Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Page of Eternity [Self Modded Team Mission - Kanmuri]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaen had never anticipated that this particular mission would lead him on a chase towards the borders, it'd been years since he last crossed it having only been a child with Kasen. It was rare that missions might take him this far away from the village, but not everything was cut and dry like some easier missions. In truth Kaen was eager to take up another mission, idle hands and all. Kasen was off doing another medical mission of sorts, Shiori was still nowhere to be found, even Akkuma seemed to drop off the face of the earth. And what better way to take his new apprentice out into the field, he was curious to see just how this kid handled himself.

The sprightly red head leaned up against one of the two standards that rose high above the Toraono Dojo as he waited for his apprentice to arrive. Pulling out a scroll from within his pockets and unraveling it to re-read its contents, Kaen exhaled. "First off, it's broad daylight. And secondly, if you intend to be sneaking around, make sure you use the camo jutsu you were supposed to be practicing." Kaen lectured Kanmuri as his stealthy attempt was a dud. "Come closer so we can read these notes, it's important you read the dossier before we head out." Kaen would motion the exposed Kanmuri over towards him.

Inside the scroll was a piece of parchment with strange symbols etched upon its surface, they rose just above the surface of the paper as if the words were not written in ink but simply sprung to life atop the pages. The fragment, a term given by the Oracles that brought about this mission, was from a tome of sorts called the 'Spellbook Arcanum'. The Oracles were very vague as to what exactly the book was, what it was for and the origins of such a mythical work of literature. Apparently the book gifted the user abilities akin to that of a trained shinobi, heightening their senses, unlocking internal potentials within these users. Apparently even the mundane humans that possessed no skill or chakra what so ever would be able to perform complicated ninjutsu with relative ease. This in itself sounded like a mission for the Main branch, initially. But scroll would go on to explain further that should the book be utilized by someone already trained in the shinobi arts or similar, the end results would be catastrophic.

The Oracles explained, in the scroll, that there was only a limited amount of attempts made at controlling the book before it was locked away in their vaults. The last test, their first shinobi trials, was a complete failure, unfortunately, as the test subject was a shinobi, another member of their order. When they attempted to use the book, he found himself with a plethora of new abilities, an influx of chakra and regenerative abilities on top of their own unique bloodline powers. But something went wrong during their trials and the individual appeared to overflow with energy before violently exploding. They believe the book to be sentient as the resulting energy from the explosion mysteriously was consumed by the faceted gem embedded on its cover. The Oracles had many theories as to the nature of this artifact, but their tests were limited and inconclusive. But there is on thing for sure, Suna cannot afford to have this artifact fall into the wrong hands, or any hands other than their own for that matter.

Kaen held the fragment of the book in front of him as he attempted to read the strange markings. "Apparently only with the book in hand can you decipher the strange text, essentially rendering this page useless. Or at least to the Oracles." This fact alone is the reason they allowed him to take it with him, which was fortunate because for whatever reason, the page emitted a strong chakra signature. This wasn't your typical signature you might pick up normally, like an article of clothing, or perhaps something of great personal value to a shinobi, no. This was much stronger, almost as if he was holding something more tangible and real, like a lock of hair. This made it invaluable and utterly essential that Kaen kept it so that he could track it using his skills as an Anbu. And so here he was, atop this marvel of ninja magic and ninja technology, the Dojo.

Suddenly a strange energy lightly pulsated off of and around the artifact, almost as if it was calling out to its long lost body, longing to be reunited, to be complete again. This truly was no ordinary piece of paper and that book was clearly more that meets the eye. Kaen stood at the precipice of the unknown where anything was possible. He and Kanmuri needed to get that book back at any cost, no matter how long it took. One might call it dedication or loyalty as the reasons that fueled Kaen's driving force to find the artifact, but in truth it was his curiosity and insatiable thirst for battle that caused him to take up this mission so readily. After all, it wasn't everyday you might get the chance to test your mettle against something so mystical and profound. "I hope you have everything you need, because we're not turning around. Masks on..." And with that Kaen threw himself off the top of the dojo towards the ground below. Making contact with the soft sand below, he took off at a fast pace towards infinity.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kanmuri looked at his ANBU scroll with serious eyes as he opened it for the first time. The last two weeks had been an extreme one for the nine year, but he was more than willingly to get used to it. If he was going to rise through the ranks like his father wanted him to, then every week would be the same as they’ve been for the last two--nothing but training, accomplishments, and recovering. The young prince would sigh as he saw what would appear. Some basic anbu gear...This is kind of tasteless. Kanmuri would think as he carried it and placed it down in a corner of his room in the Toraono Dojo. He’d pass by his sword resting on its stand and take a deep breath as he rubbed his chin. That’s not really not really efficient in stealth missions...Looks like, I’ll need to change it for the first time! The sword, which he dubbed Bloodthirsty Crown, glowed a deep blue as he infused some of his chakra into it and watched it morph its shape. The process would take about a minute before Kanmuri plopped himself along with the finished products on his bed. Wow...that was more tiring than I thought. I wonder if it’s because I’m not proficient in ninjutsu? Regardless, I can’t change this back today? The young boy would think as he looked at his new weapon for the day. His longsword has now been changed into two sharp, triangular and arrowhead-like metals that he could hold firmly in each hand. At the very bottom, in the crevice of each arrowhead, was a small hole that Kanmuri would smirk at upon seeing.

“Well, I need to start prepping everything now if I want to be ready before Kaen arrives.” The young boy would say as he walked to his dresser and brought out red thread. “This is going to be totally awesome!” He’d say as he went to work. Grabbing the roll of red thread, the excited child would begin to wrap it around his young and pale skin tightly. He’d repeat this process again for the next 10 minutes until he got the right amount of thread on his skin at the right pressure. With one arm done, he’d proceed to the next before he’d look into the mirror and be satisfied with the way his arms looked. Having finished both arms, Kanmuri would then put some of the thread through the tiny hole in both arrowheads and hold them firmly. To test their design. Kanmuri would throw the arrowhead before yanking his arm, and the string as a result, in order to pull the arrowhead back and catch it firmly. Seeing his work perform perfectly would cause a grin to appear on the child’s face as he quickly removed the knot on the thread in order to open his drawers and get out the attire he intended to wear.

He’d bring out two distinct article of clothing. White long pants with a hint of beige coupled with similarly colored desert robe, but he didn’t put them on immediately. The young boy would slowly walk back to his dresser to get the final components of his attire, white bandages. He’d remove his signature black shirt and begin wrapping his scarred body from the waist up. In order to make sure he was still flexible, the boy would do stretch his body and measure the tightness of it all. Snug, but flexible. Just what he needed.

