Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Tutor] Practical Warfare (Req. Hirateuchi)

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh c'mon.."

*Click click*
*Beep Beep Beep*

The Dojo-Annex System--Without a doubt the most superior, state of the art, high-tech training facility in all of Kumogakure.

"...Yet, also the most freaking complicated!" Complained the frustrated kunoichi.

Having arrived about three hours in advance than her expected arrival's time, that she may have ample time to properly tinker with and understand the system in preparation for her lesson, now thirty minutes before her student's arrival the kunoichi could still be witnessed stuck tampering with what felt like an endless configuration of various knobs and switches.

There had been a manual--yet its vocabulary had been so high that it provided little help for the returning Chuunin, whom was still struggling to re-learn the homeland language she'd once had an ample grasp of vocabulary on as an author. Subtle pressure formed in her head due to the mental strain of her heated frustration from her seated position within the gigantic, metallic-dome room. It had been quite a long time since she'd last been in this facility; In fact, the last time she'd been here was,

"Right.." The teen muttered, reminiscing over the past in the midst of her arduous task; The more innocent and ambitious days of her naive youth. She'd performed her Genin exam and received her headband from this very room under the tutelage of her seemingly ever-droll faced instructor, Shieo. And now, so many years having passed since that day, she'd reached a stage in her career where she'd now be the one instructing in this room--It was an odd feeling.
The Chuunin would also more deeply understand why her instructor had utilized this very room for the trio of students he'd taught back then; It's state of the art technology allowed for near perfect environment and condition simulation, catering to even the most meticulous of shinobi exercises--if only she could figure out how to configure the darn thing properly.

A sudden snap from within the machinery resounded before floor tiles gradually began to shift in unison with the surrounding walls.

"Haeseoo!" Excitedly exclaimed the teen in a Marshlanic.

Once the floor and walls had catered to her intended settings, the scenery would then gradually manifest into a simulation of a densely-vegetated, dimly-lit forest resonating an atmosphere of mystery and suspense, obscured moonlight its sole form of illumination; All significant features purposely intended for the training program.

Her tutee would enter the dojo to find a small clearing not far from the entrance within the simulated forest, the kunoichi leaning against a nearby tree next to one of the three, small wooden-bases scattered on the ground within the clearing, their appearance akin to cake-slice stands. Two supported a single egg atop of them.
Though simulated, the room provided the full experience of a real environment, even accurately mimicking the sounds of crickets, owls, and the other various creatures of the night.

"Heyaaa," Comfortably greeted the new instructor with a casual wave as she relocated the stress-relieving cigarette from between her lips to her fingers--a much-required substance after the frustration she'd experienced dealing with the complicated configurations of the room.

Her information of the male would solely be based upon what she'd been informed of from the Academy. Why they had been enthusiastic to provide him with additional training made rational sense; The young man displayed obvious potential, and no doubt, the Academy desired to foster that potential and transition him into a formidable shinobi. However, what didn't make rational sense to the teen was,

"Why in the world would you choose me for that task?"--An obvious inward inquiry from a shinobi just returning from the foreign wilds with no official teaching experience or formal training regarding how to teach such blossoming shinobi. The Academy, indeed, made questionable verdicts often; Though, Siu was also well aware they were never without thought-out reasoning.

"It's a great pleasure to meet you, Teishu, Hirateuchi--I am Hikari, Siu, and I will be your trainer for today." The girl felt an inward cringe as the words left her mouth; It was awkward, she felt like one of her Academy teachers.

"I've been informed from the Academy that you display promising potential exceeding past the average Genin level, yet, require additional growth and refinement of that promising potential. I have been tasked with the duty of providing you with that growth and refinement. However, you'll have to forgive me in advance if this exercise feels a little....unorthodox."

"This class will not be instruction on the usual fundamentals of the three arts--For it's assumed you already have a well enough grasp upon those general concepts as a seasoned Genin. The purpose of this class will be meant to teach you how to 'apply' those said fundamentals into practical shinobi warfare." The female lifted up an object for the male to observe. "With this." She'd solemnly state, holding up a single egg.

Nonchalantly leaning over to place the egg upon her nearby base, bringing the fingers of her other hand close to her lips in order to inhale another plume of tobacco smoke, she'd stand upright.

