Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Welcome to the Pit [Modded Mission]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So just to start, I'm going to have all of you give me 1-2 posts about preparation for the mission. The biggest thing is me wanting details of disguises/hidden weapons you'll be bringing with you. Unless you want to just go in brandishing your headbands and uniforms, in which case... Well, have fun xD In these posts, you can use the information I'll give you ICly below to meet/travel with everyone to the designated spot. LET'S DO THIIIS.

De Cevitate Attonbitus... The beauty of Lightning Country comes not just from its grand architecture, and cultural prodigiousness, but from the natural wonders that engulf it's land from border to border. This region is no exception - hidden enclaves that hold beauty yet discovered, and legends that every resident could only dream to encounter. However, every beauty hides its own demons, as well...

The infamous "Pit." A gathering of the worst criminals and misfits of this country, and beyond - all coming together to witness, and profit from, death. However voluntary these matches may be, they still violate a number of laws that Lightning Country - and Kumogakure - must uphold. The village has finally found a way in, a way to put a stop to this game of death, and identify or capture a number of criminals in the process. An invitation... An invitation that your team has been entrusted with, to stop this dangerous competition from being able to continue, and prevent any more ill-gotten yen to be spread through the economy.

Three shinobi - all masquerading (hopefully) as participants and sponsors of the event now travel to the location detailed in the invitation. The path is rugged, having branched from one of the many hiking trails that cut through the De Cevitate Attonbitus. A canopy of trees overhead grows thicker and thicker, obscuring the sun with each step the group takes, until they reach a rather large opening, with a boulder directly in the center.

A lone figure sat atop this boulder, waiting silently for... Well, presumably them. They had arrived. The man that awaited them wore a dark red cloak which hid his face, and likely hid something far more dangerous on his person.

"Invitation."
BLyyae3.jpg

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“How droll…” Ayanasu sighed. “They send me to one of the most notorious underworld events in the country, and rather than having me just slaughter the lot of them, I get to ‘supervise’ an infiltration team.” Looking himself over in the mirror, the teen had to resist the urge to scowl. He had changed out of his usual uniform, and instead donned a black suit with a white undershirt and matching tie. The teen looked for all the world like a butler. He had been reduced to playing a servant of all things! The very idea left a sour taste in his mouth, but his role in the mission demanded it.

Ayanasu was only here as a glorified chaperone, after all. The other two would be doing the legwork for the mission, he just had to make sure they were successful and made it out alive. Ordinarily he would’ve fought the assignment as such a thing was entirely beneath him, but the young Santaru was aware of the importance of this particular mission. The village had been trying to crash this tournament for years, and successfully completing the task would look quite good on his record regardless of his role. Not to mention he was rather curious about his subordinates.

They were both younger than even him, and were already rising through the ranks. Their records had made for quite interesting reading as well. There was enough potential there that getting to see them in action was worth suffering through a boring bit of infiltration. And who knew? Maybe one of them would fuck up enough for him to have to intervene, and he’d get a decent fight out this after all. Him and his two little subordinates against a horde of the worst scum in the country? The possibility alone was enough to stir his blood, and his green eyes glowed in the low light of the hotel room.

Shaking his head, he straightened his tie one last time and glanced at the clock. “Time to meet my adorable little kouhai, I suppose.” Ayanasu turned from the mirror and walked to the door, closing it behind him as he entered the hallway of the hotel. It was a quaint little place, not quite up to his usual standards, but it had been enough for the night. A few of the other residents were already up, but he ignored them as he walked past them on the way to the lobby. It was small but well furnished, with marble floors and a small fountain at its center. The Santaru stepped off to the side, and glanced around the room.

He didn’t see his subordinates yet, but they would be here soon enough. Hopefully they didn’t keep him waiting long. It wouldn't bode well for anyone if he got bored this early in the game, after all.

[Topic Entered]
[Marked for Training]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Are you sure this is the right way? It all smells like shit around here and you're as lost as a hick in the city," My spear complained at me while she trailed behind.

"Not another fucking word from you, girl. We go this way," I grumbled as I backtalked my Tsukumogami weapon spirit and shutting her up in one go with a direct command. She had been telling me to ask for directions for the last thirty blocks and I was getting fed up. I wasn't lost, I knew this area well enough, it's just that childhood memories are sometimes distorted. Either way, I was going in the right direction for sure. When I saw our supervisor, my ego was reinvigorated as I was once again proven right.

"See there's the penguin we've been looking for," I nodded my head as I came up to Ayanasu and got a good look at his getup.

"Doctor Isobe the name," I offered my hand as I introduced myself, making sure not to forget my title. I don't care how asshole-y it was, I earned that doctorate damn it. Whether he was some weirdo who didn't know social norms or was hopefully not socially retarded, I would still derive a bit of comradery in the form of insults.