With everything set up, Kanmuri would begin wrapping his neck in the bandages and look in the mirror. He had finished setting up for now as there was no need to wrap his face for his squad leader. The nine year old would close his eyes and take deep breaths as he thought Kaen will be here shortly...I’m nowhere near prepared for this mission--whatever it is… The child would clench his fist as his heart only began to race faster and faster. Two weeks ago he nearly killed for his AiT position and stayed bedridden for a few days before having to train for his Genin Exam the week after just to be bedridden again. Each time he used his power, it always ended the same, excruciating pain. He could feel it each time in his heart. Something was wrong. Something wasn’t right. It felt like each time he relied on the Shinigami’s power, he lost some part of him, and that scared the nine year old boy. However, Kanmuri didn’t think on it. He couldn’t. It’d only interfere with his state of mind and his performance. The nine year old would then close his eyes, take a deep breath, and say, “My name is Miroku Kanmuri, and I live for one purpose and one purpose only, to advance the goals of my father and clan.” Now with the conviction needed to take the first step into his future life of darkness, Kanmuri went to wait for his master’s arrival.

Having seen Kaen arrive, Kanmuri would quickly attempt to his his presence to observe the redheaded man who wore the same attire as he did during Kanmuri’s exam. Unfortunately, his stealth skills weren’t anything to applaud. Having been called out, there was no point in the young prince attempting to stealth any further, and the young prince made a mental note of observing Kaen stealth for future reference. Not wanting to waste time, Kanmuri quickly made his way over to his leader in order to take a look at the dossier with a greeting.

Inside of the scroll, the ink jumped off the page and came to life in order debrief the two on their mission. Once everything was explained the Kanmuri took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and lifted his head in order to restructure the mission in his head. So basically, there’s this book that powers up its wielder. For a normal person, their skills become equal to that of a well trained shinobi. If a shinobi were to get it, then they’d be serious trouble..but how wouldn’t someone have to be strong or skilled to get this in the first place? Kanmuri would think as he opened his vibrant, scarlet eyes. He’d have no time to think about it as a piece of paper Kaen held began to glow--leading them to their future destination. It was time for them to go and with that in mind, Kanmuri tied the bandages around his face--leaving only his eyes and nose visible--before following his master. A new page in Kanmuri’s book had now began.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A plume of golden yellow dust trailed off the pair of Sunagakurian shinobi as they dashed across a literal sea of sand towards their target. The sun attempting to pierce through the grains of sand, casting rays of dancing lights off into the distance. Even in its otherwise drab outer appearance, there is still beauty if you take the time the time to actually look. That's precisely what Kaen intended to do while he and his new apprentice danced across the sea of sand, get to know him. Sure in the past Kaen might have been a loose canon that cared for nothing other than himself, but that way of thinking was extremely narrow minded and served only to make his end goal that much more difficult. Powerful allies would be needed in the times to come, now was not the time to easily cast off others. No, now was the time for decisive action, not brash decisions fueled by the mind of a teen. Slowly but surely, Kaen was maturing into something more than just a loose canon looking for a fight, he was now looking something else...

Kanmuri's mic would crackle to life as Kaen keyed in and started speaking. "How ya doin back there kid?" Always with the kid, he has a name ya know. Though Kaen never really was the formal type, not unless it was required. But out here it was just him and Kanmuri. No sisters, no fathers, no sennin, or anyone else that might hold some sort of judgmental hold over them both. They had quite a while to go before a progressive chakra check was needed to course correct, might as well fill the void with some pleasant conversation, that and there was still the curious question of his heritage that stood out the most.

[OOC - MFT part 1 of 2]

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Dashing across the dunes of Sunagakure, Kanmuri tried to admire the beauty all around him. The bright, warm sun overhead made each golden grain of sand radiate beams of hope all around, but Kanmuri couldn’t see the beauty of it all. His usual bright, scarlet eyes were a dull red. Although his eyes didn’t really change color, they didn’t look the same. There was no joy or youth, even Kanmuri’s usual happy facade was nowhere to be seen. His dull eyes refused to acknowledge what as around him. He only had one thing in his mind. Revenge and power. He spent part of the previous week in a hospital bed due to his defeat in his Genin Exam. This mission wasn’t only for his goal of climbing through the ranks, it was for another reason, confidence. More than anything, Kanmuri needed an increase and confidence and the boy would do anything to achieve it--even if it meant getting an unnecessary kill.

With every dash he took across the sun-filled desert, the dark words of the Shinigami would haunt his mind “The power you harbor is not enough to kill anyone. You need more in your arsenal. You need more conviction. You need more evil in your heart.”<i></i>

Those words would continuously play over and over and over in the nine year old’s mind until the trance was broken by his ANBU leader.

"How ya doin back there kid?"

Kanmuri would blink after hearing the words. “Oh...uh...I’m fine...I guess. I mean…” The nine year old would sigh--only exhibiting his symptoms of scattered thoughts. He’d take a few deep breaths before getting himself under control and answering his leader.

“Kaen, I need to get stronger--as fast as possible. I can’t do anything as I am now. My hunger for more isn’t satiated. My heart is only getting blacker. My conviction grows with each day, and my arsenal of jutsu isn’t wide enough. I need more power. I need to stand at the top if I ever want to reach my goals…” Due to the young age of the boy, most people would consider him crazy or “before his time.” However, neither of these were really the case and anyone similar to the boy would know. What was driving him was hatred--hatred that only grew each as his thirsty for revenge went unquenched.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was painfully clear that something was weighing down the mind of the nearly mummified Kanmuri that followed close behind. Uncertainty in his voice gave way to more concerning insights, and something more close to home. This young boy reminded Kaen of his younger self, so eager to grow, such an insatiable hunger for power and knowledge of how to weld that power. Kaen did not let Kanmuri's words slow him down, however concerning they might have been. They were still in pursuit and there was no time to waste, so he pressed forward. A small lapse of silence seized the conversation, but Kaen broke the silence quickly. I'll let you in on a little secret... He started, sincerity in his voice. I think it might just be a part of growing up in a world like this. You come into this place and instantly are overwhelmed with the sheer weight of life and everything in it. Everything is far more powerful than you might think you could ever be. But size and experience aren't everything...

