Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Uchiha Student [ Requesting Aiko ~ Private ]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a slow day. The intercom was mostly quite and there was not much noise coming from outside. The windows was smeared with rain drops -- the aftermath of a small shower. Shin's office smell like a burning forest mixed with the sweet smell of rosemary a rather strange combination. He was sitting causally examining a student's profile. Every year he would send out a team to seek for children who would be potential candidates to embark in the way of the shinobi. Of course, his approach was rather different only seeking those who were willing to give their lives to the ideas of righteous service to their county. He never forced anyone to become a shinobi contrary to how his predecessor may have pulled children away from their families to increase to military power of Kumogakure. Sometimes, children were born in shinobi families like himself and to be a child of shinobi was never an easy task especially for those gifted with natural chakra abilities. Shin was looking at a one student now who shared the same bloodine as his.

Shin removed his glasses as his deep gray eyes gazed at the young boy sitting in front of his desk. "Tell me more about yourself, Aiko-san." Shin said. His hand moved towad a silver kettle on the right side of the desk. The kettle was still warm as the steam still seeped out of the spout as he poured himself another cup of tea.

Tsuyoshi Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aiko's gaze lay upon the floor, anxious under the stare of the wise and judgmental eyes of the leader of Kumogakure, the Raikage. At last, after what seemed like an eternity of waiting, the Raikage spoke. "Tell me more about yourself, Aiko-san." He prompted as he poured himself some warm tea out of a shiny silver kettle. Warily, Aiko looked up. "Th-There isn't really much to say about me. I- Iuh- Well I was brought to this village when I was juh- just a little boy." He stammered before pausing and catching his breath. He tried to calm his nerves by taking a deep breath in and then exhaling. He was terrified of making a bad impression, especially on the Raikage of Kumogakure. It wasn't like he wasn't very socially awkward otherwise but in stressful situations it became even worse.

Aiko continued, "I have a brother- His name is Junko. We like to do everything together really. We've always used each other for support because- well.. we don't know our parents..." Aiko paused again, his overall attitude going from anxious to gloomy. He looked back towards the floorboards of the Raikage's office. "The people in this village have always been a really big help to us and me and my brother are both really grateful for what we have. We want to do whatever we can to repay the village and the people in it." Aiko smiled softly, however his eyes held a bit of gloom and dismay in them. "I like to think about the concept of chakra and jutsus. It all just seems so.." He paused, trying to grab at the right word to describe how he felt. "fascinating.. Ever since I saw my first jutsu I've tried to study as much as possible and I've tried to replicate jutsus that I've seen other people doing. I think I got the hand-signs down but I haven't been able to use any jutsus yet.. I just don't know how to release the chakra correctly." Aiko sighed. He wasn't really sure what else he was supposed to tell the Raikage and perhaps even rambled on a bit too much so he ducked his head down and silently pondered what would happen next.

Training Post: 372 Words

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin placed his cup on his table as his steam blew out of his nose like a dormant geyser. "I see..." Shin said as he clasped his fingers on his desk. "I am sorry to hear that you never spoken to your parents, perhaps in our journeys together we can find your parents. You should be grateful for your bother. I did not have that luxury as a child being an only child. Unless there is a long lost brother somewhere." Shin said small chuckle. "I am happy that you wish to pay your respects to the village but I want to you to know a secret. You should serve people not based on merit but because of what you are. A hammer does not strike a nail only because a wielder commands it but because it is a hammer. I always serve to spiteful and the ungrateful" Shin said. "You mentioned before that you were having trouble with releasing your chakra but I believe your difficult is understanding what chakra is. Would you mind holding out your hand, Aiko-san?" Shin outstretched hand as he waited for the boy to respond.

