Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

To rebuild... (Open)

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin had taken the summer off. He traveled back to stone to visit family and notify them of his Sennin status. They were proud of him and he met with various distant members of his family to catch up and to learn about how Stone was doing. They could not tell him too much, just as he could not tell them too much of leaf but everyone respected each others allegiances. One cousin got a little too drunk and had to be put in his place but that happens sometimes.

And so it was with devastation that he returned to find that Academy in ruins. The start of term was supposed to start soon and his school was gone. All of the tension returned at once and he developed a headache. Still, on this day, Kenshin would be working with local construction crews to begin building a new. His strength was much needed and he would be seen carrying large piles of timber as easily as if they were nothing more than twigs. At the moment, he was taking a short water break sweating slightly in the sunlight.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A young boy walked onto the rubble of what was once the academy grounds for training in the arts of being a shinobi. It was a place he never regaled before, nor would he in the future. At least he had no prospects of such. What brought him here was a wild card draw of a chance attempt at finding information connected to his sister. She wasn't a student at this school, but there might have been a chance she was a teacher. Or maybe, one of the instructors from Iwagakure was here, and would have some information on her.

The place was, well, a disaster area. It only boggled the mind at the possibilities of what happened to destroy the school. Some student doing just the wrong handsigns and channeling to much chakra, a teachers demonstration going wrong, a horrible prank. He walked up to a main that was sitting nearby, "Hello. What happened here?" He didn't actually care really. Just seemed like the thing to say.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin's head turned to see the approaching person who had asked the question. His face soured a little at the question .

"As of right now, I don't know. I just came back from a vacation and found the school and Hokage mansion in complete disarray. Being a teacher and Sennin,
I am overseeing the efforts. AH sorry for the long answer. Name is Yuu Kenshin."
He would state after apologizing for a long answer that said he did not know.

"So as of right now, we are only a quarter of the way through the process. Any help you can provide would be useful. Contacts, physical strength, even ninjutsu can be used to help instead of hurt as you probably know."

As he said this, a man was having trouble breaking a piece of wood. Kenshin walked over and made his chakra sharp with a chakra extension and with one clean chop, the piece of wood broke neatly into 2.

"The work is never done. as you can see." he said smiling.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"No idea huh... Sounds..right. Well nice to meet you. My name is..um..Hi..Kishin." Took a moment for him to remember. He wasn't hiding his identity this time. And to leave last names off. He would avoid doing stupid shit while out and about during the day. So knowing who he was shouldn't matter much.

"Sorry. I am not much of a ninjutsu user. Never trained in the shinobi arts. Not really." A partial lie, though it wasn't such a formal training as one at a school for it. "How about you. You look pretty strong. I would fair to guess you are a shinobi huh sir?" A fair guess. Though he could have just as easily been a very buff construction worker.

"I actually came here looking for someone that was a shinobi. I don't know if she was a teacher or not but was hoping to find some information on her. But I guess records isn't exactly around anymore huh." He looked around, the sight in complete rubble. He wasn't going to get what he wanted here most likely. At least not from a person. They were all to busy most certainly now.

A man came over and asked for help. Kenshin stood up and headed over, and he watched as the man molded chakra and chopped it with his hands. HIS BARE HANDS. Ya..he was certainly not some construction worker..He smiled at him as he looked back over making a remark about his work.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kesnhin barked a laugh at the question if he was a shinobi. Oh was he ever.

"As you saw I most certainly am a shinobi. Main branch Sennin. And very nice to meet you. And you seem to be someone who could handle a little bit of training.
When you are around ninja all the time, you get a sense for them you know. "
He smiled noting the posture Kishin was in. A little on the cautious side. Well if he had secrets he had them. No need to pry.

"So you are looking for someone? Well I may be able to help with that. I see a lot of faces. A moment. he stated as he was approached by a woman carrying a bucket of what looked like tar. Without needing to say a word, Kenshin formed a few hand signs and a small flame appeared in his hand. He picked up the bucket and after a few moments the tar heated up causing a slight smell that Kenshin endured. After a moment, the woman took the bucket this time in a wheel barrow as to not burn herself.

