Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The New Generation Has Cometh [Tutor]

Chiyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chiyoko remembered her first experience with Lady Yanshi. The head lady was a scary person. The day was suppose to be just Chiyoko learning from Lady Yanshi how to be a Byakko and what it meant to be a Byakko. Chiyoko may have learnt the basic sequence of a trainee of the Byakko's fearsome fighting style however the genuine feeling of being in the presence of one was a whole different scale. The child remembers feeling the hidden raw force of power behind Lady Yanshi's lax clothing and stance. It also housed a motherly aura, something Chiyoko felt was brand new. However she could not help but sometimes whether that was just one face of her. The girl remembers in her studies a phrase she keeps close to heart for she does not truly understand it.

'Every person has two masks. The first we show the world, the second our closest family and friends, and our face to ourselves.' Chiyoko recited in her head. Chiyoko understood the phrase fundamentally. It meant that a person's identity depends from person to person, how the social circle affects their attitude. Maybe to those outside her immediate family, Lady Yanshi was a strong figure as of expected of the head of the prominent bloodline. However maybe to her children she was a lax and caring person, as she sees right now. Perhaps it is just another expression on the first mask and that Chiyoko was seeing Lady Yanshi's teacher mask. Regardless of the mask Lady Yanshi possibly wears, there was a consistency. It was a fixed nature of Lady Yanshi Chiyoko had noticed. Lady Yanshi to Chiyoko was a very straightforward person, contrary to whoever wrote the letter that requested she visit the Byakko family head herself. When Chiyoko first met Lady Yanshi she expected someone who would treat her more sweetly, like an actual mother. Instead she got the hard stance with straight to the point questioning. The girl was not sure. Even she herself has her own mask, being of those seperate bloodlines.

To Chiyoko for now, the concern was the present. The girl listens to Lady Yanshi thank everyone for arriving and continued with the current situation of the village, and many questions hit Chiyoko at once. Why has there not been action to control the Red Light District more strictly or perhaps there was action but not enough to provide a shift in results. Was it that big a problem, or was the child undermining its severity and doubting the head of the Byakko. There was the over looming threat of those outside with shinobi from other countries outside the villages of the Four Kages, and those inside as well like those of the Red Light District and of course the environment. Chiyoko never thought the real world was that dangerous outside of the history of the village facing nature's unbridled fury, being a relatively jaded child. However they allowed her to be here, and Chiyoko does not wish to prove them wrong. The girl just had to suck up the reality and listen. The half-blood tugs her hood over her head reassuringly to herself.

A question that Lady Yanshi asks then hits Chiyoko. Why did she pleaded to try to be a kunoichi of the village? Why did she when she was merely four or five pleaded with servants to ask her caretaker to let her study in the academy. Chiyoko never left the Torano household, no further than a small zen garden and her own room where servants would fulfill her slightest whims. Everything was almost within arm's reach with snap of a finger or the ringing of a bell. There was no need for her to even try to raise a kunai in the name of the Sand, she could just remain a mysterious offspring of two clans at tension and her existence perhaps forever a mystery and nothing but a rumor to those outside her circle of reach, if they did not had her to meet the current teacher in the room. Quietly she takes a deep moment to reflect and think. Why? Chiyoko had a flash memory, a flicker of a moment she recalled at this exact moment. The girl stares at the table, before looking up with as much confidence as she could and raised her hands with a newfound enthusiasm.

"I... I want to learn more about who I really am... Being a ninja means I... I'll have people know I am there for the truth..." Chiyko then puts her hand down slowly, just as her confidence drains into that one soul driven sentence. The hood remains on, and good thing she is at the front or it would be embarrassing for her to let strangers see her flustered face. Whatever she said just now was a reflection of how she feels at the current moment. Chiyoko wanted to know who she really was. The girl recalled back to her conversation with Lady Yanshi. Where were her parents? Who are they? The Aikayume and Byakko had a friction between themselves that is hard to fix, especially now with the Aikayume named Azusa at the seat of the Toraono clan head. The girl does not know the true reason behind the tension, but it seems to be a rivalry akin to cats and dogs, but with ninja tools and chakra arts. For two lovers to spring forth a child, her father must had been a male Byakko while her mother an Aikayume. Neither race had a strong male standing, excluding Lord Kyuji who was Lady Yanshi's husband, taking his role as a representative in the on-going Tea Country competition. What was the man like Chiyoko never really learnt, but she felt rather excited to wonder how the husband of Lady Yanshi would be. They must have been quite compatible if the head had chosen a husband. Chiyoko's thoughts slowly trailed off towards what Kyuji was gonna be like before snapping back to reality.