Tsuyoshi Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aiko's attention drifted to the teacup that the Raikage had set on the table. His elder had been silently listening to his anxious ramblings for the past few minutes and now finally spoke, only to say two rather simple words. "I see..." He could feel his heart pounding against his ribs. He wasn't sure if he had said something wrong or if the village elder was just processing the information that he had given him. After a brief moment that felt like an eternity, his wave of anxiety washed over him. It didn't appear that he had said anything wrong in the least and the Raikage was even empathetic towards the idea that he had never met his parents. Aiko allowed a brief and light grin to grace his lips at the thought of somehow finding his parents one day, even if it wasn't a very rational idea. He found his muscles were beginning to relax and he found himself able to look back at towards his elder with slight confidence in himself. Aiko continued to listen with his full attention on the Raikage. He payed careful attention to everything he was telling him, afraid he would miss something that he needed to know.

It seemed that he had made a good impression on his elder so far and he didn't want to ruin it by not paying close enough attention, not that it would've been difficult to listen to Hayata Shin in the first place. Aiko was always interested in what other people had to tell him. Aiko repeated Hayata Shin's words about the hammer and the nail in his head several times until he fully understood the meaning behind the Raikage's words. He found that the analogy was a rather clever way of getting his point across and there was a hint of amusement in his gaze as he deciphered what he was being told. From what he understood, he was supposed to help people based on actually wanting to help people and not because they deserve it? Aiko didn't necessarily agree with Hayata Shin's logic but he wasn't about to question it openly. Why would he want to help someone who is spiteful or ungrateful for his services to them when he could be spending that time he used helping them to assist more deserving individuals. In response to all he was just told, Aiko silently bowed his head slightly forward and murmured, "Understood Shin-sama."

Aiko's gaze returned to his elder as he continued on to talk about the art of chakra. His mouth opened slightly in protest when the Raikage had suggested that he didn't understand what chakra is. He knew exactly what chakra was and where it comes from, the only problem is he wasn't sure on how to release any of it using the hand-signs he had practiced day after day. He closed his mouth swiftly after opening it because he didn't want to say something rude to the leader of his village but quite frankly he found it insulting that Hayata Shin would say that he didn't understand what chakra was even though one of Aiko's reasons for becoming a ninja was due to the fascination he found in the art of chakra control. Despite the throbbing irritation that was slowly easing into his skull, Aiko kept a respectful composure and complied with Hayata Shin after wiping his sweaty palm on the soft fabric of his black summer yukata. Reluctantly he raised his right hand above the table and extended it towards the Raikage, palm out like a petty vagrant.

Training Post: 597 Words

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy accepted Shin's remarks, albeit reluctantly as he silently nodded his head. It would not have surprised Shin to discover the boy complete rejection of the raikage's exhortation. In time, this boy was going to choose to follow the path of servitude or selfish ambition.

"As you know chakra is life energy" Shin said as he presented his index finger to Aiko. In a few moments, his finger began to emit a caustic white hue that lit the room like an open candle. "Life energy summarizes both the body and the mind thus if you expect to manipulate chakra you must know yourself." Shin continued as he pressed his finger onto the center of Aiko's small palm. Shin's burning finger delivered a brief pain like the sting of a wasp; it left a miniature blue flame perhaps as small as a gold coin. The flame did not flicker and it did not produce any heat but the Aiko did feel something.

"I have attached a modicum of chakra onto your palm and your task is very simple. Keep that flame burning. You may have experience something similar at the academy where you were taught how to focus your chakra the only difference here is your training will be focused subconsciously. The flame can be altered by your demeanor, sudden emotions, and physical stamina. When you maintain your chakra you will also know yourself. Chakra is not a weapon it is your whole being. Can you complete the challenge?"

Tsuyoshi Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aiko's eyes became fixated on Shin's index finger as he presented it to him. His attention was then brought to the peculiar light emanating from the surface of the raikage's skin. For the moment Aiko drifted away from the real world, trying to decipher Shin's new riddle. I must know myself? How am I supposed to find ou- There was a sudden and abrupt stinging sensation coming from the center of his hand and instinctively Aiko drew his hand away from the source of pain only to find out that it was the raikage's doing. The interaction had left a small blue flame in the center of his palm and it radiated a rather odd feeling that Aiko wasn't able to find words to describe. "I'll try my hardest," he responded.

