Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Lotus Blossom

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mangled but alive, it hurt to breathe. A Pyrrhic victory, she was confident she had broken both her legs and that a rib might have punctured her lung. Drained. She was hungry. Ravenous in fact as she slunk into the shadows outside of the Obsidian, she would not return there for some time. It was too dangerous, not because it was also Mikaboshi's hunting grounds but also because she had just angered something antediluvian down there. Despite its weakened state, it has had years to consume the essence of others and it surely did so. Despite this fact, it was still so... unformed. It was a terrifying prospect to know what the Lord of the Wild Hunt would become when his strength was fully restored or how much he had taken from her. She had never felt so debilitated. So tired. Standing upright required tremendous effort as she guided herself along the building's edge. Her foot was dragging behind her, twisted slightly as she stumbled with an ataxic gait forward. A mouthful of red sand was coughed up onto the ground.

She was fucking dying already. The heart lacked nourishment of any kind and she wondered if her sacrifice was all for nothing or if she had finally earned her freedom. She stopped short of a rather grand estate, it was the kind that had a lawn not only in the desert but also underground. She steadied herself as she listened to see what was inside. It was a rather normal house for a member of an elite family, the kind that could afford on a whim something most could not afford in their lifetime. She did not envy their wealth, of all things that and human youth were the most fleeting. She desired their crux. Shiori's tongue ran over her dry lips before she bit down with her teeth.

She was so hungry.

Her hand shook with desire as she transformed her figure briefly into that of a server. She did not attempt to replicate the appearance of anyone in particular. Blonde. Petite. She entered through the back as if she had done so a thousand times before, lingering only long enough to not appear as if she had a purpose. Up the twisting staircase and down the long hall to where the family had gathered for what would appear to be tea. Shiori smiled quietly as let the door close behind her. "Excuse me," Shiori announced before a cacophony of screams filled the house. She would depart before the help could arrive, all that would remain of the husband and wife pair with their children was a pile of bones and a thin film of sand.

Sated.

She had something to do still before she escaped into the wilds. There was someone in need of gratitude. She could tell by his attire that he was a man of wealth. She recognized the sand techniques that he manipulated as belonging to the Sunaku Clan. That was truly all she needed to know, the village was not very large and with so many dead their numbers had diminished to only a few.

Sunaku... Sunaku... Harupia.

Yes, that was it. Her transformation dropped. Her injuries now healed, even those that lingered after Shouki's assault. Her dress was tattered and worn, today was quite the ordeal. Her heels clicked on the paved streets, a luxury saved for only the most wealthy and powerful. She spied the names on the sprawling estates, finding the name eventually be it in the slums or among the richest residences in Sunagakure. She took a small sheet of paper and scrawled a brief note on one side, on the other she wrote in large letters: Sunaku Harupia and folded it over once.

Inside it read:

I have not had the opportunity to thank you personally for your heroism, strength and bravery. If it were not for you, I would not be here today. I would like to thank you over tea.

The Lotus Blossom -- 7pm.

~Shiori
<i></i>

She slid the note under the door and walked away. It would have to be today. It would have to be tonight before word spreads.

She did not return home, rather she took what she required from a nearby shop. The merchant would not complain, her bones were still behind the counter at the small boutique she visited. She did not know for sure, but she assumed that Sousuke would have been intelligent enough as to monitor their home and prevent her successful return. First world problems in a second class village. She was already waiting, thirty minutes prior to the arranged time, not for anticipated but rather to see if Harupia already knew. She ordered a green tea and a pastry, she was not entirely sure what she got back in the case of the later. It was long and covered in a sticky glossy glaze. She stabbed it with a fork and carefully held it up to the light, her eyes focused on the strange delicacy while her ears watched more intently the crowd.

Would he come?

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths

It took a while for Harupia to get home. He had bene quite busy as of late, though for once it was a good type of busy. Working on rebuilding, and moving certin hings in the village...he needed to figure out how to move all his things to the surface. His house was somewaht modest, but he had a very spacious attic...perhaps he needed to start selling some of his works. As he opend the door he felt the slighty movment on the ground...a note. Curous he picked it up, scaning it quickly. There wasnt much to read...Shiori...the half dead cousin os Sosuke who helped them fight Shouki...the women he had corssed paths with several times, though at times he wasnt quite awear it was her...curious..curious indeed. He wodnerd what colour her hair would have this time, as he headed into his houshold...he needed to prepare acrodingly.

