Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Trying to Run Before She Can Crawl

Emi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Heart exploding, Emi glided through the air. The oxygen ran teasing fingers through her hair, and across her cheeks, only to fall short of entering her body. With breath caught in her throat, only one thought could possibly cross her fear addled mind. This is the dumbest thing that I have ever done in my entire life--!

She had just leaped from a nearby rooftop in an attempt to cross the street to another building. After all, she had seen other students at her relative level perform the act just fine, and naturally that meant that she could to! It's a shame her plummeting altitude had other plans in mind. At once her limbs flew away from her body, trying on hasty instinct to find a foothold or something to be grabbed. "AHHH! Very bad!" Toyed the self explanatory observation unlocking her ability to scream. Something that continued until her hands collided with a decorative flag just short of her original target. Fingers mingled with the fabric only to slide down, digging into a halt at the hem.

Emi exhaled in relief just as carefully as she could manage. Slowly, she raised a hand to call out.
"H-hey! Can anyone---" A delicate crunch sounded to warn the flagpole giving out in tandem with every alarm bell present in Emi's body. Her voice of terror would be again cut short, as she tore through a generously placed awning, only to crash through one of the many tables below. After a small moment of laying face down in shock and shame, shakey arms pushed her face up from the rude ground. "O-Ow..." This was it. Her life was a cartoon, and she was the joke.

OOC: Hello Friends! This is my first post here in a very long time, so in most cases--- Good to meet ya! :D And sorry if the posts are lackluster. I'm a bit rusty. ;u;

Koga Akane

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The soft cool breeze pushed brown tresses side to side. Her dark blue gakuran-style top and a long matching skirt that reached to just above her knees fluttered carelessly with the breeze. . The warm sun illuminated Akane’s white skin to the point where she tilted her head back to let the rays engulf her. A tan was in order even if it was only a small shade darker than her current complexion. From her peripherals she witnessed some brat attempt to jump from building to building. “An up-and-coming shit-ja.” Referring to the ninja that swarmed the academy and the walls within Kumogakure, even though she was technically one herself. “Up~” She sang as her brown hues watched the kid closely. “Aaaaannd down~” Akane sang right as the sound of face and broken debris filled the alleyway where she was headed.

With a brown bag of sweet treats in her hand she turned the corner to face the runt. A hand dug into the bag to pull out a sweet bean patty with a satisfying chomp she took a bite. Her filled cheeks moved up and down. Akane approached the hurt kid, looking down at them with a finely trimmed brow raised into the air. “Why are you trying to practice here and not at the academy?” Akane’s voice muffled, continuing to chew her treat, eventually taking another bite.

[Topic Entered]

Emi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would take a moment of blank staring to register what the girl said. Emi managed a half dazed smile of embarrassment to offer "W-well, I noticed one of the other academy students doing it, so I figured I must be able to also." It sounded even dumber when she tried to say it out loud. She stood tentatively to her feet, completing the look of discomposure with several anxious instances attempting to fix her outfit. She tried to convince herself that this was a good first impression. Shows endurance and tenacity right? Not just bad depth perception, or a complete lack of aptitude... Right?

Emi jumped, startled by her own thoughts, before taking a small bow of respect.
"I'm Emiko Mochizuki by the way!" Jerking back into an upright position, she allowed a hand to wander towards the task of massaging the back of her neck. "But I'm mostly just called Emi, so that's okay too" There was an extreme effort happening to appear like that fall didn't even hurt that much. It would only take a couple more seconds to be a bit offended by the stranger apparently approaching to ridicule her. Not that she didn't need, or hated, constructive criticism, but is it really so hard to see if someone's alright? Emi's face puckered, now sour.

Koga Akane

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akane watched closely as the blue-haired child desperately tried to keep it cool. As if she hadn’t fallen from a multi-level building. With her mouth full she continued to chew her bean patty while she was being formally introduced. “Mochizuki Emi, huh?” Akane questioned with a mouth full of food. With one gulp she spoke out again, “You must be dumb to give out your name to strangers. You don’t know if I’m capable of typing your name into my phone and making you blow up.” Akane rambled, letting her wild mental thoughts out of her brain and into the air for people to mark her as a weirdo herself. “Lucky for you I’m not a villain. Koga Akane-” She stopped mid sentence. She was unable to bow or shake hands with all her groceries in hand. “Here.” She sat her groceries down and rummaged through the bag before her hand sild out. In a show of good spirits Akane offered Emi one of her snacks. “Take this. A little something to make the pain go away.” Extending her arm out she held the snack out for her.

Whether she took it or not was up to Emi. At Akane’s age conversing with some kid leagues younger than her didn’t sit right. But then again, who cares! “You’re trying to jump roof to roof but you can’t even run fast. Why don’t you work on the fundamentals.” Akane looked up at the modest gap between the buildings then back at Emi. The slow run paired well with how little the runt was.

