Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Hand that Glows [Private] [Med Class]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was just past noon. The sum was high in the sky, all sensible animals were seking refuge in the shade. Luckily, this lesson was to be held in doors. It was always nice to work outdoors, but with the ever rising heat, it was necisary to work indoors. The Hopt Hospital was kind enough to let Arano rent out a small room, equiped with some basic equipment to assist him in his lesson for today. Arano would weave a few signs together and tendrils of wood would release from his outreached hands and create a wooden desk and chair for himself. Taking a seat, he would pull out a file and placed it nicely in the corner of the table. Now all that was left to do was to await his class and prepare them for a bright future.

[OOC, Topic entered as Arano This class is a private tudor for Rina only. No Spectating]

Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It had been a couple of weeks since last time Rina was at the Hope Hospital. Last time she had to get her appendix taken out. The pain was very sudden, and in the middle of a med class. Rina had passed out quickly and woken up in a hospital bed. This time it wasn’t because she was sick, instead it was for a new med class. It was about noon as she went to the front desk to ask about the location of the class Arano-sensei had told her about. The front desk secretary was confused at first, but quickly realized what this was about, as Rina mentioned Arano-sensei’s name. The secretary called for someone, who led Rina to the room where the class was held. As Rina opened the door the wind, from an open window, caught her dress, and she had to release the door to keep the dress from doing something unwanted. The door then slammed shut and people in the hallway started shushing her and telling her to be more quiet. Rina blushed and hastily opened the door again, but this time holding her dress with one hand. She walked in, carefully closing the door. Already inside was Arano-sensei by a desk strikingly similar to the one in his class at the Academy.

“Hi Arano-sensei. Sorry about that, I didn’t mean to shut the door just now. I hope I didn’t startle you.”

Rina said. She then walked over to the open window. She hesitated as she looked towards Arano-sensei, asking:

“May I close this?”

[MFT WC: 260]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Arano was so preoccupied with going over his lesson plan that he had barely noticed Rina coming into the class room. The slam of the door could be heard echoing down the halls, surely loud enough to wake even those unconscious for their surgeries... The abrupt noise startled Arano in his seat causing him to jump right out of his seat and would slap his feet together and bow. He for some reason was reliving his times when he was in the academy and his headmaster would slam the door shut and everyone would need to stand and bow immediately or face detention for disobedience. Now only realizing it wasn't the past, but in fact he was a grown man and supposed to be teaching a class. He stood upright again and welcomed Rina into his class room.

He he, yes you did startle me Rina, but it's of no concern... All will live on. Oh the window? No not at all, feel free, whatever makes you comfortable.

After allowing Rina to close the window, he would begin to wait for the rest of the class to show up. After about 10 minutes or so, he soon came to the conclusion that nobody else was going to show up. Whether it was an error with finding the area, or people simply bailing. It seemed young Rina would be the only participant in today's medical class. This wasn't a bad thing though. This would allow Arano to focus more and devote more time and effort towards Rina's studies and medical capabilities. Arano would once again create a desk and chair for the young lady to sit upon and place a sheet of paper and a pencil down for her to take notes, should she wish to.

Now then, before we begin. Please indulge me in your medical experiences. What I mean to say is, what do you know about the art of healing? I don't want to go over something you are already familiar with, so we can expedite the process of teaching.

Arano would pull out a pad and pencil to jot dot anything that Rina had to say about her knowledge of the medical field. He wanted to make sure he didn't overlap anything she had already learned previously. Arano was going to turn this small little girl into a healing machine. By the time he was done with her... Let's just say a whole barrel of fish would have nothing to fear! For now, all that was left to do was let the girl speak her mind and him to take notes.

Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Uuhmmm, I have only learned what I have found in books at the library, and what I could ask the teachers about at the academy. I have never actually healed anything… Though I did sneak in practice in getting chakra to my hands.”

Rina told Arano-sensei as she sat down by the desk, thinking:

I hope there is not too much I’m missing in the things I’ve read. Though I know it’s nothing like hands on practice. I should write down the books on the notepad.

