Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Under New Management [Sennin Topic]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka sat at her new office, the window overlooking the village. With a sigh she looked at the paperwork Kenshin had left behind, well... Head Jounin was bad enough but this... this was all too much. She went for hours filling paper after paper but her mind was in another place entirely. How could the Main Branch improve? That question had bothered her for a while now and it seemed it wouldn't stop. Firstly she had looked over candidates and had to make sure who to choose. Apparently. this was the best choice.

Asuka asked one of the receptionists to send a message to one of the Jounin, she was being summoned to the Sennin's office immediately. This was urgent. As soon as Asuka got her here, the better. She would also need to talk to her Sensei, give her a new assignment. Oh boy... the branch was left in shambles and it was up to Asuka and her team to Fix it.

[Summoning, Hoshirei]

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Hoshirei received the call just as she was headed out of her clan house. It hadn't been too long since her looks changed, and despite running into Kotori a month ago, she was still scarcely seen around the village. With little hesitation, she made her way to the Main Branch offices. Her long black hair flowed behind her as she ran across rooftops. Being summoned always meant making your way there as fast as possible. The wind on her face made her smile and she ran the rest of the way with a great grin on her face.

A jump down from the nearest rooftop and a short walk later found her just outside the branch office. She took a deep breath as she walked into the building and made her way to the sennin's office. She had heard some rumors of Kenshin's imminent retirement and while she was sad to see him go, she was also curious as to what his replacement would bring to the branch. She paused just outside the door and steeled her countenance to seriousness before she knocked and waited for whomever's voice would come through the door.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka turned over one of the papers in her desk and signed the bottom before she heard the knock on the door. Well, that was fast. With a sigh she lowered the pen and looked up at the door, holding her hands under her chin. "Come in." She simply called out, waiting for the Shinobi to enter her office.

Hoshirei was looking good, she noticed the new hair color and wondered if it was an intentional change or something else. But anyhow, that wasn't why Hoshirei was summoned this was something else.

Taking a quick sip from the tea cup that was on her side Asuka sighed. "How are you doing Hoshirei? I hope that life has been treating you well lately." With that, whether her answer was good or bad she continued. "I have summoned you today for two reasons. One of which will need a bit of questioning." Asuka took another sip from her tea. "Tell me, why did you become a Shinobi? Who or what are you loyal to? What would you do to improve the branch you're a part of?"

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei heard Asuka's voice float through the door and she opened it so she could enter the room. Once inside, she shut the door behind her and took the opportunity to sit down across from her new sennin. When had that happened again? Oh yes, not too terribly long ago. Hoshirei was still getting used to Kenshin being mostly retired, let alone her husband being more or less the same. She knew it was best for Maki to take a step back and heal, especially after she saw the report following their previous medical sennin's departure. The thought of the battle made her internally cringe.

Asuka asked after her life and she quickly gave a short answer, "Things have certainly changed, but things are good mostly." She was not surprised that Asuka moved on. She always appreciated when people did not linger in the monotonous, tedious beginnings of a conversation. Hoshirei listened to Asuka's questions and took a moment to run them through her mind. They were not easy questions, though they were not impossible to answer either.

"When I was younger, becoming a shinobi was almost an inevitable for me. My clan, though I was mostly raised outside it, more of less breeds shinobi, evidenced by the swell in our village's numbers once the clan followed Maki and I here. I eventually found a reason for myself, of why I stayed on as a shinobi and progressing instead of remaining where I was. I knew I could do something to help other people, regardless of their indifferent attitude toward me. If I could make this village, this world, safer for its inhabitants, then I would."

She took a moment to pause before continuing, "My loyalty has always been to this village first, my loved ones second, and my clan third. I love this place and its people. I would die before knowingly betraying one of my fellows." Her eye burned with passion as she made her statement and she would take another short pause before continuing onward. "I have not had much time to think about what improvements could be made to the branch as a whole, though in my clan I have been ensuring my clansmen are loyal, if not to the village just yet, then to the ideals it stands representative of. Our youth have always been our future and keeping them safe until they can protect themselves has always been a priority. Otherwise, I would have to sit and think over what would best aid the branch."

