Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The White Knight Mystery Case Part II: An Encounter with Kyuji [Riyota's Chunnin Exam]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After his encounter with the Aikayume Clan's Umiko, it would appear that our protagonist had decided that he would venture towards a familiar place to him known as the Toroano Clan to continue this case/mission assigned to him from the busty kitsune who had chosen to give him a hard time about his appearance to put it mildly. In all honesty, the one-armed Miroku teenager truly had no other leads for his investigation into who had murdered and stolen a pair of emerald-colored eyes from an Aikayume family member so it was not entirely surprising that he had decided to venture somewhere that he knew quite well. Of course, the journey from the Aikayume Estate in the Diamond District to the main entrance of the Toroano Clan would take him some time, but it was nothing that could be too problematic for him especially after the hellish life that he had endured growing up with Miroku Akkuma and being taught by Byakko Kyuji to the point where he was dying during the lesson. Besides, he had engaged in some intimate things with the current head of the Toroano Clan and lived throughout it even though many regular human-beings would have likely died in the process.

In any case when he would arrive to the main entrance of the Toroano Dojo, he would be able to see an attendant at a nearby desk doing miscellaneous activities that looked quite honestly boring like staring off into space or doing a crossword puzzle since there was not a lot of activity to and from the village due to a multitude of reasons including the uncertainty of what the Daimyo was doing in far distance areas of the country. If he attempted to enter the Byakko Clan's portion of the estate, the guards would block his path and inform him that he needed to go to the attendant to "page" whoever he wished to speak to. The question that one would have to ask however is if Riyota would do the respectful and courtesy thing of following the protocol that had been set up for the Byakko Clan or if he would decide to deviate and force his way through. Considering that he had recently engaged in a fight against an Aikayume guard and his body was likely recovering still, the smarter option was to follow the protocol that had been set up for him. However, Riyota was not known for being the wisest individual that had an affiliation with the Toraono Clan and quite honestly was a loose cannon at times so only the hands of Fate truly could determine what this bizarre child would do.
[OOC: Exam continued from HERE]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young shinobi was probably quite a sight to anyone paying attention within the Toraono administrative building. His clothes were ragged and torn and the damage he had sustained, although not life threatening, was taking its time to repair due to the nature of his prior opponents attacks. Riyota was not exactly familiar with the due process for seeing an important individual since he had never before really entered an area like this. He was used to being left alone as he was known amongst the Miroku and that was where he spent his time. His ignorance was swiftly broken when the weapons of two guards stopped him in his tracks.

Looking up at the pair with a confused expression as he idly wiped a drop of blood away from the now sealed wound in his neck, he casually stated "Um...I'm here to see Kyuji?" Clearly unsure of what the special password was to get in. The guards would indicate to the individual seated at the desk who had begun dreamily spinning around in their chair. Riyota slowly backed away from the two guards and slunk his way over to the desk. Clearing his throat he spoke calmly "Excuse me? I'm here to speak to Kyuji...Be...Bee...Byakko! Kyuji." He explained, struggling to remember the origin of whom he still knew as the man whom had almost killed him.

If the receptionist proceeded to explain that it would take a long time for him to be able to speak to Kyuji, or indeed that he would have to book an appointment and come back Riyota would try the guards again. If he was allowed through to speak with Kyuji immediately, he would simply roll his eyes at the convoluted process he had just had to go through to have a conversation.

Assuming there was some detail disallowing him from speaking to Kyuji currently Riyota would slyly nod and look as if he were going to leave the building. As he walked away however, he would concentrate his efforts on temporarily reversing the effects of his exemplary healing abilities. Causing the left side of his face to rupture and spew blood, the skull and muscle beneath exposed. Riyota would cry out in pain and fall to his knees, turning towards the guards he would shout. "IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN, AGH, I'M SORRY. I NEED TO SPEAK TO KYUJI, HE KNOWS MY TREATMENT!" Playing up the injury as much as he could to hopefully be dragged to his target with no violence on his part whatsoever. It seemed he had inherited his Father's strategic mind in some ways.

