Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private [Tutor] Fresh in!

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He had been asked to take over a student for today as the academy seemed to have their hands full with the current classes and pieces of training. "What do you think Xai?" Nao asked his contract who floated beside him, holding hands behind his head as his gaze went towards his masters. "Hmm... What would be an easy thing not too taxing... for one Academy Student."
"I wish they had like a checkboard thing, what would be a good starting position for such a person..."
"We just need to think harder..."
"Do we..? I can already hear your gears from here.."
"Hm.. true.."
"Did you just admit..?"
Their talk continued like that for a short while till Nao decided it was enough and he really had to think of something. As he was on the outside grounds waiting for this student he had been turning gears in his head. 'water walking... is too advanced, tree walking, maybe not yet... who knows, let them show what they can do..." He shifted every time he had been thinking of things, that weren't correct, the other wasn't correct either. "I don't think doing a medical lesson is a good option either..." Nao said as he started to grab his pack of smokes to help him clear his mind a little. "Xai.. you figure something..." "What..." And with that, the Kami started to lean onto his hand to think a bit harder.

"Why don't we do a tree walking exercise? That way they would learn a grasp of chakra control?" "Because this one just enrolled." "O-oh..." It was silent a moment later again as Xai and Nao were brainstorming. There had to be something on which this person could already... That is when it hit him. "Why don't we practice basic tai? With footing and stuff?" 'That... might actually work." Both were a bit mind blown that they didn't think of this sooner. But as Nao started to set things up, Xai took the wait for the student. Nao was preparing a few Kamiwari Targets for the young student to hit later.

OOC said:
WC: 341 / 1500
Post 1/5

Tutor for: Achikawa Shun

Legenda:
Nao speech = Example
Nao thoughts = Example
Xai speech = Example
Xai thoughts = Example

Ashikawa Shun

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
"Are you sure you have everything you need?"

"Yes, dad! I'm sure," Shun replied as he slipped on his other sandal, standing up and adjusting his sweatpants to fit a bit tighter around his hips. He made sure his braid was secure to keep his hair out of the way, more than excited for his first day enrolled in the academy. He knew something had come up with the teacher he was supposed to be trained under, so he would be meeting a complete stranger.

Shun absolutely had to make a good impression, or he would never let himself live it down. He grabbed the bag his mother had made him years ago, settling two satchels in his bag. Both contained fresh berries from the garden, one for his teacher and one as a little lunch for him later. Shun slipped out the door with a wave to his father, rushing to the academy grounds as to not be late to his first lesson.

Upon arrival, he was met with the sight of two different people. Shun raised his hand to wave, a bright smile forming on his lips. "Hello there!" he spoke up with a soft voice. He pulled out both satchels from his bag, offering one to the closest person and deciding to gift his own meal to the second teacher. I didn't even think about there being two teachers, but I can wait until I get home to eat.

Upon realizing the satchels were probably not a normal thing to present, he explained himself. "My mother and I used to garden together...I run the garden myself now. I brought some fresh berries as a greeting." His brows raised when he realized he failed to introduce himself. "Oh! My name is Achikawa Shun. It's wonderful to meet you!"

OOC said:
Post WC: 300
Thread WC: 300/1500
Post 1/5
[MFT]

Shun speech
Shun thoughts

Last edited:

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nao was busy placing and replacing a certain amount of stuff to meet the requirements he wanted to have for this training. He started to wipe the sweat off his brow and Sai started to greet the new person. "Hello, you must be a student." She started to reach out to give something but Sai shook his head. "Don't worry, I am a contract from Nao, but I myself do not eat." He would point towards Nao. "I am a Kami, or how others might refer... an angel." Sai started to pet the back of his head on that little note. He then would 'pop' out the wings he had and displayed them to them.
Once it seemed to be correct that this was their student, that Sai only took one package of food. Sai would go to Nao. "Almost done?" "Almost..." on that Sai went back to the student. "He is almost done." "Manners!" Shouted Nao towards the Kami who looked a moment surprised because laughing little awkward to the student. "Right... right..."

