Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Unforgiving Eyes [tutor]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The day was early, Hoshi the previous day set out a bunch of flyers. This was his usual method of giving younger or growing Shinobi a chance to learn. He was blessed with so much knowledge from his seven years as a Shinobi. Although the boy was only fifteen, he was seen as a man among his elders and peers. His body was beginning to fill out, as he grew taller closer to five foot six now, and weighing a hefty one hundred and fifty pounds. He was still lean and cut, he looked weaker than he appeared. He blamed the hyuuga trait for that.

He awaited atop a hill, located in the Seki district. In his hand, he was thumbing through a book listing a long sheet of boosters around the neighborhood. Apparently some knuckleheads were using chakra as a means to come up on the civilians. Hoshi wasn’t liking the idea at all, but he also deemed this a worthy chance to share his elite tracking skills. The eyes of the hyuuga never failed, not a single time.

Upon the letter it would read:

“Lesson at the hill! Come one, come all! Learn the ways of a hunter! Here you will become an excellent tracker!”

His ways in the anbu lead him to become one. A hunter, a finder, a searcher. This was necessary trait for a Shinobi. He hoped to find some good candidates. The lesson he had planned out were to follow the basic procedures to tracking a target. With that he would use last known location, a small description, and maybe an item previously held by the person if he could attain such an object.

In the moment, Hoshi realized that his name was begging to thunder around town as the youngest elect to fight in the world martial arts tournament.

Wc 306

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Strolling through the Seki district streets, the youth hadn't actually originally entered the district with a mind to train or gain any knowledge today; she simply wanted to buy dumplings. A usual trip to the dumpling shop, however, would unexpectedly end up changing the entire course of her day.

"Here you go. Enjoy!" The dumpling shop owner warmly spoke, as he offered the young girl her purchase. "Thaaank you!" Siu excitedly replied, grabbing her bag of purchases with one hand, while happily eating from a skewer of dumplings in the other. Turning to leave, as was her usual routine, she abruptly paused as she suddenly spotted an unusual difference upon the shop wall today; an unfamiliar flyer.
Quite commonly she visited this dumpling store, yet very rarely did they ever advertise flyers on their wall. Usually if they did, it would be for something unusual or somewhat significant, such as a rare theater performance or city wide announcement. Curiously approaching the attached paper in order to view it's contents, it would read:

“Lesson at the hill! Come one, come all! Learn the ways of a hunter! Here you will become an excellent tracker!”

The girl blinked a few times, still somewhat lazily chewing on the the contents of the dumpling stick. "Tracker?" She mumbled aloud, contemplating for a time. The young Genin took a few moments to reflect upon her numerous previous trainings of the past; Chakra control, genjutsu resistance, taijutsu combat. While she'd studied a large variety of different subjects and skills, she slowly came to the realization that she'd never actually studied a deep course in tracking. Surprisingly, she only had a rather shallow understanding of the subject, yet no actual experience or deep understanding of it. Oftentimes, it simply felt as if she had not required it, and other skills were of much greater priority.
Yet, these days her progression as a shinobi had been exponentially improving in a surprisingly short timeframe, to a point where quite commonly she'd heard from others that she might even reach the point of Chuunin quite soon. Taking a few more moments to reflect upon the thought of how pathetic it might be, if she really were to become a Chuunin, only to have little to no skills in tracking whatsoever, the idea itself became rather embarrassing. Whether the advertiser had been an actual shinobi like her or not, she was not entirely sure, as the contents had not been so descriptive. Yet, at the same time, shinobi or not, she figured it couldn't hurt to see what this was all about and attempt to possibly improve her greatly lacking tracking skills. Therefore, off to the hill she went...

[WC=448 l Post 1/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The words weren’t the only thing that interested Siu. It also interested the young Fujiwara known as Minako Fujiwara. She was going about her day with her family when this happened, and even sharing some ice cream with her father, even if it was too cold to usually have such a thing.

Then her eardrums heard about the tracking, and she instantly wanted to learn…

“Father, I need to go! I want to learn to become better.” Minako spoke softly as she hugged her dad. “I won’t be long father. Please take care of Hitomi and Akemi!”

