Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Trials of the Sentinel [Private][Tutor]

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Trials of the Sentinel [Private]

Her wounds weren't as grave as the one whom she faced, but it was the first time she had been injured this badly in a battle. The practice ones at the academy were mild compared to this, and usually she was the one with the upper hand. This time though, she still slightly had an upper hand, but she was more damage then Celery. Or at the very least, she wasn't as used to fighting as him, and her stamina was waning. She could try to heal herself, and make up for some of that difference in stamina, bring herself back to anew. She started working on doing such, weaving the signs for a healing jutsu. She was hurting from that last onslaught, and anything to relieve such she deemed as an improvements that moment. The pain was just that great to her. And as she weaved the handseals, the thought about the differences in the benefit vs, the thought was quickly broken. The young shinobi didn't have time to think. Before she could react The man was atop of her, using that odd teleportation move to get towards Sara, and just as she reacted, she was caught by his ninjutsu. A swell of water encapsulated the young shinobi, keeping her from doing much else for the time being, and what was worse, the water was making it difficult to breath. She tried to use a ninjutsu on herself, to heal her wounds but her arms felt heavy and couldn't move. She tried to fight against it, but nothing was coming about her attempt. She turned up the intensity of her aura, causing it to become stronger and stronger. The lightning within the bubble grew and crackled, causing the very water to break apart and destroying to containment of the water. After another second, the bubble burst and she was freed, rolling back as she landed on the ground and jumping away from Celery. But the man she was facing had similar thoughts it seemed. The ANBU man had already prepared his counter. He used a cloning like jutsu and moved away from her, leaving in his place two copies between where he now stood, and herself. And Sara just stood at the ready again, thinking if she should attempt to heal herself now that time was afforded to her.

[Training]
WC: 390

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Enough...

Sabaku had witnessed all he needed to see from this little girl. Her fighting spirit was far greater than her age should entail, her power was just the same. She would surely be a powerful kunoichi in the future. Sabaku would release his clones and relax his body, ending any jutsu he might have been maintaining. He would sit down for a moment before removing the ninja wire she had used on him previously. Standing back up, he would begin to approach the little girl, re winding the wire back for re use. He made his way next to her and handed over the wire, then reached into his pack and pulled out a few health pills, handing a few to her as well. You fight well for someone of your age, you surprised me. Now then... I suppose I should give you your grade... Everything seemed to check out for her, it was just a simple matter of going over her actions for the day. Now if you recall I said that there were three tests that I would use to determine your qualifications. We have only done 2 that you know of. Only two they were clearly visible, though he figured she was also as equally smart as she was capable in battle, but would reveal it anyways. The third test was obvious. A test of might and skill, you did not defeat me, but that was not the point. I merely wished to observe your level of power and what you would do in given circumstances. You're persistent in your efforts and I approve of the third test. The second test, I requested that you bring me the kunai. Albeit at the cost of extra energy and making quite a bit of noise, you completed the task none the less. This showed me your thought process and your ability to formulate plans and carry them out. Now for the first test, one which was not made clear to anyone. The bag I handed you all at the beginning of the day. I instructed everyone to not look inside until I gave the order, clearly you saw what happened to those who failed to listen. That showed me your ability to follow orders. Yes... a recap of the day was everything he needed to say. Everything checked out and she had passed all of his tests and also happened to be the last one standing.

