Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Last Of Them (S-ranked SSM)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
Continued from Cop Duty

Following his scrimmage with the sharingan smuggling pirate—Tetsujin, Hoheto finally realized how frail he was in his trade. Not only would he had lost his eyes to the battle obsessed pirate, but his life as well. Recuperating from the grave injuries incurred in battle, the uchiha gave thanks for Soku's assisstance. Severally, he'd been criticized and warned of his frailty as opposed to the harsh world of ninja but he chose to trust in his own time, not willing to double the effort required for his growth yet overly clingy to his ideals and morals which by the account of the experienced don't win battles. In the end, their words proved superior, the same words which now haunted him.

Dossed down in the plushy mattress embedded in a tanned stand, the familiar crease of anger rested on Hoheto's features. He had exacted revenge with the aid of Soku for his slain brothers who were made to pass on without their eyes but that wasn't enough. More so than he'd like to admit in the face of others, it pained him he offered little in that fight. So, he stayed up late thinking of ways to triple his skills in a relatively short amount of time. The thought came for him to go into a deep research and that meant keeping his ambitions to himself while visiting the library like he'd never done before. Usually, there were books for these sorts of things he reasoned. Presenting himself before the expanse stands of the Leaf's library, book after book the uchiha ran through in the course of weeks in search of the knowledge on how to obtain more power but with little success. The closest he came across was a vast, dusty book with lettering on forbidden techniques known as kinjutsu. Fourteen they were in number, each with its benefits as well as its drawbacks. Glancing through the rusty pages, Hoheto came across the third chapter designated for Dark Sages and that caught his fancy despite its moral damning attributes. The power to toy with the aspects of life and death as one saw fit seemed absolute to the uchiha. With such power he could conjure up an undead army perfect for war. Hurriedly, he read all there was to it but found the information up short; All but a glimpse he'd come to know of dark sages save for the shredded knowledge of being one. To his amazement, no other book in the library dwelled on the subject. Almost as if someone descried in time past of his coming. Hoheto subdued the thought of asking around the library as it would arouse suspicion besides, only a few knew of these dark sages.

Days turned into weeks and weeks into months as Hoheto toiled for answers on his own but found nothing. The thirst for this power became so unbearable and sickening that the once cheerful uchiha reclused to a solitary life. His hours he traded in the pursuit to make contact with the other side. At first, he resulted to meditation but when that failed he ventured into a more darker route—blood rituals and experimenting with the dead. The corpses of slain shinobi, he'd take for himself into the forest of death where he'd try to reanimate them back to life. Soon the uchiha became accustomed to the stench of rotten flesh even as he stored them on heaps within the confines of scrolls but without the knowledge of a dark sage he failed in every attempt to bring back the dead. Unknown to him, every attempt gradually rolled back the veil between this world and the next. His dedication didn't entirely go unnoticed as outworldly creatures soon took interest in the chance of obtaining his soul.

Several months after Soku and he had defeated the pirate, the uchiha stumbled upon a strider in Maple town who tipped him on Tetsujin's supposedly disbanded gang's whereabouts. Infuriated that these thieving bastards and murderers were yet alive, Hoheto prepared himself to finish off the few left as he made his way to treacherous lands of Crater city donning a cloak.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
(Continued)

Unknown to the uchiha, it was all a set up to get back at the duo who killed their boss. The new leader Ryuichi was away on a job during the onslaught and when he returned he learned of what had happened. It took him time, money and intel to learn of the people that killed the boss; this was an act of vengence. Fortunately for Soku, Hoheto was alone in this quest. Enroute the gates of the city, the uchiha is ambushed by figures that had trailed him and were too fast for his featureless eyes to perceive. Estranged of his pursuers, the uchiha halted to assess the situation. "He's the one alright, the uchiha" a voice whispered from one part of the forest. "This lil brat? Now way!" Whispered another. "But Inoichi said there were two of them." Whispered the third. "Let's take care of this one and then we'll go after the second" the whisper ensued once more. "Who's there?" Hoheto questioned in a deep tone. "Well now.." a figure popped out of the bark of a large tree. "I am Ryuichi, leader of this small band of thieves. Tell me something boy, does the name Tetsujin ring a bell?" Realization dawned on the uchiha. "Shit!" He responded. "Oh I see you knew him. I also hope that you aware today marks your last day in this world. Get him Kyoujouran Atsuchi and make sure nothing happens to those eyes, they're worth a fortune" Ryuichi declared, rubbing his palms together. Sensing danger, Hoheto turned on his heels and attempted to flee but the earth beneath his feet shook uncontrollably. He staggered for a moment and fell on his back. Hoheto looked up and saw a man of mascular build. He sent a web of lightning traveling his way as a distraction while making a break for it. Despite his efforts, he found his nimble feet bested by the countless number of many as they trailed him behind, seemingly for sport. The uchiha ran till his heart could take no more. His face yet unseen.

