Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Welcome Home [Private]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Everything seemed to spiraling further and further out of her control. What had been meant to be a simple discussion had ended up a colossal disaster with the two of them causing each other significant pain. Kasen stood there, pointing the trident at Kaen. She raised it above her head to strike it down upon him, her body shaking as it did so. A second later she turned and thrust the trident down into the sands beside her, planting it at an angle with the prongs buried firmly. "Ahhh, why can't this just be simple!". The mist began to fade from around her, and in her moment of hesitation, Kasen had lost the grip that she had on her brother. "Ok, I just...I just need to...show what I can do, prove I'm me, and then...maybe we can talk finally." Satisfied with her decision, Kasen turned back towards Kaen and sent a small torrent of water that would crash into his form as he started to stand. It would hopefully not cause much distress as he stood.

A moment later, Kasen realized that perhaps fighting back against him was the wrong call, just as much as not fighting him was. The scream he let out as her blasted through her water was something that was downright terrifying. In his hands, two spinning blades of wind that seemed to be getting bigger the closer that he was to her was something that she hadn't prepared for. The blades collided with her, and her body exploded upon impact in a visage of water and white light. Kasen felt herself disintegrates into a million little pieces. This was different from the time she had been one with the ocean. This was like each of her cells screaming as they exploded, only to try to reform through the chakra that they all shared. The water made it's way, taking the shape of a small blob, then a mound, and then a human form could almost be seen again, but it appeared to be a slow and painful process to reform into the shape that was once Kasen.

Kaen, however, cared little for the pain that blasting through a liquid form could cause such a being as a moment later, Kasen could feel the heat above her. As her head finally reformed, Kasen looked up into the sky and took witness to the giant wave of fire that was barreling towards her. The flame consumed everything that she could see. Her body started to evaporate before her eyes. "Stop..." It was a choked whisper as the raging inferno scalded her. Entire cells of her body just gone in one blow. Kasen writhed on the ground, the scorch the only thing her mind could comprehend. She kept feeling hotter and hotter and hotter. Pain consumed her body until she was practically a puddle of a broken outline of a human. It hurts...Kasen lie still...feeling a moment of reprieve. Her body was still screaming at her, almost preventing her from hearing what Kaen, whom was now standing above her, was saying to her. You. Will. Get. Up. From inside, Same was not ready to go down like this, and her anger was replacing the pain that Kasen felt, fueling her own inner strength. Stop acting so feeble and FIGHT BACK!

Same was right. Kasen lifted her hand, drawing forth all the waters around. "I. Said. STOP!" A giant tsumani crashed onto the beaches around her and Kaen. The water had no impact on her, allowing her a moment to restore her form and stand as the waters crashed violently into Kaen. Kasen lost him in all the water for a moment, but she did see the currents whipping him around and slamming him into the environment around him. Finally, the water retreated back into the ocean around them, leaving the beach thoroughly saturated and some kelp scattered on the sands. Kasen stared at Kaen, feeling slightly reinvigorated. "I don't care about who is stronger. Have you not been listening? I just want my brother to know I'm not dead!" The sky grew darker than even the storms that she had created; a ball of dark fire fell like a shooting star, planting itself deep within Kaen. Kasen took a step backward as she caught sight of Kaen's face. It was one that was unknown to her. Despite that she could tell he was deeply pained by whatever had been done, he appeared to be consumed with something dark and sinister. As a blast of energy radiated outward, Kasen felt herself become winded as everything around her became dark as night. She could barely see anything in front of her face."Kaen...what has become of you."

Kasen needed to convince him quickly before things got out of hand. At this rate, Kaen was going to take her life with little remorse. But what could she do? Her brows furrowed. Nothing she seemed to do worked. She was still the imposter. I have to do it... Kasen held up her palm in front her of face. She had only tried this one other time, but it seemed to have worked. Kasen reached up towards her mouth, pulling out one of the loose shark teeth that she had there. As soon as it lost the connection to her body, the tooth solidified without the chakra connection it had shared with the host. Kasen used it to cut the palm of her hand. Despite having a liquid form, the water that made up her hand started to swirl red with blood. It could be seen traveling down into the waters, and swirling around Kasen's chest. Despite the darkness, Kasen's form would begin to glow an almost mystical shade of blue as her aura became visible. Taking a deep breath, a scream tore from Kasen's throat as she called forth the one being that she knew might make all the difference. "SAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!" With a blast of chakra shooting out of Kasen, a massive form could be seen taking shape in the waters next to them. A large splash sent water out in every direction. As the aura pulled back, a massive megalodon shark could be seen staring towards the beach, despite the darkness. There was a small tether of chakra that still was connected to Kasen; indicating that the beast was still connected to her despite the physical body that had been summoned forth. Kasen could feel herself breathing heavily from the task she had just performed. She could only bring herself to stare at Kaen. Surely this had to mean something. She was running out of options here.

