Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Time is King [private]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward sat on a solitary bench. He was tinkering on something. His eyes narrowed, and focused. He held what looked like a golden circle. The inner workings of it was opened up. His mechanical hand was hovering over the golden circle and little appendages came out of the tips of his fingers. He was working at repairing a clock. It looked tedious considering all the little workings going on in the clock and the little mechanical appendages coming out of the Steward's metallic fingers. In truth, Sousuke could have been asleep and do this. He wasn't doing that, for two reasons. The first being that it was broad daylight. The second was because it seemed to be expecting someone or something. While he waited for this person or thing to arrive, he was working along so as to make the wait, less boring.

The Steward wore a pair of grey dress pants, a white dress shirt, and a vest matching his pants. His dress coat was folded up and was resting on the bench. He was dressed up, but lately he had been wearing formal clothing quite a bit. Ever since he had found or was given a new lease on life, Takahashi Sousuke was trying new things. Between Roku and Katsuo, Sousuke was perhaps the most statesmen like individual. Kazuki was more formal in wear, but not nearly as formal as Sousuke. Politics was a frustrating thing, but Sousuke liked to think he was decent at it. According to Akkuma, Sousuke spoke like a politician, and acted like one. Yes, speaking like a politician really meant nothing at particular occasions. In a way it was an art form to say nothing, and let that have some sort of meaning. Sousuke was a neutral individual. Very little did he show emotion. He had moments of what seemed like emotion, but those moments were fleeting.

The Steward finished working on the clock. He reached into his vest and produced the cover for the back of the clock. He would put the cover on. A click noise would be heard. Then with his mechanical hand he would hold up his index finger. A small beam of plasma would be emitted from the finger tip and Sousuke would then proceed to seal the slid on the clock.

MFT: 385

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kotori had been walking around the place quite some bit right now but was amazed at what she always was able to find in the corners. "Always something new..." She muttered and would look towards the yokai that had been following her around already for a while.
Yet eventually they stumbled upon something they had never even seen before. The redheaded female would stand still and start to watch towards the person. "This... looks so strange" Were the soft mutterings of the female that had been having an eye onto what this man was doing.
"So... erm... excuse me.." She would say, trying to speak the most common tongue but still held the dialect from home.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
People passed by, but Sousuke knew most people. The Steward of the realm was expected to know, and so at a curious pace he was aware and knowledgeable of people before they knew him personally. He blinked mechanically for a moment and looked over the seal. He ran his flesh fingers across the seal and found that it was indeed shut properly. It was good work, but there was no hint of a smile coming across the Steward's face for doing good work. It was expected of him. He heard the sounds of muttering from an individual of seemingly female qualities. He flipped over the clock and looked at the ticking hands. The time on the clock was not correct. This he would need to fix. He would tuck his finger underneath the glass lid and open the clock open. The individual spoke again. The Steward's mind would snap for a moment. His mind was going through a catalogue of sorts. Dialects were uncommon when you had the most common one present. The man would look up from the clock and at the individual in question.

Sousuke answered her mechanically. "You're excused."<i></i> He spoke looking to his left. He wasn't taking up all the room of the bench, but he did shift over all the same. This ruby haired female was someone who was not catalogued in his mind. Red hair was uncommon. Shiori had red hair for a time. The Steward would look back to the bench, he would make a gesture with his mechanical hand for her to have a seat and join him. The Steward did not know that he was in fact in the presence of the Hokage's daughter. His mind continued to roll through the various dialects in his mind. The Steward had indeed met a few people who came from Konoha. There was Kazuki and his cousins, there was that sennin he had met quite some time ago who needed some liquid courage in order to speak of politics. The Steward would reach for his dress coat and place it on. He would check to make sure he was not invading the female's personal space. "You're from Konoha, aren't you?"<i></i> He spoke finally. "The consonants for me are a little harsh sounding, but that is natural to one hearing something different, even with the hesitation in your voice. I've met ... five in a socio-political setting, you would be the sixth. The last was one was a yellow haired man named Takeshi."<i></i> He spoke analytically. "Curious thing that. The hesitation."<i></i>

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She would take up the place beside the strange man... This was something she knew out of stories... Like the futuristic stories... He had laser shooting, of course, she would like to learn more regards of this person. "This... Is so cool.... and strange at the same time." She muttered as she kept watching towards him. Slowly she started to shift a little around and look towards them once more. "Hmmm..." She would mutter softly and learn more on her hand. "Thank you for excusing me." She would smile towards him and look towards what he had been working on. Slowly she started to listen to what the other had been saying and her eyes widen a little. 'S-so many people know my dad...' She would think and sit up a bit straight. "May I ask..." She would look more serious. "I am indeed from Konoha, but how do you know that man?" She would like to know more, get to learn more and more importantly get to know the history of things.