“Mina! Don’t forget about eating your ice cream first!”

But Minako didn’t care, she backed off quickly and grinned wildly, waving with her free hand before running off.

“It’ll be eaten father, don’t worry!” The young Fujiwara assured him as she started to eat it while she ran as fast as she could towards the source of the sound.

“Kids…” The father mumbled as he took a bite out of his ice cream. He then gazed behind him to see Hitomi and Hotaru behind him. The girls looked rather embarrassed by their younger cousin just dashing off like that, but they trusted her...

Not too long after, it didn’t take ages to finally arrive, in fact, it took shorter than expected. There was one problem however, even with Minako’s hands on her knees, she looked to Hoshi with a smile on her face, she remembered this guy! It’s just a shame that he wouldn’t remember her because of how her body changed cosmetically! Her hair was different, but still the same colour, her eyes were no longer brown, but blue, and even her clothing style has changed from the masked female that she originally was.

“Hey!” Minako greeted him, with ice cream all over her complexion. “I have arrived after I heard what you shouted. I couldn’t help but be intrigued by it all! Ah, you won’t remember me by the way, but it’s me… Minako… Everything about me… changed cosmetically…”

Words: 338
<i>
</i>

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The warmth of the Kumo day allowed Hoshi to bask in its embrace for the slight moment. Of course it was followed by the usual shrill of harshly cold winds which dared to chap his young skin. A response to his letter was shortly answered. From the horizon, he could see a figure approaching, Hoshi began to smirk. It was followed by another who was closing in quickly. Because of that, it seemed Minako would make it up the hill first, out of breath while introducing herself. At first glance, Hoshi rose an eyebrow at the unfamiliar. He even scratched the top of his head with his left index finger thinking to himself, ‘Man I must be under a rock. So many new Shinobi.’ He was in the middle of shrugging before she introduced herself as Minako.

“Minako?!”

Hoshi looked down at himself, and then back to her. The same time Siu had finally arrived, his eyes began darting back and forth between the two. The bulge in his eyes, and his dropped jaw had lessened and closed. Hoshi covered his mouth to cough lightly and stood erect. He wasn’t going to allow himself to be baffled, he had an image to uphold now as leader of Saito Clan. He properly greeted the two.

“Minako, yes, it has been a while. In fact, it feels like years cause you have changed so much. Siu, I would hope to believe you have solidified a steeled Shinobi resolve since our last training.”

Hoshi bowed to his elect students and rose with a blank face. He had become utterly serious in a second’s moment. He would beckon the two to come closer.

“Look.”

From the portfolio he held he began to thumb through its contents, stopping at a divider which marked three suspects in coalition. He then removed the pages for every one which numbered out to three. One for each of them. Siu and Minako would receive a packet of three papers, a paperclip holding a photo, and the following info listed:

Minako: Name: Deku
Estimated age: Late 30’s
Height: 6’2
Weight: 200 ilbs

Siu: Name: Mugen
Estimated Age: Mid 20’s
Height: 5’11
Weight: 180

Each portfolio had an item, Minako, had a hair strand, Siu had a shoelace. These were items previously held by the culprits. And it could be used to find them.

“With my eyes, I have already spotted them, all three, within a mile of each other, a mile and a half away from us. From what I have given you, you must find your two before sun reaches its peak at noon. If not, I will find them. And maybe we could continue this later? Anyways, the anbu use a jutsu called chakra sense. It’s a basic tracking technique which in combat, allows you to become more attuned and aware to your opponent’s position and chakra, much like my doujutsu at a lower level. Outside of combat, in times like these. Holding an item of something or someone you wish to find, you can simply lock onto them. Like a dog with a scent, and they cannot hide. I will not reveal to you the secret of the jutsu. That is for you to put together. Take these.”

Hoshi handed both of them a headset. A form of communication for them since they were going to be apart.

“If you have questions, just ask. And when you find them. Do not engage them. Simply state their location. This is my duty, so I’ll take care of it.”