[Sent Round 4 actions]

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
image0.jpg

HP: 33,728 - 55 - 302 - 1325 - 2939 = 29,409
Temp HP: (900 Temp HP) - 832 - 68
CP: 18,701 - 900 - 504 - 170 - 120 - 2337 - 2473 - 293 = 11,904
AP: 10 - 2 - 3 - 3 = 2
AP Next Round: 11
Maintains: Feral Shift, Immolation Armor(M)
Status: Aware, Unarmed yet armed, Heart is warmed by a friendly presence(Sprite), Seems really peeved(Immolation Armor), A little dizzy(Head sprained), Is not sure if it's suppose to look like that(Arm Fractured), The World is a darker place... (Stealth bonus +5)

1pQprAX.gif

HP: 31,799 - 876 - 12 = 30,911
Stage 1 Armor: 750 -750 + 750 - 750
CP: 26,397 + 990 + 2925 - 330 - 175 - 190 - 150 - 2700 = 26,767
IR: 7935
AP: 10 - 1.5 - 1 - 4 - 3 = 0.5
AP Next Round: 10.5
Maintains: Liquid State, Rain Dance(M)
Status: Aware, One with the Seas(Reservoir), Ultra Aqua Armor (Elemental Cloak 3) A little more winded than she though(Chakra Severed-1rank), Letting it burn(Afire), The World is a darker place... (Stealth bonus +5)

Samebizu:
HP: 35,400‬ -120 - 293
CP: 29,400 - 462 - 2065
AP: 5 - 0.5 - 1.75 - 2.75
Round 4

