Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Upcoming/Current Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Check this announcement for upcoming or currently active events in Suna!

Current Suna Plot Summary:
Sunagakure no Sato currently finds itself in a tense standoff with the Daimyo, the leader of Wind Country, and his modified warriors known as The Sovereign. The tension has spilled throughout the lands, causing people all throughout the country to begin to pick a side. However, within this cold war, another party begins to finally move within the shadows. The past and present of Suna, or all of Wind Country, are about to come to a head as an old grudge beneath the sands begins to rise...

Dominus, a figure from the buried past of Wind Country, would not remained buried. Emerging from the ground with his First Children and The Swarm, Dominus is now preparing to lay waste to the country side in his quest for vengeance.

Plot Build Up:
1. https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=61536
2. https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=792&t=61725
3. A Boat, A Traveler, A Book
4. A Palace, An Intruder, A Summons
5. A Traitor, A Meeting, A Feeling

Current Event Information
"Chaos Event"
Kings and Queens of the Wall Event
Event Roll Scenarios

Not sure how to get this involved in your story? Chat with a member of Sand Council or pop into our Discord chat (#SandChat) to discuss with current members!

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Within the great and vast Desert Expanse of Wind Country there were miles of uncharted land or formerly forgotten land. The Diamond Maelstrom had hidden not only the shinobi village of Sunagakure no Sato but also large chunks of the country. Following the dispersing of that great and violent storm, new landmarks had been formed, old locations had been returned back to the light of day, and people who roamed the lands were free to do so once more. One of these people would be the small tribe of the Pōn. The Pōn Tribe had been nomadic prior to the start of the Diamond Maelstrom and had actually been roaming the sands for centuries. Though it was never confirmed, it was always whispered that this close-knit tribe was one of the few tribes left in Wind Country that could directly draw their lineage back to one of the First-Men, almost a pureblood family of sorts.

The Pōn, however, would not be the ones spreading this rumor. They did not care for large interactions with those outside of their ranks. Being a clan that had lasted for as long as they had, the stories of the conflicts between tribes, between factions, and between species caused them to become fiercely isolationist. It was safer, they thought. Yet, Wind Country had always carried of sense of cruelty with it. Since its recorded history started, pages upon pages were filled with the bloodshed for and within this country. Those outside of this land may not have been able to see the point; how could sand and a barren wasteland be that important? Those thoughts were not echoed by those within Wind Country, nor those that had been expelled from Wind Country. This was more than a desert. This was more than sand. This was more than just this village or that village.

It is a mixture of these stories, stories of those who loved and would fight, and die, for this country, the small tribe of the Pōn, and connections born by blood to the past, to the First Men. While the tensions of the cold war happening between Sunagakure no Sato and the Daimyo continued to grow, there was something else growing within Wind Country. A new threat. A different threat... and yet, an old threat.

giphy.gif

A dying fire was the only source of light left in the encampment. Strewn about the sands were a mixture of carnage. Blood, debris, large spikes, bodies, it was like a scene straight out of a nightmare. The most unnerving part of the entire moment was not visual, however, it was auditory. The area, aside from the crackle of the fire, was completely silent. The Pōn was not a large clan, but they were a tribe of at least 50 people. In no instance had there ever been a night or day that they were this silent.
Background music for the scene, enjoy!
This night, unfortunately, had not been this silent either. No, hours prior to this moment the camp was full of laughter and life. Half an hour later the camp was full of the sounds of anguish and horror.

"...please.... please.... please... send help... send help..."

Would be the words that would escape the mouth of a younger man, face covered in sand and blood, as he spoke towards a large foreboding figure before him. The figure before him wore a mask but also formal attire, as if he was attending a party or going to work for the merchant lords within their executive realm. Within one hand of the masked man was a rather large hammer, bursting forth from his pockets were spike, incredibly large metal nails, and his one free hand would reach up to his own temple.

"I appreciate the message and I appreciate your cooperation."

"... why... why are you doing this..."

The large man would them pull a glowing marble-sized orb from his own temple as the sand before him would begin to swirl around as a creation would appear. The masked man would then hand the creation the orb followed by a rather bulky looking headset communication device.

