Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

To Haunt a Ramen Stand [Private] [Req Shizuka]

Hak

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The evening was chilly, a cold wind whispering in the darkening evening as the sun made it's way downwards. It's orange hue still lit up the streets, a fiery glow vanishing into the cracks of the roads. The alleys remained dark as if inviting certain misfortune if one made the mistake of walking alone into them. The people were still bustling, either making their way or home journeying into the night scene for those who had interests of such things. It was beautiful in a way as if the darkness looming overhead was slowly embracing everyone it touched with its eery shadows.

A ramen stand stood outside, lights brightly shining and illuminating its little corner. An aroma of deliciousness filled the air with the warmness of the hot stoves giving off a tingle of heat that traveled to any who walked nearby as if inviting customers to satisfy their hunger. It was a basic little ramen stand though famous for its dishes and home blended tea. Cute adorning lights wrapped around the roof of the shop, with a couple of stools in front of the bench table. It was a cozy and inviting little restaurant that specialized in a home-cooked meal.

On the last stool to the right, a teenage boy quietly sat, waiting for his ordered dish. Kano wore bandages across his entire body, covering every portion of his skin beside his eyes. His right eye was small and black, with his left eye larger and golden colored as they were unequally dilated, resulting in a strange look. A black t-shirt covered his torso with a red hooded jacket covering himself for warmth. His slacks were dark and brown, well kept but old looking. Dark boots protected his feet on this chilling evening.

Kano was abnormally quiet for a customer, most people feared him, and as such he was quite infamous for his evil look and often drew terrible attention towards himself. Despite his looks, he was a shy and nervous lad and hated the fact that people feared him so terribly. Ironically he also felt that perhaps he should have been born slightly more evil to satisfy peoples views of himself, an almost childish dream to live up to the opinions of people. The lad, however, did not have a malicious bone in his body contrary to his appearance.

Eiko was a young malicious spirit that followed Kano around at all times. She sat on ramen stand with her skinny pale legs dangling back and forth in an almost cutesy manner. She wore black shorts today and a red and black horizontal tank top. A small white cardigan half covered her tank top as her long blonde hair reached comfortably down to her hips. Her large blue eyes wandered around as if contemplating doing something mischievous to draw attention to the socially awkward Kano. At the moment she was invisible to the world, being viewed only by Kano and those who had the gift of seeing spiritual entities. However, that could change at any moment if she desired it to be so. To cause trouble or not to cause trouble? That was the only question that loomed in her mind at the moment.
OOC said:
Word Count: 535

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The hollow feeling was nagging her. No, it was gnawing at her ever since she had left the hospital. A cold, thin sheet of ice had wrapped itself around her tightly enough for her to find breathing uncomfortable. Hopefully it would soon pass. She figured it might be the drain. It had to be. Perhaps food could cure it. A large bowl of steaming ramen with extra pork and garlic - who cared what she would smell like afterwards. At least she would be sated, warm, and maybe less tired. That would definitely be a good combination. Worst case she would have enjoyed a nice meal. One of many going by today’s schedule. She had been going from one place to the other. So far it hadn’t worked, but she refused to give up on it. That’s why the little bright lights across the street caught her attention.

With a navy blue coat hiding her boyish form, she picked a chair one seat to the left from the guy sitting there on his own. He looked like the type that wouldn’t bother her and that was something she didn’t mind today. Her order wasn’t long and contained less enthusiasm than it usually did. She managed a weak smile to be polite, then placed her arms onto the counter before putting her head onto the imaginary pillow they formed.

Waiting quietly, she let the scents carry her to the kitchen. Gentle voices could be heard here and there. Her green eyes wandered across the wall, then the guy’s form. There, beneath his jacket, she found bandages. Nothing to rare in the village. Shinobi got hurt all the time, not everyone liked going to the hospital and not everything could be as easily healed. People still got stitched and wrapped up. Regardless of that, he was different. That hair. Those piercing eyes of different colour. She knew him. Well, she knew who he was. Their conversations had been minimal at the Academy. He was a quiet type, a guy well beyond her when it came to taijutsu. A transfer student whose sight had the Clouds future nin run the other side. She, well, she hadn’t been one to attract too much attention if any. Cosy spots, quiet places and sunny afternoons when she could doze off, that was her life at the Academy until ninjutsu woke her from her slumber.

