Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Tides of Time. [Private /pm to join]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The tides of times have affected Kouin quite weirdly as of late. Given conscription into Kumogakure, given Sennin of the Anbu Branch... Things were moving very quickly, but luckily that was something he was good at. Time usually always favoring the fortunate, but was this really a favor, or just another nail in his coffin? Sigh The inner turmoil of his own mind was troublesome... On one hand he was quite thankful for his position; he was given a second chance at life when he had no business even standing; though on the other hand, he could have prevented this whole situation by only listening, yet hindsight is twenty-twenty, right?

He watched people carefully as the walked by, back and forth, back and forth. The people came like waves that never ended, but someone had to watch and protect them from the shadows. It was on of the man ways he had begin to redeem himself, no matter no insignificant it may appear in the grand scheme of things.

He was hoping things would heat up eventually, but nothing seemed to catch his eye. Was everything always so perfect in the streets of the Susukino District? Or was it just him that caused a minor uproar? Hopefully something would come across soon...

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Susukino district was always the busiest area in Kumogakure, and, for that reason, Saki never quite fit in. He distasted crowds. He very much would prefer that the vast majority of the hidden village were composed of the Ancient Forest, where life would be quieter and closer to nature. Unfortunately, he was one of the few people who held that opinion, and so, nothing changed.

Regardless of his particular unease in crowds, Saki found himself in the heart of the beast. In one block, there could have been as many as a hundred people, all going about their busy lives, shopping for food, jewelry, gag tricks and pranks alike, and whatever other strange assortment of products that the Susukino district held. Everyone moved and flowed, as if this particular section of Kumogakure had become a river of people, flowing and bouncing off of the shops in a grand display of rapids. Saki definitely wished he could see an actual river.

However, not everyone moved. In the midst of the hustle, a singular man stood by a wall, not close enough to a shop to be browsing, and not far enough away that he couldn't see anything. In fact, now that Saki thought about it, his position was tactical: inconspicuous to the untrained eye, yet at a place where the vast majority of everything could easily be seen as people moved around. He looked like a man who didn't want to be noticed, with purpose.

"I gather that he is most likely a fellow shinobi," Saki thought to himself.

He would never completely understand why shinobi wouldn't always wear their headbands. After all, it was a cause they dedicated their lives to. Why not display it? Personally, Saki liked his tied to a belt loop, hanging from his waist.

Saki approached the man at an angle from which he would no doubt be seen on his way, and took up residence next to the man by leaning his back on the wall.

"It's amusing to me," Saki began after a few seconds, "how so much chaos can work in the midst of civilization." He was, of course, referring to the insanity of the crowd. "All of this organized chaos... and yet, if even one person fights against the general agreed organization of said chaos, and creates his own flow, everything breaks down. Quite ironic, wouldn't you agree?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In the recent days since the battle in the streets, common crime was on the rise in the streets of Kumogakure. Shigeru had noticed this almost immediately. Living right next to a few small shops, Shigeru was privy to the inside knowledge that went around the ears of the shopkeepers. Some ne’er-do-well had broken into his village and caused enough chaos that the other criminals had decided they too could capitalize on the weakened state of Kumogakure. Being the model shinobi that he was, Shigeru took it upon himself to start rooting out each and every one of these newly arisen bandits and drive them straight to the prison. It had been a grueling process, for sure, but Shigeru had set out with the knowledge that all his free time would be eaten away. In all this time, however, Shigeru had never met such a weasely little cretin.

This one particular bad seed had wormed his way into the local dango shop and demanded that he be compensated for services that were never rendered. The payment was to be the entirety of store’s money, and it was to be paid in full. However, unfortunately for this would-be-thief, the one and only Passionate Flame of Kumogakure happened to be enjoying himself a good dango that very day. It also happened that Shigeru really liked this dango shop… a lot. The unfortunate bandit whipped out a short sword and threatened the people menacingly, but his voice ended up only sounding as threatening as a dude who has to constantly push up his glasses as if being locked into some animated scene on repeat. Maybe even as scary as some guy who only went really fast, but who would specialize in that?