"Give me a moment, beasty."

The creation would nod to its master as the masked man would turn his attention, finally, back to the young man.

"Why? That's boring. Listen, buddy, you should rejoice! Your clan, the Pōn, are the first official sacrifice to a new era. A time when those Forgotten by Wind Country get to finally return home. A time when those who were "blessed" get to finally fall. Wind Country, it has taken a lot longer than I think our master suspected but is finally ripe. The mounting tensions, return to infighting, a putrid sense of distrust... it's perfect. So very perfect. And soon..."

The large man would pull out one of the metallic spikes from his pocket as his other hand began to toss around and twirl the hammer within its grasp. The man upon the ground would immediately begin to squirm and claw at the ground. He had seen what this meant, he had seen what this masked man could do. And even if he hadn't, the image around him, of bodies nailed to the ground, to shelters, to one another, would be a quick reminder of what his fate looked like if he did not escape. Yet, he would not be able to escape. A spike had already been impaled through both of his ankles, and he was not a shinobi. There was nothing he could do but struggle. Even though he knew it would be in vain.

"...soon the first of The Forgotten will be returning. He is a weird one, but he has been preparing for this day, so I would hate to disappoint him. I was actually on my way to go knock on his "door" when I happened upon your tribe. Once I realized who you were... it was like a damned vision from some higher power! It was perfect! You are perfect! So..."
e6eeda3f0a6c522a3f36d63709b5379ae0b032d8_hq.gif

The masked man would blur out of site as he would immediately appear over the body of the down man. Before the man could even react to this sudden movement, a spike would appear already buried deep into his gut. His eyes would be torn between reacting to the appearance of the man or the surging pain coming from his body. It was perplexing, it was unfair, it was the cruelty that nestled within Wind Country.

"Rejoice... soon, not only will I get to call this land home once more, but our master will finally get to return. We all have sinned... Ancients, humans, hybrids, those of a more mysterious origin, those marked, those directly descended, those indirectly descended... it's just that time that you all start to pay your penance."

With that, the masked brute would let out a burst of roaring laughter (hear for yourself). The night would continue on, the camp would return to dead silence, and time would simply pass until morning. As soon as the sun rose up in the distance, the creation left behind by the masked man would finally begin to move once more, pressing on the communication device while placing the small orb, Snapshot, into its throat. From its mouth began a recorded message from the memory of the masked man.

"Hello... hello... if you can hear this... shinobi... this is the Pōn Tribe... we are under attack... a monster...our camp's coordinates are..."

The message would continue until reaching a familiar end.

Once shinobi arrive, or whoever heard the transmission or happened upon the scene, they would not only take in the ghastly slaughter before them, they would not only find the body of the young man who had been separated from the group to have his message recorded, they would find a piece of paper upon the body of the man. Something that looked like it had been pulled from some bound book that predated most of the shinobi currently living within this country. The entire Pōn Tribe had been extinguished. A message was being sent, not necessarily a clear one, but one that was clearly a message.

1VlB3Ex.png

The next chapter of Suna's story, of all of Wind Country's story, is coming soon.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Taken From: https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=792&t=61725
Background music for the scene, enjoy!

Godsfall was a remarkable location with unremarkable traffic and appeal. Honestly, it would not be too much of a surprise if individuals traped through this area never knowing the significance of where they were stepping. From the casual glance, this was just an extended desert. There was, for the most part, no real difference between this and the rest of the expansive desert that covered this country. But there was more to this desert. To this graveyard.

Godsfall was the location of a moment that would shape Wind Country and its inhabitants for nearly three centuries. This was the location that the mightiest human of this country, Primus, would not only stand before two of the mightiest of the Ancients, Homura and Fuujin, but where he would slay them. Their death would be a bell rung for the salvation and rise of humanity, for the decimation and fall of the Ancients, and for a new world. Chaos would be ushered instead of peace as the world within this country's borders attempted to make sense of all of this madness, as humanity's ascension was not one of cohesion but of turmoil. Chaos would pave the way to progress as order and rule would finally start to take root within this country, through the formation of Sunagakure no Sato and the establishment of a government for the humans. None of this could have been achieved, however, without this location. Without the Battle of Godsfall, there would not be a Wind Country as we know it now. There would not be a Suna Village. But this battle, this battlefield, had become nothing more than a forgotten memory.