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka listened closely to what Hoshirei was saying. Out of the roster of Shinobi she had under her command she may be the most qualified but Asuka had to make sure. She expected her answers, but she didn't expect the detail in which they were told. Well, she was certainly an interesting character. She probably made the right choice. With a sigh she was about to explain, but she wondered how she should word it exactly. Clearing her throat she spoke.

"I'm going to try to keep this as brief as possible and be truthful with you." She looked at Hoshirei and continued. "Right now, our roster of Shinobi is small, the protection we can provide to the village is limited, too many variables are in place and although Takeshi is making a treaty with frost for a cease fire I do not trust them, so some changes will have to occur." She briefly scratched the back of her head, slowly standing up from her seat and looking out the window towards the village. "You were with me with the students, although unfortunate the deicision was made and carried out. That taught me about things being unpredictable. Which is why I want full to build this branch to not only bring peace but avoid any kind of unacceptable behavior. Teach students, current Gennin and Chunnin to not be loyal to the village. But teach them the values they hold so in turn they themselves come into that conclusion."

She looked back at Hoshirei "And for that I Asuka, main branch Sennin, appoint you, Hoshirei, Head Jounin of the Main Branch." She cleared her throat again. "You'll be in charge to oversee the academy, and all internal affairs inside of the village. Doesn't matter if it is at the gates or a dispute inside the village. You, Hoshirei, will help me bring the branch upwards from where it stands."

"Henceforth there's a couple of requests I made that come with the position. I'm not the boss, I'm not the higher up. I'm the leader, any suggestion, disagreement, concern, idea you might have. You bring it up with me. In my branch there's no stupid question or suggestion. Everyone has equal voice and I expect it to be run as such. Secondly, all exams and promotions are brought up to me as a final decision. I want a full report on why each individual deserves the exam or promotion. I won't be having a branch full of people who don't deserve the position they are in."

Asuka streched her hand "If you got any questions, concerns, disagreements please speak. I would love to hear them. Otherwise, you are dismissed Hoshirei, Head Jounin of the Main branch."

[Hoshirei Promoted to Head Jounin]

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei listened and watched as Asuka spoke and stood from her seat to look out the window. She certainly agreed that she didn't trust Frost, not even as far as she could throw them. While her interactions with anyone from Frost were non-existent at this point, what that one woman did to her husband still rankled her. She almost wanted to see how that woman would feel being put through the same thing. Poor Maki couldn't even hear the word tea anymore without losing it.

"Loyalty certainly follows an adherence to the values our village holds dear. There is also something to be said about making plain the consequences of their actions. While we treat shinobi as adults, many of them are still children, still growing and settling in on who they are. I have seen what can happen when a parent does not make plain what the consequences of actions are for both parties. Punishment in anger or fear can be over harsh. As a shinobi, I am not sorry for result of that conflict. I am, however, sad that it happened. Perhaps if we had better taught them to think things through, it mightn't've happened. We will never know and can only go forward and strive to do better, be better, in the future."

"I accept the appointment, Asuka. However, with as little as I have had to do with the academy since I graduated myself, I would appreciate any pointers you can give me. If there are any interested in the infiltration side, I am apt to teach that, as it is my specialty. I will do my best,"
she paused herself to form her next words. "If you would have approached me with this position a few years ago, I would be a bit hesitant about questioning your decisions. However, since I have had to take over as the head of my clan..." Hoshirei shook her head slight and sighed, "In a clan of politicians and backstabbers, you have to learn to stiffen your spine and express disagreement."

"While I have no questions at this time, I look forward to speaking with you and getting to know you more as a person. Perhaps sometime we can spar again, eh?"
she finished with a lopsided grin as she stood. She bowed to Asuka, turned, and made her way back out of her sennin's office, ready to meet this new challenge.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back