She started to shift a bit of where she had been sitting. "What about you... if you do not mind me asking, are you from around here? and... What are you?" She questioned a little as she pointed towards the finger which had earlier been shooting a laser for her.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kotori took her seat beside Sousuke who was inspecting the clock. He flipped it over once again. The mechanical digits of Sousuke's hand ran along the edges. He would be interrupted for a moment by the question by Kotori. She inquired how he knew Takeshi. "Politically."<i></i> He answered. "He visited me in the Kazekage Tower to discuss some items."<i></i> This was prior to Sousuke officially ceding the title to Katuso. Sousuke was the Steward-Kazekage who took the title of Kazekage for a time because of Katsuo's unwillingness to become the Kazekage. "He was a pleasant enough individual."<i></i> He would admit. Nobu, one of Sousuke's nobles, had a way to bring out the best in people.

The girl leaned in and looked over his work. Was there a flaw or something. Again Sousuke eyed the clock. He inspected the digits. They were functioning. The next series of questions that followed seem to not be about what he was doing, but rather about himself as an individual. "Born and bred in Sungakure. Haven't left the country of wind. Ever."<i></i> He answered. The second question caused him to pause for a moment. Absentmindedly his mechanical hand would move about. The fingers curling up and then uncurling. The fact that she was asking him what he was, gave him a pause. Usually Sousuke would have been wearing a suit of armour, mechanical plate armour. For the last few months he had been wearing dress suits and fancier clothing as he had a new lease on life. There was this saying 'a wolf hiding among sheep', or the flipside to it 'a sheep hiding among wolves'. "I am many things. I am Steward of the Realm first and foremost. Most think I am a machine. A machine programmed to do what is best for the village, but I am for the most part a Human. Descendant of the First Men."<i></i> He answered. Sousuke was not a demon. He was not an Ancient. He was born of man and woman. There was a joke that he was a machine just hiding in the flesh of a human. That joke was taken seriously by some, but all good jokes have some founded truth in them. Sousuke turns his head slightly to cast a side glance of sorts. The concerning part in all of this was that she asked him what he was. It made him wonder. "What makes you think otherwise?"<i></i>

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Questions, she had asked a couple to the other as she started to tilt her head a bit towards it. "Hmm... Surely..?" She would ask and smile softly. It was curious to learn something of another person like this. A peaceful chatter... A thing she started to miss inside the leaf area's. A lot of people were still super up tight with her as they also knew who she was.
"I am many things. I am Steward of the Realm first and foremost. Most think I am a machine. A machine programmed to do what is best for the village, but I am for the most part a Human. Descendant of the First Men."
A silence fell by the girl as she took in his words rather carefully. "U-uhm..." She would stutter a little and tilt her head. "That... is something I didn't see coming. You are like... shooting a lazer on that clock just now, which is like... super duper awesome, but still." She would comment and try to reach for the others hand. Trying to get a better vieuw. "This is so strange.. We don't have this in the leaf..." She would talk a little further and look back to the other. "I would think otherwise yes, New things are always fun to learn and gain information about.

What do you think that is the best thing to do inside this village?" She asked as maybe he had a couple of things too to learn about this palce. "What about the job you did just now? is that one you always do?"