• --- seconds:</COLOR>
    Kaen is more than peeved. - Feral Shift(3), Immolation Armor(M) maintained.​
    <i>
    </i>
  • --- seconds:
    Kasen is still working up a sweat on the dance floor. - Liquid State, Rain Dance(M) maintained..​
    <i>
    </i>
  • --- seconds:
    Kasen is in pain. - Suffers Afire and Charkra Sever(1)​
    <i>
    </i>
  • 1 second:
    Same bears his fangs. - Samebiza equips Jaws of the Meg​
    <i>
    </i>
  • 1.5 second:
    {Action Collision - Initiative roll 19}Kasen conjures a weapon from the surrounding water in the atmosphere. With a flick of the wrist, a sharp moment causes the water to crack in the air as if proving its lethal-ness, before sailing toward Kaen but,... (15+15=30) vs (15+15+5=35)...there were two of him. Unable to discern the real from the fake, she makes a split-second decision. (Kaen=Heads/Sprite=Tails...) The whip finds its mark and ensnares "Kaen"... Or so it is believed until "Kaen" lets out an inhuman scream before his bound legs seem to burn at the mere contact of the conflicting element(...Tails). He bursts into steam. - Water Whip(M) used. Clone Stealth check failed. 1 Fire Sprite destroyed.​
    <i>
    </i>
  • 1.5 seconds:
    {Action Collision - Initiative roll 3} While the whips sails toward his sprite, Kaen reaches deep within himself to stoke the flame within, seeming to want to contest the hydration around him. (27+18=35) vs (27+1=28) The airs surrounding Kaen begins to grow as hot as the flame within, even so much so that the atmosphere dries, ceasing the falling rain. Something emerges within the mirage. - Heat Wave(M) used. Rain Dance forcibly ended. One Fire Sprite summoned.​
    <i>
    </i>
  • 2.5 seconds:
    Kasen does... something... (15+20=30) vs (15+7+5=27) / (27+14=41) vs (23+9=32) [Edit note:] ...but Kaen knows himself quite well. The hint of fear and hesitation he feels isn't natural to him. - Used Genjutsu successfully, but is revealed to Kaen through Clarity.​
    <i>
    </i>
  • 3 seconds:
    Kaen's fire sprite flickers, revealing its true nature. - Fire Sprite and Kaen are now discernible.​
    <i>
    </i>
  • 4.5 seconds:
    Regardless of the clear lack of a water source let alone one suited for her size, Samebizu manages to lunge herself into the air arc toward Kaen head first, mouth open... (25+20=45) vs (27+9=36), (25+16=41) vs (27+1=28), (25+5=30) vs (27+20=47)... and despite its attack being somewhat unfocused, it knicks Kaen a great deal grazing his flesh with her teeth. Kaen is perhaps to hot for her. (62%) - Outer Rim Breaker(M) used. Critical hit, Hit, Miss. Bleeding chance: (57%= failed) Broken Shell: (9%= Success)(... may only happen once.) Same takes recoil. Secondary check failed.​
    <i>
    </i>
  • 6 seconds:
    Kasen seems to tire out a bit as her control over the elements waver a bit. - Elemental Cloak Stage 1 fades.​
  • 6.5 seconds:
    Kasen draws in as make energy as she can muster with the time Samebizu buys her... (79%) Condensing what water that hasn't yet evaporated, she lets loose a cutting beam which parts the sands it doesn't touch with its sheer velocity...(29+8=36) vs (27+2=29)​
    Kaen seems to have been waiting for this, choosing to place himself near her. As she corrects the aim to target him, he throws forward an aura in an attempt to shield himself... (80%) ... Kaen would only be partly effected as the elements clash and explode. Something shift and takes form. It's back. - Vanishing World(M) used, damage unaffected by Heat Wave. Meteor Aura(M) used to block. Secondary check failed.
  • 10 seconds:
    Kasen makes attempt at a great attack when seeing her brother's defense down for the moment. (73%)With her element swelling, growing within her she forms her own version of the spherical bomb Kaen used before.​
    Staggered but not stopped, Kaen is ready to meet her attack head-on. Small spheres resembling novas form at his side, suddenly expand in size, then they are released at his command... The two bear into there techniques as they CLASH... (27+3+2=34) vs (27+9=36) Despite having the widely known elemental disadvantage, her brother through force of will overtakes the Kasen's water bomb and... (31+8=39) vs (23+12=35) (52%)...crashes into and around here, though its impact would seem greatly diminished. Yet something shifts and takes form. It's back. - Perfected Rasengan(M) used, damage unaffected by Heat Wave, but clashed and lost against Convection Spheres(M) EX. Secondary check failed.
  • 10 seconds:
    <COLOR color="#00BF00">Samebizu flails around violent in a desperate attempt strike Kaen... (25+18=43) vs (27+15=42) ... but although his attack was unpredictable, it was also unfocused. One of her fins manage to connect but it wasn't a quite as effective as it could have been. - Trashin(M) used. Partial hit 75%.​
    <i>
    </i>

[OOC: Here it is guys. Please, please let me know if I missed anything. Feel free to take or dismiss any roleplay flavoring in this mod. Is my modding easy to read/understand?
- There was a hidden action so there are something I think it best not to show anything that might reveal to much about what it is.]
[Edited: For later... I'm sure I'll need to....
-Knew I would forget somethings... calculation stuff. Also, I wasn't sure if gaining Elemental Cloak would count as being hit by a water jutsu, but since it wasn't a specific action but rather a status-effect as a byproduct of one that's not targeting Kasen, Kasen is still on fire.
- Edit #2: Yep, me again. Forgot an ability. ]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Play Me

"Kaen...what has become of you." These words echoed in Kaen's cluttered, chaotic mind. The tone felt sincere, worried, even a hint of sorrow clung to the words. A subtle pang reverberated outwards from his heart throughout the rest of his body. Despite the overwhelming heat he was exuding he still felt a slight shiver run down his spine. The reaction only compounded on itself as Kaen bore witness to what most might call irrefutable proof who this woman's identity...

"SAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!" Her scream resounded across the long beach and extensive ocean. Kaen was taken aback as he heard the name. The evidence was piling up around him to the point of drowning. Her style, her essence, her attitude and now her contract creature. Things were starting to come together. As the massive creature took form in the oceans next to them, Kaen's eyes grew wide with disbelief. For one the size was astonishing, the sheer mass was unsettling. And then there was the classification of this creature, he couldn't believe his eyes when he saw that it was, in fact, a giant shark. He had only ever seen one other shark of such substantial size, and she belonged to Kasen. Somehow she was able to pull Same from within and give her a physical body. It would seem that Kaen was not the only one to experience some changes.

