Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Guardian Returns [Reuesting Entry]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
How long had it been since Sabaku last saw his homelands. The mountains lay in a great line like the spine of the land. It was as if long ago they were a great beast, only to lie down one day and never get up. The range was high to the west and low to the east, curling at the end like a tail. They are the reason our land this side is so lush and the other side is scorching desert. In the distance the gulf of Tsuchi no Kuni could be heard. Waves lightly crashing on the shores, sending out the salty aroma that held true for Iwa. It was good to be home.

There was much he needed to catch up on. Checking in with ANBU HQ, lining out work details for his subordinates, seeing that his pupil had training to do. Perhaps if he had time he could catch up with an old friend, the Kage... but that was neither here nor there. His first few weeks would be busy busy busy as he had fallen very behind on everything he needed to do.

Sabaku arrived at the prestigious gates, it wasn't so long ago that he himself had been posted up here, checking in and out all the random visitors. It seemed like yesterday that he was a new recruit. With his badge and paperwork in hand, fully knowing the procedures that came with the gate, he approached the line and waited for his turn to pass through the gates and return home.

[OOC MFT]

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Her feet dangled over the edge of the gate's walls, her heels barely gracing the surface of the stone battlement. Although her gaze remained attentive to the procession passing through and watching for anything remotely questionable, she could see the rotating shadow given off by the parasol she held. The wooden umbrella like instrument kept the high sun from shining continuously against her form, though one would assume that the rays wouldn't have been a bother regardless considering most of her form was covered in bandages.

"....."

Maybe it was nothing or it could have been everything, but any inkling of doubt which surfaced in her mind was something to be cautious of. In this case as a man finally made his way to the front of the line, she noticed the language of his stride and the readiness he showcased. Placing her palm up towards her lips, the fingers would adjust into a single handseal shortly before her very being faded like smoke adrift a breeze.

"This one is unlike the others, shinobi what is your purpose here?"

Her voice traveled faster than her bodies reformation before Sabaku, the guards posted already familiar with her role not questioning anything or interrupting. While the rest of the entry hopefuls were ushered to continue as is, her eyes remained unblinking as she stared at him. Noticably she did not make any attempt to look towards his readied paperwork and neither did she have any visual representation of her rank outside of the village's symbol etched into her belt's buckle.

Whatever reason which caused him to be singled out from the group, it would remain unknown to him.

{Topic Entered}​

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sabaku's turn was coming up soon, he was rather excited to reenter the village and rendezvous with those within. Sabaku was completely unaware of the mysterious figure lurking above and then it was already to late. There was a change in the wind... Sabaku was uncertain as to its meaning. Before he could react appropriately, a voice was heard near him.

"This one is unlike the others, shinobi what is your purpose here?"

Sabaku spun around looking for a voice, only to be met with a body re-materializing before him. This startled him to be sure, but he would attempt to keep his composure about him. If it were not for his own experience, this bandaged figure surely would have gotten the best of his nerves. Though this female's... or at least it looked somewhat female, it was rather hard to tell under all those wraps, her question posed many possibilities and if he had more time, he surely would have fully delved into that topic.

A wise man once told me that; The meaning of life is to find your gift, and the meaning of life is to give that gift away... My gift is compassion and undying loyalty to the people of Iwa... So I guess you could say my purpose is exactly what I am... I am Sabaku, the Guardian of Celerity. I exist to protect those who cannot do so themselves. I...

In the past Sabaku had been caught rambling on about these sort of things for far to great a time, often causing further issue than needed. In an attempt to not cause this new any further headache, he cut himself short.

My purpose in this world is many things friend... As of this moment, it is to regain entry into my homeland so I can convene with my superiors. What might your purpose be?

Sabaku was unsure of what made this individual target him among the others venturing to and from the gates. His status as a Guardian always seems to bring unanticipated attention towards himself. That and the fact there always seemed to be somebody at the gates looking for some fun or entertainment, attempting to exact that vicariously through the traffic that the gates drew.

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
There was little if any reaction from her form as Sabaku spoke, her head remaining slightly tilted while both eyes held an unblinking glare. She could potentially question if the shinobi had at some point in the past forgot the basics or if he simply was not adversely cautious when it came to sharing information so loosely. While in the conventional sense there had been nothing wrong with what was shared, it was on a personal level that Keshi found the male to be, for lack of a better word, basic. Though in hindsight there was little expectation from him left after mentioning that he was a Guardian and his speech about compassion.

"Compassion does not belong in a world where you are a weapon, a tool and nothing more"

Compassion, that was something that did not exist in her world as nothing about their reality groomed a reason for compassion to exist. No amount of disguising the shinobi's purpose could bury the fact that they were groomed killers, worth only to the various country's as expendable assets. Even now, behind the looming gates at her backside a new generation of replacements were being conceived, born, raised or trained at various stages of life. All of this for the sole purpose of inevitable death. The only part that agreed with her from his mouth, was the protection statement. This was simply because it was a part of their job, a requirement of their service.

"There is no purpose other than carrying out what we are trained to do. It's why we're groomed weapons."

She noticeably still did not identify herself, something chosen not to do because although he was cleared of being a potential hostile, she was still suspicious of him innately. It was her personality to find everyone she encountered questionable and it was this that had kept her in line with her training. Turning her head away, she would signal to the nearby guards though even as her gaze moved from Sabaku, he would have a sinking feeling that she was still fully paying attention to him.

"Your passage is clear. Though I would expect a Guardian to keep their title and rank as something of privy information, but then again you guardians operate on a different scale than the shadows"​

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
This young woman's words struck him hard and true, surprising him entirely. It had many many years since he heard such dismal and depressing words such as what he just heard. Nothing but tools to be used and abused by our superiors? While in some certain aspect that is true, the method of delivery is entirely up to the person receiving those words. That kind of pessimistic attitude was not something Sabaku could live for or even stand for. This in itself is exactly why he became the person he is today, to combat that way of thinking and show people that shinobi can be more than just a weapon of war, made only to live and die by the sword. And surely there must be compassion down in there somewhere, if not for the world and those in it, than perhaps some compassion and pride in what you do, your work, your missions. Sabaku could only silently feel sorry for this young shinobi warrior. Gone were the days that he openly strived to replenish hope in those who could not find it themselves. A first meeting of polar opposites often proved... difficult. Perhaps if they were to meet again, he may try pressing further into her world, even then the chances were low simply because as Sabaku grew, so to did the frequency of his invasion of privacy. The female gave a nod to the others at the gates, telling Sabaku that she approved his entrance in some way shape or form... however unorthodox it may have been.

Yes well... Thank you for your time. Guardians have always been open about who they are and what they stand for. I hope our paths cross again friend.

Sabaku took his leave of the gates, but he couldn't help but feel the presence of that woman's eyes... pounding against the back of his head, he just knew something was just a tad bit off about that girl... I mean she didn't even blink during that whole conversation... not once, how creepy.

[OOC Entering village, topic left unless stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back