Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Void Walker

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Void Walker
VoidAdept.jpg

Strip away away all matter, and you are left with the empty vacuum of space. Strip away the very existence of reality, and you are left with a Void. This the understanding of the Void; it is not empty space waiting to be filled. It is the nonexistance of space in the first place. If the Void, by its nature, does not exist, then what of the Void Walkers? Even the most inflexible rules of reality can occasionally glitch, and it is in these hiccups that the Void Walkers draw their strength.

Spell Cancel - Independent Special Move (3 points)
Some would say spells cannot be canceled outright, merely counteracted. The Void Walker, however, may create momentary links to the non-space of the Void to overwrite spells with the aspect of the Void; nothingness.
Effect: For 2 AP, the user may choose to reflexively cancel an opponent's Ninjutsu. This may use any accuracy type the user chooses against the enemy's corresponding Dodge/Save stat. May be used once per round.
Notes:
- The cancelled action does not need to be an attack, but must be a Ninjutsu that is being either cast or maintained.
- Cancelled attacks spend normal AP and CP, but do not strike any target.
- A cancelled attack does not count as any kind of auto-miss or auto-fail.
- If a cancelled attack is the first strike of a combo, the rest of the combo proceeds as normal.
- Spell Cancel is used as a conditional action, but does not use up one of the user's normal conditional slots.

Null Touch - Passive (1 point)
Restriction- Can be purchased up to three times
The Void takes, even from its Walkers, and leaves them as something...different in nature. Not physically --nothing that overt--...but different. This unnerving aspect of the Void Walker grows in proximity, an the closer one gets to them, the closer they feel the chilling emptiness of the Void.
Effect: +5% Suppression chance with Taijutsu and basic strikes

Pressure Points - Independent Special Move (2 points)
The touch of a Void Walker is chilling, and may serve as a direct link between their target and the Void. This moment of contact, however brief, is enough to give their target a brief experience of the void; an act fundamentally incompatible to normal minds. Victims are left dazed and stunned, for reasons they cannot begin to comprehend.
Effect: As a reflexive action, the user may attempt to cancel an opponent's Taijutsu with a Taijutsu attack of their own (using the accuracy type of their equipped weapon, or, if they have none, either Melee or Ranged accuracy must be chosen). Should the user miss, the attack gains a +2 to hit. May be used once per round.
Notes:
- The cancelled action does not need to be an attack, but must be a Taijutsu that is being either cast or maintained.
- Cancelled actions spend normal AP and CP, but do not strike any target.
- If a cancelled attack is the first strike of a combo, the rest of the combo proceeds as normal.
-
Pressure Points is used as a conditional action, but does not use up one of the user's normal conditional slots.

Advanced Cancellation - Jutsu Modification (2 points)
Restriction- Requires Cancel
Knowledge is rooted in reality, and the nature of the Void is incompatible with normal minds. The Void Walker is not normal, even if they once were before they made contact with the Void. The same tricks which may fool a normal mind just may be spotted by the Void Walker.
Effect: Cancel may be used to reflexively negate a Genjutsu being cast on the user. This is treated like an Activated Auto-dodge. The user may not specify any details about the Genjutsu they wish this to apply to unless they have Clarity. The cast will cost normal AP for Cancel unless the user has Willpower, in which case it may be used as the user's free cast of Cancel that round. Regardless of whether or not the user has Willpower, this may be used successfully on any rank Genjutsu.

Extreme Understanding - Passive (1 point)
Restriction- Can be purchased up to three times
To would-be mental manipulators, the mind of a Void Walker is utterly foreign; whether this be madness or enlightenment is an unanswered question.
Effect: +1 Genjutsu Save

Secondary Nature - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
Manipulations come as second nature to the more tricky Void Walkers. The mind can be their plaything if they so choose to make it. The nature of their Genjutsu can be quite hazardous to those unprepared for mental assault.
Effect: When casting a Genjutsu, the user may add +10% CP to both the activation and maintain costs to have the opponent's Genjutsu Save treated as -2 lower on the defense roll against it.

Snapback - Independent Special Move (2 points)
Restriction- Must have Called Shot
The Void is tied to movement, both to bridging the gap between here and there and inhibiting the opponent from doing the same. A Void master can be very effective of doing this to someone when they don't want to roll the dice on it.
Effect: User may make a Called Shot with their weapon at +1 accuracy for a 50% chance to automatically cause Suppression on the target. Treated as a Basic Strike for purposes of AP costs and accuracy type. May only be used successfully once per round per target.

