Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Through Rose-Colored Lenses [Semi-Private]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The morning after her arrival, Youko immediately set out to get formally acquainted with the city she was staying in. Despite only having passed through a portion of Inner Maruishi the previous night, she caught a glimpse of just how alive a city could be even after the sun had set. She would definitely venture out again at evening, if only to see all it was the city could offer. Though for now, she would have to learn its streets when there was daylight to keep her from getting too lost, and into needless trouble.

Getting out of The Pearl Tenements had been easy. The hospital served as an excellent point of reference, and she had only decided that it was better to find it as one than the hotel she was staying at because it was the taller building. Despite having slept soundly overnight, a luxury which she hadn’t experienced quite as satisfyingly in a while, she was still in disbelief about having been given such a lavish room to stay in. Once she was out of what she determined to be a housing district of sorts, The Pearl Tenements as it was called, she let her feet take charge, mainly taking note of which ways she was turning and some interesting store fronts to act as landmarks.

In one of the larger streets she found store after store, displays of products both familiar and strange was all she could see lined up in the path in front of her. Youko found herself frequently crossing the street to and fro, haphazardly checking out stores whose windows had captured her interest.

One in particular was an secondhand bookstore.

She didn't hesitate to veer off her course to a dango stall and excitedly head towards the bookstore with the intention of spending as long as she wanted looking through the shelves for studies in the field of medicine in hopes of finding one on a topic she'd already read, but this time from a different perspective.

The bookstore had two display windows with the door in between them, open and inviting. The window left of the door had an arrangement of the new arrivals they had with a sign at the bottom indicating that they received shipments of new secondhand books every week. The name of the bookstore was painted on the right window and offered a clear view of a cozy reading area. Upon entering, Youko found it worth noting that although it seemed like a small building from the outside, the inside was quite spacious. Just behind the door was the counter with an old woman sitting behind it, engrossed in what looked to be a thick book. Behind her were shelves. The counter itself was made of shelves. As she made her way deeper inside, it seemed that the only part of the room that wasn't covered in books was the ceiling, where a large round light fixture was installed instead. It illuminated the whole room softly, giving it the warm ambience. Past the counter would be more books, kept in six rows of shelves. The far right of the room was occupied by a soft sofa and some plush armchairs, though each seat was unoccupied themselves.

It seemed that she had the entire bookstore to herself, and the idea made her grin. It was definitely more comfortable than the main library back at the clan house, and more so than any public library. She headed further in and towards the first shelf, pulling out whichever spines or titles had piqued her interest. Without really noticing it, she'd easily slipped back into her habits as a child and got herself lost in literature. By the time she was moving on to the fifth shelf, she was already carrying a stack of books tall enough to nearly go above her head. Although strong enough to carry them herself, she didn't have anything that would allow her to see through the reams of paper.

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
qCcMULT.jpg

nc6vOFe.png

The Inner Maruishi had an extreme taste of nostalgia, at least in the mind of the raven hair shinobi. Each step within the economical capital of Iwagakure reminded him of his former home; though more importantly the abundance of literature and the occasional dango stalls that littered the street sides. This particular thought was enough to cause a faint grin to appear upon his features, a single hand gently stroking through his tendrils.

Leisurely the male would come to a halt, his tundra spiral gaze settling upon the stall, memories beginning to rapidly flood and in turn his balance become slightly a jar.

A different time, perhaps one entirely? A youth, a young girl who enjoyed his company. The lass possessed gentle vocals, though the remainder of her imagery was extremely distorted. Of course due the sudden elongated stare, the vendor would begin to inquiry if he could provide aid in the service of his goods. “My apologies.”</COLOR><i></i> he murmurs before lifting his gaze, “I’ll take a few dango’s.” he comments in a bit of a more cheerful tone; contradicting his icy orbs that came across as cold nature.

What was to commence had been the real intriguing portion of the day, two strands were turned over onset to the male. Calmly he would turn about, retreating into the crowds of the street as his mind would begin to reel furthermore. Kazamatsuri Sho suffered from backlash of his abilities at times, remembering items that had never existed, he being in an extreme sense of confusion, and items that indeed held truth.

