Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Thoughts and Reflection (Open)

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was well past midnight when Ziren finally got out of the Byoin and was walking around the Village. It all seemed quiet, and lonely. A lot of the people have made it to the bunkers, his wife and children included. There was a slight breeze coming in, chilling him to his bones.

Today, he wore his usual outfit. Shirt and tie with some jeans. Glasses, worn over his bloodified eyes, not exactly hiding them, but helping him see clearer. He usually looked like a scholar, or a professor. But with the how the mood is tonight, he almost looks like a detective, just a worn out fedora would make him fit the part.

His blue hair moved slightly in the wind, as he walked down a lonely bit of street. Hands in his pocket as he roamed about. Just then, something came flying at him, it never hit, as it came to an abrupt stop.

"Hey, Blue Meister. You look absolutely horrid." Said the Nara Soul.

Ziren couldn't agree more, he felt horrible. Staying up to do work at the hospital, certainly drained him out on energy. "Yeah Anyu? And what have you been doing? Ghosting out? Not scaring anyone I hope."

The pale faced, black hair man huffed, "I've just been making myself visible to all others." Ziren gave him a death look, like he could just kill Anyu again. "What? I was kidding! Anyways, I am now seeable right now to others, because it's midnight. You know, when creepy spoopy things come out."

"You mean spooky, not spoopy." Ziren sighed. And then he added, "Well I guess you really aren't that scary to be spooky, so maybe you are the spoopy kind of spirit."

Anyu nodded, "Hm, at first I thought you were going to go into whole detail of why spoopy sounds stupid for a second."

Ziren shrugged his shoulders and they continued their walk down the night streets.

Inari Shiren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
E
Midnight. The time when the barrier set between his senses and the otherworldly was weakest. At least, that's what he thought...really he had no idea. He'd been spending a day late at the library researching it to find out, but he came up with nothing. There were plenty of books he'd found on the subject while researching, talking about shinobi's connections to the spiritual world and all that, but there wasn't exactly much that remained the same among different accounts. Different religions it seemed had different ideas of how the afterlife operated, as well as quite a few traditions based on communicating with this other world that sat parallel to theirs. So far, it wasn't getting him much of anywhere to understanding why he could do what he was able to, but at least it made him feel less alone in knowing there were others like him, at the very least. He even found out about a whole clan of people that communicated with the spiritual world on the daily, the Tsuchimikaido. But unfortunately, even being able to talk to one was hard for a mere student like him...or finding one for that matter. He'd been asking plenty of people about it too, of course, his efforts usually ending up with him being brushed off as a kid with an overactive imagination, or treated as a delinquent looking for trouble by the more no-nonsense folk; even his dad seemed to take his experiences with ghosts and the dead with a grain of salt.

So here he was now, with no real leads or insight into himself...feeling odd and alone more than anything else. Walking the streets, ruminating on the subject, and just letting the ethereal ichor of the universe filter through the net that was his budding sixth sense. He was really half there more than anything, his eyes kept mostly down as he walked aimlessly. The cold breeze was just a bit distracting to him, but the heavy, black coat he was wearing kept it from chilling him too deeply. Even so...normally the nights were cool, but this cool? The wind almost felt like it was freezing to the pale skin of his face.

Just then, he felt something come upon him, brushing just behind him. Whirling around, he caught a minute glimpse of a spectre whooshing past him, seemingly headed towards the general direction of the Byoin. Odd...normally spirits he had met were a lot more sedentary than this, but this one would've knocked him flat on his face if he were corporeal with how he was flying. Judging by how it felt, it probably went into the alley right behind the curious youth...easy enough to follow, if he wanted to.

And so he did, half-walking and half-jogging through the narrow backstreets and alleys of Maple Town, following his intuition and the mental feeling of this thing that just passed him up, before finally coming upon one of the main drags that lead to the hospital. And...huh? He could see a spirit, that was for certain, clearly defined against the dim street lights and the night sky. But his proximity to that other guy...the alive one, that is, was really, REALLY strange. It was like they were two old friends going for a walk.

