Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Meeting Hidden In The Feels (Private)

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A stack of books sat on the table before him, each one perused and discarded as state sponsored drivel. When would the other nations learn that the best way to suppress information was to simply make more of it available than anyone could ever need? By trying to hide it, they only made it that much more valuable and made people more likely to focus on it. You gave an oversaturation of it to people, mixing the things hidden with an abundance of the useless, and the people would never notice. Like sheep being led by the shepard, the flock would ignore the dangerous in favor of the safe. People were like that, refusing to look the truth in the face when they could shelter their poor minds in a comfortable lie.

Hoshikata was sitting in the Bibliotheca, having been here since the sun just broke the horizon. Locked doors meant nothing to him, and indeed when the staff came none paid him any attention. Maybe because he'd simply vanished from sight until others began coming in. He was trying to learn about the man he was to hunt down and kill, trying to see what he could tell of why the man did as he did. No one acted for no reason, even an insane man thought he was doing something when he did it. Enishi might well be insane, but his insanity was focused, or he would never have become the threat this place considered him. As black booted feet move silently across the carpet, the red robed Seer finds another book, a history of the Raikages. The golden man finds his seat, flipping through this one before putting it in the pile. It was obvious something was missing, entire years vanished from it. He gives a sigh, wondering how he is going to handle this one if he cannot find even a shred of information on the man.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I'm here to return the books I checked out yesterday, but um..." The librarian glanced up from his cataloging. He looked across the desk to a fragile looking woman. Pale as the ghostly rays of the moon and a messy crow's nest of black hair tousled in waves over her shoulders. She was quite beautiful, but quite sad in her gaze. The man gave her a kind smile, hoping it could somehow brighten her day just a little.

"
Did your selection not quite satisfy you? Are you looking for something else?" He stood up from his stool, ready to assist her in any way possible. She set the stack of intimidating books down on his desk. He studied her face a little longer before she spoke. Yes, the woman had definitely been in the facility yesterday during his shift. She had been much quieter with her perusal of their selection of books. He figured she must have been a mednin with all the medical texts she had walked out with.

"Yes. I was wondering if you had perhaps any records on Kaguya bloodlines within Lightning country? Any little information could help."

"
I will certainly check for you, miss" The round scholarly man sauntered, yes sauntered, out from behind his counter. He was already made a trip towards the genealogy section. She hesitated to follow, so she called out to him.

"Sir, I will be looking through the library to pick up a few more books. I will return to your desk before I leave to pick up whatever you find." He nodded with approval and turned a corner. She crept quietly across the distance of open tables into the aisles of books that climbed to the ceilings. Ladders periodically were placed against the shelves to reach higher sections. She weaved under the ladders, looking intently for certain works. She hated to be gone even this long. They told her it was unhealthy. She had a career to continue on with, but Haruka couldn't let go of her grief. She was maddened with a desire to understand. To fix what had occur. The constant thoughts haunted her, what if she could of prevented it? Would he waste forever on that bed? She couldn't watch his body grow older as the world around decayed into a new era that would never know his name. She did not want to live in that world.

Faithfully she visited every day. A constant annoyance to the staff of the hospital probably. She barked orders as if she was still a doctor, but this was Natsu. She felt a responsibility to care for him. Even he would of never gave her the courtesy. She was much more sentimental and weak than him. Perhaps she cared too much for him. But, it mattered not how much one argued with Haruka. She had to care for him until he woke up once again. He was the first to thaw her world. The first to touch her with warmth and love. Her first tears were shed because of him. So, the crow stood watch over the sleeping sennin. She washed him, she talked to him as if he might hear, and she stayed by his side. While they decided the fate of who would claim his title, she removed herself until needed.

With a few books in hand, she cleared an aisle. Finding herself in another opening of tables to research on, Haruka thought nothing of them at first. She was about to cross the way to search other sections when her feet stopped cold. In front of her, at a table all by his lonely was the figure of a man she thought to never see again. They collision had been a thousand years ago. And now they collided again. She said nothing as he looked up from his book. They caught each other's gaze as a cold chill drove up her spine.

MFT. 660

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
So far the books were of no use to him, pages upon pages of nothing. As the stack before him grows, his impatience with this institute does as well. A library was a place of learning, how could any learning be done when the very establishment meant to abolish ignorance and lies was itself taking part in the suppression of knowledge and honesty? With a sigh, he sets one book down and grabs another, skimming the pages swiftly until coming to a part that mentioned only that Enishi did a bad thing. There was no information here, nothing of use to anyone.