Five minutes before 7, the door of the Golden Lotus would swing open, revealing quite the dashing guest...if he could say so himslef. His attire perhaps bit more classic then he'd usualy wear, but he also liked nobe robe like clothing. He looked around quickly, trying his best to find who looked closest to how he remember her...it didint take that long, as hse didint seem to cover up her apearnce...figurativly speaking of course. Though she did make the dress look quite well. He wasnt quite sure what the epexct from this whole conversation...but he was curious to find out. Aproching her table with a light step, he would ask "I belive we were suposed to meet?" a light smile plasterd on his lips.

(Note: Picture only show's what Haru is wearing.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
He came. Dressed in a smart five piece suit, the artist cleaned up well. Her memory seemed to recall something scruffier, scrappier if you will. Sharp features and a distinct jawline, he looked more like a model or a politician than a shinobi. It was rare to overdress in the Golden Crystal District and he succeeded in meeting dress code but he filled it out better than some of the other customers. And I thought Sousuke was hot. She took a drink of her tea, she had already ordered one while she was waiting, she was not sure what it was exactly. It tasted like sugared grass, but for some reason rich people seemed to like the stuff. Of course that was because she was not drinking something intended to be spiced with sugar alone but she was none the wiser. She also burnt her tongue gawking.

"Sunaku-san?" Her voice traveled up a note as she ended the statement making it sound more like a query.

"I believe we were supposed to meet?" He announced genteelly.

Shiori shook the cobwebs out of her head both metaphorically and physically as she moved her head side to side barely a half-inch. Back on track... Back on track... She reminded herself, annoyed at this human-like fascination she had developed for pretty things now that her eyesight had recovered. "Uh, yes?" She smiled, attempting to untie her tangled scalded tongue. She reached her hands across the table and announced "I just wanted to personally thank you for saving me. I do not think they would have succeeded without you." A truth, much easier than a lie to maintain. "I was... scared and... you made it better," she smiled. She was buttering him up, but she also did not lie. "You were in a place you did not have to be and you were in a situation where you could have been hurt, but you came anyways. I guess that makes you a hero."

She waved a waiter over and pointed to a drink at random, she had no idea what these weed-waters tasted like or if there was a preference. Unbeknownst to her she had just chosen a Sora specialty, it was a cayenne-like drink rumored to have restorative properties. However the problem with such drinks is they go down like fire and come back out like fire as well. That would be a terrible tale of course left for the imagination most likely as she slid the awful drink over to Harupia and took one of the same drinks to her own lips. Immediate regret. ALL of the regret. Oh God why didn't this come with a warning label!" She exclaimed as she brought the dregs of the former cup of tea she was nursing, it tasted like sod but anything was better than this hell. She took a gulp of the bitter syrup-like drink with barely any respite. Her face flushed as she waved her hand in front of her mouth.

She felt what might have been a tear form in er eye and she wiped away the grit hopefully before it could form. "Gosh, I am so sorry," she apologized as she chose her saccharine words carefully. "I really am not a tea drinker," she admitted with a frown. She had never drank anything with so many syllables in fact. She was more of a fire-water drinker, not a sip the bathwater of Hades drinker. The Red Scorpion was more her thing, but she was not here to show her entire or her true self, just bits of the truth with the rare well-placed lie. Harupia did in fact deserve her thanks, but gratitude alone was not what brought her here with such limited time.

She let out a well-timed sigh. "I wanted you to know that I will never forget your assistance, but that this will likely be one of the last times we meet," she revealed "I regret that this is not really my thing," she added feigning a lack of confidence on her part. "I just wanted to do something nice for you before..." a well timed pause. "Before Sousuke gets out of the hospital." She shook her head side to side in a tsking manner. "You seem to be well," she forced a pained smile and the sound of false concern. "The same cannot be said of my cousin, so I hope you stay out of his way," she warned as she laid out the bait. She did not know much about the man, but she could tell a lot about someone's character. This Sunaku Harupia was one of the 'good-guys'. Being a good guy was also his fatal flaw. He was the sort of man that would put his life on the line to save a damsel in distress. He was the sort of man to intervene on the behalf of a 'vulnerable' woman.

There was a game to play here, a game to play with a very handsome man. Sousuke, you should really take fashion tips from this guy rather than soup cans and comic books.