Shiren stepped out of the shadows...he was somewhat afraid of being rebuked again for asking a stupid question, but he felt he had to at least see what was going on with this weird situation here. "Uh...mister...are you feeling anything wrong at all? I think there's a dead guy next to you. I can help you talk to him if you want. Maybe he wants something from you...do you?" he said, turning a bit with a hopeful smile towards the soul he was beholding, splitting his ethereal gaze between the ghostly figure and the medical nin.

Sanyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

A young boy was still in the hospital, his green hair wild, face planted on a desk of papers, drool beginning to dry and connect him to the papers before a loud noise startled him awake. Jae's head jumped from the table, not quite taking a defensive stance but looking around feverishly for whatever made the noise, but it just seemed like it was people moving from room to room. He looked down at his papers, noticed a few were ruined because of him, but they were still readable, he'd just need to rewrite them the next time he was in. Pulling the paper that was connected to his face he placed the files together. He placed the folder in a spot that he could easily remembered and sighed. "I guess i should go home and sleep."

Anyone witnessing Jae leave the hospital would notice the heavy bags underneath his eyes, he had been at the hospital for several days now just going through files and studying, running diagnostics on patients and just overall being a busybody. He was told several times that there were others that could do his job so he didn't have to stay all the time, but every time he attempted to leave he was stopped by someone asking for help. Coffee was his friend even though he never drank until this day, but the addictive nature of caffeine will stick with him. As he left he realized how late it was, normally people would fear walking around this late at night, but Jae had no reason to worry.

As he was walking home he saw people ahead of him. He thought it was strange that anyone would be out and about this late anywhere near the hospital, but then he realized he was also one of those weird people. He recognized the long blue hair as one of the other medical shinobi in the hospital, though they've never really spoken before. Everyone was so busy, it was difficult for Jae to make connections even without the constant work. Jae thought about saying something but he looked to the other man. He didn't recognize him, and sure he could make small work chat with the medical shinobi, he wasn't sure how to interact with the other man.

Unfortunately, Jae was a fast walker and would eventually catch up and pass the two. He didn't want to seem like he was stalking them by purposely slowing his walking speed, but if he kept at his current pace he would eventually meet them. He sighed, he wasn't sure how they'd react if they felt like they were being followed so he kept at it. He took a deep breath as he was a few steps behind them before speaking up. Before he could say something, however, another boy jumped out from the shadows and accused the man next to the medical shinobi of being dead. The boy couldn't be that old, he could just be saying stuff to say them, but it stopped Jae in his tracks as he looked back and forth from the two groups. "I don't think he's dead..." Jae looked from the boy to the man who was being accused, "are you?"

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Hm?" Ziren heard the blood flow of two people nearing him. Such a thing was dangerous right now, as it was in the middle of the night, and that is a perfect time for enemies to strike.

The blue haired shinobi turned around just in time to see two boys, one slightly older, a bit familiar since he seen him around the hospital a time or two. Both of which were asking questions about Anyu. He looked over at the Nara Soul and sighed. "Anyu is his name. And yes, he is dead. And as for wanting something from me, it is the exact opposite. He has done wrong to the Village, and after his death, I gave him a chance. To right the wrongs that he has once done."

Anyu nodded. "Aye." The Nara soul then turned to Jae and said, "I'm just a small bit dead." He made a small space in between his fingers, as if to measure how much he is dead. "Anyways, Blue here was about to let me go a day or so ago, when I started to feel guilty about the whole incident, but then I decided to stick with him. Only to help him out."

Ziren nodded, and then said, "I suppose an introduction is in order. This ghostly companion of mine is Nara Anyu. And I am Chigokai Ziren, Medical Ninja for the Leaf." He waited for their reactions. The younger kid might not know, but the one that is also a medical ninja might know. Know of what a Chigokai is, something that Ziren is prepared to say, in case if he starts acting scared around him.