But someone still remembered... and this battlefield held more than just history, it held secrets.

An explosion of chakra colliding would ring forth throughout the desolate area known as Godsfall. Pillars of sand would begin to rise and disperse. The feeling of chakra would saturate the air as the sensation of battle would creep across the surface. From this silent and still night, sporadic bursts of wind would pick up suddenly, again the sand would rise and fall, and the sounds of metal hitting metal would ring out. A fight was happening in the darkness of night between two individuals. One proficient in controlling the elements that were most prominent in Wind Country, harnessing the power of the wind and calling forth the sands below, while the other seemed to be efficient with their use of their tools.

The sounds would continue on for some time, a battle that would almost last throughout all of the night before finally, silence would return to this historical site. As the audio cues of battle would end and things would return to their peaceful silent nature, there would still be a lingering disturbance. The smell and taste of blood would now infest the air, as the presence of chakra would fade. The sounds of defeat, the choked coughing of someone struggling to breathe through stress, pain, and blood, would not be heard. Along with another sound. The sound of someone walking and the sound of metal hitting flesh.
giphy.gif

"My goodness, you were a hassle. You know that?"

The figure dressed in formal attire, face covered in a solid white mask, would say as he slowly approached a body upon the ground. The figure upon the ground was dressed in almost a ritualistic attire as if some representative of a religious temple. His face covered in dirt and blood, his body now ragged and his religious attired stained red, he could only focus one eye upon the figure before him.

"You and I aren't all that different. You and your brotherhood watch over this holy land... I too am a holy man. I actually returned to this Country to spread the word of a coming savior."

"You.... are... mad..."

"Oh, get off the moral high horse. Blood being spilled seems to be a universal truth, no? This land that you and your brethren watch over is only important to you because of the blood that was spilled here, correct? So why can you worship this place, a battlefield, and that is fine, but I come here and actually put this land to use as it had been used before... and I am the crazy one?"

The masked figure would shake his head as the metallic tool within his grasp would begin to tap his exposed palm. Blood coated the grisly tool within his hands, and each tap would send a smattering of red mist into the air. The man upon the ground would continue to writhe in pain as if attempting to do something, anything. While his mind might have felt resigned to what was going to happen, a portion within him could not just accept that fate.

"Struggling. I get it, I do. We were chased out of this land. We struggled to find our place in a land not our own. We struggled with this fact as well. While you, people who wasted this land just sitting here watching over it, were allowed to roam free. Penance. Everyone eventually has to pay a penance for their deeds. For their sins."

"We... did... nothing...wr--"

"DO NOT DARE FINISH THAT!"

The figure would snap as his eyes would begin to seemingly bulge from behind his mask. His breathing would grow loud as a tangible presence of chakra would be felt emanating from his large frame. His flare up, however, would quickly subside as he would collect himself and begin to adjust his tie, jacket, and pants. For the work he did, there was almost a sanitized nature to him. An appearance of pristine and composed. It was unnatural, especially in contrast to his actions.

"Apologies... You were going to say you had done nothing wrong, and well, it caused my anger to overtake me. I did not mean to yell. What I will say is this... inaction is still a sin. Sloth, while not as interesting as the others, is still one where you find yourself needing to pay a penance. You sat by, your ancestors sat by, and instead of righting the wrongs of the past, chose to sit here and observe a moment from the past. You, people like you, are just as responsible as our exile, our master's exile, as much as those that push us out in a more literal sense. But fear not you, and maybe your brothers if I have time, will actually get to witness something truly amazing. This land you've watched for so long, this land that changed this Country, all those centuries ago, will once more bring about an event that will forever change this Country."