He would make it a note to speak to Shin when he could about this. It would do little good for the village to try to hide this information instead of making it available and letting people just ignore it. Buy hiding it, they made sure it would go noticed. They guaranteed that someone would want to find it and read it and spread it. You could not darken knowledge by snuffing the light, for a hundred candles would rise up in response. But for now, he was reading a book about some woman who died in her courtyard and wondering why it did not go into more detail.

Hoshikata holds back a sigh and looks up, mostly to give his eyes a rest from the stupidity, only to find Haruka standing near, staring at him. He sits still for a moment, book in hand, eyes on her. Their last moment was on the side of the mountain, a painful moment and yet an enlightening one. It was because of that moment he was here in this library trying to learn about the man Enishi that he could hunt him down. It was because of that moment that he was in this village, and not trying to undermine it. It was because of that moment that his cousin yet lived, instead of the table in that same office. Hoshikata closes the book, setting it down and rising from his chair.

Then he bows to her.

It was the first such thing in a very long time, but sure enough he bent his knee slightly and stooped down somewhat, a gentlemanly bow to the woman who opened his eyes. Hoshikata considered most mortals beneath him, but this one was due more respect than most, for she was the one to awaken him to the reality of himself. A bow, a simple action of courtesy, was not nearly enough repayment for what she gave him on that mountain road.

As he rises, his golden orbs lock to her own hazel eyes, and a smile comes over his features, but not a very strong one for he can note the disheveled state and the melancholy surrounding her like an aura. He longs to offer comfort, but knows he should not in the way his body tells him to. This time he listens instead to his mind. It told him to be careful, to be friendly, and above all to help her.

”Haruka. It is good to see you. Would you like to join me? Perhaps we can take a weight off your shoulders, and you appear to need a moment of peace.”

A chair slides back, one across the table from him. He had no idea what was wrong, but if he could help he certainly would. His eyes drop only momentarily from her own to see if she wore the necklace, before rising to her's once again. ”I'm sorry my charm could not prevent whatever pain has befallen you.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She bowed awkwardly in return to him. She gazed at him for moments longer. A still silence drawn out onto the air made the library seem like a frozen picture in a book. His words do not register as the Haku continues to stare with incredulous denial. She knew not whether to be filled with more grief, or relief to find solace in a friend, or indignancy that he was the one who still lived and spoke with her. The shattering rake of the chair across the floor crashes her consciousness back into the now. She was traipsing across a fragility of her mind. Haruka knew not if her limits could bare the possible jolts of emotional sparks that often flew between them. Nor did she know if her heart would condemn her for it. He seemed to offer himself only as a friend in the moment. Perhaps that's all that felt right after so many months had passed.

"Forgive me, I was not expecting you to be here. I thought you to be an apparition or a trick of the mind at first. Your letter..." Her gazed faltered towards the floor, "I thought you were after the Kingslayer." Still she stood away from him, afraid of what might happen. She did not trust herself. Subtle sounds in her head reminded her of who she was, and who he was not. Time had passed. She was much different. The island had burned her up into a fierce killer. The sway of a innocent man's body as he hung from the gallows. A young and fatherless boy crying, with nothing left on the inside but hatred. She had done that. Returning to his cold and sleeping body, maybe that was what she deserved in return. The karmic circle had come back to swallow her up.

She heard him once again. Her hand clutched lightly at the pendant he had created from her own fear. "It cannot, but I keep it as a reminder of how far I have come. That which I once feared, the blood that ran through my veins, is now my strength. Maybe one day, all else that ills my thoughts will become my strength too." The books she held rest against the surface of his table as she approaches. Reluctantly, Haruka takes the empty chair. Her eyes lay on the books, eager to read them when she is offered solitude once again. As they sat in silence, Haruka could not help but think of his letter. His whole scheme was a puzzle she could not understand. She wanted to unravel it all.