His clan is known for being sinister, their own use of using blood as part of their justsus. In case things take a turn, he already knows the words to say in order to calm people down. He's done it before, he can do it again.

Inari Shiren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
E
Upon the blue-haired doctor recognizing that there was in fact someone dead next to him, he was rather amazed. Adding onto that, the fact that this ebony-haired ninja that showed up was able to see this soul too... it was mindblowing for the young student. Shiren's mouth dropped a bit, and his ghostly eyes widened. "No way...you guys see him too?"

He would simply listen in amazement, his mind currently fixated on how that was at all possible. Based on what he knew of most people he met, what he saw out of the corner of his eyes or heard in his bed at night was nonexistent to them. The fact that this spirit was straight up visible was quite unusual. He only felt weak presences for the most part, even when near the graveyard he often went to to clear his mind. But it seemed like...Anyu, that was his name, based on the medical-nin's introduction and explanation, was in equally unusual circumstances.

Shiren bowed to the two ninja and the ghostly figure after his introduction. "I'm Inari Shiren...I train at the Academy I guess. Not as cool as being a medic or anything but...hopefully I'll graduate soon, actually be a shinobi and all. Learning's great and I know it's needed but, I actually wanna do something, yanno?" Judging by the polite, yet eerily calm smile on his face, he seemed unperturbed at the mention of the name Chigokai...he was somewhat ignorant of bloodlines and the like, as he came from a rather mundane family himself. In the meantime, as the new face would likely give his own introduction, he would take a few moments to mull this strange new situation over in his head. He'd read about exorcisms, forcing angry and broken spirits to leave the world and go into the afterlife...but binding them TO this world? It was something unheard of in what meager studies he'd completed on the esoteric.

"So like...how, how'd you do it? Making Anyu more right here than over there, I mean. Or is it like one of those crazy super-jutsu things Uchiha-sensei mentions in class but refuses to talk about afterwards? And Anyu, what's it like? Usually the spirits I hear sound a lot more...sad, I guess." He then turned to Jaeh, the smile he had lost somewhat at that last bit of his sentence perking up again. "And you sir, you came from the hospital too right? Can you do this stuff, like, can all medical ninja do thi-...OH SNAP, is this what happens to everyone who goes against the Leaf?! Duuuuuuude...it's...so weird but so cool at the same time...like...I thought people were against disturbing the dead and stuff. But this right here, this is some ANBU-level amazingness!" With the excitement plastered on his face, it was clear he was fantasizing and fanboying as hard as he possibly could at this point. But for someone like Shiren, it was hard not to. Though his growing talents with the world beyond were real, so was his tendency to follow every little interesting thing that went through his head to the point where his train of thought never really left the station, especially when bombarded with so much interesting info to take in. Still, he eventually managed to catch himself, lowering his eyes from them all as he cocked an awkward half smile. "Uh...ha, sorry, sometimes I get like that...I meant no disrespect."

Sanyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young boy was surprised that both Jae and the other medical shinobi could see the "dead" man, but Jae was completely certain the man was not in fact dead. Jae had no ability to see ghosts, and he certainly believed in them, there were several strange supernatural occurrences happening in the hospital. They were definitely caused by people the doctors and medical shinobi could not save. However, the other medical shinobi admitted that the man was indeed dead, so Jae began slowly reaching toward the man, not really considering his actions. His hand passed through the man, but only then did he realize how invasive this must feel. "Oh, sh- crap I'm sorry."

He took a mental note of Ziren's name, it wouldn't be too hard to remember, not a lot of Z names in the village. "I'm Ok Jaehyun, and you're right, I'm also a medical shinobi. However this," He made exageraded gestures toward both Ziren and his ghostly friend. "It's not something that medical shinobi are known for, no." It was awfully freaky, however. Jae knows a little about certain "forbidden" techniques that aren't really forbidden, it could be one of those but Jae has never met anyone of such abilities. This could be the perfect time to study it.

