Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Hunter №8: Flight on Hasted Wings

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaji Okada’s Hunter Chronicles, Entry №8
Flight on Hasted Wings

It was about five minutes past high noon as Kaji arrived at the Courier’s Station in Port Cirrus. This place was familiar to him now, as he had come here regularly over the passing year. This was where you came to deliver messages far and wide; and while The Hidden Cloud had a fine system for sending telegraphs, the options for communication between countries hadn’t reached this level quite yet. As it stood, Kaji came to the courier’s office with something a bit more unique if not advanced than an electronic message. He approached the counter with a scroll which seemed archaic at first, however, there was more than met the eye with the long paper script.

Manning the counter was a Postal Clerk who was about middle-aged, female, with elvish pointed ears and an almond shaped face. She wore blonde asymmetrical hair with a haze gray hat and uniform depicting her status as an employee of the Lightning State. “Good afternoon sir” she greeted Kaji with a velvety tone. “What and where are we sending today, and on whose authority?” The questions might have seemed invasive, but sending information was never a small or laughing matter— especially when the sender looked like Kaji.
“Kaji Okada, Leaf Ambassador…” He began, clearing up the authority first. “This scroll contains a sealed shadow clone with information destined for the Nidaime Hokage of the Village Hidden in the Leaves. The information of said clone is classified, but verbally authorized by Lord Kogami himself.”
The clerk unfurled the scroll and reached for a magnifying glass on her desk. She began a studious examination of the seal work, taking note of every glyph printed on the parchment. She placed a hand on it as well, using refined senses and training to recognize the chakra imbued within. The clerk nodded once with a standard approval. Then, she rolled the scroll back to a perfectly bound state and stamped it with the official wax seal of the Land of Lightning. Secondly, she planted another authoritative red ink stamp which permitted the international travel of the message.
“Very well mister Okada, we will have your message on route to the land of fire before the day is done.” She’d probably have the message delivered by a Fox Kestrel, and while that was a fine bird worthy of the journey, Kaji had someone else in mind.
“Actually” Kaji countered, “I have my own, preferred creature with clearance to deliver the message directly to The Leaf’s Courier Office if you don’t mind.”
The clerk wasn’t puzzled, though she seemed inconvenienced; “Very well” she complied. She then placed the scroll in the delivery container and started filing an addendum to the order and record of the change. Shinobi were allowed to send their own couriers, especially if the recipient had knowledge of the courier’s service. These safeguards exist to prevent the courier creature from being stricken down by village defenses by mistake.

After a few more minutes spent conversing with the clerk, Kaji was shown to the roof of the Courier Station where all of the delivery fowl were kept, sent, and received. A couple extra employees followed him up, full of curiosity at the rumored creature that was so much better than their birds. However, they all ran, and the birds of the roost were all in a panic once Kaji summoned the massive Caerroth through a burst of interplanar steam. Large leathery wings wafted through the steam, and his jagged mag tore through it with razor sharp teeth barred. He flapped and flapped, hating solid ground and found a roosting stand which almost bent beneath his weight.
“It’s the goddamn Okada,” Caerroth said sourly, still mad at Kaji for calling him to aid in the battle against the LionVolt on that stormy, wintry night. “What do you want now, noble guardian?” The ornery Leatherwing tilted his head and leaned over Kaji to have a more intimidating, closer look at him. With his vision so sharp, Caerroth truly didn’t need to be any closer at all.
“Don’t be like that, friend, I’ve called you to pay an overdue apology” Kaji answered with a charm to his tone. “I know you didn’t enjoy the cold that night, but I was out of options— only you could have helped me in that fight… and you did! ‘You were incredible.”
And Caerroth never cared much for flattery; not at all. “I’ll kill you and curse your family for generations!” A hiss followed those spiteful words out from his maw, but Kaji grinned awkwardly, taking it as some bitter humor.
“Oh come on buddy… you don’t mean that.”
“Tell me what you want and be quick with it, before I leave… Inferior human.”

Kaji wasn’t sure if he’d ever reach the friend zone with Caerroth, who served the pacts of his clan despite utterly hating all humans, but Kaji would keep trying and failing. He revealed a bright red backpack with clasping straps, and opened it, revealing a monster-sized cut of beef brisket. “I have a gift for you, see,” he said, feigning merriment as he held up the bloody primal cut. Caerroth spent a moment analyzing the cut of beef before snapping down upon it, narrowly missing Kaji’s hand as he took the beef whole. With his jaws crushing the beef, it seemed that he was pleased, or at least too preoccupied to continue cursing Kaji. Clever Kaji removed a plastic lining from the backpack wet with blood and inserted the scroll canister instead. “And I also have this backpack you can use to store your goods, and some scarves to keep your neck warm while you fly in the north country.” He revealed the gifts one by one, which doubled as identifiers for Caerroth during the journey Kaji intended for him. The Pterosaur remained still, uncharacteristically calm as his so-called guardian dressed him with the scarves and backpack. While Caerroth didn’t care for flattery, he was apparently a sucker for presents.
“These scarves are hideous” Caerroth chose cutting words as usual, but he wasn’t refusing the pleasant warmth he felt around his thin neck. “Your offering is adequate enough; urgh... thank you, guardian.” While Caerroth knew Kaji’s apology was genuine, the setting and the scroll he slipped into the backpack indicated that the goddamned Okada still wanted something. “Now, what else?” huffed the Leatherwing. “I consider you sufferable again… so spill it, what do you need now?”
With a sigh, Kaji answered “The scroll I slipped into your pack is destined for The Leaf, meant for no hand other than the Hokage himself. You are more secure, and faster in flight than any bird in a courier’s coop. Aaaand, you’ll be headed for warm weather this time. I know you know the way.”
Ruby red eyes squinted, peering through Kaji and his so-called incentives… “I should take offense to this, but you’ve already shown that you have no qualm with abusing the conditions of our pact, Guardian. I will deliver your scroll, only to buy myself a few days from being pestered by you again.” So, with a flex of his mighty wings, Caerroth elevated himself from the Courier Station roost and began a long journey to Konoha.

wc1278
Kaji has entered and left the thread.
Kaji has used Elemental Clone in combination with Jutsu Sealing.
Caerroth has been marked with identifiers for both Fire and Lightning Country.
Caerroth is bound for Konohagakure.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back