Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Viva La Vida [ Hibiki Yori / Teachin' ]

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
MolUjVL.png
There had been a messaged posted up of a student whom had been looking for a teacher in the days passed. Far be it from Haruka to pass up such an opportunity. After all, she really needed some time to sit down and collect her thoughts... And surely it would be easier to do that when she was subjecting her time to teaching a single person rather than running around on missions that could potentially bring her psyche any more harm than what it had already experienced. After all... Exterminating one's own Kage was one hell of a tedious task, and it branded you all sorts of things that you probably did not want to be. It was daylight out, because she was positive that a student did not want to go out and meet their teacher in the middle of the night-- unless they were Reishii or someone that was dealing with one too many nuts and bolts loose in their head. With a small sigh, the woman would sit back and wait in the classroom that she had kicked a class out of. Did this count as a class? She was a tutor, or something like that, right? Oh, whatever. She would teach to the best of her ability, but she knew that it was something that she had never done before. Lifting her arms above her head, she would listen to them pop and crack, delighted that she could finally lift her dang arms above her head once more. It sucked for a while there. She had written a letter out for the newbie that she'd be teaching the ways of the ANBU:

Hibiki Yori,

Starting today, I will be your teacher. I expect to see you in the Academy no later than 8:00 A.M., sharp. If you are late, please trust that I will not let you live it down. Your training begins here and now, please come dressed appropriately and be ready to work your hands and feet until they are numb.

I will be located in Classroom 26 in the Academy, located on the second floor. I will see you then.

Regards,
K. H.

Now it was time to wait for the student to show up! Little did he know, that as soon as he would step in the door, the pushing motion of the door would drop sharp, icy needles down upon him that he would have to quickly attempt to evade. It would not bring him too much harm. Enough to get his blood pumping and maybe draw a little blood. After all, the lesson started as soon as he stepped in, right?

Riiiight~.

A shinobi always needed to be prepared.

Hibiki Yori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
6:45 A.M.

The clock that sat on Yori's bedside read 6:45 A.M. It was his big day! He would be starting his ANBU training this morning in the Academy. He had been waiting for this day for what seemed like months, and now it was here.

He jumped out of bed and ran downstairs to eat the breakfast that his mother had prepared for him. The letter that his new-found teacher had sent in the mail was sitting open on the table where he sat. He looked it over again, just making sure that he did not miss anything. "... be ready to work your hands and feet until they are numb." Yori was sure that the training couldn't be as bad as she was making it out to be. "I've set your clothes out on your bed, so when you are done eating it'd be a good idea to go change." If not for Yori's mother where would he be? Becoming an ANBU would require him to be self-sufficient, his mom wouldn't always be around to help him.

7:30 A.M.

"I'd better get going if I want to make it to class on time. Haruka make it VERY clear that she didn't want me to show up late." Yori kissed his mother goodbye and ran out the door. He would walk to the Academy, which was only a few blocks from the Hibiki residence. He had only been to Mist's Academy, so he wasn't too familiar with the campus. Thankfully there were some other students in the courtyard out front. Yori walked up on a rather large group of students, "Excuse me, hate to bother but... Do you guys happen to know the best entrance to go through to get to Classroom 26?" "Yeah, it's right over there. We are from that class but some crazy lady came in and kicked all of us out. She insisted on having us taught outside today, and that she needed the class for more important matters." Yori had absolutely no idea what was going on but he knew he was running low on time before he hit that 8:00 A.M mark. "Uhh, thanks!.." Yori said as he sprinted to the door that the student had pointed out. He made his way to the second floor and looked down the hall at one of the clocks... it read 7:58

7:58 A.M.

Yori ran down the hall passing the closed classroom doors. Each door had the room number next to it. ...21...22...23... "Almost there!" Yori arrived at Classroom 26, just like Haruka had noted in the letter. This was it.

8:00 A.M.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg

Before the bell had finished ringing Yori ripped open the door and stepped into the room. Well, step isn't the right word. Yori had acquired a habit of doing to this - tripping on the molding of the door frame upon entering a room. He fell face first into the room, arms swung up behind his body, there was no catching his fall. As soon as he hit the ground he heard from behind him the sound of glass shattering. "What...have I done..."

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
MolUjVL.png
Haruka would peer up towards the clock that had been settled on the wall, and the rhythmic ticking would sound in her ears. Five minutes until class started, and he had not shown up yet. The young woman had long before adopted a policy where if she had not shown up at least five to ten minutes early, she felt like she was late... But that was a given. She had to be there and ready to go whenever people needed her. Hence why she was sitting here on the desk with one leg crossed over the other, hands folded carefully on her lap as she listened around. No sound of the door opening just as of yet, but her ears could catch onto a sound that seemed like someone running down along the hallways. Perhaps that was from other students who knew it better to be on time. Ah, well. Pushing herself off of the desk, her heels would click just lightly against the ground. Oddly enough, inside of this classroom there was only two desks prepared. One for Yori and the other for Haruka. She had taken the time to get rid of the other ones, placing them inside of another vacant classroom for later use. Her heels would click along the ground as she walked, and she picked up a piece of chalk from the tray of the chalk board. Soon, she would begin to write down words on the board.

