Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Wild Hunt [A Rank Mission]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”You know what we have to do here, right?” Yatamaru would question Kurusu, a blatant look of expectation on the man’s wooden face. Still, the ANBU would immediately answer, not giving the other man any time to respond. ”We’re going to have to catch it in the act, If we had the time, I could develop a puppet to help us track this thing down; unfortunately, time isn’t a luxury right now.” Kurusu would gaze the Puppeteer for a moment before replying. ”We just need to discount the fact we do not know who the werewolf actually is, if there is one to begin with. Nor who he might attack to sate his hunger, assuming these attacks did not sate it. You’re still correct though, we need to catch it.”

”Let’s look out for an hints as to what happened last night, too. Something tells me the villagers might be conducting their own monster hunt around here.” the ANBU would advise after hearing Kurusu saying they should take a short detour at the tavern before going into the Governor’s house. The government contact would nod once, acknowledging Yatamaru’s suggestion. ”Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise? If the werewolf shows up, and they were all gathered in one open place...” the Puppeteer would declare, pausing as he reached a dreadful conclusion. ”… it would really be hard to defend everyone.” Kurusu would nod once again, but he would not stay silent as before. ”Yes, we could have a slaughter in our hands, although I doubt we will such a thing. Have you not noticed how everyone seems so relaxed despite the three murder cases? I would never be so at ease if I lived in a place with three murders happening recently and no culprit found, no evidence found, nothing. Yet, they are very relaxed and the governor is having a feast in our honor. Something is wrong here. I just can’t pinpoint what exactly.”

Upon entering the tavern, Kurusu would immediately go to his room, after asking for the number and key. Yatamaru would immediately recognize the man behind the counter as the guy he saw beating the woman on the other night. Any attempts to approach the guy would be craftily countered by the bartender, either by going for the kitchens or taking care of a customer’s order. The tavern was packed full and the buzz of a multitude of conversations going on at the same place was very audible. The government contact would eventually descend from his room, 30 minutes later. He was virtually identical, thus one had to wonder what he had been doing for the past half hour. ”Shall we?” he would inquire before exiting the tavern and taking the path that lead to the Manor. They would not be alone on that path, numerous villagers were also going to attend the feast, perhaps almost half the village would be there by the looks of it.

Upon reaching the porch, they would see a very embellished building, abundantly decorated for the occasion. Candles created a path toward the entrance of the house and dozens of smokeless torches littered the main hall where the feast was to be held. Everything was crystal clean, sparkling even. Everyone attending had chosen their best clothing and the governor, as massive as he was already, had chosen an outfit that made him even bigger. ”Welcome guest of honor. You’re to seat at my side today.” the mayor would welcome them, motioning for them to take a seat on each side of his own chair, right at the end of a very long wooden table. Hearing those words, everyone else would calmly walk toward their seat as if they had rehearsed everything before. As they walked toward their destined seat, Kurusu would give Yatamaru a cautionary look, as if he was trying to pass on the message that the ANBU should pay attention to everything that was going to happen. After everyone had sat, dozens of waiters began their work. At least ten different dishes were brought into the table along with a dozen different wines. As food and beverage were consumed, the natural buzz of people talking gradually rose in height. Kurusu ate everything he was served in silence, but he never ate the all portion. He did not touch any wine at all, always favoring water. After all ten dishes had been fully digested, the Mayor would practically jump from his seat.

”Ladies and Gentlemen. Today is a very special occasion, we are to be graced by his Eminence’s presence. Behold…” he would announce, his voice beaming. His right arm would point toward the door, where the most beautiful woman in the world would show up. She was dressed in white. She had fair skin, pitch black eyes and raven, shoulder-length, smooth hair. Her lips were full and very red. She entered the hall graciously and as she walked toward the Mayor, every conversation quieted down until there was utter silence in the room. ”Lady Sakura, what do we owe this honor?” the Governor would question, his posture completely subservient to the newcomer. ”I’ve heard you have two guests. I‘ve come to meet them.”<i></i> she would say. Her voice was gentle, but also carried a tone of hidden power.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[current: 846]
[total: 5132]​
I guess I'm not the only one getting concerned over this whole mess. I'll take that.