"Why are you doing this? What are you trying to prove by hunting down a man who may already be dead? You are doing a dog's work for Cloud. I know this is not for me. You are far too clever and strong for such foolish motives. But I swear to you, on my honor as a protector of Lightning country, if you think that you may worm your way into Cloud for any foul reason...If you dare corrupt the men that run this village, I will deal with you myself." She uttered the words with a low growl, steady eyes finally meeting his. Kumogakure was far too weak with all their losses now. "I want to believe in you. More than anyone. I truly do. But I will not play the fool and give you pardon of your ways in the past immediately. Forgive me, for being so blunt, but I must be careful now. Everything is so delicate. I must protect those that live on...For him. It is a promise. An oath that I have sworn. I cannot let our...relationship blind me." That beautiful and lively woman that told him anyone could change was not present. She was far gone now. Her steeled eyes and dark face showed her grief and indifference. Much had changed between them.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Her return of his bow was far from the graceful act he knew her capable of, and this alone causes Hoshikata's concern to grow. As she ignores his words and stares, it grows ever more. Something horrible has happened, he can tell. Something that has shattered her world. Much as when he learned the truth of his religion, the truth of his clan and their eternal torment at the hands of their god; something that caused the very fabric of her world to unravel. Such a thing was a powerful force, bringing the strongest minds low. It brought him to his knees when he learned it, nearly broke him into an insane idiot. Her mind was strong, but there was no mind so strong as to not reel from such a thing.

Her start at the chair, the tumbling words of her apology, spoke to her current state. Hoshikata's golden eyes soften as he takes a breath and almost walks to her, before noting her statue-like stance of not moving. She didn't trust him, then. Perhaps she thought this to be a game to him, simply something he was doing to sweep the entire village under his palm. So he speaks once more, watching the jerk of her hand to the diamond of compressed ice at her neck. Her words spoke of the strong mind he remembered, and now she comes nearer and sits. Hoshikata follows suit, looking across the table, a short distance that seemed to stretch to infinity to him.

Then she asks the questions, and utters a threat that makes him lean back in his chair and stare at her with narrowed eyes. This was indeed someone else. She spoke of not forgiving, of bringing his demise if need be. Gone were the words of change, of freedom from his cage. The silver-spun light of Luna receded into the shadows of whatever demons has taken hold of her soul. So be it, Sol would simply shine forth his golden radiance to show her the world once more. His poem was more true than he realized.

”You're right, almost. This is not just for you. It is not for the village. It is for me. This man is not like me, but he could have been. His ideals blinded him, his noble cause corrupted his ethics. I have had no such cause, I merely was what he was. If he lives, then he is a mirror of my own soul, of how I would be had things been different. I cannot let such a thing live when I have the power to stop it. Not after what you showed me. Perhaps, in saving your land from him, I can find my own redemption.” Hoshikata looks across the now vast expanse between them, a wooden field littered with parchment of history and stories of the past; a battlefield of words. ”I am doing this because it needs doing. I have lived my entire life for myself. I have killed people, kidnapped people, tortured and humiliated. All for my own personal gain. Only once before this have I ever done something for others, and not myself. I was the Mizukage then, and I was bringing Mist back to power after a fool nearly destroyed her. I had purpose, I had a goal.”

“Without those, I know I shall become that which I have been molded into. So I have given myself a purpose. And yes, part of my choice is because of you. You worried I would destroy everything you held dear. I will prove otherwise. I intend to breathe power into this village. I will do my best to protect it as I protected Kirigakure. I will not claim altruism as my motivation, for I am gaining as much for this as the village does. But what I gain cannot be measured in our world.”

His chair slides back as the Seer rises, stepping around the miniscule distance of oak between them and stands before her, looking down with those eyes that saw what no others could. ”If you ever feel the need to kill me for the good of the village, then you will do as you must. But I have no schemes behind my acts. I am not spinning a web of intrigue for your village. I am merely trying to help. I am looking for guidance. For redemption. I cannot undo the deeds I have done, but I can, I have changed. You showed me how. You taught me that it was possible.”

He falls to one knee, looking up at her now. His eyes were no longer the gentle eyes of compassion, but of concern as he reaches out to grip her hand. ”You would not be a fool, but neither are you a fool for disbelieving me. I must ask, Haruka, what has happened. When last we spoke, there was far more kindness in you. What shadow has taken hold of you.?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In truth, she did not want Hoshikata to be used by Kumogakure. He was not their's to command. Hoshikata always had some sort of plan though. He sought to use the village in another way. For his own devices. Nothing he did was selfless. But, wasn't that the same for every human being. Every single one of them a selfish vessel since birth. Haruka just hoped that he would not betray her trust. Who was she to turn a man away from redemption? She wished very much to redeem herself. Her hands were soaked in blood because of Roenesia. She sought a redemption for what she allowed to happen to Natsu. Those tiny, feeble hands shook with so much uncertainty.

