Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Legerdemain [Stealth Class/Open]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Birds sang their best in the early morning hours, here. When the autumn dawn crosses the horizon, life celebrates the new day, and nature rises to the occasion. Aside from the rythm of chirping and wind passing through the trees, there was only the crunch of a single young man who had been busy since the moon was still high. He was none other than Jomei, a resident genin, and now adjunct instructor at the Ninja Academy. He arrived with an extra sack slung over his shoulder, and heaved it into the air before webbing it to overhanging branches. His open hands then served as mitts for hefty tangerines falling as they shook free: the reward for a busy morning arranging all of the activities for his very first class, today. He took a seat in the grass at the trunk of the tree, and could barely strip a section of the peel off the citrus before biting into it. The fruits of his labor were already paying off. Jomei looked into the trees, watching the little bag spin in place until he became too lax and drifted off for a quick nap.

A twig snapped- Jomei awoke to full attention when another presence entered the grove. Yes- a grove, as today’s class had been moved to a small gardening patch within the village. A peaceful area filled with tall fruit-bearing trees, beautiful yet dangerous species of flora, and the occasional gardener harvesting fruit or pulling weeds. This garden was a mystical place ripe with the product only generations of cultivation could achieve. The plants within this patch of land were infused with chakra, and grew two to three times their normal size. It was the perfect setting for his lecture and lab on Stealth and Survival Tactics.

Prepare to learn the Art of Sneaking.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young girl was wandering around the groves near the academy. She had never been to this area before, and wasn't exactly sure where she was supposed to meet up for the class. Sara looked up through the tree line, thinking it was later than it was, now thinking she was going to be late for class. Nearby, she heard some rustling, and looked over, seeing a farm hand, tending to a tree in the distance. She started heading towards him, hoping that he would know where she was supposed to go. The man was dressed in slacks, with a fairly worn blue shirt. She spoke as she neared, surprising the man, "Um, excuse me. Sir? SIR! Do you happen to know where.." The man started muttering than yelled at her, "Damn man, don't you know you shouldn't sneak up on people like that." Than he started saying a few other words under breath. She waited until the man stopped breathing hard before she asked, or rather, finished the question she had started before. "Do you know where the academy students are supposed to meet at?" The man looked at her blankly than looked away from her. "I saw a man sleeping at a tree nearby." He pointed in the direction he was looking than back at her. She looked towards the direction for a moment, than back at him, thanking him. As she walked away, the man stared at her, muttering something than going back to what he had been doing before.

She walked in the direction the man spoke of for about 4 minuets before seeing the figure of a man in the distance. She put her hand on a tree and pushed off against it, rustling some leaves as she did. She headed towards him, and saw a low hanging plum a few steps ahead. The young girl lost track of him for the moment, now paying more attention to the fruit. She grabbed for it, pulling the branch towards her, and grabbed a hold of it. She pulled harder in both directions, as the branch snapped, and the remaining of it slapped other branches causing it all to rustle. The man ahead of her stirred, but she hadn't noticed, as she was now walking towards him again, inspecting the fruit in hand. She picked at the branch, trying to pull the fruit free. She looked up, now seeing the man looking towards her. She waved and walked faster, dodging slightly around the trees. "Greetings, Sir. I...hope I am not late. I got a little lost on my way here." She looked around, expecting to see others nearby, but didn't see anyone. She looked back towards him, and waited for him to respond. IF the time showed itself, she would introduce herself, with a little bit of enthusiasm, "My name is Yaku Sara. It is good to meet you, Sir."

[Training]
WC: 466

Sumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sumi couldn't help but feel annoyed by all this. She didn't understand the point in all these classes sometimes, she felt you either had the skill or you didn't. Oh well, tho. Requirements were requirements, and she had to try to meet them so she could move up the ranks. It was getting up early in the morning that had really caused her sour mood. Sumi hated the mornings because of how the early sun always bothered her eyes. Not to mention, she always felt so groggy. Why couldn't classes just take place after noon? When everyone was well rested. She would let out a sigh, continuing down the path towards the garden their class was to take place. She would look around her at all the fruit before spotting an apple tree and stopping for a moment, looking around to see if anyone was watching. Upon seeing no one in sight, she would focus chakra to her feet, running up the tree and snatching an apple from one of the branches. She released herself from the branch, letting herself fall before flipping over and landing on her feet.

Well, that was much better. She hadn't woken up early enough for breakfast. She would take a bite out of the still green apple, enjoying its sour flavor before looking out across the garden and scanning the area. Luckily for her, she knew the area well. As the future Daimyo it was part of her teaching to learn and know the area well, because one day it would all be her responsibility. Sumi continued walking, taking a short cut through all of the trees to get to the area where the class was meeting. She paused when she heard a branch breaking, looking ahead to see a young girl who seemed to have the same idea as her. Fruit. A great morning treat. Sumi would lean against one of the trees, watching the girl in silence. She was more than likely a student, herself. Considering the gardens weren't exactly the coolest hang out spot for any young person. Once the girl had walked away, dodging through the trees, Sumi would continue to move, as well.

Sumi didn't care whether she was late or not and so she didn't rush like the other girl, she just walked along. She would walk out of the orchards moments after the girl had bothered to introduce herself and go to lean on one of the trees on the outskirts of the area, taking another bite from her apple before waving lazily at Jomei an early morning scowl still on her face. "... Morning, Jomei." She'd mumble before sliding down into a seated position against the tree.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Indeed, it wasn’t long until his pupils began to arrive; the first of which being young Sara, who was only half Jomei’s age when she joined the academy. How miraculous. Of course any instructor worth his salt did a little reading on his students before taking up a class; especially when making plans like Jomei. As Sara approached her examined her quickly from a far, and tossed aside his breakfast as she arrived before him. The half-eaten tangerine rolled in the grass as he greeted Sara playfully, in the old tongue. “Dobrý den , maličká” he spoke while climbing against the bark to his feet, in the tone elder family members spoke to the baby of the family. It was Bohemian: the phrase “Good morning, little one.” Sara seemed befuddled as she stood before him, and quickly explained her purpose. Jomei quickly switched back to the common tongue before he confused Sara further, “Ah, Miss Yaku… My name is Matsui Jomei, and it’s great to see you made it here. Ha, I started to think I goofed, scheduling the class off campus.”
As he spoke, the awkward tension began to melt, until he noticed his second student approaching from afar. She was taking her sweet time, not that Jomei took it personally. “I just figured that we could use some fresh air. Why wait until after graduation to get some real world experience… right?” The idea of real world experience should’ve been frightening to some students; the ones who weren’t ready to become ninja.

