Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Requesting Entry What did I miss?

This thread is marked as containing someone requesting/being allowed entrance into the village.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
6a9367af-31b5-4c1d-aa07-f9f00659058e_text.gif

For all that had changed, Musashi...ne, Umashi, was quite glad to see that the Phoenix Gate itself was still standing as tall and as strong as he had remembered. Dressed in an unassuming travelers cloak and garb, the man had taken his time to make sure that he not only showed up to the gates well refreshed, but also expecting the sort of shenanigans that one normally came to expect at the gates. Traveling behind a merchant family heading to Konoha to sale their wares, he found it also a most welcome sight when he spotted people that not only looked like him, but also spoke the familiar dialect that his ears deeply missed on an emotional level. Kumo was a different breed of dragon, a different speed and it was as true as they said, that there was simply no place like home. Letting his hands brush past every tall fern and allowing his eyes to dote on every flower, the frigid north could hardly capture his heart as this place did.

Far more refreshed than he had been when he'd left, Umashi found that a youthful vigor had returned to him though his face might mostly be familiar to those that had once known him. Characteristically mostly unchanging, the lack of grey or overly obvious wrinkle might had thrown off a somewhat noting eye, after all, the time that had passed was enough for a generation to come and go but as the number of people on the road began to multiple exponentially, Umashi was able to keep to himself save for the interested family dog or inquisitive child that dared to adventure close to him. Striking up a mostly mundane conversation with one farmer, Umashi chatted about the weather, to another he spoke about the latest tea blends coming from the south, and to yet another, he merely spoke about the rigors of raising a child in a quickly industrializing world. Before he knew it, the gates were welcoming him and so he made his way to the checkpoint. So many people, so many familiar stories and so many lives just waiting to be lived to their fullest extent. Though he walked with them as a casual observer, he appreciated every one for what it was, special.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka had a pouty expression on her face as she waited by the gates. Looking up at the sun to more or less calculate the time she was getting impatient. The man was late. Her usual merchant that sold her tea and kimonos from all over. The only one she trusted enough to give some sort of fair price with the quality of garments she had become accustomed too. She looked around the upcoming wagons and people when finally, spotting the bastard.

"There you are!" Asuka yelled out, making her way angrily at the man. Giving a guilty finger point she scuffed. "You're late."

"Apologies Lady Asuka." The man laughed. "I took a detour for a particular thing." He looked into his wagon and pulled out a small vase, handing it over to Asuka. "That is a new blend of tea that apparently is something out of this world, a gift... as an apology."

Asuka couldnt keep her pouty face for long before she turned it into a smile. Taking it happily she smelled the leaves and gave out a happy sigh. "Thank you!"

Then out of the corner of her eye she saw something familiar. Turning her head, she couldn't quite make it out at first. But without saying anything else she started to walk forward. Looking around. Finally spotting the man (Umashi) Asuka scratched the back of her head. Well, this was weird. He seemed like a normal visitor but something about him didn't feel right. Standing in front of the man she gave a warm smile. "Hello there!" She waved with her usual demeanor. "Funny thing, I was just getting this tea from my usual merchant when I saw you. And for the love of me you look very familiar. Have we met before?"

[Topic Entered]

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
In a way that Umashi could hardly put a finger on, he recognized instantly that someone was partaking of quite the special blend of tea. Umashi's nose honed in on the delightful aroma and whether it was by chance or be design, he found himself looking a smallish redhead of a woman who seemed to actually be trying to get his attention. "Hello to you too!" Not sure if this was a ruse by the ANBU or some other protective force, Umashi made sure to approach with caution but open to discussion nonetheless. "Funny thing, I was just getting this tea from my usual merchant when I saw you. And for the love of me you look very familiar. Have we met before?" Shrugging, it was more than possible that the woman and Umashi had crossed paths before what with how open to his public his life had been at one point, but as far as who exactly she was, he was drawing a blank. "It's quite possible that we've met before, I was quite the party thrower at one point in my life. That or you might have met one of my children, I've more than one of them running around this planet of ours."