Shigeru, knowing that he was not going to be acting in his right mind, summoned his useless ANBU mask to cover his face. He turned towards the man, brandishing the single black flame on his mask. “I would suggest, sir, that you take your business elsewhere, because I am eating and don’t want to be bothered. Can you do that for me?” Of course, the grunt could only grunt in response. In fact, he was such a grunt that he threw himself at Shigeru halfheartedly sword first. This was the wrong move for the man, and he knew it as soon as Shigeru stood up and grabbed the blade mid-swing. Channeling that sweet inner fire, Shigeru heated the blade until it started melting in his hands. Obviously, this bandit couldn’t even afford to buy a decent blade, let alone pay attention to the fact that there was a shinobi standing in his midst. “I told you to beat it, and I wasn’t talking about you taking off your pants. Now I’m angry and you need to run. I’ll give you approximately ten seconds.” Of course the idiot savant finally heeded Shigeru’s words and took off running, but it took at least twenty seconds to escape from a battle, and Shigeru was quickly on the man’s heels.

Through the streets they ran, cat and mouse until they finally ran into a throng of people crossing into the Susukino district. The man stopped short, and Shigeru channeled a fiery punch that launched the man through the crowd, knocking over all the bystanders, and into a building. Shigeru walked up to the man and moved a piece of rubble over his body, pinning him down in that spot. Shigeru then shot off a signal flare, the color that would summon the common guard to put this man in jail for a while. Shigeru knew that he could not nonchalantly blend back into the crowd, so he instead started walking away from the scene, mask still on his face. His eyes glanced over two figures that stood out of place, but that didn’t bother him one bit.

[Topic Entered]
[MFT]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The quiet chatter of the village filled his ears, as did the sound of feet to the pavement, it was almost soothing till someone broke his inner silence. The man who approached him was of fair build, quite similar to his own, but he didn't radiate any sort of outgoing power, so a fight seemed unlikely to occur. He was approached from a cautious angle, which was a tactical maneuver, veer in through a potential blind spot, and get the jump on someone; that notion made him think it was a Cloud Anbu trying to covertly take him down, but he was alarmed by pleasant conversation, The one thing no one else offered.

Chaos is a tricky thing.... His emerald ripple eyes gazed deeply into the man's own eyes, Chaos is anything that is against the grain.... If everyone "going against the grain", is it really discord? Though through the valley of "organized chaos" as this man had put it, Kouin had indeed gone against their grain, and created his own flow, which the village then bent to, but was he still in control of the flow? Or did he relinquish control? Those were questions for a later date though. To understand one individual impact on the fluidity of the village, you have apply yourself retroactively, which would do you no good.... I on the other hand... Well I had different options, thus I experienced different scenarios. But from what I witnessed... Yes, it is quite ironic I suppose.

And out of no where like John Cena, he saw a man fly by, engulfed in a ball of fire, I think that was exactly what I was waiting fo- He watched man who wore an ANBU mask with a single black flame. Kouin went through his anbu registry, but no one came up with that mask design, That's a disgrace to my branch.... He turned to man and gave him a brief nod, Sorry to depart so quickly, official sennin business and the such. He cared neither if the man stayed or followed, but he had an objective.

He approached the blazing inferno with the mask, and stared deep into the black eye sockets, as if he could pierce right through them. His hand firmly grasped the whole face of the mask, and tore it off the boys face, You have no business wearing this mask, boy His rippled eyes held nothing but ferocious lightning; if he was merciless he'd crush his mask, much like Shashu did to his own... But he relented.. He wasn't without a heart; he flipped the mask over in his hand, he felt the cool feel of the ceramic at his finger tips. Now... Why impersonate a member of my branch? His voice was more inquisitive than it was anger, their should never be a reason for impersonating a branch member, I have zero intention of penalizing you, since you got rid of these criminals, but I do request you answer the question. How do you have a mask, yet aren't a member of the corps...

[MFT - 511]

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This man proposed an intriguing philosophical concept. Much to the same effect as the statement "If everyone is super, then no one is," this kind stranger inquired as to whether chaos was actually out-of-line if everything was chaotic. Saki gave a firm "Hmmm" and nodded his head in affirmation at the idea.