"My name is Exusiai, the short version is Sai. Over there is your Teacher for today, Sazuki Nao. He is the medical Sennin so if you ever need something medical-related, please do not hesitate to contact one of us."
Sai started to smile towards the other and Nao finally walked towards them. "Remind me next time to let this be done way before I need to take over a class.." Nao complained towards Sai who only laughed. "Welcome Achikawa Shun, as Sai said, my name is Nao. Just Nao is fine or Sensei, but please not Sir or anything like that... Today's lesson isn't anything too big, mainly kunai movements. Perhaps a next time I could teach you more about chakra control." He smiled towards the other as he let him know what today's plan was.

OOC said:
WC: 642 / 1500
Post 2/5

Legenda:
Nao speech = Example
Nao thoughts = Example
Xai speech = Example
Xai thoughts = Example

Ashikawa Shun

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Shun nodded his head in confirmation that he was indeed the student they would be training. His eyes widened as he took in the wings that expanded from the first person - or rather Kami. Shun had never seen such a display, and he couldn't fight the smile that lit his lips at the sight. Oh wow...so beautiful...

When the Kami took one of the satchels and walked away, Shun slipped the other back into his bag and took in the teacher and his contract. They seemed like quite the pair. Something about their dynamic made Shun curious about contracts. He would have to ask his father about it later.

Shun smiled softly and listened when the Kami returned, noting his name. He was a bit surprised to hear the name of his teacher, not realizing this was the Sennin his father always spoke so highly of. "I'm excited to work with you, Sensei," Shun replied after hearing the plans for the day. "I've heard many good things about you from my father." Shun saw no harm in sharing this information; his father would be happy to hear about his training when he returned home to share the news.

"I don't have much experience...I didn't even want to enroll until a few years ago when my mother disappeared," Shun admitted, laughing weakly as he played with his braid out of habit. "My parents say that I learn quickly, though, so hopefully that holds true here in the academy." Shun looked down for a moment, realizing he had a lot to learn if he really wanted to find his mother. He looked back up with a sense of newfound determination. Time to live up to the high standards his mother always spoke of him.

OOC said:
Post WC: 292
Thread WC: 592/1500
Post 2/5

Shun speech
Shun thoughts

Last edited:

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Those words... "I've heard many good things about you from my father." It caught the sennin off guard, he had been in a long time unknown for everyone. Often even have been called a Phantom Medic... So how he stood in these spotlights. His eyes had widened and he looked away. Sai already knowing how he was feeling chuckled at the sennin who gained a healthy set of rosy cheeks. "T-thanks..." He muttered under his breath.

He listened towards his resolve and a few moments later he would start to nod. "I can understand a void where a loving hearth should be." He would leave it at that as that wound was still fresh in his own heart. "well then.. We will start easy, the kunai's over there aren't sharp enough to get seriously hurt but will still leave a mark if you stab yourself... Before you ask... I have been there and done that, I was foolish, I wouldn't recommend it." Sai chirped up and started to explain further. "Nao placed these targets for you to start hitting them, they are placed in three phases. Phase 1, immobile target. Phase 2. A slight moving target. Phase 3 is a target that moved according to you hit them. They sort of swing back."

"Obviously you start at phase 1... we will increase towards 3 at the end of this tutor..." He would start to point to the target. "Let's get started shall we?"

OOC said:
WC: 884 / 1500
Post 3/5

Legenda:
Nao speech = Example
Nao thoughts = Example
Xai speech = Example
Xai thoughts = Example

Ashikawa Shun

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Shun listened patiently as the lesson was explained to him, grinning a bit at the mention of his own sensei doing something so foolish. His attention turned to Sai upon the rest of the explanation, then looked over at the first target he had to hit. I guess there's no better way to start than to try, he reasoned with himself, walking over to grab a few kunai. Two of them settled into his left hand as he held the third in his right.

Shun was honest when he spoke of his lack of experience; never once had he held a kunai. He wasn't even sure how to properly throw a rock, let alone a weapon.

He pushed aside his nerves to give it his best shot, standing a good distance from the target and taking a deep breath to calm himself properly. He brought his right hand up next to his ear and flicked his arm forward, the kunai leaving his fingers and barely missing the target as it flew a bit low.

Ah, that was better than I thought it would be, he thought with a faint smile. He took a second kunai and tried again, releasing a bit sooner so that it wouldn't fly as low. Sure enough, it hit around the bottom of the target. Better...still not great though.

Shun looked over to his teacher, tilting his head to the side. "Is there a better approach to throwing it? I don't know how it works," he asked, looking down to the third kunai that rested in his left hand.