Jack seemed concerned as well, but on something else. Yatamaru had been too busy focusing on the murders themselves to take notice, but now that Jack mentioned it the relative calm of this village in the wake of such terrible circumstances was a bit strange. Even if they were "coyote" attacks, anyone in their right mind should have started to be concerned after the first death. These murders are clearly not normal. Maybe the villagers don't know? Maybe they do know, and are in on it? Maybe they're all being manipulated from the shadows? Torrents, rivers, and waterfalls of possibilities poured out of his subconscious, forcing the detective to reconsider everything — and he meant everything.

"We should assume we're walking into a trap here." The possibility was high. No, it was almost certain. But so what if they were? Yatamaru couldn't speak for Jack, but he held up pretty well in fights. Whoever you are, you don't scare me. He could take it.

The two of them entered into the tavern, met with a boisterous and buzzing crowd. Laughter and arguments filled the great hall, the nose-tickling aroma of malt liquor and heavy spirits in the air. Immediately, Yatamaru spotted him: the man from last night was tending the bar. Jack mentioned that he was going up to his room for a bit, to which Yatamaru paid but a passing thought, wondering what his partner was off to do, before moving on. He had other pressing matters to attend to. Approaching the counter with a smile and a bill in hand, the man quickly grew dismayed when he saw the bartender turning away from him. Strange. He shouldn't have recognized me. Something was definitely wrong.

Yatamaru tried again, and again, but no matter what he did the bartender would not serve him. This isn't good. Does he remember me somehow? He wondered whether anyone else knew he was involved, suddenly feeling a strange sense of danger. A premonition, of sorts?

Jack returned shortly, almost exactly as he'd left. "Do anything fun?" Yatamaru teased, poking fun at Jack's unexplained absence as they headed towards the door. The puppeteer wasn't actually too concerned, however, and quickly began to fill his partner in. "That bartender? He's the guy from last night. Won't take my order, no matter what — I think, somehow, he knows it was me." How he knew that, however, was a mystery to Yatamaru. He hadn't shown his face last night, nor did he reveal any shinobi skills today. More importantly; if he knows, his buddies know. Now if only we knew who he's working with...

Following the path to the manor, Yatamaru noticed the large procession that walked along with them. Half the village, by the looks of it. I guess it beats sitting around at home for them, huh? What else can they do in a town like this, anyways? The path to the manor was short, and in no time at all the largest building in the village came into view. Resplendent and grand, decorated lavishly and tastefully for this very occasion, the building looked to be in pristine condition. Everything was so much larger than life, designed to flaunt, and show off, without actually saying a word. Boring, and a waste of time. People that speak with their wallets are of no interest to me. Yatamaru wasn't into such frivolities, but a job was a job. He would endure this gilded torture.

The first annoyance of the night: assigned seating. The two were called to the head of the table as the governor's honored guests, sitting on either side of him. The two exchanged a cautionary glance, then sat down for a long, drawn out, meal. Ten goddamn courses?! Even when I used to eat, I don't think I could've handled this much. On that subject, Yatamaru did eat. Even though he lacked a stomach, that didn't mean he couldn't convert the spare calories into chakra for later use. Plus it's easier than coming up with an excuse not to eat.

"His Eminence?" Yatamaru almost didn't believe what he was hearing. You're kidding me! There's another layer to all of this? That's when she walked in: Lady Sakura. Her fair skin and white clothes made her raven black hair and deep red lips pop, exuding an aura of dominance, gentle grace, and fearsome power. Yatamaru knew right away not to mess with her. Especially since she's exactly my type.

The puppeteer flashed his partner a concerned look. He kept turning his fork over in his hands, obsessively. Should we blow our cover? She might know what's going on, though. Yatamaru was willing to go along with it for now, keep quiet, and hopefully learn something — they could fight their way out if necessary. She spoke, but not to them. It seemed fair to wait until spoken to, and he didn't want to give her any information, accidentally or otherwise, by speaking when unnecessary.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"We should assume we're walking into a trap here." Yatamaru would note as they approached the tavern. Kurusu would nod back before sharing his thoughts on that subject. "I am most certain we are, but we have the edge here. We know it is most likely a trap, but they do not know we know it is one. And I bet all things will be revealed at the dinner party." he would note. Was he being overly optimistic and over confident? Perhaps, but the government contact was a veteran of many missions and wars. He had seen and experienced many things in his time and he had developed a knack for being right most of the time. Once inside the tavern they would part ways. Kurusu to do something the ANBU would be unable to know what and the Human Puppeteer would attempt to have words with the bartender, the guy he had recognized as the nasty individual that was beating a woman in the previous night. After many failed attempts, the Government Contact would return to the main room and they would exit the building together. "Do anything fun? That bartender? He's the guy from last night. Won't take my order, no matter what — I think, somehow, he knows it was me." Yatamaru would share with the older man. Kurusu would nod again. "Perhaps he does which is odd but there is little we can do about it at this time. Once we return, I'll talk with him." he would tell the ANBU. He agreed with the Puppeteer, if the guy was actively dodging any contact without cause, then there was something wrong, especially if he was the only person being avoided.