So all he had to do was keep this flame going based off of his mood and his endurance? It sounded almost way too easy to him. Aiko relaxed a little bit, causing the flame to lessen in size. It may have only changed by a slight increment in size but it was enough to make him alarmed that the flame was going to go out. The waning blue ball of fire rapidly expanded once he began to panic about the fire going out. After several seconds the flames had grown to the size of an of an overfilled water-balloon. He knew if he didn't do something soon that he was going to lose all control and ultimately fail. Aiko's eyes fluttered shut and he drew in deep breaths of air only to exhale them out in the attempt to calm his nerves. The fire in the center of Aiko's palm receded to a size similar to the original. Opening his eyes Aiko found that he had gained control over the hungry flames. A few beads of anxious sweat rolled down his brow. Now that he had gained control, he had to keep control by focusing all of his attention on small flame and continuing to draw slow and steady breaths of air. It gave him a small sense of pride knowing he could accomplish this simple task even he was extremely close to losing total control. "That was a little hard.." Aiko admitted to Shin while still paying close attention to his objective. "How does maintaining my chakra help me know myself?"

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was clear the boy struggle as the small chakra began to change mass so quickly without much exertion. The boy quickly realized how difficult the task was going to be as shown his austere countenance. He kept his face toward the volatile chakra as he began to ask a question.

"How does maintaining my chakra help me know myself?" He asked. Shin clasped his hands and paused attempting to gather his thoughts. He rose out of his seat as he began to scavenging his office. He walked toward the far back and removed a large clear glass stilled and a tinted silver flask from a small table. He returned back to his seat as he placed the two items on his desk near Aiko. He pulled out from his desk a smooth rock approximately the size of a formed fist. "You might have learned how each individual has a special affinity for an element: earth, water, wind, fire and lightning." Shin said as he sat down. "However, this is a general statement, no one is limited to one element. Given the right motivation and attitude, anyone can master any element." Shin lifted the rock as showcased the object at the boy. "A man who is said to posses unwavering loyalty and tenacity is described like a rock. He will utilize the earth element." Shin said. He placed the rock back on his desk and reached out for the silver flask. He tilted his hand to the side near the empty clear glass as water began to flow out. "A man who is calm in all his ways and seeks to adapt to any situation is described like flowing water. He will utilize the water element." Shin lifted his hands in the air quickly blurred by the capricious movement as he began to form handseals. He stopped and reached for the tall glass touching it with his fore finger. Suddenly, the water began to warp as small cones formed within the liquid. The cones began to swirl and bounce like spinning whirlpools from one place another. "A man who is constantly changing and seeks for something new behaves like the mysterious wind. No one captures the wind or commands it likewise is the man."

Once again, Shin raised his hands slapping together near the front of his chest, then he picked up a blank parchment off his desk and raised it up. Suddenly, sparks of jagged light wrapped itself onto the parchment before disappearing and creating a small fire. The fire was a brilliant hue of red and orange hanging at the tip of the parchment. A smell of burning cotton brimmed the air. "A man who seeks action rather than passiveness is like the action of lightning producing fire or the power of lightning to turn liquid water into vapor. A man who is filled with passion he is compared to a spreading power of fire that seems to never die." Shin quietly dipped the flaming parchment into the glass of water as the sizzled out of existence.

"In turn, as you maintain your chakra it will tell you these things and you act in the correct way fitting for a person of the shadows. Is this clear to you?"