The masked man would stand over the fallen man. The masked figure would slowly begin to lower to the ground, as one of his knees would extend outwards to not only kneel but to implant itself firmly into the gut of the fallen man. The metal tool within his hand would raise up high above his head.

"Rejoice... your sacred land will once more become alive with the pulse of a new history being written... now I must go wake up an old friend. Oh... and I guess I had lied. You won't be witnessing this new history in the making."

The sound of a dull thud would echo throughout the night sky. Everything would truly return to silence once more.

Dueb9y8.png

The next chapter of Suna's story, of all of Wind Country's story, is coming soon.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed like it had not been that long ago, that no time had really passed since tremors rocked the entirity of the country, shaking it to it's very core. The quakes caused damage, caused alarm, awoken things that had been dormant for a long time, and ripped open portions of the surface of the country. It wouldn't seem like it was that long ago, when the Kazekage and one of the Sennin disappeared from the village. It wouldn't seem like that long ago when an evil that had been festering and growing under ground had been unleashed. It wouldn't seem like that long ago that a night that would forever change the very fabric of Wind Country and the Village of Suna occurred... but by now the days continued to mount. The calm from the original tremors and the Great Quake may have settled, but the worse was far from over.</COLOR></B>
<B><COLOR color="goldenrod">
All across the country, bands of inhuman creatures would suddenly appear and lay waste to all before them. These packs of humanoid monsters, a breed that had been thought to be fairy tales or legends, the Unbent, attacked like frenzied animals. Yet, there still seemed to be some coordination to their efforts as they would seemingly appear from out of no where, potentially emerging from the ground itself, to unleash their fury. There were even rumors circulating that there were other monsters controlling these swarming creatures. No survivors had been able to confirm such stories.

The Daimyo, Ishii Shiro, without his Sovereign, has retreated to his Palace and started to plot. While his current status may be a minimal threat, can the Village of Suna forget the menace he can become with the right amount of time?

Also, with the silence from the Daimyo and his forces, Suna Shinobi stationed out in the Desert Expanse would not only notice that the human trafficking network the Daimyo had been accused of operating had not died but seemingly had strengthened. Locations that were once hidden from public eye had started to become more talked about, many of which could be found within the Diamond Ocean.

Within the vastness of the desert that comprises the landscape of Suna, two formations seemed to have suddenly appear out of thin air. First, a tower has appeared that some say is the legendary Tower of Babylos, a structure that once stood at the center of a city, Babylos, inhabited by the very first incarnation of the Oracle Order. No one is sure what happened to them or even how to navigate the ruins to make it to the tower. Secondly, another location to the south had appeared, one even more bizarre than the tower. A fortified city powered by chakra crystal technology and plated in a strange metal seems to have suddenly come to be smack dab in what was once barren nothingness. Nothing more is known about this location, or even if it truly exists, at this time.

The Great Quake has also opened many eyes to the fact that there is a vast and intricate tunnel system dug throughout the country's underground. Many of these tunnels were clearly made my Sand Worms, while others are very much man made. There does not seem to be much known about this, other than people have both started exploring this uncharted area more.

So what will you do Sunan Adventure? Will you prepare to rage war upon Dominus and his forces? Will you protect the land from The Swarm and their random attacks? Will you work to dismantle the human trafficking network that still plagues this country? Will you merely devote your time trying to uncover the mysteries of not only the underground but also of locations upon the surface?

There are no right answers... this is your adventure to write!

Good luck...

This is the official start of the new Sand Plot/Storyline, the currently untitled "Chaos" Event. Within this event there will be a mixture of different ideas utilized to help you feel involved with the process. So what can you expect?

Event Threads - Whether large scale or small, you can be assured that we will have the traditional "Event" threads. These will serve as key points throughout this story, with some serving as "Story Progression" moments. We encourage you to take advantage of many of these as you can.

Missions - There will be specialized and specific missions popping up from time to time that will be directed towards different facets of the currently storyline. These will be much more intimate moments, less large scale dramatic like the Event Threads, to get your character tied into the unfolding overarching plot.