OOC:
Late but eh. Word Count of 999 Post ... 3? of 5.

Natsume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsume's lips tightened into an annoyed pout as she realized that, not only was she being snubbed, but she was being entirely ignored with the teacher of this lesson refusing to even turn an ear in her direction when she spoke. She stood like that for a long moment; the entire time the woman was speaking, to be exact. It wasn't until she'd finished that Natsume finally let her features soften, swelling her chest with a deep breath before letting it all out in a long, relaxing sigh. Even as brash as she was she was aware that getting in a fight with her would-be teacher would be counterproductive to her own goals. There was a good chance as well that she'd simply continue to be ignored no matter how loud she became and she wasn't interested in starting anything physical in the middle of a classroom.

Given Natsume's position stood beside and slightly behind the teacher's desk rather than in a student's desk like everyone else, Chiyoko's expression of confidence draining away into something much less so wouldn't actually escape everyone's view. Natsume looked a bit quizzical for a moment as their eyes met, before realizing that the other girl must be shy. With that in mind, Natsume did her best to greet her with as warm and understanding a smile as she could muster brimming with her own indomitable brand of self-confidence. It also seemed that the silence following Chiyoko's admittance was the perfect time for her to speak up, assuming that was what they were supposed to be doing right now.

"I'm gonna become the greatest heroic ninja any village has ever or will ever see!" Natsume gloated proudly as she finally strode away from the teacher's desk to take a seat. She laid a gentle hand atop Chiyoko's hooded head, giving it a single pat before sliding into the seat right next to hers. "I'll be legendary and even if I ever die, tales of my amazing feats will be passed down through generations just from the sheer awe of my greatness! Everyone will know my name!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren would attempt to form a sensory link so she could speak to the teacher directly. “As one that graduated from the academy and made a name for herself, I know all too well of the daimyo’s hatred.” Hakuren would then transfer a memory to the teacher proving her point.
memory said:
Hakuren was picking up pieces of broken pottery she feel something wet drip onto her neck. Whatever it was it thicker than water. The cat who she was using as her eyes looks up to see a horrible sight. “Noooo! What kind of monster would do such a thing?” Tears streaming from Hakuren’s blindfold and a cat hanging from the hook. “Shiro!” The cat had white fur completely stained with blood. On the wall by the door were big read letters forming a message.

Were coming
For you

“I say come my dear hunters and I shall show you the true face of your prey.”

[ooc: note only the teacher see and hears any of this]
[TWC 1580]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
For a classroom filled with so many people, the amount of participation that was being displayed was quite disappointing and Lady Yanshi was not exactly the most impressed with these younger individuals. Now, there were various reasons for them likely not being as engaged as she was hoping, but she was not going to sulk around in front of them and allow them to know how she was truly feeling. Instead, she would continue to tutor the ones that seemed to want to participate and the others would just have to deal with the consequences of their actions when they decided to go home later with nothing to show for their time except possibly a well-rested body and mind after sleeping through the tutor session if they decided to sleep.

Two of the participants would speak and both clearly had to be related to the Aikayume Clan from their distinct ears on their heads. While being an Aikayume was not exactly the worst thing in the world, that clan had a certain ex-priestess that had caused the head of the Byakko Clan a lot of trouble and turmoil over the ears related to her significant other who had basically raised the kitsune from childhood to adulthood through various trainings and lessons. If the descendant of Byakko had not taken this troubling girl when she was fresh out of the Academy, she never would have gotten to where she was today as the head of the Toraono Clan and a participant in the World Martial Arts Tournament. Someday hopefully, she would actually thank her former sensei and friend for all that he had done for her to get her to this point in her life. That was highly unlikely, but it would have been the wise and right thing to do if she was not an egomaniac.