ANBU 101
What does it mean to you to be an ANBU?
How can you serve your country?

What type of Jutsu do you prefer? Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, or Genjutsu? Why?

Just a few starter questions written in cursive there on the board. Soon after she completed writing these things down upon the board, she would hear the ringing of the bell and the sound of the door opening simultaneously. The icy needles would rain down upon the area where Yori now lay, circling him in a menacing manner. Haruka would turn to look at him with a slightly confused look.

"... Did you just learn to walk?" She would comment, placing the chalk down to watch him. "Get up and sit down in your seat. I have a lot to teach you, apparently."

Hibiki Yori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As if falling flat on his face in front of Haruka wasn't bad enough, she didn't sound too happy with him. Yori picked himself up and dusted his uniform off, glad to not have been hit by any of the spikes that Haruka set for him. He didn't say anything as he walked over and sat down at one the two desks in the room. Yori found it pretty hard to hold his head up after that little incident. "...this would be an awkward first day." He managed to get a quick look at the front board before he sat down. "What does it mean to you to be an ANBU?" Ever since Yori first moved to Iwagakure he had dreamed of protecting the Tsuchikage. Becoming ANBU means everything to Yori. As for the second question written on the board, "How can you serve your country?" The answer to the first question goes hand-in-hand with the second. "I am ready to protect the Stone Village and to protect the Kage. There is nothing that can get in my way, I will be ANBU someday."

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
MolUjVL.png
Honestly, though. If Haruka could feel like anyone right now, she probably felt like the general's son who trained all of those men in Mulan. And damn right she would make a man out of Yori whether it killed her, or not. Yeah, she highly doubted that it would kill her. Let's be real here. Watching as the male would pace over to his desk, she would furrow her brow a bit. "Hold it. Do not sit. I want you to stand, at attention." She would comment, holding her hand out a bit. She would come around to the front of the desk and lean there against it, watching him carefully. Her blue eyes would watch him up and down now and she would crinkle her nose a bit. "I have a few questions for you, Hibiki-san. The ones that are written on the board here..." She would point back behind her. "I understand that you wish to protect Stone, and that you wish to be an ANBU, but it's not as easy as rolling around in a flowery meadow full of kittens and sunshine." She would comment. Nor would it be easy to work with her when she was offering some pretty tough stuff. After all, Haruka was not bothered by tears, blood, nor guts--- It would only worry her if such were coming from her Son. "Now, then..." She would tap her fingers against the wooden desk behind her. "What does it mean to you to be an ANBU? Give me your whole hearted feelings, and skip nothing of it. I want all of the details. That's the first question." She would now hold a hand up, popping her index finger up.

"Next, I understand that you have a notion to protect the Kage, but... What happens when the Kage becomes the enemy to your people? How would you deal with that? Think very carefully about it, Hibiki-san. You may hold allegiance to your Tsuchikage, but you are here to protect the citizens of the village and country as well..." That much was true. It meant nothing to be an ANBU who was the subject of someone who was blindly guided by greed and hope for nothing more than a disgusting notion of war, and that was why she acted the way that she had. If it meant protecting her people, she would do it.

"And what fighting style do you think that you are going to take up? Are you going to work with the art of Ninjutsu?" Her hands would lift, and she would cut one of her fingertips against a fang, allowing the blood to squeeze free of the small cut and the blood would twist and turn into a whip that would crack against the sound barrier itself. . . "Or, are you going to play with the illusionary arts known as Genjutsu? That's something I personally never liked, hah..." Everyone had something that they pushed off to the side, right? Riiiight. "Or, will you fight with a weapon and use Taijutsu? I'd like to know so I can teach ya properly." She nodded her head now.

OoC Rules said:
1. Please post a minimum of 250 words. :)
2. Please post within 72 hours and I will do my best to follow this rule as well.
3. Be patient with me! I do work a supervisor shift at a health insurance company.
4. Have fun, most of all. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for letting me teach ya!

Hibiki Yori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Just as Yori was about to take his seat, Haruka's voice thundered from behind him, "Hold it. Do not sit. I want you to stand, at attention." It was very clear that Haruka was not one to mess around with, she meant business. Yori did as she insisted of course. "I have a few questions for you, Hibiki-san..." He knew exactly what questions she was referring to. Yori took a long hard at the board again while he let Haruka's words settle in.

What does it mean to you to be an ANBU?

