Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Time to get a sword! [Open, Requesting Merchant/Blacksmith]

Ashikaga Shiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”That was a very good day, right Aka?” As he walked into the district, he noticed a sign. ”Low cost swords? Let’s go check it out.” As he walks over, one sword in particular caught his eye. It was a long sword with a red handle and a black blade, approximately 27” long (the blade).
”Oh wow Aka. Imagine how proud Mom would be. She loved swords..... Anyways, how much is it? 475 yen?! That’s so much....”
As he walked up to the merchant, he got his wallet out, taking out the yen.

Topic started
Requesting Blacksmith/Merchant

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sun was getting low as Danuja strode through the crowds of Susukino, leaving red streaks in the clouds and long shadows across the plaza. Soon after the light faded all but a few would head home, but for now the cries of merchants and food stalls hawking their wares at the citizens passing by still filled the air. She herself was already headed back, having only came for enough coal to last her forge til the morning shipment. And perhaps a bite to eat.

A street vendor offering barbecued meat caught her eye, and several racks of ribs later she hefted the enormous sack of coal once again and made her way home...only to be stopped short by a thump as she turned, followed by the meaty thud of a body hitting the ground. Worried that she might have accidentally gave another civilian a concussion–having a huge frame did have it's downsides–she turned to apologize, and found a young boy and his dog sprawled out in front of a weapons merchant.

"Are you alright, boy?" She asked, offering to help him up. Always having a hand free was one of the benefits of having six arms, though the stares did get annoying sometimes. Fortunately the boy seemed to be fairly sturdy and hadn't suffered any injuries from the impact, though it had scattered his money on the ground. It seemed he had been intending to buy from this particular merchant, strangely enough.

"What brings a child your age to purchase weapons, I wonder?"
[Topic Entered with NPC Danuja]

Ashikaga Shiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Are you alright, boy?

Those were the words that Shiro heard as he was hit in the head by a sack of coal. Falling, he'd sit up, rubbing his head. "Yeah, I'm fine. I've had worse." Standing up, he noticed their six arms, and the giant sack of coal
"You have six arms? That's pretty cool!" He'd drop his voice saying that last part, not knowing whether they appreciated it being pointed out in public. Bending down to pick up his money, he stopped midway, looking up.
"So, what brings you out here? I'm about to buy a sword to honor my parents and hopefully specialize in sword combat one day, and maybe even join the ANBU!
Akamatsu let out a small yip, climbing back onto Shiro's head, curling up and setting his head down over Shiro's forehead

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ah, a student then? I see." Danuja nodded to herself, taking a moment to look over the merchant's wares. They were bulk goods, nothing more, suited only for back-up or throwaway weapons for the common soldier. No shinobi, much less an ANBU, would wield one of these. Of course, for a child with no money they were likely all he could afford, if that. Surely his parents would at least provide him his first weapon?

Then again, she thought, looking the boy over more closely. These children are often enough orphans...

"Hmph. You'll honor nobody with one of these feeble blades. Come." She beckoned the boy to follow and set off through the maze of streets, ignoring the indignant look on the merchant's face. After only a few short minutes they would come to an out of the way courtyard, containing the remains of a half-collapsed watchtower. Set within the ruined base was the forge, which she promptly unlocked and ushered the boy inside. Initially somewhat drafty, the space warmed up rapidly as she dumped the coal down a chute and stoked the flames.

"I am Danuja. Tell me your name boy, and why you need a blade to honor your parents."

Ashikaga Shiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As he was ushered into the watchtower, he looked around, seeing the forge.
"Woah, this is cool!"

"I am Danuja. Tell me your name boy, and why you need a blade to honor your parents."

"Oh, I'm Ashikaga Shiro, or just Shiro. I need a blade to avenge my fallen parents and protect our clan's legacy. Wait, is this a forge? That's pretty cool too! Anyways, staying on topic, could you help me get a sword? I'm really hoping to start training soon."
While waiting for their answer, Shiro would stroll around the outside of the tower, admiring its build

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mmm. An orphan indeed then. She nodded to herself, dusting off her hands as she finished stoking the coals.

"Shiro. Vengeance for one's parents is as honorable a task as one might ask for, but watch yourself always. Take care that it does not consume you in the process, for I doubt your parents would be glad to see you foolishly throw away your life. But that is for later thinking. For now, you need a blade."

Reaching for a bellows with one set of hands and pulling a handle that hung from the ceiling with the other, Danuja set a mechanism to feed air to the forge and turned to appraise the boy. He was still very young, but the shinobi of Kumogakure always took them so. It was difficult to teach an adult like herself to grow in the ways such a village needed. Akin to a stone, hard and inflexible, she would never be a true shinobi. Children, though, were as sponges, soaking up knowledge and power without limit. He would need a weapon to grow into.

"Aye, this is a forge. My forge," she answered his question at last before grabbing a large, oilskin wrapped bundle from a shelf and unrolling it across an empty work table. Beckoning Shiro over, he would be greeted by a selection of metal sword blanks of varying size. They would all share one thing in common however: the metal gleamed in the firelight with a reddish hue.

"My people call this himminstál. Sky-steel. It is a gift from the god Sól, who casts pieces of the sun's fury at the wolf Sköll to slow him as he chases her across the heavens. Sometimes they fall to our earth and fuse with the blood of mountains to make sky-steel. It is rare, and stronger than most metals." To demonstrate, she took one of the blanks and struck a piece of ordinary steel across the anvil with it, shattering the weaker metal.

"Hold in your mind the blade you seek, and choose one that feels right. Think not of now, but what will be."

Ashikaga Shiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Think not of now, but what will be? So, like what I want to have, say, 5 years from now? Seems simple enough."

Closing his eyes, he started picturing a sword. It appeared similar to a standard katana, but with minor improvements that would aid him in battle.
Starting with the handle, he wanted it to be wrapped in a black fiber, strong enough to withstand multiple decades of use. In the center would be a metal ring, connected directly to the blade, in order to try out a trick he'd been thinking of. The guard would be the same color as the blade, a night black with silver finishes around the outside. The blade would be made of this Sky metal stuff, preferably in the same night black finish as the guard. The blade would be approximately 27" long, single edged, and awesome, able to conduct the electricity from a jutsu he'd been working on to amplify his destructive capabilities.
Along the surface of the sword would be an engraving, reading "Think of those around you, but also think of those in front of you. But never forget those who have taken their place among the stars, keeping their legacy alive." (This would be in Japanese, of course)
As he assembled the sword in his mind, he remembered one more thing, deciding to mention it later when he was describing the sword.
"So, what I want with my sword is (Image). Also, if it's not too much trouble, could I have a sheath for it?"

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back