"Also I don't think this is what happens to anyone that crosses the village... they mostly just end up dead." He thought back to the files he found and the conversation he had with the medical sennin. This child seemed oddly excited about things like this, but maybe Jae was the odd one in school. Word of troublemakers in the academy has been widespread throughout the village, seems common for kids to act out in ways that Jae couldn't bring himself to. However, he remembered what time it was. "Why aren't you asleep kid, its like midnight, its dangerous to be out here so late."
<i></i>

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren smiled at the kid that seemed excited about this. But then he seen the other Medical Shinobi reach out to touch Anyu. "Um, I don't think that's a-"

Too late, his hand went through Anyu, and the Nara Soul jumped, or flew, back, "What?! Hey! Did I give you permission to do that? Going through walls and such is one thing, but having something living going through me is another." He then made movements as if he had chills down his spine.

"Anyways, no, not all medical ninja can do such things, as it is a forbidden practice. Such powers are often abused, and used for evil. But I for one, use it for good, like I said. I have given Anyu here a second chance, to right the wrongs of his past. Just know, not everything is set in stone. Some people, use good powers for evil things, others use bad powers for good things. And if course bad powers for bad things, good powers for good things. You just need to know of what you are doing. Of if it is right, or wrong."

And then Anyu answered one if the kid's next question. "A lot of people are sad, because, ya'know, death and whatnot. I tend to live life on the edge. Or is it die death on the edge?" The Nara Soul muttered the last sentence, moreso trying to figure out the right terms to use of instead of life terms replacing with death terms.

Ziren sighed as he left Anyu with his dilemma of trying to figure out his right wordings, hearing what Jaehyun said,"As for anyone crossing Leaf? We try to be civil, to give chances, sometimes we give too much chances. But it is better than anyone ending up dead. But also there is a line between when to keep giving chances, and when to stop. A sad part of growing up, is to take responsibility for your own actions, sometimes, it costs, sometimes too much. Life is important, and death should not be played with, seeing as it would be disrespectful to use someone's body just as a tool. I, personally, taken responsibility to learn the names of those dead, and honor them for who they once were, and respect for who they once were."

He let out a sigh, and then said, "The most important thing is to train, make yourself better than before. To know right from wrong, and be able to choose the right choices. But what Jaehyun is right,you will need some sleep, and it is too dangerous for a kid to be around at night, especially with all the things going on as of late."

Inari Shiren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
E
Shiren listened attentively as the two med-nin each spoke, all the while maintaining a calm that seemed quite out of place for a boy his age. He was observing more than anything else, absorbing whatever they said like a sponge. It'd be folly for him not to; these were real-life, fully-fledged ninja, and not just some teachers either. Still, he couldn't help but brighten his smile a bit and respond as Jae attempted to stick his hand right through the departed soul's body. "I tried that once...feels weird, doesn't it? Like your arm's about to fall asleep. But spirits don't tend to like it a lot...I guess I wouldn't either, if someone tried to shove a hand right through me. Would be cool though, like if you guys could just do surgery and organ transplants by phasing...uh...sorry, nevermind!" he finished sheepishly, cutting himself off before he entered another irrelevant tangent.

Afterwards, he continued to listen. It seemed that whatever Ziren was doing with Anyu's soul, it definitely wasn't orthodox. He'd heard the term "forbidden jutsu" thrown around once or twice in the academy by some students during his classes, but never quite why it was forbidden, or what they could do. Was this what this kind of stuff was capable of? It was certainly interesting...though he had to admit, with spending so much time with those who had passed on in comparison to most, imprisoning souls on earth struck him a bit off. But this guy seemed ethical about it, somehow. Sure this power could be abused, but it seemed like Ziren was making a sort of rehabilitative use out of it. In fact, now that he thought about it...during other nighttime walks just like these around Konoha's cemetery, he had met one or two deceased shinobi that still wanted to fight somehow.