In that moment Natsumi arrived under the tangerine tree, but lacked the vigor Jomei saw in his younger student. The difference was obvious; mostly due to the brutal academy process, littered with poor management and a lot of unexplained hold-backs. Sumi stood across from Jomei, seemingly as equals in age and stature, yet he was her teacher today. “This could get awkward” he plotted within, “I better bring my A-game.”
Lucky for him, he still had time to gain his composure before facing her wrath for his ineptitude as an instructor: it seemed she wasn’t a morning person. “Time to rise and shine sleepy head” he pestered Sumi on arrival, “you gon’ leeeeearn today.”

Finally ready to begin the class, Jomei stepped back from his two students and brushed himself off, in preparation. Here goes nothing. “Welcome to Stealth one o’ one” he declared sternly. “I’m sure you’ve heard that this class covers the essentials of shinobi stealth, several techniques, and survival strategies… But today I want to put an emphasis on that last part. Survival.” As he taught the class, a certain energy of professionalism was displayed by Jomei. If anything it was just confidence, but there may have been a chance that he actually knew what he was talking about. “So to begin- what is stealth, or the point of stealth?” A Rhetorical question. “At it’s core, stealth is the act of going undetected by anything you deem a threat to your mission... and more importantly, your safety. while you won’t always need to be on the defensive to use stealth, it is the most integral part of making sure your missions are carried out successfully.”

A light breeze passed through the grove, offering a chill to make the trio awake and alert if they weren’t yet. The commotion it caused in the trees provided a key contribution to the next part of his lecture. Jomei began to look far and wide across the grove, and turned his gaze back to Sara and Natsumi. “Therefore, the potential of your stealth actually depends on what?” Also rhetorical… “ The type of threats you’re trying to avoid. Before jutsu even become a factor, the first part of ANY mission should be analyzing the battlefield and every obstacle you face, and obviously, the actual opponents.”

On that note the lecturing stopped, and Jomei leapt backwards into the air. He settled himself within the tangerine tree again, and began fishing something out of it. Aware of their training thus far, he called both girls into the tree as well with a wave of the hand. The branches bounced as the ninja gathered, occasionally causing fruit to fall if they weren’t light on their feet. While they wouldn’t be graded on their tree-climbing today, it would become a critical part of the exercises to come.

Peeling away branches with his hands, Jomei peered out over the grove and invited his students to do the same. “Did either of you see any gardeners on your way through the groves? If you did, I hope you got a good look at them, because as of now you’re both fruit thieves, and they are the guards standing between you and passing grades.”
Jomei arose to a standing position upon the branch, moving carefully as to not disturb the hanging fruit any further. Enough falling fruit would alert the man pruning bushes, not too far away. “Let’s move to a spot where we can get a better angle of our mark.” Unlike his students, vision was not Jomei’s hidden strong-suit, and he traveled ahead of them, so they could trace his movements and recognize the best points for moving under cover. “Now take a good look at him… He’s our first target. We need the keys off of his belt-loop; but out here, someone is bound to notice if anyone goes missing. He must be left unharmed. I want the two of you to use stealth and teamwork to distract him and steal his keys… But first, confirm your intel and develop a plan of attack that won’t compromise your stealth. Execute your plan when ready.”​

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man spoke, and he said...something. He wasn't working, taking a break and the other man didn't know of this guy, so unless he was a vagrant? She stood, looking at him blankly, trying to put what information she could together. Perhaps he could point her in the right direction if she spoke slower. She tried again with the man, now introducing herself to him. This time, she got an understandable answer from him. He kept speaking, and apparently she was in the right spot after all. Chances are they might get along together, as he seemed to like adventuring, and he seemed to enjoy talking and joking around. She still wasn't sure what he said, but it must have been some form of a joke or something she figured. Jomei than started to speak again, though passed Sara, so she turned around to see another student behind her. She smiled at the girl, and gave a short wave, expecting some form of response in return. She greeted the man than slid to sit next to a tree.

Jomei began the class with a rather basic introduction of what 'to hide' was. Perhaps he was still trying to play with the two of them. Or maybe he thought them to be dumb. She wasn't sure if she should be pissed or joke in return. Then, for a moment he got serious and jumped into a tree. He waved them to join him, and Sara looked at him questionably, than looking back at the other person in the party, waiting for her to go first.

She eventually joined up with him, and than listened to his next set of instructions. He stated that they were fruit thieves, and she wondered, if he was joking or being serious. She spoke softly, maybe enough to have him not hear her questions, with some quickness to her words,"Are you being serious right now? Are we actually thieves?" He walked away and she continued whispering questions, "Wait, where are you going? Are we really in trouble?" He moved away and she watched closely, than followed very carefully, following him as if she was his shadow. He started giving orders, and she felt overly stressed at the moment to take his words as anything but truth. She didn't want to get caught, getting in trouble wasn't an acceptable notion. He told them that they needed to steal some keys from him, and not hurt him. If she was thinking, at all, she would have questioned why they needed the keys, but such thought was out the window for her. She looked at the other girl, hoping for some leadership from her. Some form of words of comfort and encouragement would also be useful at the moment. "I..I..saw one of the gardeners earlier. I..pretty sure I can trans..tranform into him.", her words almost silent, though it would be easy to hear the jumpiness of them.

Sumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sumi gave a simple roll of her eyes as Jomei pestered her, standing up as she took one more bite of her apple before tossing it behind her into the orchard. "... Yea, yea.. If you didn't make class so early, maybe i'd be awake." She'd mumble under her breath. Jomei was right to think it was going to be difficult to deal with her at least to some extent. Sumi was already stubborn. Sumi would glance at Sara, offering her a lazy wave back, a grimace on her face. Sumi would move a bit closer, listening to Jomei's words. She assumed he was explaining for the younger girl more so than herself. He had to realize that Sumi had been around the block a time or two, where as this other girl was.. well, pretty young. Sumi would examine her as Jomei continued to speak, eyeing the younger girl. An early morning grimace still firm upon her features.