"The goal is simple--protect these eggs from either being stolen or destroyed." A hand went for her back pocket, revealing what appeared akin to a remote control, squeezing one of its buttons. Seconds after the action, the floor tiles underneath each wooden base began to resound and rumble before becoming active, carrying around the egg-supporting bases in what appeared to be a patterned, circular motion about the clearing.

"Whenever you're ready to begin--Mister Teishu."

[Post 1/5]
[WC=921]

Hirateuchi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hira was surprised to hear back from the academy so soon. It had taken both some courage and humility for him to approach the institution after having graduated as a genin so many years ago. It was part of his plan to reintegrate into the village after having been surviving in the wilds for so many years.

"Come on Hira, this is child's play. Just go meet with the teacher, start catching up on what I need to know to move up and get stronger." Hira continued for some time with his self-motivational speech as he approached the arranged meeting location. Perhaps part of his apprehension with meeting with this new individual was that he had grown accustomed to his old teachers. Kaji especially had helped him get over his apprehension of not following entirely in his father's footsteps, and led him to become as powerful as he was right now. In his mind, it would be a long shot if this teacher could match up to that, but the academy had reassured him that it would be useful for his development as a shinobi.

Hira stared silently at the instructor as she explained what it was the pair would be doing that day, not in disrespect for the instructor but in nervous wait to see if this would indeed help him get stronger. He simply nodded in tune with her instructions and tried his best to plan for the task in which he would be performing.

"An egg, huh?" Hira asked confused as the task was set before him. True she might have been a higher rank than him, but either way it seemed simple enough. He walked up to the base that held the egg nonchalantly and inspected it with suspicion. "And you're saying all I have to do is keep this thing away from you, is that right?" Hira glanced to his teacher momentarily with a frown. "I'll be honest teach I came here to get stronger and this doesn't seem like the right task for me... Maybe the academy got things mixed up and sent me to the wrong person."

With that, Hira looked back to the egg and with a flick of his wrist created a puddle of water beneath the one closest to himself that would float and bring it to his hands, and upon reaching their destination the water would envelop it and slowly harden, freezing into a wintery shield that would both protect the egg from harm and keep it firm within his grasp. Soon enough he would begin to seemingly melt, skin and clothes turning from solid material into liquids as they dripped down from his head and shoulders.

"See, if all I had to do was protect this egg..." Hira muttered in almost a whisper as the rest of his body became chakra-infused water, moving around in a sentient fashion and sheltering the egg within the mass. Hira would then attempt to find the nearest crack or other such terrain feature to move into, egg and all, feeling as though Siu might not be able to come up with a reaction to such an uncommon skill.

[Post 1/5, WC 527/1500]

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The older teen's gaze lingered upon her gradually transforming target as he made his preparations to protect the fragile task objective. Her nonchalant expression may have communicated an apathy to his performance; However, behind her dark pupils, deep analysis was indeed taking place. The Chuunin would study, collect, and calculate as her mind gradually began its familiar shift into the necessary state of mind; The mentality of shinobi combat.

"Shape manipulation upon his own body through water-style," She'd mentally gather of the unfamiliar technique before her, her pupils continuing to trail the newly liquefied form.

Flicking the cigarette upon the ground after her necessary observation, her foot would subtly stomp out its light.

"Maybe, the Academy did get things mixed up," A delayed response re-brought into consideration, the kunoichi's two hands simultaneously lifting to reveal the Genin's first obstacle.

Bird--Hare--Boar

"I do suppose we'll figure out at the end of this exercise, won't we?" A playful smirk was apparent upon his new instructors's face.

The surface echoed aloud throughout the silent clearing as the force of a single palm met the ground, the Chuunin initiating her first trial against the Genin. An additional force aside from the moonlight's illumination now greatly brightened the simulated environment in the midst of the Genin's search to find a suitable crack or crevice to conceal his form in. He'd find every possible opening already occupied with aggressive sparks of lightning as it violently conducted throughout the ground of the entire clearing--The Chuunin had obviously not been too enthusiastic about making a wild goose-chase of the egg-protecting male.