Suddenly his mind felt uneasy, his stomach seemed to twist into a knot and his face clearly displayed this. He was realizing that it was VERY possible that this woman could be his long lost sister, Kasen. But there was one last thing he needed to do to make sure, one last trick to prove without a doubt who she was. And so he would push back the pain and reaffirm his fighting posture. He only needed to wait for the right moment.

Fully aware of his own capabilities, and the suspected level of his supposed sister, and not wanting to completely decimate the surrounding area, Kaen would formulate a plan. Having opted for a more offensive approach to their bout, Kasen was quick to let loose a wild water whip his in direction. Quick to react Kaen would use the darkness around him to his advantage. Flaring up his aura, the sudden contrast and change of light source would illuminate the area around him. In this moment he would leave an afterimage of sorts in his place. By the time Kasen would realize she had ensnared a counterfeit he would already be sprinting out into the open ocean, the subtle sound of footsteps dashing across the surface of the water could be heard if one was keen enough.

As he did so he would form a series of seals that would activate a shift in climate. The rain would not stop falling however, but the area was becoming superheated. The sudden influx in temperature caused a forceful reaction in the skies above. Lightning stretched across the cloudy heavens, dark clouds began to take shape and swirl together. A cacophony of noise seemed to rip above them as thunder cracked. Had someone from Kumogakure been around they surely would have thought it was the return of Raiden.

Sure than Kasen had followed him, he turned to prepare for another assault. Instead, they would lock eyes. The pair were both highly skilled shinobi and the crashing, seizing waves around them did not make their footing falter. His chakra flowed effortlesly into his feet and remained steadfast. The rising waves made it difficult to see, glimpses of her visage came and went as waves rose to block their line of sight. In the briefest of moments, a lul in the rising waves granted line of sight once more and he felt strange, an unknown sensation flowed into his mind. Genjutsu? Trying to shake the feeling he reaffirmed his focus as best he could despite being unable to shake the genjutsu.

It was just what she needed, a bit of time boughten allowed Same to close the distance. The ocean was not his forte', and the massive shark took him by surprise and managed to cause significant damage. How could it not with massive teeth and girth. Thankfully he was not swallowed completely whole and at the last second managed to escape the razor-sharp maw of Samebizu. It was astonishing to watch the two work in tandem, it was impressive really. Both in sync, their teamwork on point, both allowing the other time to prepare their next assault. But Kaen was not some common ninja, not just another pretty face. The shark was big, too big, and would be slow to attack again. This could only mean...

Play Me

A wide smile suddenly spread across Kaen's face. Kaen watched in amazement as he watched what could only be his sister preparing for some sort of massive attack. He could feel the sudden surge of power emanating from her, it was almost to heavy for him. She had grown so much since they last met, he was so proud of her. At this point, witnessing all of this. Personality, Same, and now this transformation. It was the same as before when she went awol and ran into the ocean after the explosion at the hospital.

The incredible surge of power multiplied and compounded on itself as Kasen gathered energy that rivaled, if not surpassed, his own capabilities. This was going to hurt, or it would had he not been prepared. A flurry of seals later and Kaen thrust his hands forward. "Yes! Show me what you have, hold nothing back!" The beam of energy came rushing his way, a fiery shield became visible to the naked eye, the energy kept coming and coming. A brilliant flash of light illuminated the ocean as the energy cut through his barrier like butter.

Barely keeping himself afloat from the blast, Kaen did all he could to stay conscious. His vision blurred, he felt his stamina draining as the fight kept on. She was strong, much stronger than he anticipated. Had he not been quick, surely he would have been wiped out by the blast. But this was the moment he was waiting for. Shaking his head clear he would push himself further and pick himself up.
"Incredible... It's been too long, Kasen..."

Finally, he would admit it, accept it, declare it. This was his sister, there was no doubt. Kasen would waste little time though, he was unsure if she even heard him. The surrounding storm only grew in intensity from the shockwave of their clashing powers. At first, it was slow, but quickly he hastened his steps as Kaen started running. He was waiting, biding his time waiting for her to make her next move. From the corner of his eye, he would see her give chase. He watched as she formed her next jutsu, the tell-tale sign of a rasengan took shape, but was granted the aspect of her own nature. This was his opportunity.

