Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Unexpected Visitor

Kyuuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
The two currently sparring outside made for an interesting sight, for their nearly identical features if nothing else. One had dark hair and golden eyes, the other white hair and red eyes, but otherwise the boys were exact copies of each other. Each held a blade, and at first their fighting styles seemed the same, what with their similar reliance on speed instead of strength, but as they continued their battle, differences began to make themselves known.

The dark-haired student was the more aggressive of the two, focused on aiming for vulnerable points on the body, aided by his knowledge of biology. The red-eyed copy was notably on the defensive, but it appeared to be a stance that he had chosen rather than having been forced into such a reaction. It was clear that the white-haired twin image was oriented towards protecting, rather than attacking.

Judging by their many minor cuts and bruises, they had been at this for quite some time. For all that they were quick, they had stamina to accompany it as well. If one could sense it, there was a slight impression of holiness on the boys, akin to a kami spirit. If one had keen senses, they might notice that the lighter-haired boy was actually not a human, but a kami instead.

Or one might not, if one was unfamiliar with kami.

WC: 227

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Walking the halls of cloud's academy it was certainly a change compared to leaf's more traditional building though it sat well with the surrounding structures so he could see why it was made this way finding the whole thing quite inviting considering his normal place of residence letting his one normal hand drag across the walls of the halls eyes glancing between classes before tilting his head to look out the window bringing himself to a stop as he saw the two fighting taking a brief moment to watch their styles as a gentle smile crossed his face Chinatsu speaking a moment from beneath the cloak. "Takes you back doesn't it."

"That it does, reminds me very much of myself when i was their age, though it took me a while to mix both their styles together I would say there is some potential to be found here." A slight chuckle came from the being as it spoke feeling the same sentiment. "Well we have just renewed the alliance, can't hurt to lend a helping hand to their newer generations from time to time." The Sennin couldn't argue with that logic and he wished to get to know a few more of the villages residents. Though the Uchiha could have left the school through a door he elected not to simply opening the window before jumping out of it landing lightly against the ground as he took steps towards them.

Anyone watching the man would note one thing above all others is how quietly he moved only making the lightest of sounds as he moved not wishing to disturb the two before he got close enough seeing they were rather focused on the activity at hand. "Well seems we have something rather interesting going on here, passing the time by honing your skills?" It was a basic question but a good enough introduction the being hidden beneath the cloak remaining quiet for the being being not wishing to make a scene. "I must introduce myself, I am Uchiha Yukio a visitor to your village."

[Topic entered]

Kyuuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Upon hearing the nearby voice, they both ceased, turning towards the direction of the sound. The dark-haired boy’s face flushed a pale pink at the idea that he was or could do anything interesting. While Eizou wasn’t awful at fighting, and he was actually becoming pretty decent for an academy student, he knew there was much better out there. An unknown shinobi commenting on his sparring like that was enough to give him pause.

In the end he gave a quiet nod in response to the first question, while his white-haired companion simply observed. Lately, Eizou had been trying to get used to speaking instead of letting ‘Kari do all of it for him. While he wasn’t quite talking yet at the moment, he was pretty sure silent communication counted.

An introduction, however, required speech. He glanced at his bonded, seeking reassurance from those red eyes, before looking back at the shinobi. “...My name is Gitai Eizou. He’s ‘Kari,” He introduced quietly. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Uchiha-san,” He added, remembering ‘Kari’s frequent usage of manners and seeking to replicate that.

Silence fell, and Eizou was uncertain whether or not he should say something more. The motives of this Uchiha were unknown to him. He tried to think of what ‘Kari might say, if he was the one talking. “Is there anything that I, um, can help you with? ...Sir?” He blinked golden eyes at the shinobi. He resisted the urge to fidget.

WC: 244

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed the dark haired boy was quite the nervous one though the man made no sign of acknowledging it knowing it would only make things more awkward for him taking a moment to take a proper look at the two as he crossed his arms for a moment giving a slight bow in greeting when he was told their names. "Well Eizou, Kari, its a pleasure to meet you both seems you are both rather well mannered even to a stranger like myself." It was a stark difference to the students he had trained in the past, most of which had been rather defiant or far too eager to show manners in his lessons.

"As for what you can help me with there is nothing, I came here to see what kind of lessons your village taught when i noticed your spar and lets just say i couldn't help myself, after all." There was a moment of pause from the Sennin as he moved his cloak drawing the long Katana from his side. "As a swordsmen myself I spar semi regularly when I can but I also have nothing against teaching you youngsters a thing or two to help you along. After all it will be people like you who take over from us old timers Isn't that right." he let out a slight laugh bringing a hand to his chin.

"So how would you two like a few pointers on how I mastered the arts of Taijutsu and we'll see where things go. If you have questions on the subject matter i would be willing to answer those too so ask away lets consider our chance meeting a learning experience while i am here in your village." He seemed rather open to them, somewhat hoping his first impression to them was a good one.

Kyuuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Commenting on his good manners only made the faint blush on Eizou’s face the littlest bit brighter. He was only doing what ‘Kari usually did when he spoke. The human wanted to lean closer to his kami companion, to hide his ever increasing shyness, but he forced himself to stay still. Showing a dependency regarding his companion was as much a weakness as vulnerable points on a body were. While Eizou didn’t think that this shinobi would use it against him, it was best to prepare for a future where a weakness like that might be taken advantage of.

Curious gold eyes brightened at the sight of the katana. “Oh wow!” He exclaimed softly, unable to help himself. His previous awkwardness faded some as excitement replaced it. “You would really help teach us?” He was wide-eyed at the thought, but also incredibly delighted. He glanced at ‘Kari, as if checking that this was really happening, and ‘Kari gave a quiet nod of his head while smiling gently.

“Any pointers you have for us would be great! ...Uh, sir,” He enthusiastically agreed, only to pause and tack on some words to make himself more polite. It wouldn’t do to be rude, but it was hard to remember to talk like ‘Kari when he was so excited. Thinking of questions, though, that was tough. He wasn’t sure quite what to ask, or what he could ask in the first place. He looked briefly at ‘Kari, but it seemed that the kami was still wanting him to do the talking and didn’t have any questions to add.

WC: 270

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The kid seemed like he would be up for learning a good start to say the least, such enthusiasm was the first step to taking opportunities that came your way relaxing the blade to his side before nodding. "I will be helping you of that you can be certain, So first things first you have the right idea in your aggressive sword play focus on weak points and exploit openings." The man took a moment to give playful pokes against some of the more obvious points round the shoulders of the boy. "But always bear in mind they will be expecting you to do that as well so when in the heat of battle flexibility is your greatest ally for example." Taking a moment the man stamped on the ground causing two rocks up pop up in front of the duo should they wish to take a seat.

Moving a slight distance away from the two the man made a series of handseals as a clone began to form from the earth beside him holding the same Katana as its creator. "The best way is to have more than one weapon on hand and switch which one you are using at the right time." The man's eyes became focused in that moment taking a few swings at the clone as it went into a defensive stance the Uchiha wielding the blade one handed before taking a wide swing knocking the clones weapon wide as his free hand reached to his back behind the hood of his cloak. What came from beneath was a large clay-more using both its weight and the force of gravity to being it down on the clone cleaving it in two down the center and embedding the weapon into the ground at its feet as it melted back into the earth it had come from.

"As you can see if you cannot make an opening with one weapon make it with two find a combination that suits your needs and create your own style." Stepping back over the man would hold out his hand shards of a Mirror forming over his palm as they slowly spun in the air. "The second pointer is master Ninjutsu as well it can be a valuable ally in making your weapons stronger and opponents weaker, should you come to depend on Taijutsu too much then people who have heard of you will know what to expect." There was a moment of pause in the aftermath of that statement giving time for them to ask any questions they may have before asking one of his own.

"Now I ask you, how many weapons do you have, and if you could have another what would it be?"

Kyuuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
He visibly brightens further at being told that his method was the correct one as well as the playful behavior accompanying those words, but then he frowned a little and glanced at ‘Kari. He didn’t think that ‘Kari’s way was wrong, but that was sort of implied here. “What about ‘Kari?” He questioned cautiously. “Kari fights differently but that’s cause, uh, he’s different,” He tentatively offers, not quite sure if he was communicating this the way that he wanted. The boy looked back at his kami companion.

“I believe that Eizou wants to convey that our individual intent when fighting is not the same,” The kami calmly spoke for the first time to the shinobi, a slight smile still resting on his young face. “For example, Eizou is more focused on defeating his opponents, while I am more focused on protecting myself and my allies.” His smile widens minutely. “There is nothing wrong with either approach, they are simply… different.” Eizou nodded enthusiastically. They covered each other’s weaknesses, the way proper bonded companions were meant to.

Hikari moved to sit on one of the rocks, and Eizou followed him, sitting on the other. They both watched and listened to the shinobi, and though the human was more visibly interested, it was clear that the kami was paying attention as well. After the demonstration, Eizou shyly spoke up once more to answer the question. “Only one, maybe two, I guess? Um, I know some non elemental ninjutsu, but not any elemental ones yet,” He hesitated for a moment, before deciding to ask his question.

“What element would work best in, well, um, makingsomeonebleed?” The last words came out all together in a rush. The kami spoke up, not wanting for the shinobi to misinterpret the question. “Eizou’s preferred fighting style focuses on making one’s opponent bleed and taking advantage of it. Is there any element particularly suited towards that?”