“Hey,” she tried, voice a bit hoarse from being silent the most part of the day. Not bothering to sit up straight she studied him with an exhausted, almost lifeless, look. “it’s been a while. I never got to ask you where you’ve transferred from.”

Then, after a moment or so, the young Senju slowly raised her head. Long locks of chocolate brown hair slid across her shoulder. She offered him something that might have been a painful grimace or dying smile. “So, where are you from?”

Kano, right?

Her meal was placed before her. Then, without thinking too much, she changed seats, coming closer to him. Now they could talk or eat in silence. Both would be equally appreciated by the young Senju.

* * *​

Hak

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A warm bowl of Ramen was placed in front of him, the aroma of the pot enough to create a mouth-watering sensation. The sad and lonely look in his eyes temporarily disappeared as he looked at the dish in front of him. The perfect way to spend a cold and chilly evening as he often did by himself in this little stand. The owners themselves hardly spoke to him, often quickly taking his order and leaving him to his own devices. It was a reaction familiar to him, and as such, he thought very little of it. Picking up his chopsticks, a hoarse voice of a female slightly distracted him as he looked around to its source. One seat over sat a familiar lady, Shizuka.

It took him a moment to place the face before recognizing her. It was difficult as she often missed classes or slept her way through her time in the Academy. However, he remembered her excellent skills in Ninjutsu, far superior to his pathetic attempt at it. The panic of a female speaking to him quickly faded as worrisome feeling filled his soul. She looked beat and exhausted, should she be out and about in that condition?

Before he could respond or react to her physical condition, she changed seats closer to him, instantly reminding him of the fact that a female went out of her way to speak to him. Had he not been wearing bandages, the blood rushing to his cheeks would have given away his nervousness.

"I...uhh. A coffin." he stated confidently as if it was normal.

Although true, it took him a moment to realize the absurdity of his comment as he nervously waved his hands in the air as if telling her to ignore his last comment. "I don't have many memories...sorry." he stated awkwardly.

It was noticeable that he was socially inept though he was attempting to be kind to her. Eiko, on the other hand, was holding her stomach and laughing hysterically though only Kano could see her at this point. The young ghost hovered in front of Shizuka, studying her features carefully as if trying to figure out why this seemingly ordinary lady was going out of her way to speak to the mummified walking social ineptitude known as Kano.

"I remember you from the Academy." he stated as he tried to recollect himself from his embarrassing earlier reaction. "You were that sleeping beauty from the Academy. I use to watch you sleep." Eiko stated. Almost instantly, accidentally copying the wretched ghost, Kano copied her statement "You were that sleeping beauty from the Academy. I use to watch you sleep."

Kano blinked as Eiko laughed hysterically in the background at her successful manipulation. "Oh my god. Someone finally talks to me, and I come off like a creep again." he thought to himself in agony.

Eiko: 1 | Kano: 0

That was their score once again. "I...mean you look pretty. I mean pretty ill. Not in a wrong way, still beautiful but sick. Not like that. I mean...are you okay?"

If such a thing were possible, he would be blushing through his bandages. What a fail attempt. She'd run off he thought, and for good reason. Well, back to solitude if she did. The thought depressed him further. He wanted to die at this point.

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
For a brief moment she wondered if he would ignore her. Something about him spoke of not being fond of being bothered. But maybe it was just her memory of him at the Academy. He’s been mostly alone for - what she assumed to be - his own reasons. In fact, she believed it to be his style, just like the bandages were. A statement to the world not to mess with him. She, however, didn’t fall for that. There was nothing scary about strings of fabric being wrapped around you. And he had never done anything to cause her to be afraid of him. So, all together, she felt comfortable pulling her ramen closer to her after having moved seats.

Unsure if the coffin thing was.. a real coffin, she blinked a couple of times with light confusion marking her pale face. More blinking followed when he spoke of his lack of memories. Perhaps he simply didn’t feel like sharing with her. She understood, offered him a less exhausted smile, then turned to get a mouthful of ramen.

To her surprise he spoke up. Unable to immediately turn due to the noodles still being partly in the pool of stock, she quickly chewed when his next words brought her to a halt. Blinking again, this time looking like a dumb bird, she swallowed, coughed a little to clear her throat, then let her head fall a little to the side. Eyeing him suspiciously to see if he was about to burst out in laughter, Shizuka was confused to find him blinking as well.