The ANBU’s gaze wandered about, searching for a park bench in hopes of locating a particular individual who awaited the grand escapades of his adventures. Instinctively his gloved hand would hold out a dango strand towards an empty bench, half expecting for a figure in turn to appear from the voids of the sky to accept his offering with a nod of approval. Unfortunately that clearly was not a course of action that were going to take place and ultimately leaving him appearing momentarily foolish. Only that of a sigh would escape his lips before plopping the treat into his mouth to savor.

After a considerable amount of time had passed were muffled thoughts to vanish and allowing for a brief reprieve. <COLOR color="teal">“What a hassle.”<i></i> he states aloud, finishing the second treat. The Nara began to leave the vicinity, not having the intentions of halting and returning to his duties as the village currently suffered. This all plunged into the depths of the drain at the mere sighting of a cozy bookstore, one of his weaknesses in life. Having come from Kirigakure he felt he had read a considerable volume the anthems had to offer; however Iwagakure’s had yet to be grazed through.

Painstakingly slow would his gaze drift upwards towards the skies, not spotting the Shrine of the God and thus equating to having a bit more free time. His hand would soon reach outwards, grasping upon the door knob and thus allowing himself entry.

Little to his expectancy and despite the abundance of windows allowing a gaze inwards were he to bump into a rather impressive column of moving text. Swiftly his digits would pad the novels in hopes to cease an signs of crashing, “My apologies.<i></i> the second time today he would have uttered the phrase, "I’ve been daydreaming a bit too much as of late.”<i></i> he murmurs in the best sympathetic tone he could muster, as well as beginning to peak around the text to greet the one who currently hid themselves expertly.

[OOC: My apologies on the wait, schooling and work held me down for the past week far greater than anticipated.]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As her eyes passed over the titles on the fifth bookshelf, Youko noted that she found herself on the fictions section. Although once she probably would’ve devoured the whole of the shelf, back when she was still locking herself up in the main house library and had spent hours daydreaming about the adventures she’d read about in books, she found herself creasing her eyebrows deep in thought at the current selection she found in front of her. 'Never judge a book by its cover' was hardly a practice she made when it came to choosing books, even if she tried to religiously in real life. No, when it came to books, if the title couldn’t spark her interest, it would be up to the cover art.

And currently, there were hardly any winners.

She stopped for a moment and let out a quiet sigh, realizing that the reason why she couldn’t find them satisfying enough was that she didn't need an escape to an exotic desert or a mysterious island, when she was discovering exotic lands and mysterious cities every day. Heaving the mountain she was carrying, she decided to head to the reading area instead. She may as well just come back later, when she’d read her fill and was hungry for more. Maybe then the titles would look a lot more appetizing.

Having trained muscles that increased her strength made carrying the stack a breeze. Or at least, it should have been. With the place having been empty when she’d arrived, she’d been expecting that she would have the whole of it to herself. Although as soon as she felt a force preventing her from taking one step further, she realized that was evidently not the case.

The problem with carrying a tower of books taller than one’s head was that it blocked your sight. Youko hadn’t noticed anyone coming in, let alone someone she could bump into.

She let out a squeaking sound when she realized her tower was going to topple, dropping the books herself. It landed right in front of her feet, and if she hadn’t just been surprised, she probably would’ve already breathed out in relief that the weight didn’t just crush her toes. Instead, she cringed at the sight of some of them opening at the middle, landing on their pages folded in haphazard corners. Her eyes widened as she looked over the counter, the old woman looking sternly over the commotion she'd just made.

"Sorry! Sorry," she said, turning to both to the woman and to the person she just bumped into. She bowed her head profusely to each of them as she quickly dropped to her knees to clean up the mess. Thankfully, no one else had been around to see the blunder, and that seemed to help lessen the blood rushing to her cheeks. She looked up to meet the face of the man, shaking her head as she smiled slightly at him, "No, it's okay. I shouldn't have taken that many anyway. It was an accident waiting to happen. I should apologize for troubling you in the first place,"

[MFT]

[OOC: It's alright, I pretty much got into the same situation, which is why I'm so very sorry this has taken so long!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back