Quick skin recolor:

Sadly the base was a tad fuzzy for the one on the right but I liked it anyways. You mentioned messier hair so I also got the one to the left.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru couldn’t help but noticed that he left quite the impression on the mysterious red head… he couldn’t help but to feel at least a little satisfaction…Ok maybe quite a bit. He did like to impress, especially someone looking as lovely as she did…Ever since the Djinn attack he wasn’t really the most social outside of his more close friends and family… he didn’t even realize how much he missed a women’s attention. Then again his mother’s attention anytime he went on a date was something that could easily spoil his mood…

His musing was interrupted by her words, as she thanked him for his presence. He listened to her as he seated himself, shifting his shoulders a bit… it’s been a while since he rocked the suit, it felt a bit odd. Rising a brow he would say “A hero eh? Funny how I always hoped to be called that when I started to take shinobi training more seriously…in spite of the drilling, or how bloody some mission turned, I never stopped believing I’m doing this for the right reasons…even when the Cabal came I kept believing… Now I feel the situation came to be because I was Reckless before. So I wouldn’t say I didn’t need to be there…I’d say it was quite the opposite. It did hurt like hell though” he said cracking a half smile, reminding himself of the fiasco of the first scuffle with Shouki, all the pain he caused himself…literary. Still, there was also the memory of the crazed warrior finally toppling down…and it felt good, as much as he wouldn’t admit it out loud. At least not here.

As he spoke Shiori had time to order some tea, and the order came to them. He didn’t quite notice what she was ordering, but as he took a sniff of the concoction, he could feel it had quite the kick. He wonder if she was into spicy meals…and was answered as she sipped the tea herself…much to her chagrin. Blink at her reaction, he would say “Well, Id assume they would be clear in the menu just what the drink was made of…unless you took the daily surprise…Do they even do those here?” he mused, wondering what was it with restaurants and not living people menus once they order.

As she apologized, he took the cup to his lips, with a bit more care then she did. He took a sip, enough to feel the taste, and he had to say, the burn was indeed real. Letting out a small cough he said, in an initially somewhat squeaky voice “Well, I’m not an expert quite myself…though I have to say, this does taste…interesting. Till be weird to wash down tea with milk” he mused, as he at least knew how to best sooth your tongue after burning it with hot spice, before he asked casually “Still, why pick such a place if you’re not partial to tea? Unless you like experimenting, and just weren’t prepared for…well, this” he chuckled taking another sip… it was quite nice in moderation.

Before she could answer she started speaking again, a smile appearing on his face as she thanked him again…then her speech took a stranger turn. She talked about this being the last meeting…about being worried of Sousuke leaving the hospital…Who was apparently not well? Was she afraid? Why would she be…Last time he spoke with Sousuke he seemed his normal, analytical self…though he heard that his last mission has left him in a poor state. This was…worrying. Still, he kept himself calm, leaning slightly closer with his hand supporting his head as he said “That is truly a shame. I have to say each of our meetings have left me more and more intrigued about you… You have changed quite a bit since that…dreadful scuffle we had outside of the bakery. Though your voice sounds just as wonderful as it did then”. He was quite prepared to play the game…or at least, some sort of game. A quite wicked game… Hmm, that was quite a good song…and the musical it was in was quite good as well, if a bit raunchy…and the feint blush creeped on Harupia’s face, as he tried hard not to imagine himself reenacting the scene that song was tied to… he sometimes really cursed his vivid imagination.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The tête-à-tête between them was going well. This would be considered by most to be a decent first date. “A hero eh? Funny how I always hoped to be called that when I started to take shinobi training more seriously…in spite of the drilling, or how bloody some mission turned, I never stopped believing I’m doing this for the right reasons…even when the Cabal came I kept believing… Now I feel the situation came to be because I was Reckless before. So I wouldn’t say I didn’t need to be there…I’d say it was quite the opposite. It did hurt like hell though” An unfortunate stance, the only reason he was so intimately involved in the Shouki-incident was because she left Shouki in his care. Why? That was hard to say, it was actually an impulsive decision when she had more humanity. She wanted to watch him hurt, little did she know that it would feed his perversion or that he would survive the Sunaku.

Shiori sighed. "I ran off," she reminded him. "I am sure he did not escape due to your recklessness," she offered giving him an out. She was actually correct, it was actually because of his benevolence not thoughtless nature that Shouki had escaped. He should have killed that monster when he had the chance, but in doing so he would have been as great a monster as that murderer.

The tea was awful.