"That is a valid point." he stated without looking at his conversation partner, who then continued speaking. "I agree. Hindsight is always 20/20, so they s--!"

Without time to finish his sentence, a man was thrown past the two, through the crowd and into a building in a bright display of flames. Saki leaned forward so that he could see the man better, then panned over to the origin of the disturbance. The man walked along the path cleared by his outburst, which steadily grew larger as more and more of the village sheep scattered at the sight of their predetermined path being broken. Before long, he had taken down the man he'd apparently launched with Ninjutsu, then fired a single flare into the air. His ANBU mask confirmed, to Saki, that he was indeed a shinobi.

At this point, his conversationist friend took his leave, announcing that he had Sennin business to which he must attend.

Ah, I was correct. However, I do not recognize him. He is not the Main Branch sennin. Perhaps he is the new ANBU sennin, Kouin?

The theorized Kouin walked several dozen meters to the fire-man and, from where Saki stood, got pretty upset. Saki decided to slowly walk up to the situation and observe from a slight distance, like a boy politely waiting for his turn to ask his mother for something if she were talking to a friend. He got close enough to the three people--Kouin, Fire-man, and apparent criminal--to hear that Fire-man was not ANBU.

Oh, this is interesting. I may as well stick around for a little bit to see how this little show plays out."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Set the scene! The hero Shimatsu Shigeru has added one more criminal to the confines of the Kumogakure jail system to be rehabilitated and then regurgitated back out into society proper, but directly adjacent to this daring and heroic scene some random guy in a high fashion cloak along with some planty little fellow were doing their best to hold up a wall. Shigeru did not listen to their chatter, even though that would have been right within his shinobi powers, and instead Shigeru had been solely focused on getting to his next destination, the Main Branch Sennin’s office. Shigeru had wanted to discuss the recent rise in crime with him, and Ayumu seemed the kind of guy to take these kinds of warnings seriously, unlike the other Sennin of the village whom seemed almost missing in action. However, the two of these scenes collided in the most drastic of ways. High fashion with the baby face decided he was going to leave the wall alone and confront the hero of this story by ripping his mask straight off Shigeru’s face.

For a moment the man exuded a force of raw anger directed at Shigeru, but he quickly tempered that charge and sparked off a few comments about his branch and other absolute crap like that… Shigeru was about to fire off a quick response when the man’s words jolted his memory of a memo he had received recently. There was a new ANBU Sennin in town, and he had gotten himself this position in an electrifying way: Old Sennin out, new Missing guy who was a complete jerk and broke a block of the village in. This was the sole man responsible, in Shigeru’s eyes, for the problems the village now faced. More importantly, this was the man who had taken it upon himself to fire off multiple jutsu in the vicinity of Shigeru’s home while villagers were around. This was the man with such a static view of the world that he felt it was proper to settle business with flying swords from the sky! Shigeru was going to respond in a manner more befitting for a citizen of Kumogakure, but now he was so fired up his blood was boiling.

With a quick seal, the mask was back in Shigeru’s hand, and as his anger intensified, Shigeru could feel the flames start to push to the edge of his skin. However, with the last shred of his control, Shigeru kept the flames from pouring out of him. “I have no business wearing this mask? What makes you think that an invader such as yourself has any business telling me that I have no business doing things in my own village?” Shigeru’s eyes filled to the brim with raw flame as he stared the other man directly in the eyes. “This is my mask, forged in the trials and blood I have given to my village. You do not have the right to touch it.” Shigeru placed the mask over his face once more, sealing it so that it would not slip off if in battle. “You ask why I wear a mask. Do you not have those you want to protect? Even someone like you should know what it is like to protect things. I have lived in this village my whole life, given everything that I have to see it prosper. If criminals know who I am and wish to see me contained, they can target those around me who have no way to protect myself. So I wear a mask, so that they stay safe.”