Either his joke hadn’t gone as he hoped it to, or.. Well, at least he wasn’t making fun out of her, apparently. “Excuse me?” She found herself saying. Two thin eyebrows slid closer to each other - she frowned lightly. The frown, however, didn’t touch her eyes; she was only a little confused and very tired, not angry with his shenanigans.

“Ehm.. thank you, I guess?” Unsure if that was what she was supposed to say, she figured that it was to take it as a compliment of sorts.

From his voice and eyes she made out that he wasn’t trying to be mean. Maybe this guy was just a little bit awkward to people he didn’t know. It would definitely fit his rather standoffish approach at school. The thought had her wondering if he didn’t mean to keep up that cold and distant approach on purpose, but was just natural at keeping his distance through various subconscious means.

“Well, I’ve been better to be honest.” Shrugging a bit, she turned back to her food. Then, out of nowhere, the ‘coffin’ answer popped up again. She grinned. A soft laughter rumbled up from her chest. She hadn’t smiled today, not since the accident. It was good to laugh, even if a little.

Turning to Kano, she showed him her appreciation. Green eyes were just a tiny bit brighter now. Lips a little curled upwards. She still felt exhausted, but a little less hollow. “You’re funny. If you don’t want to talk about the past, that’s fine with me.”

Unsure if talking to him a bit more would have her feeling slightly better. She could only try. Piece by piece, maybe then the cold would crack. Or Melt?

“What about you?” she took another bite, slowly enjoyed it, then turned. “Are you okay?”

* * *​

Hak

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Shit."

Those were the very first word that crossed Kano's mind. Her pale face at his coffin remark seemed to signify that he had indeed screwed up. It was hard to tell if she was confused, startled, or did not believe what he was stating. She looked physically exhausted which seemed to mask her emotions a bit. Alternatively, perhaps he had the social grace of a baboon. It was quite likely that was the case. Considering his most reported conversation to date was a dead girl whose only goal in life was to traumatize him or corrupt his soul.

"Shit."

The second thought to pass to his mind at her reaction to his blundering copied comment. He could die of embarrassment right now. He could imagine the headlines; a mummy found lifeless at the ramen shop, the cause of death, social tomfoolery. He relaxed at the fact she seemed to take it in stride, perhaps a little too well. Either it was her personality, her perceptiveness, or just the fact she was too exhausted to care much. Either way, he was secretly enjoying someone wanting to speak with him. His life was one of solitude, and his longing for friendship was a painful one.

Her frown worried him as he wondered if he already ruined a potential friendship. Luckily she seemed to continue speaking to him, though her sudden burst of laughing confused him greatly.

Despite the confusion, it was an enjoyable sound. He found himself enjoying the sheer sound of her laughter. She turned to him, apparently not afraid to look him in the eye which caused a sudden uneasy feeling to overcome him. Her emerald eyes made it impossible for him to look away. The more he looked, however, the more nervous he became. He had little experience in socializing, less so when it involved a female willing to speak to him. He was confused about why she bothered talking to him, no one else ever did.

"It's not that...I don't know anything about myself." he stated honestly. He didn't seem sad about it if anything he seemed more upset about the fact he had nothing of interest to tell her about himself. Perhaps he could list his strengths?

Social Awareness? Nonexistent
Appearance? Fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

The list ended reasonably short after that. Perhaps in the future. Kano made a mental note to buy a book on how to present oneself accurately.

He shook his head; she looked ill. Placing his hand on his chest, his heart was beating rapidly for reasons he could not understand.

"My face is hot...my heart is beating fast. Moreover, my stomach is in knots...but I am ok." he stated abruptly. Of course, he had no idea what he just told this girl. His social ineptitude was genuinely beginning to show. If she didn't know it before, she would realize it now. "I am more concerned about you." he stated softly.

"You wanna do her don't you?"

Eiko, in the background. He had forgotten all about her. His face turned red with his entire body temperature burning hot. What a blasted soul, he needed to exorcise her one day.