Encouraged Us of Setting - This will manifest differently, but we encourage you to utilize some of the current storyline points to spice up your Open/Solo RPs. Instead of ninja coffee, why not have yourself a random run in with The Swarm? Instead of wondering around the desert, why not stumble upon a branch of the human trafficking network? Instead of doing a solo to solely focus on your own personal storyline, why not venture into the Underground Highway and uncover something?

Encourage Exploration and Discovery - We want you to not only explore our new locations, we want you to have the opportunity to discover something in the process. A good example would be uncovering some ancient relic or civilization within the Underground Highway. To make this official canon, submit a request after fleshing out the idea in your thread and Sand Council will see if it meshes with our current setting. These aren't just limited to the Highway, as various other new lands now comprise our map! Help shape this environment, young explorer!

Dungeons/Limited Time Events - We will be attempting some "Dungeons" that will be limited time events, meaning that they will only open up for players to attempt every so often and may have an overall time limit for how long the thread can take. These will be challenging, so please do not worry if you fail your first time (or you hundredth time).

So keep an eye out! We want you to feel like you are part of this new story, and the beauty of it all is you can now do just that without waiting for a large scale event thread. We encourage you to get involved and wrapped up into as much stuff as you can, and keep an eye out as we will continue to update new things to help you along the way.

Enjoy the Chaos!

-Sand Council

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Welcome to a chapter of the Chaos Era sub-event (an event in an event, or a phase in an event) I would like to call:

The Kings and Queens at the Wall

Please read this thread and then this thread to see what you're getting into.

For the next two weeks starting today there will be self modded event missions. Completion of these missions will enable you to join an Order. We askethat you be reasonable with what is set out below. If you do not wish to partake of an Order that is fine, you can complete whichever mission you wish to do, but please do not retro-use this as an application once the event is over. Completion of these missions will have an effect in the next phases of the event. You may in fact gain a boon when it comes to a big fight later down the road. If you wish for an extension of this particular phase of the event, please private message a council member. Pending the number of inquires we may grant a one week extension because for some of you school is starting, or you may have had a bad roll of the dice in real life.

For the next two weeks, unless an extension is provided, these missions will be available to people for one time only. When a mission is completed, and you desire to join the Order pertaining to that mission you will be awarded with membership to said Order. Please post for the completion of the mission in the Yen section and make an additional note for the Orders. If you already belong to an Order, please complete the mission in accordance with that Order to which you belong. Upon completion your deed will be noted for further use.

These are the missions available:
The city is flooding with immigrants who have received word of the swarm is incoming. As the village stands right now there will need to be several new living spaces required to accommodate this. Work together with other journeymen and construct these new living spaces. While we are expecting there to be a great number of civilians, we are also expecting new merchants to be coming in as well. We will need to be able to accommodate these merchants as we suspect that they will remain in Sungakure in the long run. Quality structures are expected.

Completing this mission will reward you with Journeyman Status should you not belong to an Order.

The 'Swarm' has caused massive concern for locals in Wind Country. Sungakure has opened its doors to accept these individuals. You are to guide civilian and merchant caravans into the city from all parts of Wind Country. During this time of exodus these people will be preyed upon by wild beasts or bandits. You are charged with their protection, as such it is prudent to be reminded that you do have a license to kill if required. Your primary role will be guide and to be the protectorate of these people.

Completing this mission will reward you with Ranger Status should you not belong to an Order.

With the recent flood of refugees into Sungakure there will be several people and cultures we do not understand. Please interview these people and help to catalogue their histories and methods in the Oracle Library. The Daimyo of Wind might have sent some of his troops into Sungakure as well under the guise of being a refugee. Should you find one, we trust in your ability to handle the situation in best way you can. The Daimyo may have suffered a loss, but we certainly cannot allow him to gain additional intel to be used against us in the future.

Completing this mission will reward you with Oracle Status should you not belong to an Order.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
</B>Let the Good/Bad Times... Roll!<i></i>​
giphy.gif

In the temporary as we prepare for some of the bigger events, we wanted to give you all an opportunity to please a game with us, and with your life (ominous music)!!!