The ten course dinner was going on its course when another element was rapidly added to the equation. A female, fair and apparently powerful entered the room. Her presence alone muted the entire room and the Governor seemed completely subservient, even going as far as offering his own chair to the newcomer. Before she did seat on it, Yatamaru would flash Kurusu with a concerned look, which was quickly mimicked back. The Government Agent wasn't like it either. He had no files on her, nothing indicating her existence, when Sunagakure had most people registered in its census. Who was she? "So tell me handsome one, what has brought you into my house?" Lady Sakura would question the ANBU directly, actively ignoring the other man from Sunagakure. She was leaning toward Yatamaru, playing with a thread of her hair. She would cross her legs and she would, purposefully, swing the one on top so her feet would connect with ANBU's from time to time. Kurusu would do everything from his side to flash a very concerned look with the Puppeteer, trying to convey him a silent message. "Be careful with what you share!"

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[current: 407]
[total: 5539]​
Me and my big metal mouth.

Just as soon as he thought to not speak until spoken to, so as to avoid detection and possible traps, the mistress with the grace of a thousand women spoke directly to him. His "heart" skipped a beat. His grip tightened on his fork. He would have been noticeably sweating had he not lost the ability to do so years ago. His eyes finally had a chance to drink in the sight of her — instantly regretting giving into her siren's call, he used every ounce of willpower in his reserve to restrain himself from blurting out everything of interest to her.

Keep it together, man. We've gotta get out of here! There's other fish out there!

But none were a catch quite like her. She was bewitching. Charming, even. He should have stuck to speaking about business, but instead he lead with, "You really think I'm handsome?" He had a stupid grin on his face, and he had been trying to cut food that wasn't on his plate since she'd spoken to him. He looked like a glorified lapdog, rather than an invading shinobi.

"My word, did you say this was your house? Lady Sakura, ma'am, please accept my humblest thanks!" He extended one hand with his palm held upwards, waiting for her to take his hand. If she graced him with the honor, he would gently plant a single kiss upon the tops of her fingers — if she did not, he would wordlessly retract his hand and flash her a look of pure adoration. Either way, he would thusly speak, "Getting to eat such wonderful food is always a treat! And to be able to do so in the company of such a lovely and graceful woman as yourself...why, it just brings joy to my heart." He wasn't lying. He absolutely meant every single word he said. However, he'd completely avoided her actual question.

More specifically, he couldn't really answer her question. Not without giving them up in a big way. He couldn't allow that. Play the fool, but a clever fool. He acted like he was just another guest, hoping that she didn't already know he was an intruder. But if she knows, then there's nothing I can do anyways. He'd have to press on, and try his hand at deception.

Besides, maybe he'd get lucky and seduce a foxy werewoman while he was at it.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You really think I'm handsome?" Yatamaru would question out of the blue. He had a ridiculous grin on his face and he had been trying to cut something on his plate that was not there at all. If there was a moment for a facepalm, this was one and Kurusu was starting to feel the urge to do an epic one. "My word, did you say this was your house? Lady Sakura, ma'am, please accept my humblest thanks!" he would further state as he extended his hand toward Sakura. She wouldn't accept the ANBU's appendage immediately. First she would feign shyness, but a heartbeat later she would eagerly accept the hand. As soon as physical contact was made, all the follicles on Kurusu's arm and the back of his neck would rise. Something was wrong, he could feel it. Something was amiss with that woman and since when was this her house? As far as they knew, this was the Manor of the local governor, not her property. He would further give the ANBU a look of warning but it would fall on blind eyes given the guy was all enamored by the newcomer. As soon as he killed the tips, Yatamaru would start to feel a foreign presence in his mind, something very subtle, something trying to sway his emotions and will toward a specific path. One that he was not aware off yet, but would soon be revealed to him. Her body was emanating pheromones whose sole purpose was to arouse males around her and make them more inclined to accept her words. Kurusu, so far, was seemingly unaffected, something Sakura was aware off. She would glance the Governor, passing a silent message that had been clearly understood. The fattest man of the world would give her a subtle nod. "Honored guests, I beg your pardon but I need to take care of something I just remembered. I will return shortly and, in the meantime, please enjoy the feast."