OOC said:
Post WC: 263
Thread WC: 855/1500
Post 3/5

Shun speech
Shun thoughts

Last edited:

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nao started to watch the other as they started to throw the kunai. And again... Nao had a soft smile as he was watching the other and Sai went away to grab something else.
Nao walked up to him, placed a hand on the shoulder so he would stop. "Alright..." he grabbed his own kunai as that one was a little bit bigger so Nao could hold it properly. "This is how you can hold them regularly once you get into a fight. This stance makes sure you can easily dodge a melee attack. Now if you were to throw it.." he would attempt to do it slowly so the other could follow the movement he threw it too towards the target and it hit dead center.

"Alright... so let's start with the basic thing, your stance..."
He would stand himself, actually needed to think as he always did it in one go. "Shoulder-width apart and take a slight step forward with one of your feet." he moved his own feet a bit forward so he would have a standard stance to stand. "It doesn't matter if it's left or right really..." He was hoping the other took the stance also as he was displaying. Now he grabbed another one of his kunai's. "So grabbing the blade you're going to be reaching up, up, and over your head and in a forward throwing motion letting go of the knife before you break your elbow straight." He would throw it like that and it went a decent way. "So if your head is at 12'oclock and your target is 3 o'clock you want to let go of the knife before 3 o'clock. Otherwise, you won't reach the target. Make sure it is just before 3 o'clock." He would show what happened if you didn't do it and it missed the target. "please try it with this." He would then let the other try again.

OOC said:
WC: 1.207 / 1500
Post 4/5

Legenda:
Nao speech = Example
Nao thoughts = Example
Xai speech = Example
Xai thoughts = Example

Ashikawa Shun

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Shun paid close attention to the way Nao held the blade and how he threw it, his face lighting up when the kunai his teacher threw hit the center of the target. That was so cool! I need to get to that level, he thought to himself.

His focus returned to Nao as he spoke of stance, and Shun followed along with the illustration until he was settled in the same stance as his teacher. One foot forward...head at 12, target at 3... As he marked the list in his head, it all started to make a bit more sense.

Shun felt the nerves return a bit when his sensei instructed him to try again. I can do this. He willed his nerves to settle, taking another deep breath to calm his racing mind. He checked his stance, then raised his eyes to the target. The kunai settled in his right hand, this time feeling a bit more comfortable than the first two.

The blade was raised over his head, and after a second of thought, Shun brought his arm forward, releasing the blade with a small bout of confidence. It flew from his hand into the target, missing the center by an inch. "Ah, so close," he groaned, though the smile on his face was brighter than ever. He was learning! All he needed to do now was practice until his skills improved.

Shun walked over to the kunai set out, grabbing a few more as well as picking up the ones deposited in/near the target from his first few throws. He returned to his previous position, practicing the same movements Nao taught him. It began to feel more comfortable, even though not every throw was perfect.

Shun switched to his left arm for throwing, repositioning the stance the opposite way to test and see if it would be a better fit for him. His left side seemed to flow a bit more naturally, more than likely because the left side paid attention to detail when working in the garden while his right side focused on things requiring strength.

He decided to practice both sides just in case one of his hands was occupied with something in the future, knowing it would be good to be able to have a backup plan.

OOC said:
Post WC: 384
Thread WC: 1239/1500
Post 4/5

Shun speech
Shun thoughts

Last edited:

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nao was looking at how the other was picking it up, it seemed to go quite all right and he would cross his arms while looking. He seemed to get thang of it at this small distance... so now it would have been time to rock it up a little further of a distance before moving the second target. "Alright... so now what we are going to do... is first collect them..." he would look at the amount of Kunai that there were already in and around the first target...

Nao too grabbed his own kunai and Sai hovered back over with two bottles of water. "Thanks, Sai.." Nao spoke to the contract who simply nodded in reply and held the water bottle towards the young kid. Nao would take a few gulps and then start to move towards the target but with more distance.

"So what we did before is called a half rotation. Now we are going to work towards a full rotation swing. Each position takes a different take in towards a throw..." For this, he did grab one of the training ones, since he already knew it would bounce off. "Now I am standing 3/4th of a length for a full rotation swing... I am holding the blade at the handle.." He would swing it and throw it, and the knife landed sideways at the target, not even making a scratch. "Now if I were to step one more step away..." and now he would take his own kunai to throw properly again, and it hit dead center. "Getting this right will take practice. Even I took a solid while before perfectly mastering this."