That's right, it's time to take Random Chance out of the equation (slightly) and let the die cast your fate! We have already begun this process informally, as three threads have been signed up to partake in what we are now calling the Event Roll Scenario! You create a thread, you request a roll (here), and a mod will respond with not only the rolls but with the start of a modded situation or information as to what your rolls means.

<B>Types of Threads this can be used with:
-Brand new threads created with the sole purpose to roll for a chance at plot things!
-Missions related to events (like the current Kings and Queens of the Wall Event Missions)
-An ongoing thread you would like to spice up (if more than one person is in this thread please make sure they approve of the roll)

Excluded: Active BMOD Situations, Missions outside of the Event ones, threads outside of Wind Country
Types of Interactions based on rolls:
-Swarm appearing (if not already in your thread)
-Villain ranging from Small - Medium - Large scale threat (Dominus will not have a chance to pop at this time)
-Access to a secret (information, passage, item, note, etc????)
-A modded adventure (so your thread now becomes modded and will be eligible for modded mission rewards as long as you meet reqs and this isn't over your weekly allotment)
-An unmodded adventure (you will complete independently and can be counted as a SSM if meetings reqs and isn't over your weekly allotment)
-Wild Beast Encounter
-Other various things that are dependent on location of threads!

Note: Not every roll results in a fight, not every roll results in a full on modded adventure, you may receive a quest line to complete independently (that may then lead to more), and some rolls might just outright fail

We want you to enjoy this opportunity but we do not want you to feel forced or pressured into taking up this opportunity. This is just merely one way to interact with the overarching plot, but you are still able to complete solo threads/SSM or group/STM and interact with The Swarm, explore and make an impact. This rolling mechanic is not intended to be the only way to participate in this event, so we hope you don't treat it that way. We want you to continue to make impactful stories without the pressure of a modded situation at every turn, but also want you to have the ability to spicy up your story, your plot, your narrative by taking a little chance and see what happens :)

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
T9uurJS.gif

The Complete "Kings and Queens of the Wall" Arc!
Want to relive all the excitement of the event that closed out the 2019 year for Suna?!
Feel like you missed all of the pieces of this saga and just need a chance to have everything organized together?!
Weren't aware of the little side stories that were related to the player event?!
A new player to the village and have no idea what the heck is going on?!
Just want to read all of this content over again?!

If you find yourself falling into one of these categories, then you are in luck! For your convenience, here is the complete Arc cataloged for your home viewing pleasure!

The King and Queens of the Wall
For over a year, the threat of Dominus has loomed large over Wind Country. His army, The Swarm, monstrous creatures that appeared to be the fabled Unbent of old folklore, have been wreaking havoc across the sands. Alerted by his own scouting efforts, Takahashi Sousuke, the Steward of Suna, grew wise to a mounting presence of The Swarm just outside of the village. It appeared the time was finally coming for the minions of Dominus to make a move against the Village Hidden in the Sands. Using what time he had to prepare, the Steward called forth the entirety of the Sunan shinobi force to combat the legions at the walls of the gates. With them drastically outnumbered and their opponents appearing to be more monster than anything close to human, how would the heroes of Sunagakure no Sato fair...

During the same night, further seeds of Chaos were being sown. The mighty Obsidian Prison would find itself infiltrated, a dubious meeting was occurring between a Merchant Lord and a representative of a new, yet very old, evil, a strange fortress-like village isolated in Wind Country known as Titan would find itself with a rather rude visitor, and Sora would find itself in the same fate as Suna, with the minions of Dominus marching on the gates of the Daimyo's Palace. All the while, Dominus loomed in the darkness...

The Prelude:
The First Wave

The Main Story:
The Kings and Queens at the Wall
Let. Me. In.

Side Stories:
Let. Them. Out.
Please. Stay. Out.
Let. Us. Join.

The Heroes:
Takahashi Sousuke
Sunahoshi Katsuo
Kaen
Kanmuri
Haku Ren
Kazu
Kasen
Riyota
Toraono Michino
Teke
Aria
Sunaku Harupia
Raizo

Miss out this time? Join in future events to see if you character can etch their names into the lore books of Wind Country!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back