"Now who is this woman you are looking for?" Kenshin would ask smile on his face.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shit, another Sennin. What was that now, 2, 3 maybe? Though this one seemed more personable. He was surprised for a moment, and it showed easily. "Well..um..It's nice to meet you..um sir! Er Yuu!" He needed to get a grip. Human interaction certainly wasn't his best quality, though whenever he met someone of seniority, usually something negative would always occur. And he noticed that acting, slightly afraid and courteous would get him out of those situations positively, or at least not as badly injured.

The man told him he would help, it was a surprise actually. "Re..really?!", obvious of how he was feeling.

Kenshin came back after heating the bucket by hand, showing off his capabilities with ninjutsu elements. He seemed happy, given the situation around them. Almost too happy. It was a little suspicious. "I am looking for someone by the name Yaku Sara. She is about..14 or so, young. About.." He held his hand out as if measuring. "My height actually. And a medinin."

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would pause a moment thinking hard.

"That name... yeah I know her. Been a while since I saw her though! She was one of the first I met within the village when I transferred. Could summon that little white thing. We fought the former daimyo together. That seems impossibly long ago." Kenshin would say as he starred off for a bit.

The reminder that she was a meedical ninja shocked him a little. Ever since that incident he hated most medical shinobi. It was his peference to get better on his own since they let them die... But that was so long ago...

He shook his head.

"Yes I know her but sadly haven't seen her lately. Why is it you are looking for her? If important enough , I can get some others on it if you want." he tested the waters. The questioner was cautious by nature and asking after a shinobi could be seen as innocent enough but it could also not be. Like a game of shogi, they moved.

Kenshin would return to a task of hammering nails into a piece of wood, his muscles reacting to memory as he kept his eyes on Kishin.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He knew here, finally a lead. Though some of the information shocked him a little. He spoke about some white thing, that was weird. Though what was more shocking, she fought against the daimyo. She fought a daimyo, former? Of the Fire Country? What have they made his sister do. Such an innocent girl, courageous and nice. Was she like him now? A monster in sheep's wool?

"Haven't seen her for a while? Hmm. Though at least you met her after she transferred, and then after. It isn't that important. I was just going to report it to the shinobi. Um, you wouldn't...well of course you would. You're a sennin. Where is the Kage's office? I was planning on letting them know so they could tell her. I am sure she would be along to that at some point. It's not enough to need to search for her I imagine. I was just checking on her. She..." He thought for a moment. What should he tell this man. Having others search her out would certainly help his situation. But...he didn't exactly..Well. He wasn't to ready for her to meet him. He still had a long way to go to be personable enough to walk among the people. "She is a family friend. My. Um.. Well, her mother. Her mother and father were wanting to know where she was. Back in Iwagakure. They.. Um her mother, came down with a horrible sickness. Pox, boils..all over. Red and black. Pus coming out. Burn scars. She was raped and cut,killed by those horrible people!" It was the truth, in a certain sense. Her real mother, their mother's story. Even if they told her that, she would probably reach out to Iwagkure. Her other parents, they probably didn't suffer such. She would be relieved by such news once she heard that.

What would have been considered odd though, was how his demeaner and attitude. The words he spoke. They didn't really change tones with the grim news that was being forwarded.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin frowned a little. Bad news indeed. And his story made sense at least a little. She was from Stone, she had said as much. The tone was odd but shinobi were odd. Curious.

"Hmmm that is indeed rough. I feel sorry for her. Unfortunately, the Kage office is right there." and Kenshin would point to another building that had been thoroughly destroyed in an explosion. "It seems whoever did this hit both buildings. Still, I can help relay inforamtion."

With that he would bite his thumb to draw blood and go through some hand signs before pushing a hand on the ground. With a pop, a red copper husky would appear.

Akihiko! Sorry for the long time of no talking. Busy as you know. Could you send the message to the the Kage office for us asking about Yaku Sara? This person is looking for her." he said carefully stressing the 'this' for his dog to hear.

With that, Akihiko would sniff the new comer and let his tounge hang out of his mouth. AS he walked by Kenshin he would whisper something and then be off in a flash.