MFT

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Initially when my supposedly second cousin arrived to the front entrance of the Byakko Clan, he would be stopped by the guards who had been put in place to guard over the clan after some incidents in the past where people just strolled right into where I was living and were asking, or more like demanding, that I gave them the time of day. Following the proper protocol, this older teenager would go up to the receptionist at the desk and inform them that he was here to speak with me. Of course, this receptionist would roll his eyes as he looked at the one-armed shinobi before pretending to get on a headset and call for me before telling Riyota that I was unavailable to speak to him.

At this moment, a simple lie should have been more than enough to tell the child to return another day and try to speak with me. However, the child apparently would do something without anyone noticing that caused his skull and some of his muscle to be revealed and blood to spurt onto the ground as he played them like a fool in order for the receptionist to actually get on the headset and call for me due to an emergency at the entryway. Of course, I had no idea about the initial fake-out conducted by the receptionist on duty so I believed that this was a serious matter as I quickly walked from my clan's portion of the estate wondering what exactly was occurring and who was injured that needed my urgent attention. Usually if someone had an accident, they were told to go to the Hospital if it was minor, but actually calling me for an emergency meant something dire was happening and someone's life was in danger or at least I thought as much since again, I had no idea that the receptionist initially lied about 'paging' me.

As I got to the entrance, I would see the child who was injured and simply sigh as it was Riyota, the boy wonder who seemed to get hurt so much and yet his body was more durable than steel. Yes, I would see his blood spilled on the tiles and carpet that filled the entrance of the entire Toraono Dojo and yes, his injuries did look serious. However, this was the same child who survived a combination of the Chidori and Rasengan from me as someone likely had taunted me to annoy me enough as the teacher for the students on that date. Thinking back quickly, my assumption on who likely taunted me was either Riyota or Azusa, two children who still had a lot of things to learn in this cold, hard reality that we lived in. But in any case, I would walk up to Riyota with my arms folded and simply state: "I am here, Riyota. What happened to you?" As I spoke a Medical Assistant had formed, that shared some similarities to me, and had already began the healing process on him. I knew that he would not die anytime soon since this was Riyota who we were speaking about so I could allow the clone to do the majority of the work as we spoke.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'Yeah, that got your attention...' Riyota thought to himself as he saw the receptionists expression change to panic as he frantically moved to page the prestigious medic. It didn't take long for Kyuji to reach the scene but even so Riyota's act was clearly starting to disturb those around him. Who seemed less concerned about his wellbeing and more concerned about how soon he would be gone. One of the guards in particular looked like they were about to vomit.

Eventually the medic arrived on scene to the sight of a writhing Riyota. Surrounded as he often was by a pool of blood. The young shinobi himself had not met face to face with Kyuji since...a certain event. So he was in no way aware of the medic's new...circumstances. As such, when Riyota felt the strange yet relaxing sensation of a medical jutsu a look of slight annoyance came across the half of his face that still remained. 'What could he be doing right now that he has time to dispatch someone that quickly but not come down himself? He wondered, pulling away from the clones medical jutsu and removing his hands from his face. Dropping the act and ceasing his suppression. Quickly, the bleeding stopped and the flesh of his face started coming back. Although the wound was still a grim and disturbing visage, one of his eyeballs slowly dragging itself back up into the socket as he healed.

"Thanks m'am, I feel better already." He remarked without much conviction. "But I very much need to speak with Kyuji, it's important and I'd rather not let it wait. So if you could just take me to him?" He asked, politely as he could. Trying not to notice the looks of disgust, confusion and annoyance that were surrounding him currently.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As I stood there watching the process being conducted by my Medical Assistant, I would notice that he was slowly healing through the process. Unfortunately, Riyota was a bit of a bullhead when it came to matters like this and he would showcase that skill once more as he pushed away from my clone. In doing so, I would see that his face restructured itself easily and his bleeding would subside quickly which either meant the healing through my clone had been successful or Riyota had played everyone like a fool to get what he wanted which was to speak to me. Regardless, he was healed and not in any immediate danger so there was no need to get the more advanced techniques out to save him today unlike when his ribs were exposed when we had our sparring match as a class at the Academy; that class was so long ago now as all of those students had either grown up to be great shinobi or disappeared from existing entirely to never be seen again.