Turning on a dime, Kaen was already forming seals. Three massive orbs of plasma-like energy flared into existence, orbiting Kaen like he was the sun. Commanding the orbs with ease Kaen would push his hands together in a forceful nature. In turn the orbs would obey his command and smash together with incredible force, amalgamating into a bigger, more unstable miniature sun. With it in hand he would rush back towards his sister. Lightning crashed overheard as their jutsu clashed and collided. The power exploded in a contesting nature, most likely easily seen for miles around. And then everything would fade away...

In the mind-scape...

Play Me

When he came to, Kaen would find himself floating on a calm ocean surface. Without the need of chakra he was managing to stay above the surface, but this was not his world. The laws of nature would probably be different here. In the distance Kaen could make out a small island, from it he felt a strong presence. It was still not fully recognizable, but he still felt a longing, a pulling sensation that beckoned him that way. Picking himself off of the ocean he would slowly start his approach.

It took him relatively little time to reach the beach, the ocean lapping calmly upon it. The smell of fresh salty air permeated his lungs, the bright sun was warm and comforting on his skin. He would stop a moment to take it in, closing his eyes he would tilt his head upwards. And then it all came rushing in.

"I'm so sorry it took me so long to find you..." He was talking to nobody, or at least nobody he could see. This was not his world, perhaps the master of this domain could even if they were not technically within earshot. Falling to his knees he would begin to weep heavily, profound drops plummeted to the sands below, he couldn't hold it back any longer. Everything he had done, everywhere he had gone, all the horrible things he had done not only to others but himself in the process of trying to find her again. It was all for this, all to protect her. So many sacrifices that had the potential to destroy him. "Please forgive me!" Kaen would cry out in agony, the pain was overwhelming. All he wanted was to be able to protect her, and he failed at every turn, every chance. The harder he tried, the more he tried to gain power, the more his soul was twisted. The Ancient within him clawing to be free was a daily struggle to contain, but everything he did, everything he had endured... It was all worth it if he could be there for her, for his sister, for Kasen.

[OOC MFT]

Last edited:

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Play Me

Taking a moment to breath after summoning Same, which still took quite a bit of effort on her part, Kasen stood facing across from Kaen. In the ocean, Same could be seen swimming slow circles next to the beachfront. She was massive in size, and thus it took time to her to move. Still, Same was
tenor (1).gif
smart enough to know that this was a fight between her and her brother and she would not strike without Kasen's say so. Even still, Same was still able to feel and witness the impact that Kaen was having on Kasen. Taking her chance, Kasen lashed out quickly with a plume of water that was aimed to wrap around Kaen's legs. She didn't want to hurt him so much as slow him down a bit. However, the snare found it's way towards the wrong "Kaen' and it blasted apart in plume of light. The darkness had managed to serve it's purpose by allowing for the illusion to take place. Turning her attention from the darkened skies back to Kaen, Kasen quickly noticed that Kaen had started to sprint across the waters. "Not so fast." Kasen turned quickly and threw herself into the ocean. The waters around her responded in kind and soon she was riding a wave hot on her brother's tail. Same, having also taken notice, had turned towards the red head and was keeping pace next to Kasen.

As the two were chasing Kaen across the seas, Kasen suddenly felt a blast of heat surround the area. Kasen knew that unlike normal fire, Kaen's fire was different. It reacted in a way that was almost volatile and twice as hot. It seemed to banish the rain from the area, despite that Kasen could see that at least in the distance the storm still seemed to linger. It was clever, consid
giphy.gif
ering that the rain was giving her strength. Kaen knew her weaknesses just as she felt she knew his. It was strange how the two seemed to be counterparts to one another. Perhaps "father" wasn't trying to create them as individuals pillars of power but as a unit that worked in tandem. Overall, it was quite interesting. Still, that was a thought for another time. The waters roars around them as Kasen forced herself to speed up as lightning cracked and sparked behind her. They were creating a storm of cataclysmic proportion.