Stillness - Independent Special Move (2 points)
A Void user may channel the aspect of nothingness into their weapons; those coming into contact with this void catalyst can be overwhelmed by the empty stillness of the void, losing their momentum, and too, becoming as still as the Void.
Effect: The user infuses their active weapon with the ability to cause Suppression. This does not overwrite any of the weapon's traits. If the weapon is already able to cause Suppression, it gains +10% chance to do so. Either way, this effect lasts for 20 seconds.

Sensory Deprivation - Ability Modification (2 points)
Restriction- Must have Shattered Reality
A vision of the void is to experience nothing. There is nothing to see. No ambience to hear. No movement of air to feel. A vision of the Void steals away a person's senses, overhwleming them as their mind attempts to make sense of find meaning in nothing. A Void Walker can impact a target of their Genjutsu in a similar way as a pale imitation.
Effect: After the user Shatters a Genjutsu, the victim has -2 Genjutsu Save to that sense for the rest of the battle. May not stack multiple times on the same sense.

Eclipse Blade - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
The edge of a weapon can be honed to a razor, nearly invisible when looked from the right angle. A Void user's weapon can take on qualities of their power and become partially not-there, letting them strike in a way they normally couldn't.
Effect: When attacking with their weapon, the user may pay +10% CP in order to have the attack target their enemy's Genjutsu Save instead of their Dodge.

Void Mirage - Independent Special Move (2 points)
By drawing a cloak of empty reality over themselves, the Void user can make their enemies think they are not really there, instead a trick of the light. Now you see them, now you probably don't.
Effect: For 10 seconds, the user cannot be targeted without the attacker passing a check of their Awareness against the user's Genjutsu Save. This applies to actions from allies (such as healing) as well as enemies. Does not effect other Void Walkers or those who are immune to Visual Genjutsu. Requires 10 seconds of cooldown after deactivation between uses.

Null Pressure - Passive (2 points)
Open chakra is the favourite target of the void itself, being life energy it can draw into itself easily and snuff out. It's no surprise a Void user can exert a tiny bit of that presence themselves to mimic the effect in part.
Effect: At the beginning of the battle, the user chooses up to three targets. These targets deal -10% damage with Ninjutsu while the user is conscious. This cannot affect other Void Walkers.

Glimpse of the Void - Will Genjutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
Restrictions- A-Rank and Up
A single instant of presence in the Void can mark and scar a human mind. It becomes a test of sheer willpower to hold one's self and sanity together in the face of sheer nothingness and deprivement of all one's senses. It shouldn't come as any surprise that this will disrupt one's concentration.
Rank 1: Targets one opponent at +1 Genjutsu DC. That person has all techniques that cost chakra that they are maintaining temporarily disabled. They continue to pay the costs, but the effects do not apply.
Rank 2: Targets one opponent at +2 Genjutsu DC. That person has all techniques that cost chakra that they are maintaining temporarily disabled. They continue to pay the costs, but the effects do not apply.
Cost: 3 AP, 2500 CP, 1250 CP/round to maintain
Notes:
- At rank 1, this jutsu may last up to 10 seconds. At rank 2, this jutsu may last up to 15 seconds.
- This affects everything that uses chakra, not just jutsu.
- At all ranks, this Genjutsu may not be affected by Cancel even if the target may normally target A-Rank Genjutsu with Cancel.
- The user may not Shatter this Genjutsu, only stop maintaining it normally.
- If the target has Fearless or any similar effect, they gain +1 on all Genjutsu Checks against this jutsu.
- If the effect of a disabled technique is a physical one on the field such as a clone, that effect is disabled as well and when this Genjutsu is dispelled, will return as it was before.