In any case, he would look back at me after his face was finished doing its thing and ask me to take him to Byakko Kyuji which was an odd request since I was the Byakko Kyuji of the Byakko Clan and the descendant of Lord Byakko who watched over all of us. It would only hit me a few moments later that he likely had not heard the rumors or known that some things had occurred since he last saw me that changed my physical appearance and gender in the process. Now, I still had the same soul and thoughts that I did before the incident occurred and I could recall much of my life and past events that occurred including Barynx, running from the Hidden Stone, and losing my arm against Brother Kuro. But, this new body was still taking me some time to get accustomed to since I had to relearn how to use the restroom, how to move around without seducing or making things awkward, and how to handle that monthly cycle that crept up and made my body feel like it was being torn apart from within. All in all, the incident had not stopped me too much from continuing my life as normal, but I did get odd looks and questions about the incident that never made much sense to anyone when I explained it. In other words, I would not be surprised if Riyota questioned me about it as well when he realized that it was me and he was already somewhat "slow" so it likely would take him more time to understand.

After thinking how to approach this situation, I would smirk at him with my emerald vixen eyes looking into his own odd-colored ones as I spoke: "Miroku Riyota, I am Byakko Kyuji. I know that it is something that is hard to grasp given the last time that you saw me, but I can ensure you that it is I. After I fought Azusa and collapsed in that battle, I woke up in my bed and this is how I appeared...I have no idea how I became a woman nor who did this to me, but I am dealing with the situation in the best way possible for my own sake." There would be a brief pause after giving him this statement before I turned my attention to what he had summoned me for: "So...what do you need to tell me that is so important?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riyota stood with a look of slight confusion on his face as the woman who had assisted him with his issue explained that she was indeed the man he was looking for. The young man took a few moments to scan her face for signs of deceit but when he found none he simply shrugged. "Well alright, it's not the weirdest thing I've had happen. You certainly don't stink as much as you used to." Riyota taunted before looking Kyuji in the eye and smirking. "Good to see you again Sensei." He said warmly. Treating Kyuji's reveal as it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Not that I care too much who hears about this but do you mind if we walk and talk before your guards beat me to death?" He asked. If Kyuji started moving, Riyota would walk with her. If not, Riyota would stay where he was an explain, though he his eyes would be on the lookout for surprise attacks by the guards.

Time would pass as the young shinobi explained his situation, what had happened so far, and why he was here. "...So essentially, I'm on the hunt for some eye stealing murderer? Given what you were like last I saw you I get the feeling you're an expert on that topic." He chuckled lightly, hoping the woman wouldn't take offence to his statement.

"Thing is, my visit to the Aikayume wasn't exactly helpful. They've got no clues, no leads and I spent a little while fighting a guard for the 'privilege' of investigating the matter." He sighed, looking downwards with signs of frustration on his face. "I wouldn't be bothering usually, but I've been a genin for too long. I can't let this opportunity pass me by, so anything you can do to help I'd appreciate." He pleaded.

"We do need to catch up, I just don't have time today. If you can help me with this case, I'll buy the drinks." Riyota said, trying to lighten the mood of the conversation.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Fortunately for everyone in the area, the Miroku boy would not take long to respond to me even if he had to get a little taunt in there about my body odor when I was a man. This little "insult" would be met with a smirk in return as he continued speaking to me asking if we could move from where we were due to the obvious reason of him playing all of us like fools assuming that he was injured. For his sake, I would nod and proceed to walk in front of him down the corridor for the Byakko Clan and only would stop when we were quite a little way's down from the main entrance of the entire Toraono Clan. During this walk, Riyota would explain the entire predicament that he saw himself in right now and the possible promotion to Chunnin if he managed to find the individual or group that had invaded the Aikayume Clan's sacred grounds and murdered one of their own in an assassin-like matter. This whole situation seemed suspicious to me that a prestigious clan like the Aikayume would call upon someone who was known to have an affiliation with their former priestess for aid; it was like they had a secret agenda and might be using the boy for their own personal gain in the process. The sad thing was that I knew Riyota too well to know that he was naive and also not always the brightest individual in the world so he could easily be manipulated.