Noticing that Kaen had stopped and looked in her direction, Kasen took the opportunity while she had it. Her eyes narrowed at Kaen and she bore down on her feelings of stubbornness and intimidation two-fold. Kaen was a person who was hard to unnerve, and he would surely know what was going on, but she was going to try and hope she succeeded. Kasen threw a hand out to her side, what might appear to another as a normal gesture, but that was all Same needed as a command to move in close. The large ancestral shark dove deep under the waters, disappearing from sight. Now a moment later, Same breached the surface, mouth agape and managed to toss Kaen up until the air. Same chomped down hard, creating a series of biting motions that aimed to shred Kaen's flesh. While her size was monstrous, Same had to remember the goal was not to eat or kill Kaen, but simply to help Kasen prove a point. While she managed to catch him a couple times, the third time missed. Having allowed Kaen his chance to escape, Same retreated back down into the waters and circled back to surface at Kasen's side awaiting further orders.

Kasen, having been feeding on a steady stream of Same's power, felt it dwindle a moment as the energy faded from around her. It was taking quite a bit of her energy to maintain both Same's form and to dish out her own series of attacks at her b
Mercury_Aqua_Mist_Crystal_3.gif
rother. It was a challenge, but one she had forced herself to hone and train in order to be able to maintain the status so much. "Not...Now..." It wasn't that she felt like her stamina couldn't take the hit, but the blades of wind that had hit her from before seemed to have made her have to work harder to maintain her stream of chakra. Kasen dug deep form within herself. She needed something big and she needed it now. "Same...I'm gonna borrow just a little bit of your power, ok?" The shark didn't respond, but Kasen was sure she could almost see the shark smirking at her from within the waters. It was a strange concept, a shark smirking. Kasen started to build chakra within her, it started to form in the air around her as the waters twisted and churned at the presence of her and Same's combined power. Three bright orbs formed around her, spinning into larger beings that took the forms of 3 small sharks that continued to grow in size as they spin. As the chakra reached its peak, Kasen unleashed the blast at Kaen, the three sharks torpedoing into one giant blast of water that took on a shape that was similar to Same's. The large water made shark opened its massive jaws right as it was about to "consume" Kaen in all it's power, but was stopped as Kaen threw up a flaming shield to protect him. The water crashed around and beside him, continuing to bear down upon the shield until the shark was no more. In the meantime though, just as Kasen had released the attack, she could feel Same's power start to creep up and throughout her body. Same's chakra and Kasen's chakra were one in the same after such an attack, forcing the
tumblr_no44deFvLa1u940nvo1_1280.png
change to happen in Kasen once more. When the waters died down, where once stood Kasen now stood the beast that Kaen had seen when he last lost sight of Kasen to the waters grasps. Kasen stood, now taking the form of a humanoid shark, tail and dorsal fin and all, her skin having become a translucent gray given the effects of the liquid effect still taking effect on her body. Whether this was what Kaen had expected or not, this was what he now was dealing with.

Unlike before, Kasen had been practicing and training for this moment. She wasn't just a slave to Same and her power, no, she at least had most of the control over her body. Same's instincts were still hard to ignore, and often that could still impact her judgement, but overall Kasen only felt that she was a heightened form of herself, a hybrid of herself and Same, one could surmise. "Impressive." Kasen's voice in this form was more guttural and snarling, but it was still evident that it was her. She always knew that her brother was strong but it was nice to see that she could create such an impact and he still struggle even just a little to brush it off. It instilled in her a sense of pride and that her training had not been for nothing. His own compliment to her also made her feel like she had finally shown her big brother that she too could accomplish great things. She felt that now he at least understood and seen the light. "Now you see the truth." She was not an imposter and was not trying to pull one over on him. Their "fight" was becoming less about defeating one another, and more about meeting one another as equals.

The storm continued to rage and crackle around them as if the Gods themselves were present. The next moment that either of them moved, Kasen would form another torpedo of water that shot forward next to her hand and use the waves to rocket herself forward towards Kaen just as he too formed his own orbs of fire and swirled it into a ball that could rival the sun to meet her head on. The two collided head on, creating a massive blast that sent a shockwave through the waves around them, sending it back and away. Lightning cracked in the sky and the winds swirled around them in ways that could slice the very flesh that it made contact with. In a panic, Same's tail whipped out to try and separate the two, if only to keep Kasen safe, but her tail just barely managed to clip Kaen before the shark disappeared into the waters. Kasen, feeling that having pushed herself as much as she had, felt herself losing control of the clash, and soon felt a familiar sensation from long ago invading her mind.

In Kasen's mind...