“Well, Id assume they would be clear in the menu just what the drink was made of…unless you took the daily surprise…Do they even do those here?”

She had no idea if they had that, she had pointed to the drink or potentially condiment at random. She had no idea what it was that she ordered, only that it was trying to kill with the skill and precision of most assassins. The Sunaku wiser than she, only tasted a drop.

“Well, I’m not an expert quite myself…though I have to say, this does taste…interesting. Till be weird to wash down tea with milk. Still, why pick such a place if you’re not partial to tea? Unless you like experimenting, and just weren’t prepared for…well, this”

He took another drop of the Devil's drink. Shiori was not going to make another attempt at that stuff, her lips and tongue felt almost numb from the pain. "Rich-people stuff," she admitted with a hint of embarrassment in her voice. "Wanted to make you feel comfortable."

She moved the conversation to one of the intended discussion points. She did not come here just to thank the Sunaku heir, nor did she come here to find a handsome date. She had accomplished both things of course, quite fortuitous indeed. Strange also that she developed a sense of taste. She moved her conversation to her problematic cousin. Just earlier that day she had declared war on him and now she was seeking to cause disarray in his ranks before he had the opportunity to organize or perhaps prevent him from organizing at all. If she played her cards right, she would be able to turn his allies against him at least temporarily. The Asylum was as good of a place as any to send that prig. The truth was maddening and that was now precisely the point. She had grown up in Sunagakure before their very eyes, this host body made of dust and ash that felt like human flesh. This hair, made from the very earth beneath them, but so soft and fine it felt real. Beneath this pleasant facade was a twisting nether of earth, wind and song. She slowly recovered, the bounty from this desolate earth was slow to provide and the rich vitality humans gain from fallen game and harvest was minuscule at best. She lived and developed almost normal for a human, biding her time for decades in hiding. There was a time where she forgot what she was, content to live her life as one of them. Her nature more like them than her true core.

He did not fall into her immediate trap, as he leaned across the table. He had a question of his own. “That is truly a shame. I have to say each of our meetings have left me more and more intrigued about you… You have changed quite a bit since that…dreadful scuffle we had outside of the bakery. Though your voice sounds just as wonderful as it did then”.

The color drained from her face. "You recognized me?" Her face quizzical. "You... can hear me?" She verified. That was unexpected. He was correct, she was there at the bakery when the cabal sympathizer and his zombie horde attacked. That was before she died. That was before she remembered what she was. That was before everything changed. "I am flattered," she concluded as she attempted to find an out once again. She had no good answer for his question, her drastic physical change was pretty much overlooked even by her 'cousin' yet he noticed. "I did not think anyone would... be so intensive." She reached across the table to touch his forearm. "But, there is not much of interest to say about me. I like pretty things." That statement was meant to be taken two ways - one in consideration of herself sand her vain attempt to remain beautiful and the other in reference to the man across the table from her. Imitation was not the best form of flattery, flattery was.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Topic Left for Inactivity]

Shiori leaves graciously, giving Harupia a hug in departure. She mentions that she would be at Sousuke's new apartment tomorrow to leave him a house-warning present and that she hoped that nothing would go wrong. It would be an ominous departure considering her previous mention and it was intended as such. Set-ups unlike reality are usually clean, people see them coming from a mile away and are left feeling as if they are more clever than their peers. Such as human nature.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru let out a soft sigh „Didn’t he? I didn’t lock him up. Well, I did, but I assumed that being in the Obsidian Palace itself would be enough to keep him at bay…I’m not that great with Anbu protocol, so I didn’t know just how to make sure super power criminals are kept at bay…”. He still felt bad about the whole ordeal…though seeing Shouki get consumed by a giant frog made him feel a tad better. As she commented about wanting to make him feel comfortable he would take his tea cup, extending his pinkie as it was only proper and say “mmm, why thank you for your consideration m’lady. This venue is quite dapper I must say, yeees” in his best old rich noble voice he could muster, before saying with a bigger smile on his face “Come on now, I know we saw each other…well, very little, but I don’t think I ever looked snobbish did I? I mean, don’t get me wrong, it’s nice and calm here, and the tea they have as a…flavor to it… But I tend to enjoy some more lively places. Though I do like art galleries…guess I’m just more inwardly wild when I can see some art…”
Well, this was going pretty fine for a date…problem was this really wasn’t supposed to be one…or was it? Hell if he knew. This women was a true enigma to him…she changed her appearance almost completely, claimed to be a nurse while she ended up to be Sosukes cousin. He barely knew anything about her, and the one meeting they had she deliberately mislead him…Now she was implying something was wrong with Sosuke… as it often was the case foe him lately, his inner thoughts were a pretty confused turmoil. Why did she change her appearance and how? What did she mean by Sousuke not being well? Just what did she know about Shouki and the Cabal? What did she like to do in her free time? What was her…bah