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Code:
[b][u]Void Walker[/b][/u]
[img]https://www.ninpocho.com/images/BattleSystem/CoreAbilities/VoidAdept.jpg[/img]
[quote][i]Strip away away all matter, and you are left with the empty vacuum of space. Strip away the very existence of reality, and you are left with a [/i]Void[i].  This the understanding of the Void; it is not empty space waiting to be filled. It is the nonexistance of space in the first place. If the Void, by its nature, [/i]does not exist[i], then what of the Void Walkers?  Even the most inflexible rules of reality can occasionally glitch, and it is in these hiccups that the Void Walkers draw their strength.[/i]

[b][u]Spell Cancel[/b][/u] - Independent Special Move (3 points)
Some would say spells cannot be canceled outright, merely counteracted. The Void Walker, however, may create momentary links to the non-space of the Void to overwrite spells with the aspect of the Void; nothingness. 
[b]Effect:[/b] For 2 AP, the user may choose to reflexively cancel an opponent's Ninjutsu. This may use any accuracy type the user chooses against the enemy's corresponding Dodge/Save stat. May be used once per round.
[b][i]Notes:[/b] 
- The cancelled action does not need to be an attack, but must be a Ninjutsu that is being either cast or maintained.
- Cancelled attacks spend normal AP and CP, but do not strike any target.
- [/i]Spell Cancel[i] is used as a conditional action, but does not use up one of the user's normal conditional slots.[/i]

[b][u]Null Touch[/b][/u] - Passive (1 point)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Can be purchased up to three times
The Void takes, even from its Walkers, and leaves them as something...[i]different[/i] in nature. Not physically --nothing that overt--...but [i]different[/i]. This unnerving aspect of the Void Walker grows in proximity, an the closer one gets to them, the closer they feel the chilling emptiness of the Void.
[b]Effect:[/b] +5% Suppression chance with Taijutsu and basic strikes

[b][u]Pressure Points[/b][/u] - Independent Special Move (2 points)
The touch of a Void Walker is chilling, and may serve as a direct link between their target and the Void. This moment of contact, however brief, is enough to give their target a brief experience of the void; an act fundamentally incompatible to normal minds. Victims are left dazed and stunned, for reasons they cannot begin to comprehend. 
[b]Effect:[/b] As a reflexive action, the user may attempt to cancel an opponent's Taijutsu with a Taijutsu attack of their own [i](using the accuracy type of their equipped weapon, or, if they have none, either Melee or Ranged accuracy must be chosen)[/i]. Should the user miss, the attack gains a +2 to hit. May be used once per round.
[b][i]Notes:[/b] 
- The cancelled action does not need to be an attack, but must be a Taijutsu that is being either cast or maintained.
- Cancelled actions spend normal AP and CP, but do not strike any target.
- [/i]Pressure Points[i] is used as a conditional action, but does not use up one of the user's normal conditional slots.[/i]

[b][u]Advanced Cancellation[/b][/u] - Jutsu Modification (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Requires [url=https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?p=1171#p1171]Cancel[/url]
Knowledge is rooted in reality, and the nature of the Void is incompatible with normal minds. The Void Walker is not normal, even if they once were before they made contact with the Void. The same tricks which may fool a normal mind just may be spotted by the Void Walker.
[b]Effect:[/b] Cancel may be used to reflexively negate a Genjutsu being cast on the user. This is treated like an [i]Activated Auto-dodge[/i]. The user may not specify any details about the Genjutsu they wish this to apply to unless they have [i]Clarity[/i]. The cast will cost normal AP for Cancel unless the user has [i]Willpower[/i], in which case it may be used as the user's free cast of [i]Cancel[/i] that round. Regardless of whether or not the user has [i]Willpower[/i], this may be used successfully on any rank Genjutsu.

[b][u]Extreme Understanding[/b][/u] - Passive (1 point)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Can be purchased up to three times
To would-be mental manipulators, the mind of a Void Walker is utterly foreign; whether this be madness or enlightenment is an unanswered question.
[b]Effect:[/b] +1 Genjutsu Save

[b][u]Secondary Nature[/b][/u] - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
Manipulations come as second nature to the more tricky Void Walkers. The mind can be their plaything if they so choose to make it. The nature of their Genjutsu can be quite hazardous to those unprepared for mental assault.
[b]Effect:[/b] When casting a Genjutsu, the user may add +10% CP to both the activation and maintain costs to have the opponent's Genjutsu Save treated as -2 lower on the defense roll against it.

[b][u]Snapback[/b][/u] - Independent Special Move (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Must have [url=https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=223]Called Shot[/url]
The Void is tied to movement, both to bridging the gap between here and there and inhibiting the opponent from doing the same. A Void master can be very effective of doing this to someone when they don't want to roll the dice on it.
[b]Effect:[/b] User may make a [i]Called Shot[/i] with their weapon at +1 accuracy for a 50% chance to automatically cause Suppression on the target. Treated as a [i]Basic Strike[/i] for purposes of AP costs and accuracy type. May only be used successfully once per round per target.