"Getting to eat such wonderful food is always a treat! And to be able to do so in the company of such a lovely and graceful woman as yourself...why, it just brings joy to my heart." the ANBU from Sunagakure would blab out as the Governor left the room. With him, would also leave a few of the attendants. Sakura would giggle upon hearing those words. "You are adorable. I would like to better know you, perhaps in a more private environment?" she would invite, her voice enticing, gentle and sexual, all at the same time. "Your underling is not invited though." she would quickly add, her voice acquiring a subtle hint of anger, as if Kurusu had done something to make her angry. Immediately, several of the remaining attendants would draw near to the two Sunan officers, most of them congregating around the older man. "So what do you say?" she would question again. She was now practically seating on Yatamaru's lap if he had allowed her.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[current: 493]
[total: 6032]​
Subtle sensations swirled swiftly through Yatamaru's mind, slowing his senses and scrambling his scrutiny. At the very edges of his mind, it pushed and pulled him in an effort to sway his schemes and squander his stratagems. She's a charlatan; a witch; a siren, singing her song of doom! He stopped, wondering if this subterfuge was more risk than reward, then shook off the specter of doubt. The show must go on. Keep on a smile. Stall.

He found that, despite what he could feel was her attempt to invade his mind, he could still command himself well. Yet again, his lack of a body paid off. But he wasn't out of the woods yet: she still wanted to separate the two of them. She whispered sweetened words of silk, tempting him into betrayal.

"Know me, eh?" What was this, the days of Primus? These days, people just called it 'fading to black'; Yatamaru had never quite understood why, though, since no one in their right mind would want to skip through something like that. For her to use such archaic terminology seemed to give her an older, more aged feel. And yet, her charm was timeless. "I'm actually a bit more partial to open spaces. Adds to the excitement, you understand?" A quick wink would assure her he was most definitely serious.

Then came the venom.

Furiously, and with the added physical heft of the myriad of attendant guards, ready for combat at any given moment, she denounced Sour Jack and made it quite explicit that he was not welcome. This would not do.

"Oh, well, there's actually a thing about that." By this point, he couldn't avoid her being on his lap. It seemed like whether he wanted her there or not, she'd end up where she wanted. However, her strategic advantage may have forgotten to account for something. As she nestled herself in, he continued with a devious undertone in his voice, "See, I have a thing for voyeurs. Helps to set the mood. He's my right hand man; it just wouldn't be the same without him." Shortly afterwards, her seat got a little bumpy. His words were comical, but his face was serious. She might try to press the issue, but this was his line in the sand.

"Ma'am, what's the harm in a little fly on the wall? He won't say a word, I promise."

Yatamaru could feel the tension rising. Guards were closing in all around them, the so-called Governor, who seemingly wielded nothing more than the illusion of power, had left them, and the routes left to them for escape were growing fewer and fewer. The puppeteer was preparing for battle, reading himself mentally to attempt to take the fair Lady hostage. He hoped it wouldn't come to that, but he was not foolish enough to shirk the responsibility of coming up with a backup plan. Right?

Right. Totally. Backup plans. He had those. Right.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yatamaru would allow her to seat on his lap, he would allow her to whisper invitiations right on his hear, but he would not be swayed by the pheromones her body was emanating. Having a puppet body was a big plus and considering the fact he had a strong will to begin with, made the ANBU practically immune to what the woman was trying to pull off. He would try to play devious with her but she had those tricks countless times before. As the rest of the crowd congregated around them, more of them around Kurusu, the more Lady Sakura would do her best to distract the Puppeteer. "Leave him be. He is but a worm, worthless of you."</COLOR><i></i> she would declare, a hint of anger present in her voice. <COLOR color="#800000">"You are so much more. So worthy." Lady Sakura would state, her voice returning to the same mellow tone she used when speaking to the ANBU. With a subtle motion of her head, the attack would commence. Dozens of citizens would move to attack the Government contact at once. "Watch out! She is not what she seems." those would be the only words he would be able to speak before he was swarmed. Kurusu would disappear in a cloud of smoke as the first male tried to punch. In his stead, a log armed with a primed explosive note, which would swiftly explode knocking a few of the attackers.

