Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Lion's Evolution [Private: Shuu]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Koga_1.jpg
|
fiora_the_grand_duelist_by_yumedust_d6tdmh7.jpg
|
gohma_1.jpg

Since becoming the Clan Head the realization that he was weak had dawned on him. Maybe it was self doubt, a slight hint of inferiority. However power was a necessary thing in this world no matter how you spun it, power was needed. The Hyuuga Clan was well known for two things, their famed fighting style the Gentle Fist and their even more famous doujutsu, the Byakugan. The Byakugan could see through objects, people, and observe the natural chakra pathway system Their eyes were the only tools that could actually pinpoint the Chakra Pathway points. Their style utilized these points to fight causing extreme damage to those within their body. Koga did his research thinking of something he could incorporate into himself while obtaining a greater power to combat The Cabal with. They probably had files on him, they probably knew about his bone abilities, but if he gathered the Byakugan and utilized it then he'd have the advantage of seeing what the almighty eye had to offer.

He had theorized that the Kaguya's "Dead Bone Pulse" style held similarities to the Hyuuga style. It was a graceful form of battle but their techniques were brutal. Since his bones were no longer constricted to that of normal means due to his infusion with the past leader's bones his manipulation was on a completely different scale. He would have to find out how they used their techniques but it would all come full circle when he did battle. However none of this would come to fruition without a skilled medical hand. Inu and Gohma followed Koga as he searched for Shuu a woman who was a foreigner but seemed to show a high interest in Sunagakure's affairs. Then again she was trapped here like the rest of them but the genuine sensation she had to help was unnerving but he had to swallow his pride and seek her help. If she was bold enough to take charge then maybe she was skilled enough to successfully transplant these eyes.

The trio doubled back around streets making sure they weren't followed before reaching the hospital. They'd walk through the double doors seeking the nearest person available. Inu would speak as she led Koga by the arm. "Hello, I'm looking for a woman by the name of Shuu? Let her know that Ikoji Koga is here and needs her help immediately. We need surgery for him immediately." The group would be led to a surgery room as Shuu was sought out by some of the medics. If she could not call they'd have to find another but she was the first option. As they settled into a private room Gohma would help Koga onto a bed, as Inu would remove his robes. "I don't need that much help guys..." Gohma would raise a hand at Koga. "Hush Koga, if I knew you were going to go and mutilate yourself before we even got to the doctor I'd have put you in a damn illusion you fool." He was exceptionally upset but he had reason as the clan head would raise his head sighing.

Beyond the normal hooded robes there was a bandage wrap around his eyes heavily padded with two large gauze pads over his eyes. Inu would conduct a summoning sigil while Gohma attended to Koga. "My my, our clan head may be worse than Kenji if he goes and does things like tearing out his eyes without considering that this surgery could fail."</B><i></i> Koga chuckled even though her words were spoken true. In haste and dedication to trusting this woman with his survival as a warrior he removed his other eye and destroyed the false one. Inu summoned the Byakugan eyes from a sign and then placed the glass vial containing them on the operating table. <B>"Alright the eyes are here Koga, when Shuu comes I'm sure she'll understand what's going on but be ready to explain. I've cleaned the wounds and brought prepped the areas for treatment. I don't know what's going to happen when you try to adopt the two Byakugan into yourself but there's a chance the power of the doujutsu will make your Kaguyan genes go dormant. I've read about these types of transplants, extremely forbidden might I add.

However there's always a chance that due to the power of the eyes the patient could develop the power hidden in the eye so much that whatever they previously operated with could leave them. However due to Oto's curse, theoretically the infusion of the bones, should still be available.... basically you should still be able to make enhance your body with bone, but creating anything you want out of them, making a forest of bone... I don't think that will be possible. I'm almost positive these eyes, will cause those abilities to diminish but you should still heal fast, judging on the rate the wounds closed up and stopped bleeding. Thank the Mother for that..."
Inu would continue to discuss her theories about the changes Koga might experience laying out the possibilities and a back up plan in case these eyes did not work. The wait for Shuu would still prove to be useful in providing the new Ikoji Clan head with information for the process he was about to undertake.