Shigeru did not threaten, but he was no longer sated with the idea of just going home. This man represented all that he wished to rid the village of. How this man had come to hold such a position of power in such short time was beyond Shigeru, and the fact that he now claimed that Kumogakure was his home despite the ripples of his coming still adversely affecting the village made Shigeru sick. No, Shigeru stared at the man with all the hate he could muster, daring the man to have some sort of rebuttal.

[MFT][WC: 696]​
<i>
</i>

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He wasn't in the least bit surprised that the man held some deep inner hate for the man. Kouin had attacked the village, and posed a major threat, but for the mean time the strength obtained was a boon for the village. It was also no shock that the man spoke of him having no right to call anything in the village his own, and Kouin couldn't help but smile, Tell me; have you faced the devastation of losing everything, and I mean everything. Your village, your friends, family, nearly every place you knew? Have you ever experienced that kind of pain? That sort of suffering? The pain I caused here due to selfish reasons bares zero comparison what all the refugees feel constantly. After his brief interjection he allowed the stranger to continue

Kouin dragged his left leg back, and planted his foot down; quickly preparing for any surprise attack. The young man continued to speak of the many atrocities that were recently caused from the wake of his own destruction. And every word of it was mostly true. His forceful entry, refusal to leave peacefully, the counter offensive, plotting to overthrow the whole regime, the whole nine yard. Though a few fact were slightly skewed, but he would wait for him to finish. You're right, my attacks were to a degree senseless, but the incident report? Civilian casualty was nearly nonexistent, and none but my targets were fatally wounded. You think I have no sense to just harm everyone? I abused my power, yes, but I took required precaution to ensure civilian livelihood remained intact.

He could still feel the cold hardness of the ceramic on his hands even after the mask had vanished and he released a sigh. Also the death of my predecessor came to me as a shock; I did leave him batter and bruised, and albeit an inch from his life, but the report also mentioned that he was stabilized, and healed by Kitsune-san. And for a turn of the worse, he was then shot in his own bed, while I was pinned in the forest, a much more less populated area. Because I knew the chase wouldn't relent, not after the sennin confronted me; I had to take the matter elsewhere. Every step was carefully calculated.... Only thing I didn't factor was sadly the death of two anbu.... Their deaths will forever be on my hands, blood I can never wash away, and I must live with that, not you. He released a deep sigh. He never mean't for those two to die; he had gotten caught up in the moment, and forgo'd his strategem and caused unnecessary causalities.

He brushed his hair back in a flustered motion, A mask is more than that; I admire your want to protect everyone, but that mask as much as it is a protection it's also a target; who do you think get targeted first? The elite shinobi, we protect the secrets villages would kill to obtain, we fight in the shadows, and retain anonymity. The mask may have been forged in trails of blood and the respect you hold for our village, but don't forget the people that don those very same masks everyday. He took a brief pause for air. He was hoping his point was coming across somewhat understandably, but the loyalty the man held for his village was outstanding. Kouin could sense the animosity throbbing from him, he figured the man would attack if he didn't know the power disparity were so huge, I've swore on my own life, as well on the holy spirit of Shinbatsu that I wouldn't allow another invader to cause the travesties that I caused; I swear on every fiber of my being. He looked deep into the man's fiery eyes, Kouin felt the eyes could literally melt steel beams, unlike jet fuel; I understand their are people in this village whom will never learn to trust, or even forgive me for that matter. I'm not asking for any of that. All I'm asking for is a chance to forgiven, and that is exactly what Saito-sama has given me.

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Things took an unexpected turn. While the events surrounding the replacement of the ANBU Sennin were apparently made available to the common man, Saki had not heard of them. This was unlike him; he typically kept himself very informed on current events. It had been a decent amount of time since Kouin was appointed his new title. So why had he never heard of these accusations? Is it possible that this fire-user was making something up? It was true, the previous sennin had been murdered... but according to Kouin himself, they had fought beforehand?

This wasn't adding up to Saki.

Who was Kouin? As far as he'd known, Kouin was just another ANBU who'd been promoted in the absence of a leader. But this was starting to sound more and more like he wasn't even Kumogakurean. This sounded as though he were an outsider. Maybe even a nuke.

So what is he doing here? A sennin?

