Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Last Step [Topic With Council]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It had been several years now since he'd taken control of Cloud by force, dismantled the established powerbase, reestablished a new council system, killed the murderer of his closest friends and been cleared of any wrong doing. His position was only ever temporary in his own mind, he would stay until another who was capable would be ready to take the title, he would do his best to stabalise the economy of the village and put it into the best possible position for his successor.

That was Akira's goal, that was what his goal had always been.

Time had passed and now he was ready. He had a successor who was ready and capable of the position. They wouldn't have the same biases that Akira had towards various shinobi, they would have their own opinions on how things should go, but Akira had set the village up in such a way that it was now capable of change.

He wouldn't be everyone's favourite Raikage in history, but he would be one that he hoped would be remembered.

Taking over through force had only happened once, and that once had been unrecorded, secret to those not in power at the time. Shinbatsu, his master, had led a civil war internal of the ANBU alone against Ryuuto. That Shinbatsu became Raikage showed the victor, but Ryuuto had been allowed to leave. Akira had not allowed the woman he usurped to leave unharmed. He thought of her as a woman, a shinobi, not as a Raikage because she wasn't. She had been that for such a short amount of time that any record of her being such had been wiped from the records. She had fled as soon as she had received any incling that Akira was coming for her, but Akira had organised for her to be hunted down, and then delivered the killing blow himself.

He had done things which people disagreed with. Placing a missing nin as ANBU Sennin after they had wrecked havoc through the village, changing the economic system at its core as his latest statement. People loved, people hated, both emotions fell on him, and both ran like water off a ducks back as he cared not for their opinions, but rather for the betterment of the village and little else. Shinbatsu's pride was all he hoped for, and that would be enough.

Kouin had proved himself in his position. For that Akira was thankful.

The economy was beginning to restabalise after his shaking it up. It was different now, and certainly not without its own issues, but at least the village could afford to survive should the absolute worst happen and the Shogun turn against them in the near or distant future.

So he called upon a representative from the council to speak with regarding his last steps as Raikage. There would probably be disagreement, but in the end all he could do was make requests, that was how things had been and how he wanted it to remain.

He would make two requests of the council, for the council to discuss, for the council to decide on. It was their decision and their decision alone, Akira would not get involved and he would allow them to reach it however they wish.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
OTUMjo4.png

Kyouzou Houjyou
Head of Mining Operations​

Being the only councilor apparently able to get out of his work to handle the meeting, Houjyou entered the room and sat down. It was surprising that he of all people were able to get out of work for a meeting, considering all the new mining opportunities and the increased workload he now faced. Regardless, he was here, and he’d do his job as required. ”G’afternoon bossman-sama!” he exclaimed with great enthusiasm. ”I gotta say. That move you did with the land? Brilliant. The mining business is absolutely booming. I can safely say the growth projections have exploded upwards.”

Explosion puns aside, there was a reason for the meeting, and it was better to get to the core of it, rather than small talking all day long. There was still a ton of work to be done. ”I take it you didn’t call this meeting for small talk or pleasantries, though. So why don’t we get down to business, huh?” he asked, looking at the mountain of a man sitting in the boss chair.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In a way it was good that he'd be having this meeting with Houjyou, he was one of the councilors most please with his move as although it had meant an increase to his workload it had also meant that he was now running one of the most important aspects of the village. His standing and worth to the council and village increasing dramatically due to his knowledge and experience in the industry.

This seemed reflected in the way he entered the room.

Akira smiled his faint smile, giving away his own pleasure that things seemed to be running well, and glad that this man at the least was happy about it.

Nodding as he mentioned that this was a more serious meeting than that Akira spoke his agreement Yes. Please take a seat.

He would sit as the council member did.

You're aware as to the method of my becoming Raikage, and I'm sure that everyone is also aware that I did that relatively shortly after returning from retirement. In Sand I entered into a conflict, in which it was demonstrated absolutely that age has weakened me and that on a battlefield I would be nothing but a liability to the shinobi of Cloud.

We have all seen what happens to Raikage's who cannot defend themselves. Kiyo having been crippled, Shin murdered... I don't think we want another episode of that to occur. As such I'm retiring from my post as Raikage.

He would let that set in for a moment before he continued.

I think that at this time we have someone who is most capable, young, energetic, and who has led the village both in the ANBU and Main Branches, he has the respect of all shinobi in Cloud and a finer leader we couldn't hope for. I hope that any stories I have generated are eclipsed by him, for that would make this decision all the finer. Ayumu, Main Branch Sennin, is my choice for my replacement, of course the decision on whether or not to follow this request is over to council.