Haruka, startled by his rise, merely fixed a cold stare at him from across the table. She remained firm in her chair, tensing up. For a brief moment, her eyes fell on the books that rested next to her. It was long enough for him to move around towards her. She heard the rustle of his clothing as he fell to his knee beside her. She stubbornly refused to look at him. The Haku flinched as the crash of warmth against her hand jolted her skin. The muscles of her jaw hardened as she clenched her teeth together. He was asking her to painfully recall everything. Say things out loud that she tried to force away everyday. The consideration of those nightmares that kept her awake at night. The thought crossed her mind to flash freeze the entire library, create a frozen statue of Hoshikata, and then run.

"You do not know me anymore, Isaki Hoshikata. That kindness is unnecessary. Almost a full year passed as I served in the harsh conditions of Roenesia. That was where I was heading last you saw me. A mission hand picked by my father. A mission he charged me with to break me. That kindness made me unnecessarily weak. It almost drove me into insanity. So, I cast off my concern in order to become the weapon I am needed to be. I cannot have affection for those I am not sworn to by oath. I must only care for the ones that I am charged with protecting. Until you are a shinobi for us, I cannot continue to care for you in the way I had." Haruka seemed so sure of herself. There lacked any emotion behind her gaze, as she lifted her face towards his. Her hand shied away from his, settling on her lap.

"I have failed everyone around me. I did not show Masao I had become the shinobi he would be proud of. I betrayed my family. My father has abandoned me for my insolence and my mother follows. I let those innocent Shu'ar people die by my hands. Not once did I ever protest against their unfair treatment. They weren't even people. To think that I let an entire race of people down. Most of all, I failed him. Do Natsu had fallen into a coma, and I can do nothing to help him. I promised to serve him faithfully, to see him become Raikage. He was so close. Then, I let him slip away. I could of prevented this. If I had stayed here in Cloud. If I had been at his side. I could of noticed the signs and prevented it. But now, he is gone. And I can't even serve in his stead. I am weak and stupid. The Raikage passed the title to a much younger girl, one who wasn't even Jounin yet. I burn with jealous and contempt for myself. I lost the man I loved and failed him. And he may never wake up. He will never know my love for him. My sacrifices." Love breeds sacrifices, sacrifices breeds hatred, and then you will know pain. She had forgotten to look to the future anymore and gazed only at the past. No simple words of encouragement were ever going to change the way she hated herself. She would not let anyone see her contempt. She would live and die as a loyal soldier of Kumogakure, no matter how much she hated it all. She had no one to blame but herself. Hoshikata was afforded this rare glimpse of her true feelings. The light of the sun often bathed the moon. He was the sun, the light that turned every corner of her darkest parts to the light.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Her hand is pulled from his own, her face grows hard and cold, her words like whips of fire across skin that leave welts and painful burns. And through it all Hoshikata kneels there, looking up at her as she speaks and confesses. He did not know of Masao being lost. She told him. He did not know of Natsu being lost. She told him. He knew nothing, but she told him and he cared not. Instead he listens to her words, and his eyes peer into her's, behind them into the soul that glowed there in the other realm. A strong soul, and not much changed from before, for souls rarely change to any great degree. She loved this Natsu, and the loss of him was wearing her down. She loved this Masao in a different way, and his loss was wearing her down. She hated what she'd done, and that, too, was wearing her down.

”You're not a weapon.” His words were soft but firm, his face set in stone as he speaks them. Her own father would do this to her? A man should not treat his child as a pawn, and yet such things happened all too often with the children of the upper class. Her life was set before she was even born, and in breaking free of that path she'd upset all of the plans this man laid. And so he was punishing her. It was too much.

”A weapon does not cry. A weapon does not love. A weapon has no friends, it has no allies. It exists only to kill. You are not a weapon. Do you think Masao would be happy to see you sitting here wallowing in your own doubt? Do you think Natsu would be happy to see you like this, acting as if you have no humanity to you? This seems more like what my cousin Kushin would want of someone, and you left his branch to become what you wanted, not to follow your father's plans.”