Now then, we are faced with 3 options, One, you can turn down this apprenticeship even after passing all of my tests and continue with your own life and choices. Two, you can join the ranks of the ANBU. Doing this will grant you a white mask indicating your rank as an Anbu in training and you will be assigned a general mentor at the discretion of our sennin. Or three, there exists a branch within the Anbu itself, we are of a different... style than our Anbu counterparts. We do not hide behind a mask, but rather work out in the open, devoting our life to the protection of the village and those who cannot help themselves. What will you choose? By now, that older man had wandered off somewhere, probably for the best now that he was conducting official anbu business. Sabaku would wait for her answer before proceeding with any further action.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Sara flinched when the man spoke, getting into a position to counter what he was to deliver. But, the actions never came to her surprise. Instead, a commendation and the ever present "Grade" of pass or fail. Sara's breath picked up, still unsure if this was a rouse. She in her mind was completely overtaken by the man, and didn't need the moments pause to be bewildered again, though she did pause on attacking. She saw the man that was watching take his leave, and that did cause her to relax ever so slightly. Maybe it was over? The agent unwrapped her wire and rolled it up for her and held it outreached. She hesitantly reached out and took it, along with the health pills. Okami seemed satisifed that the fight had ended, though disappointed in the outcome at the end. The god wolf stretched and in a moment vanished in a puff of smoke.

The man went over what had happened during the day, and how he felt she performed. She listened to him, though still on edge of an attack, and put the wire away. She was still sure this was going to bite her in the ass. The pills, maybe poison? The test to her didn't seem like it was truly over. The adrenaline still pumping, everything still seeming slow in movement to her, though speeding up to normal. The thought constantly going around to her, that 'the test is over. I could relax. But he could be tricking me...that would be a thing ANBU would do according to some students at the academy...'Around the middle of his second test she let out a sigh of relief, the adrenaline gone and his actions seemed, safe. The looked at the pills he handed her, rolled them around then popped them both back.

The man finished his explanation, and Sara stayed silent. It wasn't through respect, but from exhaustion. The exhaustion that the pained caused her of his attacks. She used a medical jutsu to heal the sprain in her arm, then looked at her opponent. He was pushing through the fracture in his legs, almost making it look like it wasn't affecting him. A testament to his capabilities, for certain and compared to her, amazing. That was what she needed. It wouldn't take long for her injury to heal, and then she was posed with three options by the man. One fit to her style, one wasn't an option, and the other though acceptable, was as certain as the other possibility. "Well, something has to come from this, so giving up is out. And between the other two choices. The certainty of protection of the village and helping others seems more my favorable to the unknown. So, option three please." Sara smiled, feeling almost like she was back to normal.

Sara pulled her rings off and put them in her pocket, then pulled out a pack. She removed one of the medical strips and placed it onto a bruise. The bruise lightened in color, and the pain went away. The strip was lavender in color and had a picture of pony on it. She pulled another out, yellow in color with a similar picture and placed it onto another wound. She looked over at the man and held two of them out, one pink in color and the other bright green. "I enchanted these myself, they help with wounds greatly. Also, if you want, I can fix that leg of yours?" She had relaxed greatly, and it showed. The pain was almost entirely gone, and she felt he wouldn't be up to much else. Though even she knew rest would be needed.