"Say old boy, should I start ordering my tea now or later?" I asked with a chuckle before continuing,

"Seriously, who was the sick fuck who got you to dawn that monkey suit?" I said with a straight face, knowing full well I had been the one to demand it as I looked around hoping to see if Suika had arrived. When I noticed she hadn't, I felt slightly peeved. Trust a woman to take her damn time I grumbled without an ounce of seriousness. I had to wonder if she would come in disguise, though. The only thing I had changed was my age and that was because I already had a reputation in the underground. I was a well-known fixer and an avidly successful smuggler, so I already had my in. Besides, I was coming as a gladiator, anyway. I didn't need to pretend to be in on this mission when all I needed to do was win. Depending on my opponents, either tonight was going to be incredibly boring for me or the time of my life. I guess only time would tell.

OOC Eishi (Aged up to ~16), Spear-chan (Akane)

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Reviewing the mission specs…”

The girl scanned the detailed scroll. Her magenta eyes fixated on its contents as she trailed her finger down the parchment. “Mhm. Mhm. Perfect.” Quickly rolling up the scroll, the kunoichi disposed of the specs indefinitely. Pressing her hands together and forming a Ram seal, the girl’s chakra manifested as a poof of smoke surrounded her. The thirteen-year-old shinobi was now replaced by the visuals of a dark-skinned woman in her late twenties. With piercing yellow eyes that radiated confidence and subtle brutality, Suika shot herself an assured expression in the mirror. All her prior rehearsals had been set. The once-gypsy was ready for the show.

ymI7xpK.jpg

Alias: Lady Konoe
Occupation: Black market businesswoman, a certain Daimyo's alleged mistress, and a cheeky charlatan​

With their meet-up point memorized, the kunoichi made her way to an unnamed hotel to meet with her comrades. Upon the approval of this high-risk mission, Suika was assigned Eishi as a teammate and Santaru Ayanasu as a chaperone. The former she was familiar with, but the latter shinobi piqued her interest. She knew Eishi well enough and, from that, had an idea of what to expect, but she had never met or worked with the young Santaru boy. Being in the Main Branch herself, she did hear his name from time-to-time through the grapevine. ‘Prodigy’ was a title accompanied by the Jounin’s name. ‘Terrifying’ was another. The simple fact she was slightly aware of the Jounin’s name and reputation, despite the overwhelming number of shinobi in Kumogakure, was testament enough to the type of figure he was. Would he fit into that reputation? Her curiosity would soon be met.

Walking into the structure, she instantly recognized an older Eishi, Spear-chan, and a blond-haired kid, probably a year or so her senior, conversing casually. As she neared, the nature of their conversation grew increasingly more apparent. Eishi was being an ass to their assigned leader. Holding in a sigh, Suika, in the image of her new identity for this mission, approached the group and bowed her head. “Lady Konoe, reporting for duty.” </B><i></i> She introduced herself with her assigned alias. Attempting to silence Eishi’s brashness with a stern leer, she continued.

<B>“Shall we review and press forward?” Focusing her attention on her superior, a composed Suika appeared disciplined and pragmatic in her approach. She wasn’t here to play this out as some grand and silly adventure. This was her job and she elevated it to the utmost importance. Nodding, she slipped out a small piece of paper in her possession. When doing so, the shinobi would possibly notice an odd-looking ring on her finger.

On her chaperone’s cue, she was ready to begin this mission.

[OOC: The paper Suika possessed is the invitation she acquired to get into the underground event. The ring is actually comprised of a strange metal that is encasing her ethereal chakra. In the Ghost Walker CA, Ethereal Weapon (or item for RP) can be used to channel genjutsu. This is how Suika will attempt to do so w/o being noticed if need be]

[WC: 491 | Post 1]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Only a few minutes had passed before a commotion near the entrance caught his eye. A teenager who looked like he had just crawled out of the gutter had entered the ritzy hotel, sending the handful of patrons in the lobby into tizzy. The boy was older, but still recognizable from his file. Ayanasu merely smirked at the stir, and leaned back against the wall. His interest in the boy and his partner laid in their abilities, beyond that he had no great expectations given that they were both of low class stock, so his get up wasn’t much of a surprise. The Santaru eyed Eishi as he approached and introduced himself.

“Doctor Isobe, huh?” Ayanasu nearly snorted in amusement, his green eyes glinting. Glancing at the boy’s offered hand dismissively, he ignored the gesture. They were hardly equals, after all, regardless of what the ‘doctor’ apparently thought. “I’m Santaru Ayanasu.” He said in return, the smirk never leaving his face. Pushing himself off the wall as Eishi continued, the Jounin cocked his head and snickered lightly as the boy joked at his attire.

“Yes. The outfit is quite ridiculous.” Ayanasu agreed. “To be honest, I don’t know what they were thinking. This particular role would’ve been much better suited for someone such as yourself, though I suppose the arm would be a bit of a problem. Oh well.” Turning away from the boy, Ayanasu scanned the lobby, and his smirk widened when another individual approached the two, introducing herself as Lady Konoe. The last member of their little party had arrived, and she was already in character and looked the part, appearing to be a woman in her twenties dressed in an elegant kimono. That was a pleasant surprise. Now, if she could fight as well as she dressed, things would be interesting. But that would come later.

Clapping his hands together slightly, Ayanasu stepped forward.