“So why, then, are you becoming the thing he wants? You could have done nothing for what occurred, you had orders to follow. To obey meant disaster, to fail to obey would turn you into someone you surely are not. Your father played a cruel game, and he is winning if you truly feel this way. You have no kindness in you? You have no weakness? I see weakness in your lack of emotions. I see a weakness in your self pity and doubt.”

He rises once more as he speaks, his robes settling around him and his eyes seeming to glow as the light hits them just right. ”You think not being human is strength? This village was built by people working together. It was built with love and kindness, not strength and hate. One who lacks compassion for others is not powerful, they are the weakest of all for they shall never have the aid of others. And no one, not you or I or even your god, can stand alone against reality. You create a void by trying, you weaken others, you weaken the village, and in turn you weaken yourself.”

“You wish to be able to protect your home? This is not the way. You wish to show Masao that you are a shinobi to take pride in? This is not the way. Just because he is dead does not mean he cannot see you. And what he would see right now would only bring his pity, not pride.”
Harsh words, but harsh words, he felt, were the only ones which would reach her right now. She was shutting the world out, and he knew from experience where that would lead, he knew without a doubt that she was balanced on the edge of an abyss. He would not let her fall.

”You wish to tell Natsu of your love? Then tell him. But I doubt the woman I see before me now, with a frozen heart of black, is someone he would return his love to. Natsu cared about the young woman who wanted to break free from her family's plans for her. He cared about the woman who would show empathy to those who needed it. He cared for the woman who wanted to make Masao proud. If you see her, let her know what has happened. But I don't see her sitting before me.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Every word sunk into her skin, deeply ingraining their warning. Every word brought forth a memory of a time not long ago. It hadn't even been a full year. But, she felt the weight of all that had passed. She had been broken, and remade, and rebroken, and reforged again and again. It was all so exhausting. When a bone breaks, it becomes stronger. She knew this from her early years studying medicine. But, when a human breaks, does it have the same effect? Or would she only become more wary of people as she aged. Everyone she touched left her. By choice or not, they never stayed. She was tired of it all. Haruka wanted to scream. She wanted to desperately clutch to the memory of those she had lost. There would only be more losses in the future though. And all that ever remained was a memory. Haruka then rose after he had said his piece.

"I would rather be a lonely weapon. I would rather die as a solitary warrior than let anyone touch my heart again. The academy and many of our sensei here always preach that we are tools. There is nothing wrong in that. This is the person I want to be. This is my choice. It is too late now to think about what kind of woman Natsu wants me to be. I am who I chose to be. Humans cannot change themselves into the person they should be just like that. I only grow with the experiences that fall into my lap. I do this not for my father, nor for Kushin, nor for your sake." She spat it out rather coldly, not taking to his words warmly. He was just an outsider who knew nothing. A man who claimed to be the sun, but he could not see everything for what it truly was. She did not feel sad in losing her needless kindness for strangers. She wanted to empower herself. To trust in only her own strength. She had clung to the scraps of those above her for too long.

Although she would fight and work everyday to bring Natsu back, Haruka would search for her own path. She loved him, and maybe he would wake up one day and not love the woman who stared back. She didn't need his affection, but only for him to know that she had strived to bring him back and set him in the place where he belonged. Their goodbye had been horrible and there were so many things left unsaid, but Haruka knew that in hindsight it didn't matter. She needed to look ahead. Although she was gloomy now, eventually she would find the swing of things again. The Haku knew what to be careful of now. "You may not agree with me, but this is inevitable. We do not think alike. I only hope that you can find your way, Hoshikata. I will find mine too in my own time. Perhaps someday we can serve side by side. But, I go my own way. I live and die for no one but Kumogakure." She picked up her books in a hurry. Giving him a bow, the darkly haired Shima headed for the check out desk.

[Topic Left, unless stopped]
[MFT.544]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
For all he spoke she did not hear, for all his words she would not listen. Hoshikata is rocked to his core by the venom in her words, by the fact that she seemed to truly want this. She said this was for her but he knew better. It was not for her better, it was for her to hide from the harsh world outside. She spoke of living only for the village, only as a defense to hide from herself. She was putting on a mask, something he was familiar with. She wore it not for necessary reasons, but instead to keep the world from seeing her pain. As sure as light, Hoshikata knows he must remove the mask to help her, and he similarly knows that doing so might well push her past the point of forgiving him.

