Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Trying to Relax [Tutor/Mini]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
0Sr1c3q7oANN.gif

"Days like today truly are what keeps me going in life..." An old man sighed, smoke puffs spewing from his mouth as he spoke. The academy, oddly enough, was one of the most surreal spots to take a walk when all of the kiddies were off, especially when its been snowing. The way the man-made forest just outside of its perimeter looked was an unparalleled view in Kumogakure, though few knew it. Many refused to go back to this house of learning after they'd graduated and become shinobi, and may more weren't even permitted on its grounds due to their status, but for Yoidesu? It was one of his favorite spots to go and reflect.

As he found himself near the cliff's edge, which overlooked the aforementioned forest, he leaned against the railing that prevented the students from falling to an early demise. Flicking the cigarette that hung from his mouth into the sea of white and green tree tops, he stuck a fresh one between his lips and lit it by simply squeezing its end. His coat reeked of the very thing he inhaled, and his glasses fogged with every breath he took. Normally, smoking wouldn't be allowed on school grounds, but he was close with more than a handful of the instructors, and as long as he made sure to do it after school was out? Nobody really cared. As he looked out to the trees, his mind began to wander. Images of the woman he lost, and the children that went with her flooded his mind, and truthfully there wasn't a day that went by in which he wasn't tempted to leap over the railing which he leaned.

"But that would probably make little Ri Ri sad, wouldn't it?" He chuckled to himself, knowing that what he said probably wasn't the least bit true. At least not right now. That little boy he took in years ago was a handful, but no matter what happened? Yoi found himself loving the kid maybe even more than he did the ones that shared his blood. Maybe one day he'd come around, and they'd have a better bond, but for now? He'd just have to keep acting like a strict parent, even if it made Riyobi "hate" him for the time being. "Never in my life did I think a ten year old would be my sole reason for living." Somehow the thought brought a smile to his face, and the old man turned back around, looking at the academy that stood there.

"Wonder how that pain in the ass has been doing in class?" Almost half tempted to go and talk to the boy's instructors, Yoi held himself back. Really, that would just make things worse...

Yuki Minikui

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Minikui didn't mind the snow she actually thought it was quite beautiful and often took walks when it would be a light snow fall. Many of the other students avoided the snow as if it was the plague and she understood that most people weren't exactly excited to feel the cold. It wasn't so much the snow they didn't like so much as the cold. She was used to it though even often times wearing her normal attire instead of a coat. The cold never really bothered her all that much. On this particular evening MInikui found herself walking through the forest by the academy which she often liked to explore.

The forest looked beautiful as the night dawned on them the moon coming out and shining very brightly shedding light on the forest below. Within the forest the snow glinted and sparkled beautifully off of the light showing how beautiful the snow really could make things look and how beautiful it truly was. Minikui picked up some snow on the way through the forest holding it in her hand playing with the water that was inside of it using her chakra as she continued through the forest reaching the edge of the forest where a steep cliff awaited.

Having walked this path hundreds of times she always ended up in the same spot and smiled as she began the climb up the path to the right of the cliff that lead directly to the top of it where the cliff itself overlooked the entire forest. The cliff top was completely covered in snow as it had been snowing for awhile although very small amounts at a time it just hadn't stopped yet. The landscape on the way up was quite nice and the moon made it look as if everything was covered in something metallic with the way it shone and reflected the light from the moon. Reaching the top of the cliff she noticed an old man at the top of the cliff and that he was smoking. Normally this was prohibited this close to the academy but she wasn't one to tattle or really care. Approaching him she smiled and made her presence known by the crunching of the snow under her feet. "The view is really beautiful isn't it? There's nothing like looking out on the snow covered forest at night especially with the moon tonight. Sorry where are my manners I am Minikui and it is my pleasure to meet you." Minikui then bows to the man as a show of respect and to be polite. She always found herself to be a very polite person as she hated how she had been treated in the past.

