Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Thinking of the past [Specialties]

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[This is stupidly unrealistic even when it comes to NC standards, but hey. I mean how do we define real world continents Q.Q]
[Working for Herbalism]

“Atropa belladonna is still one of the deadliest poisons around. People have often confused its berries for blueberries, which has lead to many deaths. It still has various applications such as medicine, but it was also used to make women prettier in years past. It has an effect of relaxing muscles and can therefore make your eyes seem bigger because the pupils dilate.” Miki quickly repeated the extract from the book as she spun the flower in her hands. It was surprising to still find these in the wilds, especially so close to a village. ”This has to be the problem. You said your wife got those berries from here, correct?” The medic asked, but she could already feel the answer from the man. He was absolutely terrified and even more so after she told him what the flower was. ”It is treatable, but I'll need to go find some plants, because this isn't something I have on me. Go back to the village and make sure to tell the others to avoid eating the berries. Take it.” Miki passed the flower to the terrified man, who just barely managed to make himself take it from her hands.

'If I remember what I read in that book Calabar bean it is then. Hopefully there is some around here. If not this isn't going to end well at all.' The medic thought as she quickly moved chakra into her legs and into each muscle fibre. Just seconds later she was running at her top speed, looking for any signs of the Physostigma venenosum. At least the plant grew up to about 13-15 meters, so it wasn't that hard to spot even at relatively high speeds. If she remembered right the book stated that this was still a very risky cure to use. Even though it should counter the belladonna it could in fact just make it a quicker death. There was quite a few risks, but she was hoping to contain them

It took her close to an hour of running until she finally spotted something, which might actually be what she was looking for. Miki quickly stopped, just barely avoiding a nearby tree, and rushed towards the perennial plant. It was at least ten meters tall for sure with large seed pods and pale-pink flowers. She reached into one of the multiple pouches on her belt and took a small leather-bound book from it. Miki quickly flipped the pages until she found the Physostigma venenosum plant. The diagram seemed to be it, so there was no real doubt anymore. She quickly put the book back and equipped herself with a pair of thick gloves and a knife.

What she was looking for in particular was the chocolate-brown beans, which were obviously within the pods. Miki quickly gathered a handful into a bag and set off towards the village. It was a crude method, but it would have to do.

“You are back. Did you find what you were looking for?” The husband of the victim greeted her from the outskirts with a hopeful look on his face. ”Yes, but I will need some very clean water, a mortar and a pestle quickly.” Miki quickly said without stopping her stride. At least his house was nearby, which was helpful.

By the time she took a cutting board out and prepared the beans she already had the mortar and the water. Miki set to crushing a couple of beans as much as she could and pored in some water as soon as she had finished. The milky-white liquid didn't seem dangerous at all, but she knew better than that. She had to hope that the dose would be right, because if it wasn't then even her with the assistance of chakra the patient would die. ”Place a thick towel underneath her pelvis and pray that I can get the dose right.” Miki said, but quickly noticed the confusion coming from the man. [color=408000]”She will probably piss herself, so you need the towel for that....”[/color] “Oh that is what you meant.” The man quickly brought a towel and it was time to begin.

The medic carefully made the woman drink the entire liquid contents of the mortar and focused chakra in her left hand. Hopefully she wouldn't have to really rely on this unfinished technique in order to keep the woman alive, but you could never be too careful. Miki placed her hand on the patients abdomen and slowly started moving her hand over her entire body. It would be a long process, considering how long it had been since the ingestion, but there was no real way around it.

It was already dark by the time she finished up, but it seemed like her gamble had worked. The woman was breathing much more steadily and her pupils weren't dilated anymore, which was a good sign. With some luck she would be better by morning. That didn't really mean Miki could rest, but at least it seemed like it had some sort of effect. The medic carefully withdrew her hand, dragging a bubble of chakra behind it. Normally her chakra had a greenish tinge to it, but now it had multiple different black spots within it. She carefully released the chakra bubble into a nearby bucket and wiped the sweat off her forehead. Her chakra reserves were dwindling quite badle, but hopefully she had done enough.

”Hopefully she will be better by tomorrow morning, but you need to make sure that everyone else is aware what the plant is. Go get some sleep for now and I will watch over her for tonight.....”

As much as she hoped that this was a one time occurrence it never seemed to stop. Over the six months of her travels there were numerous cases of people eating or touching what they shouldn’t in many of the villages she visited. Whether it was small things like poison ivy rashes, which were easy to treat, or things like belladonna poisoning, heck it was even worse sometimes. Even though she had spent years reading about all sorts of poisons and antidotes before she left it was still nowhere near enough. There always was something new, which she had never encountered before or hadn't didn't accurately remember. Somehow she had managed to save quite a few people, but still some had died and one had been her fault. Maybe he would have died no matter whether or not she had tried to help, but it still weighed on her conscience. This trip really had been quite the humbling experience so far, showing her just how little she actually knew, but it was slowly coming into place. Every new case she encountered gave her experience and she was slowly but surely building a name for herself when it came to dealing with toxic plants. Maybe by the time she went back home to the village she could call herself an expert or even a master when it comes to herbalism.

[I really have lost practice...]
[Topic Entered/Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back