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Unsure if he was lying she decided to give him a shot. There were cases at the Academy of those suffering from various traumas that prevented them from remember things before a certain points. Rumor had it that some of those people had even been driven to that point by trainings to draw out their ability to manipulate chakra. People said so many things, though. Shizuka was unsure how far the Cloud went in that regard. They did take children with potential in order to sustain the structure that kept them all safe. So, the experiments and trials could be there. Still, she doubted them to be as atrocious as some said they were. Most people tended to have a weak spot for the dramatic, kids frequently appeared to be no exception when it came to that. He - she turned slightly, thinking - might have hidden his past. It, of course, immediately had her wondering if the bandages were a part of it. At first they had seemed less extraordinary than they were now. She let them be, for now.

What confused her more than the lack of past.. or perhaps added to her confusion about him, was his reply to her question. If he hadn’t looked so damn serious she might have thought he was simply trying to get rid of her by being silly. His eyes, however, those entirely different eyes, had a genuine look. An intriguing and unique one, but without any sour or edgy traces. She smiled.

“I’m just… very very tired.” Nodding, she then reached out, carefully placing her palm on his chest. Through the fabric of his shirt she could feel his heartbeat. Indeed, it was going pretty fast when compared to hers. She wasn’t overly excited, on top of that she was simply too tired. Her heart was a regular, soft thudding. With her hand on his chest she found herself comparing their heartbeats for a couple of seconds. Maybe a little longer.

“Hmm,” she hummed, then pulled her hand back but only briefly. A second later it was gently put onto his forehead. He felt hot indeed. That bit of information had her frown.Perhaps he was getting ill. She leaned in a little, eyes studying his face while her hand still pressed against his forehead.

“Maybe you’re having some fever.. it could be the start of a flue, too. I mean, if you’re feeling sick because of your stomach.” Leaning back and placing her hand onto the table, she wondered what could be a good thing against potential illness. Nothing came to mind. Her mother would have known, if only she was in the village right now.

“If it remains, you should go to the doctor.” The young Senju decided with a tired nod. The chopsticks were back in her hand when the man from before appeared. She wanted two teas. Green ones. One for her and one for him. “Oh.. and maybe some honey, he seems to be getting ill. We can’t have that, right?” The man smiled, then returned to his work. Soon enough the tea would be there. She hoped that Kano wouldn’t struggle against it - she would have to force him to drink it if he refused.

* * *​

#542 MFT

Hak

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The soft touch of her hands sent shiver down Kano's bandaged body. He retracted from her contact for a moment, wincing as if expecting an attack of her behalf. The unpleasant truth was that his appearance, demeanor, and general reputation was one of a criminal nature despite his loving personality. Many ran from him in fear; however, others were much more violent in their fearful nature. Many citizens, as well as shinobi, had attacked him often, leaving him bloodied and hurt on the side of the road. It wasn't that he couldn't fight them off, he just often took the beatings as a small lonely part of himself believed if he suffered enough physically, perhaps people would no longer see him as a threat. Maybe they would realize he was not a monster, and that there would be a small chance that someone would see past his exterior.

It took him a moment to realize she meant him no harm. The moment she pulled her hand back, a strange ache appeared on his chest. A sense of longing, it was the first time someone touched him without ill-intent. It was a strange feeling. The warmth of another human being, the primal instinct of being cared for, it was all foreign territory for the young lad. She later placed her hand on his forehead, causing another fearful reaction on his part. It was all exasperated the moment she leaned into him. It was the closest he had ever been to anyone, male or female. It was a strange sensation.

Once the tea arrived, he looked at the cup. Blood. That's all he saw, a cup of blood oozing and boiling, insects crawling in and out. A sharp pain sliced through his arm as he looked over to Shizuka. Her face was deformed, teeth shattered, and blood and maggots were dripping from her face. He didn't react; he knew what was going on. Eiko was beginning to grow angry and the kindness the young lady was giving Kano. It was all an illusion, a ruse to make him fall apart once again and ruin any potential friendship.

It took all of Kano's willpower to pretend nothing was wrong. His heart was in knots, his stomach churning suddenly at the disgusting illusion he was experiencing. However, this stranger went out of his way to make him feel better and had been the first Human besides Suika to show him any form of kindness. He drank it; the taste changed. What would have been a delicious tea, tasted like blood and insects. He could feel them crawling in his mouth and down his throat. He felt sick, disgusted and repulsed. His face, however, remained unchanged. Someone finally made an effort. He wouldn't allow Eiko the satisfaction of ruining this for him, though this would get worse. He knew the next week would be spent dealing with nightmarish visions and tricks. Shizuka's kindness was worth it.