"Being ANBU to me means that I shall stand ready, ready to aid the village by any means necessary. I shall do my best to protect the village, it's people, and most importantly - the Kage. Ever since I started back at the academy in Mist I haven't had too many friends. Never really fit in anywhere, I'd much rather be off doing my own thing anyways. I guess becoming ANBU would give me a chance to be a part of something, something that I haven't experienced until now."

Upon answering, Yori stood waiting for the que to answer the next question. There wasn't one. He hurriedly started pushing out his answer to question number two.

Next, I understand that you have a notion to protect the Kage, but... What happens when the Kage becomes the enemy to your people? How would you deal with that?

"I would have to be in that situation to answer accurately of course...but I will say this, if siding with the people and rising up against the Kage meant a safer village for our women and children, I would have no other choice but to confront the Kage and let him/her know that what they are doing is wrong. I would see to it that the enemy of my people corrected their actions. Of course this may become an issue further down the road, as I am not the hostile type. I would much rather solve the problems diplomatically, if possible, over bloodshed."</I><i></i>

<I>And what fighting style do you think that you are going to take up?

"I want to practice Ranged Taijutsu, but do not want it to be my main focus. I have found archery to be very interesting, but the art of Ninjutsu is definitely the path I want to take. It has always been a dream of mine to one day master Ink Jutsu. I know I have a long ways to go, but with your aid I'm sure we can shave some time off."

OoC said:
Sorry I was a little late on the reply :c Really busy when I got home from work. I'll try to post a little quicker next time ^-^
I can't thank you enough for teaching me! c: I owe you big time!

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
MolUjVL.png
Well, naturally the woman was someone who would always stand for vigilance and justice. After all, she had been the privileged politician of Stone turned sour, and now she was the fierce killer of the Tsuchikage. It was no issue to her to push people into the position of what she needed or wanted from them. "Most ANBU are solitary hunters nowadays... I can attest to that much myself." It was true. After all, she went out and hunted heads without the approval of anyone else. She didn't need the approval, after all. Crossing one leg over the other in a swift motion, she would continue to watch Yori. It seemed that she found someone that was in dire need of melding and molding. She could fix his view, make him a sound shinobi, and everything would be okay in his world-- though Academy Students did not have a whole lot to worry about nowadays anyways. "And just remember, the Kage is not always the person that you need to protect. It's the people above all else. You may be a tool of the Kage in some senses, but you're here to fight in defense of the defenseless as well."

She would click her tongue just lightly now as she listened to his responses carefully. Siding with the people above all else. She was to be the Kage, or so that was how it was slated for right now. If she were to ever go corrupt, she would want the shinobi to rise against her and keep a clear conscious when it came to such a situation. "Ranged Taijutsu? So you'd prefer to be far, far away from a battle? Hah, we are not alike there. I like to be up close and very personal with my opponents. I feel it necessary that they know just what they're up against. Ink jutsu... I've never used such jutsu before, either. My affinities lay in different areas that you will soon learn about. You should already know one-- And that's the Blood affinity I just showed you."

"Now, Hibiki-san... Tell me more about yourself. I want to know about my student, inside and out. I need to know what you fear, what makes you feel empowered... I'm going to make it so that every thing that you fear will no longer be what you fear anymore. I will take you and twist all notions inside out, and I promise to turn you into the strongest shinobi that I can. So please, tell me more about yourself..."

Hibiki Yori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Now, Hibiki-san... Tell me more about yourself. I want to know about my student, inside and out. I need to know what you fear, what makes you feel empowered..."

"Well, I've been getting a little better about it in the recent months... Ever since I moved to Stone really, but one thing that I've feared my whole life is people. I don't usually open up to anyone, and I often find myself wishing that I had friends to talk to." Yori hadn't told many people about this fear of his, but since Haruka offered her time to teach him he felt he owed it to her. What if she really could help him with these fears? If there was even the slightest chance that Yori could outgrow these immature tendencies, he would jump at the offer. "I've been doing my best to get over it though, I just came to Stone with the idea in my head that this was the perfect chance to start over. New village - new life."