When Jomei had waved to them to join him, Sumi would walk past the young girl, following Jomei up the tree with quite a bit of grace. When it came to basic skills such as tree climbing, Sumi did fairly well, considering the torturous amount of time she'd spent as a student. Sumi seemed to brighten up a bit once Jomei had told them what they were doing. It actually sounded a bit challenging. And Sumi loved a challenge. She felt like the younger girl was going to be a drawback, though, the more and more questions she asked. Why would we be in trouble..? It's a class. She would think to herself. Then again, the farmers would surely be frustrated once they realized what was going on. They did need a plan to get those keys, though. That much she knew was true. And this girl seemed to have a bit more intel than she did, considering Sumi wasn't really the social type. Sumi had her own abilities and skills to offer, however.

"... That should work. You can transform and distract him. I can use my eyes and sneak up behind him. I should be able to predict his movements, so I can sneak up behind him and take the keys. If he's going to turn around, i'll know. So i'll have an extremely small window. Keep him close to the trees so I have a quick hideaway if he turns around." Sumi would whisper to the two of them, making sure to keep as silent as possible. She would then activate her sharingan, looking to Sara and winking at her as she let a playful smirk fall upon her lips.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The gardener was aloof; ripe and ready to get played by the training ninja who stalked him. Sara's hesitated, but her partner had confidence to spare. Jomei backed out of their way, leaving them to make due, and keeping a close eye. He was sure the students could manage one gardener, but it would be interesting to watch. Sumi took charge and proudly activated her Sharingan.

It so happened that their plan was appropriate for the moment. The gardener Jomei designated as their mark the classic, blue-collar type of guy. He was tan from long days in the sun, and still fairly clean for someone tending to a garden. Like most gardeners, he wore a round plastic respirator. A razor sharp pair of sheers were his tool of choice, and it glided through the foliage. Chop chop. He was going from bush to bush down a long row of flower-bearing hedges, trimming. Only a fellow green-thumb would understand why. The flowers of these bushes was a bumpy type- hardly passing the grade for a beautiful specimen. They resembled stalks of corn without kernels, and released yellow specks of pollen. From his watchful perch, their leader rubbed beneath his nose, one time. "Watch the pollen" his said smugly under-breath.

While his peeps were preoccupied, Jomei unveiled his camera from beneath his cloak, and peered along the grove horizon. Near the center of the grove, a three-storey tower peaked over the nature that surrounded it. It was starch white and shaped like a vase. The tower was made from wood with large windows barred by thick branches. Once they had all of the entry tools, the real score would get complicated.

“Ready?” Jomei called down to the his followers, who had yet to initiate their plan. “Go.”

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She jumped out of the tree and brushed off any leaves or what not that might have gotten stuck to her dress, now hiding behind a tree a short distance from the target. She peaked around the tree, seeing the target, hedging some bushes, and the pollen leaving with each chop of his shears. Sara breathed in deeply, than out slowly, repeating it again, still slightly unsure of this fiasco of a class session. As she breathed out the second time, she weaved the signs and in a small plum of quickly evaporating smoke, took on the image of the gardener she saw a few minuets ago. She looked and dressed similar to the man ahead, though was a little older, and stockier. Sara ran from the other side of the tree, around slightly so that the mans back would be closest to her partner, and facing towards the tree and bush. She was a several feet away from the man as she called out to him, running towards him. Her voice similar if not the same as the man's from before, though she might be a little shy on his slang, but she would try to add a few profane words since he seemed the type. "Yo, YO! Hey!" She called over to the man. He would look up and most likely walk a few steps towards her, allowing for him to stop doing his job and make him a larger target.

Chances are, he would know whom she was transformed into, though she had forgotten one thing. What was she going to talk to him about? Thoughts ran through quickly as she tried to think of a subject. She tried to by time, hunching over as if out of breath. As he would speak to her, she would hold her hand up, huffing, "Sorry...One second man. Haven't had to run like that in a while...Whooow...shit, I am out of shape." A few more seconds would pass by as she breathed heavily. "Hey..Hey have you.." What was she going to talk about. She got it. "Have you seen some guy and kids come by here? One of them scared the crap out of me earlier, that stupidass kid." She would wait for a response, now trying to figure out where to go from there.

[Training]
WC:385

Sumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sumi would carefully walk down one of the trees, being careful not to make a sound. Once on the ground, she would watch as Sara walked up to the man, disguised, and started to make conversation. The younger girl had gotten the man to move away from his work, giving Sumi an opportunity to move in. She would quietly start to approach them, her Sharingan focused on the man. Sumi's glowing red eyes would watch his chakra carefully, ready to move at a seconds notice should he seem to start turning around. She could only hope their plan worked out.

Sumi would crouch down near one of the bushes, not getting close enough to it to brush it or make any noise. She would peek around the side, looking to Sara before giving her a nod of her head and a thumbs up to signal that she was going in. Sumi would slowly stand up, quietly walking up behind the farmer. If everything went as planned, she would be standing directly behind him. She would copy his motions, moving when he moved, just to make sure she was in the clear. Sumi copied every motion almost perfectly, too, with the help of her sharingan. After a while, she would reach down and attempt to remove his keys as gently as she could. If she failed, she would try to make her way for her quickest escape route, back into the bushes where he at least wouldn't see who had down it even if he had heard her, and up a tree and into it's safety. She could only hope the man would be caught up enough in conversation and tired enough from a hard days work that he wouldn't notice a little weight being taken off of his belt.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It seemed as if the students’ plan would go off without a hitch. When Sara made her daring direct approach, the target engaged her attempt at conversation, and became the subject of her trickery. The small girl took the form of a stocky gardener, much like the man she stood before, and even committed to an effort to match his voice. The real yard-man seemed puzzled, and stroked his chin while trying to figure what to make of his friend. His brow became furrowed, and he set aside his trimming tool. “This better not be another tall-tale, Mamoru” he lectured Sara is he stepped back from the hedge and placed himself in the perfect position for Sumi to sneak behind him. “If the thieves are back, we need to alert the others right away!”