"It's good..." he stated calmly. He was used to such treatment. He had plenty of time later to think back at the scene placed on him.

He had to repay the kindness somehow. His silly little mind began churning gears on all the manga and novels he had read to learn social interactions. His social ineptitude was so amazingly nonexistent that he assumed those types of stories were real-world examples of human interaction. Shizuka was showing symptoms of complete exhaustion. How did the main character make sure it wasn't a sign of illness? Of course, he forgot she placed her hand on his forehead to check his welfare. That was the standard way to do things. However, he had his novels to help him in real life after all.

He gently placed his hands on hers to kindly have her put the chopsticks and tea down for a moment. He leaned in, placing his forehead on hers as he wondered if it felt warm. This is how they do it in those novels after all?

Eiko's Notes said:
Unbeknownst to little Kano, this was from a Romance Novel. Ignorance is bliss.

He pulled back and thought quietly. The thought dawned on him. How was the heck he supposed to know if Shizuka was ill or not? His physical interactions revolved around beatings from other people. Moments ago when she touched his chest and forehead were the moment in time that he lost his physical contact without violence virginity. Of course, he wouldn't know the difference between a sick person and a healthy person.

Gears churned in his mind again. What would be the next step? He could wrap her in a blanket burrito to give her warmth. Wait, that only is useful if she is cold. He suddenly remembered another novel on how the protagonist carried a tired friend home and tucked her in bed. She kept turning red for some reason in the story though and then she would hold him tight and make strange noises. That wouldn't work, he wanted her to feel better, not worse.

Eiko's Notes: said:
Once again Unbeknownst to Kano, this was a scene on a very provocative Ecchi novel. I had given this to him to make women creeped out by him if they chose to be too sweet to him.

Eureka! She was tired. She shouldn't do much. She had to keep all her energy of course from being used. It was like the stamina bar in those funny games he would play when alone. Picking up her soup, he grabbed the chopsticks and began trying to feed her.

"You shouldn't needlessly expend energy."

The whole situation of course was bizarre, comical, and a massive misunderstanding. Kano's attempt at paying back her kindness of worrying for him was all types of odd. If it weren't for his earnest and dedicated face, one would think he was purposely an oddball. Regardless of the immensely strange series of actions that had taken place, it wasn't hard to notice he was genuinely trying hard to help her.

"I'm...Arakaru Kano. However, you can call me Kano. Thank you for not being afraid." he stated shyly to the young girl. He did not specify exactly what she should have been afraid of. It didn't cross his mind to really specify it any further. She'd understand...he thought.

All in all, he was awkward, dorky, but earnest. His personality truly did not match his appearance.

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The micro-movement, the bit of hesitation she thought to see, she assumed it was simply his reaction to her sudden touch. Of course, a lot of people might have found it weird. She didn’t blame him if he did. If she hadn’t been so tired she might have tried to this another way, but it was too late now. Smiling when he touched her hand, Shizuka figured that he wanted for her to calm down or something, not that she looked too worried. Her mother sometimes took both of her hands to hold in order to make sure that she listened - so it might have been that too.

When his forehead touched hers, however, her mind went blank. The chopsticks were forgotten as she stared into those mysterious eyes. Blinking, she didn’t react until he let go. Wait, she didn’t react then either. Her mind was still confused. Her body frozen in space and time. Only a pair of dilated eyes studied him. That was probably the reason she didn’t make it when he took her bowl. She touched nothing but air, then left her hand on the wooden table. Blinking more when the food was offered to her.

It was an odd scene. One she wasn’t sure what to think about. Luckily for her that wasn’t too necessary. If he wanted to help her, he was welcome to. She didn’t mind. Allowing him to feed her for a while, she chewed on the noodles wondering why he did things the way he did. Was he always this kind to strangers? Or was he just a tiny bit weird? Maybe.. just maybe, she looked so sick that he thought she couldn’t do things on her own. It would make sense. She did just get out of hospital, well, sort of.

“Senju Shizuka,” she replied, oddly amused by the amount of effort he put into keeping up the feeding process. She let them until he would grow tired of it. “I don’t think that you’ve given me any reason to.” Chuckling, she took another bite, then elaborated after swallowing. Afterall, talking with your mouth full wasn’t polite.