[WC: 452 / TWC: 452]
[Post: 1/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The familiar crunch of snow underfoot was typically the signal for Yoi to leave, when he reflected like this he preferred not to talk to anyone. Surprisingly, however, this person had already approached him; taking him by surprise as she introduced herself. The old man jumped a bit, dropping his cigarette - which to him fell in slow motion before he caught it and skillfully placed it back where it should be.

"Y-you must be accustomed to walking in snow if you can be that quiet, girly." He stuttered, his cheeks having turned red from embarrassment, thankfully it was cold, so he had the perfect excuse, "No need to be so formal, I'm no teacher, and there's no other adults around to scold you if you don't bow. I'm Yoidesu, though, just call me Yoi." The length of his name had always frustrated the man, who wants to go around saying "Minogashi Yoidesu" all the time, its a fucking mouthful.

"Anyways, whatcha doing out here so late Mini? Don't they have some kind of curfew for girls your age?" Not that curfew really applied anymore, seemed like it was every other night that Yoi would catch his youngin' coming in at three in the morning. The old man took another puff of his cigarette, before finally turning to face the girl. It had been years since he found himself alone with a child, aside from his own kids anyways, and he didn't really know how to go about it. What if someone else saw and that he was a pervert... That was the last thing he needed in his mess of a life.

Yoi noticed that the girl was older than Riyobi, and with the obvious lack of any kind of Kumo head band.. "You close to graduating there, Mini?" The old man's weakness was social awkwardness, the only way for him to stop himself from making awkward small talk was alcohol, and drinking on school grounds was yet another thing he needed to avoid like the plague if he didn't want his life falling apart...

Yuki Minikui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Watching the man fumble with his cigarette she goes to grab it but as he has already grabbed it she leans back and smiles at him. Not noticing she had actually been so quiet she looks down at the snow under her feet and then back up to him. "Well I guess you could say that. I just have just always had a light step since I am so small and light compared to a lot of other people. I just thought it was natural that I would be so quiet when walking. I have a naturally light step as I have to be quick on my feet because I am not very good at taijutsu I prefer to use ninjutsu after all anyways." Finishing that she walks a bit closer and smiles feeling the cool breeze that washes over the forest and brushes her hair back and forth.

"I have always been polite so whether it is formal or not to do so it is something I have always been taught to do and will continue to do thanks for the permission to be less formal at this point though it is greatly appreciated. I have all of the requirements to graduate however I attained them on my own therefore the academy has requested that I take two classes or have at least two tutors before they will allow me to take the genin exam. So I guess you could say I am very close to graduating as if you would be willing to tutor me this fine evening it would be my last tutor that I need to fulfill their requirements. As for why i'm out here past the so called curfew that no one follows? I quite enjoy the look of snow and don't mind the cold. I am often found training on my own for weeks and months at a time so, sometimes when I don't feel like training, which is quite lazy of me, I take a walk around the forest below and up here exploring things I have yet to see around the academy." Smiling brightly at the older gentleman she fixed her hair as it had blown over her shoulder a bit.

[WC: 369 / TWC: 821]
[Post: 2/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Being so forward with a stranger is considered rude, you know..." Yoi mumbled under his breath, no use arguing with a child after all. The last thing he expected out of his night was a student asking him to tutor them. The last time anyone had asked him for anything, was when his wife had asked for the divorce, he'd always just assumed he didn't look like that trustworthy of a guy really. Sighing one final time, he flicked his second cigarette off of the cliff.

"You said you use ninjutsu, right? Do you know what element you're the most attuned to?" Crossing his arms, he was trying to act just a bit more serious. Not that he had some big lesson in mind, but he had to keep himself from getting embarrassed. Teaching had never really been his forte, why else would he leave all of Riyoji's training to material things and other people? Removing the final cigarette from his pack, he held it in the air, ass up, and showed it to the girl. "I'm using my lucky on you, so be thankful. Maybe it'll help you with your exam." He smiled a bit, trying not to scare away the girl that had asked him for help.