Kaen paused a moment, hurdling himself over some random debris sticking out of the ground. A very wise and important person in my life once told me something that would forever shape my life, she said to me; 'Little flame, if you only knew how powerful your thoughts are, you might never think a negative thought ever again'. I didn't really understand it at first, it actually wasn't until later in life that I fully realized what she meant. Kaen paused a moment as he recollected this unknown but influential person. A few seconds later Kaen would continue; "I'll save you the trouble of trial and error like I underwent myself. What I'm trying to say, what she tried to tell me so long ago; Confidence is the answer. Strength, courage, and confidence, it all stems from experience. Real experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. It allows you to come out the other side thinking; 'I lived through this. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

Kaen suddenly stopped, raising a hand to signal for Kanmuri to stop as well. They were short on time, but he needed Kanmuri to be ready for whatever might happen. Even if he managed to pull through in his exam, displays exceptional potential, he is still young and full of self doubt just as he was as a child. Kaen turned to Kanmuri, taking his mask off temporarily. He would reach into a bag and pull out a bottle of water, handing it to Kanmuri. Take it or leave it, he would continue as they took a short break. Listen Kanmuri, as long as you keep moving forward, never letting anything get in your way, you'll keep getting better. And as you get better, you gain more confidence. That alone is success. Food for thought..."

[OOC - MFT part 2 of 2]

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Silence overtook the pair as Kanmuri’s words deeply cut against the warm atmosphere. The young boy would take a gulp as he regretted speaking up. That was until he got a response. Not knowing what to expect, Kanmuri’s eyes opened wide and his heart dropped upon hearing Kaen mention a secret.

Then, Kaen spoke.

With every sentence Kaen said, an image and memory would flash in his mind.

“I think it might just be a part of growing up in a world like this.<i></i>

Images of dead, children with slabs of rock on their backs would be the first thing that came to mind. The dead were Kyoujoran who couldn’t withstand the training--majority of them were no more than five. Kanmuri learned his first life lesson from these experiences. The strong only survived in this world, the weak were culled.

“You come into this place and instantly are overwhelmed with the sheer weight of life and everything in it.”<i></i>

The gash on Kanmuri’s back would seemingly pulse in resonance with the words Kaen had just said. His first memory was a traumatic one, and it was the same memory that flashed in his head. Tied on a rock, Kanmuri could only struggle helplessly as the three Kyoujoran elders walked towards him with a dagger in hand. Forcefully, it was stabbed right beneath his neck and dragged diagonally down across his back. He could remember his pain, his screams and the anger that filled that air as his body went to work and tried its best to heal itself. Even with its unnatural regenerative abilities, Kanmuri’s body couldn’t heal that level of an injury fully, and that scar was left as a reminder of his hatred for those people--the Kyoujoran.

“Everything is far more powerful than you might think you could ever be. But size and experience aren't everything…”<i></i>

He was abused by the Kyoujoran, and his small and not much younger self didn’t stand a chance against them. He was too small both in stature and strength.

Kaen would pause to let his words sink in with his apprentice, but those words hit the young boy much more than he could’ve imagined. However, the lesson wasn’t done.

As a master should do, the hooden ANBU shared an adage that he was once told; thus continuing the cycle of mastership and apprenticeship.

“Little flame, if you only knew how powerful your thoughts are, you might never think a negative thought ever again”<i></i>

These were the words that Kaen’s supposed master told to him, words that went over his head when he was a young boy just like Kanmuri. It’d be those very words that would shake Kanmuri to his core, as the thoughts that were haunting him would repeat itself in his mind.

“The power you harbor is not enough to kill anyone. You need more in your arsenal. You need more conviction. You need more evil in your heart.”<i></i>

The young boy would gulp as he tried to understand the words of Kaen’s master, but his scattered mind couldn’t comprehend it, and his heart was foul with the stench of evil and hatred. He could, and never would, understand it. Not with his state of mind...and not with that heart.

Another pause would take hold of their conversation as they continued dashing towards their destination. Kaen would then continue by telling the boy that confidence was what he needed--and not the baseless kind. He needed confidence backed by experience and Kanmuri couldn’t agree more. The young demon was looking for a scapegoat that could boost his confidence, and who ever that scapegoat was would receive hell.

Suddenly seeing his leader stop would result in Kanmuri stopping as well. Kaen would remove his mask and in turn reveal his deep, almost burgundy colored, red hair. He’d then offer Kanmuri a bottle of water to which Kanmuri drank. The boy wasn't really thirsty given his ruthless training with the Kyoujoran which involved weighted treks through the desert with little to no forms of hydration, but he accepted he water nonetheless as it was “the right” thing to do. As his master shared his last words of wisdom, Kanmuri nodded in acknowledgment--his anger and conviction only stronger than before.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kanmuri remained silent throughout Kaen's heartfelt speech, but it wasn't a bad thing. Honestly what nine year old is going to have a response to something as heavy as that. It seemed that Kanmuri had his own personal demons, so to speak, and wasn't quite ready to open up. He couldn't blame him though, sharing such personal things leaves you feeling vulnerable and exposed, not something any aspiring Anbu member would ever really want. Perhaps in time he might learn more about this young boy, but for now they had more pressing matters to attend to.

Reaching into his pack again, Kaen pulled out the missing page from the artifact, holding up to eye level he would close his eyes and concentrate. A moment late his eyes would snap open. "We're close, he's stopped moving for some reason..." Kaen pulled his mask back over his head and pocketed the bottle of water. "Only a few more miles, it feels like. It bothers me that he suddenly stopped running. Anyway, let's get moving." Once they were moving again, Kaen would not let the silence overtake them and inquired further into Kanmuri's personal life. "Something I've been wondering since I first saw you, what exactly is the nature of your relationship with Miroku Akkuma?" It couldn't have been coincidence that this boy was placed into his care, surely Lord Akkuma had a part in this...

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
After taking a few sips, the icey water would give relief to the dry throat of the mummy looking boy. Although he wasn’t unnnaturally tired, it felt nice to take a break for a moment. However, Kanmuri’s eyes would slightly open in confusion as Kaen said that their target had unnaturally stopped moving. The young prince would close his eyes and think about the potential reasons for his opponent stopping. He needed to think of one and quickly if he wanted to show and prove his worth to the Sunan ANBU--a necessity in order to reach his goal.