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Look, I don't care how you do it...I'm going to need six beds."<i></i> The coordinator that walked beside her through the crowded first-floor hallways of the Hospital looked to her incredulous as he waved his arms around the lobby. The woman today was dressed in a hot pink tee shirt that advertised stylishly 'SylphCo.' whoever that company was, and a plaid skirt that went down to mid-thigh with pump sandals, though she wore shortshorts underneath to maintain some level of modesty. Her purple hair was let down today, though some of the strands from her temples were braided and pulled back to make a small semi-crown on her head. Her fingers and toes were painted red, and it was a wonder when in all of this she had the time to look so pristine. The truth of it was one of her assistants had made her take some time to herself before she passed out, and she knew that if she pushed herself too hard she'd be a danger rather than a help, so she did as asked and napped, as well as cleaned herself up a bit.

"People are sleeping in the hallways and lobby as it is. We're just flat running out of room. I don't know where you expect me to get six beds from." He offered a distressed shrug as he examined a clipboard he carried. Shuu stop and spun, gazing at him cooly.

"This is not a negotiation or an argument. This is me telling you what you need to do. I'm not trying to be unreasonable, I just need those beds for patients. I understand that we're over capacity right now, but unfortunately we need to make do with what we have. Would you want those beds free if that was your little sister Silica-chan?"<i></i> He opened his mouth, goggled his eyes, and shut it again, seeing her point. He nodded quietly, biting his lip.

"I'll do everything I can to get you those beds." Shuu nodded appreciatively, even as the messenger delivered the word that Koga was waiting for her. She inclined her head, then turned back to the coordinator.

"Please see that you do. Thank you."<i></i> Turning on her heel she moved with a focused clip--she couldn't afford to be leisurely these days, especially since her right hand Yume had gone off the deep end. As she approached she offered a tired smile to the Sunan ninja.

"Good to see you, Ikoji-san. Honestly, I had no idea who you were when she told me you were here to see me, you never quite introduced yourself to me. Now, I apologize if my words seem abrupt, but as you can see my hands are quite full at the moment. What can I do for you? I received word that you needed immediate surgery, but you look just fine, and we are still severely understaffed from the previous Hospital detonating."<i></i> Her Hakumei Byakugan examined his chakra flow, which by and large seemed nominal, then she paused, thinking better of discussing whatever it was out here.

"On second thought, lets head up to the Sennin's office. I've kind of taken it over for the moment, just because it has all the files I need to keep this place functioning."<i></i> She waved them to follow her to the elevator, and they rose to the top floor. As they arrived she moved to the end of the hall and opened the far door, leading into a rather generous office that was loaded with texts, case studies, files, medical journals, and the like. She removed her labcoat and tossed it onto a coatrack in the corner as she entered. She moved to the desk and took a seat behind it, letting out a loud breath as she did so. It had already been a very long day. A thin hand pinched the bridge of her delicate nose, her eyes pinching shut for a moment, before she forced them open and focused on the Ikoji clansmen in front of her.

"I figured away from prying eyes and wandering ears were best. This room is soundproofed and has a chakra dampener around it to keep people from prying in, and radio transmitters are off the table with the jammer set up so we should be relatively safe. Now, please forgive the lack of verbal niceties, but I have a lot of places to be at once, and can only be in one, so I try not to be there for too long so I can spread around my time, especially on something non-critical. What can I do for you, Ikoji-san?"<i></i>

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shuu came in stride making way in the room and greeting Koga. He would wave casually, as the other two would glare at Shuu. She was informed of what he needed just as planned but before he could show her, the step-in medical lead offered them to leave this location and head to another. Of all places the Sennin's Office. He chuckled slightly as she offered him this rarity, as he knew some Med-Nin who had been here were probably seething but if the woman was skilled she was skilled. The medical division for a long time had been unattended to, Koga was apart of it long enough to see that it's operation did not move in the slightest. He would have stayed but the loss of his healing power only permitted him to look other places, to be fair he wasn't cut out for this line of work. "Heh, it's funny you remind me of myself the way you care about this place..." Inu would help Koga up who would let out a large sigh as she did. Gohma would grab their belongings and tuck the glass vial with the Byakugan eyes in his robes.