[Apologies for the late response]

Tsuyoshi Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aiko was able to keep the small flame alive in his palm. It grew and shrank in uncertainty but never remained too big or too small for long. He couldn't manage to keep the small amount of chakra at a steady median. It continued to sway back and forth uneasily. Even more so when he tried to pay attention to both Shin and the ball of chakra. It was interesting to see what the raikage was displaying for him but.. he thought there was a flaw in the validity of his logic unless he himself wasn't understanding him right. "I- I'm not sure I understand." He said, voicing his thoughts out loud. "I took this one- chakra class and it told me- that I've got an- affinity to fire- but I don't see myself- as someone who seeks action- or any of that." He responded to Shin, taking breaks in every few words to focus on keeping the fire steady. It was getting increasingly more difficult for him to maintain the chakra orb. His strength was starting to give away but he wasn't about to give up already. "I see myself more as water- or rock- or maybe even wind but- definitely not fire.- What does that- mean?" Did it mean that he really didn't know himself and that secretly he was overflowing with passion? That really didn't sound anything like him at all. Either the test he took before was wrong or Shin was feeding him a load of garbage just like earlier. Maybe he just wasn't understanding the concept of what Shin was trying to tell him, who knows!? Aiko didn't like being confused. It was the one thing that really irritated him because he liked understanding things. If he didn't understand something then it drove him completely mad. Generally he was calm and sweet but when it came to not understanding something.. he got irritable.

Training Post: 318 Words

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy struggled with the power that was bestowed on his hand. At least, he was getting better at controlling it as the capricious flame became a concentrated spectacle. Even though it looked like the boy had finally reached a point of tranquility his demeanor spoke otherwise. His countenance began to waver as confusion dressed his face. He still remained unsure of what Shin was saying. He addressed his concerns by reminiscing about a class he took which explained to him that his affinity was for the fire element. He could not understand how he could be a man of action as Shin has stated.

"I would not say that is entirely true, Aiko-san. Would you not say that you took the action to come here. Why else would you come to me not to say I would not train you if you didn't." Shin said. "Either way, I must clarify that just because you have an affinity for fire does not always mean you will express these qualities. It is more of state mind than anything." Shin continued.

"Let me ask you this have you heard of ninjutsu styles like fire or water style?" Shin asked as his tinted stared blankly at him.

Tsuyoshi Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I- guess so?" He paused to think about it. When he thought of a "man of action" he thought of someone heroic, someone who would jump into battle at the blink of an eye, someone who was bold and brave. He was none of these. It wasn't like he had a choice anyways. How disrespectful would it have been if he had denied the summons of the raikage? During his brief pause, the chakra he held in his palm had shrunken to the size of a pea. It flickered, threatening to extinguish itself. Frightfully, Aiko refocused his attention and the chakra regained its original shape. It was much more difficult to contain than he had originally thought. It was definitely a challenge. He nodded silently to show that he was listening when Shin stated that it was merely just a "state of mind." Aiko still didn't see himself as that bold "man of action" that he had originally depicted but he wasn't going to argue someone much more knowledgeable and skillful than he.

Aiko's face went blank. Ninjutsu styles like fire or water? He tried to recall if he had ever heard of something like that before. It sounded vaguely familiar but it wasn't something that he had studied extensively. "I think I have?" He paused and then thought carefully. He had an idea but he didn't want to make a fool of himself by getting the answer wrong. "Isn't every ninjutsu made up of a certain style?"

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy did not seemed to be confident when he responded to Shin's initial question. As a raconteur Aiko may not have understood Shin's verbose parables. However, it may simply be a surprise to hear the way Shin had described him.

"Indeed. You will see a style for all ninjutsu but merely limiting to that. There are also styles for taijutsu and genjutsu. Usually, most shinobi do not utilizes these styles in battle as it takes too much of a conscious effort to perform. It takes a regular routine to make such styles a natural part of a shinobi. You can become far more effective by performing simple tasks and enhancing those tasks periodically. For instance, fire requires succinct amount of oxygen to burn properly. Similarly it takes good chakra control to release the proper amount of chakra to execute a fire jutsu. If you preform daily breathing exercises you can make this process easier for yourself."

"How do you normally train when you are on your own?" Shin asked.