Saki backed away from the both Kouin and the other questionable shinobi, placing a few more steps in between him and them in case a fight broke out. Right now, it looked like it might. Tensions were high as Saki found himself not knowing who exactly to trust. On the one hand, he had his duty to the sennin of his village, yet on the other, he wasn't sure if he could trust this man anymore. Additionally, it was plain to see that this other shinobi was wild, unpredictable, and had a severe lack of tact. Saki didn't trust him either.

"Who are you?" he said, a sudden graveness in his voice. He had dropped into a stance, unsure of what to do, but prepared for the worst. "What do you mean you have ANBU blood on your hands?"

Kouin would most likely not be able to answer immediately. As Saki finished his question, two ANBU flicked into existence beside Kouin. The one on the right, who placed himself in between his sennin and Saki, was garbed in a red cloak, as opposed to the traditional black one, and his mask had five evenly spaced cyan lines painted on it. The one to the right, who placed himself in between his sennin and Shigeru, had no such personalization to his outfit.
</FONTFACE>
Matthew.(Fire.Emblem).full.1124412.jpg
<FONTFACE fontface="optima">
"Sir, are you okay? We saw a signal flare."

His callsign was Echo, but Kouin may recognize him as Jinkotsu Kosei. And he was prepared to fight tooth and nail right here, right now, in the event that either of these two--Saki or Shigeru--stepped out of line, in defense of his leader.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was a brief moment where Shigeru felt a genuine heartstring tug for this intruder named Kouin, but then he was once again reminded of the fact that this man was not only an intruder but a murderer. Yes he had a sad backstory, but did that really matter to Shigeru? Not even one bit. This man was a singular threat to the entire existence of this village, though he did bring up many solid points on why he shouldn’t be immolated where he stood. In fact, if the Raikage could stand this man being in the village there must be a reason beyond the normal scope of sight, even if the decision made Shigeru question the leading bodies altogether. For the moment, the man must be allowed to live, if only to fail and be executed. That was what Shigeru wanted.
However, in the blink of an eye the weird guy in the corner was questioning his life choices and two ANBU showed up, and one of them happened to attempt to juxtapose himself between Kouin and Shigeru. This was the wrong move, because Shigeru was already on edge. Before Shigeru could tell Kouin what he really felt about him, there was a man shoving him backwards in order to ‘protect’ his Sennin. Were they really trying to fight? First Shigeru is scolded for doing his own job by an intruder, and now he is being shoved for standing in the middle of a street? All these completely stupid things were happening, and they only made the burning rage inside of Shigeru harder to control. Before that man could even react, Shigeru grabbed him by the collar of his ANBU cloak. “Did anyone give you permission to interrupt this conversation? In any other world I would burn you down right here, but since we are both from the same village I will give you a pass. However, step. Aside.” Even if the man wanted to move, he wouldn’t have moved swiftly enough to avoid being picked up and tossed aside into the nearest building. Shigeru almost felt like sending a fireball after a man but decided against that action quickly.
Turning his attention back to the Kouin at hand Shigeru was prepared for the fight that he saw brewing between the two men. “I had hoped you wouldn’t feel the need to call for backup or do the ANBU no longer do anything useful for the village? If you wish to fight, do that one on one, not with my village members as your shields.” For just a brief moment if Kouin stared hard enough, Shigeru’s eyes had literal flames coming out of them. “However, to address your previous statements. I wear a mask because I want to be the target, not others. I have trained my whole life to fight, why should I fear being attacked? I will burn every foe that sets their fangs against Kumogakure, and from where I stand right now, the only enemy is you. I right now could summon the flames of my rage to consume this entire place, but I do not because of restraint. To say no civilian casualties shows restraint or the opposite of senseless is a fool’s way of thinking. You should have waited at the gates as every traveler does. So tell me, why should I forgive you?” Shigeru stared straight at the man. Though he could feel power radiating from the man, Shigeru felt no fear for his life. His village was his world, and there was a reason he had given the mask up in the first place: For the village.