As I stood there with my emerald, vixen-like eyes looking back at him with his odd-colored eyes, I would begin my response as followed: "So the Aikayume Clan has a member who was slain and their eyes were plucked from their sockets? That is definitely an interesting case for sure and they even asked you for help to try to keep it out of the public eye. Quite interesting to put it mildly." As I finished, my thoughts would go to my own eyes that I was using on this body currently; they seemed to match the description of what Riyota was looking for and I had to wonder if they were actually those eyes or if it was just a rather intriguing coincidence that they were almost an exact match to them. Regardless, I had no background knowledge on this body at all or what transpired to have myself put into it meaning I didn't have any say in the design of it or how it worked; all that I had was the ability to learn this new body and try to master it as quickly as possible before the World Martial Arts Tournament that was rapidly approaching.

In any case after pondering this thought for a little while, I would continue speaking to him and actually ask him for some assistance as well. The exact words that I spoke to the boy were something along the lines of the following: "They probably are trying to keep it out of the public eye due to their former priestess fighting me in the Red Light District and being partially to blame for a building catching on fire and likely burning to the ground. Honestly, I don't remember much from that day after she knocked me out, but I heard from various sources that there were some things that occurred that were gruesome, but I was never given the information. Would you care to explain to me what happened after I was knocked out? If you do, I likely will be able to help you more with your assignment from the Aikayume Clan. Is that fair?" Truthfully, I needed answers from someone that was there on that faithfully date in time and if my memories served me correctly, he was indeed there and likely could provide me some insight into what happened. At the very least, I wanted to know what happened after I was knocked out and if it could provide me any insight into where I was in life right now since Lord Byakko had no information to provide to me and nobody in my family knew what happened to me that caused me to become a woman.
MFT: 706 Words

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed the Byakko descendent required a favour from the young Miroku heir. A favour he wasn't entirely confident he could fulfil. "Nobody filled you in? That's...strange..." He asked, mildly confused. "I'm afraid I probably don't have any answers for you, my father procured your body...took it away from Azusa, beyond that I don't really know. I fell unconscious myself not long after. I hear there was a fight but, I wasn't there to see it. That's all I know." He explained, rather annoyed at himself for failing to be of much help.

"So, essentially what you're saying is. You don't know anything? You don't have any information for me? The words would come out as unintentionally terse from Riyota's mouth. He wasn't angry at Kyuji at all, merely frustrated at his own situation. He'd had this task thrust upon him, been given little to no information, and he knew the Aikayume had the power to drag his name through the mud if he abandoned the quest. His fists would clench as he tried to think of anything that could help him. Taking a few paces and stopping, he turned to Kyuji again. "That night in the Red lights district...Azusa took your eyes yes?" He asked, already pretty sure he knew the answer.

"It's possible that whoever's doing this is trying to mimic that act. I-if that's the case. It would be someone who has a vendetta against Azusa, and someone who knew what happened down in the Red lights so they could copy it. Someone who's trying to frame her." He looked up and around the room. Bringing himself back to reality before looking towards Kyuji again. "Of course I could be entirely wrong and it could just be a coincidence, but currently it's more of a lead than I've had thus far." He sighed.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would appear initially that dearest Riyota was somewhat confused after I spoke as he likely assumed that someone or somebody would have informed me of what transpired after I collapsed against Aikayume Azusa on that faithful and fiery night. Unfortunately, nobody actually did and when he began to speak about it, he likely could see a hint of annoyance surface on my face at the mention of his father, Miroku Akkuma. If nobody had any idea of why this occurred, one needed only to go back in the timeline and reread some of the incidents and issues that surfaced ultimately from his father laying his hands on the Aikayume priestess of the time, Aikayume Azusa. Hearing the name of Miroku Akkuma and what he did after I collapsed was certainly troubling to say the very least as this demon was known for doing questionable things when he got his hands on someone or something which was evidenced by the current Toraono head trying to murder me numerous times and this boy in front of me being cursed with a questionable body. However, one could not blame Akkuma exactly for what happened to me since I did not have enough information to accuse him of doing it, but I felt like he had a hand in my current state.