Wc 603

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Dumpling skewer still in mouth, the young Genin could eventually be seen making her way towards the indicated destination uphill. Upon arrival, it became apparent that she hadn't been the only whose interest had been drawn from the flyers, as another figure could also be seen having made it before herself. Blinking a few times rather blank faced, Siu observed the unfamiliar arrival; was she a shinobi too?
Realizing that the female was older than herself, she suddenly felt a wave of guilt, worrying that her blank faced gaze could have possibly come off as rude. Quickly removing the dumpling skewer from her mouth, she provided a formal bow of introduction to the older female. It would be then, that the voice of the flyer's advertiser would be heard.

"Hoshi-san!" The young Genin exclaimed with great surprise. She had definitely not expected the familiar Hyuuga to be the organizer for today's lesson. Though it had been quite some time since their last meeting, the experience of his previous training still remained strongly with her. Often she had found herself deeply reflecting upon the words given to her that day, throughout her growth as a capable shinobi.

"Siu, I would hope to believe you have solidified a steeled Shinobi resolve since our last training.”

The young girl became rather bashful, as she suddenly looked downward. "I hope so too.." She replied, her tone losing some of its confidence, before returning the older shinobi's bow. The unfamiliar female's name was revealed to be Minako. However, it seemed that there wouldn't be much time for greetings, as the two would soon be beckoned to come closer in order to receive the contents for their training.

Curiously eyeing through the contents of each of the papers, Siu would later receive a individual paper of her own. She took a few moments to read through the contents and gaze at the photo. It was almost like a mission; quite unexpected from what the young girl had previously assumed the training to be.
She had previously assumed that the training would consist of tracking deer or a wild beast of some sort. However, undoubtedly, this method made a lot more sense, and would prove far more beneficial for the future. In the end, as a shinobi, they would be eventually be required to track other people, specifically other shinobi , not deer or wild animals.

The older Hyuuga began to explain about the details of today's training. The fact that he was already well aware of the three target's whereabouts from his position on the hill was an amazing feat within itself. Siu had always been curious about the workings of the young boy's eyes ever since she had first seen them.
They two would be given up until noon to complete their task. Looking up at the sky, Siu frowned a bit. There were still quite a few hours left until then, however, the Seki district was quite a huge place with abundant crowds. Even though the two trainees had a general idea where to begin their search, it still would not be an easy task distinguishing them from the numerous other residents of the district. It almost felt like finding a needle in a haystack.
The older shinobi then began to explain about 'chakra sense', which provided a beacon of hope for this endevour. Unfortunately, even that explanation would finish with a disappointing conclusion.

"I will not reveal to you the secret of the jutsu. That is for you to put together."

The major disappointment on the young girl's face after the statement was blatantly apparent. It seemed she would have to figure out about mastering this whole tracking thing own her own. With that, the two were both given a headset, and prepared to be sent on their way. Siu removed the shoelace from her own portfolio, and held up the dangling object in front of herself, squinting her eyes for better concentration. After a few moments, the result proved to be absolutely...ineffective.

"Hrm..." The young girl somewhat groaned in disappointment. This would be a lot harder than she thought. "Does being closer to the target make chakra sensing easier, Hoshi-san?" She took the opportunity to ask.
Turning back to the other female, the younger Genin tilted her head to the side somewhat, "Good luck!" She suddenly spoke with a big and bright smile, And with that, she took off, dashing down the hill towards the suspect's last seen location; There wasn't much time to waste before noon.

[WC=755 l Post 2/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Minako couldn’t help but smirk while she breathed heavily into the air. It seemed that Hoshi remembered her the moment she mentioned her name. The last time they met each other was when the guy was dancing in a tutu. Now here he was, about to give her a lesson, along with another female that seemed to have been attracted by the advertisement that Hoshi shouted out. Not that it was a problem, in fact, she was actually quite excited for the whole thing in the first place.

“Yes… It’s a… long story. No fear though, maybe I can explain it all to you in due time.” Minako admitted as she stood up and crossed her arms, looking towards the other female, who was known as Siu. Seemed good, she couldn’t wait to get on with her assignment and let the both of them know how it went.