"Don't forget, Hirateuchi," She'd somewhat sarcastically remind over the sounds of static and spark as she maintained conduction of the jutsu from her location. A swift rustling of leaves resounded from the trees as a blurred figure revealed itself from out of the dense woods--"you have two other eggs to protect, as well."

And with that, her clone could be witnessed sprinting towards another one of the egg-propping bases, kunai in hand, prepared to utterly desecrate the defenseless, little object with a single strike.

The trial would test and train the Genin in two things; One, his ability to adapt against suddenly disadvantageous circumstances, and two, his ability to both gain and maintain control of the battlefield while still adapting to that pressure upon himself. Not only had he the great hurdle of having to avoid a lightning-based jutsu conducted throughout the entire clearing, which would receive even greater amplification in power from and react rather unfavorably against his own water-based form if he dared met against it---for even non-shinobi had an understanding of what happened when electricity met water--but, he'd additionally have to discover a solution to suitably counter the Chuunin's clone now rushing towards his second egg, or suffer its loss.

The question was--how would Hirateuchi overcome that trial?

[Post 2/5]
[WC=474]

Hirateuchi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Electric, huh?

Hira thought back to the night he faced the lightning beast with his old mentor and another student his age. At that time he feared the lightning and what it meant being pu against his powers. It was a threat; not just a threat in fact, but his biggest weakness. But with age he had learned to take every advantage he could get, and this was no exception.

Well normally it would be bad for my water to conduct electricity, but...

Hira found himself trapped out of any escape with his first target, and began to re amass as himself, water pressing together and rising into his once humanoid shape, until clear became blue and white and flesh-colored pigments. This time though, he had a spark in his eye. This new teacher might not have been Kaji, but she was starting to light a fire under him the same way he did. SOmething about the way she analyzed his moves and challenged him accordingly felt just right for someone of her position.

"Don't underestimate me!" Hira yelled more determined than before. With a swift motion and a few hand signs, hira blasted out a cloud of pressurized mist, ensuring to cut the connection off early lest he be caught in his own plan. He let the mist blow straight at the egg, manipulating the chakra in the moisture to ensure there was gap enough in the middle that the two sources did not meet, and with enough effort, he expanded the steam into more of a sphere. Not in its own right a defensive maneuver, but that was only part one.

Just as swiftly as before he spit some water between the cloud and the nearest source of electricity. The cloud would light up, hissing as the power from his teacher crackled with anticipation of its new home, and volts of energy began to spasm from the surface of the newly formed bubble, being held together by the moisture.

He hoped that the makeshift electric fence would at least delay Siu from reaching the egg while he made his way towards the third and final egg, wracking his brain on how axactly he might continue combating this shinobi who was clearly more than she appeared.

[Post 2/5, WC 377; Total WC 904/1500]

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Don't underestimate me!"

The demand echoed throughout the dense, woodland simulation, as the shinobi could be witnessed reforming back into his human form. The kunoichi's eyes immediately shifted towards the second egg-base in order to observe the work of the Genin's speedy, and admittingly, creative reaction.

"Utilizing my jutsu to his advantage," Two battle-focused pupils mentally assessed. "The Academy wasn't wrong in their analysis."

The potential the Chuunin had been informed of beforehand was now beginning to manifest before her. She'd witnessed the young male overcome his first presented trial through speedy improvision and performance of skill which communicated not only a trained understanding in Ninjutsu use, but also well-versed knowledge of their elemental advantages and disadvantages. Right off the bat, the Genin was indeed proving himself to be more adept than most of the shinobi of his rank.

"...However,"

A loud electrical buzz resounded throughout the forest as the stream of concealed force reached its target--Hirateuchi's unfortunate feet. The force of the element wouldn't be anything lethally overwhelming, yet, he'd definitely feel a shock resonating throughout his body powerful enough to temporarily disorientate him for a few seconds. And, for what purpose one might ask?

*FWOOSH*

The sound of steel cutting air became audible as the clone's kunai could now be witnessed soaring at the Genin in the midst of his unfortunate circumstance. Furthermore, he'd also witness the clone now changing it's intended route--straight for the male. Gaining momentum as it dashed for the shinobi, slightly changing its course to greet his left side, the briefest of pauses took place--the dirt subtlely crushing underneath a pivoting foot, and then a swoosh of disturbed air as an aggressive heel swung in aim for the Genin's stomach. After having displayed a competent understanding of Ninjutsu, it appeared Taijutsu would be next on the list to become tested by the Chuunin.