Their mark stayed on the spot long enough for Sumi to hone in and unlatch the set of keys from his key ring. Apparently, Sara’s Mamoru impression worked so well, she had convinced the senior gardener that trouble was afoot. “You had better not be hitting the sauce at work again, you b-bumbling b-bafoon! If you really saw the thieves again, we need to report it to the boss, Lady Sango.”
Sumi was able to escape without a problem and disappeared from behind the gardener, leaving Sara alone with her upset company. “If you’re not showing up late, you’re dropping the ball on something even more important. Here, keep working on this hedge for me, and I’ll set the alarms. You won’t screw this up...” The agitated gardener left Sara with the brunt of his mundane activity, and ran off in search of on-site security. This was about to get complicated. As he grew smaller in the distance, the gardener shouted “please don’t screw it up.”

Once the coast was clear, Jomei revealed himself and hurriedly waved for Sara to rejoin them in the safety of their shaded foliage and perches. It was almost impractical how Jomei expected his students to stay reliant on hiding in high places- it was merely his own survival instinct. Once she returned, Sara would discover Sumi with the keys they worked so hard for, and a distraught instructor planted upside-down above her.

“Great job committing to the role Sara” Jomei told her with a kind but reluctant tone. He sought eye contact from his hanging position, and remained upside-down with ease. “But thanks to that blabber-mouth of yours, our mission just got a whole lot tougher.” Unaware of his exact word-usage, the instructor of sorts began to climb higher into their makeshift hideout, and revealed his camera in order to get a better look at the tower in the distance. “If you want to stay out of trouble, the last thing you do is report your team to the enemy… and describe them, to boot. Now the parameters of this mish- class have changed.”

It was then that the sound of grating metal shrieked several times; resulting in an ominous echo that penetrated the serenity of the garden. Through his camera’s zoom Jomei witnessed the opening of several large hatches by the gardeners and their supervisor, who watched. Giant bee-hives were revealed within these state of the art cells, and droves of massive bees began to flock from them.
“Obviously, when I said we were fruit thieves I should have been more specific, but things weren’t supposed to go down this way. Your class was supposed to be simple” he admitted. "Steal the key. Get in. Pick the fruit... but things just got harry.The staff has to deal with fruit thieves all the time, and have special bees called Sentinels bred specially to pollinate this garden. They’re going to start a swarm and attack on sight if you are spotted… I doubt either of you need the warning, but you don’t want to take a sting from these things. It feels like taking a dagger, and the toxins they emit will leave you immobilized, if you don’t go into shock first.”

Jomei lowered himself to eye-level from the girls, and revealed gifts for them from the backpack he brought along. He wisely intrusted both Sumi and Sara with standard smoke bombs. “It won’t be safe for us to stay together, so take these. If you become compromised, use a smoke pellet to escape… The smoke naturally disorientates them, and should open a window for you to get away. However, once that bomb goes off, you’re going to attract the staff to your area, so you’ll have to act quickly.”
One of his many hands pointed to the tower that stood above the garden which seemed more like a maze now that the element of danger was introduced. The many obstacles standing between the small team and their goal presented a challenge most-likely unprecedented for Jomei’s new students. What had he gotten them into? “Let’s split up and meet at that tower in five minutes. The rendezvous point will be determined by whoever can secure us a safe spot first. And if one of those bumbling gardeners come around, use your best judgement before you get caught. This should be obvious too, but if you get caught you also fail the class… and that will be the least of your problems, trust me.”

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was half way through her second sentence with the man that Sara saw the hand gesture from her partner in crime. She had to buy a few more seconds, and continued on with him to allow her to get fully in position. When she reached up for the keys, it was then that she started to talk again, than the plan rolled out in her mind. The guy was going to be confused, and she would ask if he saw them so he could return an 'item' one of them dropped. But after she finished talking, the man she was speaking to spoke with finesse, leaving her speechless. All she was able to get off was a "Theiv.." before the man started to insult the man she took the form of, and handed, being the gentler term, it was more like threw, the trimming tool and started to run off. As he vanished, she turned around to face her two allies, uttering the choice words after releasing her form, "Shit....that sucks.." Her head held low and started walking towards her compatriots. She avoided eye contact best she could, though made it occasionally enough to get the gist of the feelings in the room.

She listened to what his initial plan was, hearing certain choice words that left her to lead to a conclusion slowly, coming to tuition after his last words finished, speaking about the bees and the plan of action. "How...have...are you..The thief he was talking about, was that you?!" She said the words in a slight jumble, though, getting clearer and with more anger and force behind them with each word. She had taken the bombs easily before speaking, hanging to each of his words while forming the theory in the back of her mind. One way or another, she would get to the bottom of this whole crappy moment, and deal with the guy, whether if it would be now, or after they finished this, 'class' of theirs.

The three of them parted ways, by suggestion from Jomei, something she didn't fully agree with. Most likely trying to avoid the words she spoke before they parted. She started to enter a tangent, uttering the words"Fail the class. You can", repeated a few times, amongst a choice selection of a few other words to complete each sentence. It lasted a while, before she tried to clear her thoughts, and refocus on the situation at hand. Sara thought deeply about what actions were to be taken, trying to formulate a plan to get to the tower with the least amount of harm, and quickly. The guy had left her, well, not her, well her but.. He left 'Mamoru' in the field to finish his work, and released the bees that were to attack them, or this 'Lady Sango' did. Well who didn't matter, but one thing was important. Obviously, the man would most certainly be safe from the bees, otherwise it would be unwise to release them in the first place. Perhaps, the bees wouldn't attack field hands? She redid the hand seals, and transformed again into the man she had been before, Mamoru.

Sara started to walk towards the tower, confident in her plan's tuition, though she would still be reluctant to let those bees get to close. She activated her 'Byakugan', something she knew little about truly, even in name, the chakra rushing to her eyes to allow a much more keener sight to be held. Though she was new to utilizing the increased vision the chakra gave to her eye, the increased range and radius of sight was a worth while trade off for the little chakra it cost her. She would be more capable of keeping a closer eye on her situation. Plus, using it would allow her to keep an eye on her allies as well. After all, what kind of medic would she be if she let her allies behind! With that thought in mind, as she walked towards the tower, she uttered the words, "Well, maybe not Jomei. He can suffer for a little while!", a sharpness to her voice.