Along with Siu, Minako was urged to edge closer to the younger male, to which she did so. It seemed that Hoshi was holding what appeared to be a portfolio, and eventually, he passed them over to the two lucky ladies who appeared by Hoshi’s side. What Minako got seemed rather strange, but upon Hoshi explaining that he has already spotted them and that they needed to be found, she understood. So this is what the two of them got themselves into. This would be interesting indeed.

There was one problem, Minako’s curiosity was peaking, she wanted to learn what this jutsu was. She also knew however, that Hoshi probably wanted to test them at the same time with their jutsu.

Hearing Siu ask a question, then saying good luck, she dashed off. Minako couldn’t help but wave.

“Good luck to you too, Siu!” She exclaimed. “I should get going myself.” She mentioned as she walked away from Hoshi, examining the piece of… hair that was in the portfolio. Maybe Minako could put her stealth to good use here. Luckily, the picture was in the portfolio too…

This was going to be difficult.

Words: 341
<i>
</i>

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The two split up rather quickly, leaving Hoshi by himself scanning the overview. He waited until they gained some distance away before pressing into the headset with his right index finger. He activated his communications and it would start with white noise cackling for a moment. Then his voice would be heard clear over the radio.

“The item you have. Lock onto it, really focus. In a sense, you should be capturing the essence of the item in its whole. Only then, will that item reveal to you it’s secret.”

He wove a series of handseals and soon dark shadowy tendrils of chakra began consuming the young boy. Almost like a chameleon, the tendrils began to change color and accommodate the youth’s scenery. He began to blend in with open air. He remained absolute still, eyes on the culprits. Minako’s Guy was currently under a transformation jutsu as a older woman at s tea shop looking for people to haggle. Siu’s captive simply had a disguise and played the role of a innocent bystander with a local stand looking to scam civilians from a gambling game of, “find the ball.”

Both were relatively close to the two, they just had to lock onto the chakra. And they would be able to locate the two in no time.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While heading out, Minako managed to gather herself some distance before she looked around in a bit of a panic, she forgot to place on her headset! That was some real trouble, what if Hoshi was already speaking and she wouldn’t know what to do?? With this little panic in mind, the female placed on the headset, and just in time too. Hoshi she heard the words of locking onto the item she had been given. Along with that, she was also given some information, stating she should be able to gather all of the essence for it.

Minako bit her lower lip as she hid herself in some of the brushes, she couldn’t be seen if she was suspiciously acting with a lock of hair. That would not only be weird, but probably make some people rather uncomfortable.

Regardless, the female had opened up the part of the portfolio with the strand of hair in it and glared at the bloody thing. Minako usually wasn’t the type of like to concentrate and focus on one thing, but it seemed for this task, she had no choice but to put up with it. Unfortunately, Minako was struggling, it seemed that she was not capturing the ‘essence’ that Hoshi was speaking of, and it was getting rather frustrating.

That was until Minako started to feel weird, it was as if her chakra was connecting to the hair, and it was as if she was also… more aware like a hyperactive child.

Looking around, she quieted her breathing as she entered stealth… finally sneaking around and looking around with no problems in the world, then, she found them…

“Gotcha…” The female mumbled.

Looking around once more, the female snuck around to the bush she was previously at and hid there.

“I have found the target.” The female announced. “Although I do find it strange that they look like a woman instead of a man. It’s whatever though, they are found.” Then Minako facepalmed herself. “Sorry, blonde moment, they must be using something to appear like that otherwise everyone would be alert to their presence, goddamnit. I hate being blonde sometimes.”

Words: 370
<i>
</i>

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hurringly pacing through the Seki district, the young Genin maneuvered through the great multitudes of crowds and various figures. How would she ever find the suspect in this mess? As she eventually approached the designated area, the sound of white noise suddenly static'd in her ear, before the voice of the instructing Hyuuga could be heard from within her headset:

"The item you have. Lock onto it, really focus. In a sense, you should be capturing the essence of the item in its whole. Only then, will that item reveal to you it’s secret.”