But, I could not reflect too heavily on this as my second cousin, maybe I don't know, would continue to speak to me asking if I truly had no information for him tensely. It would appear that the damned child of a demon was seeming to hit another dead-end in his investigation for the Aikayume Clan even though they felt like I would be a valuable asset to this investigation. I truthfully had not even heard of what occurred in their clan and I could only assume that it was someone who had a personal vendetta against them or their former priestess who was reigning over the Toraono Clan even though she severally lacked the experience and knowledge to truly guide the family into the future. Nevertheless, the boy would continue speaking and mention something about Azusa taking my eyes which had me express myself with a peculiar look on my face as the boy could tell that I was confused and likely also a little concerned that someone of noble blood would do something so heinous. But if Riyota was telling the truth, I had no room to tell him that he was wrong and I had to believe him right now since he seemed to show no expressions of sarcasm or sound like he was joking. However, it would be fair to say that I was skeptical at the very least.

Before I could respond, he would continue simply staying that he had an assumption that whoever did the crime likely was mimicking the act and had a personal vendetta against Azusa to the point that they were trying to frame her. That wasn't a completely incorrect assumption that someone likely had a vendetta against her or her clan to do an act so heinous like that to the Aikayume Clan. But, who exactly would have tried something so dangerous like that to just get some revenge? It seemed unlikely but stranger things had happened before and that for sure as I was a woman someway and somehow. Nevertheless, all possibilities had to be left on the table for now until we could narrow down our options.

However before we continued handling his situation, there were some matters for me to address about that fateful night in the Red Light District and in particular about what transpired after I had been knocked out. It seemed a lot occurred while I was out cold and thus, I needed to try to get as much information out of this child's brain as physically possible. "Let me make sure that I am understanding this right. After I was knocked out by Azusa, she took my eyes out of their sockets and what did she do with them exactly?" I would ask initially to try to get some understanding of what happened. But before he could respond, I would continue with the following: "I assume that Akkuma took my body after the eyes were already taken out. But, you have no idea what he did with my body nor where he took us? Are you sure that you are not leaving any of the information out here to save your ass. Because if you are aware of what he did to me, that would be some valuable information since I have no idea how I am a woman right now and I have no leads on who or what made me this way. I am well aware that Lord Byakko has no idea what transpired nor does anyone in the Byakko Clan so my assumption would lead to your father due to his acts that he caused in the past. Of course, I cannot exactly accuse him entirely since I do not have any true evidence other than speculation." Oh, I was annoyed as I talked which was easily conveyed through my voice, but also could be easily distinguished simply by my body language as I was slightly shaking with anger as I spoke. I truly felt bad for little Riyota as he was dealing with me after finding out all this information, but the child did open up a huge can of issues that likely would have to be addressed individually with these people if one could find Akkuma and if Azusa would be enough of a woman to speak to me and not let her ego dictate her words.

In any case, I would finish speaking to him by simply saying the following: "Do you have any other information like who else was there with you and Akkuma? I know Kyushiko was there because she gave you the antidote to cure Azusa, but you failed to do it. I need as much information as possible so I can know what happened and try to piece together what exactly transpired that got us to the situation that we have on hand with you and other matters. So please, speak up and be honest. I rather you tell me everything and I be upset than you hid something to protect me."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed Riyota had let slip more information than he had intended to towards the ignorant medic chief. Kyuji was now demanding more answers, sure in her mind that he knew more than he actually did. Riyota tried to explain himself in a sympathetic tone, but when Kyuji began to sound like she was accusing him of withholding information to save himself, the younger shinobi began to get annoyed. He had never, in his life done anything just to spare himself, and now he was having his word questioned by someone whom had nearly killed him in his childhood.

"I'm sorry I can't help you with your answers. Really, I am. There was an awful lot of smoke and fire everywhere which made it hard to see what was going on, and trust me-!" He paused, raising his prosthetic right arm for her to clearly see. "You're not the only one who lost things that night.
We all stormed in to stop Azusa from killing you, and for that, I lost my arm. So don't you ever, ever, accuse me of trying to save my own ass!"
He finished, his ticked off expression still evident in his face as he lowered his arm.

"I've told you all I know and that's it. If you want answers, go speak to my Father. If you feel that you need to kill him, be my guest, because at this point if you don't then I will." Riyota stepped away from Kyuji, preparing to make his exit.