"I'll just go ahead and assume that no one's ever shown you this trick, since you said you always train alone, and you're going to assume that this is always done using a cigarette, deal?" He would give the girl only a few seconds to reply before continuing, "Now what I'm gonna have you do, is hold hold your hand flat and place this thing right in the center of your palm. Once it's there, just focus your chakra to the center of your palm, and we're gonna watch what happens. And you better hope you don't make my cigarette soggy, or you're buying me a new pack. Ruining your lucky curses you till you finish your next one..." Yoi would hand the girl his lucky the moment she was ready, and watch her as she did as he intstructed.

"Please don't use water, please don't use water.." The old man thought to himself, beads of sweat dripping down his face as he watched her. He doubted she knew what to expect, but he prayed to Raiden that he wouldn't go off on her if the worst came to be.

Yuki Minikui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Minikui heard something she couldn't quite make out and ignored it thinking it wasn't meant for her anyways. As the man spoke it seemed as if he wasn't accustomed to talking to students anymore or maybe it was just that he wasn't used to someone being so forward about themselves. She was often quite forward but in a polite way. Not like those other students who bragged about everything they could do better than their fellow students which was impressive sometimes but got very old and boring after awhile making them just look overconfident and full of themselves.

"The element I am most attuned to is water followed closely by fire. I wish to be able to combine both of those elements soon to create Vapor as I have come to learn about it. I have never seen it in action however and would love to." Watching him pull and explain about cigarettes she held out her palm for him to set the cigarette in and stared at it in her hand as the old man continued to speak to her sharing his infinite wisdom with her. With the instructions complete she began to focus her chakra to the center of her palm as instructed immediately creating water and completely soaking his cigarette.

I-I am very sorry. I will of course buy you a brand new pack I am again very sorry." Quickly grabbing some money she offers it to him immediately and bows once again as an offer of apology for ruining his last cigarette. She dropped the sopping wet cigarette on the ground and covered it in the snow before looking back into the old man's eyes with a mixture of fear and worry displaying across her whole face. Unsure if she can do anything to help make him feel better other than the money she simply stares on at him waiting for the most likely bad reaction that she will receive since he did warn her about ruining it.

[WC: 332 / TWC: 1,153]
[Post: 3/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hearing the girl's explanation, the old man was moments away from thinking of another lesson he could teach her and stopping the whole test, but alas... He was too late.

"My lucky..." His heart sank, arms drooping to his sides. "I've never ruined a lucky, in all my years." At this point, the old man was more disappointed in himself, and could care less if he looked pitiful over something as seemingly meaningless as a cigarette, but for him it was truly devastating. When he'd calmed down a bit, he looked at the equally devastated girl, and just didn't have the heart to follow through with his punishment. "No it's uh... It's fine, I wasn't being serious." Tears were practically welling up in his eyes as he choked past each word, and before he could allow the girl to insist on getting him a new pack, he continued with his "lesson."

"So you said vapor right? Seems pretty advanced for a young kid like you, but if you're sure, you're sure." He said, instinctively reaching for another cigarette before remembering the horrible situation he'd found himself in, and stopping half way. Yoi feared the ensuing withdrawal if he didn't get another pack by the end of the night... "Lucky for you, I have an affinity to water as well. Although I focus primarily on that element, I've experimented a bit. As I imagine all young people do." The old man explained, "Unluckily for you however, I'm completely awful at explaining anything. So we'll see how this goes, yeah?" Removing his gloves, Yoi cracked his knuckles and prepared himself. It had been more than a few years since he'd properly used any jutsu, especially something as advanced as vapor jutsu.

So when you're gathering your chakra, and this is gonna sound weird, combine both the water, and the fire elements. Imagine you're.. Boiling a pot of water I guess?" The old man scratched his head as he put his brain to use finally, then he stuck his hands together in a hand sign "Now as you... Boil the water, or whatever you wanna imagine to create steam, once you feel enough energy build up, just let it out." He began, loosely, demonstrating what he was attempting to explain, building chakra, while simultaneously spewing steam from his mouth. A bit of the snow beneath him melted as he did so. Once he was satisfied with his demonstration, he stopped and returned to his normal stance. "So if you manage to get it, your steam may not come out quite as hot as my did. Everyone uses a different image, if they use one at all. So just do whatever works and go from there."