When the time was right, she would enter into her practiced combat style, and her chakra style shortly after. Though, she would wait for the bees to be in a close enough proximity to justify such.

Sumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sumi started thinking the moment Jomei spoke. She didn't want to fail the class, but also didn't feel as if she had to worry about getting caught. She was the younger sister of the Daimyo, afterall, which she could use to her advantage. ".. Couldn't I just go..? Afterall, if they see me they won't think it's unusual. They'd recognize me. I could just use the excuse that i'm going to collect fruit for the Cage of Rubies. Wouldn't that work?" She would ask Jomei after returning to the tree and listening to his speech. She would also take the smoke bomb, however, placing it in her pocket. She just didn't understand why things had to be any more difficult. Why not take advantage fully of who their team members were?

She would wait for his answer before taking her own path towards the tower, staying close to the ground. The bees would more than likely expect them in the trees, but not in the brush. Besides that if she saw a farm hand, which with her sharingan activated wouldn't be a problem, she could quickly hide from them in the brush. The trees were too much of a danger now with this new found enemy. She realized how necessary it was that she make it to the tower, however. Especially considering that she had the keys. If she got caught their mission was over. Not only were they on alert, but they would lose the only tool they had to make everything go smoothly.

[MFT]
(Note: Sorry for the late reply on my part, i've had to work overtime and haven't been feeling well so i've been a bit out of commission.)

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The heart of danger continued to beat as the band of thieves continued to debate their leader’s plan. While the parameters of Jomei’s game continued to change, his students were getting tired of being so ill-informed of the situation. The stakes were increasing, and so were the questions and back-talk. As Sumi contemplated Jomei’s idea, he looked at her with a puzzled expression in return. “Yeah, I’m sure that would work if we were here to pick peaches; but we’re in a little too deep to play it innocent, Lady Sumi.” On that noted Jomei suspended their conversation and flung himself out of their place of cover. While his pupils had different plans for reaching the tower, he would take the high road. Passing between branches and the cover of foliage, their instructor disappeared in the green.

As clever Sara took a pleasant stroll through the garden grounds, it seemed as if her disguise was working out perfectly. The beauty of the garden created a serene setting for her walk despite squadrons of buzzing drones making constant patrols past her. On occasion, the mashing sounds of old men running frantically around the garden would draw near, but she had ample time to simply step out of sight. It seemed as if her path to the tower was clear, and she came up a long row of rose bushes which led to the tower’s base. The flowers grew around a wooden arched walkway that delivered her to the meeting point. Suddenly, a woman clad in yellow and black and extravagance emerged with yellow fingers pointed at Sara. Two more bumbling gardeners arrived by her side as she began shouting orders with a shrill voice. “Mamarou” she screamed. “Didn’t I tell you to go back to the strawberry fields forever?” She was Lady Sango; the ruler of their hive and Supervisor of the grove. No one was getting into the tower without getting stung by this blonde bombshell. And now, she set her sights on the go-to fall guy… Mamarou. “Get over here before I sic my bees on you! And you better have a good excuse, or you’re getting the bees ANYWAY!”

Meanwhile, as Sara drew the attention Lady Sango and her goons, Sumi had chosen a traditional sneaking method to approach the tower. As one of the same gardeners who passed Sara made his was near Sumi, she would find similar ease when it came to avoiding them. But as she hid under cover from one passing goonie, the shaking branch enticed one of the giant bees as the pollen was released into the open air. Before she knew it a bee was perched on her hiding place, and jamming its stinger into small flowers, mere feet above where she hid. Of course Sumi could remain hidden and the bee would pass in time, but a glance at her surroundings would have revealed Sara’s predicament from afar.

It seemed as if the key stunt was just a dry run for the real thing.

“Oh no no no” Jomei panicked from their designated hiding place, generating a hymn of dismay as he watched his plan finish falling apart. Worst come to worst, they had the chops to escape without this getting back to the academy, but the true goal of their lesson was slipping out of reach. “If I go now, I could snag the fruit and maybe be back in time to fix this… or maybe not” he pondered while leaning against a branch, lax-posed. “But that would make me a real jerk, wouldn’t it?”
Great Job with the class so far. From this point out there will be combat, and some chances to excecise stealth strategy. It's up to you both if you'd like to use full combat rules for the remainder of the thread or not. If you do, I'll try to offer modded mission credit on top of class credit. Call it an activity bonus.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sumi had suggested a plan during insinuation of Jomei being the lead cause of this attack upon them. She didn't understand what the girls plan entailed, was she suggesting to just give up? That didn't make much sense, though her words had other implications to them. And to top it off, Jomei had ignored her words, but responded with quite a bit of, courtesy than she had expected to come from him. She muttered the words as she walked down the path, "Lady Sumi? Cage of Rubies?" She had suggested to just walk up to them and tell the gardeners her name, and the situation would be over and done. Why? At some point she would have to speak with the girl, on friendlier terms than the current situation they were in. Sara felt a great need to discover the identity of this red eyed Lady Sumi.

The buzzing sound every other moment was slowly getting on the girls nerves. She half expected the wasps to always turn back around and attack, but nothing every time. The wasps were disregarding her as if she belonged, the plan going pretty smoothly. Though, she decided to play it safe and keep away from any fellow gardeners that would head her way, an easy task as she could see them well before they could see her coming. Outside of the few duckings for cover, and the occasional swarming of wasps, the trip was pleasant. She would occasional inspect the insects passing by, looking to take a better inventory of her enemy. They flew at a decent rate, but nothing she couldn't counter. And besides their three stingers, she felt a jolt of electricity would keep them at bay. Sara laughed, thinking of herself as the human size bug zapper.