“I mean, to be afraid of you. Though, I do remember you having some crazy skills when it came down to hand-to-hand. It was never my favorite.” Smiling brightly she raised a finger. It was softly pressed against her lips. After that a low hissing came from the back of her throat. She tried not to laugh. “Shhh don’t tell anyone, it’s a secret.”

The smile crossing her lips touched her eyes. This was a rather pleasant meeting if you asked her.

“So.. am I supposed to feed you now?” Shizuka joked, reaching out for her tea.

* * *​

Hak

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kano was utterly oblivious to her surprise and confusion. The oddity of the situation lost on him, it would never cross his mind he was a strange lad unless someone specifically told him as such. Kano continued feeding her as she spoke, making sure not to overfeed or interrupt her speech as she spoke. Surprisingly, he was rather talented at doing so which in any other situation would have surprised him.

"It is a pleasure meeting you Senju-san." he stated warmly or at least attempted. His attempt at a friendly smile came off rather dark and creepy, instead of looking more as if he was moments away from strangling the child or not. Regardless, there was no malice coming from him. She would be quick to learn; he was just a quirky individual at the end of the day.

Her confession of a memory of his Taijutsu skills startled him. Not often remembered in a positive light, he was unsure how to take the comment. He pondered the confession a moment before responding to her.

"I don't know if I would say crazy. It was always my best subject. I always found physical activities easy. I am currently learning Genjutsu more as well. Unfortunately, my Ninjutsu skills leave something to be desired, I remember being awe of your Ninjutsu techniques, however! You seemed to be alive in those classes." he stated excitedly. He seemed to hold her Ninjutsu skills in high regard as his passionate speech showed.

Watching her raise her finger to her lips at her admission of her Taijutsu skills made him squirm in his seat slightly. He wondered if she was aware of how adorable she was. Were all girls this cute he pondered? This meeting was likely the most extended conversation he had ever held with the female species. Not counting the mischievous Eiko that was.

Suddenly remembering the phantom girl, his eyes wandered slightly, she was gone. That was never a good sign. That meant she would be doing something awful soon enough. She must have grown exhausted by the kindness Shizuka was giving him.

Before he could think longer about Eiko's disappearance, Shizuka's voice brought him back to reality. He tilted his head slightly. Why would she offer to feed him? The joke went way over his head. Was she still worried about his health? Was she feeling guilty about needing help with her food?

He almost declined her before stopping short of opening his mouth. Was it proper for him to refuse her? She likely was trying to repay the favor, and he wasn't sure if it was rude not to allow someone to repay a kindness. He had never meant to be owed anything, what if she felt indebted to him? What do you do in this situation? He was overthinking this to the extreme of course and once again his lack of social grace was slapping him in the face.

He decided it was best to refuse her while leaving it open for the future softly. Though if she insisted too much, he'd likely cave in far too fast.

"I feel fine, thank you though. I want to help you for now. Maybe next time when you are feeling up to it?" he stated calmly. The shop owner sighed at the two youngsters, smiling to himself as he thought To be young again...

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She had to admit that his smile was a bit odd. Something about it told her that either he didn’t do it a lot or simply wasn’t sure how to smile properly. Perhaps those two things intertwined. In the end his smile could have been one out of some horror stories, but the lack of tension or any bad aura underlined the attempt to be friendly. She accepted it.

“I’ve always appreciated how many different things you can do with Ninjutsu, for me wielding charka is easier than throwing a punch.” Laughing, a bit embarrassed about being so upfront, she then admitted being quite terrible at Genjutsu. “Something about Genjutsu simply puts me off.. I’ve learned to trace when lower jutsu tricks me, but it’s still quite hard.”

Regarding the helping part she had made a decision. “And.. Alright, whenever you need it, I’ll help you out.” If he liked doing this, well, she didn’t find it offensive. Still quite tired both mentally and physically she was happy to warm up a little. The food and his gestures were the cause of that. She truly appreciated it, even if some bits of this conversation were slightly odd - like him.

“Do you feel like getting some sweet after this?” the young Senju suddenly wondered aloud. Her eyes were a bit wide from her own sudden suggestion, but she didn’t back out. If he wanted to go after they had wrapped up their meal, she would definitely go along. Hopefully they wouldn’t go too fast because she was a bit wobbly still. Regardless of her lack of energy, a walk through the streets with someone nice to accompany her and sweets to devour sounded really nice. She waited eagerly for his, hopefully positive, reply.

* * *​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back