Only a year before she spoke of the life she wanted for herself, of coming out from under the visage of his cousin in order to find her way. And now she spoke of how best to do anything but what she wanted. The cage did not vanish, it simply moved in so tight she could not see it. His eyes stare into her own, refusing to break that contact as she gets up to leave. He has little time to do what he needs. Succeed or fail, the risk of losing her was the same.

”You wish to see what tools look like?”

His words are soft, but they seem to carry with little trouble across the growing space between them. His chakra manipulation was subtle, for no sooner has she stepped out of the racks of books than she is in another land altogether. The sun above beats down with a heat unlike any which Cloud has ever had. A cool breeze comes from the south, over the lip of the crater which surrounds the entire village. A young boy, with platinum silver hair and bright gray eyes, is being led by an older man with similar features through the courtyard of the mansion in which she has appeared.

”But dad, I don't want to tell them that! I want a friend. You never let me have any friends. If I say that they won't like me anymore!”

CRACK

The sound of the older man's hand against the boy's face was louder than life, the boy himself sent sprawling onto the paved stones of the ground. The man stands over him, face red as he begins to speak in cold words. ”I don't care what you want. You're going to remind them of their place. You think you have any right to live for yourself? You belong to the clan. You belong to me. Now get up. If you don't I'll do worse than that.”

The boy rises slowly, wiping away his tears even as his father yells at him to stop crying like a baby. The world blurs as it flies past her, coming to a jolting stop inside of a classroom. The same boy, now barely into his teenage years, is sitting apart from the rest of the class. As the teacher tells him to demonstrate a jutsu, he rises and does so flawlessly, before taking his seat. The other students begin to mutter.

“Thinks he's so good. I wish I could show him.”
“Yea, he's just some snobby rich kid whose parents paid to put him here.”
“I heard he told Konjou that she was just a peasant and not worth his time.”
“He was just born with silver spoon in his mouth, my mom said. She told me he was too uppity for me to waste my time.”

The boy hears this, his face going blank. There were no tears now as he asked to go the restroom. Against her will, Haruka is brought along as he does. But once he steps into the room, he falls to his knees and begins to cry. “All I wanted....was a friend...”

Again her world flows around her. This time as it stops, the boy is again speaking to his father. The older man is pacing back and forth as the younger explains that his lunch was stolen from him at school.

”By who?”
“I don't know...”

Another slap as the older man stops pacing, staring down at the child.

”Don't lie to me boy. Who?”
“It was Sukoto.”
”And why didn't you punish him for it?”
“He needed it. His mom can't afford food for him, not while paying the fees for school.”
”Since when is that your problem? The world isn't fair, boy. You think you can give to everyone who is doing without? You didn't make his mom poor, and so help me if you ever give away something to another person again like that I will make sure you can't sit for a week. What did I tell you? Your classmates aren't like you. You're important. You're human. They're sheep, waiting on you to lead them. Do you hear me?”
“Yes sir...”

This time, as her world stops racing past her, she comes across the boy, now a young man, staring at two others and grinning. “I heard it myself. Sukoto said she took him into the janitor's closet and made his day.” The largest of the three boys growls and storms off into the door, the other two following. Inside, a frail, dirty child has become the target of assault by the larger one. After the beating was over, the smaller one is left lying on the floor, blood coming from his nose and lips, one eye swollen shut. The white haired child walks over and looks down, shaking his head.

“I told you last time Sukoto. You're just filth. If I catch you eying anything of mine again, I'll get Sendo to do much worse.”

He turns and the smile fades, a look of bitter sadness quickly flitting across his face before vanishing. As he steps out the door, everything fades. The world fades back in to reveal the same courtyard, a small form kneeling before the father from before.

”So, did you remember what I said? You made sure they learned who you really are? Good. And remember, you belong to the clan. Your mother and I will make sure you know how to serve the family. No worries there. But never let that foolishness about friends enter your head again. You're not alive for you. You're alive for us.”

The boy rises and turns, looking directly at Haruka for the first time. ”This is what a tool looks like.” As his words end, the man behind him becomes her father, strings coming from his hands to make the form dance, and the small boy has instead become her, doing all that he demands.

All goes black, and slowly the world returns, revealing that she was still in the library, and before her was Hoshikata, his face the blank one now. ”You think yourself a tool? Very well.” He holds his arms wide open, taking a deep breath. ”The one called Ishikawa Zaku is no more, by my hands. By the laws of your village, that means you must kill me. I will not stop you.” His golden eyes lock to her own, revealing nothing.