Though, her trip being of Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens had to come to an end at some point. With a high pitch whine, as she exited into the opening, close to the building she needed to get to, she heard someone call out loudly, yelling the name Mamarou. She looked around, forgetting for a moment that was her guise. She looked over to the girl dressed in a fashionably odd getup. She was screaming about strawberry fields. She called him to come over and she pointed to herself, trying to keep up a rouse of playing dumb. She hustled over slowly, taking her time kind of to get to the woman, though making it look hard. She started to breath a little hard to hold up the ruse, as she inspected the girl, and spoke, "Sorry.. I saw all the..why are they out?" [In Reference to Wasps] The girl was a fairly slender woman with a thing for yellow and black, like the wasps. And she..Why was she wearing headphones not connected to anything?

Well, thinking they weren't buried deep enough just yet, Sara decided she would try the same ploy yet again with this woman. She would wait a moment from when she last spoke to see if the woman would speak but than jump in one way or another, "Are you after that dangerous looking guy and boys I saw in the fields? I just saw them again heading that way. That is why I came to you." She would point in a direction slightly away from where her allies were meant to come from. If it worked great. If not, then she would have to figure something else out. Though it was around this time she noticed her ally in a slight pickle behind her. A wasp prodding a pocking to close for comfort at her ally. And what was worse is, she had the keys that would tidy this whole thing up in a bow for the day. He moved his finger a little more to the side closer to the direction of the girl, hoping that this woman in yellow heels would tell the bee to go in the direction she pointed. "They were about 300 yards that way, holding some knives and hauling away several large bags of fruit."

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As Sara committed to the lie, Lady Sango began to walk angered circles around her and stomped her heels in the grass with every angry step. With nothing better to go off of, the Queen Bee proved to be gullible enough to believe Mamarou’s story and pointed in the direction Sara suggested. “You heard him you nitwits, they went that way!” At the fashionista’s beck and call, her goons took off in the general direction provided by their fellow nitwit, Mamarou. Once the two gardeners disappeared in the distance, Lady Sango demanded Sara’s attention once more. “Ahem” she called to Sara from the rear. “Don’t think I’m finished with you; you sap-sucking twit.” The fervent anger of the garden’s overlord reached an uncontrollable level as she watched the production halt around the grove. The morning hours were being wasted by these imbeciles, and she had to do something… She had to make an example of someone. The bumbling idiot Maramou would do just fine, or so she figured.

“Bees! Bees! All my bees!” she screamed. “Sting this ingrate!”

The sound of humming began to grow in a chorus that surrounded Sara and the nemesis who held control of the instruments of her demise. This was it, Sara’s cover was still in tact, but Mamarou was officially the victim of a horrible boss rampage! Two giant bees arrived, making a deadline for Sara with more coming inbound.
[spoilername="The Legerdemain Actions and Info"]Lady Sango: 1800/1800 HP
Sango has summoned two Giant Bees. When these bees are defeated, a new bee will take it's place until Lady Sango is still active on the battlefield.
  • Giant Bee #1: 170HP
  • Giant Bee #2: 170HP

No Offensive Actions taken.

I have provided ample time for you to post Sumi, and hope you can continue once you're up to it. But this thread must continue.
1/3 Strikes for Sumi.[/spoilername]

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The plan worked perfectly this time around. The woman sent the people and the bee that was attacking her ally away towards the direction she pointed. For a moment she thought the woman would not give in to her explanation, as she trounced around angerly. The woman called to her attention and she looked back at her. More insults followed, and Sara began to wonder why this guy was hated so much. She yelled out a command, and soon enough she and this woman were surrounded by two large bees, and she could see several others on the way. She could see them moving towards her, as if in slow motion thanks to her enhanced eyes. Things took a turn for the worst after all. A look of annoyance and fear came onto the face of who's image she took. She needed to think quickly, though already had a half plan laid out.

Sara would hold her cover, though she reached into her pocket, pulling out the two rings and placing them onto her fingers. Though she grasped the hands together as she placed them on, and got on her knees, bowing to the Woman as she slipped them on, then grabbing onto her feet. "Please. Please don't. It hurts to much. Please, I will do anything you command." As she bowed, she started to affix her favored chakra style to that of Lightning. The necessities of combat took time for her to gain, but they would be well worth the end effects. She would let go of the woman's feet if she stepped away, though would move closer to her, keeping at maximum 1 foot away from her feet, bowing over and over, begging for her life. As her hands would be placed onto the ground, she would put them together, and weave a single hand sign each time. The young girl had a plan, and she wanted to avoid being attacked at all cost. But she needed to set everything in motion. She finished weaving the signs needed, and chakra welled up within her. Everything was now set.

Sara was wasting no movement, no time in her plans to avoid being stung, and ending this confrontation as quickly as possible. Though, she had a hope that the woman would buy her pleads, and not attack. That would be the best case scenario, and she would allow right up until the last moment to allow the woman to change her mind. But if needed, she would strike. The strike could even be mundane or unseen if she planned it right.

[Training]
WC: 431
[spoilername="Current Stats"]Class Name: Iwagakure’s Heavenly Fist
HP: (54+lvl) x stamina = 4200 / 4200
CP: (51+lvl) x chakra control = 3968 / 4240
Class Bonus: +20% [Lightning] damage (Includes affinities)
High: None
Average: Evasion, Nin/Melee Accuracy, Genjutsu DC
Low: Puppet/Ranged Accuracy

Stamina: 75 / 100
Agility: 69 / 100
Ninjutsu: 55 / 100
Taijutsu: 55 / 100
Genjutsu: 45 / 100
Chakra Control: 80% / 100[/spoilername]

[spoilername="Action Performed"]Action Points: 2

Placed Weapon: Armor of the Moon and Sun (.5 AP)
Weapon took on the property of Lightning

Entered Chakra Style: Lightning (.5 AP)
Offensive: Volt Jump chosen

Lightning Jutsu Used: Thunderfist Master (1 AP)
Affinity Move: Overcharge added (+15% damage) (+20% CP)
Class Bonus: +20% [Lightning] damage
Next Melee Attack +452
CP Cost: 132

Byukugan Eyes activated from Prior Posts:
CP: 140 per round

Overall Enhanced Secondaries From Jutsu:
+3 melee accuracy
+1 ninjutsu accuracy
+1 dodge
6% auto dodge per attack
-5% CP Unarmed Taijutsu[/spoilername]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Lady Sango hovered over Sara in a power stance as she groveled. With folded arms and a furrowed brow, she looked down upon the hands pressed against her ankles. “You dare…” Utterly appalled, she couldn’t even commit to her attack and swatted at the oncoming swarm. Back you beasts. The look in her eyes became as cold as the Northern Sea. “It’s like you don’t even know what’s at stake. It is harvest season for our prized fruit tree, the Okayama Tree produces magic fruit, once every other autumn in a limited supply. It’s the last tree of it’s kind in the village, and produces the largest, plumpest, sweetest, most nutritious, most delicious peaches you could ever never taste in your miserable life! A single Okayama Peach is worth more than a year of what I pay you to work here. And I’ll be damned if I let some scoundrels make off with our best fruit.”