As he looked at how the other was doing, he wanted to give the other a piece of advice. "Basically... You grab the blade for a half rotation mark, the handle for the full rotation mark... and as you increase your distance. You switch where you grab. Same positioning and the same realize for a full rotation. And if you triple your half distance, you will be going back to grab the blade side... so half rotation is holding the blade, full is ration is the handle. This goes on and on. and Once you are really good and really comfortable you can start doing trick shots... how youngsters do that, throw backward and everything."

Now once he had practiced this, Nao took a small break and Sai took over with the slight moving dummy. "Let's try this one now next. "

OOC said:
WC: 418 MFT
TWC: 1.625 / 1500
Post 5/5

Legenda:
Nao speech = Example
Nao thoughts = Example
Xai speech = Example
Xai thoughts = Example

Ashikawa Shun

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Shun gladly gathered up the kunai, settling them in his bag with the top tucked against his side to keep the bag open. He wanted to have the weapons accessible for when he would continue training. "Ah, thank you, Sai," he spoke softly, accepting the water with a polite nod of his head. He opened it and drank a bit, listening as Nao began to explain another way to throw the kunai.

Shun set his now half-full water bottle in the bag next to the weapons, puling out another kunai and mimicking the hold that Nao was showing him. He settled himself to aim at the target, throwing with the new hold to see how it would work. He adjusted his distance now and then to try and see the difference, not quite getting ahold of it immediately.

The young boy paused as his teacher spoke up again, explaining the difference in holds in further detail. Shun began to understand a bit better; as the distance increased, switch the hold on the weapon. He would just have to get used to measuring distance, which would only come with practice.

Shun practiced his throwing for a while longer, switching between hands when one arm would get a bit tired. This is the most exercise he had gotten in his life. He stopped again when Sai spoke up, shaking out his arms and sipping on the water bottle again as he moved to pick up the kunai from the target and the ground.

"How long have you and Nao been working together?" Shun asked curiously as he settled into his stance again, now aimed at the moving dummy.

OOC said:
Post WC: 276
Thread WC: 1515/1500
Post 5/5

Shun speech
Shun thoughts

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"How long have you and Nao been working together?" It was a question that the Kami didn't see coming.. and he wanted to explain it towards the little fella but then he would shoo Nao away. "Nao-san, please grab us another set water bottles." Nao would wave and walk off to get it.

"It's a rather odd story... One that I do not tell around others. I have been around for a while now, around Nao too. Yet what he doesn't realize though." The kami would raise his hand to play a little with a tuft of hair. "So... I know Nao now for 2 differnet life times. The other version of Nao I knew, was a temporal strider, who had a lot of hardships and mainly on his body, in the end even suffering harsh depression. A temporal Strider has the ability to forward, rewind and set time still for a short amount of time. One of the harsh things he had witnessed... was his teammates die in 59 versions, where the version number 60 was finally a way to safe them all but take a harsh wound himself. He almost had died that day. Don't get me wrong, that version of Nao was... Cold... Hiding and what not more. That nao had enough of a time, and reverted time back so he altered his own timeline. Yet... We are odd beings, and since I was merged with him through a contract, I still am bound to him even after the big boom basically."

It was just at the end that Nao was starting to return and Sai kept it short. " I never tell him, so he never has to suffer again... Don't get me wrong, bad stuff still happened, but... Not as bad." he would tilt his head a bit to the side and Nao was now back. "Thank you Nao-san." Sai said and would focus back on the target with Shun. "Alright.. so as the target moves, you point just before them to hit them, now the faster they go, the further forward you need to look"

Ashikawa Shun

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Shun settled his stance a bit as Sai began to talk, paying more attention to the kami and the story of how he knew Nao. Upon hearing that the previous...form of Nao had changed his own timeline, Shun's eyes shifted over to the sensei who was returning with the water bottles that Sai had requested. So this...is a different Nao...I couldn't imagine him as someone cold.

Shun smiled as Nao returned, his attention going back to the moving dummy. He paid attention as Sai explained how to properly hit a moving target. Okay, that makes sense. By the time the kunai flies through the air, the target will have moved, so I have to plan ahead.