[b][u]Stillness[/b][/u] - Independent Special Move (2 points)
A Void user may channel the aspect of nothingness into their weapons; those coming into contact with this void catalyst can be overwhelmed by the empty stillness of the void, losing their momentum, and too, becoming as still as the Void. 
[b]Effect:[/b] The user infuses their active weapon with the ability to cause Suppression. This does not overwrite any of the weapon's traits. If the weapon is already able to cause Suppression, it gains +10% chance to do so. Either way, this effect lasts for 20 seconds.

[b][u]Sensory Deprivation[/b][/u] - Ability Modification (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Must have [url=https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=5383]Shattered Reality[/url]
A vision of the void is to experience nothing. There is nothing to see. No ambience to hear. No movement of air to feel. A vision of the Void steals away a person's senses, overhwleming them as their mind attempts to make sense of find meaning in [i]nothing[/i]. A Void Walker can impact a target of their Genjutsu in a similar way as a pale imitation.
[b]Effect:[/b] After the user [i]Shatters[/i] a Genjutsu, the victim has -2 Genjutsu Save to that sense for the rest of the battle. May not stack multiple times on the same sense.

[b][u]Eclipse Blade[/b][/u] - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
The edge of a weapon can be honed to a razor, nearly invisible when looked from the right angle. A Void user's weapon can take on qualities of their power and become partially not-there, letting them strike in a way they normally couldn't.
[b]Effect:[/b] When attacking with their weapon, the user may pay +10% CP in order to have the attack target their enemy's [i]Genjutsu Save[/i] instead of their [i]Dodge[/i].

[b][u]Void Mirage[/b][/u] - Independent Special Move (2 points)
By drawing a cloak of empty reality over themselves, the Void user can make their enemies think they are not really there, instead a trick of the light. Now you see them, now you probably don't.
[b]Effect:[/b] For 10 seconds, the user cannot be targeted without the attacker passing a check of their Awareness against the user's Genjutsu Save. This applies to actions from allies [i](such as healing)[/i] as well as enemies. Does not effect other [i]Void Walkers[/i] or those who are immune to [i]Visual Genjutsu.[/i] Requires 10 seconds of cooldown after deactivation between uses.

[b][u]Null Pressure[/b][/u] - Passive (2 points)
Open chakra is the favourite target of the void itself, being life energy it can draw into itself easily and snuff out. It's no surprise a Void user can exert a tiny bit of that presence themselves to mimic the effect in part.
[b]Effect:[/b] At the beginning of the battle, the user chooses up to three targets. These targets deal -10% damage with Ninjutsu while the user is conscious. This cannot affect other [i]Void Walkers[/i].

[b][u]Glimpse of the Void[/b][/u] - Will Genjutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
[i]Restrictions-[/i] A-Rank and Up
A single instant of presence in the Void can mark and scar a human mind. It becomes a test of sheer willpower to hold one's self and sanity together in the face of sheer nothingness and deprivement of all one's senses. It shouldn't come as any surprise that this will disrupt one's concentration.
[b]Rank 1:[/b] Targets one opponent at +1 Genjutsu DC. That person has all techniques that cost chakra that they are maintaining temporarily disabled. They continue to pay the costs, but the effects do not apply. 
[b]Rank 2:[/b] Targets one opponent at +2 Genjutsu DC. That person has all techniques that cost chakra that they are maintaining temporarily disabled. They continue to pay the costs, but the effects do not apply.
[b]Cost:[/b] 3 AP, 2500 CP, 1250 CP/round to maintain
[i][b]Notes:[/b]
- At rank 1, this jutsu may last up to 10 seconds. At rank 2, this jutsu may last up to 15 seconds.
- This affects everything that uses chakra, not just jutsu.
- At all ranks, this Genjutsu may not be affected by [b]Cancel[/b] even if the target may normally target A-Rank Genjutsu with [b]Cancel[/b].
- The user may not [b]Shatter[/b] this Genjutsu, only stop maintaining it normally.
- If the target has [b]Fearless[/b] or any similar effect, they gain +1 on all Genjutsu Checks against this jutsu.
- If the effect of a disabled technique is a physical one on the field such as a clone, that effect is disabled as well and when this Genjutsu is dispelled, will return as it was before.[/i][/quote]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back