"I hope for both our sakes that she's a visual learner..." The old man sighed, this was way more energy than he'd expected to use tonight.

Yuki Minikui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Minikui smiled at the old man as he didn't freak out as she thought he was going to do. Instead however he looked as if he had just lost one of the toughest battles in history and didn't want to do anything anymore but laze around. Getting ready to offer the man more yen he said that she didn't have to and put it all back still feeling a bit disappointed in herself for doing that to his last cigarette however he forgave her for it and she felt a bit better about it at least. Hearing the man start talking about vapor jutsu she began smiling as big and brightly as she could. Listening very closely and hanging on every word he said she continued to watch as he created vapor from his mouth that melted the snow beneath them and actually warmed her up a bit as well.

Taking a stance she opened her mouth and instead of talking began to think of not a boiling pot of water as he would have her do but instead she simply imagined an exact picture of herself but instead of just standing cutely as she normally would do she was poised spewing steam out at an alarming rate. With that image in mind she began to focus her chakra as she has don plenty of times and focused on mixing water and fire chakra elements and a little bit of steam came out melting the snow below but she couldn't keep it up and it quickly faltered. Excited she turned to the old man and ran over giving him a great big hug. "Wow that was amazing. Thank you so much for that demonstration. It helped me do something I thought I might not be able to do for quite awhile. Mine didn't last as long as yours but it did seem quite hot." Letting go of the old man she still had a huge smile on her face.

[WC: 329 / TWC: 1,482]
[Post: 4/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yoi couldn't help but chuckle a bit when he watched the young girl take the same stance as he did, everyone channeled their chakra differently, and spewing steam from his mouth just felt the most natural. His smile was, however, genuine when she managed to successfully create a small stream of vapor. It was surprising, there's no doubt about that, but it was clear that she had excellent chakra control. "All that time training alone has done you good girly, I don't think most students your age could manage something like this so early on. If you keep at it, I'm sure you'll be using that for actual jutsu in no time." The old man was taken by surprise when he suddenly had a thirteen year old's arms wrapped around him, but he was quick to place a hand on her head. Didn't want to make her feel like it was a bad thing.

"Well there ya go, now you at least have an idea of how to do it right? I think that's enough for tonight, it's best to sleep on things like this. Give your mind a bit to process it all ya know?" He would replace his gloves, and dust himself off a bit. He'd never been the teacher in situations like this, and somehow it felt pretty good... On top of that, imagining being able to teach his own little tyke was a bit of an exciting thought. "Tell ya what girly, you might be finding me around here a bit more often from here on out. If you ever want to learn a few more tricks then come find me." Yoi began walking back in the direction of home.

"And as for that last tutor that you need, just mention that you got it from Minogashi Yoidesu, quite a few of the instructors here know me so this should be enough to get you what you need." These would be the final words he'd say to the girl, making a mental schedule as walked. First thing on the list? A new pack of cigarettes, then? Figuring out how to become an instructor at this fine establishment. Hopefully they take washed out old assholes...
You should be good to request your tutor rewards in training after your last post, but topic left!

Yuki Minikui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Minikui felt the headpats from the old man and smiled brightly up at him before ending the embrace as he complimented her on her chakra control which is something she had been gifted in when she was younger granting her dirty looks and bullying from the other students around her back then. She never thought much of it but it was really nice to be complimented on her hard work. The other tutor wasn't quite as old or nice as this man was but she didn't mind him either as he had taught her to be a little more humble and some things about other advanced elements. She was so happy to have learned about vapor and even happier that she got a chance to perform it herself. Watching as the old man left she turned away and began her own journey back home as it was getting quite late and she was getting a bit cold now from being outside for so long.

[WC: 164 / TWC: 1,646]
[Post: 5/5]
[Left Topic]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back