WC: 605 [MFT]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kouin glanced to his sides quickly; two anbu had quickly entered the scenes, they were most likely near by and saw the signal flare. The speechless anbu stood between Kouin and Shigeru, while Echo stood between Saki and Kouin. It appeared these two would fight by his side if need be, but he had a strong sense that would be highly unlikely, but he felt Shigeru wouldn't appreciate the sudden breach in space.

He shook his head, and mentally spoke, Shouldn't have done that... He watched as Shigeru grasped the man and flung him; Kouin casted his arm out, and placed an simple Anti Gravity Field around the flying anbu, and allowed him to fall to the ground uninjured. Letting out a brief sigh, he turned his attention back to the matter in front of him. I'd really appreciate it if you didn't throw my Anbu like they were rag dolls, some of them are very fragile. He attempted to twine in the last bit as a joke of sorts, but he felt it would go unheeded. He turned his attention to Echo, and gave him a brief nod, Go help him up, I have everything situated here; go patrol the perimeter of the village, and have the report on my desk in the morning.

After dismissing the two anbu, he turned his attention to the matter in front of him. He snickered at the mans remark, I wouldn't need back up, I prefer my fights solo. Less room for someone screwing up. He called the anbu his shield, but he didn't know how wrong the statement was. The ANBU were his wardens; they were simply protecting him from anything that wasn't them. My shield? No, they simply don't wish for anyone to kill me that isn't them; they are my wardens. He listened to his words; they held much intensity and he could feel the village pride ooze from his words. Kouin stood silent as the man spoke.

The man spoke of how he could engulf this whole area in a raging inferno; Kouin could feel his hands begin to crackle with the essence of thunder and lightning, A better question is, why weren't there any guards to stop me? I simply waltz in as if I was being invited; how could I resist an open invitation? He let out a light snicker, but than returned to a more serious tone, In all seriousness, things would've gone smoother had I just followed protocol, but I am a man of action, and I needed things to do; my vision was skewed by brash, and selfish ideologies, my mind warped by an inwardness of misplaced hatred, and false truths.

His eyes moved to sky, and took in a deep breath as he returned his gaze back to the Shinobi in front of him, Why should you forgive me you ask? Well I don't think that is something that could be done right now admittedly. For all intents and purpose you should be trying to sear me on the ground I stand. He rubbed the back of his head cautiously, Kouin had to chose his words carefully right now, he had to be sure not to trigger the mans killer instinct that glowered from his aura. We both where masks; to conceal our identities, and to protect those we wish to keep safe. I'm not asking you to forgive me now, but I'm asking to give me time to show my actions can remedy the things I have done. He kept his foot firmly planted in the ground, and began to internalize any possible sudden reaction Shigeru could've made, and tried to prepare counter measures, but hopefully.... Hopefully his words were enough to make the raging inferno begin to simmer down slightly.

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nameless NPC number 1 felt himself thrown suddenly, before he could really think about what was going on, and just as quickly felt himself slowed down by some unseen force, as if a Jedi had somehow left the Star Wars universe for a Naruto cameo... whoever Naruto was. And whatever a Jedi is. Shh, don't tell Ryoma I mentioned them. The point I'm trying to make is that the lost Firebat had taken up judo classes at some point, and wasn't particularly keen about his personal safety bubble being broken by the equivalent of a police officer, so he was all like "Woooaaaahhh homie, you needa put a trigger warning in front of your entrances and respect my right to be comfortable at all times," so he made like DIG at Baron and threw, hard.

Well, Kosei was GOING to react, but he didn't necessarily feel comfortable leaving his current position between Jin--I mean, Saki and Kouin, so all he could really do was watch. But he really wasn't expecting Kouin to tell him to leave, and he DEFINITELY wasn't expecting John Cena. It should go without saying that when an ANBU black op sees his head honcho black op man figuratively in the middle of two unknown guys and ONE of them starts throwing other ANBU black op men, it doesn't sit well if he's told to leave. Like really.

However, because Kosei knew of his new Sennin's reputation, he didn't want to accidentally startle the man, lest he be killed.

He shuddered at the thought.

"Yes, sir. Be safe." he said, before somehow magically flickering into nothingness with his ninja magic. A few seconds later, the random nobody who was originally designed just to make sure Kosei didn't have to get in between Hothead and Kouin also disappeared with his respective ninja magic.