"Roger." Siu replied in acknowledgement, smiling a bit; The whole headset thing was pretty cool. She pondered if this was how ANBU commonly communicated with one another while doing missions.

Leaning against the wall of a nearby shop, she held up the danging shoelace in front of her face again, portfolio on her side with the text facing inward in order to avoid too curious eyes. It's possible that to others passing by, she had appeared somewhat odd, extremely bored, or simply highly disappointed at a shoestring for some strange reason.
After quite a while of intensely gazing at the worn object in deep concentration, however, she eventually began to become discouraged by the lack of results. Frustrated, she made her way to a nearby crate, siting on top of it as she less zealously continued her task. Her chin lazily rested in the palm of her other hand, she sighed. "Why am I so bad at this." She mumbled, before becoming distracted and absent-mindedly eyeing about the marketplace; Vegetables, restaurants, scammers.

"Place your bets! Five thousand yen! Find the ball, get double."

"Hmm.." The young girl mused, as she observed the casual scene of the marketplace. "I remember that game, it's a total ripoff." She continued, watching as people excitedly placed their bets. The dealer looked no more unique than your average scammer to her. Yet, for some reason, something about him stood out, but she couldn't quite place her finger on exactly what. She'd never recalled ever seeing the dealer's face before, did she? Yet, why did something about him appear so..familiar? The was a certain vibe about him, a vibe similar to...

"Wait a moment.." The young girl finally mused to herself, before holding the shoestring back in front of her face again. With widened eyes, Siu quickly reached a index figure to sudenly click her headset.

"Target located."

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It wasn’t long before the two located their target. It was excellent they made such good timing with it. It appeared they caught the hang of the anbu jutsu. Shouyu would click his communication again allowing himself to speak.

“State your current location and the culprit’s location as well.”

Hoshi would wait for them to give the coordinates. He already knew where they were, and if they gave out the correct position he would congratulate them. If not, he kindly guide them to where they should be looking.

Hoshi began to enter the district, now under transformation jutsu of a regular civilian. He was dressed as a Kumo Shinobi cop. He had been tailing the culprits for a while and now was the time to take care of business. He pulled up on the third culprit, sliding in from behind him and taking hold of his wrists. At first he fought back until Hoshi pushed him into a wall and immobilized him with a handcuffs.

“Alright, it’s over joker. You’re going down.”

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“State your current location and the culprit’s location as well.” Came a reply from the head of the tracking operation.

Siu delayed an answer for a time, standing up from the crate as she began to more thoroughly observe her surroundings, a rather blank expression on her face. "How should I describe this?[/b] She worrisome pondered. After sometime of contemplation, she eventually pressed her headset again.

For a time, all that could be heard was the sound of the background noise and massive crowds through her headset, as the young girl attempted to formulated the best method to describe the situation.

"There's..lot's of people!" She began somewhat frantically. "And I am at a store wall...er, a antique store wall! And--and, there is a man. He is wearing a long black cloak, and...and he is deceiving people with people with tables and balls! Siu, over out!"

...,Yea, she definitely would be fit for ANBU.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Minako, like Siu, was told to reveal her location to Hoshi. Minako wasn’t too sure how to reveal her location, but she could be literal and tell them that she was in a bush, avoiding suspicions while under stealth. Upon hearing Siu speak, she had a good idea on what to say now, she thinks.

“Locations?? Well, I am not too sure where I am exactly within my location, I just know I am in a bush while hiding, trying to not look suspicious to the people. As stated, my person looks like a woman, an old hag at that, kind of like, the old, wrinkly type. Like the other one, I am also surrounded by others who seem to be unaware that they are being completely fooled by him. Please, come collect them when you can, I do not know how long they will remain.”

She believes she has given enough information as she possibly could. She knew it wouldn’t be sufficient enough, due to herself hiding in a bush, blinding out most of her view, but given with what she could give out with the disguised male, she knew she done her best.

Looking around, she tilted her head enough to crack it, before tilting it enough on the other side to crack it. She just had to keep herself in hiding for now. This was just incase the disguised male decided to vacate their location, which they personally had no time for. “Update, they are still at their location, I am still worried they will move away, however.”