They would follow Shuu to an elevator that would lift them to the top floor. Koga thought to himself about the things Shuu had said. It's weird much like us, the Ikoji clan she's an outsider to this village yet she tirelessly tries to keep things running. Is this a show for power? What if she's like that leaf shinobi who was here spying. She'd have the perfect chance to collect all of our medical information and then leave. The Cabal attacked from within and this woman is basically helping herself to the state of dysfunction using the Sennin office, gathering information. Yet then again she could be a genuine soul who only wants to help. Trust, it's such a hard concept. Gohma's completely against this and believes I need to let Inu do this. I'm sure she could but I want to entrust it with her. I need to know where she stands. The elevator would click open, as Inu lead Koga further down a hall into the famed Sennin's Office.

After settling in Shuu would explain that the room was soundproof and had a chakra dampener. She explained that she had to be in very many places but as she spoke Koga would tap Inu to remove his blindfold. "I could give you a large backstory about why I'm here, but I'd rather move this along as well..." The blindfold was off and Shuu would be staring at two empty eye sockets with dry blood around the edges. There was still fresh blood but the wound had been treated. "In his foolhardy and rash behavior our esteemed clan head decided his best course of action was to tear out his only good eye and destroy his false one as a show of dedication to these eyes that were bequeathed to him from a passive dangerous prisoner who probably could have killed him if they saw fit." Koga would sneer at Inu and throw his hands up. "Oh your explanation is so rich in sarcasm..." Gohma would chuckle and remove vial with the eyes preserved in formalin. Inu would snatch them and place them gently on the desk in front of them.

"As you see Shuu I need these Byakugan in my head. You're one of the skilled hands inside of this village. I'm not sure what more I could say other than could you please help me. If I can access these eyes I'll be able to possibly track down any bombs. I'll be stronger, and with my clans fighting style, my unique bone control, and these eyes I will break new boundaries." He would sit patiently and await for Shuu's response.

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the two flanking Ikoji clansmen glared harshly at Shuu, she smiled back pristinely, rather unphased by it. They did not frighten her. They did not even make her nervous. When she focused on Koga she tilted her head as he unveiled empty eye sockets...sockets that only a short while previous had held eyes that had glanced at her disapprovingly, just as the two flanking clansmen did now. She stood slowly, reaching over and grabbing the jar of Hyuuga eyes. She stared at them for a long moment, memories flooding back of the last time she held such a container. With a slow breath she looked over to Koga with a sad smile.

"Ikoji-san, I truly wish you had consulted me before doing that. While replacing eyes with implantation is possible, it is not unheard of for the organ to be rejected. Further still even if they were to function as normal eyes I cannot guarantee that their abilities as Byakugan could be retained. And even if they could, it's important to understand that implants take a toll on the physical body as the genetic coding of the eyes are different from that of the rest of you and so are far more taxing to use, if you can manage to use them properly at all."<i></i> She looked to him, hoping he didn't misunderstand.

"I'm not trying to nay-say you here, I just need you to understand all the risks. My best friend growing up was a Hyuuga, so I learned a lot about them, their style, and their culture. Many of their moves must be inherited or taught by a Hyuuga clansmen, and getting them to teach it to you is next to impossible without some kind of in. Byakugan are powerful eyes. The influx of information is ridiculously high. I've seen it freeze up entire neural networks and put brains into a vegetative state because it could not handle the sudden surge of stimuli to the occipital lobe. The visual cortex of Hyuuga are developed to handle all that information, and most humans would have a hard time getting their visual cortex to function at all with that much data, much less process it all effectively."<i></i> She glanced to the flanking soldiers, sure they suspected she was either full of shit or doubted Koga.

"Ikoji-kun...even if after all of that you still want me to do it, I must tell you this. Recovery takes weeks before they're even usable. You won't be upgrading your ability. Until you've fully recovered, you'll be gimping yourself...and trust me, Byakugan will not necessarily help you with these bombs."<i></i> She took a slow breath. She'd not revealed this to anyone yet directly, but she was about to for the first time.