Suddenly, the sound of a door latch twisting seemed to cross between Sara and Lady Sango, and echoed from the entrance of the well-protected tower. But out came two more gardeners, but this time they were wrestling with the pesky spider they found on the Okayama tree. “I found the intruder, Lady Sango!” The gardeners were ecstatic, but struggled to contain Jomei as he punched their jaws, and kicked their shins. Two grown men were failing to contain the youthful energy Jomei displayed with every six-armed act of resistance, but were resolved to withstand his fight until it ran out. “The Spider was in the Okayama Tree, trying to steal the fruit. By the time the alarm went off inside the tower, he had a small fortch--” his words were interrupted by slap in the jaw from his feisty captive. Between Jomei and the two guards, they also juggled several peaches the size of volley balls. Dense super fruit with a mystical quality, apparently. The ninja continued to snatch the fruit from the guards as the struggled to grab his arms and keep the fruit away.

“This is called an advanced diversion” Jomei shouted with a cocky smile on his face. “The classic get yourself captured to distract the enemy technique! Exiting stealth for a coordinated attack!” On that signal, Jomei fired webbing into the face of the guard holding his left forward arm, and snatched another peach from his possession. As the dilectable fruit were tossed around, their scent was wafted into the air, and the swarms of Giant Bees began to flock towards Jomei and the gardeners.

“Not you again!” Sango screamed in a familiar tone as a deep thorn in her side revealed himself once again. “The Science Division can pay for their Okayamas just like everyone else, Spider! The Grove doesn’t care if it’s not in your budget or for important research.”

Furious and embarrassed by this debacle, the manager Lady Sango became confused by her rage. The pasty touch of Mamorou could not be barred any longer. She stretched her body down to the ninja in the gardener’s disguise, and sought to harshly slap that clueless expression off his face. Her open palm was more like a bee’s stinger coming down to offer a dismal blow or the end of Mamarou’s performance.
[spoilername="The Legerdemain"]Lady Sango: 1800/1800 HP
Sango equips Piercing Weapon "Stinging Manicure"
She Attempted to Slap Sara with a Dynamic Poke for 540 Piercing Damage.

Giant Bee #1: 170/170HP
Swarn is detecting Oko Fruit
Giant Bee #2: 170/170HP
Swarm is detecting Oko Fruit[/spoilername]

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The woman began to speak about some fruit from some tree, utter nonsense to the girl but whatever, it seemed to be important to the woman, and to play on the date they just happened to be on the grove. It was almost like clockworks. Sara's thought about the unusual commonality of the events of the fruit, and the mission involving stealing fruit, was just to much of a coincidence. To make it so much more so, the proof of the commonality of events as she thought, Jomei was being dragged out just then as well. 'No shit..', the utterance in her mind almost escaped from her lips, as she hung her head down lower just then. So that was the plan all along. Was he even an instructor? Really? Really? They got duped into this situation. She and Sumi got tricked into helping this guy out to steal an expensive snack. Sara had every instinct to just let the man stay captured, maybe even help these guys out as well. Perhaps the woman would let her go if she did that? It sounded like a plan. Jomei though was still acting like it was all part of his lesson plan, stating that getting captured was also a useful tactic. She looked back up at him, still thinking that helping the guys and woman would be the best course of action.

Just as she was about to speak again, the angry woman spoke. The words that the Science Division was in need of the fruit, though confused her as to why, stayed with her the most. So...it wasn't for himself? It was for the village? That was a different story entirely. Sara could back such a thing, such a need then. The words sparked her back to attention, and she was completely in the moment now. Right around that time, she noticed that the woman was placing a weapon on. She would have to save Jomei then. She started to reach for the woman, weaving hand seals as quickly as her little hands could. Though, as she finished the seals, the woman turned towards her and started to motion to attack.

Sara was moving to slowly, trying to hide her motions before so she could secretly attack the woman. Sango made contact, slapping the girl harshly. As she hit, smoke spluttered around the both of them. Sara had taken the full hit of the attack, unguarded and unprepared. It was a first really, at least in a long time. As the smoke would clear, the grimaced face of Sara would be revealed, in place of the man whom she had imitated, tears welling up around her eyes. Sara had a half shocked, half explosively angered look on her face that slowly turned to a look of rage. Perhaps the shock of seeing the girl would have Sango having a slowed reaction, or the look of pure rage on the little girls face might have her laugh or in fear. The little girl had a single action on her mind now.

Sara charged towards the woman, trying to tackle her, though the action wouldn't be needed. Just a touch of her skin would be enough to release the full fury that the young lass had in store for her. As contact would be made, lightning would explode around both of the girls. Though, only one of them would be affected. The jet of lightning would repeat a few times, then subside. She would place her hand on top of the woman's chest, pushing down and grasping to get her attention. Sara brushed her hair to the side with her other hand and looked the woman in the eyes. "Release the man, and send your swarm away or..!" A momentary pause as she thought about her next actions, her next thought. "Or..! Or else!" Sara came to no resolve.