Minako made sure to keep her eyes locked on the elderly lady while she remembered the last time she stalked someone in this manner. The last time she done so was when she wanted to practice. She used her father as that specific guinea pig, so she followed him whenever he went until he went to a place that gave out ramen.

Words: 324
<i>
</i>

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoshi awaited for a definitive answer from both Kunoichi. Meanwhile, he clapped his hands together forming a tiger seal. For a moment his chakra level peaked as he cloned himself with the water element. Two clones formed into life from the moist in the atmosphere. After materializing they stood erect waiting orders.

“Go to the town. You, (Hoshi would point to one, and then point to a destination.) there. And you, (Hoshi would point to the other clone and kindly guide him to his destination.) over there. Apprehend the man in the photos. Don’t fall for the cheap disguise.”

Just then, Siu had checked in with crashing words. Hoshi understood, he could even see. He was able to see Minako’s and Siu’s current position, and he was also able to piece together their descriptions. Hoshi snapped at his clones to spring into action and they did so quickly. They would bumrush the two simultaneously while cuffing them with ninja wire. The men would flail and complain, making a large scene but both clones would assure the people by shouting out their evil deeds and trespasses while flaunting a warrant for arrest. Hoshi would finally answer back in the radio.

“Good job you two. You are dismissed. You will do great out in the field. Remember, the simplest of Shinobi tricks are the building ladder and foundation of our prowess. Hoshi, out.”

Wc 231

Tutor complete. Topic left.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seems that the young woman's job was done! She grinned wildly as she saw what happened next, and what happened blown her mind. She found it so cool and she couldn’t believe she spotted it with her own eyes. Now she was rather happy that she saw what she done, it kind of fueled her need to protect people like in the way she done… she loved protecting, so that was normal… but… this was different. Maybe because she saw protection done in a different way?? Regardless, it made the streets of Kumogakure much more safer, to say the least.

Finally, Minako was dismissed. She was actually rather excited and pumped now that she saw what she saw. She wanted to see much more, but she knew she couldn’t because of the crowds. With this, Minako decided it was a good time to go back to her family and tell them that she done what she wanted to do, and she kind of made a new acquaintance too. She kind of wanted to know them much better…

“Cheers Hoshi, my dude! Say, Siu… was that your name?? I hope to see you sometime in the future, if you are ever in trouble, let me know… I will come running. Minako, over and out.”

Standing up, she slowly walked away from the scene, only to be greeted by her father, who seemed to be attracted to the commotion himself.

“Hey sweetie!” Daisuke greeted her. “Did you cause that commotion??” He had to ask sternly, his arms were even crossed.”

“Kind of father, but it was in the name of what I learned and in the name of justice!”

“I see, I see! Ey, lets go home. Akemi and Hideaki are waiting for us.”

“Okay!”

With this, the two of them walked around the streets, navigating their way to the Fujiwara household.

Words: 311
Tutor: Complete
Topic: Left​
<i>
</i>

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would not be long before Hoshi's water clones could be seen springing into action. The sudden and unexpected arrest caused a noticeable scene and large disturbance, both for the criminal and for the crowd. The surprise and bafflement written upon the surrounding citizens faces was blatantly apparent. However, the flashing of a warrant and proclamation of the suspect's crimes would later make it quite clear what was going on for those who listened and observed, including Siu herself

"Good job you two. You are dismissed. You will do great out in the field. Remember, the simplest of Shinobi tricks are the building ladder and foundation of our prowess. Hoshi, out.”

"Roger that Hoshi-san!" The young shinobi pressed her headset to reply, as she continued to observe the scene with wide eyes. Perhaps, under normal circumstance, she might have actually felt pity for the suspect. However, having observed the man to be deceiving other's with his gambling game before she'd even arrived, Siu felt no sympathy for the matter. He'd proved himself to be a criminal even before being found.
Today had definitely been an interesting day. It was amazing what simply seeing a flyer on the wall could lead to.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back