Whether the kick landed or not, if the Genin hadn't been too occupied with his continued assault, he'd notice an odd phenomenon---His instructor appeared nowhere in sight.

What was she planning next for the new student?

[Post 3/5]
[WC=345]

Hirateuchi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hira was finding it tougher and tougher to keep up with his new instructor. Perhaps it was arrogant of him to dismiss the academy's discretion so easily, for she was certainly challenging him in ways that he was not accustomed to. He found himself at a relative snail's pace to her quick changes in strategy and masterful use of jutsu. Nevertheless, he was determined to show her that he was no ordinary academy student. He still felt as though perhaps she was going slightly easy on him, and in a way he was almost insulted that she wasn't yet taking him seriously.

"Is that the best you've got, teach!?" Hira shouted half-way mockingly as he bounced back up from his attack only in time to realize he was now being targeted by the clone. The Kumasi was the first to catch his gaze, and as though with a mind of its own, a blade attached to a corded iron rope snaked its way up the back up Hira's clothes before all too suddenly leaping out and blocking the weapon with a swift blow.

Oh come on old man, I totally had that one. Why are you always butting in when... He began to think to himself before noticing the rapidly approaching clone. At first he chuckled, thinking this child's play in the way of taijutsu, but then his goal came back to light in his mind's eye as he looked down at the egg clutched next to his chest. Shit, not enough time! Hira looked down at the ice covered egg, knowing full well that if his teacher was going all-out there was a very good chance it might not be enough protection. Without so much as a thought, he threw the egg up, followed by a thin jet of water that very quickly froze, holding it suspended in the air just before he was launched by the kunoichi's kick into the wall behind him.

Well I'll admit, you're quicker than I thought you would be. But that doesn't mean I'm taking this whole thing seriously still. I don't know where you went but I can flush you out as easily as you tried at the start of this little bit.

Hira stood up, preparing for his own countermeasures. Leaping up and creating his own platform of ice he simply grinned before he unleashed a torrent of water, gushing form his hands, mouth, and every other chakra-ridden area as though he might explode. Slowly the water would fill the arena, growing in depth rapidly as he recklessly unleashed his power into the area.

I sure hope you can hold your breath teach, I wouldn't want you getting hurt on the job!

[Post 3/5, WC 451; Total WC 1355/1500]

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
*SPLASH*

The body of the instructor would be witnessed emerging from the flooding waters, perching atop a nearby branch. "Well, you certainly flushed me out," admitted a playful statement, as another rapid series of handsigns were performed.

"But,"

Familiar sparks of electrical energy re-emitted from the female's hands; Though, not towards the opposing male as one might expect--yet, instead towards his man-made pool below the pair. Without warning, the pool immediately radiated a blinding mixture of blue and white hues as the two elements collided, the mayhem greatly illuminating the entire simulated-woodland whilst the waters angrily heated into a furious boil. The extremely visually-intense scene would sustain for about ten seconds or so, leaving an aftermath of sizzling vapor which engulfed the entire clearing.

"Exercise over." Nonchalantly informed a voice through obscure smoke. "Well, unless you can reverse fried eggs." Finished the sarcastically-toned remark over the sound of unwrinkling paper

"You display trained knowledge, quick-thinking, and creativity--yet, also a bit too much passion." Critiqued the kunoichi through an amused grin.

Licking the wrapping of her the cigarette sheet, the Chuunin remained silent until she finished her preparations. After some time, she'd eventually be witnessed nestling the completed work between two lips.

"Hirateuchi," Sounded the boy's name through somewhat obscured speech, before the flick of a lighter was heard.

Further taking her time, she'd breath in a steady inhale, releasing a plume of calming nicotine into the air. A hand rose to reposition the unhealthy habit between two fingers, that her speech would no longer remain obscured.

"Do you know why I used eggs for this exercise?" The tone of her voice communicated the solemness of her inquiry, as her eyes shifted back downwards in order to somewhat intensely gaze into the young man's eyes.