“Right then ducklings, now that you’re both here, we’ll get started. I’m sure you both have read the briefing, so I’m not going to waste my breath going over it again. The two of you will, unfortunately, be doing most of the legwork this mission. I’m here to make sure you do it properly, and if necessary pull you out of the fire should things get interesting. So we’ll play our parts, get in, and get this done.”

Turning to Suika, he continued.

“Lady Konoe here will be taking the lead as she’s our ticket in. I’m but her humble butler Haru-san. So we'll leave at your command, My Lady.” Ayanasu finished mockingly, bowing with a flourish.

It was time to get to work.

[WC: 441]
[Marked for Training]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Socially retarded it was then, I thought as my handshake was snubbed completely. I was beginning to think everyone in this village was either inept or an asshole with the number of times it has happened. One piece of worldly knowledge some people seem to forget, you can always learn a lot from a man who doesn’t return a handshake and it was rarely ever positive. It's like they didn't even care that it reflected poorly on them as a person. Man, I sure was weird. I do way too much illegal shit, but it's the lack of handshaking that irks me to no end. Either way, I let it go as I let my hand go up as I rubbed the side of my nose with just my middle finger extended. He had enough wits about him to parley my insult and went to the approaching Suika before I could fire back. I wasn't too far behind his pace as I listened in on her little rant. She even gave me the stink eye! Bless her heart.

“Lady Konoe, eh?” I chuckled as I let it roll off the tongue.

“6/10 could’ve got something better Canoe-chan~,” I commented as I looked over at my spear, still standing there not saying a word as instructed like a good little inanimate object.

“Don’t you want to say anything to your mom?” I asked her with a wicked smile on my face as she gave me a serious death stare in return. After a good ten seconds of awkward silence between us, my weapon tsukumogami finally spoke.

“It’s nice to see you again Suika-sama,” she bowed her head slightly before returning to her neutral self.

“The fuck. Why is she ‘sama’, while I’m just ‘boy’, ‘Eishi’, or a sarcastic ‘master’?” I asked a bit annoyed now, but still humored by her betrayal.

“Do I need to spell it out for you?” She responded derisively, rolling her eyes as she hooked arms with Suika.

“Wanna be my new master? This one’s defective,” She mused as she snuggled on up to the disguised twenty-some-year-old Suika.

“Pfff. Alright lesbos, lead the way,” I said as I fell in line, ready for whatever was going to come. At this point, I figured if nothing else, there was very little chance that I was going to be having any sort of bad time tonight regardless of how it went.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Ducklings…”

The youthful kunoichi, disguised in a luxurious kimono as the industrious Lady Konoe, paid an ear to her newly introduced leader and his brief instructions. Her expression remained unchanged throughout his small spiel, but both his gestures and his tone slightly irked her. Being masterful at keeping face, her eyes solely revealed her sense of duty and determination, but her spirit wavered as the blond boy’s persona reminded her of a very particular figure that haunted her past. His air of superiority wasn’t too off-putting; after a second of being subtly perturbed, she shook it off. It was too early to judge, she thought. Perhaps he’d prove himself not to be a smug little charlatan as their mission continued?

“Besides, he is a Jounin for a reason,” she justified as she responded to him with a firm nod. Before she pressed toward the main objective of this mission, she was caught in the net of banter between Spear-chan and Eishi. As focused as she was, Eishi and his troupe had a knack for entertaining her and softening her, at times, stern edges. Emitting a pleased grin, she accepted Spear-chan’s embrace and affirmation. She leaned in and feigned a whisper, obviously and purposefully being loud enough for the medical ninja to hear. “Maybe we’ll have a girl’s night out after this mission, Spear-chan? You could probably use the break.” As they walked away with linked arms, Suika tilted her head toward Eishi and shot at him a playful smirk accompanied with a taunting wink. She then faced forward, gesturing at he and 'Haru-san' to follow. It was time to get into character.

Leaving their remote meeting place, Suika followed the instructions given to her in the invitation. Retaining an inconspicuous feel throughout their small journey, they soon reached their desired destination. They were met by a lone, red-cloaked figure that perched himself on top of a boulder. It was time for Lady Konoe to shine. Returning the man’s request with an annoyed scowl, she reached for the invitation.

“How unsightly and unwelcoming," she commented brashly as she handed said invitation. Suddenly unfolding a vibrant, multi-colored fan, she waved it at herself. With an aura of supremacy radiating from her, her expression transitioned into an amused grin with eyes that sparkled with avarice. “Yet, you do look terrifying. How much are they paying you? Perhaps the spirit of a champion resides in you for double the wage? If this one doesn’t work out, that is.”<i></i> Lady Konoe, a figure known for her mouthiness and opportunistic business dealings, did not fail to deliver how she was described. From this point on, however, she’d allow her undercover underlings, specifically Haru-san, handle her affairs until she was further needed. While she loved to converse, her breath was better spared from this point on. Or at least, that’s what she wanted them to believe. Suika, now lost in her role, was a brilliant little actress. She wasn’t a former performer in a gypsy troupe just for show, after all.

[WC: 499 | Post 2
TWC: 990]

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Opting out of mission/voiding as most of the participants, including the mod, have gone inactive and/or have vocalized that they do not longer want to proceed with this mission. I have logs as proof, if need be.]

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back