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke noticed that the girl was looking at his metallic hand. It reminded him of when Yume looked at his armoured gaunlets, which was a long time ago. It was before he had lost the arm to a sandworm. He would shift his hand out and would put it in plain view. Kotori would see the working mechanics to the hand. Sousuke's metallic hand was grey. There were little details showing the knuckles and the flexibility of the digits. "My name is Takahashi Sousuke, the third. It's nice to meet you...?"<i></i> He would hold out the metallic hand to be shook. He would allow the girl to have as long a look at his hand as she wanted to. So long as she didn't lick it. An old memory surfaced in the Steward's mind of his old girlfriend. Yume in her more primal nature licked his gauntlet, and then was embarrassed about it. Taste was indeed one of the five senses. When she called it a laser and said that it was awesome, he blinked. "Ah. You mean a plasma beam. Has no one in Konoha ... explored meshing fire and lightning jutsus together?"<i></i> He inquired. Surely Sousuke was not the first person to figure this out. He considered it further. "Perhaps, perhaps people in Konoha manifest plasma ... in a different manner."<i></i> He had to wonder. Did Konoha not have metallic augments to replace destroyed limbs? "In Konoha, what is the procedure for those who have lost a limb? Is it not common practice to provide those with missing limb, with an augment of sorts to make sure they can continue their day?"<i></i> Sousuke asked. Surely Konoha had a program or something.

More questions and more observations. Sousuke would answer a question with another question. "For me? Professionally? Making sure the village survives and is not in debt. I like making sure the budget is sound. Not always the easiest thing to have done."<i></i> He paused for a moment. "You did mean professionally correct? I don't really get much time for amusement. I suppose ... hanging out with my ward, or my friends is the best thing to do. Helping out those less fortunate than myself."<i></i> He would then look to the clock he was working at. "I'm a tinkerer of sorts. One of the staff members at the Kazekage tower, her father broke this clock. I said that I would fix it, and here I am. Clockwork is ... very much the same. It's a matter of putting the right cogs and gears in place."<i></i>

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
NPC KOTORI​

Kotori started to study the hand that was in front of her, she had to be fair. It was such a strange sight to see, she meant it as it was quite something else. She carefully started to feel the knuckle and was surprised, it still felt cold to the touch for her as she was always warm. "Pfuwah... This is so odd..." She started to mutter while she started to listen towards the other once more. "No... not really, no one has tried that by us so far as I know..." She looked from the hand towards the man. "We... Have wooden limbs, as far as I know, the ones that are harsh on people... and of course wheelchairs and that is basically it... Or I am missing something." She would start to sit in her thinking mode, arms crossed head a bit lower, trying to recollect a bit of information. "Hmm... This is hard..." She placed her fingers around her chin. "I guess we do have something, yet not for everyone. Rumors went some have limbs of wood..." He mentioned

"Survival of a city by fundings..." she basically put it together. "That does sound like a hero thing to do... I just place my loyalty by the current Hokage and the village." She would smile to his explanation. "But... I wouldn't think clocks were to be the same as limbs..." She would try to tie those two things back together. "I do wonder... what it would be like, having none... Would it be such a hassle..?" She questioned, more out loud then really to the other. It was more a thought that raised in her. "Once I am back In leaf, I will try to figure this out and once I have done... May I tell you about it? "

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Wood ... can be like metal in durability. Never underestimate the strength of a tree."<i></i> He stated out loud. "Trees come in all sorts and shapes. Sometimes ... there are trees that are born of crystal. Those trees are astonishingly durable. I'd hate to think the implications of being stabbed at by a ... branch made of crystals. It seems quite painful really."<i></i> Sousuke would scratch the back of his head with his flesh hand. Yeah. That could hurt. Alot. It really did seem like Leaf was behind on the concept of replacement limbs, but that was based on the understand that the trees being used to make said limbs were simple. It could also be that the leaf ninja before him was simply not into crafting and not a medical ninja. It was unfair to make the expectation that she had a solid knowledge of something she clearly had no expertise in.

The girl would make the assessment that would he did sounded like a heroic thing to do. "Someone has to make sure people get paid."<i></i> Then she tried to link the concept of the clock with what he had talked about. He motioned to the clock "There is no real connection. I just wanted to help someone out."<i></i> The girl spoke of putting her loyalty by the village and the Hokage. He would nod his head. Yes loyalty in the village and the Kage of said village was paramount. Sousuke was Kazekage for a time, but that was a complicated title. He was Kazekage-Steward who then took the mantle of Kazekage because the situation was bleak considering that Katuso was not going to take the throne. "Does Konoha have a ruling family these days, or is the mantle of Hokage hereditary?"<i></i> Things changed and changed quickly. A simple inquiry. Anyone who dealt with a Sunahoshi might have been confused that a Takahashi had taken the reins of power for a time. Sousuke raised an eyebrow at the further inquires. "Having none? None of what? Time?"<i></i> He inquired. If time became irrelevant then ... who truly knew what horror would occur from the lack of that. "I am a good listener. You may detail away."<i></i> He would answer the second question.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
NPC Uchiha Kotori[lb][/lb]
-----------------------------------------------------------------[lb][/lb]
A moment hit her, she never told who she was. It was a bit bitter to do this as a moment like right now. But she would none the less stand up and make a bow. "Uchiha Kotori, daughter of the Hokage of Hidden in the Leaf."