Shun took his time practicing on the moving target, throwing the kunai a little ways ahead of the target. His thought on the speed vs. aim was a bit off, but after a few more tries, his throws began to hit. He adjusted his hold on the kunai as he got used to the movement speed of the target, only a few of his kunai not landing in the target now and then because he needed to adjust his hold with the change in distance he was practicing.

He collected his kunai once he ran out, looking back to the two of his teachers. "Can you adjust the speed on this one?" he asked, enjoying the challenge it was learning how to quickly adjust his hold and aim. Adrenaline was working through his system with the excitement he was feeling, breaking the slightest sweat that would chill on his cold skin.

Whatever the answer would be, Shun would return to practicing his throwing on the target. His adjustment skills began to improve slowly but surely, and he made a mental note to practice these things at home later.

OOC said:
WC: 301

Shun speech
Shun thoughts

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As Nao returned with the water bottle he would pick up his pack of smokes and take a seat on the ground. Looking towards them as they seemed to be continuing on.

"Of course I can do that." Answered the Kami who would go towards the target to make the gears spin a bit faster on them. He was curious to see how quickly she would learn from the things. And as the Kami was done he would take distance and went over to her. "Seems about right..." he would embark as he looked at her stance, eventually spotting one mistake. "Keep your elbow a little higher.." He mentioned and showed, a bit exaggerated how the other had it by then fixing it. "Safe you a bad back in the end," Nao yelled from the sideline as he exhaled the smoke and look towards them. Slowly leaning in the palm of his hand.

After a solid 30 minutes, Sai would say they would take a break once more. "You did well on the end." He said and Nao would offer the water to the student. This was one way of going at it. As Nao unfolded the food package he was a bit hesitant. "I... uhm... Long story short, no one ever did this.... And this already looks 10 time tastier then my regular meals.." Nao would comment and look a bit away before giving a soft sigh and start to eat. "Ah- Yum.." He was a bit shocked by that himself and Sai could only laugh at that face of Nao. "Do that again."

Ashikawa Shun

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Shun grinned at the increased speed, having a bit of trouble at the start but catching up with the targets quicker this time. Most of his throws landed well, even if they weren't perfectly centered. He took the pointers with a nod of his head, focusing on keeping his stance more correct as he threw.

When Sai called for a small break, Shun took the water bottle offered and drained it, plopping down on the ground across from Nao as the teacher opened the food pack he gifted earlier. Shun pulled out his own to nibble on, smiling brightly at the excitement Nao showed. "I hope you like it!"

Upon the first bite, Shun couldn't hold back his small giggle at the reaction. "My dad is a pretty good cook. He's taught me a lot of recipes. Mom's garden is healthy as can be. We grow all our own fruits and vegetables, and I also recently got the rose bushes to grow along the sides."

Shun ate a bit of his own meal, cooling down fairly quickly from the slight sweat he broke while training. He felt a bit overheated from the warmth of the day, but he was used to it after the amount of time he spent gardening. Luckily for him, his body seemed to run cooler, so cooling off was never an issue. Even back when he would get sick, Shun rarely ran a fever. His mother used to say it was a sign of good luck, that his healthy little heart kept his body nice and cool so he didn't have to worry about feeling down when he got sick.

"You said I would learn chakra control another time, right? What is chakra like? I don't know a lot...my dad pretty much stopped talking about anything related except for weaponry, since he works in blacksmithing now."

OOC said:
WC: 310

Shun speech
Shun thoughts

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nao had to get back in the time of his own Academy student time to rattle this question up. "Chakra... is a substance which is native to lifeform on the planet... Chakra is essential to even the most basic of jutsu, through various methods and most of them require handseals. Chakra can be controlled and manipulated to create an effect that would not be possible otherwise. Such as water walking, exhaling fire, or creating illusions..." Right as Nao was at the end of the line and Sai pushed Nao a little aside. "Like this!" and without a warning, he would make handseals and place Shun under a genjustu, luckily a low rank through the dice gods. "Throw a kunai towards somewhere..." A simple mental trick that causes Shun to see Sai doing an action at the exact time that they are doing it. While Sai was actually doing nothing... It was that Nao felt sorry for the poor kid that he walked up to him and placed his hand on his shoulder to get him out. "cancel.." and with that, he would smack sai on the head. "Who said you could?!" "Well... I thought this would be quicker!"