As Sango would gaze at her, Sara's wounds seemed to slightly heal before her vary tearful eyes. The look of anger, with a slight amount of satisfaction mixed in could be seen. Sara had enjoyed returning the punishment onto the woman, more so then she consciously knew. The girls pupilless white eyes seemed to almost stair through the woman, along with a look that she was willing to finish her off could plainly be seen.
[spoilername="Current Stats"]Class Name: Iwagakure’s Heavenly Fist
HP: (54+lvl) x stamina = 3828 / 4200
CP: (51+lvl) x chakra control = 3535 / 4240
Class Bonus: +20% [Lightning] damage (Includes affinities)
High: None
Average: Evasion, Nin/Melee Accuracy, Genjutsu DC
Low: Puppet/Ranged Accuracy

Stamina: 75 / 100
Agility: 69 / 100
Ninjutsu: 55 / 100
Taijutsu: 55 / 100
Genjutsu: 45 / 100
Chakra Control: 80% / 100[/spoilername]

[spoilername="Actions Performed"]Hyperactive: +127 CP

Byukugan Eyes activated from Prior Posts:
CP: 140 per round

Lightning Jutsu Used: Electroshock - Master (1.5 ap)
Special Action: By paying +20% Cp, the user may allow this jutsu to use Melee Accuracy, and ignore Damage Reduction. This has no chance of being a Sneak Attack.
Master: This jutsu has a 12% chance to 'Stun' the target and be treated as a sneak attack.
Affinity Move: Overcharge added (+15% damage) (+20% CP)
Class Bonus: +20% [Lightning] damage
Damage: 1215 + 452 = 1667
CP Cost: 420
Vamperic Augment: Returns 168 HP

Overall Enhanced Secondaries From Jutsu:
+3 melee accuracy
+1 ninjutsu accuracy
+1 dodge
6% auto dodge per attack
-5% CP Unarmed Taijutsu

Other Actions: .5 ap transferred to next round[/spoilername]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As the voltic current passed through Lady Sango, she was illuminated with bright blue chakra, and smoldered after a few good hits. She let out a sound akin to dying cat and fell backwards, shivering all the meanwhile as if there were a blizzard. “Lady Sango” the gardeners holding Jomei were captivated as their leader fell to the ground like a tree falling in the forest. Now she simply laid there, and exhaled a plume of thick smoke. She laid there with broken willpower as her insects flew about without guidance, and the Spider began making a mess of her Gaurdeners in the background.

“Nice job, Sara” Jomei applauded his younger friend while making quick work of the two men who thought they could handle a full-fledged ninja. They were simply out-armed, and were now disarmed as Jomei snatched away every tool at their disposal with web shots and swift kicks. The bees on the other hand, were a different story. While juggling the large peaches like a clown at the circus, Jomei began to fire his sticky webbing at the giant bees, and disabled them one by one. Though more gardeners and bees would be upon them soon, Jomei casually approached Sara with the prized fruit in tow. “Lightning style huh? Always a good choice” he commended Sara as he approached, and observed Lady Sango, who simply stared into space blankly, and continued to twitch with the occasional grunt. “Aw geez Sara, you really messed her up bad. We need to get out of here… Hang on to a couple of these fruit for me, would ya?” With several of his own to keep, he attempted to force some of the load onto his remaining pupil of sorts. “We really need to get out of here before somebody else sees us.”

Without explaination, Jomei suddenly held a Okoyama fruit up to his mouth and took one huge bite. Juices splashed out, making a mess of his cheeks as he dug deep into the fruity flesh, and revealed the hardened core at the center. His face took a heavenly expression as he enjoyed the perfected sweetness and hint of tartness that overloaded his taste buds. After a moment of heavy chewing, he paused long enough to address Sara. "Hurry up and try one if you want. We need to get out of here, but I refuse to do so without knowing how these taste, first! I mean, we don't need the pericarp, so much as we need the seeds. " Between bites began to explain himself, in leiu of predicting how terrible he must have seemed to Sara at that moment. "The seed within the core of the Okoyama fruit supposedly has some special properties that we need to study at the lab. Obviously, it's tough to get a hand on samples if they are all going to select buyers. We tried to ask for some samples the old fashioned way, but couldn't hit the imploded bill. You could say that we just took matters into our own hands."
[spoilername="The Legerdemain"]Lady Sango: 133/1800 HP
Sango has surrendered.

Giant Bee #1: 0/170HP
Swarm has been incapacitated temporarily.

Giant Bee #2: 0/170HP
Swarm has been incapacitated temporarily.[/spoilername]

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The woman was smoking slightly after the electric shock the girl gave her. Sara stood her ground, threatening the woman as she stood there, dumbfounded. Sara was posed, ready to act upon her threat, watching as she stood her ground with no guard. Sara stepped forward and almost at the same time the Lady Sango fell like a log. She hit the ground hard with a thump and the girl stopped her charge and looked at her on the ground. A moment of shock hit her as well as the woman wasn't moving. "Maybe that was a litte.." The woman convulsed occasionally. "Crap! Crap crap crap crap crap.", she murmured the words a few times. Sara looked around for help for a moment, as Jomei was making his escape from the guards. She looked back over, thinking what to do. 'Should I help her? I mean..shit. Should I? She was an enemy. But..BUT!'

Jomei walked over to where she was and looked at the body of the fallen enemy. He made a remark that made the matter a little worse, her look of horror seeming to grow. Sara fried the woman. Though she was still making sounds as she twitched more than occasionally. Jomei handed the girl fruit and she was on auto pilot as she held onto them as he positioned them. She continued to look at the woman, fighting between her want of helping her, and the knowledge that she was a cruel and horrible bitch, whom probably deserved it. Though, not from her, well, kinda. She did hit her.. A part of her stuck onto that knowledge as she urged forwards slightly every once in a while wanting to help the woman. Jomei nudged her to move and she followed him as she looked back until the woman was out of sight. Now Sara was just running, again on auto pilot, not really registering the fact that Jomei was still talking.

She interrupted him around the time he said 'going to select buyers', saying with some confusion, "Do you really think we should have left her? Left her like that? I..." She hadn't really registered most of the things he was saying. She had heard him, but was stuck in the loop of before. As she followed him, her mind laid elsewhere, perhaps even if he did answer her, she might not realize it. What could be said, really? Could anything truly snap her out of it? The woman, as wicked as she seemed, was a member of the village. And for all instances of the situation, she was a noncombatant, well, she was as close to a non-trained combatant as one could get.

[Training]
WC: 447

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back