"So then, Saki said, dropping the stance he had and pleading to the fireman. "Can we please work this out diplomatically? No one has perfect pasts." Wait, was Shigeru the fireman, because he had fire? Or was Saki the fireman, because he had water? The world may never know.

Saki decided to ignore the question he'd asked earlier. Kouin probably didn't hear him, and, what Kouin had to say made an impact on him. Or rather, it made him understand where he was coming from. Also, the fact that two ANBU had shown up defending him. So, yknow. Who was he to doubt his authority?

"Please, let's just talk this through."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Up until this moment, Shigeru had felt like a bomb ready to burst, perhaps it was his latent explosion powers rising up, or maybe it was just the fact that Shigeru could not help but want to roast every single thing that he felt threatened this great village. This single man was the greatest threat in the recent years, and in Shigeru’s mind, he should be razed right where he stood. However, this same man had garnered the respect of the most powerful shinobi in Kumogakure proper. If this man was good enough for the Raikage, how could Shigeru question that most sanctimonious decision? The question burned deep inside the young man. This very quandary was the reason Shigeru was locked in place, the world around him completely forgotten until this singular thing was dealt with. In his mind, this man was a threat and a boon, and his story was not unlike a set of circumstances that would drive one to the brink. How much better was Shigeru? Inside of him was a burning fire that was ready to explode, and he could do little to stop it. They were both a danger to the village. If Shigeru was so quick to condemn Kouin, then he too should be condemned.

A silence fell over Shigeru as he felt some of the fire leave him. For a moment, he felt the strife and anguish of this Kouin, and he let himself simmer down, if but briefly. A conclusion had been reached, and as much as a fight would have been welcome in these war-ready streets, Shigeru decided not to deal with this problem with mere brute strength. “Kouin. I will not say that I pardon your actions, and I will not say that forgiveness will be given by many. However, you posed a question to me earlier, about this mask. It was forged by my hand almost a lifetime ago, and it was to be employed for my service into that same organization you have been appointed head of. You may have seen my name among those of the trainees that were offered full membership and turned it down. At that time, I thought that this village needed something more, and that I could be that thing. Recent events have shown me that I might not be the person to do what I had originally set out to do.” Shigeru looked up for a moment and locked eyes with the ANBU Sennin. Though this man was an outsider, he had probably already done many things for the village, some that the general public would never know. He had vowed to protect this village by taking his current appointment, and in doing so, he deserved some form of forgiveness, even a shred.

For a moment, Shigeru was going to continue talking to Kouin, deliver one final statement, but he realized that they still had a guest. Though Shigeru was sure that this startled man was no real threat, in a village full of shinobi one could not be too careful. In a flash Shigeru had given Kouin the ‘one-minute’ signal and zipped over to where the startled man was standing. “I hope we are not intruding on your day, I promise that I will not burn anyone to cinders for anytime within the next hour, and I hope that you can keep the next few sentences a secret. I promise, under more normal circumstances, I am a very warm person.” As fast as he had gotten there, Shigeru was back in front of Kouin.

With a quick release of chakra, Shigeru took the mask off of his face. Though his expression was solid and stern, his eyes burned with the passion he held dearly for his village. His whole life he had made decision after decision that he hoped would bring him closer to security of his village. The only thing he wanted was for it to prosper and flourish. From the light, Shigeru had, and would never stop, supporting and nourishing the shinobi around him. The students who he taught would still be taught, and when the Main Branch called for his name, Shigeru would respond as any acting Chuunin would. However, Shigeru knew the path that lay before him was the most direct path to protecting the village. In the darkness, Shigeru would use that unimaginable strength to fight against the threats that constantly tried to destroy his home. This man, Kouin, was an outsider as Shigeru was. Though this village was his home, Shigeru wanted nothing of the ANBU Corps, and had made that clear when he exited last time. Being in the light, the Main Branch, had always seemed more like an honorable thing to pursue as a shinobi. However, if Kouin could do it, then so could Shigeru. With his mask in his hands, Shigeru got down on a single knee, baring the back of his neck, a sign of surrender and trust. Shigeru tossed the mask up at Kouin, knowing he would catch it, without looking up. “Kouin-sama, I will not promise to forgive you or trust you completely. However, I wish to give you the opportunity to earn my forgiveness. Help me protect my village from all of its enemies and I will count you among my allies and friends. If you give me this opportunity, I will wear that mask for you and you only, and I will pledge me loyalty to you alone. If you will so have me, Kouin, I will return to the corps under your guidance. I will take up my secret name once more.” Like a trick, on the ground between the two men, Shigeru and Kouin, a small fire lept up, and the flames spelled out a singular name that would be blown away in an instant. 山火事 Wildfire.