And as she thought this, she reached for the pad and pencil. Scribbling the best she could, as she tried to remember every book she had read about the subject.

[MFT WC: 116]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Excellent! I prefer unmolded clay to form into beautiful masterpieces. Now then, the art of healing with medical ninjutsu isn't just about making your hands glow and magically healing people... There is a lot more depth to it than most people know. The use of medical ninjutsu requires very advanced chakra control, as well as extensive knowledge on such things as herbs, medicines, the human body and even poisons. Granted all these things will come with practice, studying and of coarse the proper mentor to slowly teach you the ways of the art... This class however is simply to give you that quick head start in that general direction. Today's lesson will mostly focus on chakra control, which is by far thee most important aspect of medical ninjutsu. Now then... if you have any questions, now is the time, before we begin with the first lesson.

Arano would pause a moment to allow Rina to ask any questions she might have, before continuing on with his lesson plan. After she had asked her questions, he would answer and then continue on with the lesson. Arano would grow a tree branch and pluck two leaves off of it and set them down on Rina's desk. He then withdrew the branch back into his body and would then pick up one of the leaves.

Now then, you have a leaf sitting in front of you, I want you to place it against your forehead and focus chakra into the leaf. Doing so correctly will allow the leaf to stay in place and not fall down. If you can do this with little to no effort, then I can consider this first lesson a success! Now watch me with your byakugan. Your eyes will allow you to see the inner workings of my chakra system allowing you to more easily mimic my actions to allow you to hold your leaf in place.

Arano would pick up his leaf and place it against his forehead. He molded his chakra and concentrated into the location of the leaf and held it place. With the leaf still holding firm, he continued speaking.

You see, my own chakra control is well maintained enough to allow me to hold it in place and even talk still... now I don't expect you to get this the first go around. I would like you to make a very effort worthy attempt at it and let's see about how long you can hold it there before exhausting your chakra reserves.

Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rina asked some questions and had them answered by Arano-sensei. Before he put the leaf up to his forehead Rina activated her byakugan. He removed his hand to show the leaf on his forehead. The precision used was unbelievable. No wasted chakra at all. Rina was amazed, at first. Then suddenly she was filled with the fear of not living up to the expectations and bringing shame upon herself. This stopped her byakugan very abrupt. Rina shook her head with closed eyes to calm herself, but this didn’t work as well as she wanted it to. When she opened her eyes to take the leaf she realized that she was shaking a bit. Rina reached out and took the leaf to place on her forehead. She tried controlling both the shaking and the chakra at the same time, which resulted in the leaf falling on her first try. She composed herself and tried again. This time the leaf started falling slowly and as she noticed she panicked and used more chakra. The leaf ripped into two.

[MFT WC: 176]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
After a small bit of Q+A, Rina watched as Arano applied his chakra controlling technique. She was correct about the precision and little to no chakra wasted. It comes with experience and practice coupled with time. The young lady seemed to become stressed or flustered causing her to lose her concentration and inevitably deactivated her Byakugan. This worried Arano a bit, what could be so nerve racking at a time and place like this that would cause her to lose her focus... Arano watched as she attempted the technique herself, only to have it fail the first time around. No surprise really, almost everyone doesn't get it the first time. The second attempt is what surprised him the most... As the leaf begun to fall, it ripped in two. It appears she had lost control of her chakra flow and overloaded the leaf with energy. Arano would pause a moment to think. Obviously this girl was stressed about something or otherwise distracted. It was none of his business to go around asking every student what was wrong with them... so he offered the only thing he could think of.

I have an idea, Continuously ripping leaves might leave you in a state of frustration... Let us try something a little different. Follow me please.

Arano would pack up his supplies and belongings and lead Rina outside of the hospital. They would walk a short while and stop at a nearby park. Seeing that is was just past noon, the majority of students and other young children were either at school or the academy. This left the park quite empty, which would work towards Arano's advantage. Being out and among nature was usually calming, hopefully it would cease any nervousness that resided within Rina's troubled little soul. Without a level mind, body and soul, one cannot properly mold chakra, resulting in what was displayed earlier at the hospital. Arano would place his hands down against the grassy earth and leaped back a few feet as a massive tree grew from the ground.