[wc:262]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
180TnJJ.jpg

' . . . Can we make peace with our decisions?'

It had been a long year, getting acclimated to a new environment, passing his classes and finishing up what he had begun, and working himself into the next phases of his life. A citizen. After years of freedom, Giichi just wanted the safety that came with joining a society... though that also meant joining the military of that said country. Kumogakure. Hidden in the clouds. Hidden. Safe. Though, he was still trying to figure things out with the being within, he had not heard his voice in quite some time. Alas, it had been pretty quiet. He normally sat in his room mulling... but since he'd gotten his head band he would wear it on his left sleeve. Tied. Showing his solidarity to Kumo. His loyalty. Devotion. On this day, he would find himself looking around, his blade hilted to his off hand and looking around the village.

...Today was a day of rest...

At least that was what he had intended but not what he'd gotten.

'CRASH!'

Something, or someone had dropped out of the sky... and he did see some blue blur going from building to building. Shinobi children were interesting to say the least, and Giichi himself used to be like that as a child, care-free, invincible... until he saw his parents parish and cease. It was a wonder that shinobi children could be so strong yet, even more so coddled. Clans and such would keep the training of their underlings under wraps, but it would come off as bitterness... but it was the opposite. He had a respect and adoration for how things were done in villages. Something even his father spoke about during his time in this realm.

Though, back to the crash, moving to the location he'd heard it coming from, he'd move with a sense of caution. His Attire was one of a teenager that had been living on his own for a while. His clothes while clean were definitely getting old, and his geta sandals were worn nd the toggles that kept the straps together were retied from being broken so many times before. All things considered he would still walk with confidence within himself, he took pride that he wasnt the coddled type.

"...I'd say... Fundamentals are essential to any successful shinobi..." he'd state, quite matter of factly as he stood in the clearing, close enough for him to be seen but far enough as to not make them feel threatened if at all. Though with his dirty brown hair tied up in a messy bun he would definitely know that, he might be prejudged on his demeanor. He didnt care though...

[Topic Entered]

Emi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Emi's face twisted into something between a high strung smile, and a pout. She would have to work fast to find out if this girl was mean, or just blunt. "Nice to meet you miss Akane!" She managed with some superficial enthusiasm peppered in. Emi watched with some unsubstantiated hesitation as the girl placed her bags down to offer a snack. "O-Oh! You didn't have to do that." She chuckled, taking the snack regardless. She wasn't sure how it would help with pain, but it would be rude to refuse. More so considering this girl was apparently blunt, and Emi was the one being mean.

Her eyes wondered with Akane's to the rooftops. It's true, she might have been a little over zealous in her target goals, but "slow" felt a bit cruel. She sighed in a relinquished sense of pride to nod at the girls remarks.
"I know." She stated shakily, as if the fall didn't already do enough to her confidence. "But the other students are already so far ahead of me, and I don't know how to catch up! I know they're older, but we're in the same class." Emi felt a shiver hearing the boy's words, not having heard his approach. "I-I know that!" She could feel her face turning red. Now there were apparently two superiors that had seen her fall. Maybe there were others, and they were just being polite for her pride? Emi pulled at the collar of her clothes. She felt called out, but they certainly weren't wrong.

Eye's darting between the two of them, and unsure of what to do that would feel better, her head fell into a deep bow.
"I'll practice more before I try again." She held her position for at least a moment too long, before standing up straight again with a nerve shot laugh. Does she give her name to the guy? It would be rude not to, but what if he made her blow up? Ah, he probably wasn't recording or anything. Was Akane--? She shook her thoughts clean. Too late now either way, right? "I'm Mochizuki Emi! Please don't blow me up--!" She spat all at once.

Koga Akane

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Miss?!” Akane nearly gagged at how proper the runt wanted to be. What was she to do with this blue haired ding-dong?? A 40 year old hag?! Akane poked Emi’s forehead, “Just Akane! Hold the miss.” She barked. Her lungs filled with air to let her shoulders at ease when she exhaled. Young kids say the darndest things. From out of nowhere another more masculine voice echoed through the alley way, nearly repeating what she herself said. ‘Leave it to men to take credit for a womans words.’ Akane rolled her eyes while picking up her groceries off the floor.

Akane got a good look of the new face. He was taller than her yet the status between both of them were leagues different. His sloppy old looking garments were lower than dirt compared to her neatly pressed, polished and presentable attire Akane cared so much about. What stood out was the sword at his side. Most people within Kumogakure hid their weapons and did not carry within city limits, however there were always some ne’er-do-wells who took it upon themselves to stay strapped in case of sudden mass killings. Akane shrugged, maybe it was her own mental state that got to her. No actual progressive society had to worry about such a horrific event. That said she refrained from judging the new face too much, even bursting out in a fit of laughter when Emi hoped she didn’t blow up from saying her name.