She seemed quite surprised as he said he recognized her voice…and almost in a morbid way. Curious again. Though she appreciated the compliment. As she spoke he would say with a chuckle “Heh, I guess my reputation as an artist aint as widely known as I thought…Guess I need to put out some more of my work…you think there will be room for a small gallery once were topside?” he used, daydreaming just slightly…perhaps a bit too long even…the fact she talked about liking pretty things also tickled his vanity just a little bit…apparently he was out so long that she decide to leave, offering him a parting hug.As that happened though, he heard the opening cords of some music…

It wasn’t a live recording…but it would fit nicely. As she still held the hug, his arm sneaked behind her back, resting on her side as he stood up, grasping her hand with his free one and leading her into a slow dance. It did catch a few curious gazes, but there was just enough room between the tables for him to move to a slightly more empty space, which worked just fine for him. As he tried his best to lead her to it he whispered near to her ear “Pardon my brashness, but I wouldn’t dear to let a women leave cause she wants entertained…plus, there are still some things I’d like to ask of you…after all, I couldn’t really find you after the fight with Shouki… and you were quite wounded after it…”

Mft, Wc=594

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
“mmm, why thank you for your consideration m’lady. This venue is quite dapper I must say, yeees”</B><i></i>

She laughed. He was actually pleasant for a human, it was a shame she did not notice. She had been enamored by Sousuke for years, perhaps it was her loneliness that caused her heart to imprint on someone who could never appreciate her for what she was. There might have been some sadness in her eyes the moments that followed. Yes, it would be no different here. It would be the same. Once she was recognized for what she truly was he would see her the way the Steward did if he did not reject the notion entirely.

<B>“Come on now, I know we saw each other…well, very little, but I don’t think I ever looked snobbish did I? I mean, don’t get me wrong, it’s nice and calm here, and the tea they have as a…flavor to it… But I tend to enjoy some more lively places. Though I do like art galleries…guess I’m just more inwardly wild when I can see some art…”

Fair point, she had seen him thrice. Once in the bakery where he helped push back the assault. Back before she died... before she remembered. She was an oblivious fool then of course, blind and lame but still somehow happy. "The Sunaku name," Shiori admitted with a half-smile. She thought she was being clever discerning from his pedigree and lineage what he must be. "But I am sure that ...art galleries can be quite wild," she chided. Humans certainly had interesting... perspectives.

“Heh, I guess my reputation as an artist aint as widely known as I thought…Guess I need to put out some more of my work…you think there will be room for a small gallery once were topside?”

It was a wistful dream, unlike those she had encountered previous. Mechanical in nature such as Sousuke who barely even noticed her drastic change to violent men such as Shouki or ambitious ones such as Aburabuta. She never knew about his love for art or his hand in such crafts. She was blind until rather recent, learning how to read over these past few months the written word of man. He was pleasant and that was what was making this hard. In her time, despite the appearance of civilization there was a feral nature to each and every one of them. There were times she regretted the things she did to maintain her Court's supremacy. The humans she had fed on. It would be a terrifying wonder if one day man came to learn that animals were sentient and had the same love, ambition and creativity as they. Would they too know this deep sense of regret? "Wind Country is a big, open place. I am sure there will be plenty of places to put your art," she let out a breath. "I will have to see it someday," she promised. It would probably be after every last one of them was dead. It would probably be past a field of bones and broken armor. What is one more regret with an eon of them to remember still.

She got up to leave. She had to go, this was just too... human. She had said what she intended. She was damaging Sousuke's knights before he ever truly understood that the war had already begun. "I-I should go," she stammered as the chair slid back as she straightened her legs. "I heard that Sousuke has moved and I need to drop off something... muffins maybe," she pretended to confide as she returned to her plan. She made her way around the table and leaned over to give the Sunaku a departing hug. I... I'm sure everything will be fine," she added in a soft voice as she attempted to break the embrace but she felt his hand against her back. It was with a fluid grace that he led her in a dance. She knew the beat, her ears more acute than most. The somewhat lively yet eluding melody dictated the pace as she leaned into him.