"Stop acting like you've bore all the suffering in the world, you could've wound up far worse." Riyota said to her darkly, looking into her eyes with a sense of disdain. "Now I have stuff I need to do, thanks for meeting with me. Let's catch up soon. I'll still buy the drinks..." Perhaps the young man had overreacted, perhaps his retort was born less of Kyuji's own statement and more from Riyota's own pent-up fear, frustration and worry of things to come.

In either case, his point had been made, and he moved to continue his investigation.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As I stood there listening to this teenager respond to me, I was left absolutely speechless by the way that his tone and attitude towards me had changed so quickly. True, I somewhat deserved it for being an absolute asshole with some of my comments, but I needed answers and he was there so he had a first-hand account of what transpired and he clearly failed to do what was expected of him when I went down. However, I couldn't necessarily fault him for his actions back then or now since Aikayume Azusa was a strong-headed, egoistical maniac who only cared about herself and did not care what happened to anyone around her from sensei to lover to strangers; that was made apparently numerous times in her life as I had been a part of many of the things that transpired. In all honesty, it was likely partially my fault for how she acted since I didn't do a good enough job to tame her and guide her down the right path, but then again, she also strayed from it by getting involved in a meeting between the demon, Akkuma, and I and also getting herself infected.

Nevertheless, it seemed our conversation had ended as Riyota had to showcase his arm to me before a young white-haired woman would appear in front of him with a tight outfit on her body and eyes that looked like they were going to kill anything that got in her way. In all honesty, her aura around her felt quite murderous and she didn't seem to be too thrilled with what had transpired between us as she looked back at me shaking her head before addressing the young man in front of her. Those eyes told me all that I needed to know and that Kyushiko would handle the rest of this as I crossed my arms.

As she took a step towards him, her eyes were large and fixated on dearest Riyota from the look of things from where I stood. But, she would drop a huge amount of information that I was unaware of that likely would aid our cousin in his mission for the Aikayume Clan. She would speak the following: "We meet again, Riyota. I have been listening to you speaking to Father and I know exactly who you are looking for as we have been investigating him for quite some time. Shall I tell you who he is and what you are going to be up against before you rush into battle or should I keep it quiet from you and let you figure it out. The man that you are looking for is in the Red Light District and he is a collector of sorts. He has some sick fascination with body parts and sells them to the highest bidder when the right offer comes along. He would likely be the culprit behind this eye-stealing from the Aikayume Clan."

She would then pause to allow him to absorb the information as well as me before she would resume talking: "Shall I continue? We have a name, age, description, and practically everything about him. The problem is he is quite good at concealing his presence when he knows that people are watching him so he will likely ambush you if you are not watching your surroundings and with a prosthetic arm, he will likely be targeting you. So what shall it be, Riyota of the Miroku Clan and lover of Aikayume Azusa?" Her arms would cross in front of her as she tilted her head at him and gave him a simple smile. Internally, she was laughing hysterically because he was likely going to agree to these terms since he didn't know any better and was going to unofficially help the ANBU take care of another criminal that lurked in the Red Light District which would likely please the 10th Kazekage and definitely her father who had been working himself like a dog prior to the incident in the District against Azusa to try to cleanse the streets. But, he also could surprise her and put two and two together and save himself a lot of time and effort. Only time would tell.
OOC: Topic entered with unofficial NPC, Byakko Kyushiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Riyota briskly stormed away, wanting to be out of the building as quickly as possible it appeared one fox was not content with him leaving the den quite yet. It was a figure he didn't recognise. Or at least couldn't remember. She seemed to know him but for his part he was struggling to put a name to a face. Regardless he allowed her to finish what she had to say to him, he leant against the wall and absorbed what was being said. It seemed she had more of a lead for him than anyone else had had thus far and so he was certainly interested in her proposition. Still he could tell there was something about this girl he couldn't trust. Yet not being the wisest, most insightful person around. He couldn't quite place his finger on why, or how exactly he was being manipulated. At this point he was just happy to hear somebody was pointing him in some kind of direction.