Kenshin would still be frowning at the news.

"Ill news. But this is the way. Stone is not kind to some folk. I originally came from Stone. Sara told me she was from Stone and she was an excellent ally against the daimyo that was here. She helped found this village indirectly and should be made sure of important news coming from her... family friend." Just the briefest of pauses.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He watched as the man made his actions. For a brief stint, amazement then quickly followed by distress would appear on the boys face but then he calmed his nerves and watched as the dog ran towards the nothingness. For a brief moment the horrid thought of, 'I can kill that dog right quick' passed his mind. He even motioned for it, chakra being moved towards his hand but then he looked back at the man whom summoned the little dog. 'Well, maybe this will help me find her after all.' The possibilities, the variables weren't exactly how he wanted. But if she was here, she would pass through the gate to head back to Iwagakure. 'I will just have to keep an eye on the gates for the next few days.'

Kenshin spoke again about the people of stone, and it was a truth of the people. "Yes well, it would be good for her to know of it. I just hope she takes comfort in knowing that those responsible were dealt with in kind. Someone as important as she deserves to be kept safe. Though I do hope to keep her from knowing some of the gorier details. Plus she should continue living in her rightful home...I mean.. Her duties here are important I heard. And they are proud of the work she is doing. I.." The hole was getting deeper.

"Anyways I do have a question for you. How...how did you conjure that dog? Do..can you seal living animals inside scrolls?" It reminded him of what that guy had done several days ago with the big bird. He really needed to learn how to do that. "I wouldn't mind being able to do that. A dog at that as well. Could..could you teach me that trick? Summoning a dog. I mean..it does seem mean to put a living animals contained in such. I would imagine it doesn't hurt?"

OOC: Worth a try. You wouldn't happen to have the Summon ability would you?

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC; I do not have the summoner ability. Sorry!

Kenshin watched the boy for a second. He was thinking hard about something. Hmm.

"Saving her from some of the details would be nice but that little one has seen war. Brought done some puppeteers on her own. I imagine she needs less protecting than you think. But that is up to your discretion. I'll let you know if I can sniff anything out on my end." Kenshin let the boy dig a small word hole in front of him. Family friend indeed.

As the topic was brought up of summoning, Kenshin made sure to keep helping the people around him. He continued to hammer nails into boards as he answered.

"Oh I imagine if I sealed one of them in a scroll they would be very mad at me!" Kenshin barked a laugh "No summoning is different.
You must form a contract with the beasts in question. I was lucky, one found me as I was training. It was a very good experience. I would suggest looking for one of your own. My pack is very strong and great allies as you have seen. Maybe with a contract of your own, you can find your missing...friend."

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He acted like he enjoyed the talk with Kenshin. Though he did seem a little humorous. Quite different from himself. It was something he would have liked to adept to himself. He wished he could be like him. He even laughed a little about the sniffing her out part. Also, he had decent praises of her which lighted his heart. "Good. I am glad to hear she has done so well and so much.", echoed prior to him stating about holding some of the information in reserve.

But, of course. All good things must end. And especially in his world. A world where a slight was equal to death and an attack was a form of greeting. Kenshin, made a slight of sorts. He let out a word he hadn't expected. He became worried. And no, it wasn't about not being able to lock animals into scrolls. It were the words of the sennin that bothered him greatly. "Missing?" He was alarmed. What did he mean by this? He felt bothered to speak to the sennin to much but now perhaps he let something slip by mistake. "Wait...what..what do you mean by missing? Is...Is Sara missing?" His words had force behind them.

Kishin's attitude changed on a dime. He went from a..seemingly happy, yet cautious, and fairly polite young teen to a rude, very direct and..well average teen actually. It was a stark contrast. Though it might have been hard for anyone to take one so short or young series. Especially someone as seasoned as Kenshin to take a kid without shinobi training serious in any manner. Then again, those were other people. "What have you done with her! I swear, if anything has happened to her." He looked Kenshin in dead in the eyes. It might have been quite the view for once of Kishin's face. His odd eyes, one reddish tinged black in all and iris of gold, the other white and lavender. He of course knew something was off about this kid.

