Anbu’s IC (and official reveal of OOC) changes. A full write up will be coming out next weekend for Anbu’s Guidelines but for now these are the important changes:

-Anbu now have Three main divisions that they work in. Lion, Goat, and Serpent. Lion being the Vanguard for Anbu, Goat being the Comms/Researching, and Serpent being the Spies/Assassins. Anbu is becoming much more diverse in order to administer defined Roleplaying Experiences as an Anbu in Konoha. I hope to excite and inspire many people with this.

-Anbu ICly no longer respect the Mask System. While an Anbu can still wear a mask for missions, it is usually only when it’s called for such as Bodyguard Detail, or Out of Village assignments. When in the village there should be little to no reason for an Anbu to masked. We will use Runes that signify your Division and Rank. However these Runes must be shown by you (the player) willingly. The only ones who can force this Rune to show are the Anbu Sennin (Currently Masaru Yuuto and the creator of the Rune System) and the Head of the Division.

-Anbu Rankings at least on an IC level (and how they can affect your character) are going to change slightly.

0) Anbu Sennin: The Head of the Anbu Branch and operating commander for all Divisions in Anbu. This rank is subject to Kage’s decision ultimately.
1) Anbu Captain of Division: Highest rank of Anbu Captain, the Head of a Division heads Lion, Goat or Serpent respectively. They are chosen by the Anbu Sennin and they (Anbu Captain of Division) choose a Lieutenant a Second in Command (Think Gotei 13 in Bleach if that helps)
2) Anbu Captain: You are of the upper echelon of Anbu and have more privileges and responsibilities. However General Anbu Captains report to their Anbu Captain of Division (Their Division first and foremost) and that Captain’s Lieutenant
4) Veteran Anbu: [This would be replacing Anbu with Tenure] Veteran Anbu aren’t Captains but are strong as them and if need be can be required to take on the duties of one (under Sennin Discretion). Veteran Anbu are just the Anbu who are seasoned or so talented they are deserving of respect thus they are treated as such (and a bigger paycheck). In order to be considered a Veteran Anbu you must undergo Exams after proving yourself in the field greatly.
5) Anbu: The most general sense of the rank ‘Anbu’. They are the copious sized group in Anbu because most Anbu don’t reach that special status or have a need to. Once gaining this rank you choose a division that you wish to join and ‘interview’ for the job.
6) Anbu in Training: These are the ‘Academy Students’ of Anbu training their hardest to be accepted within the fold of Anbu. They do not have unsupervised access to Anbu’s Headquarters and are treated this way until graduation. Anbu In Training also have to undergo Anbu Shinobi Camp (think of it like Boot Camp for Anbu)

-Anbu also now have access to Bingo Book, Bounty, and Monster Hunting styled missions. You still apply for missions as normal but these will help you gain insight to what your character should be doing as an Anbu and how we can tailor Self Modded or Modded Missions around that. There will also be missions that I post up for people to take if they so choose along with bounties, and undertaking these will count for more fame and renown than normal missions would (this is simply an RP perk to give your character more clout)

*Every Spoiler in the RP has an important image in it, please open them*

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi listened the words being spoken by Yuuto, the address of how the branch would be changing and the work that would be carried out. He allowed a small sigh to come to his lips as he allowed his hand to reach up removing the mask that covered his face, his eyes still meeting with Yuuto’s. Pulling the hood down to reveal his bright green hair he knew where this conversation was going. As he listened to the words and the speech that was taking place he allowed a small smile to form his lips to escape as things began to wrap up. Looking over her allowed a small whisper to come up.

“Guess we know what branches we are signing up for, that much is clear”

As he allowed the words to final finish being spoken he smiled to himself slightly, this conversation was over. Standing up he allowed himself to throw Yuuto a small nod of acceptance, it seemed this man would be directly responsible for him. He allowed a small chuckle to escape as people began to move. Standing up himself he slung the Mask on his hip as he began to head out of the hall. Looking around he wondered how these changes would affect everyone. It seemed that some in the branch would leave, some would stay. But he knew he would be seeing more of Yuuto from now on.