After pouring his soul out to this man, Shigeru felt empty inside. He had this feeling once before, with the Main Branch Sennin, but then the man had not given Shigeru guidance. In this instance, Shigeru was hoping for a more positive outcome. All the young man could do was wait, but he hoped against hope that he had not just made a fool of himself.

WC: 1038 [MFT]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The proverbial dust began to finally settle between the two warriors; a great inner battle was being fought between the two. His head turned slightly to the man to his right, Sometimes diplomacy doesn't work; we aren't trained to talk are we? Though this matter seems to be simmering quite nicely. He brought his attention to the raging inferno that stood before him. He let out a brief sigh of relief, it had appeared his words didn't fall on a deaf ears thankfully. He nodded at the mans response, We shinobi must wear many "masks", but their is only one mask that can shield your whole identity, and it is the one of my branch.

If he got past the mans fiery and spontaneous personality he could see this Shigeru being a fine addition to his ranks. He didn't realize himself, but he was already marking down his key qualities, the first was sympathy and modesty. He watched as he made an effort make amends with hiss planty companion. Thinking back, he could recall an old file on someone named Shigeru who was enlisted in the AiT program, but than departed due to personal reasons. Having someone who already knew some of the ropes would make training new initiates really easy, and he had made it know he was a teacher at the academy which made it all the more glorious.

He zoned back into reality as Shigeru began to speak again. He brought up a previous statement he had brought up; the lack trust the others in his branch have for him. It was a solemn fact he was fine accepting at this moment, but what caught him by surprise was Shigeru kneeling, and wishing to join his ranks. Speaking out how amongst those that lack trust for him, he would be the one who would; a smile appeared on his face, He beat me to the punch I suppose. He let out a hearty laugh and clapped Shigeru on the shoulder, Well when you ask like that what else could I say but yes?[/i] He channeled chakra to the tip of his fingers and placed two on the man's forehead, dispersing a unique chakra stimulate through his body, and reactivating his anbu tattoo, From this day on, you're one of the Corp. I grant you the rank of Mempo Anbu. He turned his head to the sky behind him and let out a brief sigh, Now I must plan a trip out of the village with our Raikage. He turned away and gave the planty man a nod farewell, May out paths cross on swifter terms.

[Topic Left unless stopped]

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Is Saki had been one to swear, this would have been one of those times where he inadvertently said aloud "What the fuck?" at the fiasco unfolding before him. Some dude is acting psycho-fire-explodey-man, then suddenly he's an ANBU? I don't know man, maybe the ANBU weren't all the cool after all.

Get it?

Cool?

'Cause now that guy is an ANBU... and he's hot...

'Cause of the fire?

Puns aside, Saki wasn't sure exactly what he was watching. In fact, in the commosion of it all, he was sure he must have been hearing something wrong. Seriously, someone needs to tell the other authors to type in all-caps so that the other characters can hear properly. Isn't that just common etiquette?

Regardless of whether or not he knew what exactly had just happened, it was pretty apparent that the situation had cooled down to the point where things weren't threatening to go up in flames. The Human Torch over there wasn't flaming the sennin anymore, and, for the most part, it looked like Saki wasn't needed anymore. So, he made like a baby and headed out.

"It looks like the situation is extinguished, so I'm just gonna go..." he said, slipping away quicker than that guy who went over Niagara Falls in a barrel and then died after slipping on an orange peel. "I wish you a good day!"

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back