"I know all of this because I've dealt with it myself. My eyes are not my own...they are Byakugan. When we were at the Tower Ruins...while I was looking for survivors, I was also analyzing the explosion through the rubble down to the blast origin. I need to know more before I have conclusive ideas, which is why I need to consult the best explosives guy in the business...Kuroda Uri. Once I talk to him I should know something more concrete about what my eyes saw...but for now, It's just too confusing for words. Let me say this though...I haven't dealt with a lot of explosives before, but I don't think it was a bomb. I think it was a jutsu."<i></i> They may have looked a normal sapphire blue, but that was because of her genetic tampering that took months to ensure the transplant took; she wanted to make sure she did it right. And even still, they were not veiny when she used them...because even then they were not normal Byakugan...they were the famed Hakumei Byakugan.

Sitting before them, holding a pair of normal Byakugan, was perhaps the only owner of the Transient White Eyes in all the villages much less Suna, legendary eyes that because she'd been clever, looked absolutely normal. If they found her offensive before, perhaps that knowledge would give them pause before assuming she was some kind of scum.

"Ikoji-san, no matter how skilled I am, because the eyes are not used to you, your chakra and genetic structure are not used to them, and your brain's visual cortex is not developed yet in a way to handle all the information it will be flooded with, even if you could see through them right away they wouldn't work in the way you want them to without weeks of your body finding a homeostasis. Until it does, your skills will be greatly diminished."<i></i> She sighed.

"It's not a matter of if I can perform the procedure. I performed it on myself. It's a matter of even if your body doesn't reject the organs, you won't be fit for combat for weeks, much less have them be usable right out of the gate, and I can't guarantee you'll ever have full control over them. I'm giving you these warnings right now. Medical science is downright amazing, but it has its limits."<i></i> She set the jar down on the desk in front of her with a loud and jarring clunk.

"Even knowing all of this do you still wish to proceed?"<i></i>

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Koga listened carefully as Shuu began to explain the many issues with such an eye transplant. She was basically telling him that their were high risks involved with undergoing it. A chance that he could be destroyed from the eyes unable to even think anymore. Yet the Grand Lion would chuckle hardly concerned with the risks. What Shuu did not know was his clan's lineage. They came from a long line of Kaguyan warriors whose bodies regenerated at extreme rates. His style of combat was composed of pulling out bones from his actual skeleton and the bones regenerating instaneously. It was how his people fought, otherwise pulling a bone completely from their body wold leave them much like a cripple. He wasn't worried about the recovery he knew his body could handle it. He'd been deteriorated by the Eight Gates, and infused by cursed arts, far older than ninjutsu themselves. He was now a living weapon and he believed in these eyes, for Otoha would not have given them up without believing that it was the right thing to do.

It was then that Shuu revealed her reasoning behind her words. She had been gifted these eyes through others and had been in his shoes. A smile would spread across his face as he listened to her explain the situation of the explosives. More so about who they would need to consult about this. Mako would be pleased to get a name on this Uri fellow, somebody who was supposedly an explosions expert. "If memory serves right was it not you two who combined an attack to melt Magnetica after I pierced her shell? Harpuia tore her throat out after that, great teamwork I must say. You know if the bombs are more like Jutsu don't you think you of all people should be able to tear them down as well? You said your eyes are Byakugan, and they see chakra even down to the points correct? The person I got these eyes from was straight of Hyuuga lineage but he's cursed by vile seals like others in this village. His file detailed his abilities very clearly, something most Anbu wouldn't have trouble getting their hands on, especially with the village in disarray it was easy enough to get in and grab the documents. Before I chose what I would do. Originally I had banked on trying to get Sharingan as they seem more abundant, but his past spoke volumes to me... I'm getting off track now. Thing is, if they are jutsu do they not use chakra? If they do then theoretically shouldn't there be "Chakra Points"? If there are points where this power builds up and releases from would it be possible to identify the flow of chakra and how it's processed through the explosions?"