[Training]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

The girl listened to him without interrupting, a good sign. After presenting her with choices, she chose a route that he himself had chosen many years ago, actually around her age as well. This in of itself excited Sabaku, as the general population of guardians were particularly low. The circumstances that he himself became a guardian was not like this though, this was the anbu way of testing people. But Sabaku saw potential in the girl's eyes and perhaps, with the right guidance, she could become a valiant member of the guardians of stone. Thus ensuring the program's continuity and the village's safety.
Pushing through the pain still, Sabaku would kneel and place his hand on the little girl's shoulder. I am glad to hear it, while the fact remains that you are young, you have the fighting spirit of your elder jounin comrades. Though the journey ahead of us is uncertain and full of danger and evil, I fully believe in you. In your bag you will find a few things. Firstly a radio encoded with the Anbu frequency, a blank white mask and a badge. The bag is safe to open now, feel free to extract the items. The headset would be useful should she require backup or even hear another call for it. The mask and badge were but two options. She wouldn't be needing the mask as she chose the other route. The badge was bronze of color, signifying her initiation in the ranks of the Guardians. The mask you can keep as a souvenir if you would like, the badge however, you must keep on your person at all times. It signifies your authority as an acting member of the anbu corps, under the guardian sanction. Soon after she pulled out some bandages and healed herself. Sabaku looked longingly towards them, wishing he could get one of those magical wraps. The pain was immense, but he was attempting to mask it to not look like a wimp in front of his newly acquired apprentice. But then she offered one to him, and he couldn't bear it any longer. He would fall back onto the ground giving his legs a rest. Oh yes please, you really did a number to me back there... genius using the wires like that... though extremely painful ha ha Sabaku would scratch the back of his head and give a classic closed eye smile. He would allow her to apply her enchanted wraps, a color of her choosing of coarse. He would chuckle lightly at the image placed upon his bandage. People are sure to get a kick out of this new style, Sabaku, the Guardian of ponies, they will say. Sabaku attempted to joke with her, hoping he could related on a humorous level. He saw now point in keeping up with the "official" façade. It wasn't really his nature unless it came to official business. Otherwise he was a fun loving, kind hearted soul.
Standing back up to his feet and dusting his clothes off, he would refocus his attentions back towards Sara.Now than... have you any questions of me? Sabaku would allow her ample time to formulate any inquiries she might have before he would begin to figuratively "close up shop" for the day.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Was he trying to relax her? Danger..Evil..What the hell had she gotten herself into. That is what she would have had thought if she were just a few years older. But no, she didn't react that way. She just smiled at his words, fraught with the horrible things to come. Upon giving her the okay she opened the bag without a second thought. The immature and thoughtless action that might have been. Knowing that someone had blown their face off not that long ago by doing just such.

Within, was the radio, the mask of white, and a bronze badge. The items seemingly plain. She would have to swap out the headset she had for this one, the mask....had some appeal to it. And then the badge. Celery told her she needed to keep this handy at all times. It signified her as a member of ANBU, and the guardian sanction of it. She had some knowledge about the guardians, but not much except they were a slowly vanishing sect of old ways of thinking. Rarely spoken of, but known for their abilities and servitude to the greater good. She had high hopes that this would lead to much greater strength and abilities. "Thanks. I hope great things come about because of this as well!", a cheerful and yet, something hidden within the words could be felt. Nothing sinister, but an emotion of some sort that was dark. These things she needed, to bring about a future in order to avoid past blunders. She placed the stuff back into the bag bag and slung it onto the ground after he finished speaking. The pain had become much harsher.

During her attempt to heal herself she looked over at the man she had been fighting. Though he seemed to be in decent order, she knew he was injured greatly despite his fortitude. She offered him one of her specialty bandages and he accepted gratefully. She applied the bandage that seemed to slowly decrease the swelling and slight cuts from her wire. Celery made a comment about her use of the wires, and she seemed happy by his comment. It was a ditch effort that paid off. Something she had been working on, but a moving, breathing target was much more difficult and intense. As he laid back, smiling as she applied the bandage, she took the time to also heal his fractured legs along with her sprained arms at the same time. It would help alleviate the pain, and decrease the swelling quicker. Her would was easy enough, she just had to reduce the swelling, and alleviate the muscle tears. But for him, it would take a little while for it to heal properly, and for the pain to completely vanish, something her bandage would help mend, by healing the muscle tissue similar to what she was doing to her arms. The movement was quick, the chakra leaving her hands as she placed the bandage on and increased the growth rate of bone cells, allowing osteogenesis to occur quicker. Every second that passed, the injure would feel better and better. It wouldn't take long but soon enough, he would be in better condition then she was.

The man made a joke about her choice of bandage, and she smiled. "They are cute huh. If you want, I can apply another." She took another one out and placed it upon herself. The first one she put on, the redness had vanished significantly where he had punched her. She accepted their fight with grace, something others might not have been so gung ho about. But she got him almost as bad as he did her, and though she was certainly one to hold a grudge, she would get him back eventually, somehow.

After a few more minuets, her, well now leader? Sensei? Um, well something got to his feet. He would notice the pain being lighter already. He looked to her and asked if she had any questions for him. She thought for a second and replied. "So, do I just keep calling you ...um? Guardian?"

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
They are cute huh. If you want, I can apply another.