As they finished, a memory from someone afar would go into the leader of the Byakko Clan's mind showing a gruesome sight of a cat hanging from a hook and a message misspelled that stated that someone was coming for the one that shared the message. The link between the tutor's mind and the other individual's would seem to disconnect after that image as she looked over to the cat in the classroom and pondered if this feline had been a witness to that sight or not since it was highly likely that the one that had been controlling the feline had been the one who shared the image. It was quite possible, but without any concrete evidence, it was simply a theory and one that Lady Yanshi was not going to investigate until after this tutoring session.

Once she took a moment to gather her thoughts, she would look at the feline and then the two girls that shared Aikayume traits nodding at them all. It appeared she had found the ones to focus on for the tutoring session or at least for now. Clearing her throat, she would address them all: "All answers given were reasonable ones. I do not necessarily agree with them in their entirety, but it is a good starting point to develop into a shinobi and know exactly what you are fighting for and growing up to be. If you would not have a focus, you would be doing these Academy lessons and tutors for nothing more than to graduate and then try to find yourselves at a later date. Moving along, do you guys have a focus on what branch you are planning on joining once you become a Genin? Each one of them is valuable to the village and without individuals in all of them, we would be at a disadvantage when we would go to war. As a reminder, Chiyoko, tell me about the ANBU branch. Cat, please tell me about the Main Branch. Lastly, Aikayume girl who hurt herself coming in, please tell me about the Medic branch. I will elaborate as I need to after you each have spoken. As for everyone else, please do not hesitate to speak up if you have anything to add to their explanation as well."

As soon as she finished, she would wait and see what happened next.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Now the teacher was asking the cat a question directly. “Oh for the love of Mother Suna. THE CAT DOES NOT TALK WITHOUT ME POSSESSING IT!” The fact that Hakuren was in the classroom right above them, they might be able to her yelling though it would be muffled. Hakuren rubs her temples in frustration. “Good grief, I was just trying to have Goku learn something as I practice my own lectures.” Naturally the cat did not give the instructor an answer and she would likely not like Hakuren’s. Hakuren’s view on the main branch was not exactly a flattering one. To her it was a default branch; it was the branch you went down when you were not interested in the Anbu or Medical fields.

Uchiha Kouhei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
E
Once again Nobu returned to silence after his words, barely acknowledged by the rest of the classroom. He didn't particularly care. Once he would reach his goal, there would be no way left for them to ignore him. The teacher went on to explain the issues the village was facing both inside and out. Crime and war. According to what Nobu knew of the history books, that was about the usual for shinobi. In the current day they were all still pressing problems, but some part of the boy knew that they'd remain problems for generations to come. While hardly a philosopher on human nature, the boy was also too much of a pessimist to give the people of Sunagakure the benefit of the doubt on whether they'd eliminate conflict.

A grin spread across the boy's face when his teacher asked why he was there. Well, she didn't ask it to him personally, but in Nobu's eyes, only his own answer mattered. His plan was to take a little time to think it over and let the rest answer the question first. Of course, easier said than done, considering the combination of his bad attitude and big mouth. The first answer was fairly cryptic - the strange fox-cat girl muttered something about self-discovery and finding truth. To Nobu, those things weren't necessarily tied into being a ninja - as such, the answer struck him as strange.

Now, the second one... When the latecomer proudly proclaimed her reason for being a shinobi, to be the best, Nobu couldn't help but chuckle. Still, he wasn't quite certain about how to phrase his answer yet. In fact, he took so long to answer that the teacher slid right into her next question. As it wasn't particularly aimed at Nobu himself, he felt no need to answer right away, though he knew his answer to the second question already.