Tsuyoshi Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aiko sat there, attempting to soak up and process any knowledge he possibly could. A lot of it seemed pretty understandable to him.. but there were a few questions that popped up in his mind. He would wait until Shin was done speaking before he asked them. He never knew that being a shinobi was so complicated. Just trying to contain the tiny chakra orb was taxing on his mental and physical stamina. He had to keep pushing harder just to keep it aflame and the longer he endured the harder it got because he exerted more energy. According to Shin, some shinobis even practiced breathing properly to perform the skills needed to execute basic fire jutsus. But so far, Aiko enjoyed putting his skills to the test. Even if it was something so simple, he felt like he was accomplishing some momentous task. From here, he would only get stronger too with the help of his Senseis.

Aiko frowned regretfully at Shin's inquiry. "Actually- I haven't really.. ehmm- trained on my own before. I've tried to do some of the things I saw other shinobis do, like the hand signs with my brother Junko in our house but.. We never got anywhere with it because we didn't know what we were doing.." Embarrassment washed over him like a wave. To add onto his embarrassment, he decided now was the best time to ask one of his earlier questions. "Ha- Hayata-sama, if shinobis don't utilize styles in battle.. then how do they use their jutsus?" Aiko bit the inside of his cheek. He felt like he was making a complete fool of himself in front of the most respected man in Kumogakure. How would Hayata-Sama react to his original response? He would probably look down on Aiko with scorn and tell him to leave immediately. He would say that it was a mistake to call him here and that he had no further uses for him. Aiko couldn't help but always come up with the worst possible opportunities and the fear was evident in his eyes.

[Training Post: 347 Words]

[OOC: I'm sorry for not posting in quite a while.. I've been having some family issues. Then there's GTA 5 lol.]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy was clearly emabrseed by his recent reaponse as shown by his hidden face. His head was cast down and his mannerism was nothing short of somber. Underneath Shin's elevated collar, Shin's mouth appeared grim and his eyes was filled with disappointment. The reason was not because of what Aiko had said but the way that he said it. It was a shame that the boy still felt ashamed as he spoke to Shin. If the boy was to be his apprentice Shin expected the boy to feel comfortable around him, alas he expected this from all of Kumogakure.

"That is alright. I appreciate your humility it is a quality that ever shinobi a should have" Shin said. "About your question, you do make a valid point. Anyone can perform a jutsu given the basic chakra training and studying seals from scrolls." Its funny that being a shinobi is less about breathing fire or moving mountains. It takes discipline and reformation."

"As I mentioned before if you wish to be a better shinobi you should look at your charka as more than a weapon but a lifestyle. I believe in time you will begin to understand this." Shin said. He looked at the wooden analog clock at his desk and realized how much time had passed. The sun was casting down hidding beneath the clouds. "It is getting close to noon and I would not want you to miss your lecture. We meet again next week same time. Would that be alright with you?"

[Leaving Topic after Akio]
[NP. I hear the game is bigger than skyrim]

Tsuyoshi Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aiko nodded to show that he was listening and evaluated the things he was told. Most of it made sense to him but it would take time for him to really process the information and think about it after the class was over. Speaking of which, Shin finally announced that their time here was done. Aiko looked down at the tiny little orb that was still in his hand. After all the struggling earlier it had become almost natural or a part of him. It felt like an extension of himself and it was rather simple to maintain despite his waning physical strength. Aiko finally released the chakra orb and vanished without leaving a trace of it ever having existed. He rose to his feet in front of Shin and responded by saying, "Yes Hayata-sama." Aiko bowed his head to Shin and was dismissed. He caught what he thought was disappointment in Shin's eyes just as he was leaving the room. Had he done something wrong? If that was the case.. then Aiko would try his hardest to avoid making a similar mistake the next time. He vowed he'd learn more before next week showed up.

[Topic Left]
[Yeah the map's pretty big and the story is amazing. I assume I'll just get a message "next week?" or whenever you're ready to continue the training?]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back