“Pardon my brashness, but I wouldn’t dear to let a women leave cause she wants entertained…plus, there are still some things I’d like to ask of you…after all, I couldn’t really find you after the fight with Shouki… and you were quite wounded after it…”

She could feel his warm breath as he whispered into her ear but thankfully he could not see her face as her eyes widened. Did he suspect? Did he already know? Was he just playing a game where he knew every card in her hand. She feet lost pace for a single step before resuming their previous tempo. "I... did not want to be stuck in any more small rooms," she admitted as a half truth. She could not stand being restrained or locked away, not anymore. She was brave... brave once when she purposefully failed to fight to maintain this charade. But it hurt and she determined that there was one things she feared more than death -- being subjugated. "I did not want to be in those little rooms... alone with all those noises and the--" she cut herself off. She did not want the Steward to find her in such a deplorable state. She saw what he could do to her brother. She knew that he saw it. That they saw it. Her blood that was. The crimson earth that painted the floors and the walls. That coated Shouki's implements, that coagulated at the site of her numerous injuries. "Besides, I used to be a Medic," she admitted. That was actually one of the only things about her that Harupia knew that was not a lie. She healed herself, mostly through her slowly rejuvenating energies that the earth fed her through the day. She had only taken to human sacrifice earlier that day, when she finally confronted her cousin once and for all. He would not release her brother, he wanted and used without regret or hesitation her brother's essence. He only compounded her fears. And yes, he knew/ He knew what she was, something he confirmed as she stood at the foot of his hospital bed.

"I suppose there is nothing to fear any more," Shiori announced as she looked over his shoulder at the people in the cafe. They were the only ones dancing and they were the recipient of their haughty stares. "Shouki is dead, and the Cabal has ceased to be a threat," she was of course referring more to the news reports she had heard than personal knowledge. "So... there is no fear of war," she concluded. There of course was. She would soon be the antagonist. A villain the like they had never seen before. But you human... I will probably let you live.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seemed his joke had the intended effect, which he was glad for. He was used to how…literary Sousuke sometimes took what he said, and he remember his father talking about Judori…though he had a much different vision of his father now. And it seemed it didn’t quite run in the family whole sail. As she spoke on he said with a sheepish tone “Heh, right…I’d guess my mother would love it in a place like this…while my dad would sit stiff as a board trying his best not to lose his mind…” As she talked about the galleries he said slightly flustered “Nono, I mean…seeing art pieces from different lands, artist and all, make me feel all…you know, invigorated, excited. On the outside look all calm while in my hand I’m running around franticly…though I guess sometimes I get a huge grin on my face if I like something a lot…” he said in a more motor mouth way. As he tended to do at times.

He didn’t quite have time to respond to her, being caught in his daydream for some reason. Imagining asking her to see his works, explaining what he felt… which would be kind of weird as some of the pieces he made as he was…agitated after the whole ordeal with Shouki…then again he’d need to consider showing those… Dang it, why was he imagining more dates with this women? For all he knew she was hiding things from him, and It didn’t matter just how hot she looked in the dress…damn it. And then, as he felt the hug and the music play, he started the dance. One that she was quite skillful in following. It seemed only fitting, with her using her song in battle, she needed to have a good sense of rhythm. Haru was no master dancer, but his mother insisted he needed to be prepared for the more posh side of political games. Heh, he was sure she’d surely have something to say about this choice…though for once he wouldn’t need to bother explaining why he didn’t set his eyes on someone of noble blood…

As they danced alone within e bar, she seemed to open up slightly more, talking about her fear of small spaces? Claustrophobic? Perhaps…though she didn’t seem that distraught within the Obsidian Palace…then again she was in a healthier state back then…But as she noted herself, she was a medic. Yes, the explained how she would be able to mend herself…but how could a medic deal with helping patients if she apparently didn’t like to stay inside of the hospital. Even if she was mainly working in the field, it seemed…of. Then again she said she used to be…perhaps that was why she quit?