After a few more moments, he managed to form a response. "Ma'am, if I may, I've got my answer to the previous question I'd also like to give. Consider it an answer to you too, Aikayume girl, 'cause I feel bad for you." the boy added, pointing at Natsume. "You're going to have a hard time with that goal as long as I'm around, I'm afraid. You see..." Nobu stopped leaning his chair backwards, and instead casually rested his elbow on his desk, and his chin on his hand. "I'm going to be our village's best. That's not some goal, or a wish, or some other dreamy word. It's my fate. It's in my blood. Plain and simple." he replied, aiming the statement both towards Natsume and Lady Byakko. "There's no deep reason or other excuse for it. I'm here because I belong at the top. Others might dream of it, but I know I'll get there."

He was about to stop talking when he remembered the second question. "Oh, that's also why I'm sticking to the main branch. I'm neither going to hide behind a mask nor waste my time supporting those who can't support themselves. Others will be more suited for that. But me? Nah. Not me."

Nobu's face froze in its grinning expression when he heard the loud voice shouting from the next floor up. Something about voice's source possessing the cat. Normally, Nobu would've taken it in stride. Weird abilities were normal for shinobi. Possessing cats wasn't much of a surprise to the boy. No, it was the voice himself that got his attention - he knew that voice from one very unfortunate day at the bathhouse, where he accidentally walked into the women's bath instead of the men's. If that person was currently upstairs, and had been controlling the cat... Nobu was in real trouble.

[Posts: 4/5, WC: 622, TWC: 1750]
[MFT]

Natsume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Though the boy's words carried with them a sort of aggressive swagger that might have offended some as he attempted to shoot down Natsume's conviction to being the best by claiming that he'd surpass even her in the future to become the actual best, the fox-eared girl couldn't really take his words as anything more than a friendly challenge.

"I guess we'll just have to see what happens once we meet each other at the top, huh?" Natsume grinned, brimming with cheery excitement as she turned in her seat to face her newest rival. "You seem like you'd be pretty fun to fight."

Considering the words shouted from up above, muffled yet clear at least from where Natsume was sitting, Natsume decided to take it upon herself to answer for the mute cat that had healed her nose as well as formulating her own answer.

"To answer for Mr. Cat," she began as she spun back around in her seat to address their teacher, "the main branch of the village houses the majority of Suna's ninja. Rather than branching off into the Anbu or becoming a medic, one can choose to specialize in any number of things that don't incorporate their own field. Without the main branch Suna would be irreversibly crippled, both due to lack of flexibility as well as lack of manpower. And for my own answer, the medical branch exists to keep our village healthy and well both in the field as well as at home. They specialize in jutsu capable of healing most injuries and poisons as well as techniques that can disable an opponent's body all the way down to a cellular level. Our hospital wouldn't be much of anything to speak of if it weren't for the great medical ninja team we've got."

And at that, she glanced expectantly in Chiyoko's direction, signalling quite plainly that she'd spoken all she cared to on the subjects. It didn't seem like it on the surface, but Natsume was really pretty booksmart, though she may have laid it on a little thick in an attempt to seem smarter than she really was. Either way, she knew quite a lot about both the anbu and medic branches since she was already attempting to branch her realm of study out in both directions to absorb as much skill as she could. Most would say that she was stretching herself dangerously thin in her attempt to gain as much strength and knowledge as she could, but so far as Natsume was concerned she still wasn't doing nearly enough to improve her mind and body.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Another few moments would pass and much like the other moments before, most of the participants in the classroom were silent, choosing not to respond for one reason or another. It was rather interesting that so many people had initially decided to join this early morning session and yet, most of them were not really into it at all. It was a rather sad thing to see since these young children were the future of this village and if they were not heavily interested or involved in classroom discussions, one could only imagine what they would be like when they graduated, if they did, and were trying to protect their village from foreign and domestic threats. In any case, a few of them would decide to speak and give some rather brief answers in response to Lady Yanshi's questions after a rather loud noise above them from one seemed to be a feminine voice.