[Post 4/5]
[WC=294]

Hirateuchi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The student looked dumbfounded at the ease of which Siu was able to deal with his jutsu; he looked not like a sore loser nor like that of a defeated soul, but more simply like a confused child not able to comprehend the events that had just transpired. The experience and power of the girl clearly shone across the battlefield as brilliantly and brightly as her lightning-based jutsu.

All that power, all that chakra... He thought mindlessly to himself before she brought the question to the forefront of the young shinobi's mind. Eggs huh...

He looked apprehensively to the teacher like a child who came ill prepared for a test as the academy, uncertainty showing clear through his once boundless confidence. "Well I umm... he muttered, trying to buy time as he searched frantically for a reason. "Well I guess it means that when I overexert myself I... Suddenly Hira's eyes grew wide as the now fried eggs smoked ever so slightly, a crude reminder of his inability to protect the thigns around him. The same way he couldn't protect everyone when the Lightning Beast attacked the town... the same way he couldn't protect his friends when Kaen broke out of prison and left them all for dead... Memories came crashing back and a tear came to his eye as he whimpered softly, "I'm so sorry..."

Looking down ashamed of his display, he quickly reasserted himself and wiped away the tear with a snide remark. "Heh, looks like my chakra got out of control again. Damn water.... And I think I get the point. I was too reckless and didn't think about the welfare of those around me. It's easy to forget how fragile or unprepared they might be, and that they might not be able to protect themselves... Thanks teach..." He whispered the last part, embarassed that he had acted so foolish before.

[Post 4/5, WC 314; Total WC 1669/1500]

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I'm so sorry..."

The kunoichi's eyebrows rose in surprise and obvious confusion as she witnessed the sudden, unexpected shift of personality--a single tear visible in the male shinobi's eye. Having not known much about her student's past, nor having an ability to read exactly what was going through his mind, the Chuunin began to feel guilty as she considered whether she might have been too hard on the shinobi for her first lesson.

"C-correct." Eventually sounded a somewhat discomposed reply after a noticeable delay of thought.

With another exhale of tobacco, the kunoichi further elaborated. "The nature of eggs contains a significant lesson for us, in that, they hold very valuable contents inside, yet can easily be damaged or destroyed due to their fragility and weakness. There must be a guardian to watch over and protect those eggs until they hatch and can eventually take care of themselves--One day, you will be that guardian."
A free hand laxly reached behind the kunoichi again, as she removed the familiar remote and squeezed another button. After a small delay, the sight of the simulated forest would gradually fade back into its metallic reality, the floor tiles and walls also shifting back into their default positions.

"Today, it was just three eggs. Yet, in the future, it could three Genin who follow you into battle if you are not careful." Casually continued the Chuunin, as she hopped down from her fading tree branch. "You have the cleverness and sheer ability--however, that alone will not always be enough to overcome every obstacle in your future." Her tone was slightly stern as she informed him of the words, communicating how seriously she herself also took the point.

Something soared through the air as the kunoichi flicked another object towards the Genin without warning via two drawn fingers from out of her jacket pocket. Whether he caught it or not, he would receive a folded sheet. Opening its contents would reveal what appeared to be a free meal voucher with a list of eligible restaurants to choose from.

"You probably want to try something warm--it's still kind of cold these days, though winter is officially over. How you eat is just as important as how you train. Bye, bye, Hirateuchi!"

And with that, the instructor would be witnessed strolling towards and out the dojo exit.

[Thread Complete/Left]

[Post 5/5]
[WC=389]

Hirateuchi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hira would catch the ticket and watch as the kunoichi left, the forest disappearing in loo of the practice room it truly was. He eyes her curiously as she left, wondering where it was that she came from. Perhaps he had been away from the village for too long, as he didn't remember the academy having many teachers of that caliber when he was there last. With a small sigh and a small grin, he began to walk off thinking of the day's events. She had made him realize that if were to ever get to the skill he wanted, pure strength wasn't the only thing he needed.

With that thought in his mind, he ran off to grab a bite, hoping one day he might be as quick on his feet and thoughtful as Siu.

"Just you wait dad..." Hira softly said as he looked down at his blade. "I'll show you how strong I can really be!

[Post 5/5, WC 159; Total WC 1828/1500]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back