“Worst case scenario, he knows that he’s being followed. Though, we should have the advantage since we have the element of surpise. Even if he knows he’s being followed, he shouldn’t know that there’s two on his trial.” Kanmuri would say to Kaen as they soon began to get moving again. Kanmuri didn’t know whether or not he got points for his critical thinking, but he decided no to press. Silence would slowly start to creep over the pair, but Kaen would send it away with a question that caused Kanmuri’s heart to skip a beat.

“...what exactly is the nature of your relationship with Miroku Akkuma?”

A long pause would follow as Kanmuri began to think in his head. ...I definitely told that I was his son, and I’ve learned that the Miroku are seen in a positive light in Suna. I could tell him a lie and brush it off, but...If this is a test of trust, then I’ll fail. Plus, the time it’s taking me to answer is suspicious enough. I’ll just have to be honest and hope for the best…

With a gulp and a deep breath, Kanmuri would reply, “My name is not just Kanmuri; it’s Miroku Kanmuri.” He’d pause to let the words sink in before continuing. [b]“The person you call Miroku Akkuma is my dad. He’s been busy as of late, so I’ve been taking care of myself for the time being.”[/b]

Although the execution was fine, Kanmuri’s heart was beating much faster than he’d like to admit, and the question he was going to ask next only increased his heart rate.

“...Why do you ask?”

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
After taking a few sips, the icey water would give relief to the dry throat of the mummy looking boy. Although he wasn’t unnnaturally tired, it felt nice to take a break for a moment. However, Kanmuri’s eyes would slightly open in confusion as Kaen said that their target had unnaturally stopped moving. The young prince would close his eyes and think about the potential reasons for his opponent stopping. He needed to think of one and quickly if he wanted to show and prove his worth to the Sunan ANBU--a necessity in order to reach his goal.

“Worst case scenario, he knows that he’s being followed. Though, we should have the advantage since we have the element of surpise. Even if he knows he’s being followed, he shouldn’t know that there’s two on his trial.” Kanmuri would say to Kaen as they soon began to get moving again. Kanmuri didn’t know whether or not he got points for his critical thinking, but he decided no to press. Silence would slowly start to creep over the pair, but Kaen would send it away with a question that caused Kanmuri’s heart to skip a beat.

“...what exactly is the nature of your relationship with Miroku Akkuma?”

A long pause would follow as Kanmuri began to think in his head. ...I definitely told that I was his son, and I’ve learned that the Miroku are seen in a positive light in Suna. I could tell him a lie and brush it off, but...If this is a test of trust, then I’ll fail. Plus, the time it’s taking me to answer is suspicious enough. I’ll just have to be honest and hope for the best…

With a gulp and a deep breath, Kanmuri would reply, “My name is not just Kanmuri; it’s Miroku Kanmuri.” He’d pause to let the words sink in before continuing. “The person you call Miroku Akkuma is my dad. He’s been busy as of late, so I’ve been taking care of myself for the time being.”

Although the execution was fine, Kanmuri’s heart was beating much faster than he’d like to admit, and the question he was going to ask next only increased his heart rate.

“...Why do you ask?”

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“Worst case scenario, he knows that he’s being followed. Though, we should have the advantage since we have the element of surpise. Even if he knows he’s being followed, he shouldn’t know that there’s two on his trial.” The young Miroku was clever, amazing that someone of such youth would come to such a conclusion. But Kaen feared he was correct, which didn't bode well for either of them. Kaen would reply before asking his question. "That's what I was thinking as well, we should tread carefully so as to not stumble into a trap. If he knows he's being followed, he may be keen enough to know how many as well, but let's not count our chickens before they hatch..." And then his question; “...what exactly is the nature of your relationship with Miroku Akkuma?”

Kanmuri took a great deal of time to respond, for good reason. Perhaps he found out about the secret mission he was tasked with, to hunt Akkuma down and bring him in for questioning. While that much was true, there was more he most likely didn't know, but Kaen would test the waters further to be sure of something. “My name is not just Kanmuri; it’s Miroku Kanmuri... The person you call Miroku Akkuma is my dad. He’s been busy as of late, so I’ve been taking care of myself for the time being.” Exactly as he assumed, the traits were so evident. And with a surname like that, it couldn't have been a coincidence... But fate does like to weave strange strings into the tapestry of fate, if you believe in that sort of thing.

“...Why do you ask?”

Kaen would in turn pause a moment as he thought long and hard about it, unsure if he should reveal the truth to the young Miroku. Now was not the time to cause a scene, he would need Kanmuri's help with capturing this thief, son or not, the apple didn't fall close to the tree in all respects. In appearance he was the spitting image of Akkuma, but in spirit and mind, there was very little evidence that he possessed the same sly, calm and tactical mind his father did. But Akkuma had many years to master such machiavellian ways, perhaps in time Kanmuri will rise to such astute heights. The boy was honest, and so too will Kaen. Following suit, he told him the truth; "I've been tasked by the sennin himself, given a list of names to investigate and bring in for questioning. Your father, Akkuma, is on that list..." And now the real test... "I'm sure you're not surprised, but that's not why I ask." Kaen's gaze was un-averted, headstrong and un-moving, focused on the goal in front of him. "When the time comes, where will you stand? Where does your loyalty lie, with your own flesh and blood, Akkuma. Or with the government of Sunagakure?

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I've been tasked by the sennin himself, given a list of names to investigate and bring in for questioning. Your father, Akkuma, is on that list..."

The words would hit Kanmuri like a dagger. The sennin?! Why is dad wanted by the sennin...just how much has he done? The boy’s scattered mind would only fall into disarray, but that was only the beginning. Kaen wasn’t done yet.

"I'm sure you're not surprised, but that's not why I ask. When the time comes, where will you stand? Where does your loyalty lie, with your own flesh and blood, Akkuma. Or with the government of Sunagakure?”</COLOR><i></i>

Kanmuri was only nine years old. His mind couldn’t take it. His heart pulsed in his throat blocking his voice--leaving the boy alone with his thoughts. <COLOR color="#FF00BF">Akkuma-Dad!- gave me a purpose. I’ll never leave his side no matter how bad his acts were, but I can’t tell Kaen that can I...He’s obviously a respected ANBU tasked by the Sennin himself to track him down. What’s the right answer?! What do I do?!

Silence overtook the pair and, in this case, silence was bad. The shinigami within Kanmuri had plans--plans that would not be ruined by the inadequacy of a nine year old boy. So it took over. The battle for control began.

The white haired boy would stop in his tracks as he placed his hand on his head and began to vigorously shake.

Shinigami, what are you doing?! Stop trying to control me! Kanmuri would yell in his mind.