"Ah yes, hello again...you..." Riyota returned the greeting, badly trying to cover up the fact that he did not recognise the girl. "So...if I've got this correct, in exchange for telling me who you're looking for, you want me to act as bait for you?" He asked, fairly certain that was what the catch to her deal was, given the way she had phrased it. "Well, it certainly wouldn't be the first time I've played that role, and you do make quite a tempting offer." He thought for a few moments, pacing slowly back and forth as he tapped his chin, mulling over his options. After some consideration he sighed, and with a slightly defeated expression he nodded. "Very well, I accept your offer." He told her with a sigh, not extending his hand to shake on it as this was a formality he had never quite learned.

With that it seemed his fate for the rest of the assignment had been sealed. He would listen to Kyushiko's briefing and the proceed with the final stages of his investigation. 'Are all chuunin exams this convoluted?' He wondered.

[MFT]
[Moving to part 3 unless there's more to be done here?]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she stood there with her arms crossed in front of her, she would give a small smirk as she listened to him respond to her. His words, to a normal person, would've felt like sharp pricks into the body as he slung simplistic insults at her, but this was the bizarre, strange, and darker member of the Byakko Clan that he was talking to and someone who had decided to go a different route than her father and mother had done. These "insults" were nothing to her and she would allow him to finish speaking to her before cracking her neck and putting a finger to her lips for a moment in what appeared to be pondering.

However, it was not pondering at all but something that she slowly had begun to do prior to responding with some witty and sarcastic in response. This was not one of those times though as the daughter of the descendant of Byakko and the head of the Byakko Clan would simply respond to this boy: "Excellent! That is great to hear, Riyota. Let me give you some more information about him before we send you off to take care of him and eliminate another problem for the Byakko Clan, Aikayume Clan, and the entire village. His name is Hideyoshi Saburo and as I said before, he is currently in the Red Light District conducting his business. Usually, we have found that he does most of his business dealings during the night within the shadows so he is not seen by the ANBU or another shinobi from our village that would arrest him on the spot. Now, you are probably asking how we did not catch him and yet, we know a lot about him. You see we have something that he does not have which is simply our backgrounds in the shinobi arts so we have advanced techniques to track him. Unfortunately, he has learned how to conceal his presence and only makes himself visible when he is conducting business which has been quite problematic. That is why I am telling you all of this...I want you to take care of him by any means necessary and you do not have to bring him back alive. You will likely however want to bring something off his person back to get paid for your time by the village and also to have the Aikayume Clan file out the proper paperwork to have the village promote you."

There would then be a brief pause as she actually did ponder something this time before giggling to herself and looking at the boy once more with her unnatural eyes glowing which was something that her mother and father used to do when they got excited in some aspect. In any case, she would then simply say: "I will not keep you though. Go ahead, Riyota and if you succeed on this mission, I will get you connected with one of the higher ups in the ANBU for a possible promotion into the branch if that is something that you'd fancy. But, there is no time to waste! You should leave meow!"

As soon as he would depart from this luxurious home that housed one of the most prestigious clans in all of Wind Country, the daughter of mine would look at me with a tilt of her head and a smile. I knew exactly what she had done in front of me sending him off like this to handle a problem in the Red Light District that was unrelated to what the Aikayume Clan truly were seeking. It was true that someone from their clan had been assassinated and their eyes plucked, but little did they know that the individual who had been chosen for these eyes had been me according to what my daughter told me. Apparently when I was knocked out by my former apprentice, an eye transplant must have occurred with this new body of mine since the old eyes were failing or that is what I had been told by Kyushiko. In all honesty, she had not been able to tell me much about what happened aside from the fact that someone had grabbed my body, which I learned was Akkuma, and I had awoken in this new body of mine without much of an explanation at all. So many things were still unsolved, but time surely would tell me what was going on.

After the Miroku boy was well on his way, I would turn my back from the entrance and proceed to go further into my home with my daughter following closely behind. We had other matters to take care of before the end of the day and it was unlikely that Riyota would be back anytime soon. Hopefully, he would be able to handle whatever my daughter had thrown at him in the Red Light District, but I had my doubts.
OOC:
  • Topic left with Byakko Kyuji and Byakko Kyushiko unless stopped.
  • Good luck on the last part of your exam!

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back