Akane remained on guard against the new face from the boy. “Yeah the fundamentals will solidify your foundation on becoming a top notch shitja. Or train until you pass out and continue one you wake. That’s how I was taught.” Akane nodded, referring to her gladiator style training regime she had to endure like torture in Tenouza. “Hey you, you know of any decent teachers that will train this runt? Or are you going to suggest she try to hold her breath for as long as she can.”

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Such nuance with such young members of the shinobi way of life, but it was not his own walk, it was definitely something to say that he would stop and say anything to them. But he did, wishing to engage in small talk with another shinobi proven in the class and potentially in battle. And a newbie... Definitely wet behind the ears, but a thirst for knowledge and a want to grow and become better. He could not help but have adoration for such a thing...

"Nice to meet you, Emi... I am Sana Giichi.", he spoke solemnly, almost quiet and concealed, but he'd lift his eyes to Akane, "...Runt? I do not believe any person trying to make themselves better could be seen as a runt.", nodding once he'd not smile nor smirk. Almost keeping himself as stoic as possible, conveying that he either did not care or that he cared too much? Which could it be? His toes would flex from his sandals before resting. Darkened eyes would close softly before the boy took a deep breath.

"...if you push yourself too hard, you might stagnate your training, which would likely leave you calling people runts down the line...", eyeing Akane as he'd open his eyes before turning his attention back to Emi, "....I suggest you work your way up. Small Jumps. That gives you the confidence to try bigger ones over time. Do not allow your eyes to be bigger than what your stomach can handle.", a saying he'd heard his father say when he was beginning his training as a shinobi. Could he leave it there? Maybe... but he would nod his head looking to Akane once more and smirking before beginning his slow walk down the way. Maybe some ramen, then training? Who knew what the day would hold...

Emi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Please don't grab my hair! Emi's thoughts assumed the worse, and her face again contorted into a nervous pronouncement. If she kept on pouting like this they'd surely think that this was just her resting face. "Y-Yes ma'am! A-Akane! Yes Akane--" Don't cry, it will only encourage the loud lady-. A sigh of relief couldn't help but push itself out as the girl turned her attention to the boy, letting her shoulders find some purchase to relax in. Only so much after enduring Akane's laugh...

Emi would fidget back and forth between uneasy feet. Being called a runt wasn't ideal, but rather that than these two fighting in some random street.
"It's really no big deal! I understand what she means." She sent a comforting hand to stroke the opposite arm, and nodded with the boys statements on how to improve. She already knew what she should be doing about it, but appreciated the intention. It was, however, very much too late. Her eyes were already far bigger than her stomach. Her eyes ran to the ground, carrying a tilt in her head with them. "I guess I know that, i-it just already takes so long. I wouldn't mind having a tutor though! If you knew one that's free." Her head followed him down the pavement, before turning awkwardly back to Akane.

Koga Akane

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Akane rolled her eyes at the situation unfolding. Her use of the word runt had been taken hostage and used against her. “Yeah she’s a runt. She’s no bigger than a bar stool. Only an unsophisticated dog would misconstrue my words.” Akane pulled out her vocab book on that one. Words pulled from her tiresome study sessions with her mother berating her the entire time. Another reason why she was happier now that her Mother was in Marsh country. The use of a bigger vernacular felt distant from how she actually wanted to talk.

With a shuffle of her feet Akane put her back towards the duo. “I’m not a teacher or qualified to teach.” She spoke out. Her head turned to look over her shoulder. “He seems eager enough to train you. If so let him. Maybe I’ll turn up at the academy over the week.” Akane shrugged, from her bag she pulled out another pastry to munch on as she took her leave.

[Topic left]
[Maybe I should do an academy open thread. Hm hm.]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A smirk would be plastered along his lips looking towards Akane, "...You must be used to being able to put people down without the potential of repercussions. To call her a runt, is simple as that... You called her somethin' thats not her own name...", looking to Emi for the moment with a smile, she seemed like she was trying. That was all some could do. Not everyone was walking the path for greatness, some were not meant for that greatness. Alas, Giichi didnt know where he fell in terms of the great scale, but he did wish to figure that out down the line. He did want to chime in after Akane would speak on it, but he would reserve himself to silence for the moment until she mentioned training.

". . .I feel like neither one of us is in the position to teach. . . but maybe together we could help her out?", smiling a bit he would attempt to make himself friendly towards his new comrades. Akane and Emi were the first two people he had made any sort of meaningful interaction with. . . but they wouldnt be the last. So with a huff and a step, "Maybe we can help whip, Miss Emi into shape?...." Giichi would look to Emi then Akane before he'd motion himself to leave.

"...One Week... If you want some help, I might be of service.", He'd speak whilst taking his leave silently with his fingers interlaced behind his head.

[topic left unless stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back