Yori didn't know why he had this natural fear of people, there hadn't been an event in his life that would lead him to feel the way he did. In school, at first, he had friends. Lots of them actually! When kids are just starting out in the academy they become friends with everyone. As they progressed through school together the other students started to forget Yori existed. It's not that the students treated him badly, it's just that they treated him like he wasn't there at all. This confused him, but he started to care less and less about what people at school thought of him. He only cared what his elders thought of him, not his peers. This put Yori ahead as far as maturing goes, but left him in the dust as far as his social skills were concerned. He needed help, and Haruka just might be the right person.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
MolUjVL.png
Getting to know the primordial tick, the inner workings of oneself... It was a hard fact to face. Something that she struggled with greatly. If she had been asked the question Yori had been posed when she was around his age, she would have answered that her greatest fear was losing any and all control. The struggle was indefinitely real when it came to her Jinchuuriki in days of future past, but now... It was easier. The yellow eyes trick was something that really unnerved people as well. Listening to the Student's answer, she would nod her head very slowly, a hand raising up to be placed just lightly against her mouth. She would process his answer, her eyebrows knitting together just slightly, causing the wrinkles on her forehead to show in her thought process. "Hibiki-san, where did you say you resided before you came over to Stone? Forgive me, I suffered a little bit of head trauma from an explosion not too long ago, so I just need to get the answers straight in my mind." She had a slight feeling that he may have been a Mistborn. The same place that she had been conceived, of course. It could've been anywhere, though. The world was a wide place, whether others knew it or not. Clearing her throat a bit, she would watch him now. "You will have to struggle through opening up to me. I have to know you inside and out, you know?" She would comment with a slight nod. "You are my student now, and I have to make sure that you're prepared for anything and everything." She wasn't going to be a soft, delicate daisy, either. If he wanted to be an ANBU, he had to struggle through all of the ropes and whatnot. Yeah, it'd be hard, and yeah, he might've gotten upset at one or multiple points, but in the end, it would be worth it. Completely and fully.

"New village... New life. What you don't know is that if you even left a single shred of yourself behind... It will follow you no matter where you go-- Whether it is good, or bad. Though fear not, because you'll be able to contend with such conflict when I'm done with ya." She'd laugh lightly, holding out her palms to form an icy creation out of the un-meltable Haku ice that she wielded.

"You said you want to shoot. Show me what you've got." A crystalline bow with a flexible string to it would be handed over to Yori, and she would hand him an arrow. "No matter what you do to that thing, it won't break. I want you to aim..." She would lift her hand up, pointing to the back of the classroom: A dummy would sit there, limp and mocking. "For the dummy's chest. And I don't want to hear any complaining if the bow and arrow is too cold. It's just somethin' you'll have to deal with for now!"

Hibiki Yori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You are my student now, and I have to make sure that you're prepared for anything and everything."

If there ever was something that Yori wasn't prepared for, it was how cold the crystal bow felt in his hands. It was so cold that it nearly burnt him to the touch. "Damn, I can't shoot with this...And I'm under pressure. I'll surely miss but I have to give it a go." Yori started to draw back the bow like he had done a thousand times before but found himself freezing up. Maybe it was because of how cold the bow was. "Which draw should I use? How far of an offset should I give to make contact with the target? Ughh, why is this happening to me all of a sudden?" Yori was very comfortable with a bow, but not one quite like this. It was messing with his head for sure, this was good for him though. He finally decided to go with the traditional Mediterranean Draw, one that he was familiar with. He pulled the bow back as far as he could, took aim, and released! The arrow whizzed from the bow, through the air, and skimmed past the top of the dummy's head. Yori was disappointed in himself, with his bow he would surely hit what he was aiming for. He didn't even want to look over at Haruka, who he knew would be glaring back - unimpressed.

"Sorry...," Yori said under his breath, "May I...try again?"

He didn't want Haruka to see that the bow she had given him was the cause of his inaccuracy. He would prove to her that he can hit the target even with her bow crafted of ice.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
MolUjVL.png
Preparation was the best policy. After all, if one was not ready for a situation at hand, then they would be in a lot of trouble. That was why she strove to put people outside of their elements. To say that she didn't notice the freezing cold of the bow, along with the reaction that Yori would give... Yeah, she would be a liar if she said that she did not notice. However, she did not want to give someone what they were comfortable with. After all, what happened if they had to go out on a mission and were left disarmed? "Just remember-- What if you become disarmed in the middle of a big battle? What happens if you leave home without a weapon?" Sure, these were all hypotheticals, but... Her eyes would follow the arrow and she would note that it would whizz was past the mark and she would give a small sigh. "If it's too cold, you can utilize anything in this room that would make it a bit less cold. Do you understand?" There were various tools and such within the room: Weapons, wrappings, and other such things scattered along the tables that lined the outer edges of the room. "But first, watch me." She would push herself away from the desk now, pulling her long strands of hair back into a neatly collected bun and she would hold her hands out just slightly. From between the digits of her hands, multiple icy needles would appear and she would lift up her hand now. "My objective: I'm not going to hit the dummy, at all." She'd murmur, suddenly whipping around in a full bodied circle to throw the needles. They would plant into the wall behind the dummy, forming the shapely outline of the training tool. Strange, right? "I'll leave hitting it to you." She'd murmur, lifting a hand to disperse the needles back into watery puddles on the floor.

"So, go find something that'll make this more comfortable for you. Use the items that are at hand and do not keep me waiting. You have one minute. Go." She'd be watching the clock now, waiting for him to finish up what he would do.

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[ Yori, I'm unsure if you're around or not, but with the events of the battle remaining the same, this topic is still going on. :) ]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back