"It is over, lad!" Ryuichi shifted his weight, trying to cut an imposing figure but settling for 'I'm in charge'. He eyed Hoheto, who stood surrounded in the forest. His prey, cloaked in a black leather hood enough to mask out most of his visage, appeared to have a penchant for mystery. The rattling of metal resonated within the genin's covering as he turned to face Ryuchi. "I'll make some really cool cash outta those eyes of yours!" Ryuichi bristled. This was, in fact, the farthest he'd ever gone on a job? (If you'd call this that) Any ordinary pirate would have given up on the chase. Thirty minutes tops. But Ryuichi was nothing if not tenacious—he'd earned his reputation for a reason. He bared his teeth. "Give it up kid, you've no where else to run. I've got forty men. And every one of them are missing S-ranked merc ninja unlike the lousy few back at the warehouse. Today, you're gonna die." Ryuichi voluntarily flickered his eyes around the lush covering of leaves that lined the forest. Forty ninja. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel. "You've got persistence, I'll give you that." He smirked. "You managed to get this far. But I bet you never thought it'd end this way. Ready to die?" The forest became still. Ryuichi shifted his weight again, uncomfortable with the tension. He could feel sweat beading on his brow, and hoped the ninja on the treetops were as much as ready as he was. Shit! Percieving the truth for what it was, Hoheto gritted his teeth, unsheathing the sword at his posterior with a Sching. "You bastard!" Ryuichi yelped. He glowered at the uchiha. What was wrong with this kid? He either has nerves of steel or a mental condition. Either way, the smuggler had had enough. "You arrogant punk! Just die!" Ryuichi gestured with his fingers aligned, prompting the forty ninja into action. Hundreds of throwing knives volleyed toward Hoheto, kicking up a dust cloud that soon swallowed the turf. The whistling of metal splitting through air ceased a few seconds later as Ryuichi smacked his lips at the return of the forest's peace. "Maybe that shower soaked you up." He cackled.

Pierced and bloodied, Hoheto found himself in the same position as any wooden dummy during target practise within the grained ground of the Leaf's academy. Within the dust cloud, he vainly tried to escape. But with each effort, the throbbing sensations he felt throughout his body tripled. Could this be the end? No one in the Leaf knew of his agenda. The quest for revenge had blinded him into believing that this fight was his alone. Drowned in regret, Hoheto's perilous wounds gradually robbed him of his consciousness even as he looked upon his frailty with disgust. It was yet day but he found himself seeping into the darkness. Suddenly, a familiar voice cried out. "HOOOHEEETOO!" The uchiha's eyes widened as the darkness overwhelmed him. How is that possible? The sky was rich in light... No, it wasn't the sky... It was everything, as the whole world was being subtly rearranged into an unknown shape. Almost as if time froze, he found himself in a world different from his. Hovering before him was an enormous mass of darkness, crimson hues of red radiating from its hollow sockets. "What are you?" Hoheto answered in a shaky tone. "I AM DEATH, AND YOUR EFFORTS TO BECOME A DARK SAGE HAVEN'T GONE UNNOTICED. YOU ALONE IS ABLE SEE ME BECAUSE YOU'VE MANAGED TO PULL BACK THE CURTAINS BETWEEN WORLDS. ALLOW ME TO REWARD YOUR DEDICATION FOR A PRICE…"
"What?" Hoheto eagerly asked. "YOUR SOUL!" "Agreed" Hoheto retorted. In a swift motion, the malevolent specter brought its large scythe over the uchiha—no physical pain but he felt a piece of him taken away. "DONE! YOU ARE MINE NOW! THE POWER TO TOY WITH THE ASPECTS OF LIFE AND DEATH I HAVE GIVEN TO YOU. GO FORTH DARK ONE, MAKE YOUR ENEMIES COWER IN FEAR OF WHAT YOU HAVE BECOME!" Hoheto flashed a smile as the entity vanished and everything returned to normal.