A kibble had started between the two and a moment later Nao sat down again. "Alright.. to get further on with the explanation on chakra..." And with that Nao actually glared towards his Kami who was hovering with sad hanging wings. "From what I was taught, the story goes as follows. The high one spread chakra to others through a practice called ninshū, intending to create peace by using the chakra to connect people's spiritual energy so that they would understand one another without even talking. However, the people did not use chakra in the way they hoped, instead of using it to connect their inner spiritual and physical energies. They kneaded their inner chakra to amplify and weaponize it, creating what is now known as ninjutsu." He took a small moment to let this settle in before he Sai took over with explaining, in words rather than actions.

" Chakra is ordinarily not visible to the unaided eye unless it is highly concentrated or manifested in large amounts. Some people can actually see the chakra such as the Hyuuga households. They can also see the Chakra points that go through a person. There are even many gates in a chakra person, but often only a Hachimon can truly bring them to light. Ass there are 8 gates... We have never heard of a person that activated all 8 and survived. 7 is the current maximum I do believe..." Sai took a hand to his chin and leaned into it as he was thinking.

"Then there are still many forms of different chakra... You have a jinchuuriki chakra. Those people often have a spirit housing them, cursed, holy or a neutral one that we call a spirit... Then there is Senjutu chakra. One that I have for example..." Nao knew it was safe to activate his Archsage mode and did this without Sai combined with, he got the stripes and everything on his body as he was in this mode. Now they were grey. "Senjutsu chakra uses Natural energy. Then there is at last cursed chakra too... Often used by people who touched the worse side of life.. for an example is a Dark Sage, as I am an Archsage..." He would nullify the effect and Sai would cross his arms.

Ashikawa Shun

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Shun listened patiently as chakra was explained to him by his sensei, hearing Nao speak up and do some fast handsigns. Shun expected to see something happen, but he didn't. Instead, he was instructed to throw a kunai. Shun threw one at the target, seeing Sai do the same thing.

I don't get it, he thought to himself, turning to look at Sai again. He tilted his head, and Sai did the same. He raised an arm, and Sai mimicked him again. Oh, he must have tied his body to mine somehow. A small grin grew on Shun's face as he came up with an idea.

Shun hopped around, wiggling his rear playfully and grinning as Sai did the same. He even did a little cartwheel, laughter bubbling up inside of him and forcing Shun to crouch as he was overtaken by his giggles. Nao approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder, and he saw that Sai hadn't even moved.

Shun's laughter nearly doubled as the two began to banter, both embarrassed by his ignorance and tickled by the image of Sai dancing around like a goof as it played in his head on repeat.

Shun eventually managed to calm his laughter, sitting back down on the ground and breathing deeply. He listened intently as Nao continued the explanation, nibbling on his food a bit more. Learning about different names of what he could only assume were families was very intriguing; his parents never told him of the powers other families had. The Ashikawa had nothing special to their family name, so Shun never thought of other families having unique abilities.

When faced with Nao's senjutsu, Shun stared in awe. The patterns that covered his sensei's face and arms were as beautiful as they were terrifying. He watched the markings disappear after a few more words, shaking himself from his stupor.

"This is amazing, I never knew there was so much to this! I wish I had started learning about this stuff sooner," he spoke excitedly, the grin on his face never fading. "Will I be able to do what you just did one day?" he asked curiously.

Shun finished up his food, rolling up the small satchel it was packed in and sticking it back into his bag for future use. "My parents used to do a lot of missions together, but they never told me anything about them. Dad sometimes brought home little gifts, like flowers from other lands or little works of art he found at shops while out on his journey. His eyes fell down to his lap. "And Mom...she was something else. I loved watching her train with her sword. It was like her best friend, always clean and pristine. She looked ethereal."

Although he missed Reijun, his smile didn't falter while speaking of her. He knew he would bring her home one day. "Actually, are you familiar with swords? I would love to wield one like she did someday, and it would be a pleasure to learn more from you," Shun spoke softly, looking back up to Nao with a hopeful glint in his eye.

OOC said:
WC: 523

Shun speech
Shun thoughts

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
That the other had been dancing like that was something he didn't see coming exactly. He let out a chuckle himself and Sai started to laugh too. Hard on that one. Once he got back to his sitting location the little Vella asked a question. "Hmm... Of course, you can." Sai replied with a tilt in his head. "Pretty sure you will be able to learn as much as Nao at one day..." He would laugh and Nao grumbled at that. "I know a whole lot yea..." "You don't have to be modest... pretty sure its almost a thousand or something.." "Pretty sure it ain't." "Pretty sure you do~!" Sai hummed and Nao let out a big sigh.