He would sit back and mull over the structure these bombs could possibly hold. How were they formed? How did they retain structure? What kind of jutsu held these properties? If there was any hint in this Uri character Koga would be sure to have his people track him down, as being sightless for the moment meant he was not going to be able to be of any use. Shuu would begin to explain more on how the eyes would not work well and he'd be out of function for weeks. He didn't like the sound of that, but there wasn't much of another choice. He literally had no eyes in his head and getting Oto to curse him up another false eye was out of the question. Koga would stand, stumbling as Inu grabbed his arm and helped him balance. "Thank you Inu... Shuu I appreciate your words but does it look like I'm turning back. I have no other options here, it's these eyes or a blind shinobi. I will not falter because of risks. My whole life has been a risk, the Eight Gates were risk, these bones are a risk, we are shinobi and we take these risks for power no? I'm more than ready for whatever pain and stress that come along with these eyes. My body will heal I know that much. I probably have an abnormal control over my chakra as I once recklessly unleashed chakra in massive volumes to augment my entire physical structure. I've broken this body before but it always pulls through. Even more so I have this woman by my side, whose medical talents are akin to the old healers of my clan when our wars were still bloody. They healed injuries, amputations in a matter of a day or so the elders have told us. Her healing chakra is like nothing else, and take it from me I used to be able to directly draw life from the spirits themselves. It outclassed even that blessing. I have no fear of this Shuu, I'm not permitted to. I'm more than ready to proceed and I have faith that I'll be up an ready to get in a fraction of the time needed. For better or for worse this path is the one I've chosen to walk. Not even the glaring gods will keep me from this destiny." He'd await the medical mistress's next orders as it seemed the occupational approvals were out of the way.

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He was very gifted at boasting, that much was obvious, but did he truly understand what she meant?

"Very well, I acknowledge all of that, but I have one last bit for you to chew on. Byakugan give an increased visual stimulus multiplied by three. Detailed/focused field of vision is about 100 degrees at most. Now assume that gets over tripled, your visual range is over quintupled, and your detail absorption is about decatoupled, and you can now see wings on flies at that distance much less be aware of said fly where before you wouldn't have a clue it existed that far away. Not just the range and field of vision, but the level of detail was dramatically heightened as well. This means the factor of information one's eyes take in while they're active go up by about a factor of twenty or so. Even when they're off, the stimulus increases by multiple of three."<i></i> She turned away and walked over to a cabinet where she retrieved a file on a Hyuuga eye transplant and set it down in front of him, corroborating everything she was saying.

"The brain cannot process all that information naturally. It's like when you're an infant; you need to grow those neural pathways in your visual cortex. For infants, at first you tell light and dark, then fuzzy shapes, than focus but not well. infant vision from birth to normal takes place over the course of about 3-4 months. To process that influx of information the factor of twenty comes into play. Proportionally it should take years. Given that there's no other issues and the rest of you is fully grown and functioning, even if your body dedicated all its growth to the neural pathways on your visual cortex, it should still take a matter of months before your brain can handle that information capably. Healing has nothing to do with it. Healing repairs damage. This is not damage. This is akin to growing a brand new limb where there wasn't one before."<i></i>

She sat back down opposite him and sighed.

"Control over your chakra and abnormal healing no matter how powerful be it your own body or from an outside force...none of that can speed up the rate at which your own brain builds from scratch brand new neural pathways to absorb and process the constant and dramatic increase in visual stimuli. To be very, very clear: Your eyes will not work for weeks at least, and it's not a matter of healing. Your brain needs to rewire itself, and nothing on this earth can rush that or speed that up. During this seige, unless it lasts over a month or so, your eyes will be little better than pretty accessories. There is no escaping this fact or getting around it. Your brain will not be able to handle them no matter how good you heal or are healed, for at least a month. Am I clear? And are you still wanting this?"<i></i> It seemed silly, but she needed to make sure he wasn't some idiot who expected to have functioning Byakugan and Hyuuga skills a day or two later. That would be a downright ridiculous assumption, and she wished to avoid him getting his hopes up only to realize that his brain was not ready to handle the influx of stimuli.