He couldn’t help but wonder just what was going through her mind as they danced, not strangers anymore, yet still barely knowing each other. As she spoke, he couldn’t help but feel more somber as he said “Heh…and here I am, the happy go lucky sand sculptor, thinking someone is being to optimistic. I’d really wish that was the case…Gods know I could use some time off. And Still…I can help but to worry just who was behind the cabal, what was their purpose in attacking us, and how could they do it so efficiently…Ehh, I can’t help but worry that this might be only the beginning…Though at least I can enjoy a little bit of peace now…” he mused as the music came to a halt. Trying to not look to flustered he gently grasped her hand and kissed it as he said “Thank you for the dance, as sudden as it could have been. I do hope you muffins can wait a little while longer?” he teased slightly, reminding himself of what she said earlier. He couldn’t help but wonder if it were an excuse to leave…sounded like a tasty one at least.
mft, Wc= 652

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
They continued to dance to the music. The vibrato of the strings and the hollow sweet melody of woodwinds rolled a tune that twisted and turned to an inherent and primal rhythm - music was if nothing else a universal language that could convey emotion without words shared. The continued their tête-à-tête in intimate proximity, she listened to the gentle beat of his heart that percussed at a steady pace. He was suspicious of her, perhaps he possessed a sixth sense of sorts as his mind considered any possible loopholes in her story. The sign of a man who had been hurt before perhaps, not that she would know either way. His words had yet to betray him or his inherent distrust.

“Heh…and here I am, the happy go lucky sand sculptor, thinking someone is being to optimistic. I’d really wish that was the case…Gods know I could use some time off. And Still…I can help but to worry just who was behind the cabal, what was their purpose in attacking us, and how could they do it so efficiently…Ehh, I can’t help but worry that this might be only the beginning…Though at least I can enjoy a little bit of peace now…”

Haru stated, making announcement of one of his fears. Shiori took in a deep breath, peace for now indeed. She intended to spark a war but she had forgotten in her anger and her indignant wrath that it was unlikely that the Cabal acted alone. They had no end game. Shouki seemed to want nothing more than to cause her pain to lure Sousuke. It was an effective tactic. Effective indeed. She did not want to have to reduce herself to such, to inflict onto someone else the same pain that was inflicted onto her to get the Kazekage's attention. Her face would likely be more than enough to set the man off into a rage. More than enough for her to get beat within an inch of her life once again, but this time he would be sent away for a time. Wounds heal, albeit slower than she would like with the limited souls she consumed. They did not taste like they used to. Indifference for what they were made them all the sweeter at one time, but much like vegetables they were a necessity. "I am sure they were nothing more than bandits and vandals," she replied as she attempted to give some false sense of security.

The music ended, they were the center of attention here. There was the rare, polite clap from some of the patrons and the occasional whispered aww heard as Harupia kissed her hand. “Thank you for the dance, as sudden as it could have been. I do hope you muffins can wait a little while longer?” She blushed and smiled, perhaps his heart did not hasten but hers did. This would be her last day as a free-woman. Her last chance to be happy, even if it was for a short time and in an unexpected place. She was conflicted, she needed to force Sousuke to make the first attack. She needed to make Sousuke out to be the villain and she needed to do it soon. Before he could organize. Before he could get his side of the story out. Perhaps some would understand her side if she took the time to explain it to them, but it was insane. Nobody would believe it. Not the truth that is.

"They can," Shiori affirmed as she looked at the gawking crowd. "But..." Dam this conflict. "Could we continue elsewhere. Anywhere, really." They were an object to be ogled here. It was public. It was normal. It actually supported her assertions that she was very much human, but it was perhaps maybe... a bit embarrassing. Did Ancients get embarrassed? Yes, it was an emotion that Ancients also shared. The spectrum of sentiment and feeling was no different between a human and an Ancient. They had the same needs for friendship and acceptance. They had the same desire for self-actualization. In so many ways they were not different at all. "Could I meet you up somewhere else? Get out of this," she pulled at her dress. She preferred dresses to pants entirely but all of the stitching and bead-work was gaudy even by her standards and it itched. She did not mean it in a let's go back to your place sort of way but it would be easy to see why it could be taken that way. Something that she just then realized as the color drained from her face. Not that she would be opposed to the concept... He was pretty cute. NO. BAD PLAN. BAD SHIORI. "I-I mean... meet up in an hour someplace?" She stammered.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru focused himself on the dance, trying to calm himself and led the dance well. He wasn’t quite sure what to think. Here he was, randomly dancing with a gorgeous red head, who also seemed to be shaken by the events of the last few weeks and was seeking respite…and yet he still wasn’t sure who she was. She changed her appearance completely, and as far as he could tell it was no Genjutsu. She was there with Shouki, claiming to be someone else, then waltzed into the fight…no pun intended…Why was he thinking that to himself anyway?!