Not wanting to give too much information too soon, the man was very much committed to not making a scene if he could help it. Giving a hearty chuckle, he continued to approach until he was within a reasonable social distance, far enough to give a person room to work with but equally close enough to be able defend themselves if necessary. Motioning towards the tea, Umash's brow furrowed as he tried to place the particular blend. "That tea there...smells exquisite. Might you be able to direct me to where I can find some for myself? Once I get all checked in, I'd like to get some for myself." Nodding, he shifted his stance as he looked over at the trickling line leading into the village proper. What with how nobody seemed to overly be worried about him stepping out of line to talk to the mysterious tea lady, either he was talking to a very high ranking individual or he was talking to a nobody who was just a chatty individual. With no place in particular to be at, he stood and simply let the situation progress as it would. It did occur to him, a little too late into the conversation though, that they hadn't exchanged names, a clear oversight on his part. He should have gave her something to mull over.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka looked at the man closely as she could without looking creepy. The face, the nose, even the way he was dressed. The man screamed familiarity. She had to be careful. Maybe this was some kind of prank to get a reaction out of her by one of her pipsqueaks. She was suspicious. But in the end she couldn't really do anything without arousing suspicion. "I don't really do parties. More pranks. Like throwing glitter bombs at people." She giggled, holding her tea. "Don't think I've met a child of yours. It's you in particular who intrigues me. It's like I got your picture in my head and I'm finally seeing the real thing.... so bizarre." In the end she really didn't mind who it was, it was just the mystery who counted. She liked to figure out who people where without them saying. With him, she had his name on the tip of her tongue.

"New blend!" Asuka giggled, no one has ever asked about her tea, or give any sort of interest in her tea. This was new. And good new, not bad new. "Tea from the high mountains of fire country. Apparently the lack of air and sinlight gives the leaves some sort of divine taste." Asuka gave a slight pout as she took a deep breath. "Don't worry about getting checked in, insteaaaddd..." Asuka ruffled through her kimono sleeves, as she suddenly took out quite the elegant kettle, hot steamy water already inside. "How about we have some? Just go to the shade next to the gate and enjoy the day cause you intrigue me mister to be honest."

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Shrugging, Umashi tried to keep nonchalant about the whole ordeal. "You do bring up a good point. I don't think that any of my children actually settled here. They probably went a little further west. Yeah, their mom isn't exactly the carefree type. She definitely made sure that they were as cautious as the most flighty hummingbird." Nodding to himself, Umashi knew that there was only so far he could get by without actually stating who he was and what business that he had in Konoha. If there was one thing that Takeshi was good at doing, it was in instructing those on gate duty to eliminate ninety-nine percent of all threats and to make the final one percent pay in blood. "It's like I got your picture in my head and I'm finally seeing the real thing.... so bizarre." Grimacing through a smile, Umashi finally gave up the charade rather gracefully and unceremoniously looked in the direction of Hokage Rock.

While one couldn't actually see it from where he currently stood, it was clearly in the direction that he was looking in before he looked away and back towards the gatekeeper. "Tea from the high mountains of fire country. Apparently the lack of air and sunlight gives the leaves some sort of divine taste." "As I remember it, yes." "How about we have some? Just go to the shade next to the gate and enjoy the day cause you intrigue me mister to be honest." Nodding in agreement, Umashi moved to sit in the shade while the young woman summoned an elegant tea kettle seemingly from thin air. "Is that a party trick or do you normally just keep tea ready for visitors?" Giving a slight laugh, Umashi would find a comfortable enough looking spot in the shade of the wall and leaned against it. "In my heyday I got to stand on the shoulders of giants. Yamaguchi Kami, Yomi, Uchiha Takeshi...interesting bunch that they are, not one of them had a discerning nose for a decent spot of tea. A true shame really, right?" Stopping at the question, Umashi turned towards the woman and scratched at his chin inquisitively. "You know, I don't think that we exchanged names." Raising an eyebrow, he'd look to her to take the lead on such a venture.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka giggled, it seemed as though the children of the man were accomplished individuals. He clearly moved like someone who knew what he was doing. In reality, she was still figuring out whether this person was a threat or not. But in the end, she couldn't judge a book by it's cover. "Well, I am glad that your children are accomplished individuals." She spoke with a smile on her face. "My own pipsqueaks have grown to be quite fierce if I'm being honest. Always makes a mama proud." She looked at the man, at first she thought he was ignoring her but looking a bit closely she realized he was actually looking at something specific. Tilting her head a bit in curiosity, Asuka pinpointed the direction in which the man was looking. After a couple of moments it hit her.

Fuck.

She had just stopped and interrogated the second Hokage, funnily enough technically third as well, Umashiashikabihikoji. The guy who had been center in the civil war of Fire Country. The myth and legend who had vanished for Leaf, sighing to herself Asuka pinched her nose as she sat down with Umashi, leaning against the wall. Asuka laughed as Umashi joked about her sleeves. It indeed was a nice trick. Considering who she was talking to there was no point in saying it was magic. "I always keep tea ready." Asuka smiled as she shuffled through her sleeves, taking out two cups of the same set as the kettle. Placing the jar down and placing the leaves inside the kettle. Now she just had to wait. "Besides, I got everything. Kettles, cups, magic paper, rubber blades, glitter bombs, kunais, blades, poisons. You name it, they are in here." She giggled making her sleeves move in a comedic manner. Showing an insane amount of storage seals inside her sleeves.