"There is another alternative. With good healing and a body's natural healing skills, I could implant regular eyes back into you. They'd be working in a day or two, and you'd have fully functional sight, and at least you could stand and fight regularly. But you go the Byakugan route, and you'll be useless for a month. Which path do you wish to choose?"<i></i>

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She spoke in formulas that had no purpose, and as if she was explaining some hard concept he wasn't sure what the prodding was going to accomplish. How much more could she say than to plainly paint the picture that she did not want to help. She kept asking him the same question and answering it in different manners would not change that this was the path he wanted. Clearly, she was not willing. With a deep sigh Koga would speak to Shuu in the calmest manner he could muster. "Thank you for your lesson but it is clear you have no wish to help. You can transplant regular eyes and just make them work but there's no earthly possible way you can make these work. I'm sure the Hyuuga don't always have the sight of the Byakugan active but there's nothing more for me to gain here. I've learned more than anticipated and I suppose once more this will fall to my own mettle. Inu please get the eyes, and come back here to assist if needed. I'm heading back to the compound to rest. Gohma if you'd please." He could not fault this woman for her general medical concern but it had no place on the battlefield not when the very lifeline of the village was hanging by a thread. These people had explosives everywhere based on their threats but they were supposed to consult this Uri as if he'd have the mystical answer to it all. The Lion did not enjoy doing nothing, he did not like sitting idly by and clearly he would be forced to if there was any hope of following this path any longer. It was useless the help he sought was not here and now eyeless he'd have to figure out the next course of action at the compound. There was always the chance of creating another false eye through blood arts, but he would put no one else at risk with his attempts. Once more he'd have to forge his own way, and cut through that which sought to hinder him. Fate it was a cruel bitch no?

[Topic Left]

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She shook her head as he huffed like a child not getting their way and stormed out with his companions. He claimed she didn't wish to help, but truth was she wished to do the opposite. Helping was her top priority. The difference was that the help she offered wasn't the help he wanted to hear, and assumed she was an obstruction. He truly didn't understand, and medical science was complicated so she couldn't expect him to. Normal eyes were easy. That was healing and regeneration once the optic nerve was connected. It was easy to return normal sight. What he wanted was way beyond normal, and it was something his brain wasn't ready to handle yet. It would take time. Time he didn't want to wait, but wishing does not make something magically be so. She could no more enhance neurological development than she could transport herself to another world with far more advanced medical practices then their own.

Just because he did not enjoy doing nothing didn't mean that it wasn't a necessity. One could not always be in motion, otherwise they would die. Some animals could. Humans could not. Truthfully she hoped he found what he was looking for, but she could tell he wanted something that would both enhance his strength and function now, and she could not give him that. Medicine had its limits. She waited for a long moment after he stormed out, popping a small blueberry hard candy into her mouth--it reminded her of Kano--and thinking on the twins. Could they have done any better? No. They couldn't have. Healing was not the issue. It was brain development. She knew...she'd undergone the same damn thing. He acted like she was clueless and didn't know what she was talking about, mentioning not always having the Byakugan active...it only proved how little he understood Hyuuga eyes. Shuu, who had lived with them for a long time, knew back when she'd first activated them but before they'd evolved into the Hakumei Byakugan, that in spite of not always having them active, the three-sixty field of vision was always on, and that automatically was a huge increase in the amount of information the brain had to process.

Not everyone would be happy knowing the truth. It seemed Koga, for all his valiant wishes, didn't understand that just because he didn't like a truth didn't make it any less true. Perhaps one day he'd learn how to deal with reality head on...but it seemed today was not that day.

Besides...what kind of raving psychopath rips out their own eyes then seeks medical advice? If that was the kind of action he needed to constantly be having...she could do without his insanity. She had legitimately injured people to treat, not just self-mutilating lunatics. Pulling herself to her feet she went back down humming quietly to herself.

She hoped someday Koga would find peace, but as it was, his soul seemed troubled and angry. Given their current situation, she could only hope that wouldn't rain down further hell upon her and her people.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back