This was the way it had worked, and a good way in Akira's mind. It meant that Ayumu would be considered for to ignore the previous Raikage's request would be discourteous, but it meant that should the choice of the Raikage be terrible then it could be overruled. The same went for when a Sennin chose their replacement, the Raikage would take it seriously, consider it, but if someone better existed then that person could be instated instead.

There is one other thing, a little outside of the cube that I would also like the Council to consider. I am the first Raikage in this age to step down by choice, not due to injury, death, or upheaval, and would like the Council to discuss the merit of allowing me to retain my title in my retirement. It would mean that hopefully Ayumu would be more free to travel and continue my recent work with strengthening ties with the other villages, knowing that the job was able to be looked after. It will make me more able to take part in discussions in the Council, and hopefully will ensure a smooth transition for Ayumu, also should other Sennin retire or like most Medical Sennin go into hiding... He smiled, it was meant as a joke ... then I would be able to fill in until a suitable replacement found. Effectively it would make me a tool for the leadership to keep things running with the authority of the leadership itself.

I will not feel dishonored, or slighted should this request not be granted, it was simply something I thought might be of worth.

He looked at the other man, these were his two requests, this was his retirement from the Raikage position, but he hoped that he would be able to serve the village into his old age as a political figure, serving those who served after him.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
OTUMjo4.png

Kyouzou Houjyou
Head of Mining Operations​

Houjyou nodded ”Yeah. I recall the events that transpired. To be fair, they had it coming, as did the Shima woman.” he said, not giving one ounce of sympathy towards the people that had caused great upheaval within the upper echelons of the villages government. ”Hm. So you think that retirement has made you too soft for self-protection? Could be. Could be. Getting out while the going’s good is a wise strategy though. I imagine the people might admire you for setting the village on the right path, then leaving the reins to another capable shinobi. Could win you a lot of post-retirement brownie points, so to speak.” he theorized.

”Ayumu-kun, eh? I can’t say that I’m intimately familiar with his work, given my focus on the mines and our production lines, but I’m sure the other councilors would like the choice you made. Of course it’ll have to come up to a vote due to procedures and other such red tape…” he said, sighing at the end while thinking of the pile of paperwork waiting for him on his desk. ”I’ll make it first point on the agenda of the next meeting, however. That way we should have it sorted out pretty swiftly. But, don’t wait up for an invitation, okay bossman-sama?”

However, what Akira asked next surprised Houjyou a bit. Keeping the title, eh? An interesting concept, but that’d probably be subject of heavy debate amongst the clan heads on the council, it’d probably mean working overtime, once again, for the civilians. ”An unusual request, for sure.” he admitted ”The council will have to deliberate on that quite extensively, as it’s essentially letting you retire, but still do the job. From a financial standpoint, that’d require some heavy contracting changes. Way out of my league, to be honest. But I’ll bring it up on the meeting as well. I’m sure it’ll be like dropping a bombshell on the others, which is always fun.” he said with a grin. ”Anything else you need me to bring up on the next meeting, or was that it, Raikage-sama?”

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He shook his head.

That was it.

Taking in a shaky breath his hands gripped the ends of the arm rests. It was a hard thing to do for anyone, stepping away from a position of power. Yet Akira was old enough, wise enough, and had seen enough blood to know it was the best thing to do. Too frequently had the village been thrown into turmoil at the sudden, unexpected and unplanned loss of a Raikage. This time it would be smooth. This time he would make sure that the move was seamless, that the village suffered nothing, and his replacement had already seen what he was willing to do if he felt it needed to be done, and he still existed.

I think we did well. He said to the councilor who sat opposite him and I hope time proves that the changes we made were for the best. Something no-one could accurately predict, but something that their decisions would change.

Everything he had done was for the benefit of the village, to stabalise it, make it more secure and able to stand up on its own without the financial backing of the Shogun. He'd managed to swing it as the Shogun could see the benefits of having it no longer be a drain on his coffers... however Akira knew that more warlike Shogun's might have had more questions for him, ones which would have to do with securing their own ownership and consolidating their power over the lands that Cloud ran.

Well I know that you're a busy man, and I'd hate to hold you up any more than need be. I'll continue to perform the duties of Raikage until a replacement has been decided upon.

Akira nodded his head and would say whatever additional farewells he needed to say as the man would take his leave.

Everything he had intended on had been done.

His role had been fulfilled.

[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back