“Don’t worry...Kanmuri-kun...I’m going to lend a helping hand.</GLOW><i></i> Deep in Kanmuri’s soul, the Shinigami replied; it’s skull stained with a mischievous smirk.

Kanmuri’s body stopped shaking. His hands dropped, and his body straightened. Had Kaen stopped, he’d see Kanmuri’s head shaking as if trying to clear his mind. Kanmuri’s eyes would then meet the eyes of his master and based on appearance alone, Kanmuri looked exactly the same, but the accomplished ANBU would soon notice that something was very awry. Kanmuri’s eyes were dead. They were cold. They were no longer human.

A deep, dark and chilling voice who split the air. If Kanmuri didn’t have prescence before...now there was no mistaking it. Everywhere around the boy felt like death, a palpable taste of fear filled the air. Before...Kaen had mentioned facing “fear” in the face. Now, Fear itself spoke through the boy. Would Kaen feel it? Would the experienced ANBU be able to handle it.

<GLOW glow="blue">“Kaen...I am a being that only lives for itself. The boy’s opinion is not of importance here, but rest assured his decision is already made. I will make this quick, as the boy’s conviction will soon overpower my control of his body. What beings like I...and Kanmuri-kun...yearn for is power, and we will pledge our allegiance to whatever can provide it to us. Whether our allegiance is to the Sunagakure government, Akkuma...or even you is completely dependent on what you guys have to offer. So now...Kaen...tell me. Do you think you’re strong enough?”

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Some people say silence holds nothing, empty and meaningless, but others, like Kaen, find answers in the silence. Kaen could feel the conflict within him, confusion and malice and darkness. Something had a firm grip on this boy, he just didn't know what quite yet. It took Kaen a few more strides to notice that Kanmuri had fallen behind, his chakra signature was wavering, like something was eating at it from the inside. Kaen skidded to a stop just over 20 yards away from his apprentice. "Everything ok, why did you stop?" Kaen's voice carried over the radio, but there was no reply. And then he saw it, the struggle. His hands were firmly clasped over his head, shaking and quivering with unnatural movements. Kaen sprinted towards Kanmuri, sure he had injured himself somehow, his internal suffering was so visible. Throwing his mask to the ground, Kaen slowed to a walk and then to a complete stop, he was only about 5 yards away, but he felt the change.

Kanmuri's body had stilled itself, relaxed completely it seemed. His arms hung loosely to his side and his posture corrected. He saw him shake his head as if clearing the thoughts from a confusing daze. And then their eyes met, locked into place. When you look into darkness, it looks back at you. The malevolence permeated the air, so thick you could almost feel it, tangible in your grasp. An overwhelming feeling of dread struck Kaen to the core, some greater, darker being had awoken inside his young apprentice and had assumed control. Kaen felt the fear rising within him, but he didnt know why. Kanmuri was just a boy, possessed or not. There was no reason he should be feeling like this. Kaen halted his progression, the strange feeling of death and despair slowly over taking him. But there was no time to shake it off, it was speaking...

“Kaen...I am a being that only lives for itself. The boy’s opinion is not of importance here, but rest assured his decision is already made. I will make this quick, as the boy’s conviction will soon overpower my control of his body. What beings like I...and Kanmuri-kun...yearn for is power, and we will pledge our allegiance to whatever can provide it to us. Whether our allegiance is to the Sunagakure government, Akkuma...or even you is completely dependent on what you guys have to offer. So now...Kaen...tell me. Do you think you’re strong enough?”

Everything was coming together now, the feeling he felt during the exam, it was this... this thing inside him. His analytical mind was searching for the how and the why, it seemed like the characteristics of a Jinchuuriki but something was off. It felt more than that, something more complicated than a simple lost spirit being shoved into a body. It spoke of power, an insatiable craving for strength on a level that would steer it and the boy in any direction that promised power. This was something they had in common, but surely the reasons were polar opposites. And then his final sentence, a singular question that struck Kaen at the very core...

This thing was playing with fire, fortunately Kaen needed this boy and Akkuma would surely have words if he were to eat his son. A sly and impish smile overtook his face, his eyes focusing with intent on the possessed boy. The fear was still there, for now, but Kaen pressed forward, somehow managing to laugh out loud. "AH HA HA HA HAAA! What do I have to offer, you ask?! Let me show you what REAL power is..." It would happen in an instant, surely this other being would immediately notice, Kaen always wondered if death felt fear...

[OOC - Using what's in the spoiler, targeting Kanmuri, sacrificing 'Demonic Aura', using Ninjutsu accuracy >8D ]
Sacrificial Rite<i></i> - A-Rank Ninjutsu
OBUepxu.png

Those who are not Chimera exist as only one thing of use to the Chimera in battle: a means to elevate the level of their own perfection. There is no better way, in their mind, to stomp down the boot of their own superiority on the head of their opponent than to remove their use of those techniques the Chimera considers most core and useful to one's being and using that energy to augment the Chimera's own. This technique may seem somewhat limited and expensive, and indeed it is, but it is also a potential game changer should the Chimera apply it at the correct time. The loss of their own innate talents, even temporarily, can indeed throw off the battle rhythm of even the most skilled ninja.

Information
Prerequisites: Chimera, A-Rank

Rank 1: The Chimera selects one target in battle and targets them at -2 for a check. If this check succeeds, a single random Passive, Activated Passive, Boost, or Modification to an ability on the victim's BL/CA is Sacrificed, disabling them for one full round. The Chimera gains that technique for the rest of the round. At the end of the round, the user may choose whether to discard the Sacrificed technique or have it replace one of the skills in their pool for Avatar of Divinity, if they possess it.
Mastered: The Chimera selects one target in battle and targets them at +0 for a check. If this check succeeds, a single random Passive, Activated Passive, Boost, Style, or Modification to an ability on the victim's BL/CA is Sacrificed, disabling them for one full round. The Chimera gains that technique for the rest of the round. At the end of the round, the user may choose whether to discard the Sacrificed technique or have it replace one of the skills in their pool for Avatar of Divinity, if they possess it.