Play Me

Here they were, once again, back where it all started. It was immediately noticeable to her that she was no longer in the realm of the waking. She was inside her mind, a state that she had grown accustomed to being in ever since Same had locked her inside. She had practically had to rebuild it after the attack from the parasite. This state was one that was much healthier, and spoke of happiness, freedom, and growth from the time from before. Before, there was nothing but the darkness of the ocean and the threat of attack. A long shark cage hang suspended in deep waters and she could feel how trapped she was when Samebizu was first placed inside her. Now though, now the skies were always clear and the brightest of blue and the crystal clear waters glistened in the sunlight. Kasen could feel the other presence that was walking across her waters. Same, despite being "outside" her body was always tethered to her. She, too, would be visible from a distance from the shores of the island that she had created for herself. Kaen was here, and she could feel his despair and sorry; there was a part of her that sensed he was carrying an overwhelming amount of guilt. Kasen frowned as he asked for her forgiveness. While he may not be visible to her yet, her mind always made everything loud and clear no matter what "location" in this world one might be. As a foot stepped onto the sands of the island, a small reverberation of it echoed in her mind. Kasen let out a sigh, allowing the sounds of the ocean swells wash over her. The pain that he felt was starting to consume him, and when lost in another's mind, it would do no good to lose your own sense of self.
Matsuoka.Gou.full.1563143.jpg

Shortly after his tears started to fall, Kaen would sense a presence. Should he look up, he would notice only a short distance from him a familiar sight. Kasen, the Kasen, was standing at the edge of the ocean shoreline. She appeared as she did the last time he would remember her. Her striking red hair, the shade that matched his own, would be tied up in her traditional ponytail that could be seen blowing in the slight breeze that came in from the sea. She wore simple attire, an off-white shirt and a dark gray skirt, adorning sandles. Kasen would say nothing to Kaen, however, she would slightly turn her attention away from the sea to make eye contact with him, crimson eyes to crimson eyes. Kasen smiled at him, just a soft close-mouthed smile. She would slowly turn and walk towards him until she stood before her brother. Still, no words would be spoken to him.

Kasen reached out and took Kaen's hand in her own, clasping it tightly. As her hand made contact with his, Kaen would notice all the pain and hurt that he had carried with him and his inner turmoil would drain away, as if it had never been there in the first place. This was Kasen's mind and years of training to deal with her own pain has allowed her to help others. Kaen would be able to feel nothing but joy and forgiveness from Kasen. Slightly tugging at Kaen's hand, Kasen would start to move down the beach. She would take her time walking along the sands until she reached a small set of stone stairs that led up to an overhang. Kaen would be able to see another figure on the overhang casually sitting on a tree that had grown in such a way that it was basically the equivalent of a bench. Kasen continued to lead him up the stairs until she stood in front of both the figure and the tree.

Kasen turned to look at Kaen, and gave him a tight hug. "I love you, Onii-chan." Kasen would stay hugging him for a long several seconds before finally letting him go. She then looked at the figure, giving another large smile to her. The other figure reached out a hand and allowed for Kasen to take it. Unlike with Kaen, as the two made contact, the two would glow a vibrant blinding white until the light would
zk0msu8k02l11.jpg
begin to fade, and retreat to the right over where the other figures heart was. Finally, the other figure spoke. "Was she just as you remembered? I remember her very well." The blue haired woman that Kaen would recall as the "imposter" gave the same soft smile as the version he had just seen. Despite the drastic changes she had endured, Kasen could never replace her own mannerisms. "I hope that who I am now does not disappoint. I would like to think that I am still the same, just someone who has found peace and strength. Take a seat, enjoy the view." Kasen stayed silent, continuing to stare out towards the waters. Same's fin could be seen breaching the water's surface a long ways out, but it was evident that she was allowing them privacy. "You know, before Same took control of my body, I was very unhappy. I let my pain and suffering consume me until I had nothing left and I learned to hide it very well behind that smile. I thought I was being strong for you, but I think it just ended up hurting us both. During the time that I was gone, I've had a lot of time to reflect. I've had to accept that while you don't always have control, you are never helpless and that you have to forgive yourself for things you wish you had done differently. I can feel the darkness that lingers in you. Right here." Kasen pointed to Kaen's heart. "I can see the pain that it is causing you, but you don't have to feel that pain anymore. You're not alone anymore, and you don't have to carry those burdens by yourself." Kasen placed her hand over Kaen's heart, letting some of the light from before flow into him. He would be able to feel Kasen's love and forgiveness once more. She was sincere in what she said, and as her eyes met his, there was only empathy and warmth there. She pulled her hand away, allowing it to rest against the tree once more. It would take some time, but Kasen hoped that one day Kaen would fine his own inner peace, just as she had found hers. She would grow quiet once more, allowing the silence to be filled with the crashing of the waves and the sound of the breeze rustling the leaves of the nearby palm trees. "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Last edited:

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The moment the siblings made contact a feeling of relief washed over him, clearing his head and granting him clarity over the situation. He was astonished to see her in this form, knowing what the outside Kasen looked like. He was confused, but it would be remedied shortly as she took his hand and led him up a set of stairs to a large tree. To his further surprise, there would be another Kasen waiting for them, sitting in the branches of the tree. He would move to speak up in confusion, but the first Kasen would give him an embrace he would not forget any time soon. In a sense, this felt like closure for him. In the end, nothing lasts forever, even he himself had greatly changed over these years that she could barely recognize him outside of his looks which had only matured over time in contrast to her drastic outer change. "I love you", these words forever echoed in his heart. It hurt but also felt good to hear out loud. For long he felt like he had constantly failed her, and yet despite all that she still cared for him just as much as she did as a child.

As the blue-haired Kasen absorbed the old Kasen she would turn to him; "Was she just as you remembered? I remember her very well." Kaen would a faint smile and nod. "Yes, it was if nothing had changed. Thank you for showing her to me, I think I needed that, one last time." Not that this Kasen was different than the previous, but it's hard to let go of the past and its familiarities. "I hope that who I am now does not disappoint. I would like to think that I am still the same, just someone who has found peace and strength. Take a seat, enjoy the view." Kaen would give her a warm smile back; "Of course not, you've never been a disappointment, ever." Kaen would comply with her request and climb up to take a seat next to her. He took comfort in the silence, it was a much-needed reprieve from the normally loud and chaotic ways of the world outside.

"You know, before Same took control of my body, I was very unhappy. I let my pain and suffering consume me until I had nothing left and I learned to hide it very well behind that smile. I thought I was being strong for you, but I think it just ended up hurting us both. During the time that I was gone, I've had a lot of time to reflect. I've had to accept that while you don't always have control, you are never helpless and that you have to forgive yourself for things you wish you had done differently. I can feel the darkness that lingers in you. Right here." Kasen pointed to Kaen's heart. "I can see the pain that it is causing you, but you don't have to feel that pain anymore. You're not alone anymore, and you don't have to carry those burdens by yourself." Kaen's head sunk in response, he was not sure what he should even say. He wanted to share everything he had gone through to explain the pain, but she might look at him in a different light and all of this would be spoiled. Perhaps now was not the best time...

As her hand reached out to touch his heart tears would begin to fall again. She was the only one to have actually seen him cry, she was the only one he could let his guard down against. In this wide world, there would only be one he could ever fully trust. And yet he betrayed that trust by holding back the darkness within. All those horrible things he'd done since her disappearance, hell even before then in his pursuit of power. "What if I don't deserve peace? What if my transgressions are too far and deep that there is no hope of return?" After whatever her response was he would rest his head on her shoulders like a small child longing for the comfort of a mother. In truth, I suppose that was the root of everything, had they not lost their mother none of this would have happened.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Kaen would give an assuring sound of approval. It was indeed beautiful and peaceful here. It was too good to be true, but in that sense, it wasn't really real. This was just her equivalent of a mind palace, so to speak. "It is, incredibly so. A vast improvement since the last time we were here." Kaen could begin to feel the tether connecting them begin to lose its connection. It was only due to their close connection with each other and seemingly perfect clashing timing that this was made possible again. In truth, he didn't fully understand how it worked, nor how it even was possible the first time. He would need to invest some time to figure out how to do this on a consistent basis. A little mental vacation could always be of use, time away from time. "I don't want to leave..." But nothing lasts forever, even hiding the truth. He knew he would have to tell her everything eventually. He could not keep a secret from her, he was such a bad liar. And Kasen knew him better than anyone, he 100% could keep nothing from her if she prodded. In his own time, he would find a way to tell her, the truth always has a way of surfacing one way or another.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back