The commotion above could be investigated later, but it was better to continue with these children first. Once they were all finished, Lady Yanshi would nod from her position with a small, warm smile and simply say: "Good answers. Let me elaborate on the branches however so you all can make the right decision for yourself in the long run. The medical branch, which I am a part of, primarily focuses on recovery and healing techniques for the village. We are the shinobi that one goes to for their regular checkups and also to be patched up after they are involved in conflicts or battles typically against our adversaries. We are currently doing some background things that will provide a better experience and recovery for our patients in the long haul, but I cannot disclose that to the public at this time. Then, you have the ANBU branch which typically do gate duties, hunt down ex-shinobi from our village, and also are the more stealthy and shadowy figures of the village. They typically wear masks that resemble animals from what I can recall, but I never have been a part of them so I cannot fully give you any details on them. Lastly, you have the main branch which are the shinobi that focus on protecting the village first and foremost with their lives. Obviously, we all protect the village, but they are the ones that run off into battle to protect the village and many of them die in the process while others become heroes like our 9th Kazekage, the current Kazekage, Toraono Kuro, and so many more."

She would pause momentarily after speaking to look around the room once more. So many bright minded individuals that simply lacked interest in her lesson today, it appeared. It was a shame and it would be quite difficult to continue to tutor them if so few of them were going to participate. Sadly, it seemed that she would need to close the chapter on this lesson for today and would have to try again in the future with a smaller group of individuals who truly wanted to be there. With that, she would nod again and simply say as she began to walk to the back of the room: "We will end our tutor session with these thoughts. I hope to see all of you again in the future sometime and I wish you all a bright and enjoyable future as shinobi. Feel free to visit me at the Byakko Clan if you ever want some one on one tutoring or if you wish to learn more from me." As soon as she finished, she would wave at them and give a quick bow before departing the room.

Next time, things would be different and in a good way, she hoped!
OOC:
  • Tutor is complete.
  • For those who made the requirements, please make your exit post and I will let you know when Council okays the tutor rewards.
  • Topic left.

Natsume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsume listened intently to the woman's words as she compounded onto what Natsume herself had said already. Given that no one had really said anything better than what she'd offered up she felt rather proud of herself for standing up and speaking, though she wondered what must be going through Chiyoko's mind that had struck her entirely silent. She'd have spent more time feeling sorry for the other girl if it weren't for the fact that their teacher was using this opportunity to depart.

It felt as though a dozen different thoughts flooded her mind instantly as she realized what was happening, but her foremost thought was something like: I woke up early for that?! She immediately felt as though she'd been screwed out of a good morning's sleep. Where was the ninja-ing?! She hadn't learned anything awesome from that at all! She hadn't even learned any cool skills or information to take with her into the future!

Her tail bristled as she jumped up from her seat to chase after the woman that was supposed to be teaching her without any regard for herself or those around her. She planned to intercept the woman before she got too far and force her to teach her something cool. She wouldn't let it end like this!

Uchiha Kouhei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
E
The Aikayume girl had spunk, Nobu had to give her that. Maybe she would make a good challenge for him somewhere down the line, if she managed to keep up as well as she claimed she would. Maybe he'd take her up on the offer of a fight once he'd settled into his abilities and training for real. Right now, Nobu knew he was still a child, without any notable powers beyond the very baseline ability to control chakra that any Academy Student his age could manage.

Nobu tented his fingers in front of his face as he listened to Natsume's explanation of the main branch. Lady Byakko's words that followed indicated the lesson would end as fast as it started. Nobu didn't particularly mind, but he was a little disappointed Lady Byakko hadn't gone into subjects such as advanced jutsu and the bloodlines of Sunagakure. One day Nobu knew he would manifest one of the latter, and he was curious to learn more about what possible power his ancestry might provide him.

When Lady Byakko left and Natsume ran off, Nobu sighed and got up as well. Though he wanted to learn more from Lady Byakko as well, Nobu had very much recognized the voice from upstairs. Right now he felt a pressing need to leave the building and hide under his bed, as apparently the blind woman he'd accidentally bathed with not too long ago now knew his voice and probably his identity.

One thing was for sure; Nobu was never going to visit a public bathhouse again.

[Posts: 5/5, WC: 260, TWC: 2010]
[MFT]
[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back