Ah well, another idea for another time.

The med nin continued to speak both to each other and to him, and Shiren continued to pay them heed. In regards to his earlier query about people going against the Leaf Village, it seemed, at least according to Ziren, that they tried to exercise some mercy in that regard. It made sense to him. They wouldn't be a family if they didn't try to show compassion to their wayward sons, after all, though the idea of anyone ever actually doing that was far-fetched to him. Except when it came to the backstabbing traitors in Kumo of course: those guys just sucked, or so he was told.

Unfortunately, however, it seemed all good things had to come to an end. They both wanted him to go to sleep, of all things. He puffed out his cheeks and pouted when it was first brought up by Jae, and Ziren's agreement only secured his defiant stance. "Oh c'mon! It's not dangerous, nothing's ever happened to me...and I'm gonna be a shinobi someday!" he leapt into what he (incorrectly) assumed was an intimidating stance, drawing his kid-sized training ninjato from his back and making a few mock swings with it. "No one's gonna catch ME off guard! Besides...this is the Leaf, it's safe here...right?" His mind then drew back to what Ziren had said. "Like...whaddyou mean about things going on? I haven't heard anything....are Cloud ninja here!? I'll carve 'em like a roast duck!" he exclaimed, his ethereal green eyes shifting back and forth to the various shadows lining the sides of the street, peering for enemies that probably weren't even there.

Sanyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Jaehyun pondered on Ziren's words, unsure of what to make of them. This current topic was also one he spoke to Mikasa not too long ago, and while she seemed to understand where Jae was coming from, he wasn't sure where Ziren fell. He wanted to make a remark toward what Ziren said but it was far too late in the night to start any sort of argument and he had no desire to burn any bridges before they are even made, so he kept to himself and quietly studied the ghost a bit more. Alas, he needed to take his own advice, he was beginning to fall asleep even during the conversation.

The boy refused to go home, and honestly, he had no control over the child, and it wasn't like Jae was going to force him to go home. Unfortunately Jae realized he needed to go home and sleep and didn't quite have the time nor patience to entertain these two late at the night. He slowly began to realize there was this long awkward silence, one that Jae was supposed to fill but he got distracted with his thoughts and his tiredness. Not wanting to make this encounter even longer and drawn out, Jae took about toward his fellow medical shinobi and the child. "Pardon me guys, but I really need to sleep, so I'll go off ahead." As Jae started to take his leave he turned around and gestured toward the kid. "Just because you're in training doesn't mean you're invincible, stay safe."

[TLUS]
[Sorry guys, with work and dnd and terrible sleep I haven't been able to RP much so I'm going to take a bit of a break, I don't want to hold this topic up forever]
<i></i>

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The kid, was safe to say, energetic. Ziren was about to say something, but then Jaehyun, the other medical ninja, took his leave.

The Chigokai then turned back to the kid, when he said that it can't be all that dangerous. Both Ziren and Anyu looked at each other. With a sigh, Ziren knelt down to get in the same height level as the kid. "We are currently at war with a foreign country. They are called, the Frost. We don't know why they are here, just know that they are a threat to us, and want to cause us harm. They've already incapacitated one of our Sennin, and threatened to hurt more people."

Then the kid's comments about Cloud, gave him a small smile. "Not all people from Cloud want to hurt. I, for one, was born in Cloud, long story short, I lost some people who cared for me, and then found my way here. But I guess the same could be said about Frost. But the difference is this. We made an alliance with Cloud. We have sent people there, and they have sent their people here. A pact of sorts. Whereas the Frost. It is a simple act as kidnapping and harming one of our Sennin, and then giving out threats that makes them an enemy."

He then put a hand on the kid's shoulder, reassuring him. "Could walk you home and tell you my story if you want. It is far too dangerous for you to be out on your own at this time. Better to have safety in numbers."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back