Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Tricks are for Kids [Open!]

Kuru Naohiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riku watched a leaf drift lazily by his head. Leisurely. Careless. Free.

How do you manage it, he thought, grabbing hold of the leaf before it passed him.

Reality came back to him as he remembered the small crowd forming around his crudely made stall, made from abandoned crates around the buildings. Riku grabbed hold of the deck of cards and giving a smile towards the next participant as he walked over.

“Morning,” Riku said with an innocent smile, shuffling the cards in his hands, “Do you want to give the game a go?”

The small crowd watched this new challenger; strong build, but lacking in size. The man gave a firm nod, staring at the cards as they shuffled in Riku’s hand.

“Got a name?” Riku asked,

“Haruo” Haruo replied

“Well goodman Haruo,” Riku said, flicking three cards down onto the stall, “50 yen.”

Haruo held the yen out for Haruo to grab, casually flicking it down the sleeve of his stylish dark blue robe, out of sight. He’d just purchased this robe yesterday, having admired the simple stitching with such soft colours into the fine simplicity that it formed across his torso. The clothing also importantly made him stand out just that bit more.

Riku flipped the three face down cards over, showing a small face hand painted on them.
Nipponia_jokers.jpg

“Goodman Haruo, if you can pick this card, I’ll double your yen,” Riku explained with a smile, his finger placed on the demon face, “Lose and the yen is mine. Simple.”

With those instructions, Riku flipped the card backdown and went to shuffle the remainder of his deck once more before placing it on the table beside the cards.

“Ready?”

Haruo gave the nod and Riku went about sliding the three cards on the counter, beginning slowly before suddenly moving the cards at a rapid pace, almost seeming to throw the cards at some points as he moved them. The action beginning to make his wrist wrappings, that he had quietly loosened while shuffling the deck, droop down.

As he shuffled the three cards on the counter, he began to use his pinkie finger to catch the underside of the cards, flicking them slightly into the air as he moved them, giving a small spectacle that seemed to gather more people to the stall. It was at this moment that he flicked the card he’d hidden in his robe out, catching it out of the air as it quickly went beneath the correct card mid-air, which he then placed on the table again to hide, the action disguised in his hand movements.

As the spectacle stopped and the crowd watched Riku settle the cards in front of the Haruo, he noticed the short man having a small bead of sweat from the pressure.

“It’s the one on the right.” Haruo said after a few tense moments.

With a smile, Riku raised up the card to the right, the symbol staring at Haruo and the crowd behind him.
ade10d871a3d42d4b890a60bc57f8d02_original.jpg

“I’m sorry goodman Haruo,” Riku said, gripping the two stacked cards along the rim to hide his deceit, “Want to give it another try?”

With a defeated shake of his head, Haruo moved to leave. In return, Riku moved to collect the cards, sandwiching the false card between two of the proper ones, to hide his action of sliding it back into his robe.

“Wait!” One of the people in the crowd shouted, “Which was the real card?”

This question had Haruo stop in his tracks and spin around, as the crowd began to murmur. In response, Riku hesitated in his collection of his cards. Giving an innocent smile as he raised up the three cards, the false front already removed.

“It was the one in the middle,” Riku said, with a wide smile, “It’s easy to lose track of it.”

With the satisfaction of the crowd in check, Riku shuffled all the cards back into his deck before making a small display with the cards.
“Who wants to give it a shot next?” Riku asked with a smile, flicking the cards between his fingers in challenge.

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Oak District, an entertainment location for a grand portion of the Konohagakure populace - for some a shopping district. Silently the kunoichi slips through various young couples in search of an item of amusement. Much to her pleasure, Mikasa settles her oceanic hues upon the heavenly sight of a dango stall. Excitedly she lurches forward to purchase to sets, not a stranger to the owner, "You know I have to stop by each chance I get, nothing beats yours!" she compliments truthfully, munching away as if nothing more than a mere academy student.

Curiously a crowd of spectators gather around the makeshift structure of crates, the sudden departure of Haruo a vacant seat would be left unfilled. Inquisitively the Medical Sennin glances about the crowds excitement, unsure of the value of the sport. Never the least, Mikasa wasn't much a gambler, yet interested enough to take a gander at the situation at hand. Pressing through the crowd, the platinum mane maiden settles onto the opposing crate, a smirk surfacing upon her visage, "An interesting game, all one has to do is follow where the card of choice and be fortunate enough to locate it?" she muses aloud, reaching into her garbs to remove the initial fifty yen. Reproducing her delicacy, the Sennin plops a piece into her mouth to swiftly devour the treat, chewing absentmindedly upon the wooden stick, leaving her hands free.

Sheepishly her digits caress through her tendrils, "You seem quite skillful with your hands, perhaps there is a trick to winning?" she questions, leaning forward to properly examine the flurry of entertainment he provides. "If I may, I would like to pick in advance. Right." she chooses without much thought, the grin upon her lips widening between the chewing of the dango stick, "There is no rules outside of choosing however I want, correct?" the kunoichi inquires before halting in mid thought, "Apologies, I go by Mikasa. Would be rude of me to not introduce myself, seeing as this is your establishment." she half jests with a hearty chuckle.​
<i>​
</i>

Kuru Naohiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He played with his cards in challenge, watching the eyes of his audience as he performed. These moments between games, the victory lap he could perform were satisfying, and they allowed him to keep their eyes on him alone. These moments never last however, as the next challenger appeared. A woman in fine clothes, rare to participate in these games.

The woman held herself well when she arrived, beginning to eat a dango stick as she considered the game. Riku listened to the woman as she pondered the rules of the game. He gave a smile at the thought, no one ever tried picking the card before he shuffled them. Clever girl. He stopped the small performance he was doing with the cards, setting the deck on table before placing three cards face down on the table.

“Goodlady Mikasa,” Riku said with a wider smile, “Clever of you to consider the rules of my game. Though you must wait for me to declare a card for you to pick, or we might both get confused.”

He accepted the 50 yen and hid it within his robe before placing a finger on one of the facedown cards.

“Well the rules are the same as before, you merely need to tell me where the ... demon faced card is,” Riku explained, “Same as the man before you.”

He then took a chance to examine the person in question. The woman had some confidence to her, she considered the subject at hand … and she walked up to a crude stall like this. She certainly wasn’t a simple lady then … Riku gave a wink towards the woman before grabbing his deck of cards and sliding it across the counter, collecting the three cards into the deck. He shuffled the deck in his hands, quietly loosening the wrist wrappings on his clothing as he did.

His performance with the cards began again, just on another scale. A lady like this, Riku wouldn’t risk a slow beginning, this act demanded its pace from the beginning. The reward for these games was low, but it wasn’t the reward that Riku did this for. The con itself was what he lived for, nothing but him, his cards, and dozens of eyes watching his every move.

As he flicked the cards between his open hands, making sure to keep a tilt towards the crowd to avoid the faces being exposed, he watched the woman’s eyes. The crowd was important for these acts, but the person in front of him was the challenge of these games. Then in one flick of the cards, he left his nail in between the cards, causing a small stutter of the cards on his left hand. In this distraction as the crowd watched Riku try and catch his cards in his mishap, he flicked the real card in his right hand down his loosened sleeve before continuing the performance.

As his performance died down and he made sure the crowd had their eyes on the pair, Riku placed the deck of cards on the table before sliding them across the table, trailing behind the bottom cards to display all present cards.

spread-out-face-down-cards-isolated-white-background-pile-old-blue-red-standard-french-deck-playing-108065550.jpg

“Goodlady Mikasa,” Riku said with a mischievous smile, “Which do you believe is your card?”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back