(Stopped Haruka from leaving)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His question reverberated down the core of her mind. Echoing across her being as she was swept up into an illusion. A mist clouded her eyes and dissipated across the library until it was no more. She stood at the edge of a memory. A memory he had created to show Haruka with mad desperation what it meant to be a tool. She looked across the void to see a young boy and his father. He was so different then, but Haruka knew that the child was Hoshikata. She only felt a sadness for him. He had been swept up by an evil and changed into something inhuman.

The memory advanced to show the life of an isolated boy used by his father and hated by his peers. She could not say her life was ever like that. They were truly different. Haruka had been treated as a princess by her parents. She was loved and cherished, but still kept controlled. Haruka couldn't say she ever hated her family as a child and even into her teenage years. They had given her so much. An education and a good career. It was only recently that her father had begun to change. He had begun to treat her like a bargaining chip for barter.

Hoshikata had become a monster, Haruka had just become a cage bird who did not know she could fly. But, he did not understand. It was a privilege to be a tool of Kumogakure. He was abused and mistreated. The wrong owner for the tool he had become. She did not fear she would lose herself in this new path. Haruka had realized she had lived her life for others. Since day one. By choosing this new life, to be a soldier of her home, she had made her own pledge. She would not claw at the backs of her superiors, nor would she cling to the skirts of friends. She would be the strength that they needed. She would never waiver. Weak emotion faltered, but the strength to be brave and courageous was an everlasting pillar of support. She would not give her kindness willingly. Nor would she trust in strangers ever again.

He had done nothing to convince her. A waste of showy display of his past, and not her's. He could not understand where she came from. The Haku clanswoman tensed as his voice spoke behind her, his form appearing behind her as the string of a puppet form and then fall away to reveal the world once again. She scowled with ferocity. Only growing more intense in her stare as he reveals the piece of information that would tip the village upside down. The piece of the puzzle that had been missing for so long, and Haruka wasn't even aware.

"Big and tough, aren't you? You've done nothing but hurt yourself, Hoshikata. You don't seem to understand what it means to be a tool for this village. It is an honor. You act like a god, but you do not truly understand humanity. I do not waiver in my resolve, but I will not kill you. I am sorely disappointed in you though. A part of me still hoped you could of been with us. At my side, when I needed you most. Alas, you've just reassured my feelings that I do not need to rely on anyone but myself." She turned her back, a dangerous decision but she knew him better. Her mind turned as she calculated her next steps. She had to be delicate. She had to be precise. And most of all, deceptive. "You can still help the village and set about righting your wrongs. I will not stop you. But, please, do not speak to me again until you have done so. I do not wish to be tricked and fooled with again." She knew if he was still this chaotic being who willingly hurt her comrades, she would have to put him down. However, she knew Hoshikata to be strong and she knew what battles to face alone and with help. To him, she only appeared forlorned and lonely. Nothing much different from her old self. She gave him a choice and then was gone.

[Topic Left]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His words did not have the desired effect, nor did the images shown to her. She spoke of a desire that she felt could never be, but in truth he did not wish to be at her side if she were the tool of another. No one else had ever seen the side of him that he showed to her in those visions, no one else had ever opened him up like this. She wanted to be a tool, not herself. His golden eyes take her in as she speaks, knuckles turning white as he clenches his fists to her back.

She was trying to play him. He knew this for he was the one to play others, he knew the value people put on words and the way to pick those which brought the desired effect. So why was he unable to do so to her? Was he simply too flustered, or was something inside of him holding back from trying to manipulate this woman? He wouldn't know.

So, he could not speak to her again until he had righted his wrongs. That was a tall order, for he had the lives of millions on his hands now, and that could never be put right. As Haruka leaves, Hoshikata stands there still, his arms falling to his sides as anger wells up inside of him. Not at her, but at himself and at her father. She was simply being manipulated like a marrionette, she didn't even notice such.

A book rises from the table, then others join it, closing and floating over to the librarian's desk for him to handle them. The Seer steps out of the library, his rage boiling as he raises a hand to the sky. Within a few moments the Staff would fly into it, speeding across the air like a bullet. He had a visit to make. First to Shin, for Haruka said that Enishi was most likely dead.

Then to her father.

(topic left)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back