Lady Sakura leaped off the lap of Yatamaru and she would growl. In fact, several, if not most of them, of the peasants in the room were mutating. They were gaining muscle mass and fur of a multitude of colors. Some gray, some brown, some white and the rest black. A snout was forming over their mouths and their canines warped into fangs. Growls would feel the room. Lady Sakura, herself, had also changed. Her skin was incredibly pale now and her eyes had turned pitch black. She had lost most of her clothing but had gained some sort of armor that seemed to be made of bark. "YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE. YOU ARE ALL MINE NOW." she would shout as most of the werewolf army lunged to attack them both. Kurusu was ready for them though. His hands would fly through an impressive array of handseals and he would erect a barrier that would place all werewolves, plus Sakura and himself, inside, while the ANBU would remain outside. "Go. Return to Sunagakure. Find the Occult Sennin, tell him what has happened here, tell him I did with honor, protecting the village I love." he would order the ANBU as his torso was slashed multiple times by the werewolves. He would cough blood. "GO!" he would command once more time before turning away and making his way into Hades a memorable one.

Topic Left.

OC:
Mission over and successful, go request your rewards.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Everything happened so fast.

Lady Sakura was no lady. A werewolf queen, it seemed, with a penchant for luring in fresh blood for her pack. Yatamaru hadn't expected things to pick up like this, to escalate so rapidly, or for Sour Jack to be such a god-damn legend. He reacted immediately, erecting a barrier to trap the pack and their queen within, giving Yatamaru a chance to escape. But at what cost? As the puppeteer's mind caught up, still reeling from the torrent of changing information about him, he watched in slow motion as Sour Jack was ripped apart, alive, by the gnawing, growling, snarling fangs and snouts of the ravenous tribe of half-men.

"Jack, you bastard!" Yatamaru had to force his legs to move. He had to grab hold of his will and force it down the path he needed to walk, despite the tug of his heart and conscious to save his only recently acquired friend. "You're supposed to tell him that yourself! God damn it, man!" He had barely known the man, but they were both operatives from Sunagakure. He felt for him. For his comrade. For his partner. For the man he'd let get eaten, because of his own ineptitude and blindness to the danger of the situation. Sour Jack hadn't needed to die.

Yet Yatamaru also knew that this mission wasn't over. He had to get back to Sunagakure. Report what happened. His feet carried him out of the meeting room, and out the front doors. Down the path, out the front of the village, and towards his home. Yatamaru tried to fight back the deep sadness, the crushing guilt, that was building inside him. The self-blame. The regret. The shame. He realized, as he ran, that he still had some alcohol left. A little something to dull the pain...

Yatamaru didn't know how long he'd been running. He wasn't keeping track. He could run all day, and all night, without getting tired. He'd made it to the village, without stopping, because he knew he needed to get here. He knew Kazuki needed to be warned. And yet, having down the last of his vodka in a desperate, selfish, attempt to ward off the emotional hurt of realizing how badly he'd messed up tonight, he had compromised his ability to properly give that report. Yatamaru was not right. He was having horrible flashbacks to his past, to the days under Mikaboshi and the horrible under-cover missions he'd participated in during that time, and felt his sanity leaving him for the moment.

Somehow, the man made it home. Somehow, he began to fill out the proper report meant to be given to Kazuki. Somehow, he had finished it. And yet, somehow, the report was never sent. Yatamaru, too drunk that night to remember why he was drinking so much again, forgot. Eventually he left his house to roam the streets in search of more distractions, more vain attempts to ward off the emotional baggage he'd inflicted on himself, until the report and Sour Jack's sacrifice was lost to the night.

Yatamaru was not doing so well. He was starting to bottom out.

[ooc]
Mission Completed, Topic Left. Only took me like a year to leave this mission. >__>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back