Rank 1 Cost: 3 AP and 7% Max CP
Mastered Cost: 3 AP and 8% Max CP

Notes:
- This does not require handseals, and may use any accuracy type check the user desires.
- This technique is not considered to be any element Ninjutsu, regardless of if the user possesses techniques that modify what element techniques are, and cannot be used with Affinity Moves.
- If the user lacks the Ability a victim's Modification is based on, that Modification is excluded from the pool of potential Sacrificed skills.
- If the target is maintaining any BL/CA technique that is disabled when this technique succeeds upon them, that technique automatically fails.
- The victim is still capable of using other BL/CA techniques that would otherwise rely on the Sacrificed technique as a prerequisite.
- Cannot succeed more than once per round.
- Sacrificed techniques may be chosen for the user's Genetic Implant after the battle is over, provided they were not discarded.

As soon as he felt the power fading from his mind, his mind snapped out of the strange fear inducing haze. He had the power now and was ready to make a demonstration for this thing. Shiori, the Mother of Suna warned him not too, but in this instance Kaen felt it necessary to unmask his Ancient energy. It was subtle at first, but it expanded and compounded exponentially. Kaen's Ancient fury, his aura, his power... It was all released in a show of overwhelming presence. If their target didnt know he was being followed, he most certainly did now. There was no turning back now. With everything he had hidden away, Kaen let loose a inferno that was his Flame Court Aura, a fire so bright it overtook his body, darkening it in comparison to the light that radiated off of his body. Slowly he stepped closer to the possessed Kanmuri, methodical in his approach, he spoke with power behind him.

s-c99dd5b959a9f5ee4fd1e13eaa6cd91a5c60baff.gif

"I am Kaen Shinku, faithful servant of the Mother of Suna, wielder of the Flame of Homura, the one true Lord of the Flame Court. You are nothing more than a dead spirit clinging to life by means of this boy. Release him now, or succumb to the flames of oblivion." Kaen's voice roared across the sands, the sheer force of his aura was pushing the sand around them away, plumes of dust and sand violently swirling around them. Kaen did not want to hurt Kanmuri in the process of his impromptu exorcism, but his 'friend' found just the right words to push Kaen to the edge. He would never turn down a challenge, even against death itself...

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Deep inside his own soul, Kanmuri was watching the events play out like a video projection. His teacher began to walk closer, but would immediately stop in his tracks. With his mask off, the reason was unmistakable. Kanmuri’s Demonic Aura coupled with the sheer presence of the shinigami had gripped Kaen. The ANBU was afraid.

Disbelief would come over Kanmuri as saw the fear gripping his master. With a dropped jaw, he’d think ...So this is the power I habor within...A power that I haven’t mastered yet. A grin would overtake the face of the young prince as he continued thinking. One day, I’ll be able to produce these same results. One day, I will rule over all. The thoughts and display by the shinigami would give birth to an even wider grin on the young demon’s face; however, that grin would soon turn into confusion as the events continued to unfold.

Kaen had responded to the shinigami with a laugh--a hearty one at that--before announcing that he’d show true power. Hearing this, a smirk would appear on Kanmuri’s controlled body, and the shinigami would reply, “Oh?”

At first, Kanmuri’s Demonic Aura had been shut off, but that wasn’t all that Kaen had in store...not even close.

It started off subtle--that feeling of being outclassed, overpowered, and a sense of overawement. However, that subtle feeling was all the shinigami would need. Kanmuri’s eyes--both in his soul and on the outside--would open wide in surprise and astonishment. Kanmuri could feel the fear that the Shinigami was feeling from within his soul, and would ask himself Why...How...is a shinigami feeling fear?!

Little did Kanmuri know, he would soon have the answer to his question.

As Kaen released his overwhelming power, the dunes nearby would dissipate and shinigami would fight for footing on the grains of sand, but the power only got more immense and out of control. What Kanmuri harbored was a shinigami, a god of death, but what Kaen harbored was an ancient, a god of all.

Upon realizing this, all the shinigami could utter was solemn, “Oh...oh dear…<i></i>

The heat Kaen was emitting and the mere presence of him was something that was felt even in the recesses of Kanmuri’s soul. Kanmuri knew he wasn’t human, but it became evident that Kaen wasn’t either...and it was to a much larger degree. Just what is this guy?! Kanmuri would think in awe and fear. The nine year old couldn’t believe his eyes; it was as if Kaen was a god among men, a god that he wanted to become.

It had gotten to a point where Kaen was a walking shadow, surrounded by light. No...he was not to be seen with mortal eyes. Kanmuri would not be able to see him, not until he reached the same stage as Kaen. The once normal ANBU was now a radiating body of power, and his first step towards the direction of Kanmuri’s shinigami possessed body would cause the Shinigami to instinctively step back in fear. Then, Kaen roared--a roar that seemed to shake every grain of sand in the proximity.

“I am Kaen Shinku, faithful servant of the Mother of Suna, wielder of the Flame of Homura, the one true Lord of the Flame Court. You are nothing more than dead spirit clinging to life by means of this boy. Release him now, or succumb to the flames of oblivion.”</COLOR><i></i>

The eye’s of Kanmuri’s possessed body would shake in fear as the shinigami would respond in a voice mixed with fear and surprise. “Ho-HOMURA?!”<i></i>

With that, the projection would go black, and Kanmuri would find himself on his hands and knees. <COLOR color="#FF00BF">Homura...I’ve heard that name before. Kanmuri would think as he racked his brains for an answer--an answer that would turn his head in astonishment.

“Kaen…” Kanmuri was back in control--evident by his prepubescent voice. “Are you an Ancient?”

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“Are you an Ancient?”

It was rather odd, strange even, to hear it said aloud. Almost as if some form or feeling of validity came from this question. But he had been keeping it a secret for so long, even from his own sister, that he at times forgot what he was. Or at least until moments like these came around and his genes flared to life and overwhelmed his senses with adrenaline as his body instinctively prepared for a fight. It was as if his body was on auto pilot, some Ancient ingrained version of a flight or fight response. But there was never any feeling of flight...

Thankfully none of this was new news to him and had learned to cope and better control the impulses. Perhaps it was his human aspects that curbed the fiery spirit within him, perhaps it was maturity finally sinking in that you can't just go around breaking everything and everyone in sight. Perhaps somehow his body just knew that it was better to stay his hand and live to continue with his legacy rather then throw it all away on a whim. Whatever the case, Kaen would not be consuming Kanmuri's soul this day.