Kishin waited for the explanation, and if it weren't something akin to him mistaking his words, or saying he meant on Kishin's end she was missing, certainly things would devolve downwards. He thought back to his passed. Remembering all that he had gone through, all that he had done and seen. He had never taken on a shinobi, well, rather never taken on that was a shinobi in active service on before. Sure he had evaded, and avoided being seen by them. But never fought. He had taken out ex-shinobi of course, or those trained in the arts. Though, he had never taken on someone that was of the rank Sennin. Big shots as they were in the underworld, ex-shinobi were spoken highly of and brought an understanding that they were to be avoided. Of course, that was Kishin's purpose for being back home. The question was, how would he fair here?

Half hardheartedly, if Kenshin's words weren't what he wanted to hear, he would start weaving several hand seals. Slow as they were, they were purposeful. Then he stopped, and breathed in deeply then out. "Sorry. I..I wasn't thinking. We hadn't heard from Sara in such a long time...I..just hope nothing has happened to her." He sounded truly apologetic. And he really was.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin saw the change as he heard it. In a swift flash Kenshin was right in front of Kishin smiling with a hand on his shoulder.

"Calm down. he said the smile still in place but firm. "She is within the city last I checked. No need to work yourself up over a little bit of misunderstanding. I don't want to fight but if you start destroying what we are building here, I will put you down and throw you in jail myself." Kenshin all but whispered the last part and for an instant, he flared his chakra a little so he could sense how much he had. As he did, his muscles flexed in responsive.

Kenshin would then take a step back and begin his work again. The moment passed and no one seemed aware of what passed between the two.

"I will do my best to find her. One of my hounds is on the trail and he will do his part. As what must we all. Here, carry these."

Kenshin would hold out one of the boards he had nailed together. If he took it he would lead him to an are to hand off to another work who would thank them. If not, Kenshin would shrug and take them over to the man waiting for them and come back.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He relaxed his movements, but as Kenshin placed his hand onto the boys shoulder, he wouldn't feel the least bit of cushion as he touched down, or even as he pushed as he flexed, except what his own hand provided. The boys shirt skidded across his skin like ice. Kishin wasn't pushing back in the least, so why would it feel so tough to the touch? It almost felt as if he was pushing down on stone, or perhaps metal would be a better comparison. Something about this wasn't right, that would at least be felt.

He said his apologies and Kenshin took a step back. The boy just stood there and it seemed concerned about the stillness of him. He asked the boy to carry some boards and Kishin just looked at him with an odd gaze like that of a kitten, seeming to say 'wait, are you communicate something to me?', minus the head tilt. He stepped forward and held his arms out, taking whatever was placed within and followed behind Kenshin. "So...why are you guys rebuilding a permanent structure? Or rather a wooden structure? Wouldn't it be easier to just...blink a building into existence using..maybe earth jutsu?" It seemed like it would be an easier method for sure. "Back in the earth country, you could create and destroy homes with ease. As long as space could be fou..er allowed."

He would wait for a response before interjecting, "Seems like a lot of hard work for little return. Getting 10 or so earth users would cut this work in half easily. Or...even wood jutsu?"

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin noticed that as he touched the obviously trained shinobi in front of him, something was different. Still, he kept his cool. He followed him as he handed the material over. He thanked the other man in return and luaghed as he turned to the questions asked.

He must be young. Somethings you only learn by living.

"There are some earth jutsu users here who make the foundations or walls that must be made of stone. However you ask as to why we don't use exclusively ninja for this task. The answer is twofold, so I apologize for talking your ear off. First by making it by hand we are putting a bit of ourselves into it. We are more proud to be in a building that we built with hard labor than weaving a few handsigns. Think of it like training. If two people are at the same rank the only difference being that one was naturally gifted while the other struggled to get there through hard work, which one would appreciate the post more? Which one would work extra hard to maintain that position? It is the same as for this building. If he used jutsu to make it, we would get sloppy. 'Oh we can just fix it again no problem.' By building it ourselves, we are guaranteeing that we will put more effort into maintaining it." Kenshin would stop and let that sink in for a moment before continuing.