“Looks like my vote is cast then on this matter, I will see you later at home Yuki, enjoy having your vote. Let us see what the future brings us to”

[Topic Left]
[Anbu Captain in Serpent]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo sat in the chairs listening to the speech. He was new enough to the ANBU ranks that he wasn’t sure others even noticed him but he didn’t care. His time would come soon enough. He had joined ANBU not for the recognition, he had joined for the honor of protecting the village. He knew it was cliché but that was his business not others.

The thought of not wearing the ANBU mask brought mixed feelings. It was a double edged sword, that was easy enough to see. It brought fear and respect. Even in this meeting, before the Sennin had started to speak he had watch some unmasked individuals move out of the way for masked ANBU. But was the fear and respect the mask gave something of a crutch and was it a good thing? This was a society based around strength of martial skill. People didn’t just stop just because the ANBU mask showed up. But the unknown mystery secret police that kept the civilians in fear could not be a good thing for progressing society. Was the ANBU being a secret police a good thing to begin with?

After the Sennin had finished speaking, Manzo slowly reached to his face and pulled the plain black mask off and looked at it. All the talk of reorganizing that was nothing that was surprising, people always like to put their mark on an organization. But the unmasking, now that was something worth thinking about. The mask was a symbol but had it just become the symbol of a bygone age.

It wasn’t much of a choice for him, he wasn’t working to join the full ANBU ranks for a mask, as cool as the mask may be. Hooking the mask to his belt and turned to walk out the door. Not wanting to take the time to fight with crowd at the door he took a single Quicksilver Step and was through the crowd on the other side.

[MFT]
[Edited WC:330]
[topic entered, topic left]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Guys you're not coming up and picking up runes that's not how this works. It's going to be an Actual CRPJ that I apply ICly. I'm waiting for people to leave this topic though]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yukio would listen carefully to what Yuuto had to say about the changes being make to the branch, he didn't mind the while cloak and dagger feel the ANBU used to have and he had to admit the branch without the masks would be more than a bit strange. But these were changes that are going to happen regardless of what the old and new thought of them at the end of the day whether to remain or leave was up to them. The way it would work was clear to him and had been quite thoroughly explained so he had little he could think to ask or comment on.

As he began to leave the room Yukio realised he had a new choice to make within the branch, what section would he place himself in he was still young and finding his true potential so there wasn't any certainty in his mind as to what he wanted to do. Only time would be able to tell what the young student decided to do but no matter what his mind was still set on being a member of the ANBU branch even if it wasn't the same as before it was what he had set out to do since staring in the academy and there would be no point in changing that now. Watching the other members decide on what to do he allowed the thought to linger for just a moment before finally taking his leave.

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu stood, slightly shocked by the announcement. The secret world of the Anbu was being opened up right in front of him, his mask snatched away before he'd even received it. He'd always enjoyed the mystery of the Anbu and admired their masks, part of the reason why he'd signed up for the Anbu in the first place. The words the man on the stage spoke went over his head slightly, as did the idea of the teams. Truth be told he knew very little of what the Anbu actually did and who they were, but that was going to have to change. As he looked around he tried to find his previous tutors, hoping to get a quick peek at who they really were under the mask. Then again, who really knew whether all the Anbu would remove their masks. He also cast a glance out for Yukio. Whilst he'd planned to go over to him the speech and the aftermath had dragged his attention elsewhere. Standing on the tips of his toes he wasn't too sure whether he was present at the gathering anymore or not. He half shrugged as he walked away from the clearing, hands held deep in his pocket.

It's not like I'm likely to become an Anbu soon anyway, I've heard nothing since my last lesson. Time for another shift I guess.

At least with the Anbu now having to give up their identities he'd know who he had to pester. A smile crept onto his face, maybe it wouldn't work out so bad after all.

[Topic left]
[MFT-262]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back