Kaen would retract his fiery essence and conceal his linage once again. He would have already arrived near Kanmuri and gave a closed eye smile, revealing his strange, sharpened teeth. At the same time he would place a single hand upon Kanmuri's young shoulders. "Yes, Kanmuri, I am. You needn't worry about your father. I'm sure with his work, coupled with my assistance and... contributions, we will do wondrous things. You and I share a common goal, with me as your master, and Akkuma as your father... I shall envy you the day you surpass us both. But I'm afraid power comes in response to a need, not simple yearning. It's up to you to find the reason, we all have our reasons for the things we do, the things we sacrifice along the way..." Kaen had begun to trail off a bit, his gaze slowly slipping into a thousand-yard-stare. If anything was to be taken away from this, it was that it was clear that even though he had been ordered to bring Akkuma in, Kaen had made his own choice about it all. Perhaps he would bring him in for questioning, but it wouldn't be because those were his orders. The board was set, the pieces are moving.

Kaen would snap himself awake from his deep, almost concerning thoughts. Blinking the haze away he would refocus his attentions to the mission at hand. Removing his hand from Kanmuri he would pull out the artifact and concentrate. "But for now we have more pressing concerns. The thief has remained unchanged, I believe they are waiting for us to make the first move. It's very likely he is preparing for an assualt. And with the power of the book, well let's just say we're in for a good time." A sly smile spread across his face once more as the thought of battle excited and enticed his fiery spirit. "Are you ready, Kanmuri, my faithful apprentice?" Kaen's eyes made contact with Kanmuri's, a sense of acceptance and reassurance could be seen in his eyes. Surely he would now know that Kaen was an ally, not only to him, but to his father as well.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
At first, there was no response. The sound of wind rushing past his ears and the god the stood in front of him was all that the nine year old boy could hear--save for his heart that was pounding against his chest. It was almost as if Kanmuri’s organs recognized the magnitude of Kaen’s presence and looked for a means of escape; however, the intensity that filled the air and desert sand beneath his feet and hands would slowly evaporate until eventually, the world felt normal again. With his heartbeat stabilized and his chest no longer heavy, Kanmuri would hear the words of his master, the words of confirmation.

"Yes, Kanmuri, I am. You needn't worry about your father. I'm sure with his work, coupled with my assistance and... contributions, we will do wondrous things. You and I share a common goal, with me as your master, and Akkuma as your father... I shall envy you the day you surpass us both. But I'm afraid power comes in response to a need, not simple yearning. It's up to you to find the reason, we all have our reasons for the things we do, the things we sacrifice along the way..."</COLOR><i></i>

<COLOR color="#FF00BF">...So he is an ancient, but...how? Why? What even- Kanmuri’s thoughts would then be interrupted by his own primal, selfish, and most prioritizing thought. How did he obtain this power?

The demonic enzymes in the young demon’s body would then rush and a euphoric buzz would begin to overtake the nine year old’s body. Kaen had mentioned that his potential of greatness was astounding-enviable by a god! The boy was overjoyed--madly grinning--by the words of his mentor. He had everything he needed. A strong father and a god as a mentor. All that remained was for the young boy to play his part. He needed to grow in both wisdom and power; however, his master would make it clear that the latter wouldn’t be as easy. Power wasn’t something that could be willed. Power came from necessity--something Kanmuri was unsure he had.

The scarlet eyed boy would begin to stand and dust the sand off of himself as he thought. What does he mean by “power comes in response to a need?” How can I provoke that “need” into my life… Before, Kanmuri could begin to dwell on his thoughts, Kaen would begin to speak again. The time for fooling around was over. They had gotten off course, but the mission was still on. They had a “fun time” waiting for the two of them, according to the experienced ANBU, so Kanmuri shook his head with the intent of clearing it and responded to his master’s question with a mad grin.

“Let’s go have some fun, Master Kaen!”

Kaen would more than likely realize that this was the first time the boy had formally recognized him as his master. There was no need for any words to be spoken for the underlying message to be delivered. Kanmuri had accepted Kaen; in addition to this; they were on the same side. The book of the journeys together would start right then and there. It was game time.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With the most interesting turn of events behind them and concluded, Kaen retrieved his mask and placed it firmly back into place upon his face. Their thief had stopped running which meant their mission should be wrapping up soon, or at least that's what it would appear like to the untrained individual. It was most likely that the thief knew they were coming and was preparing for their arrival. Nobody can run forever, least of all from trained shinobi. Might well face them head on, just the way Kaen liked it. And so both he and Kanmuri set off across the glistening sands towards their goal.

As the dynamic duo sped across the desert, they eventually crested over a rather large dune. Once they reached the peak they would see a grand visage of metal, rust and void. A rundown and abandoned factory lay before them, and just as Kaen predicted, standing atop the factory was a figure appearing as if he was waiting for someone, them... Kaen stopped suddenly and laid down on the desert floor to further conceal his body and examined the target from afar. His chakra signature was unstable and erratic, as if he was reaching the limits of his power and slowly tapping into his life force. Just what the hell was he up to? And then he felt it, upon closer inspection and careful observation, a swarm of alien looking creatures buzzed around him and the building. "Well shit... This isn't good. It would appear that he's amassed a small army of his own, I've never seen anything like it before. It looks like he could be one of those freaky bug users, but they seem... different somehow, almost artificial." Turning to look at Kanmuri, he would continue; "Alright Kanmuri, we have one target, surrounded by god knows how many of those things. I have some ideas on a plan of action, but I would like to hear your opinions about it. We are obviously walking into a trap. The Oracles would prefer the book intact and the anbu would prefer the man alive. How do we ensure that both of these conditions are met?" This was Kanmuri's first test, to see just how apt his mind was in the heat of the moment. He didnt expect something spectacular, but he wanted to know that he wasn't just going to be taking a back seat in all this, and he wanted to ensure he felt included and was contributing to the mission.

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kanmuri had a rough upbringing. This young boy was tortured for around five years of his nine year old life. The name he bore was derogatory representation of what the Kyoujoran thought of him. In addition, every night he was in the hands of the Kyoujoran, he wanted to die. One would think that Kanmuri would be well beyond his age due to these experiences, and that thought would be correct. However, Kanmuri was only nine. He was still a child, and unfortunately, he was still learning about the world.

As Kaen put on his mask and darted towards their destination, Kanmuri enthusiastically followed. Underneath his bandaged faces was a mad, sharp grin. Kanmuri’s scarlet eyes sparkled with excitement as both his heart and demonic enzymes pumped through his body.

I’m ready for anything! Come at me world, I’ll take down anything you throw my way. Bring on the obstacles. Give me everything you’ve got! Grant me my need for power.