After she spoke up, he looked at her with a raised brow saying “Heh, seems like you are quite the optimist… or pessimist if you consider the idea of a rag tag band of vandals almost crippling the village…ehh, we can at least hope we won’t be seeing anyone like that for a while" he said in a more upbeat tone. There was also one thing he knew. Shouki. The Daimyos son. The Daimyo was involved in this…so it was more than just a band of vandals. Of course that could also be a lie… but it seemed to line up in his head.

The attention they got as the music ended was… well, he didn’t mind it, though it seemed a bit odd. At least no one was asking them to leave for offending someone or something… She seemed to be enjoying herself, which was fine. She even offered to continue the meeting, though in another place. He could agree with that, as interesting as the tea was, he was getting a bit hungry… though for a split second he was wondering just what the red head before him had in mind, tugging on her dress and suggesting…getting out of it. He wasn’t sure if the fact that his face lit up red helped in draining her face of color. He could only imagine what any women would do if she knew what exactly he imagined…he had to give himself a mental slap on the face as well. Letting out a cough he quickly said “Erm…I do hope you don’t mind food from the Sietch? I know a pretty good spot… meet you at the center?” he offered with a soft smile, feeling his cheek grow a bit colder…he’d need at least a cold face wash still

Mft, Wc=396

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Awkwardness aside, this was exactly the opportunity that she needed. It seemed like a waste, this budding relationship. A part of her yearned for a time when she did not remember. A time where she would have actually applauded Sousuke because in this one particular situation he was right. There was previous mention of their - her and Harupia's pairing but she rejected the notion summarily. Her image of a potential 'mate' in her 'cousin's' eyes would have been prissier. That fact was still an unknown, but sometimes for a pretty package it is worthwhile.

“Erm…I do hope you don’t mind food from the Sietch? I know a pretty good spot… meet you at the center?”

She still had work to do, work to do and a date to keep. Such diametrically opposed tasks, but she was up for the challenge. She was tired of being alone and ignored. She replied with a smile, "two hours?" That should be plenty of time, she was not like most women in that she could get 'ready' for an event in less than ten minutes. She never understood what took most people so long, the spackle they put on their face or making their hair curl at some specific interval. Perhaps she was just lucky or blessed, or maybe it was because she took the best attributes she could find when she made this vessel. Regardless of the how and why or her relative lack of humanity, if she was fast she would be able to start something with Sousuke and either knock him down a few pegs or if she was on the losing side of that fray her absence would be quickly noted. She did not know that the house was going to blow-up nor did she know that she was going to be forced to detour by the ANBU Sennin. Ironically, she would actually make it to her follow-up date on time if they agreed. The slight scent of smoke in her hair and perhaps a pair of fashion glasses discarded to make the transition. Yes, she could do it.

She leaned in to kiss his flushed cheek before she would try hurry off. "Gotta go," she announced as she attempted to run off, somehow in heels.

[Attempted to Leave Topic]

OC: Attempting to catch us up to the time-line. Meet you in Seitch or wherever you want if you want to just run into her somewhere in between.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He wasn’t sure just what was happening. He was somewhat confused ever since he got here for the invitation, expecting something...well, else. Since every time he met the women so far it meant a fair bit of trouble for him as well. But this all went smooth...and while he still felt like she was hiding something, he couldn’t help but feel a certain allure towards her. And it wasn’t just physical...though it was a huge part of it, he did not kid himself. And he couldn’t help but feel like the fact she was so frightful and looking for comfort was something intended to lull his senses, sucker him in. As his mother tried to teach him, an alluring women could be more dangerous than even the most mighty opponent. And yet, in spite of all the things he went through, he couldn’t help but feel optimistic. Maybe she really was just shaken? Being in the wrong place at the wrong time several times, perhaps having reasons to hide her appearance as she did...he never really talked with Sousuke about her. He never really knew much about her existence...so now he found himself wanting to know more.. There was a lot of thoughts going through his mind, which went in even greater speed once he felt the kiss on his cheek, which was soon followed by her departure. By this point there was only one mostly coherent part of his mind. Two hours. Not that he wasn’t ready already... but he could use some time. Make sure they had a spot. And perhaps take a bit of a nice cold shower....yeah, sounds like an idea.
(Exit as well)

Mft, Wc= 275

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back