She gave a smirk as soon as she heard the names. Such times. "It is indeed a shame." She nodded with a pout. "All about coffee and sodas and stuff. Lost the art of tea." She gave a happy sigh. "Although I thought Kami would be very inclined to share a cup with me considering I showered him with glitter the last time he was here." She laughed. "Takeshi on the other hand was a lot more patient with me, heck... he was one of the few who I can give credit for who I ended up. Didn't have much Interaction with Yomi unfortunately." Asuka looked opened the kettle to see and was satisfied with the color. Pouring a cup to Umashi she then turned to her own. "Would be kind of embarrassing not to know the name of the man who shares a mountain with me." She pouted taking a sip from her cup. Giving a very happy noise as the liquid touched her lips. "Man this is awesome." She looked at Umashi with a pout. "Kinda mad you haven't come to visit till now." She stretched her hand. "Uchiha Asuka, successor of your successor."

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Uchiha Asuka, successor of your successor." Taking and holding up his cup of tea, he gave the woman a salute. "Umashiashikabihikoji, old guy who made retiring cool." Smirking, Umashi took a long sip of his tea before leaning his head back to sigh. Through all the mystery and secrecy, the façade of the lonely traveler had faded away to that of who he was, an old reminder of the past that was. Closing his eyes and giving a deep nod, he smiled and looked over to Asuka. "The pleasure is all mine, truly." Nodding to himself he more thought out loud than spoke directly to her as he recounted his intentions. "I had wanted to visit quite some time ago when I heard of Takeshi's stepping down but I got caught up trying to live life like an old man, which is to say, I was being old and cranky." Taking another moment to eye the woman up and down, he raised an eyebrow as he spoke matter of factly.

"You know, I will say that it's a welcome sight to see it's less of a boys club. Children should be able to look up, see themselves in their Kage and believe that their dreams can one day come true." Taking another sip of tea, he grunted and shook his head in appreciation of its taste and aroma. Letting another long moment pass by in relative silence, he allowed the natural sounds of things around them to remind him of what he had truly missed. "I'll be honest with you, I've managed to live most of my retirement in obscurity on purpose. I had lived my life for others for so long that being me and doing what I wanted for myself seemed like something akin to a fever dream. If you never listen to another thing that I say, listen to this; take care of yourself because you're no good to anyone if you're lying cold in a morgue or strapped down in a loony bin." Moving his head so as to make eye contact, He hoped that the new Hokage took what he said to heart. Some lessons didn't need to be personally learned in order to fully appreciate. The truth now spoken, he'd take another sip of his tea and audibly exhale.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Light ran through the streets giving the village a beautiful tone for this day, as Takeshi wandered around he noticed the stalls and the usual hustle and bustle that was taking place it seemed that an odd thing was occurring at the gates, someone was having tea with the Hokage, Takeshi wandered over as he caught part of the conversation a childish grin on his lips as he approached them. It was clear that he did indeed know who the man was but now was not the time for tea, it seemed both were drinking, he allowed a few moments to pause before interrupting them.

"Long time no see, on this note, I must insist that we move this conversation beyond the gates, and somewhere more fitting for someone like you returning. Please join us in the Hokage mansion, we will have time to kill so shall we say one week from now the Hokage office? I can have some tea prepared and a real catch-up to take place, rather than at the expense of our gates if that would suit everyone?"

With that Takeshi turned on his heels leaving both of them to it, though he knew that cut the meeting short he wanted to make sure it was done out of earshot of people entering the village, the man could be trusted to not do anything stupid inside the village he once called home, and after all, things were changing and quickly inside of the village. It seemed that he was needed elsewhere and this conversation would have to wait a week. He did have questions and it was nice to see a familiar almost calming presence back around but for now, he was needed elsewhere. Until that week was done things would be shaky even Takeshi knew that.

[Topic Entered]
[Village Entry Granted]
[Topic Left]

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sensing a presence before he actually saw one, when he looked up at who had approached, he was both equally shocked and glad to find that it was such a familiar face. "Well then, would you look at what the leaves carried with them!" Eyes lit with familiarity, Umashi nodded in agreement and stood to gather what little he had traveled with. "I'll follow you then. Thank you!" Smiling and moving to follow, he entered the old home that he had known so many years ago.

OOC: Topic left and village entered.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back