The thoughts of Kanmuri were nothing short of confidence and excitement. He couldn’t help himself after hearing praise and adoration from a god. Kanmuri had achieved a new goal on this mission--along with a new master. He needed to not only make his father proud, but he also needed to exceed the expectations of the god in front of him. Kanmuri was ready for greatness--one stride at a time.

After a small amount of time, Kanmuri would here a buzzing progressively increase.

bbbzzzzz...

</B>
BBBBzzzzzzzzz…​
<i>
</i>
<B>BBBBBBZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!

What...in the world- The sight...and source... of the new noise would cause Kanmuri’s eyes to bulge as he mouth noticeable dropped under the bandages. Their target--the man they were tasked with taking down--was surrounded by bugs.

Kanmuri hated bugs.

Especially ones that flew.

One of the creatures would fly around Kanmuri’s ears causing the nine year old to recklessly swat around his head in fury, which would result in the white haired boy to trip over his bandages and fall head first in the soft desert sand.

The words of Kaen would be registered, albeit slowly, by Kanmuri as he tried to find the words to respond. Returning to his feet, Kanmuri would say, “Uhhh…um..”

Despite how much Kanmuri wanted to focus, He couldn’t. There was no way he was going to deal with those bugs. However, an important lesson from his father came to mind. One that would allow him to come up with a semi-decent plan at least.

“I learned a lesson from my dad. ‘Whenever I’m under stress and need a plan, stay simple.’ I can’t deal with bugs, so I’m gonna handle that guy. I’ll make him fall to his knees in excruciating pain. I’ll make him regret using bugs.” Kanmuri would crack his knuckles as he talked, but he couldn’t stop himself from shivering as he said “bugs”.

It seemed like life had responded to the young boy’s wishes. Here was an irritating, skin crawling obstacle that he’d have to overcome.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Just as with any other important and delicate mission, this too had many factors 'buzzing' around. "Hmm..." Kaen thought for a moment, weighing Kanmuri's insight. These strange insects were everywhere, and yet the target didn't move from atop the large factory building. So either these things were merely just some creepy bug like creation and fed him no extra information what so ever, or he is being coy and is simply waiting for them to make their first move. There was also the issue regarding the individual's power level. Kaen couldn't sense much from him, but perhaps his senses were being interfered with by the sheer mass of extra synthetic life forms buzzing around, or perhaps this was another special perk from wielding the book. Either way, time was running short and Kaen needed to make a decision.

"Very well, you can take the mystery thief and I'll start culling these bugs. I don't know what's going to happen once they start being attacked, hopefully they just ignore you and come after me. Keep your headset on in case something changes." Kaen stood up and took a deep breath. Turning to Kanmuri, his brow furrowed. It was time to get serious. 'I'll draw their attention, you sneak around and find a way inside or over the building. Go now!" Kaen's hands sped into action, quickly whipping through a series of hand seals, a beam of unstable energy formed within his grasp, taking the form of some fiery blade. [Plasma Blade] And then with a single hand he would lift it making a sign, an instant later three more Kaen's poofed into existence. [Elemental Clone] Each of which was already preparing their assualt, creating orbs of fire within each of their palms. "See you up top, don't get killed. That's an order." And with that, Kaen sprung into action with his clones. Racing across the sands the bugs would start to fall, burning to a crisp entirely. They had no way in knowing what these things were made of and what they were capable of. When in doubt, kill with fire right?

[OOC - MFT - Short post is short, I'm sorry. The next one will be better, I promise]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Meanwhile, on the roof of the abandoned factory...

The low thrum of creepy, mysterious bugs was heavy upon the air waves, filling your ears nearly to the point of madness. They were more concentrated up here seeing as how their origin caster was up here as well, they would be the strongest up here. Between the rapid flapping of a plethora of wings, a faint voice could be heard speaking, or was it arguing? It was really hard to tell. But it mattered not as there was nobody around to hear him with the exception of his winged creations. So exactly who was he talking to...

"Preparations are nearly complete, we have your prey in our sights, it won't b-- No, of course not, I... Yes, I understand. Your will shall be done..." It would appear that both Kaen and Kanmuri were indeed walking into a trap, the only question now is whether or not they have the power and tactics to take this guy and his bug army. In truth they probably would have no problems, but there still remained the book and its unknown abilities. Only time would tell.

Suddenly the buzzing insects thrashed to new life, something had stirred the hive. "What is it my precious little monsters? Have they finally decided to come and play? Perfect, fly my pretties, FLY!!!" All at once, every flying creation buzzed away into the battlefield below where Kaen and his clones were flourishing about wielding ferocious flaming powers. "What's that? Mmm, yes, I can sense it too. That one will be a perfect vessel for you, no doubt he's sent us the boy. I... Oh... Yes that's an excellent idea." With his pets busy below, the mysterious hooded figure starting carving symbols into the ground around him, murmuring nonsensical words to himself quietly.

[OOC found some more time to add some supplemental stuffz, sorry again lol]

Kanmuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Not wasting time, Kanmuri would skate over the sand and grip his triangular blades--ready to cut down any insects that dared to step in his way. Using his small, lean frame, the nine year old swung and spun across the metal obstructions before propelling himself up the side of the metal building that his prey stood upon. The sound of wind flooded the ears of the young boy, and the bandages of his uniform would flap in the wind beside him as he landed on the rooftop of the man he was tasked with bringing down.

With his victim in sight, the young boy’s face would contort to that of a wild animal’s. His eyes opened wide and his scarlet colored irises would make room for the spreading darkness that began to crawl over his eye. He would bare his sharp canines as a mad grin overtook his face. The young demon’s body began to visibly tremble as the demonic enzymes within the boy began to flood his bloodstreams. His veins pushed to the top of his skins and no longer able to control his bloodlust, Kanmuri’s demonic aura burst throughout the entire vicinity causing the immediate area to become heavy and metallic [Kanmuri’s Demonic Aura is used]. There was a palpable taste of fear in the air, and it was more than obvious. Although what stood before the man was the body of a nine year old boy, Kanmuri was no ordinary boy. Kanmuri wasn’t human.

The demonic enzymes running throughout the blood of the boy was similar to that of adrenaline in the sense that it heightened Kanmuri’s senses and allowed him to push his limits, but it was much stronger. Very much so. Kanmuri’s speed more than doubled as he instantly covered the distance between him and the hooded man before disappearing [Kanmuri uses visual Genjutsu Invisibility [Mastered]]. Unknown to the hooded man, the young animal ready to mutilate each and every part of him if he was unable to respond. [Kanmuri prepares to use Higuma [Mastered]].

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back