WC: 334

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
1585102053324.png
Turning his head to Kari the man gave a slight nod understanding he hadn't quite covered him yet. "Ah yes of course well there are more ways than one to battle and as a support you can adapt to such things, looking into Barrier jutsu and abilities to heal those around you, think of yourself as more of a medic than a combat fighter which should become second nature to you. Though I find myself attempting to specialize in as much as I can." Bringing out a scroll from his cloak the man performed another series of handseals, a burst of smoke forming around him a moment before a small voice echoed from the cloud.

"Well its about time Yukio, Always summoning the creeper over me." The statement was followed by a hmpf the man using wing Jutsu to blow away the smoke to reveal the girl that floated in the air at his side. "Kari, Eizou this is Taisen my contract summon, Taisen try to be nice they are not from our village after all so make a good impression." The being floated up angrily pulling on the man's hair. "Well i get that I'm your elder you know so quite treating me like a child." Allowing it to happen the man continued to explain Taisen throwing something of a tantrum when she realized she was being somewhat ignored for the time being.

"This is another way to find support in battle, a contract summon is capable of covering your weak points I doubt I would be as successful as I am now without Taisen." The being crossed her arms turning her head away as a light red hue crossed her cheeks. "Well its good to be appreciated, though you should say so more often." The students next question was an interesting one, he had enough experience with all forms of Jutsu to answer the question however creating a seat of his own to explain. "There are many jutsu that can help you in such a field, though i find those of water and wind lean towards that style of combat more specifically blood and crystal Jutsu would be my go to's."

There was a moment of pause as he lifted his hand turning to look at a nearby tree before doing a quick set of handseals before swinging his index and middle finger in an arc as wind formed from them creating a cut along the tree. "Wind as a base element is quite capable of such things and can be used to improve your weapons as well." Finally calming down Taisen floated down towards the Cloud Shinobi having little issues getting close. "And on top of that such things will open the door for you to learn more elements such as Mirror and the previously mentioned Blood and Crystal."

Kyuuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
For once, the serene kami shows some surprise, eyes widening just barely at the summon before his expression smoothes back to calm neutrality. “Greetings, Taisen,” He offers politely. “A contract… I believe if you got the kami contract, Eizou, it would strengthen me,” The white-haired kami adds informatively after the shinobi speaks of contracts. He glances back at the shinobi after speaking to his bonded. “I am a companion kami. The Gitai family, Eizou’s family, have either a bonded kami or youkai.”

Eizou looks unsure, and Hikari can guess why, but does not hold it against his bonded human. A kami’s skill set and abilities are somewhat ill-suited for the human’s nature. If Hikari is light and good, Eizou is darkness, for all that he hides it. The youkai contract would likely supplement Eizou’s abilities better than the kami contract would. Hikari and Eizou are complements, opposites that enhance each other, but they are not the same for all that they look so similar.

“Water and wind…” Eizou considers the elements aloud. “Thank you,” Part for politeness sake, but part genuine too, is his gratitude. Blood as an element sounds especially tantalizing, though Eizou knows that he will no doubt need to work on water before he can work with blood. Still, the very idea of it fills him with longing that he does his best to hide.

He falls quiet, not sure if he has any further questions yet feeling as if he would waste an opportunity if he does not ask something. He glances at his kami companion before quickly looking away at the memory of the suggestion of a kami contract, as well as the memory of his own uncertainty on display. Hikari deserves better than him, he knows this, has always known this. Yet Hikari is his.

WC: 311

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I see, a companion Kami? Not something I have ever heard of happening though I am sure there are still things in this world that I am unaware of though they are not the easiest of contract companions to find." Seating himself a moment the man pondered scratching his chin thinking back to the days he had met Kami contracts. "In a similar manner to Taisen here and my other contract ,who is not here at the moment, it is rare to see them simply wandering around. You have to know where to look and even then push yourself to meet one so it would be best to begin such an en devour sooner rather than later."

It was in that moment he took a moment to think if there was anything else he could do for the boy at that moment in time looking between the pair before he took a deep breath as he took the claymore from his back slamming it into the ground before making a series of handseals his eyes focused on the act as the metal of the blade began to buckle and twist splitting the thing in half as the two pieces began to meld into something new. "Think of this as a starting point, like you saw me do learn to use two weapons at the same time."

Flames left his palms heating and then tempering his new creation. "I have made weapons since I was your age, mastered the craft and now it is a simple matter to forge them, when you learn enough jutsu they can come in handy but since I have non of my weapons on hand this will have to do." The man created an identical pair of Nodachi for the two sized down to be more suitable for them. "So take these you two and look after them, do what you can and make your village proud."

Rising to his feet the man brushed off the dust that now rested on his coat, smiling to the boys as he turned to leave. "Now I must speak to the headmaster here unless there is anything else you wish to say to me."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back