There... It was out, one introduction she hated to make yet after that she sat down again. "Does Konoha have a ruling family these days, or is the mantle of Hokage hereditary?" It had her thinking for a solid while now... She would ponder over it. "I don't think it is family based, I think it is based on how that person goes around in the city, how the work he or she has done... I do not think it is based on being part of a family at all." As far as she knew regards ongoing hokage to Hokage... It never was a family-based something.
"I was wondering what it was like to lose something that you always need on a day... A leg or an arm..." She would comment further and look up again towards him. "I just... It must be troublesome..." She said and frowned a little, she was genuinely worried for them. "May I ask... How did you lose yours.?" She was asking a personal question, but just like when she was in leaf. She wanted to learn from people's stories, good and the bad. In the Leaf, she was the one quite known for that too. [lb][/lb]

Speech and thoughts[lb][/lb]
OOC note:[lb][/lb] MFT
WC: 251

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sosuke would pause for a moment. Ah. This was the daughter of Hokage. Sousuke would bow his head too in respect. It was a possibility that the girl before him could be the Hokage could some day. Something to keep in mind. Sousuke was the older one here, assumedly. "Mmm. I might be talking with a future Hokage. Deeds speak highly ... but having charisma helps out too."<i></i> He would listen to her speak out loud about trying to relate to not having an arm or a leg. He would grow silent for a moment. He would raise his pant leg slightly to reveal a mechanical leg. He made what seemed like a frowning face. "Up to the knee is another replacement, for both legs. Losing an arm was unpleasant, losing the legs were worse. Having to hardwire into the nerve, that was a very bloody experience and I suppose one would call it painful. The medical nin who were on shift were not very pleased with me. I think it was the amount of blood on the sheets and the fact I was not screaming that disturbed them very greatly."<i></i>Perhaps Kotori would begin to understand why Sousuke was identified at times being more machine than man. Throughout the entire time they were talking, he was consistently monotone and neutral in almost every regard. Compared to Roku or Katuso, Sousuke might have been called boring due to his lack of emotion. Some argued that Sousuke was a stoic.

"I've lost the same arm twice due to a sandworm. Not the same sandworm. The first time it was to a young sandworm, and the second time ... it was to a resurrected cannibalistic sandworm who used to terrorize humans in ancient times. I suppose I should have been surprised it was the same arm, and perhaps I should have been considered myself lucky that it was that same arm."<i></i> Sousuke motioned to the sky. "There was a time when we were subjected to a storm that lasted thirty years. It was called the Diamond Maelstrom. I went to go aid the now Kazekage at the time, along with two mercenaries to put an end to it. Obviously we succeed but I lost my arm during that mission. I don't regret losing my arm."<i></i> He stated with a certain honesty. "I had replaced my arm so very quickly, so I never really considered what it was like to operate without one. Same thing happened with the legs, but ... it took me quite a bit longer to replace them."<i></i>

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
NPC Uchiha Kotori[lb][/lb]
-----------------------------------------------------------------[lb][/lb]
Her eyes grew wide as she saw the leg. It was... the same. Slowly she covered up her mouth as she looked with widened eyes. "T-that is..." She couldn't even finish up her sentence as she looked in disbelief towards the person in front of her. "W-why... would you do that..?" She asked, as when he had been tampering with this own nerve system. Even she thought it had been one of the most horrible things to do, to be capable of by doing that even. On yourself.
"W-wow... Quite... a story." She spoke after him, after his story. "Now that you mention... We do have this... wolfman in the Konoha hospital.." She would comment softly but shrugged it off. "I do not know the man, but something was off from him." That was the comment she made about the doctor back at home, she knew a few, but not all.