After months of trying, he had finally succeeded in making contact with the other side. He emerged from the dust rejuvenated, brushing off dirt from his shoulders. "I'm sorry I kept you waiting but can we make this quick?" Hoheto spoke from the cloud of a smoke. Barely a second had elapsed but Ryuichi found his persistence more annoying than the witty banter. He sucked in a lungful of air, getting ready to bellow. Suddenly, he heard the clatter of metal weapons falling to the ground. One by one, most of his men backed away. "What the hell? Do your job!" he screeched. Someone shouted, "No way!" "I pay you, you bastards! What's the big idea?" Ryuichi wrapped his sausage-like fingers around the katana resting on his considerable waist. Unlike his men, he was ninja and thus was estranged to proceedings. Fresh sweat pooled everywhere. What could have happened? No kid could've survived that shower. So why were his men suddenly dropping dead? [The ability Dark Invitation used] Ryuichi gripped its hilt. He was poised to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Red and black flashed from the dust cloud. The wind rustled the leaves of trees, and another batch of his men sprawled on the pile. Ryuichi's remaining men approached the dust cloud cautiously, wary of friendly fire. Ryuichi however had no such compunction. "Like hell I'm going to lose to a kid!" He picked a dagger and aimed at dust cloud. The metal whistled, and one of his men collapsed. "Crap!" Ryuichi again, hurled several whenever he heard the mild steps of Hoheto's leather boots. Sweat poured off his forehead, blurring his vision. But Ryuichi didn't care. Aim for the noise. Aim for those steps! I've got you now. We aren't doing this forever. Ryuichi's remaining men darted into the veil of smoke, leaving him behind. His eyes rolled around anxiously. "Have you gone to hell yet?" But there was no answer. A light breeze gradually dissipated the veil of smoke. Over thirty bodies lay unsoaked in red, but Ryuichi could scarcely identify the uchiha. "Hahaha! So much for being tough bastard, I bet you're dead around here somewhere. The eyes! Where are the eyes?" He stepped carefully through the corpses, looking for Hoheto. They must have hit him. Had to, those numbers at that range. Find the body, pluck the eyes, go home, and knock back a few drinks to celebrate.

His confidence returned. He could practically taste the celebratory cold beer running down his throat. Then something caught his eye. "Wha-?" Ryuichi felt the pit of his stomach grow cold. His mouth opened and closed like a fish's as his eyes registered the ghoulish aura around a figure standing alone in the midst of forty. Hoheto's outgrowth of ebony fluttered as he strode forward. "What were you trying to say?" A gust of wind pushed the last of the dust out of the forest, brushing a strand of black hair out of Hoheto's face. "If you need help completing a simple sentence, you might as well lose your tongue." Hoheto appeared to not have a scratch on him! His black shirt was a different story, though. It was riddled with holes. "No! You freak!" Ryuichi spat out. Hoheto was nonplussed. "I… I like the sound of that" "Shut up!" Ryuichi snarled. He gestured with his katana knowing what was on ground. "I've still a fight left, Demon!" Hoheto moved further enraging Ryuchi. "How foolish of you." The uchiha responded.

Rage chased away the last of Ryuichi's fears. He tightened his finger around the katana. "You talk big kid. I'm gonna make sure I cut you a bigger hole for good. Think of it as the last gift you'll receive." The pirate charged at him. Drawing in, the two were so close that even a blind man couldn't miss but Ryuichi watched as a bone covering stayed in the lad's shell [Bone Behemoth used]. "Shit!" Hoheto chuckled at the sound of the smuggler's voice. Ryuichi meanwhile stared, agape. How was that even possible? He had aimed for his gut only to find an estranged casing in its stead. He's not human. "Your soul is mine!" the dark sage crowed. "Crap!" The wind picked up. Maybe it was the breeze, or maybe it was his fear of the uchiha—either way, Ryuichi shivered. He staggered backwards. I'd be better off away from this madness, the pirate reflected. More than paying with his life! But he had come this far; the last of his fortunes he had set up for this plan, gaining those eyes could set him up for life. Might as well attempt to complete the mission. This wasn't a loss a man could just walk away from but still, a little pace can't hurt, he thought. Suddenly, the voices of familiar figures cried out. Ryuichi reached for his scabbard but came up empty, as he had forgotten to retrieve his blade from the bone casing. Damn! The voices grew louder, echoing up the trees. Ryuichi's eyes darted around. He spun around wildly. His fear grew more and more primal, his thoughts tumbling into feral abandon. Even if he'd had the the katana he wouldn't have been able to use it; not with what he'd seen. The eerie voices of the slain were nearly upon him. Suddenly, he heard footsteps behind him. "No!" He whirled anxiously but just as he did, several blades sliced toward his face. Slowly, his vision bled away. He felt several others tearing into his flesh. Ryuichi tried to shout for help, but the gash left upon his throat made his voice not to work anymore. Nothing worked anymore-nothing but his nerve endings, transmitting endless pain as he was hacked into bits. Ryuichi wiggled and screamed silently. Finally, when all was done shadowy hands snatched the body of his victims beneath the earth as well as their souls save for the body of Ryuichi as the uchiha had plans for him. The isolated terrain Hoheto deemed fit to carry out his diabolical experimemt. Summoning the soul of the Kyoujouran-Atsutchi, he infused it inyo the corpse of Ryuichi, watching with excitememt as his undead creation was made to rise. Finally the impossible was attainable. The first of the uchiha's undead soldier to add to his new found strength

TWC 5000 +
[Marked for kin App and Soul Creation]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back