Now then... let us try something a little different. Same concept however. But instead of sticking a leaf to your forehead, let's try sticking our feet to this tree! But first... I think this should resolve a few things...

Arano would approach Rina and gently place his hands on her forehead. He would cast a medical jutsu used to sooth and sedate wounded shinobi in the field. He would apply a lower level to not completely sedate the girl, just enough to calm her racing mind, and perhaps give her some slight relief so that she might better focus on the task at hand. Arano would again tell her to watch with her Byakugan so she can watch him steadily output chakra to his feet and walk up the tree. He would hop down from the tree and allow her to give it a try.

Now the good thing here is that if you output to much chakra again, the tree will only crack a little, but will survive none the less. But hopefully that wont be an issue with the technique I applied to you. Please, let us try again young Rina!

[OOC, Used Tranquilize on Rina to help calm and ease her troubled mind. Perhaps if she can do it while calm, she can realize she is fully capable of doing it while not under assistance from the jutsu... or at least Arano hopes as much]

Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Arano-sensei placed his hands upon Rina’s forehead, and then told her to use her byakugan. She felt somewhat at ease and then realized what had happened. He had used a jutsu on her, one that normally sedates a patient. She knew this from a book she read, not long ago at the library. Rina got mad, and forgot everything about the fear of disappointing him. As Arano-sensei climbed the tree she decided to use her byakugan, but only because she wanted to take every hint she could get, so she could show him, what she could do, when she had her mind set on something. Her face showed that she was very displeased, but before Arano-sensei had the time to ask what was wrong, she ran towards the tree. She knew she used too much chakra the first time, but she had to start somewhere. She then climbed the tree over and over, gradually decreasing the amount of chakra she used. At some point the jutsu Arano-sensei had put on her stopped, but Rina didn’t notice, since she now was completely focused on showing him off. Even if Arano-sensei tried to say something, she ignored him until she got the chakra balance right. After an hour she did it. No new cracks, though the tree looked quite worn down by now. Rina suddenly felt worn out too, as she stood at the very top of the tree. She felt dizzy and the chakra flow to her feet stopped. She started falling.

[MFT WC: 251]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Arano climbed the tree for Rina. As she watched with her Byakugan, she took in every little detail she could muster. Arano would slowly walk back down the tree and approach Rina. Now Rina, I wou-- Arano was cut short. Rina stomped right on past Arano without a second glance... for some reason she was pissed the hell off. Whatever it was though, it helped her climb that tree with an overpowering type of power. Her footsteps left little girl feet sized craters in the side of the tree as she stomped her way to the top. That's amazing, see you got the--- She was still not listening... Perhaps he had upset her some way? Maybe she knew about that jutsu he used and felt offended that he had to help her? About an hour passed by the time Rina was able to fully control her chakra output and walk normally up the tree... Although the tree was beaten nearly to a pulp... Hard to imagine a young girl like this could do so much damage. Apparently, she had exhausted her reserves of chakra and lost her footing. She begun to fall rapidly towards the ground, Arano needed to act quickly or else watch her suffer a horrible accident. Arano himself wasn't very fast, he would have to rely on his own Kyoubaku type powers. He would outreach his hands and let loose a swarm of wooden tendrils that would envelope Rina just before she reached the ground. She was out cold... Her health was fine, even more so from the natural healing qualities his wood jutsu possessed, but she was just completely worn out. He would release the jutsu that held the tree and would carry Rina back to the hospital to help her recover. Arano would check her into the hospital under the non critical status ward and would watch as the nurses placed her into a bed and began to hook her up to an IV drip line. Apparently the liquid inside the IV was a chakra infused solution that was used for cases just like this. Arano would wait for her to wake up so he could further instruct her on the medical field. She had clearly passed the first test in regards to chakra control. However overwhelming her chakra output was at first, she quickly grasped the concept and honed her skills to near perfection for someone of her age.

Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rina woke up, as she thought:

Where am I? Oh… the hospital. Did I faint? How embarrassing… Is anyone here? Arano-sensei is. But I’m still mad at him. I can’t ignore him though. What should I do? Not that I can do much here…

She had opened her eyes a couple of times, but as she saw Arano-sensei her eyes averted a bit. She frowned. Then looked at him again, unapprovingly saying:

Why did you put a jutsu on me? Did you not think I could do it?

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Rina awoke some time later, yet still furious at Arano for what he had done. She averted her eyes at first and then reluctantly spoke up in regards to the jutsu he had used and whether he believed in her capability as a ninja. Truth be told, I knew you could do it from the moment you stepped into my classroom... But some lack the motivation or have some issues boiling deep inside that keep them from reaching their true potential. The only reason I used the jutsu on you is because I felt a hint of stress and uncertainty directed at yourself... I do apologize if I had offended you in any way, I merely wanted to help you breach the barrier that was holding you back. And look, you beat the hell out of that tree and climbed up and down it for a whole hour... that's pretty impressive if you ask me. Arano could only hope that his answer would suffice... he only wanted to help the girl out, even if it meant she needed a little nudge.

Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Stress? Oh right… That I nearly forgot. But I still feel like you didn’t trust me…

Rina looked down, then noticed a nurse coming into the room, tending to a patient at the other end of the room.

Nurse? When am I well enough to get the IV drip off?

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It wasn't that I didn't trust you, I feel as if it was more of you not trusting yourself. In any case, what's done is done, I apologize for my actions and wou-- Rina interrupted as a nurse walked into the room, inquiring about when she would be able to be released from her IV restraints. Let me get your vitals sweetheart and we will see where you're at. The nurse would exit the room and return shortly with a small cart with various supplies on it. She ran her tests and cross checked the numbers to a chart. Looks like you have recovered for the most part, though I believe you should take it easy for the rest of the day, no more running up trees young lady... The nurse would leave to retrieve her discharge papers, leaving the two alone again. Like I was saying... I would like to continue the lesson if you would like, or if you want I can give you some instruction manuals on a few basic techniques. While not as informative as my lesson, it would allow you to attain the knowledge that you seek as a first peek into the world of medicines. What do you think? Arano would sit back in the chair and await a response from Rina.

Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rina took a moment to think about her father’s reaction, to her being hospitalized and discharged in one day. She then answered:

Of course I want the lesson to continue, but as the nurse said, I have to take it easy, and I assume that includes no chakra usage, right?

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yes I suppose you are right... The nurse is right, no sense in over exerting yourself again. For now, medical jutsu in theory will have to do and we can leave the actual practicing to you or your mentor... should you have one of coarse. Arano would reach into his bag and pull out a few books. He would hand them to Rina. This first one here goes over a vast amount of flora and herbs of the like that are very useful. The medical field isn't just tied to using chakra on everything. Using the environment around us helps out a lot more than people give nature credit for. The second one goes over chakra control, similar to what we did earlier today. And the last one is a manuscript on minor healing techniques. Master those and you will be well on your way towards becoming a wonderful Med Ninja. The nurse would come back into the room partway through that conversation and put the release papers on the bedside table and leave again. Arano and Rina would discuss various techniques and theory about the medical field for the remainder of the day. Hopefully Rina would learn a lot from these books. After much teaching and debate, Arano would conclude the day. Well I think that should just about cover it, If you plan on pursuing this career, I'd advise you to keep at it and give it your all. You are free to keep the books I gave you, as I am sure they will be of great use to you in the future. I hope you learned something today, not just about medical ninjutsu, but perhaps about yourself and who you want to be. I wish you the very best in all your endeavors... Have a good night young Rina. And with that, Arano would leave the young ninja to her own devices, and leave the hospital grounds... There may have been some hiccups along the way, but we made it to the finish line regardless.

[OOC Rina has passed the medical class]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back