"You must have been glad to know what it is like to have operating arms and legs. " She smiled bright, trying to lighten up the mood she would try to change the subject. "Say... about the watch, do you do more things too?"[lb][/lb]

Speech and thoughts[lb][/lb]
OOC note:[lb][/lb]
WC:

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke was asked, why would he do this? Why would he put himself through this ... torture? It was a very good question. "I am Steward of the Realm."<i></i> He spoke, "I have my people to protect and my King to protect. At any cost. I do this, so that others do not have to. I know I can take it, and keep going."<i></i> Sousuke could endure hardship. He had been doing so for a long time. He was a Takahashi. His father before him endured the loss of the Sunahoshi. His aunt had endured the difficulties of her time. "It is in my lineage."<i></i> He clarified. Sousuke had spent the majority of his life working for the Sungakure government. The Steward had worked through his own disabilities and defects, and worked towards becoming a superior version of himself. Kotori had remarked about the stories she had told him. He made a shrugging gesture. "We live in a world that defies its own laws and rules. The concept of a miracle is something that happens, they happen for good and for ill. What normally should not happen due to probability suddenly becomes a reality. While I am proficient with the numbers, a miracle is something that defies probability."<i></i>

Sousuke was asked if he did other things as well. "I can craft weapons and armour. I design clothes. I'm a consulting detective. I can craft jewelry."<i></i> He paused for a moment and think about it, "I've been told I am an excellent dancer. Ball room dancing."<i></i> He clarified. Apparently there were women (and sometimes men) paid to dance around or on poles and remove their clothes. During this process, people would throw money at them for doing this. This sort of activity happened in the Grand Palais. Sousuke never quire comprehended why people would enjoy seeing people disrobe in such a slow manner. What was more baffling was the fact that people would throw money at people for doing so. It seemed like quite a waste. "I suppose ... that is one of the more thrilling skill sets I have."<i></i> He would look up to the sky for a moment. "Is ball room dancing a thing in Konoha? Is fashion held in high regard? My former secretary once told me to peacock. I'm not sure why she told me to be a bird."<i></i>

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was really interesting to hear him saying that he was so high in person. Even she started to think like he had been a knight on a white horse. The amount of work that this person could do single-handedly... It really kept her in awe as she listened. It made her own work look so little. "W-wowah..." She made out a stuttering sound. "You do so much..." She was really baffled on it and started to reach out for her hairs behind her head.
She scratched her head for a second, thinking about what could be a thing to say.

"So... you are like these comic book supermans... You can do like, everything. Save the village, be amazing in everything you do..." She started to mutter. "I do not do ballroom dancings, no. But I do hiphop a bit. If you wish... I can teach you that some other time? I mean, if you can keep up with that..."

NPC kotori

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Your father probably does equal amounts of work, or has people like myself to do what is required."<i></i> Sousuke would answer. "You more than likely do far more for him than you realize."<i></i> The man quietly considered Teke who was part of the ANBU. It was something he did not think of often, mainly because he was focused on his work. There was this notion that the ANBU could do things that most people could not, due to moral reasons or because of resources. This was indeed true. The ANBU were a high functioning unit. "You'll come to learn and do many things, just give it time. I've become a much more capable person with time. Always keep in mind being good in certain fields or characteristics comes at the cost of others."<i></i>

Sousuke's expression seemed slightly perplexed for a moment as he was being compared to a comic book character. He would make a gesture with his hands like he was holding and invisible ball, only hold his hands up. He was given pause for a moment. "I would not say that I am amazing in everything I do. I come up short every once and a while. It's a ... it's a thing that does indeed happen. I am no stranger to failure, and certainly no one is for that matter."<i></i> He spoke openly. He wondered if this girl had ... maybe thought of him as perfection? Hopefully not. Even Sousuke knew he was light years away from being such a thing. The girl did reveal to him that she could do hip hop dancing. "Hip...?"<i></i> He would begin, "Hop...? Hiphop."<i></i> He repeated the foreign word again. He would seem to be given a pause. "I think I have heard of this Hipped-Hop before."<i></i> Sousuke spoke, almost sounding like an old person . He seemed slightly confused even. "Is it like classical music? Do they use violins and cellos?"<i></i>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back