"The second reason is easier to observe. Please, just look around."

In the area there were non shinobi and shinobi working together. Most of the ninja were genin or students helping where they could.

"Teamwork. Not only in between we ninja but between ninja and non ninja. A village contains both and both must be in harmony if we are to survive. Not only are we building bonds with civilians, but this builds teamwork among the the teams that will one day leave the village and risk their lives for Leaf. I want to give them the best fighting chance out there in that cold, cruel world, so I Will best prepare them as I can while they are here or those who I can persuade to train harder. They are, as are you,
the future of Leaf. And I Would see myself dead before seeing one of you fall in combat.

Kenshin would look at Kishin as he was saying the last sentence his eyes almost flashing.

"So that is why we simply do not use jutsu. The right way and the easy way are rarely the same path."

MFT 433

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ya well then, sometimes the right way sucks...." It was rather plain and flatly spoken. Perhaps rude having come from a kid, though a hint of wisdom and experience might have been felt to be mixed in. It said a lot probably about both of their characters, or then again, perhaps the lots given to them in life. "I would much rather not have to go through such and just be. And If I couldn't, I would rather have what is needed immediately, then have it later." He looked up at the sky. "It might be sunshine and happy puffy clouds. But ...darkness will eventually come. The cold or rain will not care whether you have it the right way, or the quick way. Just that you have it." Now that was meant as an insult surely. His face cringed into an appearance of anger and angst as he spoke. It sounded, he spoke in a smart ass kind of manner as he said the words, though with some ferociousness mixed in. Aimed at Kenshin or something else was the question.

The boy started to walk off, then turned around. "Well, I am glad you feel that way about someone visiting your.." He kicked a piece of rubble. "Peaceful village. I hope you will still help someone whom most likely won't be contributing to your village. Really, I am honored of your commitment sir. But I have those I must look after. And a home...A..hmmm. Well, lets just say not everyone's future is so set." He started to walk off before loudly calling out, "If you find Sara, please let me know. I will be at the Old Oak inn." And he continued to walk off.

The sennin, Yuu Kenshin certainly seemed like a nice person. The men of this village seemed to be the more straight forward within. And the females...perhaps it was just medics? They were a little more...crazy! It was quite the opposite to how Iwagakure was. Quite so. He continued off, and looked around the area, trying to take everything in. He would scheming a plan. The destruction was quite great, but their misfortune might have been his stroke of luck. He would certainly have to come back here in the near future.

(I couldn't think of much else as Kishin isn't really a philosophical type person. If you want to stop me I don't mind.)
(Leaving topic unless stopped)

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin frowned a little but understood.

"Dark times always appear. It is how we deal with the dark times that defines our peaceful days. It is why I train every day. So when the dark times come, I am ready to take it on, full force. No hesitation. Some people deal with the darkness with hatred. Some revel in it. Myself, I simply meet it head on. I have had many dark days in my life and I have survived this long. I will continue to survive until my body betrays me or I willingly give my life for this village. That is the simple truth. And despite the setback, we still are alive." Kenshin would say as he looked at the boy, for that was what he truly was still a boy. But still he already that chip on his shoulder. It was common at that age but still.

As he walked away he would call out

"I will and I know you contribute to the village in some way. We all do in acts big and small. I will see you around. Until then, be well." Kenshin shouted as he waved.

He then returned to his task, nailing pieces of wood and doing various tasks around the building site. He would remind students to take breaks otherwise they would burn up what little chakra reserves they had or tell Genin to stop goofing off. Kenshin did use some earth jutsu to get a solid foundation and then nailed and hammered with the rest of the village folk until the sun had went down.

All while he worked, he thought about his conversation. Is that what his life was now? Training for the dark days to ultimately give his life for? Did he fight for the pleasure of it or to defend the next generation. That one was easy. To protect the next generation is why he fought. He did take grim satisfaction at his handy work but in the end it was simply a job and one that he was really good at.

Kenshin went to sleep that night stil lsure of his purpose and his reasoning. Now how would he pass that along to others?

[mft 368]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back