He finished his own package of food and made sure the wind would be in his face before he would sit down again, making sure the boy had the wind in his back so the smoke of his cigarette wouldn't blow in his way. "Hmm..?" He would exhale some smoke before speaking. "Sounds like a nice past... But don't forget to look at the future too."

"Swords... Uhm... I do know Slashing jutsu... However, melee isn't my strong suit... if anything, Sai is stronger in Melee than that I am." Sai would nod strongly and thumbs up. "I can teach you the basics on that another time, or you can find someone that is strong in that. The son of Takeshi used to be a strong ranger." He would think and smirk.

Ashikawa Shun

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Shun hummed at the mention of possible sword training. Upon hearing the Hokage's name mentioned, he tilted his head. The Hokage's son? Shun never thought about going that far up.
He would love to work with more powerful people, but his lack of knowledge in the world of shinobi knocked his confidence down a good amount. Maybe in the future...

I can't wait to get better at all of this, he thought to himself. But first thing's first; I need to learn how to throw these kunai without having to think about it too much. Shun's excitement seemed to thrum beneath his skin, his eyes glimmering with determination.

"Ah, I guess I do eventually need to know more people. Training with new people is a good start," he mumbled softly.

While Nao finished his smoke, Shun stood back up to work a little more on the moving target again so that he could keep himself busy and improving. He had to talk to his dad to get some sort of setup at his house to work when he wasn't at the academy grounds.

Shun would probably spend a lot of time at home since he wanted to focus on his own personal growth rather than socializing with other students. Maybe I could even get Dad to train with me...it would be cool to see him in action.

Shun looked over to Nao once he finished his cigarette, just after landing a kunai in the center of the target. He blamed it on luck since his throws had yet to be consistent, but it was an improvement nonetheless.

OOC said:
WC: 267

Shun speech
Shun thoughts

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nao followed the little fella with his eyes as he seemed to get going again. Nao studied his movements and give tip or tricks when it would be needed. But by the end of his smoke, he only had given two of them total. He cleared the bud from tabaco and started to place it back in the package. "Alright..." He would look towards shun and the last target.

"Now.. This one might be a little advance sorry in advance but I will heal you up. Or sai will either one of us..." He would say and explain that the last puppet would throwback too, so he would move after a throw.

With that, both Nao and Sai would be staying near to Shun, but even they had to dodge the targets kunai's. "I thought we calibrated this Sai?!" "Whoopsie..."

[ooc: short post sorry]

Ashikawa Shun

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
Shun took the tips as he trained, happy to learn anything from Nao for the remained of their session. When they moved to the last target and Shun was told he would have to dodge, he swallowed thickly. He wasn't necessarily lazy or out of shape, but he was never that active of a child. He was sure many injuries were about to occur until he learned how to properly dodge an attack.

He threw a kunai, ready to move until the returning attack aimed at his teacher rather than himself. Shun let out a brief laugh when he discovered that he wasn't the only target of the returned attacks. He focused on his attacks, trusting that his instructors would be able to hold their own while he learned how to dodge himself. A few of the returned attacks were aimed at himself, and he didn't dodge them well at the start; his reaction time was a tad too slow, landing him a few strikes on his body. A few scratches appeared on his arms, and although it stung a bit, he kept moving without hesitation.

Luckily for him, a lot of his hits landed. He still missed occasionally, not having perfect aim just yet, but he began picking up the speed as he learned how the target reacted. Shun ignored the pain across his arms and legs as the attacks kept scraping him with their speed, up until a kunai actually hit him directly. His speed must have dropped with the light bleeding and his not being used to moving around this much.

He winced and dropped the kunai in his hand, looking down at the one embedded in his thigh with a grimace. Well...that doesn't feel too wonderful, he thought to himself, looking back Nao with a sheepish grin. "I guess...I need to work on speed."

The intensity of the pain made his good leg give out, and he slumped to the ground with a small huff of discomfort. He felt his world spin, not used to this kind of injury; he had cut himself multiple times on accident while learning how to properly use the tools for the garden, but nothing ever hurt like this.

OOC said:
WC: 368

Shun speech
Shun thoughts

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back