I think I'll be ok, your medical skills are quite exceptional for someone of your age.

So, do I just keep calling you ...um? Guardian?

Well... I've been known by more than a few names, Sabaku is my birth name, I've also gone by The Guardian of Celerity, even just "The Guardian". However, you may call me what you wish, whether its sir, sensei or any of the previous titles. A name is just a name. You may call me whatever you wish Sara, Is there anything you would like me to call you? After all, now that you are a guardian, you may also take up the mantle of an ideal you hold dear. Celerity was a representation of my speed, therefore I am. What ideals or ambitions do you feel worthy of calling yourself?

Claiming a title was the last step to fulfilling the oath of Guardianship, a task that only Sara could complete. The rest she would learn in time, under the tutelage of one of Stone's last guardians. With this young girl ascending to the ranks of the guardians, it would show that the guardians were perhaps not as extinct as others may have thought or hoped. Yes, the future looked bright again once more. The power of youth would surely prevail and keep this village safe from any evil that may seek to do it or its denizens harm, from an outside source even to those within...

Should Sara decide on a name:
Interesting... I look forward to fully understanding the depth of meaning behind your choice, BUT for now, I need you to gather your things and head home for now. We've both had a long day. You've earned yourself some rest. Go now, prepare yourself for the journey that awaits us, I will find you in a weeks time with your first mission as my apprentice.

Sabaku would ruffle her hair before helping her pick up her belongings, and would send her on her way. Today was the beginning of something grand, something remarkable. This feeling was one filled with thrilling anticipation. Sara, Sabaku's first pupil... One can only wonder what the future will hold for this marvelous duo.

Should Sara not think of a name:
Yes well, I had great difficulty deciding on a name as well. In time your true nature will reveal itself to you and you will know without a doubt what your calling is, don't worry, the time will come.

Sabaku would ruffle her hair before helping her pick up her belongings, and would send her on her way. Today was the beginning of something grand, something remarkable. This feeling was one filled with thrilling anticipation. Sara, Sabaku's first pupil... One can only wonder what the future will hold for this marvelous duo.

MFT
Mentor topic complete, ready for review
Sara givin IC anbu status
Topic left unless stopped

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A secret, agent name. Woah, woah woah. Wow..wait.. She would get to pick her own, Secret agent name! A secret agent name! A...secret agent name? She had nothing at the moment. She never really put that much thought into a code name for herself. She stood their in silence for a moment thinking. Plenty of the greats usually had a code name they went by. Though, she kinda thought it was given to them perhaps? What was great about her? Medicine...healing, helping people, um..Angel? "Um..how about...no. Um...ummmm." ' Angel the guardian, wait, Guardian Angel...no. No that wouldn't work.' She didn't want to waste this opportunity and come up with something stupid, or that could be used as a joke.

She had a odd expression on her face, something beyond a deep thought, and utter confusion. "I...don't know?..." That is what she came up with. Sara of the utter nothingness. "I...never really thought that much about a code name before."

(No response answer chosen)

Sabaku tried to encourage, telling her basically no rush was needed and she would eventually think of something. Sabaku ruffled her hair and they started to gather what was left around before leaving. Sara turned back to Sabaku before they parted ways. "Sabaku. Um, I hope it's okay if. I like Sabaku best. SA baku, Sa like in, Sara." Sara laughed a little at the small joke. Though more of a slight discomfort of the situation perhaps. 'The Guardian, and that word again, celer...y. Ity? Celeryti? Celerity. It was weird name. And THE GUARDIAN, seemed a little....well it was cool. But it also didn't sit well? Its a little, impersonal', she thought. "Well, it is nice to be working together with you Sabaku...sir."

Sara left Sabaku behind, heading back home. It was still kinda early in the morning, but she felt like some rest would be a good thing. The dark skies above hadn't changed all that much, and the aura around her had weakened enough to cause her clothing to get a little wet. She wanted to change out of them and get into something dry as well.

[Leaving topic]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back